Newbie 1368: Title Pending

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 10, Syryana wrote:A word to the newbies: sheeping the IC is a great idea.

VOTE: Syryana
Vote: Ravenpaw

Because Ravens don't have paws... He (or she?) is obviously hiding something!
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Wed May 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ebwodp: VOTE: Ravenpaw Forgot the bold. :p
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu May 02, 2013 12:52 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Still haven't posted yet:

numberfour
archetype
shaboostein

I'll be moving my vote to one of the above three if none of them respond by the 24 hour mark.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Not posting IS scummy. That said, if someone comes out and says, "Hey guys, I'm ACTUALLY town, but I just figured, why don't we mass claim all the power roles so we can coordinate during the night chat? :)"... Then I reserve the right to swing my vote over to them.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Not posting IS scummy. That said, if someone comes out and says, "Hey guys, I'm ACTUALLY town, but I just figured, why don't we mass claim all the power roles so we can coordinate during the night chat? :)"... Then I reserve the right to swing my vote over to them.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:03 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Herpaderp, sorry bout the double post.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:36 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Actively or non-actively lurking, neither help the town. And sure, they will be prodded, poked etc, but I assume this first day will last more than 24 hours. Of course, some of us are probably more eager to play the game than others. Still, I would rather use my vote to convince lurked to post, or to show those who are absent that they need to get in here.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Numberfour, technically we don't have to lynch, but its better for us to lynch because otherwise we give the mafia a "free" kill. Also, you're off my list. :D
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #8) » Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 37, numberfour wrote: That doesn't make any sense. There's nothing for the town to go off of and if we mislynch that's two townies dead at the start of day 2 giving the mafia a free kill anyway.
Are you talking about real days or game days? The game day doesn't end until we lynch (barring modkills or other non-normal stuff.) Obviously we won't all just agree to lynch a random person; hence the reason why someone up there unvoted (because Syr was already at L-1 or L-2).
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #9) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

You know we are eventually going to have to lynch right? If we don't lynch the first day, then we are one person down, and we have no way to reliably look at info for the first day and analyze based on scum/townie flip. So we would be back to square one. How a person votes for a lynch is probably the most important information to review. Or we could just all talk about sports and the weather until the mafia picks us all off one by one.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #10) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:25 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 41, numberfour wrote:So you'd rather take a mislynch and be two townies dead? I'm starting to FOS you for trying to push a lynch when it could clearly ruin the game for the town.
And what happens if don't read any tells/slips on the 2nd day, or the 3rd day? Just keep "no lynching" and lose more numbers? With no vote trail to try to analyze? Without the threat of lynching, what's to keep scum on their toes?

I'm wondering why you feel so sure about a mislynch the first day.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #11) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 43, numberfour wrote: You're not even scum hunting, you're suggesting a random lynch. Of course I believe we should lynch eventually, but there's
nothing
to go on here. The probability of a mislynch from a random lynch is very high, and in the event of a mislynch we lose two townies by the start of day 2.
In post 43, numberfour wrote:I honestly believe you're scum because it makes no logistical sense to RL.
Do you not see how you just contradicted yourself there? You just argued we would have
nothing
(your bolding)to go on for a Day 1 lynch, then proceed to say you think I'm scum. So are you calling me scum because of nothing?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #12) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:21 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

So you're only going to vote when you KNOW someone is scum? I mean, I'm pretty sure none of us can lynch a person by ourselves. If you think I'm scum, you should vote for me. If other people think I am scum too, they should vote, and put pressure on me to prove I'm town.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #13) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Grimgroove is quite correct in his assessment of what list I was talking about. Thanks for saving me the trouble of explaining. :)

That said UNVOTE: , VOTE: Archetype.

It's likely that he will be prodded anyways, but I haven't read enough from others to get any strong townie/scum reads.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #14) » Fri May 03, 2013 12:26 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Numberfour, no one supported a random lynch in the first place.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #15) » Fri May 03, 2013 2:06 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Numberfour, what do you mean by "random"? Do you mean without a power role using his ability during the night?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #16) » Fri May 03, 2013 4:26 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 66, numberfour wrote:
In post 64, LnGrrrR wrote:Numberfour, what do you mean by "random"? Do you mean without a power role using his ability during the night?
I mean anything you guys are basing your lynch votes off of that isn't scum hunting or slips is a random lynch.
The first round of votes is just the "RVS" or random vote stage. It's mainly just for funsies. No one is expected to actually run up enough votes to lynch during that stage. That said, I think we are firmly OUT of the stage by now so random votes would look a bit weird now.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #17) » Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 24, Ravenpaw wrote: Nah, never played with Rach so I can't help you there. The only person I'm familiar with on this player list is Candillian, who I found very easy to read as town.
What made him easy to read as town?

