Newbie 1454: Mafia Plain and Simple - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Hi I'm IV

Just did a super quick skim and stuff but

UNVOTE: gera

Gera is fucking town as far as I'm concerned

More coming later

If you have specific questions that you want me to focus my reading on let me know
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah gera is town lol

Rach is hard to read, I've seen her play like this as town and scum. I'm leaning town for now but I might change that at any point.

NJAC/Louis I'm definitely keep an eye on, playstyle looks dodgy in general.

Oh also OWC I'm keep a watch on. I think these are my two scumreads for now. I really didn't like OWC's first post where he just starts attacking stuff randomly.

Seb was null. Period. Anyone with a hard scumread or townread on Seb like wtf seriously are you psychic or just mental

He literally posted like 4 one-line things

Also TSO and pisskop are town

VOTE: NJAC
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:17 pm

In post 98, RachMarie wrote:Not liking Seb so far. If you compare his posts to those of Xay you can see there is a definite difference in play.

He can go in my scum pile.

VOTE: Seb
Ugh I just realized how terrible this post is

Like it's not even scummy it just doesn't flow logically at all
lol
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:45 am

Lol bbmolla you're funny

Everything looks like a legit thought process though so I'll just put you as town for now. Your read on me doesn't make a ton of sense after that flow of thought, but whatever i'll just take it as a gut feeling.
BBmolla wrote: wat
Accidental l-1 is scummy?
Lol why not you said it yourself that "accidental" L-1 can lead to lynches

Also I thought he said it wasn't accidental? Whatever
BBmolla wrote:Seb is probably scum. If not, then Louis probably is. That's just page 1.
Uh how did you figure this out

Lol also why assume OWC is town I'd probs say otherwise

K so my reads as of late:

Town: IV, gera, TSO, pisskop, bbmolla
Nullish: Rach, Xay
Scum: NJAC, OWC
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 pm

That's L-1 right? :D

I'm pretty sure I'm right about NJAC

Hopefully

OWC i could try really hard or bullshit a tangible, logical reason about why I fos you but I don't feel like doing either right now

I just think you're scum

Soz if I couldn't be more helpful

Oh and POE also isn't in your favor in my books
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Hold up two fucks please
In post 98, RachMarie wrote:Not liking Seb so far. If you compare his posts to those of Xay you can see there is a definite difference in play.

He can go in my scum pile.

VOTE: Seb
In post idr RachMarie wrote:Not enough yet from Seb/IV to be sure.
Lel what
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Rach I swear you confuse me more with every game I play with you

Anyway my reads literally have not changed except my townreads are stronger

Literally

Like BB is townkicking ass up over in here

Or he's just good idk or both

Hey BB weren't you that guy who made those EM videos on youtube? I lawl'd at like every single one of them
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:04 pm

btw im obvtown if you guys haven't noticed yet

like seriously

what kind of a scum plays like me
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Hm

gera/piss/Rach/TSO are all still looking town...

If it's not Xay/OWC team then I'm misreading someone

Which I probably am but I don't see which one I would be wrong on...

If anyone I'm possibly wrong on TSO, but I don't think so. Anyway let's go with Xay/OWC

VOTE: OWC
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:07 pm

In post 305, ObsessedWithCats wrote:I'm thinking both scum were likely on the wagon (a conclusion I reached mostly by PoE and from the weak reasons behind votes)
Total bullshit
In post 305, ObsessedWithCats wrote:I'm torn on pisskop especially because there was plenty of time to push further for a claim or look for more reads, and he didn't give any decent reasoning behind his vote, but his posts feel too unguarded to be scummy and a lot of his more dubious behaviour could easily be explained by newness.
On the contrary this actually makes sense and I totally agree. Still a null comment though
In post 300, RachMarie wrote:Had he claimed, yes we would have had time to find someone else, and based on the Matrix system, there was a chance for a doc along with a cop. It would have been the right thing to do to claim.
I can actually see rationale behind not claiming. He probably wasn't expecting a hammer, with the time left, so he would just claim later if he absolutely needed to. Plus if there was no doc then he's screwed because maf knows there's no doc due to setup.

