Newbie 1737 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:13 am

Post by platinum_fleece »

In post 49, goodmorning wrote: There was one big clue in my last post but nobody seems to have noticed it :[
Wait, there was? Disregarding the IC Q&A stuff, the only thing in your last post would be
goodmorning wrote: I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
I can't exactly take a guess from that. Either I'm not looking hard enough, or you're really good at hiding clues.
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:39 am

Post by nmego12345 »

In post 49, goodmorning wrote: 3.5 TR/2 SR now!
Well I don't understand this.

There is no player whose name begins with T for that matter.

I'm confused.....
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:46 am

In post 51, nmego12345 wrote:
In post 49, goodmorning wrote: 3.5 TR/2 SR now!
Well I don't understand this.

There is no player whose name begins with T for that matter.

I'm confused.....
I think goodmorning means 3.5 Townreads and 2 Scumreads :P
nmego12345
nmego12345
Townie
nmego12345
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:53 am

Post by nmego12345 »

I think there is only one other part of goodmorning's post that isn't necessarily IC-related
@goodmorning hi. have we played before? Last time I played mafia was ages ago so i don't remember too many things and players. but your name does sound familiar.
You were in my very first Newbie scumgame.

(Recent terminology change: people have begun using 'NAI' instead of 'Not Alignment-Indicative'.)
I wonder why did goodmorning say
(Recent terminology change: people have begun using 'NAI' instead of 'Not Alignment-Indicative'.)
I mean it doesn't fit as a reply to korur0 post, the more I think about it, I feel it's out of place

But 99.9999% It doesn't mean anything and I'm just the paranoid'est one ever
Not to mention it should be one BIG HINT

Let's hunt the only other part for the hint
I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
First of all, goodmorning has 2 townreads and 2 scumreads, so anyone who hasn't posted enough before goodmorning's post would be null, anyone who hasn't posted anything scumm wouldn't be a scumread and anyone who hasn't posted anything pro-town wouldn't be a townread
So by process of elimination we should get someone, but I'm too lazy to do that right now
There's not a whole lot of clues in other posts

Does that imply that goodmorning had these reads before posting that post?

Let's see the remaining of the post
but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
My mind was going to explode analyzing this part, I'll take it easy and say that there isn't there any hint there, It would be very nice if anyone else had analyzed this post.

Post edit: 3.5 townreads and 2 scumreads? I think i'm on to something, but I wanna get ahead with this post first.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Oacenth »

Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.
So im just interested to know what other people have to say, or what else people have found strange? (minus what has already been stated)
Also, if anyone has any questions for me go ahead.

@goodmorning you say you have some reads already, can we have some details behind your reasoning?
But Im going to guess that you have either/both Platinum_Fleece and nmego12345 as a town read?
(My guess being because after they both posted a few times your town reads went from 2 to 3.5.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:47 am

Post by kuror0 »

@Dongempire why would you think you are playing fluffy? you had 3 posts before you said gm was reading you as scum because "you play fluffy". of those 3 posts 1 was the rvs with no additional info. the second was to unvote because you thought Oacenth was at L-1 and the third was to clarify your mistake thinking she was at L-1 when she wasn't. So i really wonder what makes you think people can scumread you so fast with those posts you had.

@platinum My vote on Oacenth was to promote a wagon which was the only way i could think off to promote participation and maybe start posts with more content. But seems you didn't vote for me to start a wagon or add pressure or something it was just a pointless vote. You said:
In post 34, platinum_fleece wrote: Partly to start discussion and partly to start asking questions. Seemed like a good point of questioning as any since we are still early in the day, no?
yet thats the only question I can find (if you call that a question) and after that post you didn't ask for anything or did something to pressure me or anyone that I noticed. Which is a ratter flimsy stance.

I hope the players with lower post count start participating more soon.

