Newbie 1544 - Shakespeare Mafia: GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #54 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 31, House wrote:Hi all!

VOTE: aphix

You sure are digging in your heels on an RVS vote, and the deliberate misrep means more coming from an SE than if it had simply been a newbie.

Serious vote is serious. RVS over.

Aphix is undoubtedly my strongest town read for his attempts to get the game started. I don't think the misrep had any scum motivation behind it: he was bored because the game was going slowly, and so he pressured Klingon to get a reaction out of him and jumped the gun too hard when looking for contradictions.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #55 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 43, House wrote:
In post 42, Shinobi wrote:It doesn't matter if RVS has a purpose or not. You can totes question someone on their RVS.

I don't get why you're classifying my arguments as "white knighting" when I'm just trying to understand where this argument is coming from. It really doesn't feel all that important.

Funny, voting someone for acting scummy isn't all that important... but giving a player the third degree for casting a random vote on somebody that hasn't even posted yet (
and thus having no interaction to analyze
) is somehow justifiable?

Moonlogic.

It seems justifiable to me. The game hadn't started, aphix isn't sure how to get the game started, aphix is overaggressive, not to mention that I've never regarded overly aggressive questioning as a bad thing.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 44, House wrote:Shinobi or aphix, I want to hear from one of you an explanation on how a player can suspect someone of being scum that hasn't even posted.

I refuse to address either of you until one of you explains this sort of strategy.

The only legitimate reasons to have a serious suspicion on a player who hasn't posted are 1) night info, or 2) town reads on the rest of the playerlist. Since these are both illegitimate at this point in the game, I find it pretty reasonable for aphix to call someone out when he sees them with a scumread on a non posting player. Sure, he interpreted it incorrectly, but I don't see strong reasoning for scum to misrep town on page 2 of a game: it's not like he's getting a mislynch out of it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That's a fair scumread.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 62, Shinobi wrote:I actually find it incredibly odd that Nacho did the exact same thing that I just did but says the scumread on me is fine.

It's not like I have a scumread on you for it, I just don't have a town read on you for it. Why is that suspicious?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 59, House wrote:
In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 43, House wrote:
In post 42, Shinobi wrote:It doesn't matter if RVS has a purpose or not. You can totes question someone on their RVS.

I don't get why you're classifying my arguments as "white knighting" when I'm just trying to understand where this argument is coming from. It really doesn't feel all that important.

Funny, voting someone for acting scummy isn't all that important... but giving a player the third degree for casting a random vote on somebody that hasn't even posted yet (
and thus having no interaction to analyze
) is somehow justifiable?

Moonlogic.

It seems justifiable to me. The game hadn't started, aphix isn't sure how to get the game started, aphix is overaggressive, not to mention that I've never regarded overly aggressive questioning as a bad thing.

Aggressive and logical is good, but twisting a person's words to pressure them is b/s.

Then why do you have a town read on him?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 66, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 57, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 44, House wrote:Shinobi or aphix, I want to hear from one of you an explanation on how a player can suspect someone of being scum that hasn't even posted.

I refuse to address either of you until one of you explains this sort of strategy.

The only legitimate reasons to have a serious suspicion on a player who hasn't posted are 1) night info, or 2) town reads on the rest of the playerlist. Since these are both illegitimate at this point in the game, I find it pretty reasonable for aphix to call someone out when he sees them with a scumread on a non posting player. Sure, he interpreted it incorrectly, but I don't see strong reasoning for scum to misrep town on page 2 of a game: it's not like he's getting a mislynch out of it.

Umm, letmethinkaboutitno.

He flipped out over my RVSing an IC. He didn't say shit about you being a lurker. Nor did I.

You two are terrible as Scum.

House stated that Aphix bringing up the possibility of you thinking I was scum didn't make sense because you would have no legitimate reason to suspect someone who hadn't posted. I agreed there was no legitimate reason to suspect someone who hadn't posted, then pointed out that would actually be a pretty solid reason to question someone.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #197 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 70, Klingoncelt wrote:Aphix post 16: "Klingon: Why the IC vote? Classic newbie scum move there."