I'm not saying it was optimal to not claim, but I see rationale. Anyway irrelevant because he's dead

BTW it seems like in general people townread Xay, anyone wanna fill me in on that? I don't see newbtown from his ISO. Easily could see newbscum. In fact kinda reminds me of Baezu from Newbie 1376 if anyone cares to read that.

Seriously, gera vs. piss looks like town v. town.

TSO looks legit especially with the townslip torn part with pisskop

Rach is being her usual confused town semi-annoyingly wifomy self as far as I can tell

Lol I just realized something

Scum would totally go for me

They totally would

It's like the natural thing to do when someone's lurking because most of the people in this game are so damn town

Lol
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 am

In post 330, RachMarie wrote:"Rach is being her usual confused town semi-annoyingly wifomy self as far as I can tell"

LOL IV when this game is over I may just sig that :P
lol of course
T S O wrote:IV, try Baezu-scum in Newbie 1443.

Nailed.
I literally don't understand your point

Was there one?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 am

BTW does anyone here actually see Rach as scum meta-wise
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:23 pm

In post 342, ObsessedWithCats wrote:IV is your case on me still just PoE? I don't see anything else in there besides you telling my
my
PoE was "bullshit".

Meta-wise this is non-indicative Rach. On anyone else her ISO'd look vaguely scummy but for her it was pretty much normal D1.
Yeah it basically is, plus just vibes in general. I'm too lazy to look up actual quotes where you look scummy I just get a weird feeling when I read your posts

Like they're a bit too methodical and calculated and meant for others but again maybe that's play style so not a huge scum tell

But like why do you care about my fos on you at all you've mentioned this multiple times yet I am not trying to convince a single person that you are scum all I am doing is stating an opinion

She lurks no matter what, I have only very slight tells to read her with this game due to inactivity.[/quote]

Now that I read back I was overreacting a bit but what I was referring to was that you didn't write out/explain your PoE; PoE is only a valid reason if you explain exactly what's being eliminated and exactly what remains from all possibilities.
T S O wrote: Well, to quote Dan Brown, "Seek and ye shall find."
Are you serious

No just tell me what your point is I'm not reading 20 pages to guess what you're referring to
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Whoops ignore line 4 of that above post that was just forgetting to delete part of the quote
ObsessedWithCats wrote:Meta-wise this is non-indicative Rach. On anyone else her ISO'd look vaguely scummy but for her it was pretty much normal D1.
Seems legit
pisskop wrote: It may be true, but sure convenient . . .
What does that even mean?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:24 am

pisskop wrote:Pretending you are tried and true villager, I suppose I can see how one might think the lurker/semiactive player would be targeted by scum.

But personally I dont think in a game with this few clear leads they would vote them. In fact, we seem to be in a permanent lull. The scum would want as many lurkers as possible. That quote ruffles me because not only is it implying anyone who challenges you is scum, but would be what a scum says while trying to pretend town.
Superficially it appears alright, but when I think about it more it appears manipulative. Its saying your defense is that your character is innocent because its too easy to peg.
This is hilarious

I'm dying over here

You're also so town it hurts
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:27 am

In post 335, Xayzeck wrote:i see nobody as scum and it's so frustrating why are you so good at this it's a newbie game come on give me a chance T-T
God I hate AtE I can't read newbies for shit these days
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:34 am

In post 335, Xayzeck wrote:IV, why the vote on OWC? because of how he entered the game? why OWC and myself? because we didn't vote? btw are you scum? i've got a gut feeling
Wait what hold on

I thought you "saw nobody as scum"

Now you have a "gut feeling" I'm scum

K

I'm starting to rethink my reads, but I still think OWC is scum. If I find a concrete case on him I'll push him but otherwise PoE along with his interactions with me is enough for my self-satisfaction. No not because you didn't vote that's not alignment indicative for shit, where did you even come up with that? "Oh shit neither of us voted, maybe that's why he's onto us?" Actually the fact that you asked me that question is sketchy, why do you need to be aware of OWC's voting history?

