Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:34 am

Post by mykonian »

Hello guys, I'm your IC for this game. I've played this game before and although all of you really understand the concept already (bad guys, good guys, votes), you can hardly be expected to know how on MS things are usually done. It pays to fit in just well enough in games like these, so that's why newbie games exist. I'm the person you can come to with your questions and I'll try to answer them as well as I can, regardless of my degree of evilness (I swear I'm like an angel).

It's been a while since I've done this and I'm sure other IC's have nice opening posts, but I'm improvising a bit here.

First things first, I know it's sometimes appealing, but I'd like to get people to promise two things initially: Please don't selfhammer (unless you are scum, kindly do in that case :D). Yes the game can be a drag, people can be wonderfully annoying, but it's a game after all, play it as such. Try to win, even if it seems pretty useless. Outside of the game the same people who pissed you off in game are often very nice, and you want to be able to talk to them again :)

The second thing is that as townie, please don't be too cavalier with claiming vanilla townie. I know it's good to be truthful as a vt and nobody wants to get lynched, but scum know the same! It'll only make it easier for them to aim for our powerroles. You might save yourself, but who do you kill?

These things otherwise tend to catch one by surprise and it doesn't really help much to talk about them after the fact, so now they are out of the way.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:56 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 9, Natsu wrote:
In post 8, eventi wrote:PROTIP - it's best to use the vote tags

Code: Select all

[v]BadGuy1234[/v]

Nice to know. What's the hotkey for unvotes? Any other important ones?

I'll pass this one over to my minions... I'm a bit oldfashioned, vote tags are of the last couple of years, so I still just bold my votes :(

It matters for some mods (not zaicon) who use an automated votecounter. That one likes a colon to be put after vote for it's search.

In post 5, Natsu wrote:What is the policy on attempting to PM other players? Are you allowed to try and form town bonds or gain information outside the thread?

And secondly, how often does "scheduled posting" work? By that I mean someone declaring a need for everyone to compromise a time where we can all post at once, and then posing a question or comment that they would like to hear a non-planned reaction to by virtue of time stamps. As an example, say there is a cop in the game and the first night has passed. A scheduled posting could be issued to then give a command like this: Everyone post a town power role and what you did with it last night. If you actually are a PR then don't lie. My logic here is that this allows the power roles to stay concealed while still being able to reveal a "will" of what they have been doing in case they die later. Or is there a better way of doing this without outing them?

I haven't really seen either of these tactics in action from what I've perused on this site, but they were an important aspect of the only game I played on another site.

1. Don't do it :( MS really does not like it, unless the game or your role pm says differently. Everything of the game, should be in the game thread.
2. it's not a thing here, really. I know of it, but it died out a long time ago. Not quite sure why. I don't think it was for gamebreaking reasons, most likely it has to do with the smaller density of powerroles here. Either way, if you can organise it, maybe we do it tomorrow ;) Maybe we can figure out with the town if it would help or not.
3. Oh, yes, I suspect your site just had more powerroles. They tend to. I fear pr's tend not to win you the game here, apart from in the wackier themes. You've got to do it yourself!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:57 am

Post by mykonian »

oh, and for other tags, if you hit reply in stead of using the quick reply box, you get to a real reply window. It has a ton of tags you could use as buttons, you could scout that.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:12 am

Post by mykonian »

Ruku wrote:@mykonian, Are you saying the VTs shouldn't claim VT if they're about to get lynched? Or are you just saying don't reveal unless you absolutely have to?

The latter. Not saying you can't claim, but people should be a bit careful with it. On first sight it doesn't look like you are giving away all that much with a VT claim, but that's not the whole truth, so you have to be as careful with them as with pr claims.

OMGUS:
vote mochaman

Everytime I am IC I am town!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:07 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 20, Natsu wrote:
In post 15, Ruku wrote:
@
RNG Spat out a 6!

So.... VOTE: Natsu

Ruku, sorry for the misspelling above.
Just curious, would you have voted yourself if your RNG landed on 8?

Good catch, sort of.