Aphix post 23: "Still doesn't explain to me why the IC?"

Where in those quotes does anyone see the word "lurker?"

Nowhere, that's where.

I never said anything about Nacho lurking.

Someone's lying about my RVS vote.

Which is now a serious vote.

I am not saying that you accused me of lurking. I have never said that.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #198 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 105, Jagged Appliance wrote:
In post 15, aphix wrote:Jagged App: You have a few games under your belt. How do you imagine getting a game rolling goes? What's your opening game plan?

I haven't learned much about starting games, I've only been in one game from the start so far. A game gets going once someone throws down a serious vote IMO.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Klingon

I think aphix was pushing to get the game off the ground and Klingon's response is poor enough to warrant more pressure. Her OMGUS looks quite bad to me, plenty of hyperbole in her responses, maybe newbscum.

Has hephaestus posted yet?

You could check pretty easily, looking to deflect some attention?

@Aphix,
Shinobi I agree with you that the nacho entrance feels off. I don't necessarily see it coming from a scum perspective but we'll see.

I'd like this elaborated on.

The OMGUS and hyperbole both seem fairly town to me. Why do you think a scum player would put themselves in a position like that?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #199 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Evil, House is town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #200 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I have town reads on Aphix, Klingon, and House. I've found on both sides of the Klingon/Aphix exchange there is a good degree of passion and genuine scumhunting that I seriously doubt is deliberate emotional manipulation from scum. House I think has provided the best lead of the game and has displayed similar passion: I don't like that shinobi came into the game, defended Aphix a little bit, then did absolutely nothing.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #201 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Actually, not fair, his later posting is good.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #203 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 79, Shinobi wrote:
In post 67, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 62, Shinobi wrote:I actually find it incredibly odd that Nacho did the exact same thing that I just did but says the scumread on me is fine.

It's not like I have a scumread on you for it, I just don't have a town read on you for it. Why is that suspicious?

I think it's suspicious because it looked like you were promoting his scumread on me without passing proper judgement on it yourself. You kept your own perspective out of his thought process (IE that his scumread logic applied to you too) in yet you thought it was okay to tell him that he could push it.

It's a really strange way to interact with someone.

I commented it on the time because I didn't really have any scumreads at the time and I was sort of thinking aloud for possibilities of where I wanted to go. I didn't refute his logic because I didn't want to interrupt his push since I thought it was going in a decent place.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #204 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 202, House wrote:
In post 200, Nachomamma8 wrote:I have town reads on Aphix, Klingon, and House. I've found on both sides of the Klingon/Aphix exchange there is a good degree of passion and genuine scumhunting that I seriously doubt is deliberate emotional manipulation from scum. House I think has provided the best lead of the game and has displayed similar passion: I don't like that shinobi came into the game, defended Aphix a little bit, then did absolutely nothing.

Interesting post. If you agree with my read, why aren't you voting for Shinobi?

I wanted to read back through his posts to see if I was remembering them correctly. I wasn't remembering them correctly.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #205 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

WBO, why do you think shinobi is scum?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #255 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 210, Evil Regals wrote:That's probably due to Nacho's time restraints making his playstyle different,

No, this is a playstyle that I have that exists: this is Nacho playing a support role. It happens sometimes.

In post 212, Evil Regals wrote:There's a lack of conviction in his posts IMO. He's not really pushing anyone, I'm used to him being aggressive about his reads and i feel that it's lacking here.

I'm not pushing anyone because I don't have significant scumreads and I see no point in forcing it when we have plenty and plenty of time. What motivation do you think I have to not vote as scum? Do you think I'm suddenly afraid to step on someone's toes, or...?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #361 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hey cats, I don't have work tomorrow so you will see my beautiful face in thread then.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #406 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 275, House wrote:
Nachomamma8
-
Null
Leaning Scum

Ride that "support role" line as long as you can, it's still anti-town to not be actively engaged and developing/providing reads.

