End of Day 3, Start of Night 3
End of Night 3, Start of Day 4
End of Day 4, Start of Night 4
End of Night 4, Start of Day 5
End of Day 5, Start of Night 5
End of Night 5, Start of Day 6
End of Day 6
Full Reveal
Last edited by TDC on Thu May 07, 2009 9:48 am, edited 74 times in total.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by TDC »

The Rules - please read them!
  • General
    • The site-wide rules apply.
    • Do not try to hide information within your posts by using encryption, invisible/white text or similar means. If you are unsure whether what you're trying to do is allowed or not, please PM me.
    • If you're dead (which is the case in the precise moment I announce your death), refrain from posting at all.
    • All Mod communication should go through PMs, please do not request me to do things in thread. You may never quote anything you received as PM from me.
    • I am not a lawyer, so if you think the rules have holes, please let me know. If you exploit such a hole, expect to be mod-killed.
  • Voting
    • A proper vote must be bolded, include the word "vote" and something that I can trace back to one of the players. This may be the whole name or an abbreviation. Please make sure that I understand whom you mean to vote for. Otherwise, your vote won't count.
    • Unvotes are not necessary, but I'm sure the other players would appreciate them.
    • If you want to unvote without voting someone else, use a bolded "unvote".
  • Deadlines
    • All game days will be deadlined to PLAYERS_ALIVE+10 real days.
    • If a game day ends before the deadline is reached, the remaining time (truncated to full real days) is added to the following game day.
    • At deadline a majority of votes cast is needed to lynch.
  • Participation
    • I expect each of you to post at least once every three days.
    • I will prod you if you don't. This will be announced in thread by me and you will have to answer the prod by posting in thread.
    • If prods are not answered or if I have to prod you repeatedly, I will replace you.
  • Informations
    • I will try to post a vote count near the top of every page.
    • Additionally the first post will always contain the most current vote count and all other information you need.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by TDC »

The Setup

This is the Town Victory Condition that will be present in all pro-town role PMs:
You win with the town when all threats to the town are dead.
All other possible Victory Conditions will remain hidden.

This game is Semi-Open, what follows is a list of all roles which may or may not be in the game:

These roles are always town aligned:
You are an
Amnesiac Cop
. Each night you can investigate another player to find out whether they are in the mafia. You will, however, forget your result so you also have to name yet another player, who should receive the result of your investigation.
You are an
Amnesiac Deputy
. You will take the position of the first (Amnesiac) Cop who dies. You will then become an Amnesiac Cop.
You are a
Cop
. Each night you can investigate another player to find out whether they are in the mafia.
You are a
Deputy
. You will take the position of the first (Amnesiac) Cop who dies. You will then become a Cop.
You are a
Mason
with XX. You know that they are town, and they know that you are town. You two can talk at night.
You are a
Miller
. This means that you will always look guilty to cop investigations.
You are a
Vanilla Townie
, you have no special power.
These roles are always mafia aligned:
You are a
Godfather
. This means that you will always look innocent to cop investigations.
You are a
Goon
. You have no special powers.
The following role is neither:
You are a
Serial Killer
. Each night you can send me a target you will attempt to kill. You are immune to all night actions.
The following role can be either town or mafia aligned:
You are a
Neighbour
of XXX. You can talk with them at night, but you do not know their alignment.
All other roles can be either town aligned, mafia aligned or be a group ability of the mafia(*):
You are an
Amnesiac Tracker
. Each night you can find out who another player targeted that night. You will, however, forget your result so you also have to name yet another player, who should receive the result of your tracking.
You are an
Amnesiac Watcher
. Each night you can find out who targeted another player that night. You will, however, forget your result so you also have to name yet another player, who should receive the result of your watching.
You are a
Bodyguard
. Each night you can choose to protect another player. You will die in their place if they are targeted for a kill.
You are a
Doctor
. Each night you can choose to protect another player.
You are a
Jailkeeper
. Each night you can lock another player away. They will neither be able to perform their night action nor can anyone else perform a night action on them.
You are a
Gun Inventor
. Each night you can give another player a gun (One-Shot Vigilante) to be used on any subsequent night.
You are a
Nurse
. You will take the position of the first Doctor who dies.
You are a
One-Shot Doctor
. One night you can protect another player.
You are a
One-Shot Vigilante
. One night you can attempt to kill another player.
You are a
Roleblocker
. Each night you can prevent another player from performing their night action.
You are a
Tracker
. Each night you can find out who another player targeted that night.
You are a
Syringe Inventor
. Each night you can give another player a syringe (One-Shot Doctor) to be used on any subsequent night.
You are a
Vigilante
. Each night you can attempt to kill another player.
You are a
Watcher
. Each night you can find out who targeted another player that night.
(*)
Example: The group ability of Vigilante is identical with a mafia kill.
Note: The last mafia member may use both one group ability and his role ability in the same night. Group abilities may or may not be used on themselves in that case.
Last edited by TDC on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by TDC »

It is sunny autumn afternoon in the little town of Roccisi near Sobro San Basile.
But as the remaining twelve inhabitants of the town let down the coffin of their former mayor, their feelings are not as bright.
Just a day had passed since they found him in his living room. Shot through the head, and with a note attached to his blood-soaked pajama.
"This town is
our
town" it read.

