Newbie 1,276 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Newbie 1,276 (Game over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Storie di tutti i giorni,
Vecchi discorse sempre da fare...

So begins the song by Riccardo Fogli. You kind of identify with it—life in Rome is not all it's chalked up to be. Wake up. Go to work. Do what you get paid to do. Come back home. Sleep. Repeat four more times. Take two days off to relax. Start again from the top.

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse than this, the Mafia showed up in Rome and started killing people left and right. Your simple life now seems to be heaven compared to the hell you're being put through now—and the mayor's calling on you to put a stop to this.

Not your typical
storia di tutti i giorni
anymore, now is it?

Spoiler: ALIVE (1/9)
JasonWazza, who replaced Venrob, who was a
Mafia goon
, has survived the endgame.

A
bold name
indicates a confirmed player.
A
gray name
indicates a semi-experienced, or SE, player.
A
purple name
indicates an inexperience-challenged, or IC, player.
An asterisk (*) indicates a prod issued to a player.
A red
X
indicates a warning issued to a player.

Spoiler: DEAD (8/9)
Wiibox3, who was a
vanilla townie
, has been lynched on Day 1.
ewo2, who was a
vanilla townie
, has been lynched on Day 2.
JohnnyFarrar
, who replaced
Nekoko
, who was a
Mafia role cop
, has been lynched on Day 3.
Paschendale
, who was a
doctor
, has been blown up on Night 3.
Cheery Dog, who was a
vanilla townie
, has been lynched on Day 4.
nhammen
, who was a
vanilla townie
, has been stabbed on Night 4.
CityElectric, who replaced jambecca, who replaced McLucien18, who was a
vanilla townie
, has been lynched on Day 5.
HerrRudi, who replaced MissMaggot, who was a
vanilla townie
, has had his throat slit in the endgame.

A
gray name
indicates a semi-experienced, or SE, player.
A
purple name
indicates an inexperience-challenged, or IC, player.

IMPORTANT LINKS

Rules. Yes, they're important.
Day 1 start | Day 1 end
Day 2 start | Day 2 end
Day 3 start | Day 3 end
Day 4 start | Day 4 end
Day 5 start
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

RULES

1. This is a semi-open setup, which means that all of the possible roles are known in advance, but not all of them are necessarily in play and the exact number of a certain role will vary between certain bounds.

As you are playing the 2of4 setup, you know seven of the roles to be one Mafia goon, one Mafia role cop, and five vanilla townies. The eighth and ninth roles are drawn at random, without replacement, from a cop, a doctor, a jailkeeper, or a vanilla townie.

All possible role PMs read the following:
    For the Mafia role cop role PM, StrangerCoug wrote:____________, you are a . You, along with your partner in crime ____________ (who is a goon), are ready to show these unsuspecting residents what Rome is all about—vendetta, vendetta, and more vendetta! And just before they think that the Mafia's not as underhanded as people say they are—you have access to every payroll in Rome and can find out anyone's night job! (Everyone's day job is to decide who looks pretty in rope, as boring as it sounds.)

Each night, you may discuss with your partner whom you would like to kill and which one of you will PM me with the hit. You are not allowed to kill yourself or your partner. In addition, you specifically may select one player whom you would like to investigate. I will tell you what role I assigned to that person. If you decide not to kill or investigate anybody, it'd be nice if I know. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first.

I have made a QuickTopic where you may discuss your night action here. Discussing in the QuickTopic before the game starts is fine, but once I announce the start of the game you will only be allowed to post there at night.

You win when all players in Rome are the Mafia or nothing can prevent the same.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The game is here and you're playing a day start.

For the Mafia goon role PM, StrangerCoug wrote:____________, you are a . You, along with your partner in crime ____________ (who is a role cop), are ready to show these unsuspecting residents what Rome is all about—vendetta, vendetta, and more vendetta!