TBH if it weren't for that one AtE thing I'd have you both as scum with more definitiveness but meh. I mean you could still be scum that's just frustrated by how townie everyone is and that there's no one to push. IDK OWC looks good for now I'll look more at you later.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:12 pm

geraintm wrote:Villager - runs on a different level to. Me. Much too experienced, just posts and I think everyone is expected to get his thinking. I don't.
Can you quote which parts you don't understand?]

Lol people stopped posting come back

Someone push a case on me or something idk
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:11 pm

In post 356, RachMarie wrote:Since generally scum have one on and one off the wagon, let us start with the smaller pool, those off the wagon.
While I think you're right about Cats, I wouldn't be so hasty to conclude 1 on 1 off...

Although from my experience that actually is how D1 town-wagons tend to be
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:34 pm

In post 361, Xayzeck wrote:Because you thought that OWC and myself could be scum, I went a few pages back and looked for what you'd pick us two, and saw that the 2 of us were the only ones who didn't vote, so I brought it up thinking it could have been a deciding factor. But since you said it's not alignment indicative..then herpderp
Seriously this post is a bit alarming. I have a few things to say about this; hopefully it's coherent enough.

Why would you go through all of that work based on one fos from me that I'm not even trying to push

And moreover why would you try to deduce my reason when I explicitly did not say that

Like I obviously would've said that if I thought that was a major scumtell

I mean you could just be newb not knowing what to do but I still think you doing this is scummy.

Can someone back me up on this? Does this post not raise serious red flags? Maybe I really am going crazy and I should stop wasting my time with you as possible scum but like are you that paranoid of someone fosing you? Because you're townread by basically everyone else somehow
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Someone please explain to me why Xay is SPECIFICALLY newbtown and not newbmaf. Maybe you can help me understand. This is bothering me a bit.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:31 am

geraintm wrote:
In post 364, innocentvillager wrote:Someone please explain to me why Xay is SPECIFICALLY newbtown and not newbmaf. Maybe you can help me understand. This is bothering me a bit.
As I have been in the game from the start with xay, their actions, questions, behaviour just feel new, excited town. I have said, if they are scum they are a much, much better player than me.
New/excited are not alignment-indicative adjectives.
geraintm wrote:
In post 355, innocentvillager wrote:
geraintm wrote:Villager - runs on a different level to. Me. Much too experienced, just posts and I think everyone is expected to get his thinking. I don't.
Can you quote which parts you don't understand?]

Lol people stopped posting come back

Someone push a case on me or something idk
Ok,look at those last 2 sentences. The first one you laugh, but it needs some punctuation in there for it to actually make sense. It just reads like a stream on consciousness, no editing. All your sentences are like that, everyone is feel like I have to go through and be your editor to understand them. With effort I can, but it can be hard going when you have 10 like that in a row, and any I can't parse then I am in trouble.
Lol punctuation. Fine I'll put periods at the ends of sentences.

Do you edit your posts? I sure don't. Is stream-of-consciousness too difficult to read?

Although I think I see your point otherwise, I guess as a newbie I might find reading my current posts difficult to read.
geraintm wrote:Ok, Rach's thinking

She assumes 1-1 scum split
Me, xay and cats, giving a 1 in 3 chance of hitting scum

But, if she assumes she is town, she would hit a 1 in 3 chance of hitting scum too.

She also ignores that scum might have votes both on the wagon ( I think everyone in the village doesn't think that no scum were on the wagon). She would get better than the 1 in 3 chance of hitting scum if she bet on either 1 or 2 scum were on the wagon and bet that way.
She would get at worst odds of 1 in 3 betting between villager, Tso and pisskop, and potentially 2/3 chance.

I cannot see an experienced player getting these sums/odds so spectacularly wrong.

Can anyone else?
You're a newbie so I'll explain this as best as I can:

From what I understand, your claim in this post is that if she assumes 2 scum were on the wagon, she would have a much better chance of hitting scum versus assuming one on and one off.