I thought this was interesting:
In post 36, LnGrrrR wrote:Numberfour, technically we don't have to lynch, but its better for us to lynch because otherwise we give the mafia a "free" kill. Also, you're off my list. :D
In post 52, RachMarie wrote:Not quite willing to give Four a free pass, but I will need to see more before I suspect him too much... in my experience some of the other sites train peeps to push for NL because they tend to be PR heavy games and much faster games as well, so usually when I see someone pushing for a NL on D1, it is because they came from one of those sites.

That being said, we will have a lynch on D 1...
In post 53, Syryana wrote:We will indeed have a lynch D1.

VOTE: LnGrrR

I don't like people that give other people free passes over something so silly as "I want a no-lynch D1"
Now it could have just been that Syr mixed up who said what, but I find it interesting that Syr not only misrepped me (unintentionally) on the "list" comment but also she tried to make it sound like I had made the "free pass" comment.

And sure Arche, you get your one free RVS vote. And now that you're here:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shabbostein... The last person yet to comment, I believe.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #18) » Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 74, Ravenpaw wrote:
In post 73, LnGrrrR wrote:
And sure Arche, you get your one free RVS vote. And now that you're here:
Hmm, I must have missed this. Where does it say in the rules that RVS is only one vote?
Someone's being slightly too literal. There's no "rule", but if Archie is going to read over the entire thread, then just randomly choose a person, that's anti-town behavior. "Random" votes don't really help; we should be using our votes with some forethought.

UNVOTE: Once Shabbo and Arch have put down their thoughts, I'll post up a Scum/Townie list. Anyone else can feel free to do the same.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #19) » Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 79, Ravenpaw wrote: It's hard not to be seen as anything but literal when we just have text to rely on.

And random votes do help for reactions.
Do you feel Archies' RV was anti-town behaviour?
I don't think it was anti-town because it was his first post, and he was likely just picking a name out of a hat. We will see when he rereads the thread and makes comments. I feel that random votes, after a player has actually got involved, don't do much for the town. If we are 10 pages in and someone votes a person with no reason why ("I just felt like it!) then I would see that as either anti-town or scummy, depending on the situation.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #20) » Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Still waiting on Arche and Shabbo to post their analysis. This thread is a lot quoted than it should be.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #21) » Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

EBWODP: Er, I meant quieter, not quoted. Damn you autocorrect!!!!
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #22) » Sun May 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Syryana, would you say that OMGUS is a scumtell, or more of a nulltell?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #23) » Sun May 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, any reason in particular I'm giving you scumvibes? Or just a "feeling"?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #24) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

@mod, can we get some prods/pokes?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #25) » Tue May 07, 2013 12:44 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok, so I haven't really seen a lot to post on lately that someone else hasn't covered, but here's my current town/scum list, with town at the top and scum at the bottom.

TOWN
Me
Grimgroove (good analysis, active posting)
Ravenpaw (calling people out, asking for analysis)

Rachmarie (quiet, but none of her posts are giving me a scumvibe)
Syrana (votes have been jumpy, but definitely not lurking and responding well)

Numberfour (the whole random lynch thing was bizarre, but I'm not sure if its necessarily scummy)
Candillan (not a lot of scumhunting questions, but decent activity/answers lately)

Archetype (not doing anything but the bare minimum)
Shabbostein (not doing anything but the bare minimum)
SCUM

Hopefully we can get some play from the two missing people. I honestly don't have any strong scum vibes yet, but it might be because Arche and/or Shabbo are scum. I don't feel very strong on any current scum vibe.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #26) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:56 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Maybe the title is "Title Pending" :D
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #27) » Wed May 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 141, Crandaja wrote:Okay after reading through the thread here are my reads thus far.

Leaning Town:
Grimgroove
numberfour

Although none of these people have commented very often I have felt good town vibes from them and have no suspicions as of yet.
numberfour certainly came out guns blazing but has been sticking to the shadows lately. Still I feel his points were legitimate and not scummy.
Do you feel that numberfours posts were legitimate, or his points? I.e do you agree with him about a no-lynch Day 1?

