Newbie 1737 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Oacenth »

Hey everyone,
I live in England, so that's my timezone.
And i'll just chuck a random vote, VOTE: Dongempire
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Oacenth »

@ Galagya:
In regards to your question, I guess when it comes to scumhunting, don't expect many walls of text from me. I am more of the type of person that would rather wait and see what other people have to say before I say anything. I mainly think that is due to the fact this is only my second Mafia game and in my first game I was killed off pretty soon so I'm still getting used to playing mafia and the terms people use and such.
In regards to my personality I'm not that confident, so I usually don't feel very comfortable pointing out things all the time and I'm not always sure on myself due to this. But I'm trying to learn so please bare with me!

But I would like to hear what other people answer this question with!
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Oacenth »

Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.
So im just interested to know what other people have to say, or what else people have found strange? (minus what has already been stated)
Also, if anyone has any questions for me go ahead.

@goodmorning you say you have some reads already, can we have some details behind your reasoning?
But Im going to guess that you have either/both Platinum_Fleece and nmego12345 as a town read?
(My guess being because after they both posted a few times your town reads went from 2 to 3.5.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Oacenth »

Well for starters, I have to say, that so far I am reading Nmego as town, the main resoning behind this was the effort he put into trying to decode goodmorning's post to try and find the clue, I feel like its active scumhunting and a scum wouldnt have put that much effort into it, correct me if im wrong here anyone?

@goodmorning:
I must admit Im rather confused as to why you didnt just outright state what reads you had for people? What was the reason for this?
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Oacenth »

I'll do this for now, until I have a better idea:UNVOTE:

I'd like to see more from SkiddishRaddish and Lmkguy at this point.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Oacenth »

@goodmorning:
Why do you feel it is necessary to point out that you didnt have a RV in ?

Also Im not sure if its because im new, but Im not quite sure why it is a clue and why it is important? Can you please explain?
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Oacenth »

I can honestly say, I completely understand everyones reasoning for thinking I am scum (which im not). I am just just new to the game and I now understand the importance of being more active so I shall try to be. I just find that if im am not confident with anything I find out of place then I dont mention it, but now I will, no matter how it makes me look. As Galagy said I should play to win.
Im going to start with rereading the thread.

So far I feel like all
Dongempire
has done is make statements, no of which have been what I feel to be actively scumhunting.
As I had said before I am reading
Nmego
as town because of his effort put into analysing goodmorning's post. But I feel like that is all they have done, Im starting to doubt my read as it could just be an attempt to figure out the reads to see what he is being read as himself. I guess I will become more sure as they post more.
I feel like
Lmkguy
has not posted enough and when he has posted there hasnt really been any useful content to them and I find that rather scummy.
I am leaning towards a town read on
Kuror0
because they also seem to actively scumhunting with everything they post having at least one question for someone.
So far
SkiddishRaddish
has made statements or answered questions and not seemed to be very active.

Overall I'd like to see more hunting from Lmkguy and skiddishraddish and some more helpful responses from Dongempire and some actual hunting.

@goodmorning:
You say your vote was not random, but when you had voted in I had only introduced myself and no one had really started any conversations yet. So how did you find what I had said in post scummy? And I would still like to see some proper explanations for your reads.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Oacenth »

@Nmego:
In answer to your question, I am getting town vibes from Kuror, as I said in my previous post its mainly due to the fact that in every post they have made they ask at least one question aimed at someone. To me this seems like a very pro town thing to do.
In regards to goodmorning, all I can say is that I am leaning towards a town read. Mainly due to the fact that she is being very helpful in trying to get others to scumhunt properly and I dont think that a scum would do this, they would be happy with people not hunting as much. Also the fact that she didnt outrightly tell us her reads was a bit strange to me at first, I mean she could have just agreed with what anyone had suggested, to make it look like she had her own reads. Though the more I think about this (like others have said) I think she may have just been trying to get others to looks into things a bit more and improve the scumhunting from others and to see how people react to this.

Im also getting town vibes from Galagya, I think mainly due to the way they post things. This is more of a less confident vibe thing, if that makes sense.

@Dongempire:
You tell me to defend myself, but from what exactly? As far as im aware all people have commented on is my seemingly lack of scumhunting, which Im trying to improve on, which will hopefully show as the thread goes on. It's not exactly something I can just change in one post?
Also, so far you have just seemed to have made blunt statements and nothing to actually help progress the game.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Oacenth »

wow, is there really a need to be so aggressive..
I got told to point out anything, even if it was 0.00001% relevant/important, so thats what I did. If you disagree with my opinion then fair enough, after all it is only just my opinion.
If you want to vote for me then go ahead, but I can tell you now, im VT.
Also how am I supposed to know that two posts if a very long time for you?
And as I had said, they were just what I had to say at the time, we're still in day one, so yes my reads are going to be 'wishy washy'.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”