Her assumption of 1 off and 1 on the wagon has absolutely nothing to do with odds of hitting scum. She's just saying that most D1 town-lynches are 1-on 1-off from experience, which I agree with completely. Obviously there is the case of 2 scum on, but she chose to ignore this because there is a much higher chance of 1-on 1-off. I don't agree that she should ignore 2 scum on for this reason solely, since if she is wrong her scumhunting will be incorrectly confbiased, but what I'm trying to say is that the "chance of hitting scum" has nothing to do with which of these two cases she thinks it is.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:47 am

geraintm wrote:ps: not that new
Lawl sorry I'm just a fucking dumbass why did I just assume you were new

Like the join date and the fact you're an SE
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 am

In post 370, geraintm wrote:my argument is that if it is one one split, then from her perspective there are three people who were off the wagon she could vote for. But also there are three people on the wagon she could vote for.
She just so happened to pick the one where there was no upside
I don't get how this is scum. Also what do you mean by "upside?"

Like I said it's not which case she "happened to pick", in fact I agree that generally the 1 off 1 on thing is true from my experience. But we can let Rach tell us that herself.
geraintm wrote:As I think it is likely there were 2 scum on the wagon (because it was a lousy lynch)
This logic doesn't make sense to me. Lousy lynches could easy have 1 on to reinforce the lynch and 1 off to get town cred by attacking the lynch or some similar motivation.
geraintm wrote:I think someone 'accidentally' looking off the wagon for scum
She wasn't 'accidentally' looking off the wagon for scum?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:53 am

Actually I think Rach's is a somewhat solid justification of her reasoning.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 pm

In post 356, RachMarie wrote:Since generally scum have one on and one off the wagon, let us start with the smaller pool, those off the wagon.
Oh fuck I never noticed this. Wtf? Both are sized 3. Did you just miss that Rach?
In post 379, ObsessedWithCats wrote:I think Geraint's argument is that since no one thinks both scum were off the lynch it makes sense as a group to go for someone on the lynch - that way everyone agrees we have at least a chance of hitting scum. I think that's a fair point, but I also accept that for the individuals who're convinced it's one-on-one-off thinking as individuals it still makes some sense to be looking off the wagon.
Wow you make a lot of fucking sense for a scum

And way to subtly maintain neutrality lol :P

I wish I could use this as a scumtell but that would be confbiasing like hell so I won't
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 pm

In post 377, T S O wrote:Was away all weekend, back and rereading. Catch-up promised.
T S O wrote:Rach please don't flake :(

Not sure I like geraint's backing off from pisskop.
Terrible comeback post.

Not only is this short but it's vague. Asking Rach not to flake and then disappointingly coming up with your own lacking comeback post? Also you've commented like nothing on what's happened in the last few pages and just made generalizations about the last couple posts since then. Is geraint backing off from pisskop inherently scummy, or is there something else about the way he did? If you can't explain it, at least tell us that it's instinct/vibes and not leave us guessing.

Also can you answer my question about Baezu in that game you stated with her? You never clarified what you were talking about.
T S O wrote:Last time: soft accusations help no-one.

If you think Xayzeck is scum...
Please tell me what this post means.
T S O wrote:If I get night killed, follow that and you'll win. No ducking out of it.
Xcept you aren't
T S O wrote:When you said our scumblocs and townblocs were opposite, I presumed you meant everything.

Apart from the hammer, why do you think pisskop? Articulate 3 bullet points.
Explain to me the concept of a scumbloc please?
RachMarie wrote:LOL no I was counting myself in the one on since I know that though I know I am town, that does not mean everyone knows it yet.

so was 4 in the on the wagon and 3 off.
Yeah but our perception of the wagons shouldn't be affecting YOUR analysis. YOUR analysis should be for you, not for us. I think I see geraint's point now, but whatever, I don't see this as a huge scum thing.
pisskop wrote:IV, can we get.some lists?
Did I not already tell you who I thought was scum?