"Why would anybody care for our town?" some townspeople wondered. "Nobody ever cared for us."

They decided to look around a bit in the mayor's office, and soon found what they searched: A hand-written letter:
"Dear Mayor,

You have not paid your bills this month. We are sure you are not doing this on purpose and expect to receive the payment within the next two days.

As you probably know, we will not be able to guarantee your safety otherwise.

Best Wishes,
The Mafia of Roccisi."

Everyone had something to say about the discovery.

"They must be living in the midst of us!"
"Back in the days, the mafia used to write better letters. This one is ridiculous."
"I wish there was a method to find out who wrote this."
"I've always been loyal to our mayor, but I remember YOU having a grudge against him."
For hours accusations flew around.

But now the priest reads the prayer. Everyone's looking around, carefully gauging the others' eyes. Could he be in the mafia? No, he's too stupid. But what about him? Never liked how he chopped the lambs with so much pleasure.

They spend the rest of the day in the Roccisi Inn with the biggest and most delicious banquet the town has ever seen. But the combination of honest sadness about the death of the mayor who had served the town for such a long time, distrust and fear prevents any conversation.

At sunset the twelve seperate.

It is now Night 0.

Roles sent. Please confirm via PM and (if applicable) send your night choice as soon as possible.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:18 am

Post by TDC »

In the morning, the inhabitants of Roccisi meet at the town hall.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11", one of them counts.
"11? Who's missing?"
"You idiot, you forgot to count yourself!"
Indeed, everybody is still alive!

It is now Day 1.

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Monday, December 1st, 23:00 CET.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Korts »

Vote: Ectomancer

For being my IC way back.
scumchat never die
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Vote: Rage
. Rage is a dangerous emotion.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by chuckrock »

Vote: Brain of Wombat

Longest is very suspicious!
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Brain of Wombat »

Good evening, boys and girls, how are we all today? Glad to see we all survived the night.

Now rather than voting for people based on silly criteria like the length of their username 8-) , lets take a second and be rational about this. As we started with a night phase, did anybody get any useful information last night?

I hate the first day, nobody knows who anybody is and I don't want us to accidentally bandwagon into a mis-lynch. But since we started at night, lets wait and see if an investigator comes forward with some information.

Let's just exercise caution for the time being.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Sure.

vote MassClaim
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Rage »

MacavityLock wrote:
. Rage is a dangerous emotion.
So is
lock
ing the
ma
ximum of
cavit
ies!

OMGUS Vote: MacavityLock

Also, this:
Brain of Wombat wrote:Good evening, boys and girls, how are we all today? Glad to see we all survived the night.
Coupled with:
Brain of Wombat wrote:As we started with a night phase, did anybody get any useful information last night?
= Scum

At least, that's what I think of it.

FoS: Brain of Wombat

Ectomancer wrote:
vote MassClaim
T'ain't no man named Massclaim here.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Rage »

Rage wrote:So is locking the maximum of cavities!
I forgot to mention that that isn't an emotion, but this is a good excuse for OMGUSing!
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

OH HAI THAR

EPICMAFIA.COM :D
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

Vote: Marcunt
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Yeah, Puta, you're going to have to explain those two posts. Like every word of them except maybe for "Vote."

Unvote Rage
. One of the best first posts I've seen. A+++. Would buy again.
Vote: Wombat

Ecto: Do you really want a massclaim, or are you looking for reactions? Because my reaction is NO!
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by darkdude »

As we started with a night phase, did anybody get any useful information last night?
Normal investigation roles shouldn't claim anything at the moment. And if there is a special case that would benefit us so much if someone claimed, I'm sure it would be self evident to that player.

Let's end the random voting already.

Vote: Brain of Wombat
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

MacavityLock wrote: Ecto: Do you really want a massclaim, or are you looking for reactions? Because my reaction is NO!
It's both my sarcastic response to Wombat and a dangling shiny bauble. Darkdude summed up Wombat's suggestion better, but I couldn't resist leaving a space of ambiguity to be explored.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Woah! Let's all calm down a second. That's exactly the kind of bandwagoning I was talking about.

What exacly was my crime there, Rage? I've never seen a game starton a night phase before and I was afraid the scum might pick off a townie before we even got started. I was glad to see that didn't happen, that's all.

I also thought, unlikely as it is, that an investigator could have discovered something useful last night that we could go on. However, given the numbers, darkdude makes a fair point and I can see why an investigator wouldn't want to risk their neck by claiming.