I like Ruku for scum, for different reasons. RVS is already noncommital, but Ruku even then shifts responsibility away from him for his vote to a rng generator. That's a worrying habit to have.

vote Ruku

In post 28, Natsu wrote:Yeah, lol. I think the mafia count was around 30 players. Are those mega-games not a thing here?

Nope. usually the "big" games are 25-30p. I know of only a couple of games that go well beyond that number.

If you can't see scum yet, and you don't know what to talk about, you could break your head about the proposed claiming of targets (pretending you are a powerrole) tomorrow morning, and if you feel like doing that, why/why not. Theory discussion isn't everything, but at least it's a discussion of sorts!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:03 am

Post by mykonian »

MochaMan wrote:
In post 29, mykonian wrote:Good catch, sort of.

I like Ruku for scum, for different reasons. RVS is already noncommital, but Ruku even then shifts responsibility away from him for his vote to a rng generator. That's a worrying habit to have.

vote Ruku

Seems a bit opportunistic, but at the same time there isn't a whole lot to go off on at page 1. Using an rng for rvs seems like something I'd do too.

And now you know why you shouldn't!

The RVS stage is about making silly reasons then people responding to your silly reasons and that somehow spirals out of control till you have real stuff to discuss. How is anyone going to talk about your silly reasons if it was "well the dice said so". It used to be more prevalent that people did role dice, but this is the reason why it has pretty much died out now. The RNG vote gave town no benefit, makes some sense from a scum motivation, it became a scumtell of sorts.

We shouldn't let ruku get away with murder here!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:55 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 39, MochaMan wrote:
In post 37, mykonian wrote:It used to be more prevalent that people did roll dice

Wait did people who did roll dice turn out to be mafia more often than not?

I don't have a clue :) I never counted. I can see why people thought that though.

On the other hand, for an early game tell, I'm sure it's good enough. You only need a couple of percent more likelyhood of it being correct to make it worthwile.

In post 38, MochaMan wrote:but I can't see it being scum motivated.

It's a mindset. Town "should" be less likely to be worried at the start of the game. Townies are mostly a bit wandering how to get information and stumble around a bit. Scum otoh just got a role pm that tells them to hide and it would not do to get suspected too early on. And if you can't think of a silly reason that surely wouldn't get you suspected, better point somewhere else. It's a bit better than just a habit for the scum's side. And again, we don't need it to be a 100% tell. 51% will do.

So I don't think it's scum intent. I don't think ruku made the concious choice to go with RNG if he's scum to do something devious with it. I think if ruku is scum it could have been the path of least resistance.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:41 am

Post by mykonian »

I don't really mind how the tojam wagon formed, but that is something we could look back on later. I don't think it's particulary more likely to be on scum than town? So I don't see myself joining that one on a short notice.

And mocha's question was answered correctly, you can use other games, just make sure they are finished.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by mykonian »

maybe someone else should also have a look at how the tojam wagon went, and if they think maybe something was going on. Shouldn't trust just on my judgement, I might be scum ;)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:29 am

Post by mykonian »

I could read him again, but didn't really have an opinion on him first time so in a way I'm a bit worried about the wagon on him and how easy it came to be. No big case or push, there may be scum there, or there may not be. But in due time, could be an interesting wagon to analyse.

I don't really like the last post by eventi. He's a bit eager to point to someone else (who's being replaced anyway, so he gets minus points for not reading the thread either, it's just 3 pages!).

vote eventi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:07 am

Post by mykonian »

dear mod, I want to be voting eventi this time! :D
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:28 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 78, MochaMan wrote:
In post 70, mykonian wrote:I don't really mind how the tojam wagon formed

In post 75, mykonian wrote:I'm a bit worried about the wagon on him and how easy it came to be.

Would you mind reiteratng, mykonian?

Yeah, sorry, it's a bad habit of me that I write too little, think the entire thought is already there.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think tojam should have been to L-1. Imo, he hasn't done something egregious. It's pretty early in the game, I don't think others are seeing something I didn't, he probably shouldn't have that many votes. So it stands out, that wagon should be analysed. Now looking at it, with the individual votes is not that much wrong. I might be looking at some in the wrong way and they could be scummy, but nothing definite.