Edit: To Oacenth and other players who find themselves not sure how to proceed and are waiting for more content to post. The easiest way is to promote discussion and ask question about stuff that you find interesting/weird/strange etc if we have too many people just waiting for content to be provided then we are left with nothing to work on.
Too lazy to be scum.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:51 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 50, platinum_fleece wrote:
In post 49, goodmorning wrote: There was one big clue in my last post but nobody seems to have noticed it :[
Wait, there was? Disregarding the IC Q&A stuff, the only thing in your last post would be
goodmorning wrote: I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
I can't exactly take a guess from that. Either I'm not looking hard enough, or you're really good at hiding clues.
I'll quote it:
In post 39, goodmorning wrote:
In post 14, Galagya wrote:So everyone but platinum has a RV set,
I don't.
--
In post 53, nmego12345 wrote:I wonder why did goodmorning say
I mean it doesn't fit as a reply to korur0 post, the more I think about it, I feel it's out of place
kuror hasn't played in about a year and a half; people have started using that term over the last ~4-5 months, and it's usually not immediately apparent what they mean when they say it. It's 100% IC-related.
Post edit: 3.5 townreads and 2 scumreads?
Yes.
In post 54, Oacenth wrote:Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.
So im just interested to know what other people have to say, or what else people have found strange? (minus what has already been stated)

@goodmorning you say you have some reads already, can we have some details behind your reasoning?
But Im going to guess that you have either/both Platinum_Fleece and nmego12345 as a town read?
(My guess being because after they both posted a few times your town reads went from 2 to 3.5.
Eventually!
(nmego is indeed the +1)

Question: Answer the question you posed to everyone else.

--

Also, what kuror said about activity.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Oacenth »

Well for starters, I have to say, that so far I am reading Nmego as town, the main resoning behind this was the effort he put into trying to decode goodmorning's post to try and find the clue, I feel like its active scumhunting and a scum wouldnt have put that much effort into it, correct me if im wrong here anyone?

@goodmorning:
I must admit Im rather confused as to why you didnt just outright state what reads you had for people? What was the reason for this?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 42, platinum_fleece wrote:
In post 41, Donempire wrote:
platinum_fleece wrote:
In post 26, kuror0 wrote:
In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote:
VOTE: kuror0

Starting a wagon early, now, are we?
Why not? and aren't you doing the same?
My vote on you was because you implied that it's a victory wagon. I didn't vote you for the sake of starting a wagon.

Out of curiosity, why do you assume it's a good wagon?
Because he "felt"? you know, when you dont have things to back it up with.

Also what do you mean by you didnt want to start a wagon? Do you mean that your vote is a worthless/placeholder vote?
I mean that I'm not voting him and expecting everyone to jump in just yet. I still want some time to ask questions to other people before seriously considering lynching someone. Not exactly a fan of early bandwagons
so its a placeholder. Ok
nmego12345 wrote:Whoa 2 Pages in 2 Days!! That's awesome
Keep up the activity everyone

Just a few noteworthy posts in the first page (Then i'll get to the second one)

In post 14, Galagya wrote:Some post by galagya
Getting town vibes
Why? Anything without an explanation is useless. You dont want to be like me.

In post 21, platinum_fleece wrote: VOTE: kuror0

Starting a wagon early, now, are we?
Serious vote?
Didnt he already explain it? 2 posts ago? he did
platinum_fleece wrote:
In post 47, nmego12345 wrote: @platinum_fleece, I wasasking if you're out of RVS yet, I don't know about kuror0. He's a big huge null to me. What do you think about other players?
I don't have good reads on most people playing so far, but here's what I think so far:

kuror0's intent to start a wagon this early doesn't sit well with me, but it's not enough to paint him as scum. I'm just not a fan of early wagons.

I also agree with Galagya's random questioning thing. Since I'm trying to question people myself. It can give some good ideas as to opinions and reactions, and seems pro-town in my opinion.
How tf is asking people how they play protown
id agree it might give reactions etc but i dont think that post alone is good enough to townread someone. To me galagya is p null right now, his posts are big ol fluffwalls (except post 37, which i thjnk has provided some insight to say the least)
nmego12345 wrote:I think there is only one other part of goodmorning's post that isn't necessarily IC-related
@goodmorning hi. have we played before? Last time I played mafia was ages ago so i don't remember too many things and players. but your name does sound familiar.
You were in my very first Newbie scumgame.