I'm just saying that, lacking any information, we should hold off on lynching anyone today, there's too much chance of us helping out the scum by lynching an innocent townie.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Rage »

Brain of Wombat wrote:Woah! Let's all calm down a second. That's exactly the kind of bandwagoning I was talking about.
Cute. Tell me, how did you not foretell this type of reaction?
Brain of Wombat wrote:What exacly was my crime there, Rage? I've never seen a game starton a night phase before and I was afraid the scum might pick off a townie before we even got started. I was glad to see that didn't happen, that's all.
Whenever I see a player point out something that either
shouldn't
have happened during the night (something bad) or something obvious, like something to the effect of "Oh dang, our doctor died!", I assume they are scum. It's a pretty easy assumption to make because why would any townie take it upon their self to point out the obvious to the rest of the town, which includes the scum that killed said doctor? At this point of the game, there is no pro-town reason for asking for a cop claim, let alone asking not to lynch anyone, too. And based on the 'bandwagon' that has formed on you, I'm sure many others see it this way, too.

Right now, you sound a lot like one of those ambiguous-alignment roles listed in one of the first posts by the mod. What I'm trying to say is, you sound like a scum version of one of those roles acting Too Townie.
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm just saying that, lacking any information, we should hold off on lynching anyone today, there's too much chance of us helping out the scum by lynching an innocent townie.
That's assuming we lynch townie today, which you propose we shouldn't do, which, by the way, is genuine scumtalk. Anyways, without lynching anybody, you also propose outing investigative town power roles. Huh. Well, how can we possibly go wrong with that course of action?

Also, I agree with darkdude.

Unvote: MacavityLock
Real Vote: Brain of Wombat

I want a role claim.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Rage wrote:
Brain of Wombat wrote:Woah! Let's all calm down a second. That's exactly the kind of bandwagoning I was talking about.
Cute. Tell me, how did you not foretell this type of reaction?
Pure newbie naivety.

I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town because statistically, that's more likely - there's more of us than there are of them. I say it ever more earnestly now, because if this wagon keeps on rolling you actually will lynch a townie.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Rage »

Brain of Wombat wrote:I say it ever more earnestly now, because if this wagon keeps on rolling you actually will lynch a townie.
How do you expect us to believe you are town if townies usually are the only ones who know who they are?

And, the fact that you say this, taken out of context:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town
Means to me that you are trying to say you know who town is but don't want to give away that you do.. but I don't think any scum is dumb enough to say that, which leaves me confused. If, in fact, you do not want to lynch a townie, why aren't you providing who you think is most likely to be scum?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by darkdude »

Wombat wrote: Woah! Let's all calm down a second. That's exactly the kind of bandwagoning I was talking about.
These kinds of bandwagoning are what starts a game off. Not cop claims.
Wombat wrote: I'm just saying that, lacking any information, we should hold off on lynching anyone today, there's too much chance of us helping out the scum by lynching an innocent townie.
Does this equate to "I suggest no lynch"?
Rage wrote: Right now, you sound a lot like one of those ambiguous-alignment roles listed in one of the first posts by the mod. What I'm trying to say is, you sound like a scum version of one of those roles acting Too Townie.
What? You think you have a read on his role rather than alignment?
Rage wrote: I want a role claim.
I don't want one. Not yet.
Wombat wrote: I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town because statistically, that's more likely - there's more of us than there are of them.
Statistically, we're always more likely to lynch town than scum unless scum outnumber us at which point we lose. And your point is?
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:55 pm

I haven't a clue who is town, nor do I know who the scum are, hence why I'm suggesting caution today. On the first day we know sweet fuck all, we are in no position to lynch anybody with any degree of certainty. I foolishly mentioned the idea of investigators providing information without considering the risks to their survival, that was dumb, I admit that.

I'm not just suggesting "not lynching town", I'm suggesting a no lynch in order to avoid the chance of lynching a townie by mistake.

I'm just looking at the maths, and if there are more town than scum, then with no information we are statistically more likely to get the wrong person.

I don't know anything except that I'm as townie as they come.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by darkdude »

Rage wrote:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I say it ever more earnestly now, because if this wagon keeps on rolling you actually will lynch a townie.
How do you expect us to believe you are town if townies usually are the only ones who know who they are?

And, the fact that you say this, taken out of context:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town
Means to me that you are trying to say you know who town is but don't want to give away that you do.. but I don't think any scum is dumb enough to say that, which leaves me confused. If, in fact, you do not want to lynch a townie, why aren't you providing who you think is most likely to be scum?
When he's just stating the obvious, it is not necessary to attack him quote for quote...

And you admit to taking his words out of context?

Unvote: Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:00 pm

darkdude wrote:
Wombat wrote: I'm just saying that, lacking any information, we should hold off on lynching anyone today, there's too much chance of us helping out the scum by lynching an innocent townie.
Does this equate to "I suggest no lynch"?
Yes.
darkdude wrote:
Rage wrote: I want a role claim.
I don't want one. Not yet.
Wasn't planning to, but if this continues...

darkdude wrote:
Wombat wrote: I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town because statistically, that's more likely - there's more of us than there are of them.
Statistically, we're always more likely to lynch town than scum unless scum outnumber us at which point we lose. And your point is?
[/quote]
That later we will at least have some information to go on. Right now we're blindly chucking darts at a board and are more likely to get the wrong person.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”