I am still actively developing reads and providing them in thread: the only thing being a support role as opposed to a leading role is that I'm not bullshitting reads or being overaggressive with them: if I don't know, I don't know.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #407 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 281, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:New logic: If you cannot find reasons for scum, don't have any.

That said, I have no reads.

And, House, pick apart the scumbucket that is my ISO.

If you don't have any reads, why did you post a reads list?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #408 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 64, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 29, aphix wrote:So why the vote on him?

So why not?

Is there some rule I'm unaware of that says that you're allowed to tell the noobs how to vote?

Your overreaction to an RVS vote makes it pretty clear, you and Nacho are scumbuddies.

Okay, game over, Town wins.

Yay!

In/next

This is a strange post to me. I would expect Klingon to vote Aphix at this point in time: this is the point where her scumread on Aphix seemed more serious, and although she expressed suspicions of me being a scumpartner, it makes more sense to vote someone who had posted things that you disliked as opposed to vote someone who didn't post at all.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #409 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 72, Klingoncelt wrote:
Vote: Aphix

And here, I don't understand what spurned you to switch your vote here: you were just starting to find issue with the things I was posting, and then you switch to Aphix?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #410 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 274, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 273, fferyllt wrote:
In post 261, Klingoncelt wrote:@fferyllt - could Rosylily be prodded please? I'd like to hear more from her.

She has been prodded. She has until tomorrow morning to respond because the prod occurred on the weekend.

Ooops... Thank you!

It's difficult to get a good set of reads when so many people are lurking/replacing out.

One of my other complaints is the lack of content between Klingon's last quoted post and this one: everything in the middle is a complaint on Aphix's personality, but it makes sense that content dies with high lurker and replacement count.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #419 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 415, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 408, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 64, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 29, aphix wrote:So why the vote on him?

So why not?

Is there some rule I'm unaware of that says that you're allowed to tell the noobs how to vote?

Your overreaction to an RVS vote makes it pretty clear, you and Nacho are scumbuddies.

Okay, game over, Town wins.

Yay!

In/next

This is a strange post to me. I would expect Klingon to vote Aphix at this point in time: this is the point where her scumread on Aphix seemed more serious, and although she expressed suspicions of me being a scumpartner, it makes more sense to vote someone who had posted things that you disliked as opposed to vote someone who didn't post at all.

Where I come from what I did is known as snark.

@Nachomamma8 - I'm just curious here, why do you think Aphix went so batshit over my vote for you?

I understand you were snarling, but it seems strange snark if you didn't have legitimate suspicions on Aphix at that point.

I don't know why he reacted as strongly to the vote: I have no idea why people have reacted as strongly as they have to many events this game though, so it isn't exactly a particularly unique event.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #532 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Luca Blight

I don't have time to play a passive role anymore. Pretty much all existing wagons are horrible: this wagon is the best, would probably shoot for an Anen wagon as well.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #535 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 529, Shinobi wrote:For some reason aphix has more votes on him than Klingon which is mindblowing. WBO getting lynched wouldn't be surprising but I don't find it to be a particularly high percentage scum hit for any reason in particular. I can hop on that wagon and not feel bad about the flip at all just for the sake of clearing up the game.

WBO is a lazy lynch, and lynching him to "clear up the game" is the type of lynch that sets the tone for a horrible game. If you have trouble interpreting a player's posts and policy lynch them as a result, you are a bad player. It also surprises me how so many people somehow manage to realize one side of Aphix/Klingon is town and yet is completely blinded to the other: the irrational, emotional, annoying type of tunneling Klingon is displaying at the moment is the type that most often comes from town because of how deep it would require a scum player to take refuge in audacity.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #536 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 534, House wrote:VOTE: Nachos&Cheese

This is a better vote than your previous vote, congratulations.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #537 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 530, aphix wrote:The fact that Klingon isn't being list and refused to actually open up a dialog with anyone is shit. Same with WBO's accusations with no supporting evidence or providing any actually solid opinion.