I wonder why did goodmorning say

But 99.9999% It doesn't mean anything and I'm just the paranoid'est one ever
Not to mention it should be one BIG HINT

Let's hunt the only other part for the hint
I (surprisingly) have 2 townreads and 2 scumreads so far. There's not a whole lot of clues to them in my posts yet because I've mostly ICposted, but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
First of all, goodmorning has 2 townreads and 2 scumreads, so anyone who hasn't posted enough before goodmorning's post would be null, anyone who hasn't posted anything scumm wouldn't be a scumread and anyone who hasn't posted anything pro-town wouldn't be a townread
So by process of elimination we should get someone, but I'm too lazy to do that right now
There's not a whole lot of clues in other posts

Does that imply that goodmorning had these reads before posting that post?

Let's see the remaining of the post
but if anyone would like to guess who they are and why I read them the way I do, I might be convinced to talk a little more about them. Multiple guessers are encouraged!
My mind was going to explode analyzing this part, I'll take it easy and say that there isn't there any hint there, It would be very nice if anyone else had analyzed this post.

Post edit: 3.5 townreads and 2 scumreads? I think i'm on to something, but I wanna get ahead with this post first.
heres a tip: if everyone says gm is scumreading them and townreading the dude above him/her, then we can find it easier.
or another tip: find scum instead of finding someones reads
in fact, did you know if you hunted scum you might find the dude she was scumreading, and actually

hang scum
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:15 am

In post 55, kuror0 wrote: @platinum My vote on Oacenth was to promote a wagon which was the only way i could think off to promote participation and maybe start posts with more content. But seems you didn't vote for me to start a wagon or add pressure or something it was just a pointless vote. You said:
In post 34, platinum_fleece wrote: Partly to start discussion and partly to start asking questions. Seemed like a good point of questioning as any since we are still early in the day, no?
yet thats the only question I can find (if you call that a question) and after that post you didn't ask for anything or did something to pressure me or anyone that I noticed. Which is a ratter flimsy stance.
No, you answered my question pretty fine and well. My question was why you wanted to vote to start a wagon.

I wouldn't say my vote was a pointless vote. I don't think starting a wagon early is ever a good sign, so that intent alone is what made me vote for you.

@goodmorning

I agree here with Oacenth, why not post your reads if you have around 5 people read apparently. Information is always good for town, no need to hide anything if you have info.
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:17 am

In post 58, Donempire wrote:
platinum_fleece wrote:
In post 47, nmego12345 wrote: @platinum_fleece, I wasasking if you're out of RVS yet, I don't know about kuror0. He's a big huge null to me. What do you think about other players?
I don't have good reads on most people playing so far, but here's what I think so far:

kuror0's intent to start a wagon this early doesn't sit well with me, but it's not enough to paint him as scum. I'm just not a fan of early wagons.

I also agree with Galagya's random questioning thing. Since I'm trying to question people myself. It can give some good ideas as to opinions and reactions, and seems pro-town in my opinion.
How tf is asking people how they play protown
id agree it might give reactions etc but i dont think that post alone is good enough to townread someone. To me galagya is p null right now, his posts are big ol fluffwalls (except post 37, which i thjnk has provided some insight to say the least)
By random questioning I wasn't assuming he meant questions like playstyle questions and stuff like that. I'm assuming that he meant asking questions like "so who do you think is scum and why?" and then comparing later on to see if that person's reads have some consistency or are erratic.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:31 am

Post by grapes »

VC 103
Oacenth (2):
goodmorning, kuror0
kuror0 (2):
Galagya, platinum_fleece
Dongempire (1):
Oacenth
platinum_fleece (1):
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish (1):
nmego12345
Galagya (1):
LmkGuy

Not Voting:
Dongempire
With 9 votes in play, 5 are needed to lynch.
There's (expired on 2016-09-12 08:55:02) until deadline.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Oacenth »