Each night, you may discuss with your partner whom you would like to kill and which one of you will PM me with the hit. You are not allowed to kill yourself or your partner. If you decide not to kill anybody, it'd be nice if I know. See the rules post for a description of your partner's role cop ability. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first.

I have made a QuickTopic where you may discuss your night action here. Discussing in the QuickTopic before the game starts is fine, but once I announce the start of the game you will only be allowed to post there at night.

You win when all players in Rome are the Mafia or nothing can prevent the same.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The game is here and you're playing a day start.

For the cop role PM, StrangerCoug wrote:____________, you are a
    cop
    . Rome's crime rate has skyrocketed since the Mafia came to town, and the town's looking to you to search the police database and pull up records of suspected Mafiosi. Can you find them?

Each night, you may PM me the name of one player whom you would like to investigate. I will tell you whether that player is innocent or guilty. If you decide not to investigate a certain night, it'd be nice if I know.

You win when all threats to Rome have been eliminated from the game.

For the doctor role PM, StrangerCoug wrote:____________, you are a
    doctor
    . Murder has become one of Rome's biggest worries, and everyone is worried about whether they'll wake up the next morning—and you can make sure it happens.

Each night, you may PM me the name of one player whom you would like to protect. Any attempt to kill that player will fail. You are not allowed to protect yourself. It's that simple.

For the jailkeeper role PM, StrangerCoug wrote:____________, you are a
    jailkeeper
    . With crime running rampant in Rome these days, you're going to need a way to keep the Mafia from the general populace. The jail in Rome happens to have an open space, too, but without probable cause you can only keep someone without charging them with a crime for one night.

Each night, you may PM me the name of one player whom you would like to jailkeep. That player may neither use a night action nor be killed that night. You are not allowed to jailkeep yourself. If you decide not to jailkeep a player, it'd be nice if I know.

For the vanilla townie role PM, StrangerCoug wrote:____________, you are a . It was your basic everyday life in Rome until the Mafia rolled in, and it's time for them to roll out before they take over the beating heart of Italy.

You have no gun, no badge, no first aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—Roman pride, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to prevent a Mafia takeover!