Being logical doesn't mean town. Being illogical doesn't mean scum. WBO, in general, plays without supporting evidence or solid opinion. Try reading him a different way.

Klingon refusing to open up a dialog with anyone else is frustrating, but not scummy. You can claim she's been producing content exclusively about you (not scummy), but the other accusation you made of not producing any content at all is incorrect. It would also probably help the game if you acknowledge you're still ragging on your "RVS" scumread and she probably has reasons to tunnel you if you're still tunneling her this far into the day.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #539 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I didn't like Luca's readslist because it felt like content he was throwing up just for the sake of being content, but my biggest problem is that anyone who hasn't been discussed as a potential lynch option is town and everyone who has been discussed as a potential lynch option is null-scum. I don't think any normal person who parses through the thread somehow ends up with a scumread on aphix AND klingon AND WBO: what that catch up consisted of was postures to prepare for wagon hops down the road.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #540 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 538, House wrote:but I liked his reads list.

Did you read it at all?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #541 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 288, Aneninen wrote:House – probably town. Genuine scumhunting, good questions. Nothing scummy here.

WBO – lean scum. To tell the truth, his posts are so terrible that I strongly doubt any scum would write posts like these. But, (1) this doesn't rule out that he is scum and (2) his predecessor was a lurker who might have replaced out because of being a scum. If it weren't for the latest part I'd say unsorted but, because of the fact that he's a replacement, lean scum. At least.

Roselily – null. Lack of content.

Klingon – lean town or a shrewd scum. Most of her posts are very pro-town but there are some disturbing bits.

Shinobi – probably scum. No real scumhunting, dodging questions, and nothing which seems to be at least a bit of town.

Aphix – probably scum. It seems that everyone forgot their very-early intro. I still think they could be scums together and distancing from each other right now.

Evil Regals – probably town. I think I've seen this gameplay before. She was town there. She is town here.

Nacho – lean town. I'd really like to see more content. This read is mostly intuitional.

I take incredible problem for people who seem to spend a lot of time reading (and it seems Anen spent a lot of time reading with how long that catchup was) but can only produce surface conclusions. Here, his most sophisticated reasoning for a read after a two screen catchup is "I think WBO might be too scum to be scum". That's unacceptable.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #548 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 542, House wrote:hat is unusual about a player's first productive post lacking conviction? It came across to me as making an attempt to contribute what he could, but not being certain due to the lack of depth of his knowledge of the game so far... if you get what I mean.

This would make sense, except Luca has pretty strong conviction townreads on Evil Regals and Anen (the Anen one is especially important because Anen didn't come into the picture until late). He shows understanding of early game events because he talks about them, and he shows understanding of late game events because he has fully developed reads on people who didn't do anything until late game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #549 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 546, House wrote:I can support an aphix lynch.

VOTE: aphix

aphix is L-1

Why?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #553 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 543, Aneninen wrote:Nacho. Do you really want to start a new wagon about 1 day before Deadline without giving reasons for your scumread??! Also, why do you think Aphix is town? Why are you so sure that the Aphix/Kilngonette fight is a town-vs-town one?

Yes, I do want to start a new wagon when all other wagons are shit. I think Aphix is town for reasons that I don't have time to explain: since you have time, why do you think Aphix is scum? I'm sure the Aphix/Klingon fight is town v town because they are both town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #554 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 552, Luca Blight wrote:I never claimed to scumread Aphix, and Klingon was null with a slight scum lean, for the reasons stated.

Slight scum lean is a scumread for me.
When you said "I'm not sure I agreed with him early game", it seemed like an opening for you voting him down the road, which you probably will if someone doesn't apathetically hammer because "deadline".