I'll do this for now, until I have a better idea:UNVOTE:

I'd like to see more from SkiddishRaddish and Lmkguy at this point.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by SkiddishRaddish »

In post 30, LmkGuy wrote:
In post 28, SkiddishRaddish wrote:Oh, also, how you quote from multiple posts/people?
Click the multiquote button and then hit preview. I prefer to just quote and respond to posts individually as it makes it seem less of a wall of text, but thats just my preference.
goodmorning wrote:
In post 28, SkiddishRaddish wrote:Oh, also, how you quote from multiple posts/people?
I copy/paste.

I'm pretty sure the Q+ button is supposed to be functional for that but I've never properly managed to use it so I'm afraid I can't help you there. (Lmk has detailed how it's supposed to work so hopefully that helps?)
Thank you both of you!

I'll have a proper post up in a moment.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 57, Oacenth wrote:Well for starters, I have to say, that so far I am reading Nmego as town, the main resoning behind this was the effort he put into trying to decode goodmorning's post to try and find the clue, I feel like its active scumhunting and a scum wouldnt have put that much effort into it, correct me if im wrong here anyone?

@goodmorning:
I must admit Im rather confused as to why you didnt just outright state what reads you had for people? What was the reason for this?
Well, uh, my sig.

It's two-pronged:
1. It makes people think.
2. Their answers give me an idea of their perspective on the game.
(3. I don't want to get sheeped.)
In post 58, Donempire wrote:heres a tip: if everyone says gm is scumreading them and townreading the dude above him/her, then we can find it easier.
that's totally cheating tho
In post 60, platinum_fleece wrote:By random questioning I wasn't assuming he meant questions like playstyle questions and stuff like that. I'm assuming that he meant asking questions like "so who do you think is scum and why?" and then comparing later on to see if that person's reads have some consistency or are erratic.
Read consistency is VERY VERY overrated.

--

I like that I actually POINTED OUT THE CLUE and still nobody's at all interested. You shouldn't just be interested in what I think, you should be interested in
why I think it

Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Oacenth »

@goodmorning:
Why do you feel it is necessary to point out that you didnt have a RV in ?

Also Im not sure if its because im new, but Im not quite sure why it is a clue and why it is important? Can you please explain?
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Alright, I'll play goodmorning's guessing game again.

Based on her hint, she's not RVSing Oacenth, which makes me think that goodmorning's scumreading her.

As for the why, I think it's this line:
In post 16, Oacenth wrote:I am more of the type of person that would rather wait and see what other people have to say before I say anything.
@goodmorning:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you scumreaded her because you didn't like the fact that she'd rather wait to see what people say instead of asking questions and generating discussions herself. Am I on the right track?
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by SkiddishRaddish »

In post 45, nmego12345 wrote:
In post 27, SkiddishRaddish wrote: @nmego12345
I find your answer to Galagya's question a nonanswer. I know they were long ago and a short time period of play, but they only descriptor you give is that you were active, which is to be expected of a mafia game that's only 30 minutes long. Can you give us something more? Picture your style as a detective if you can't think of anything.

Well you're right. I'll try playing detective

Ok first of all
In each long mafia game I've played something of the following has happened
1. I quited because of real life issues
2. I got nightkilled in night 1 (One game and It was my first ever ever mafia game from 5 or so years)

Only one mafia game I lasted more than one day and It was rather fast like only 2 weeks.

I think:
1. I tend to study EACH post
2. I tend to be active (Except if life issues got in the way)

That's It I guess.
I'm not entirely satisfied but you generally seem to write short posts and we seem to coming out RVS so I'll take it.