2. The preferred voting method is to put vote tags around the player's name, but I will still accept the old method of bolding the word "vote" followed by said player's name, e.g. VOTE: StrangerCoug or
    Vote: StrangerCoug
    . As long as I can tell to whom you are referring, spelling does not count and I will accept abbreviated or otherwise shortened forms of the name of the vote's recipient. You may also VOTE: No Lynch. I no longer require unvotes.
  3. A majority of votes is required for a lynch, even at deadline. Once a lynch has been decided, it is final and further votes and unvotes do not count for the current day. If deadline (which, in newbie games, is always three weeks after the start of the day) is reached with no player having enough votes for a lynch, the day ends in an automatic No Lynch.
  4. You may continue to post game-related after you are lynched, but once I close the thread for the day, you die and must stop posting in the game. You get one "bah" post after you die, but that's it.
  5. You are not forced to like each other, but the fact that you badly want so and so offed does not give you the right to insult him or her. Please keep your hatred of people or groups thereof to yourself. Profanity is not in and of itself banned, but if it gets out of hand, it falls under this rule.
  6. Do not hide text or otherwise hinder its readability by using spoiler tags, invisible or encrypted text, etc. You may, however, post in any color that can be easily read against the forum background other than
    purple
    . (I know it sounds arbitrary to forbid a specific color, but I'm saving my favorite color for mod use since I am the mod :P)
  7. Impersonating the moderator is prohibited.
  8. Unless you're the moderator (that's me, obviously), co-moderator (that's nobody), or backup moderator (that's nobody) of this game, please do not delete or edit any posts in this thread.
  9. You are not allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread unless I tell you otherwise, nor are you allowed to discuss other ongoing games in this thread.
  10. Do not quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with at night, in this thread. This includes your role PM. You are allowed to paraphrase, but you are not allowed to plagiarize. If in doubt as to your paraphrase's legality, PM me with the wording you want to use. If you have a Quicktopic, quoting mod communications there is fine.
  11. Claiming to be scum with someone else is prohibited.
  12. Once you submit a replacement request, you give up the priviledge to post in the thread. If you want your slot back, you must PM me and wait for me to announce your return just like everybody else who wants your slot. If you are being replaced involuntarily (see below), you cannot get your slot back.
  13. I will issue a prod to any player that does not post for 72 hours without notifying me of his or her absence. (I'm sorry, but I do not check the V/LA thread. If you do not tell me to do so, neither will I check your signature.) If you are prodded, you will have 48 hours from the time of submission to post in thread. Failure to do so will result in replacement. Keep in mind that I have the board time down to the second. I will only prod the same player twice—after that, he or she must post every 72 hours to ensure that he or she remains in the game.
  14. The fastest and preferred way to get ahold of me is by PM'ing me, but you may also communicate to me in thread if it is day or twilight and you are still alive. To do so, bold "Mod:" followed by what you want to tell me, as in
    Mod: Please prod StrangerCoug
    or
    Mod: StrangerCoug should have five votes, not four.
    Please use your judgment call in whether or not what you want to tell me should be public knowledge before talking to me in the thread. In additon, I will not entertain questions regarding possible night actions, nor will I answer questions about a person's role unless you happen to be the person in question and you ask me privately.
  15. Pretending to break the rules and/or encouraging people to break the rules are themselves breaking the rules. Please don't violate the integrity of the game.
  16. Rule violations will be dealt with case by case based on severity. This can be a warning (of which I will only give two per player), ejection from the game, or even a modkill. Modkills are not a fun experience for anybody—the players affected automatically lose, I do it in the manner that I consider most harmful to their factions, and I die on the inside every time I have to do it.
    PLEASE
    save all of us the pain and be on your best, rule-abiding behavior.
  17. I am not God. If I make any mistakes whatsoever, please let me know.
  18. All rules are subject to change. In my previously modded games, things have come up that I didn't think about, and both my own and other's actions in those games have helped shape and modify these rules. It may happen again here.
  19. The most important rule of all, saved for last for what I think is a very good reason:
    HAVE FUN!
    Enjoy! And good luck!

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

All roles are out. You have (expired on 2012-08-20 19:19:21) from the time you loaded this page to confirm.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

GO!

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2012-09-09 10:13:01).

ewo2
ewo2
Townie
ewo2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:43 am

Post by ewo2 »

Howdy everybody! Let's get this started with some random voting, shall we?

VOTE: MissMaggot

Because gross.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 4, ewo2 wrote:Howdy everybody! Let's get this started with some random voting, shall we?

Hello to you as well. I shall join in with a random vote

VOTE: Wiibox3
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:04 am

Post by Nekoko »

Hi everyone! This is my third game in the forums and ever since my first game here,
I became fond of the Random Questioning Stage. It is a way for people to talk more
about substantial things than voting people randomly. So here goes...

1. What made you decide to join Mafiascum?
2. Do you have any experience in playing the game? As Mafia?
3. How do you react to people attacking you?

Here is my personal answer

1. I joined last April because I was very intrigued on how people play here. I already know this site as I visit
its wiki page each time I was playing mafia in another site. As I saw the games here, I was really impressed
on the level of the intensity they are playing. So now I joined to hone my mafia skills by playing with you guys.

2. I have both experience (in real-life and online). However most of my in-game experience was on another site.
It's not at the same level as this site. From where I came from, they're very much attached to the cop or some
power role and they always like to play closed theme games. As I said a while ago, this is still my third game.
I already finished two of my games but the second one is still unfinished so I cannot comment on that game.
However feel free to check and ask anything from my first game.