In post 552, Luca Blight wrote:Maybe there is a reason my reads corresponded with who has been 'discussed as a potential lynch' and not, because the ones that have are the ones who have appeared scummy in some respects, and the ones that haven't have generally come across as town? Just a thought.

No, but nice try.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #557 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 555, House wrote:
In post 553, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 543, Aneninen wrote:Nacho. Do you really want to start a new wagon about 1 day before Deadline without giving reasons for your scumread??! Also, why do you think Aphix is town? Why are you so sure that the Aphix/Kilngonette fight is a town-vs-town one?

Yes, I do want to start a new wagon when all other wagons are shit. I think Aphix is town for reasons that I don't have time to explain: since you have time, why do you think Aphix is scum? I'm sure the Aphix/Klingon fight is town v town because they are both town.

So you don't have time to fabricate an aphix town case, but we have plenty of time to start a brand new wagon and likely end the day in a mislynch.

Totally makes sense!

There's time to sort you D2.

Why not sort me today?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #560 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 555, House wrote:So you don't have time to fabricate an aphix town case, but we have plenty of time to start a brand new wagon and likely end the day in a mislynch.

This reasoning is also bad. The truth of the matter is if I make an aphix town case, people won't listen. Klingon's vote will not change. I'm not sure what makes WBO change votes, but it sure as hell isn't any form of logic. Anen is scum and likely won't remove his vote from an easy mislynch, and I would engage you on your vote if you talked to me about it, but you refused to do that, so.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #561 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

We need 5 votes for a lynch. Your vote makes 2 votes. Aphix's vote makes 3 votes. Shinobi's vote makes 4 votes. Evil Regal's vote makes 5 votes. We have 29 hours to do this, which is a large enough chunk of time when all of those players can not only check in, but also be convinced.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #563 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Anen is being overdramatic about how much time we have left because he's scum and he doesn't want the wagon to turn on his buddy. People thinking clearly realize that now doesn't have to be the time for compromise.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #565 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 562, Luca Blight wrote:Nah, when I said I didn't agree with him early in the game, that's exactly what I meant.

So whether you agree with him or not has nothing to do with his alignment and you just added that bit in there for shits and giggles?

In post 562, Luca Blight wrote:Yes there is an opening to vote for him further down the road, as there is with anyone, even the ones I initially read as town, as your reads change as the game develops.

It's obviously a very very different thing when you call someone town and then vote them later than it is when you call someone scum and then vote them later.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #566 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 564, House wrote:I gave him some town cred after your defense of him, thinking I might have it wrong... but with my suspicion of you being scum (which is looking more and more likely), that town cred vanished.

Sounds like I'd be a better vote than aphix in this situation.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #570 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:52 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Also, do you really believe that I'm pushing a no lynch when aphix went from L-3 to L-1 in 5 minutes? You know how fast wagons can sway when people feel like swinging them: don't jump to compromise for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #572 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 568, House wrote:1) Not a fan of no lynches

2 votes in 5 minutes is possible, but 4 votes in 29 hours is not? News to me!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #575 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sorry, 3 votes in 28 hours!
House, did you know if you switched votes, the aphix and Luca wagons would be equal?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #578 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 573, Luca Blight wrote:Are you misrepping me again? I never called Aphix scum, please read my post properly. You also seem to be assuming I'm going to vote Aphix when there has been nothing from my posts to suspect that is the case. Until I have read through again, my view on Aphix remains the same as it was then.

I didn't say Aphix in that sentence.
I am assuming you will vote Aphix. Maybe you will prove me wrong. Maybe you won't.
Catchup, do one of the two.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #579 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 568, House wrote:2) Killing one party of the whole aphix/Klingon mud slinging contest will provide clarity to the game

So it's a policy lynch because you can't handle people tunneling each other?
That sounds like an absolutely horrible reason for a lynch, but that's just me.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #581 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 568, House wrote:3) Shinobi will have to find something else to say than "I agree with aphix".

He's saying things other than "I agree with aphix".