Which is why other people should have a look.

also, HI PC.

You should probably know better than thinking I'm mafia. You've just seen me play mafia. This is nothing like it :/
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #88 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by mykonian »

given that you were in my last game, yes, sure.

Your memory has gotten very short.

mmm
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #98 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:29 am

Post by mykonian »

I don't know either.
vote phantomcobalt
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #100 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:17 am

Post by mykonian »

given that the cop won that game, I think i'd be fine anyway :P

And given that mina deemed me responsible enough to give me the IC seat of this game, I might as well digress in some theory discussion. And why not on scum play, one doesn't hear about it all that often, MS as a whole likes town better and scum tend to worry about giving away their secret plans and get caught. So all theory stuff in the wiki or MD is mostly from a town perspective.

I fear I've since lost the article by Thestatusquo, it might even have been made during one of the rewinds this site has gone through, but it contained an idea I've since seen a truth in. As scum, your goal isn't to play like you are town. You'll still be "acting" and it will never be the real deal. You might get it right to 99% (though I'd be surprised) but even then you'd get lynched more than when you are town. That cannot be the point. Your goal should be to roleplay "super town". The guy you could not hope to be when town. Just reasonable enough, just nice enough, harsh when it matters, having the right friends, the right enemies. You want to roleplay the guy you wouldn't think about lynching. Forget meta, unless you play with the same people a lot, MS actually hates arguments about it, and only a few players are really interested in it. So why bother playing like you do when you are town? Your audience won't even notice!

In stead, give your audience what they want. Get to know them a bit, think of what tells they think are scummy, what tells they'll see as town, and give them what they want to hear. They want that just about active player, who's post are meaningful (experiment with this, lots of posts make you hard to lynch, also makes hard to get points accross), they love someone who pushes and asks questions, but who's moves they can understand, things they would have done themselves. All townies are lonely. They just want that friend that understands them. And who'd be a better friend than you? :twisted:

What you do in the end and how you play it is up to you, it has to fit your person and style. But make sure you have a plan, a general idea how you are going to fool the town this time. Most bad scum are the ones who sieze up the moment they see that red role name in their role pm, and worry about every post they make, trying to achieve a strategy they cannot hope to manage (playing like they do as town). The difference is a matter of mentality. You can try to avoid everything, which is a negative approach, or you can try to fool your opposition, an active approach, setting the game to your hand. I'm a big proponent of the latter.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #103 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:56 am

Post by mykonian »

why isn't eventi on your townlist then?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #115 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:55 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 104, tojam2 wrote:Eventi hasn't made a significant impact on the game yet, so he's neutral.

You mentioned 'his last post' - he doesn't point at PC, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
And you still haven't explained why you contradicted yourself - very strong scum lean.

Vote:mykonian

Not quite sure what you are so confused about. These are the two posts in question. RC got replaced, is PC now. RC was being replaced as that post was made. I don't know what's so hard to understand about my dislike there. Or how it's a contradiction of any kind?

In post 73, eventi wrote:Prodge, I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

@mod- Random Canadian hasn't posted yet

In post 75, mykonian wrote:...

I don't really like the last post by eventi. He's a bit eager to point to someone else (who's being replaced anyway, so he gets minus points for not reading the thread either, it's just 3 pages!).

vote eventi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #116 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 107, Ruku wrote:He's made several ridiculously weird posts

But is weird scummy? Idk man, it's been a while since I've IC'd before, but as far as I've remembered newbies would always be weird. And that's the way it should be, where else is the fun if everybody plays the same. Tojam hasn't, still doesn't really stand out to me. His posts are a bit what I'd expect, I guess?

I'm not quite sure why you'd ignore information that's readily available to you, PC. You've played with me just before, you know what my posts look like, how I enjoy playing. This isn't our first meeting, why pretend it is? Your suspicion is a gut read, so this is actually where you could apply meta, but very conveniently you forget to?