3. When people attack me, I first would like to analyze the person who attacked me. I would try to
go deeper and find what's his motive or check the timing of his accusation. If it is with merit, I will
try to clear things up. If I found him to be suspicious, I will probably fight back.

I hope everyone answers my questions and asks more questions to keep the discussion
on-going.

And since I don't go for no-lynches, I will always try to vote the most suspicious player.
Since the day is still young, here is the random vote

VOTE: Paschendale
Show
Last Game Played and Finished:

Newbie 1365 - 2of4 - As Town Cop
Open 487 - Hard Boiled - As Vanilla Townie
Open 485 - Polygamist Mafia - As Mafia Lover
Newbie 1315 - As Mafia Role Cop
Record (Wins-Losses-Draw-Other):

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:05 am

Post by Nekoko »

For some reason Paschendale reminds me of
classical game so that's why I voted you :P
Show

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:05 am

Post by Nekoko »

I meant classical music :P
Show

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:55 am

Post by nhammen »

Hello, I am the IC for this game. This is the first time I have ever been an IC, but I hope to teach you all the basics of the way we play the game of Mafia on this site. For those of you who have played this game on other sites, you may have noticed the 21 day deadline for Day 1. On this site we tend to have much longer day phases than on other sites. We are more focused on logical arguments and such than other sites tend to be.

For those of you who are new here, you should check out this site's wiki. It explains many things that you may need to know. If you have any other questions, or want clarifications on anything, or want to know the meaning of any acronym you see, all you have to do is ask me.

There are a few mistakes I often see newer players make, and so I would like to point them out to you ahead of time so that you do not make these mistakes.
  1. Do not hammer a player without giving that player a chance to claim.
  2. Do not hammer yourself as town. All this does is remove a player that you know to be town from the game. In fact, it is almost always a bad idea to vote for yourself at all. There should be no reasons to do this in a newbie game.
  3. Do not lie about your role. Although you may think tricking the scum is a good idea, you are also tricking the rest of the town, and this will almost always hurt the town more than it hurts the scum, if it even hurts the scum at all.

It is also a good idea to let the town know if you cast the L-1 vote on any player, so that hammers do not accidentally occur.
MissMaggot
MissMaggot
Goon
MissMaggot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:10 am

Post by MissMaggot »

Vote: Wiibox3

I told you that vote would carry over into every game you ever play for the rest of forever. xP

I'm skipping entry questions, as the IC in my last game made it quite clear that it is harmful at worst and useless at best.
Awareness is the enemy of sanity
For once you hear the screaming
It never stops
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:19 am

Post by nhammen »

The start of any game is characterized by a lack of information for the town. Because of this lack of information, you may be tempted to not vote. However, this just means that you will still have a lack of information. At this stage of the game, the town's behavior should be focused on finding information. However, any behavior (other than not voting) that town makes has some inherent randomness to it, due to this lack of information. This is why we end up with random votes or random questions. However, there are ways to gain information faster. This thread describes some of the theory behind this, for those that want to know more. The main point is that, even while random voting, members of the town should always be thinking about how their actions can A) determine who is scum and who is not, and B) get more information for the town, so as to move the game out of RVS faster.

On that note:
VOTE: MissMaggot
I believe that a small early wagon is a good way to A) get a reaction that will help to determine an alignment and B) generate discussion to move us out of the RVS.

In post 6, Nekoko wrote:Hi everyone! This is my third game in the forums and ever since my first game here,
I became fond of the Random Questioning Stage. It is a way for people to talk more
about substantial things than voting people randomly. So here goes...

Although random questions can work to move the game out of RVS, they are usually done in a way that does not actually achieve anything. For random questions to move the game out of RVS, the questions have to be questions that players might answer differently based upon their alignment. Otherwise, everyone will just answer the questions, and then once that is done, you end up back where you started with no information. These questions seem to be ones that players will answer the same way independently of alignment, so this wouldn't really help to move the game along. An example of random questions that might help to move the game along are:
  • Cheery Dog, did you intentionally choose to place your random vote on a player that had no votes, rather than MissMaggot, who did have a vote on her? If so, why?
  • Nekoko, were you paying attention to the other votes that had been laid down when you made your random vote?
  • Nekoko, why did you feel the need to create a second post to explain your random vote?