You stated that numberfour and grim haven't commented often. Could you give examples of posters who you feel are posting often?
In post 141, Crandaja wrote:NULL:

LnGrrrR
shaboostein
Syryana

These people haven't really convinced me either way. While LnGrrrR seemed town at first I'm not so sure anymore. His posts put on pressure but haven't really been answered. They were usually directed at Archtype (me now), Shaboostein, and numberfour who have all been lurking for the most part.
While Syryana seemed scum at first to me with his erratic voting patterns, He doesn't really seem scummy to me at this point. I can't really put a finger on why I just don't feel it anymore.
What questions did I ask in particular that you didn't feel were answered? Also, I find it interesting that you say you feel I'm leaning scum because I have questions that weren't answered, and then immediately point out that most of the people I was targeting were lurkers. Those two comments don't make sense to me. Could you go into further detail?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #28) » Wed May 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Fair enough Cran; there is a good amount of reading to catch up on. Thanks for the clarifications.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #29) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 117, RachMarie wrote:best right now to focus on those who are posting and are for sure in the game. I have seen too many times someone who posts one or two posts then flakes out, to assume they are scummy.

That being said, we SHOULD push on them more to post. Not posting is anti town as all get out especially this early on. However it is still a nullish tell because both town and scum lurk and both town and scum flake, and both town and scum replace out. So atm I have them as null need MORE.
Rach, gonna use this quote against you. Can you give us scum/town reads? I know you said you were an easy wagon, and you weren't super aggressive, but I hope you don't mind a little nudge to get some people talking.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #30) » Sat May 11, 2013 4:01 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Shabbo has been awfully quiet.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #31) » Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

It's not like anyone would hammer without a claim. That'd be instadeath tomorrow.
Also, this sounds kinda odd considering you were just asking for more votes on him...?

Your points on Shaboo were good, but I'm still not feeling good about your slot, Syryana.[/quote]

It could certainly happen by accident. What happens if I read the post on Shaboo and say, "Yeah Syryana is right!" Then vote without reading further down? Better safe than sorry, and I think it's a little strange you feel otherwise.

Also, I'm guessing you quoted the mod in this post because you were trying to look at vote totals to see who was on Shaboo's wagon.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #32) » Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

I can get on a Rach wagon, at least until she answers my questions from post 159, in which she also pretty much calls her own behavior scummy. Also, something about post 211 feels off to me. Rach hasn't pushed anyone this whole game except for that bit; why now?

Vote]RachMarie[/vote]

As far as Shabbo, I feel pretty much the same.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #33) » Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Blah!

VOTE: RachMarie

There :)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #34) » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 223, numberfour wrote:
In post 218, Ravenpaw wrote:
@Number4-
Why aren't you voting?
Because I didn't have enough information and I don't need any pressure. I'm comfortable with my vote. And I'm not being aloof, I have no idea what's going on so any amount of pressure isn't going to change that.
Vote: Crandaja
You say you don't know what's going on, and blind vote anyways.

But more incriminating, you say you don't need any pressure. I'm going to assume you meant you don't need to put any pressure on anyone, which doesn't come from a town mindset at all.

This post is extremely scummy, almost to the point where I would unvote and vote you if I wasn't extremely interested in Rach's answers.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #35) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Man, this game feels like its moving really slowly. That said, I'm fine with putting pressure on four, assuming you guys are willing to put pressure on the nearly non-existent Rach afterwards.

UNVOTE: Rach

VOTE: Numberfour
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #36) » Wed May 15, 2013 2:54 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Candy, just a note, another reason not to go to L-1 is to prevent Numberfour from "self-hammering" if he is scum, thereby preventing more vote analysis.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #37) » Wed May 15, 2013 2:55 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

That said, with this game going so slowly, if we get a self-hammer, so be it. But it's time for Numberfour to claim.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #38) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 252, Ravenpaw wrote:
In post 251, Crandaja wrote:It is about 11:15 PM on Wednesday at the time of this post and I intend to hammer numberfour in about 14 hours unless I see some activity or protest.
Unvote: Number4

No hammering without a claim.
Cran you may vote him now and put him back to L-1, but I'm going to wait for a claim before I hammer.
I understand your position Raven, but right now the game is stalled until Number claims. I'd rather not wait 3+ days for him to get in here and claim.

Also
@mod, is it time for another Rach prod?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #39) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 257, Ravenpaw wrote: Yeah I get that slow games suck but what if he's a PR? And if he never comes back then we'll get a replacement, so either way it's better to wait and see. In the meantime if Number4 is scum, there's still one other scum we can be hunting for while we wait for him.
The other scum is probably Rachel :p
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #40) » Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

God, we would've lost so bad. Though I think Candy and Raven's overt buddying would've caught up with them. :)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #41) » Fri May 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ebwodp: Blah, read that wrong, if Raven flipped first than Candy probably would have been somewhat cleared of suspicion.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”