If Oacenth is a correct guess that still leaves another mafioso and unstated scumread. It's too early to get proper reads on people, but I were to suggest a pair for Oacenth at this point I would think it's maybe Dongempire. Oacenth started her random vote saying
In post 7, Oacenth wrote:Hey everyone,
I live in England, so that's my timezone.
And
i'll just chuck a random vote
, VOTE: Dongempire
Dongempire voted her back, and then when she got to lynch three Dongempire suddenly scrambled to unwagon off of her, mistaking that she was one away from lynching.
platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:48 pm

In post 67, SkiddishRaddish wrote: If Oacenth is a correct guess that still leaves another mafioso and unstated scumread. It's too early to get proper reads on people, but I were to suggest a pair for Oacenth at this point I would think it's maybe Dongempire. Oacenth started her random vote saying
And
Dongempire voted her back, and then when she got to lynch three Dongempire suddenly scrambled to unwagon off of her, mistaking that she was one away from lynching.
goodmorning isn't scumreading Dongempire. She clarified it here
goodmorning wrote:
In post 41, Donempire wrote: Youre scumreading me
Because i play fluffy
..but i cant think of anyone else actually.
im actually surprised theres about 40 posts in 2 days, especially considering the game just started. meh.
Nope! Interesting guess though.
I'm a little surprised there aren't more.
Assuming my train of thought about why she would scumread Oacenth, my best guess for her other scumread might be LmkGuy who didn't exactly answer Galagya's question. But I'm not confident with that answer cause personally that's kind of a weak reason.

I still think she's scumreading Oacenth for reasons I stated above though.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 65, Oacenth wrote:@goodmorning:
Why do you feel it is necessary to point out that you didnt have a RV in ?

Also Im not sure if its because im new, but Im not quite sure why it is a clue and why it is important? Can you please explain?
Because I DID have a VOTE. (But not a RANDOM one.)
In post 66, platinum_fleece wrote:@goodmorning: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you scumreaded her because you didn't like the fact that she'd rather wait to see what people say instead of asking questions and generating discussions herself. Am I on the right track?
Sort of. My initial scumread was based on her coming in and saying exactly what the people above her said. Currently I also don't like the small amount of meaningful content. That could all just be Newbie uncertainty, though.
In post 67, SkiddishRaddish wrote:If Oacenth is a correct guess that still leaves another mafioso and unstated scumread. It's too early to get proper reads on people, but I were to suggest a pair for Oacenth at this point I would think it's maybe Dongempire. Oacenth started her random vote saying
And
That's actually kind of interesting, but it's a little early for associatives before flips. Also DE's not the second scumread.
In post 68, platinum_fleece wrote:Assuming my train of thought about why she would scumread Oacenth, my best guess for her other scumread might be LmkGuy who didn't exactly answer Galagya's question. But I'm not confident with that answer cause personally that's kind of a weak reason.
I do have some slight weirdfeels on Lmk but not enough to call him a scumread, or even half of one really.

--

I also want to hear what all of your reads are, let's not get too wrapped up in mine!

platinum_fleece
platinum_fleece
Townie
platinum_fleece
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:15 pm

@goodmorning (and I guess everyone too)

I've got some reads. Unfortunately, they're not on everyone since not everyone's given some decent info based on their posts.

kuror0
: Still think that intent of starting an early bandwagon is a bad idea. He did say that it was for starting a discussion, (and, in a way, it kind of worked), but there are ways to start discussions without starting an early wagon.

Oacenth
: I feel like most of her posts that are a bit confused about the game can be summed up to being a newbie.

goodmorning
: Okay, I know that you say that guessing why you read people is good because it gets town to think, but I still think telling your reads (and information in general) is always good for town, since mafia already has all the info. We can also read people based on reactions to your reads, too. So I feel like withholding the info is not really pro-town.

While I'm on the topic of reads,

@goodmorning: I feel like you're reading nmeg as town because of his active questioning. It can't be because he analyzed your post, since you said that effort doesn't indicate alignment. Am I correct in that guessing?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by goodmorning »

@platinum: You're not wrong; I typically encourage people to share all their reads all the time. That said, I mentioned this particular quirk of mine in answer to Galagya (): "Expect me to be a little reticent early D1."
I mean, do as I say, not as I do?

One thing to remember as we progress: "pro-Town" and "anti-Town" don't correlate super well with "Town" and "Scum".