However, to answer your questions:
  1. I joined 3 years ago, so my memory isn't clear on the reasons. I think it was because I had seen the game on another forum (xkcd?) and then decided to join a site dedicated to the game.
  2. Yes, I have played about 20 or 30 game on this site. If you want to see details, they are in the wiki-link you can see below my avatar.
  3. That depends on whether I feel the attacks are valid or not. In general I tend to defend myself well, but if I feel I am being attacked irrationally, or if my defenses are not being listened to, I tend to get very frustrated.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 am

Post by nhammen »

In post 10, MissMaggot wrote:
Vote: Wiibox3

I told you that vote would carry over into every game you ever play for the rest of forever. xP

I'm skipping entry questions, as the IC in my last game made it quite clear that it is harmful at worst and useless at best.

This post was written while I was writing that large post of mine, and I chose not to respond to it in that post. Note, I still like my vote to be on MissMaggot, even though there is another player with two votes now, because I am hoping that this will generate two competing wagons that will help to determine who is scum in later days. However, I did think about changing that vote to be a vote on Wii, before deciding not to.

Also, yes, entry questions do tend to have no effect, as I explained in my previous post. But that is not necessarily due to the fact that questions in general are bad, but more due to the fact that the specific questions that are usually asked are almost always bad. Also, the theory on the subject of random questions is not universally agreed upon. Just for curiosity's sake, I would like a link to this previous game you mention, so that I can see his arguments against random questions.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:25 am

Post by nhammen »

Also, MissMaggot, when you made your vote on Wii, did you notice that there was already a vote on him? If so, did this factor into your decision to make your random vote on him?
MissMaggot
MissMaggot
Goon
MissMaggot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 am

Post by MissMaggot »

I saw it, but I've been planning that vote on Wii since I knew he was going to be inthe same game as me. xD A little joke from our last game. I like that you followed up on why you voted me instead of adding on to Wii if you were trying to start a wagon. I was actually just about to ask you that before I scrolled down.

Here's the game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22736
It never stops
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:12 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 6, Nekoko wrote:

1. I joined because after I failed to setup a game well (extremely broken) on another site, I was linked to the wiki, as I have been enjoying my games on this other site, I felt that a site solely for mafia games would be interesting to join. So far I'm enjoying the experience.
2. I have one completed game here, and a multitude on another site. I've also played in two IRL games (which so happened that I was a chosen to be a lover both times, on both sides of the alignment)
In post 11, nhammen wrote:
  • Cheery Dog, did you intentionally choose to place your random vote on a player that had no votes, rather than MissMaggot, who did have a vote on her? If so, why?

I didn't feel it was necessary to give a wagon a second vote before the person concerned had even posted, so I decided to allow someone else the 2nd vote of the game.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Wiibox3
Wiibox3
Townie
Wiibox3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Wiibox3 »

VOTE: Vote: Nekoko

Hello. Checking in from the Roman market. I see leaches are on sale today. Hi MM, I would be shocked if you didn't vote for me.

1. I played a game on another site, they were all very experienced and they kept refering me back to the wiki here, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

2. Yes and yes. One game here as a power role, one game as mafia on another site, and also a game as a priest on that other site in a ghostbusters themed game.

3. Not always the best, I guess defencive. I tried just not answering last game, but that lead to me reveiling my role on day one to avoid lynching, so I have to keep working on my technique.
MissMaggot
MissMaggot
Goon
MissMaggot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by MissMaggot »

Hehe. Good times. <3

And by good, I mean that I was about ready to smash my keyboard in frustration. >.>;; Don't you ever do that to me again.