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #583 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 580, House wrote:
In post 575, Nachomamma8 wrote:Sorry, 3 votes in 28 hours!
House, did you know if you switched votes, the aphix and Luca wagons would be equal?

You'd have had an easier time trying to sell me on a Shinobi vote. Especially with his eagerness to help you.

You keep acting like we're scum together while voting aphix.
That doesn't make sense.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #586 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 582, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 578, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 573, Luca Blight wrote:Are you misrepping me again? I never called Aphix scum, please read my post properly. You also seem to be assuming I'm going to vote Aphix when there has been nothing from my posts to suspect that is the case. Until I have read through again, my view on Aphix remains the same as it was then.

I didn't say Aphix in that sentence.
I am assuming you will vote Aphix. Maybe you will prove me wrong. Maybe you won't.
Catchup, do one of the two.

But the point you made about 'leaving myself open to vote him further down the road', which that was in response to, was about Aphix, was it not?

Why are you assuming I will vote Aphix?

No, it was about every one of your scum suspects ever.
I am assuming you will vote Aphix because he's the easiest wagon at the time being and you've been posturing for the path of least resistance.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #588 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 576, Evil Regals wrote:Nacho why did you roll scum? :(

Why are you avoiding commenting on anything relevant in my limited time in game?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #592 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 587, House wrote:Way 2 misrep.

Those that think Nacho is telling the truth, read moar.

If you are lynching someone to provide clarity to the game, your reasoning is policy. You gave the reasoning, I called it out as policy.
Where's the misrep?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #594 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 590, House wrote:I didn't say I think he's scum. I said I could be sold on him easier than Luca.

"Especially with his eagerness to help you."
Why would that matter unless we were scum together?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #595 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 574, House wrote:
In post 569, Shinobi wrote:House, get off of Aphix. Give us more time to build our case instead of letting scum hold the hammer.

Pedit: Holy shit you suck at this game.

The fact you hate it makes me love my vote.

"hi i'm house and i apparently don't think shinobi is scum"

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #598 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Does aphix flipping town make me more likely to be town?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #600 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 597, House wrote:
In post 595, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 574, House wrote:
In post 569, Shinobi wrote:House, get off of Aphix. Give us more time to build our case instead of letting scum hold the hammer.

Pedit: Holy shit you suck at this game.

The fact you hate it makes me love my vote.

"hi i'm house and i apparently don't think shinobi is scum"

Disagreeing with someone does not make the other person scum.

When you're doing something because another person disagrees with what you're doing, it's usually because you believe you are of opposite alignment.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #603 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 599, Luca Blight wrote:As I've said, how is it possible to post a readslist without leaving yourself open to voting people, especially with your first catch-up post on day one? It isn't realistically possible. You were clearly referring to Aphix in that post, you are trying to make out I scumread him when there is nothing to suggest this is the case.

In what way have I been 'posturing for the path of least resistance'? Are you really basing this on one catch-up post I made, having just skimmed 20 pages?

Bordering on desperation.

You can make a reads list that doesn't look opportunistic as hell by having townreads on people who are possible lynches for the day. I wasn't referring to Aphix in that post: that is you misrepping you. I did say you scumread him when you didn't explicitly scumread him. If I were to be more careful in choosing my language, I would say that you left a window of opportunity to easily vote a budding aphix wagon. I don't find the difference significant.

You have been posturing for the path of least resistance because of the things you did that I said you did already. Yes. Are you saying that it's invalid to read you after one catchup post? When is it acceptable to make a read? Three catch up posts? Four?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #608 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 606, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 67, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Why is it suspicious? Because you're clearly leaving yourself open to the possibility of voting him further down the road!

See how easy it is to say that to anyone? Apparently that's worthy of a lynch.

I did that to one person early game, yes.
I also hard towned two other people early game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #612 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 609, aphix wrote:If it helps any. I either get lynched or I die tonight.

Every time I have strong scum reads I end up getting night killed. Usually one of them ends up correct.