RE: nmego: It's a tiny bit the effort, at least early in the game when there's nothing else to go on, but mostly it's their perspective on the game that's given me the townread. Also the paranoia. There's some decent-looking paranoia there.

Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 54, Oacenth wrote:Hey sorry for not posting guys, I havent really got any ideas on any reads yet, so Im unsure on what to post.

No one has found anything strange, and you dont have any rights to just lean back and ask people to find scum while you sit there doing nothing
In post 55, kuror0 wrote:@Dongempire why would you think you are playing fluffy? you had 3 posts before you said gm was reading you as scum because "you play fluffy". of those 3 posts 1 was the rvs with no additional info. the second was to unvote because you thought Oacenth was at L-1 and the third was to clarify your mistake thinking she was at L-1 when she wasn't. So i really wonder what makes you think people can scumread you so fast with those posts you had.
It was a kind of nonchalant response i made there, i wasnt thinking and just spouted what came to my mind first because well, im not loved by the town most of the time. And also isnt that the definition of fluffy
In post 64, goodmorning wrote: I like that I actually POINTED OUT THE CLUE and still nobody's at all interested. You shouldn't just be interested in what I think, you should be interested in
why I think it
Okay, we know that you think nmego is town because of his active scumhunting
Maybe you had read kuror0 scummy because of his wishy washy responses to platinum,
and in exchange townread platinum for questioning kuror and actively partaking in the town game.
In post 67, SkiddishRaddish wrote: If Oacenth is a correct guess that still leaves another mafioso and unstated scumread. It's too early to get proper reads on people, but I were to suggest a pair for Oacenth at this point I would think it's maybe Dongempire. Oacenth started her random vote saying
And
, [voteDongempire[/vote]
1- random vote
2- i already clarified that i saw the mods little note (the font was small, forgive me.) after posting it, its the next post in fact
3- im town
In post 70, platinum_fleece wrote:@goodmorning (and I guess everyone too)

I've got some reads. Unfortunately, they're not on everyone since not everyone's given some decent info based on their posts.
Well, any reads on people would be appreciated i guess.

kuror0
: Still think that intent of starting an early bandwagon is a bad idea. He did say that it was for starting a discussion, (and, in a way, it kind of worked), but there are ways to start discussions without starting an early wagon.
I'd agree with you here, but i doubt he had any intent to lynch her anyways, maybe he was just becoming suspicious by "feeling", and placed that vote to get peoples thoughts together. We'll have to ask him.

Oacenth
: I feel like most of her posts that are a bit confused about the game can be summed up to being a newbie.
Not a bit confused, a bit "im lazy do my thing lads" lean-back attitude.

goodmorning
: Okay, I know that you say that guessing why you read people is good because it gets town to think, but I still think telling your reads (and information in general) is always good for town, since mafia already has all the info. We can also read people based on reactions to your reads, too. So I feel like withholding the info is not really pro-town.

I really dont know what to comment, nothing came to mind xd

While I'm on the topic of reads,

@goodmorning: I feel like you're reading nmeg as town because of his active questioning. It can't be because he analyzed your post, since you said that effort doesn't indicate alignment. Am I correct in that guessing?
and she confirmed yada yada useless posts im done goodbye lads see ya tomorrow
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Post by Galagya »

I literally just woke up, so I apologize if I'm a bit... durpy.

Caught up, & I initially feel there are two people I'd like to address:
Oacenth
&
goodmorning

First off,
Oacenth
... I do agree with the general consensus that you should contribute more. There's of course only two options to explain your behavior: you're new & apprehensive town, or(the more likely imho, if only by a fraction of a percent) you're new & self-conscious scum. I personally get a null vibe at first, but when I begin to think critically about your reasons, I do feel it's more scummy not to say anything. & this is my own personal feeling on it; it's not a matter of going "by the book" & assuming not saying as much is auto-scum(after all, it's not, & the very concept of "tells" & the like is, for the most part, inconsequential since it's always going to be a case-by-case situation when it boils down to it... seriously I am not sold on a single tell outside of LaL). It's more that, if given the choice, there's no good reason to choose to sit back and wait. It literally benefits nobody, I think, except scum. It means one less pair of eyes on things to catch stuff others are missing, one less mind put forth to aid in the power of our critical thinking, and one less person with an opinion to stack up or against others. It's disadvantageous to the town, no matter how you slice it.