But I'll do it again because that list has revised:

Town: geraint, pisskop, Rach
Null: Xay, TSO
Scum: OWC

In that order exactly.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:09 pm

pisskop wrote:IV = 4
Rach = 2
TSO = 3
OWC = 4
pisskop = 2
geraintm = 2
Xayzeck = 1
I'm an idiot explain this please
geraintm wrote:I like how you all think I am town because of how badly I am arguing btw :)
No
ObsessedWithCats wrote:the general way Xayzeck's been playing the game
Elaborate please
Xayzeck wrote:IV, I thought were reading me as newbscum, why am I null now? o_O
I never read you as newbscum. I just had my suspicions. I still do, but you're a lot more null to me than scum at this point. I'm willing to get OWC lynched first. The only reason it might have seemed like I was gunning for you as newbscum is because every single other person seemed to think you were like 100% town and no one explained it and I didn't really agree so yeah
Xayzeck wrote:Also like half of you think OWC is scum, could someone explain to me why that is? I'm aware of the probable 1on1off wagon thing that's happening, but why pick OWC from the off wagon list?
Actually for some reason the way you phrase this question gives me a newbtown vibe. Meh

Personally my fos on OWC has nothing to do with on or off the wagon. I agree with Rach that it is very likely that it is 1 off 1 on. I have a few other reasons for thinking OWC is scum, if you're interested:

-Scumvibes from his posts, his general attitude of trying to detract attention and maintain neutrality. Posts seem almost fabricated, too logical, and more for other people than himself.
-PoE
-342 raised alarms for me like I said in one of my posts, I was literally just saying he was scum but for some reason he got really annoyed by it
-I'm still a bit annoyed on his intro post. Coming in attacking everyone with the very first post is not a town mindset that I've generally observed; in fact, more often than not scum do this. I'm not sure if my psychological explanation is a valid justification for what I've experienced, but whatever the case my empirical data is the same.

Hey um

Does anyone want to tell me why they think I'm scum

Because to me I'm pretty fucking obvtown idk how you guys don't see this

Like I'm not just being hindsight biased or anything like literally this game more than any other I feel like I should be fairly distinctive town

OH I JUST REALIZED

I don't actually think pisskop's "townslip" was much of a townslip. I think he's town for probable other reasons (347), but the reason I don't think it's necessarily a townslip is that it could solely be due to terminology. Obviously he knows that this is called mafia; this whole site is called mafia and the title of this game is called mafia and people have been saying mafia this whole game so if he was in the habit of calling scum "wolves" then would one look at his role PM really change that habit necessarily? While it may be a marginal tell I don't think this alone is a true town-indicative comment. I wanted to pitch in my two cents to those of you who are fixated on the idea that pisskop is town for that one "townslip". Feel free to argue with me if you want.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (isolation #28) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:14 pm

ObsessedWithCats wrote:Yes I'm getting a bit miffed at your read on me; I can't understand where it's coming from.
Sure same here but I don't go around asking anyone that scumreads me first thing to tell me why when they mention it like once and they don't even back it up.

Also how do you STILL not understand my read? Just because you can make up a counter to every single one of my points against you doesn't mean you "don't understand" why I scumread you. You should at least "understand" where I'm getting my ideas from, even if you think it's flawed.
T S O wrote:It's pretty common. So I can't understand where your theory of 1/1 is coming from and I strongly disagree with it.
This is where the disconnect is. Rach and I have empirically seen a lot more 1 on 1 off than not, while you, thinking that you would do something very different, use a rationale explanation to counter this. Yes, the 1v1 thing has polarized this game to an extent, but I think this is an important discussion (not necessarily implying you don't think it is).
T S O wrote:but I dislike how you pass off my most recent posts as generalizations. They're not. Short and sweet is what they are.
Like I said, short and vague (not sweet). I wouldn't care if it was just a normal post because I obviously do that too, but that was literally your "catch-up" post that you promised a post earlier. Which didn't fulfill the whole purpose of a catch-up. On the other hand, your recent posts are much more content-based and would suffice as catch-up posts.
T S O wrote:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32198