This is irrational.
Your vote would be much better on Luca than it is on House.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #615 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 611, Luca Blight wrote:Pretty much the same as what I did then, when I first joined the game?

Why is this scummy on my part but not on yours?

You didn't make that post on page 3, you made it more than halfway through the game.
I hard towned people who were viable lynches for the day, you did not.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #618 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 614, Luca Blight wrote:Basically he's saying my catch-up readslist left room for voting people in future,

You didn't town any person who was a viable lynch candidate for the day, which seemed unnatural and also a very convenient position for scum looking for a mislynch.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #619 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 616, aphix wrote:Yeah. And then someone hammers me for voting to stay alive. Which I'm not a big fan of and don't feel like someone hammering me for it.

pedit: No house. You are wrong. Period.

This is also irrational.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #621 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 620, Luca Blight wrote:Doesn't pointing out your own apparent 'townie' behaviour render it meaningless, as you clearly could have done this to use as reasoning for why you are town later in the game, because you were aware of doing it at the time?

Whereas I had none of this pre-planning, and just gave my genuine thoughts having skimmed through.

No.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #623 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You asked me why my behavior was different than yours, I pointed it out. This information was information delivered only expressly because you asked me to. If I was scum, I probably wouldn't have made the same mistake you did, but that doesn't somehow make you town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #624 (isolation #62) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 622, House wrote:No aphix. I am not. Your pissing match with Klingon is anti-town as fuck. Such things are to be expected from newbies, but you are an SE pulling the same shit.

This is policy lynch reasoning again.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #630 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 625, Luca Blight wrote:If 'hard reading viable lynch options' (what makes one of those 2-3 pages in, anyway?) is more reason to make you appear town later in the game, and you are aware of this, then surely it is something you would do as scum, which discredits the argument you have just made?

If the argument I just made was "this is why I'm town", then it would.
That's not the argument I just made.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #632 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 628, Luca Blight wrote:Btw, some meta shit here.

I remember in my very first game on this site, where Nacho was mafia and I was town, I was seemingly lynch-bait on day one and Nacho 'hard-read' me as town then, which makes me suspicious that he is now using that as a reason for him being town now.

This is the towniest thing that you've said all day.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #637 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 633, Luca Blight wrote:I asked why I was scummy and you weren't when we basically did the same thing, and you used that as justification for why you weren't scummy, which is the same as a reason for why you are Town.

I pointed out how what we did was different.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #638 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't like Mala disappearing after getting a chance to interact with me. Unfortunately, not a lot of opportunity to do anything with that today.

Vote: Anen

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #641 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 639, aphix wrote:TLDR: Luca I think you are just running an argument longer then it needs to go, and I'm sure there is an official term, but I'm pretty sure this is just going to get into a circular logic that's worthless.

It already did.
The reaction as a whole was actually sort of town, though.
Is there still no chance of you voting on a wagon I'd actually like to see go through?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #643 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 640, House wrote:
In post 638, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't like Mala disappearing after getting a chance to interact with me. Unfortunately, not a lot of opportunity to do anything with that today.

What the...

I changed my mind.
I know, terrifying because it seems you people can't drop a scumread once you develop one, but I changed my mind.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #644 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 642, aphix wrote:
In post 640, House wrote:
In post 638, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't like Mala disappearing after getting a chance to interact with me. Unfortunately, not a lot of opportunity to do anything with that today.

What the...

After telling me my house vote is pointless .....

Pointless not because it couldn't conceivably go through, pointless because it's a shitty vote.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #647 (isolation #70) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 646, Luca Blight wrote:@ Nacho, what we did was the same; leaving the possibility of voting someone open for later. It was the circumstances around it that you said were different, but all you did was town read two players, as did I in my list. You didn't scumread anyone as far as I can remember, did you? So what we did is not different at all, just happened at different times, as I entered the game later.

The difference you're not understanding is that who I townread and who you townread was significant.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”