If you say, well, the person is trying to lay low coz they're a power role, I'd disagree. I mean, a PR may choose do that, but they'd only ultimately draw more attention to themselves if they did this from the start(as evidenced by what is literally going on right now - people voicing their concerns over your activity level)... plus a PR is still town and shouldn't be excluded from the responsibility to find & hang scum during the day.
You could also say, oh, this person is simply new and lost and is afraid to talk should they misstep and get hanged even as an innocent... to which I'd argue that it's better to get things moving and certainly die(even though it's not certain, but again just going by their fears, here) than to not contribute and still potentially die(thereby leaving the game having helped nothing, only hurting your chances of winning as town... remember: always play to win).
Lastly, you may argue this person is just a quiet/shy person naturally, so more shouldn't be expected out of them, which I'd respond to with: you're playing the wrong game. Either change yourself, or change what games you participate in.

I do not mean to be harsh, & am only encouraging you to speak up more! I hope you do.

Moving on, I'll address your post on mystery reads,
goodmorning
- why not?

Honestly, & I realize this is probably completely stupid, but I was initially thinking your 4 had to do with the content of the post itself. That is, there were the names of people in your post, that you quoted when responding to them. My guess was initially that those were your reads. Yeah that's only 3 - I got the 4th from your vote on
Oacenth
at the time. Now, though, I'm not so sure... with your tone it seems that I may well be quite wrong & just wandering off in a different direction entirely than what you had intended.

Still, just gonna make it clear for the record: I initially guessed your reads were
Oacenth
, myself,
kuror0
, and
SkiddishRaddish

The numbers fit right & I thought it was a possibility. However, particularly after rereading the post's content, I doubt it's the case... mainly because your response to
SkiddishRaddish
was entirely an IC reply, haha. Oops.

Since then it'd been made obvious that I was at least a bit correct, though. You actually were straight up about it in your initial post & I did catch that, but you also continued to point it out - score 1!

So your confirmed reads are
Oacenth
for scum,
Nmego
for town, and... ????

Anyway... my brain died. Uh. I'll post more later, then, I guess.

Oh & for the record, I have no particularly strong reads, but a lot of little "feelings" here or there, sometimes conflicting. But I guess that's to be expected.
Oacenth
Oacenth
Townie
Oacenth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Oacenth »

I can honestly say, I completely understand everyones reasoning for thinking I am scum (which im not). I am just just new to the game and I now understand the importance of being more active so I shall try to be. I just find that if im am not confident with anything I find out of place then I dont mention it, but now I will, no matter how it makes me look. As Galagy said I should play to win.
Im going to start with rereading the thread.

So far I feel like all
Dongempire
has done is make statements, no of which have been what I feel to be actively scumhunting.
As I had said before I am reading
Nmego
as town because of his effort put into analysing goodmorning's post. But I feel like that is all they have done, Im starting to doubt my read as it could just be an attempt to figure out the reads to see what he is being read as himself. I guess I will become more sure as they post more.
I feel like
Lmkguy
has not posted enough and when he has posted there hasnt really been any useful content to them and I find that rather scummy.
I am leaning towards a town read on
Kuror0
because they also seem to actively scumhunting with everything they post having at least one question for someone.
So far
SkiddishRaddish
has made statements or answered questions and not seemed to be very active.

Overall I'd like to see more hunting from Lmkguy and skiddishraddish and some more helpful responses from Dongempire and some actual hunting.

@goodmorning:
You say your vote was not random, but when you had voted in I had only introduced myself and no one had really started any conversations yet. So how did you find what I had said in post scummy? And I would still like to see some proper explanations for your reads.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”