The power of RVS tells.
All I see is you "catching" Baezu from a first-post scumslip that was barely a scum slip at all. Which has nothing to do with my opinion that Xay plays like newbscum-Baezu did in 1376 specifically, which was my original point. Can you provide a counter to my original point or not? If not idc.
ObsessedWithCats wrote:Point taken on pisskop's 'townslip' - I myself have to actively refrain from referring to the werewolves as 'scum' (it's just not a word we use) or 'mafia' over on the other site I play on, even in games where my role PM tells me I'm a werewolf.
THANK YOU, YOU UNDERSTAND AND I'M NOT GOING CRAZY

@TSO I'm really not sure what you're talking about when you're countering my point; I was talking about habit. Obviously he has a habit of calling scum/mafia wolves. Imagine if you went to another site that used wolves; even if you got a "Wolf" PM, that wouldn't stop you from automatically typing "scum" or "mafia".

I think I was going to say other stuff but I forgot so I'll just post this for now
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #29) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:58 pm

In post 419, T S O wrote:a) awkward bussing
b) buddying of partner with weak reasoning ("he seems town looking", for example)
c) a complete lack of interaction
I see all of these too, but none of this has ANYTHING to do with 1 scum on 1 scum off on a townie wagon. I don't see where you're going with this. Also I've played more than 15 newbies.

I can't explain why this game specifically is, I'm just saying in general from the games I've played when a townie is lynched d1 scum are usually 1 off 1 on, and I think that is likely this case here. Nothing else. I'm not discounting other possibilities which I think Rach is doing incorrectly.

Also just because you haven't seen me in games doesn't mean I'm not active.

I'm not saying you're wrong with this empirics thing, obviously each of our sample sizes are too small to determine whether it is "1-on 1-off" or not, but just saying.
T S O wrote:Let's take a look back in time.
You misunderstand me. I like some of your short posts, don't get me wrong. It was that one post after you said "I'll catch up in my next post" or whatever, that was a really sad comeback post. Nevertheless I don't think it's a big tell so I'm not too concerned.
T S O wrote:Remind me what we were talking about again? I've completely forgotten.
innocentvillager wrote:BTW it seems like in general people townread Xay, anyone wanna fill me in on that? I don't see newbtown from his ISO. Easily could see newbscum. In fact kinda reminds me of Baezu from Newbie 1376 if anyone cares to read that.
This was my initial introduction of this issue -- that Xay, who everyone saw as newbtown, plays similarily (in my opinion) to Baezu in specifically 1376 who flipped newbscum.
In post 332, T S O wrote:IV, try Baezu-scum in Newbie 1443.

Nailed.
You said this, which I don't think countered my original point. Then there was back and forth confusion posts, etc.

That's where we disagree - being inexperienced on this site, I think pisskop would remember,
In post 419, T S O wrote:If you got a role PM calling you "Town Vanilla-Flavoured Blueberry-Topped Villager" would you call yourself a Vanilla?

Right that's a terrible example, but take what I'm trying to explain out of it.
I still think you're ignoring the one thing here: habit. I'll try to answer your question first, then I want you to answer my previous question (as well as respond to my response), otherwise we're just going to stubbornly throw questions back and forth at each other with a shitton of bias and not get anywhere.

I'm not sure what you're implying here, but I'd instinctively call myself whatever I'm used to calling that alignment. So no. I wouldn't call myself a "Vanilla", especially if I'm not used to calling myself one. Personally I'm used to calling myself VT (specifically VT, not Vanilla or Vanilla Townie) because that's what I'm used to, regardless of what my role says. Also "Vanilla" is only part of the whole thing so I really don't get what you're saying? I really think that "wolf" is slip of habit, no matter how you think about it.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (isolation #30) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:02 pm

In post 420, innocentvillager wrote: I'm not saying you're wrong with this empirics thing, obviously each of our sample sizes are too small to determine whether it is "1-on 1-off" or not,
but just saying
Sorry, I couldn't think of how to end that sentence at the time, but I meant: so we can each reference our own experiences and have our own opinions from those experiences, without trying to shove them down everyone's throat. I just think it's likely; you can't prove me wrong, and I'm not trying to prove you wrong. Our opinions are what they are.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:14 am

Bleh people should post
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Xayzeck wrote:Yeah I keep forgetting my 3 day windows.