IDK mate. Seems fishy.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #117 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 108, PhantomCobalt wrote:I'm not going to be talking about meta this game because I believe it's a terrible scumhunting tool so I will not enforce it to newbies.

puts on the IC hat

Scumtells are never 100% accurate. As soon as people get to know them, scum does as well, will try to get around it or avoid the tell. Also townies just do random shit at times, you get false positives. That doesn't mean the end of the world though, there's always some people with which certain tells will work for you, some people who commit some as town and as scum. As long as you know who is who, your reads will get more accurate. So if meta means that you are going to look if someone ends their sentences with a dot as town, but not as scum, yes, they could easily change that. But they are hardly going to change what kind of person they are. So it pays to know if someone likes to wait, if someone is smart, if someone likes attention, etc. Probably will take a game or a couple, but you'll get to know people, and with that, you'll get better at reading them.

It's probably not a good idea to check people's interpunction, but then, neither is just applying general scumtells to everybody. You've got to find that golden mean :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #122 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 118, Natsu wrote:I like Mykonian's thoughts on Tojam2, but he kind of loses me with 100. It seems excessively wordy like he is trying to bury something, and beyond that, what are we supposed to take from it? I don't see anyone going around acting like "super town," and I haven't really noticed that as a strategy employed by mafia in the other games I've observed. The mafia I have observed thus far seem to use short one-liners quite often.
Mykonian, what is your vote on PC based on. Because from my perspective right now, it looks like you are trying to sneak a vote in on PC and bury it with that text wall that makes a new page.

100 is my thoughts getting there and deciding I might as well post what I think. You can take it or leave it, really, but maybe it's something you can use in this or the next game where you draw scum ;)

And you may be right, some mafia may post mostly short lines. I know of some guys who'd get very verbose when playing scum. Depends on the person really.

My PC vote has two parts of it. First that he pushed on on mocha with the argument that his defense wasn't "good enough". Defenses are never good. It's not how mobs work, nor suspicion in this game. Regardless of what people say, usually defending just doesn't do much, people suspect something must be going on because people are talking about it and the guy who's taking the attacks ends up getting lynched often enough. As such, saying someone didn't defend well enough is beyond quite annoying, just a null argument. PC creates a situation where mocha can never win.

Now on top of that, PC hasn't done all that much. He's commenting on the game with his oneliners. This hasn't really changed after I voted either. Somehow he thinks mocha is scum, but god knows why. "Don't worry your incompetence will reveal yourself", is just one such an example, it's a pretty useless post. I don't see any good reason to suspect mocha here, I'd say he's pretty town.

All in all, PC is a decent place to have a vote. Which obviously doesn't mean I'm completely off from eventi (nothing changed after my vote on him), but you know, might as well show where I am looking at that point in time.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #132 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:52 am

Post by mykonian »

Ruku wrote:
Tojam2's play seems really weird, but I think he is starting to fall in line with the "so bad he can't be scum" thing. He seems to be just as clueless in his other games on here (no offense),

This is a worryingly good point, what is the standard for dealing with bad-town? I wouldn't want him in a LYLO situation but if he keeps going like this I doubt he would die in the night.

Also, we basically have 4 people not playing the game. What we do about this?

dw, he has 50% of getting it right in lylo if he's town, just like the rest of us ;)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #139 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:43 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 133, hawkleader3 wrote:Prod dodge and I just asked for a claim when I thought someone was at L-1. That has been the procedure in all my other games, but I will I will admit the only person to get L-1 that quickly was me in my last game. And I did claim. That may have been because the suspicions casted on me were way more concrete than the ones on tojam2

It's a decent habit of at least having a claim before you lynch someone. You tend to be on the road of lynching someone if somewhat later in the game they get to L-1.

Here the situation was a little different, nobody really wanted to lynch tojam really, I think? So why bother with a claim, we aren't at risk of lynching a powerrole (about which we might want to think twice).

In post 135, jachawk wrote:I think finding 'weird' posts is the only way to find scum, so ignoring these does not make much sense.