Anyway, Wii, we've got two wagons going here. Obviously one of them is you, so you shouldn't pick that, but what influenced you to opt out of voting me in favor of Nekoko?
It never stops
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Nekoko »

In post 11, nhammen wrote:Although random questions can work to move the game out of RVS, they are usually done in a way that does not actually achieve anything. For random questions to move the game out of RVS, the questions have to be questions that players might answer differently based upon their alignment. Otherwise, everyone will just answer the questions, and then once that is done, you end up back where you started with no information. These questions seem to be ones that players will answer the same way independently of alignment, so this wouldn't really help to move the game along. An example of random questions that might help to move the game along are:

I'm kind of new to this thing and I just copied the questions people asked before in my first few games but thanks for the advice

I think the 3rd question helped us in the 1st game as one of the mafia members said he ignores it and
so it became one of the topics of discussion in the succeeding days when he was eventually grilled.

In post 11, nhammen wrote:1. Nekoko, were you paying attention to the other votes that had been laid down when you made your random vote?
2. Nekoko, why did you feel the need to create a second post to explain your random vote?

1. Yeah and they're random (somewhat as some people's names stick to your head)
2. I don't really know. For some reason Paschendale reminds me of Pachelbel so I picked him.
Then I saw I didn't put any reason to my random vote so I said to myself what the heck
I'll also post the reason just like ewo2.
Show

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by Nekoko »

The 2nd question is also essential so that we will know who
really have no experience whatsoever in the game
Show

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Nekoko »

In post 12, nhammen wrote:Note, I still like my vote to be on MissMaggot, even though there is another player with two votes now, because I am hoping that this will generate two competing wagons that will help to determine who is scum in later days. However, I did think about changing that vote to be a vote on Wii, before deciding not to.

Isn't it a bit too early to generate two competing wagons?
Show

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0
MissMaggot
MissMaggot
Goon
MissMaggot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by MissMaggot »

In post 20, Nekoko wrote:
In post 12, nhammen wrote:Note, I still like my vote to be on MissMaggot, even though there is another player with two votes now, because I am hoping that this will generate two competing wagons that will help to determine who is scum in later days. However, I did think about changing that vote to be a vote on Wii, before deciding not to.

Isn't it a bit too early to generate two competing wagons?

Not at all. Even while one of the wagons is myself, it'll help to see who goes where. It might seem trivial at the time, but things like this will help us immensely later. This alone probably won't be a deciding factor in anything, but it helps when you start adding things up towards the endgame The more information we have, the better.
It never stops
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Sorry I'm late checking in. It's been a very busy weekend. Not seeing merit in the Wiibox wagon. Actually, I find this very interesting.

In post 20, Nekoko wrote:Isn't it a bit too early to generate two competing wagons?

Why would town want to stop a wagon from forming? Competing wagons early on? That's a great source of information. Could this be a scum who wants to make sure a town lynch goes through? I think it's one of the more suspicious posts so far.

Vote: Nekoko
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 22, Paschendale wrote: Not seeing merit in the Wiibox wagon.

Does that mean you see merit in the MissMaggot wagon?
Both of them are filled with random votes, and none of the votes have valid reasoning, so why do you only not see merit in one of them?
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:18 am

Post by Nekoko »

In post 22, Paschendale wrote:Sorry I'm late checking in. It's been a very busy weekend. Not seeing merit in the Wiibox wagon. Actually, I find this very interesting.

In post 20, Nekoko wrote:Isn't it a bit too early to generate two competing wagons?

Why would town want to stop a wagon from forming? Competing wagons early on? That's a great source of information. Could this be a scum who wants to make sure a town lynch goes through? I think it's one of the more suspicious posts so far.

Vote: Nekoko

Could this be an OMGUS disguised post :|

The important word here is early. Your post is interesting too.
Show

Town - 3-1-0-0
Scum - 2-2-0-0
Others - 0-0-0-0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”