After that back and forth between IV and TSO I'm starting to think they're both town, which brings me back to "who the hell is scum". I'll read the more recent pages to find something. Everyone is looking town and it's frustrating.
lul
geraintm wrote:The last few days feel like some weird huge arguments between people over tiny tiny differences.
Nothing else to talk about really. But they weren't like trivial things either; they may have been minor issues, but they were still important to the game. Like the pisskop 'townslip' thing, for example, was pretty important.
ObsessedWithCats wrote:My first post was my try at scumhunting
While I was rereading 416 from geraint's reference, I stumbled upon this. This phrase is so weird. Maybe it's just me, but the "my try at scumhunting" part just does not intuitively sound right at all. It's like "his try to look like he's contributing". OWC is fairly experienced; I could imagine a newbtown saying this but not experienced town. I can't wrap my head logically around why this phrase seems like a scum-mindset, but to me it seems like a post that seems subconsciously afraid to come off as aggressive.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:32 pm

lol
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #34) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Merry Christmas y'all

Let's just lynch OWC k
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:39 pm

You

But if it's not you then I'd lean Xay or possibly Rach.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 pm

GUYS LETS AVOID A NL

PLZ PUT THE L-1 VOTE ON CATS

THEN ASK FOR CLAIM

THEN HAMMER
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 am

Well OWC you know the drill

Don't keep us waiting or you'll get hammered just like NJAC
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:35 am

That's such a scummy thing to say. You want to wait until the last possible minute to claim so you can throw town into disarray with some probably bullshit PR claim rather than give us time to think so we don't just shift the wagon onto someone. You're obviously getting lynched so you might as well just claim right now. Yes 1 day is pretty damn close to deadline.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:29 pm

In post 458, geraintm wrote:Yeah, a push for a claim was going to do no good.
I repeat, I will not vote for cats
Lawl

Who would you rather lynch in the next 18 hours?

It's good that he claimed early, so at least we have a tiny bit of time to discuss shit and possibly reverse. But since no one's really changed their votes much I guess OWC is the lynch for the day.

Ugh. Lynching OWC almost seems too easy. Maybe that's just his AtE getting to me though...

Anyway someone needs to hammer BEFORE deadline, because no lynch is horribly bad for town unless by some miracle there exists doc and doc somehow saves

So basically we can't no lynch
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:30 pm

In post 455, ObsessedWithCats wrote:Y'know the only two possible claims I could make were doc and VT, you didn't need to wait for me to claim to think through the possible useful reactions to those. I'm kinda wishing I'd waited for a second opinion now :/
No but like seriously wtf were you expecting? A random reverse lynch while you're at L-1 and less than a day left to vote? Without you claiming VT? -_-
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:23 am

Goddammit

I really hope you're just AtE scumshitting
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (isolation #42) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:57 am

Yeah it's actually kind of a town thing to do because it ensures we don't go to NL :/

I just hope he's AtE scumshitting
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (isolation #43) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:03 am

@geraint and pisskop

Like I said, NL is usually worse than lynching a townie, so when near deadline, townies will sometimes selfvote instead of trying to go down fighting to overall help their faction by avoiding a NL.

If that helps

Scum might also do it too just for lulz because he knew he was dying anyway/AtE stuff, but it's less likely :/ we'll see. If OWC isn't scum idk who is because I'm seriously misreading people then.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:05 am

lol nice

I should've pushed more for TSO. Damn. He started giving me scummy vibes d2 especially...

Pisskop I probably only would've lynched if it got to the point of lylo. Heh..

Anyway nice job

Lol I hate how scummy Rach appears sometimes especially when she's town :P

What was the motivation behind killing me?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:44 am

:(