Townies tend to do a lot of weird stuff too. It's not enough to point out something is weird then, even if it might point you in a certain direction. You probably should then check if the weird thing in question is also actually scummy for that person. Otherwise you are just setting up mislynches on people you don't understand.

In post 136, Ruku wrote:It's maybe a blind chance of 50%, but factoring in reads I disagree, If he's town I don't feel comfortable letting him make that decision.
Sorry, I probably shouldn't joke around too much yet. It's just a thing that people tend to second guess themselves when it comes to lylo. "Why did scum let me live, am I wrong in this read then, or does scum want me to think that." etc. More than other days, it has felt like a lottery for me watching it as a mod or as scum. Because sometimes you are right to second guess (and in a way it makes lylo very very fun), and sometimes you should have stuck with your guns. There's some power in the fact that scum doesn't really know where it's going to go either. :)

@mykon: Could you respond to this please:

#72: Why someone else? Saying that we shouldn't trust you because you might be scum is useless to town, should we just vote you off now and not listen to anything you say because there's a chance you could be scum. I'd much rather you give the information yourself.

I gave as much information as I could there. The situation as such is that I acknowledge it should be interesting, but that I myself am unable to find clear town or scumreads in the votes as they came onto the tojam wagon. I'm mostly asking for a second opinion there. It's a shame nobody has bothered to look at it :( There was a wagon that reached L-1. That's real! It's kind of serious at a time most people were still fooling around.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #140 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:47 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 138, Natsu wrote:I think I read somewhere that the IC has like a 90% chance of being night-killed first.

I think that ship has sailed by now :P

I'm 2nd or 3rd in most scumlists as far as I can see. I think scum is fine keeping me around for a while. I think the only reason I'm getting killed at all right now is if they are under no suspicion at all and all they have to worry about is a new suspicion on them, for which they might take aim at a more experienced player. Otherwise, unless you lynch me, I fear you are stuck with me :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #142 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:36 am

Post by mykonian »

Nah I get it. People have struggled with that for ages. Policy lynches tend not to work out, people don't like them as a concept. So might as well learn to live with players you don't consider very good :/

It's a social game, you are supposed to deal with the people you are playing with, and we aren't created equal :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #156 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:08 am

Post by mykonian »

hmm, I dig this wagon, and I think you are at L-1. It's time for a claim, hawk.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #158 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:51 am

Post by mykonian »

does it matter, I'd be the 5th vote. :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #160 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:04 am

Post by mykonian »

Depends how you look at it. I don't mind the hawk wagon, I can easily see him being scum. 4 people thought the same. That's enough.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #167 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:29 am

Post by mykonian »

I'm fine, but thank you for your concern.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #168 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:31 am

Post by mykonian »

so why do you vote hawk?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #170 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:56 am

Post by mykonian »

bit awkward for a l-1 vote, isn't it? (esspecially given a total of 6 people have decided he's a good lynch).

come on PC, a bit of effort would be nice here.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #176 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by mykonian »

But that's not how pressure works :( The votes have to be real, otherwise there's no pressure.

In two weeks time, I might want to lynch someone else. Right now, hawk would do fine.

I get that you have cold feet about pulling the trigger or anything, but if you want more information before a lynch, you have to keep things real. It won't do to agree with the wagon but not with the lynch, or votes which don't mean anything anymore as soon as the wagon actually gains steam. Because who's under pressure then, hawk, or you? And if this is a lynch, do we then have to go through the motions tomorrow where half the wagon didn't actually want the lynch in case he flips town?

You put yourself in such a horrible position if you hollow your own vote out to the point where it no longer describes an intention to lynch as soon it's looking like a lynch might happen.

And I'm sure we'll see this argument pop up more often: yes, there is time. Doesn't mean you should
wait
. It's a reason to
keep going
. What you are doing now, ruku, is waiting. You've unvoted because you didn't want the lynch now, and nothing else happened from your side. You are just waiting for something to happen. That's no discussion, that's not playing the game. What stops you from investigating?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #189 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:10 am

Post by mykonian »

I have no clue.

Hawk's claim looks fine to me, and I"m not comfortable letting PC get away with his play.

vote PC
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #198 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:29 am

Post by mykonian »

he's got a point there, you know.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #199 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:14 am

Post by mykonian »

Given that I'm IC I should probably expand on that post. That post by mochaman is very scummy, although the tell as I learned it was mostly effective in face to face/chat mafia. The town takes a turn or is a bit unpredictable and the scum loses track of where the game is going, but do feel the need to show that they are active. In face to face/chat it's easier to see when someone needs time to think the possibilities/threats through (which is more a thing for scum) so they get in the awkward position where they feel the need to post soon to not seem to be lurking, and otoh don't really want to say something stupid.

And that's the issue with that post really. Town wouldn't mind saying something stupid, because how stupid could it be to have a scumread on someone and say that people should be voting that. Given that Mochaman otherwise here hasn't struck me as the intimidated newbie, which could be another reason someone makes a post like that, I think that's a decent reason to put mocha on ones scumlist.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #209 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:54 am

Post by mykonian »

I am not going to lynch a newbie on one wishy washy post, esspecially since I otherwise didn't have problems with him. I may be wrong about PC although he's not really helping himself. Lets see the best in a human being there.

What I am geniunly bothered with is the eventi/lia slot. I already posted how I didn't like eventi's last post, where he proddodges and points to someone who should be replaced. That wasn't great.

In post 204, Lia wrote:I'd still prefer to lynch hawkleader but if that isn't coming off then I wouldn't object to lynching jachawk, Natsu or Mocha.

Natsu's post adds to my scum lean on him. And why an intent to vote rather than an actual vote?

As he's no longer at L-1

Vote: hawkleader

But this vote, I really dislike. Hawk claimed in between him being on l-1, him no longer being on l-1, and this. It was an event, but Lia doesn't mention it, just coasts on her earlier suspicion and the fact that there is a wagon. That is way too easy.

vote lia
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #213 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:38 am

Post by mykonian »

no sorry, I don't get that post. I don't see a first line talking about hawkleaders claim. The fact that you wanted to vote him in your first post of the game really doesn't matter given that something did change after that.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #232 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by mykonian »

His claim seemed to come from the right mindset. I don't think we should lynch hawk.

I don't think if I ever gave a reason, but my problems with hawk stemmed from a weakish early game that somehow had to be solved by a big analysis post with which I also had some issues. I didn't want to let him get away with that.

As for people sheeping me, they are the best. I think we got a scum.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #264 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:02 am

Post by mykonian »

I find myself inconvenienced in the following days, with no access from monday till tuesday. First thought is that I would have liked phantom to stick around and that it's a fine kill, although I wouldn't have called it before the night. I can see how that works for scum. I'd be very surprised if both scum were on lia's wagon. Not really feeling a reread at this point in time.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #266 (isolation #38) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:47 am

Post by mykonian »

that is bs. You've played before. You've read some games.

In case you aren't,
IC hat
: the scum are a team they only get one kill.

but I don't buy it.
vote Tojam
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #278 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:17 am

Post by mykonian »

I think I've made a post before to that extent, but pressure isn't very real when you start talking about it, you are undermining your own vote with it. You probably shouldn't devaluate your vote.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #295 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by mykonian »

sorry guys, tuesday was a mess but I should probably have been able to get in a post yesterday.

In post 291, Ruku wrote:Tojam isn't this dumb, I've read his other games. Theres no way he didn't know about the Mafia having a kill each. His comments are none-sensical and it's not like that when he's played before.

Thank you for confirmation on this. This is why I want to lynch tojam, I think he's playing dumber than he is.

I'm quite confused as why people thought I was going to get nightkilled. You don't get nightkilled with so much suspicion around. I may be an IC, that's not a guaranteed night kill target :P
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #297 (isolation #41) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:26 am

Post by mykonian »

what's with the lack of vote?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #310 (isolation #42) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:05 am

Post by mykonian »

Yes, sorry guys. I am somehow forgetting that I'm in this game. Today and tomorrow I have a ton of time though, and after this shitty week I've got a clear head again.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #311 (isolation #43) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:07 am

Post by mykonian »

oh, thankfully not all that much happened. I'd like to repeat that natsu should sheep me if he indeed saw sense in thinking tojam was scummy. I'd rather have a partner on the wagon than a supporter off it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #312 (isolation #44) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:22 am

Post by mykonian »

I don't think we should lynch mocha, btw. He's fine.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #318 (isolation #45) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by mykonian »

which is why we shouldn't be thinking about lynching mocha. That was a nice post.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #330 (isolation #46) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:49 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 327, MochaMan wrote:
In post 311, mykonian wrote:I'd like to repeat that natsu should sheep me if he indeed saw sense in thinking tojam was scummy. I'd rather have a partner on the wagon than a supporter off it.

Would you mind elaborating?

not sure what the question is. Votes lynch people, vague support doesn't. I wanted natsu to put his money where his mouth was since he sounded like he saw the point.

Ehm, it's nice that you have figured out scumteams, ruku. It would be nice if you could explain to people why they are scum. I would be bussing tojam quite hard here, don't you think? Somehow this is the first team you think of and are convinced by. Just saying: "well scum bus now and then" won't do here, how are you "convinced" this is bussing and not a town-scum interaction?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #333 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:28 am

Post by mykonian »

ok, that's a lot of words about me and very few arguments why I'm scum. I mean I get how it works, but it'd be nice if you got your head around it as well.

jachawk is w/e for me.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #343 (isolation #48) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 335, Natsu wrote:Also, "jachawk is w/e for me" is triggering alarms. The biggest lurker is just whatever to you? I mean, sure, he is kind of null to me also, but why not apply pressure at this point?

you people and your pressure. It doesn't work if you don't mean it. I won't mean it, because I'm not too offended by some inactivity. Game isn't the fastest anyway and there are some players out there that do feel unnatural. So be it that one of the newbies watches more than he talks.

Tojam calling ruku scum is a welcome sign of life. Wouldn't have expected that to come from tojam scum, might still work. Think it's better to support the movement first, lets see where this goes.
vote Ruku
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #347 (isolation #49) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:44 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 344, Ruku wrote:what makes you think he wouldn't of meant the pressure?

Because he's telling me perhaps I should pressure. I don't think I should all that much. Esspecially given my explained stance on it.

In a similar light, I don't see why I should limit myself to just being concerned about inactive people. It's still open to judgement. I think you are scummier than jachawk, I vote you in stead of him, despite his postcount.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #349 (isolation #50) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 am

Post by mykonian »

This discussion was spawned by me stating an opinion about him. I don't think I am ignoring anybody. You are twisting the facts to fit your narrative.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #355 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 am

Post by mykonian »

no thank you.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #356 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:16 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 352, Ruku wrote:
In post 333, mykonian wrote:jachawk is w/e for me.

Sounds like a judgement to me.

How then, does your accusation that I'm ignoring him, make any sense?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #358 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by mykonian »

I may be an IC, but I don't have to do that for you.

I don't think jac is particulary obvtown, but otoh I don't need to lynch him. "w/e" when he gets pushed is pretty accurate.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #360 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 am

Post by mykonian »

apparently jachawk is remarkable to you in some way.

go ahead and make that case, I'd say?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #363 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:53 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 360, mykonian wrote:apparently jachawk is remarkable to you in some way.

go ahead and make that case, I'd say?

Come on Ruku, you must have more just counting his posts. Newbies lurk all the time. What makes this one different to you?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #365 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by mykonian »

He's clearly not unremarkable to ruku. He thinks I should call it scummy, he better know why himself.

Not quite sure where the "us" came from natsu. What makes you fit to talk for Ruku here?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #366 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by mykonian »

hmm, with 1.5 days to go, do we have any other good reasons to suspect natsu? Bc that post is going to bother me at least over the night. I don't like it a bit.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #372 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Post by mykonian »

Ruku wrote:Man I love this, you've managed to waste a whole day of time talking about about useless stuff.

That's your judgement. Because what you've done this day is convince yourself that I'm the partner of a lurker. That's the case.

And somehow it doesn't matter to you that you think jachawk is scum as well then? Because I've been trying to press that on you but you keep dodging that. Somehow that's twisting your intentions. You don't actually want to show why his lurking is scummy in stead of newbie, so in conclusion, how could I even be his partner? Your reasoning is circular on the partnership, you don't actually have an idea why the individuals are scummy.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #373 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by mykonian »

vote natsu
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #374 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by mykonian »

I guess I might as well post the whole argument.

What makes that natsu is so convinced ruku is town that he's convinced he knows ruku's entire thoughts that he can talk for him? It's because there's not that lingering bit of doubt that ruku could be scum. Pointing to the wiki as an autority after that is just icing on the cake, I'm worried about natsu's actions, not the wiki's.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #377 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:34 am

Post by mykonian »

There's nothing about jac there. He's at the heart of your suspicion as my designated buddy. I'm scummy because I don't want to lynch him, jac is scummy because he doesn't have a high post count?

Why is jac not a lurking newbie, but lurking scum? Why is it so hard to answer this question, ruku?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #378 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:35 am

Post by mykonian »

anyway, 21 hours to go, this game needs more natsu votes.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #386 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:21 am

Post by mykonian »

Good that ruku has a town read on you. And you on him obv.

I have a townread on mocha. Even if I agree with him, I'm not going to argue his arguments for him. Hell, it's just a townread, I could be mistaken.

The problem is not a townread, it's the complete lack of doubt in that read, which is very untowny.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #389 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:45 am

Post by mykonian »

you could always vote natsu.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #393 (isolation #65) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by mykonian »

it'd be pretty mediocre.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #397 (isolation #66) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by mykonian »

but if we don't lynch and the scum kill, tomorrow we are in a position where a mislynch loses the game anyway (mylo), but then we didn't even try our luck today. We should lynch.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #413 (isolation #67) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:29 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 410, tojam2 wrote:@mykonian: Seen as you won't vote for Maestro/hawkleader Unvote

eh, I'll happily let maestro talk a bit. As stated, I wasn't really a fan of the hawk lynch in that case, I could be wrong. This is like a second opinion :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #419 (isolation #68) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Post by mykonian »

I don't :( It's pretty sad to say the least.

@ruku, nah. I was here 2 hours beforehand, thought I'd be there right at the deadline again and that didn't work out.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #420 (isolation #69) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:31 am

Post by mykonian »

hmm, wish maestro coming in would make a little more happen.

I don't think Ruku is scum atm. He's pretty deep in the tunnel, his arguing style will rub people wrong, but idk, townies do that, esspecially when they consider themselves clever. Natsu otoh, is piggybacking that pretty well. Together with speaking for Ruku, that smells. Both hawks I wouldn't want to call town, but otoh don't really feel like calling them scum either. They might be, but they aren't interesting lynches to me here. Tojam is funny. I'll admit that it's a bit of a guess, but atm I think he's town. I think if he had been scum he'd stop running headfirst into trouble at some point. I might not give him enough credit, but that's where I'm going with him now.

As for pairings, I'd want to look at that tomorrow. After 2 lynches and a few more wagons, that could be interesting. Might be a little late (lylo is never an ideal time to argue about reads :( ) but then that's the thing with 9p setups, I guess.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #422 (isolation #70) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:01 am

Post by mykonian »

I'm the one posting today. The rest seems to be waiting for something. Not quite sure how it qualifies as stalling.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #428 (isolation #71) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:18 am

Post by mykonian »

looking forward to it maestro.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #528 (isolation #72) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:41 am

Post by mykonian »

well played, mafia.

I don't really keep track of you, and some of you might already have signed up for more newbie games. From experience, I've seen a lot of newbies go this route, and just like most of them, I'd want to give you the advice to explore the big world of real games on MS. You are all more than capable of playing there, fitting in, having fun. Newbies can only teach you so much, are as much about acclimation as anything really. GL on MS!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”