Newbie 1747 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by rb »

Lol.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by rb »

Already have 3 townreads, what an ez game.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by rb »

In post 29, Hermie wrote:Scum is careful voting.. scum as a general rule doesn't want to Lynch town because of the possible repercussions...
That's what scum would say.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by rb »

Misa, PP and Thor are town.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by rb »

I'm scared.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by rb »

Yes I'm scared.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Post by rb »

In post 40, MisaTange wrote:...says the person who seemed to advocate for a lynch aggressively on a player who did nothing and ignoring my fos posts on you. I get it now that it was a RvS vote now, but my points still stay the same. Though I will say if he continues to fluff, I will have my fos on rb.
FoS is useless. Don't do that.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by rb »

In post 41, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 38, Hermie wrote:It is interesting that for all you say I look scummy you haven't voted me... Not a very townie move according to some....
In post 35, Hermie wrote:It's a proven fact... Anyway rb is active now.. VOTE: creeps20 he is from the supercell forums and is super active most of the time... More then me even...
I was asleep. Anyways I know hermies maf style much more than anyone else on any forums. I would say he his VTL on me is worrying to say the least. He always acts scrummy and I am always the one who pays down the proof. With me gone he can win much easier
From what I can tell Hermie is like lynchbait extraordinaire. Half the town already hates the dude. We'll be fine.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by rb »

In post 32, MisaTange wrote:The vote reasons on actually feels like a joke, while I feel like Hermie is actually pushing it (doing the proper format for intent to hammer, pushing others to vote for his target, and badly rationalizing for the lynch "he is stalling") with thru .

P-Edit: Even lynching your scumpartner has repercussions. Assuming WE lynch scum today, a 7v2 today (and 2 mls needed to win) turns into 6v1 tomorrow (and 3 mls needed to win). You may argue that newbscum won't attract attention to themselves within actually 24 hours of the thread starting, but that ends up into circular WIFOM.

P-Edit v2: Who are your townreads so far, rb?
This is a good post.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by rb »

Oh before I forget to ask:

How is having 3 townreads in 2 pages fluff? That's the epitome of getting shit done. I've narrowed the 2 scum into a pool of 5 players - what have you done?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:26 am

Post by rb »

In post 48, Hermie wrote:Hey creeps! @thor I'm just waiting till rb is l-1.. he is very fluffy so far...
How am I fluffy?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:29 am

Post by rb »

In post 59, Aelin wrote:? The reason why I haven't said much is because I'm not sure what to say.
You were very quick to say that I MUST be scum and there is no other possibility
Say what you think. That's usually a good starting point. VOTE: Aelin
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:30 am

Post by rb »

Also if Hermie has played mafia before why is he asking me to explain townreads on Day 1?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:34 am

Post by rb »

Also Hermie why would you discredit my ability? Being sarcastic about my ability to read isn't very smart if you're town - my reads are good, I've picked entire scumteams in more than half of my town games so far.

RVS is pretty close to over, so anyone not voting me for legitimate reasons should now unvote as I'm town. Thanks.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by rb »

What's the significant evidence against me again?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by rb »

Persephone is town.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by rb »

I want it to be noted that the person accusing me of fluffposting has so far been the master and commander of the fluff brigade and that's really annoying.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by rb »

I actually think it's super crappy when people link games of themselves unrequested. The sole purpose is to try and force a townread based on 'look I'm similar' or 'look I'm different'.

It's a play that only bad town and scum need to make. I haven't decided what I think Hermie is yet.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by rb »

No I'm attacking the play of unprompted game linking.

The person attacking a player is you: implying that I should have learnt "quite young".

Stop with the misrepping bullshit already.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by rb »

Hehe yeah you're really sure I'm scum and there's significant evidence but you can't actually define any. Cool bro.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by rb »

Not voting Misa today.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by rb »

I just want to also point out to the town players that a good early game isn't about suspicions or thoughts, but mostly about conclusions and questions about those conclusions.

It doesn't matter if you miss the target, it matters that you shoot at it. Please don't be afraid to shoot because you're scared to miss. Inactive towns really suck for everyone, so be a hero, be active and shoot. A lot of new players play unsure and scared and just wither in middle-ground misery. Don't be that player.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Post by rb »

Oh right Misa, I just understood your point.

No, townreading is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm saying that linking games so readily and when not even prompted is what bad town or scum do because they're fishing for some people to give them a townread. Hermie's either being a bad town player right now or he's scum. His tunnel on me is almost comically bad so I can't really decide which.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by rb »

As in, good town players don't need to pre-emptively link games and say: "yo, I'm like this guys, don't shoot me!!!"
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:54 am

Post by rb »

Thor are you seriously insisting that the post by Hermie in 50 is a 'case'?

It's just crap shade throwing. Making a big quote wall, responding to it with, "fluff. Fluff. Fluff. That's what scum would say. Fluff. I think ur scum. Ur being fluffy."

My lack of response to that piece of crap is the only proper response, as I don't encourage crap play - hence why I also pointed out one way I think town should try and play when 'stuck' in early game.

Honestly how can you actually expect anyone to respond to a 'case' that amounts to:

- "you are fluffy" (from the poster in the game who has done nothing but tunnel on town)
- "you didn't vote at some arbitrary point I think you should have" - no less on page fucking 1 in blatant RVS period where I was also postinf while at work
- does nothing but tunnel like a shitter

I tend to cut slack on player's like this in Newbies because well, it's a Newbie and I try to steer them toward approaching mafia in a manner that will work both in the current game and also generally. But if the IC is going to condone playing terrible and even condone Hermie's worthless shade throwing (worthless because all he does is repeat the same thing over and over, it's FAKE activity and FAKE effort) which actually STALLS town discussion by returning it over and over to a meaningless and totally vague thing with zero substance, that he refuses to support with any tangie evidence.

"Fluffy"
"Significant evidence"

Dodges the question as to what he means and what evidence. Then the IC gives him a gold star. Nope, that doesn't fly.

VOTE: Hermie
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:56 am

Post by rb »

This post came to you from 1am poop run, please excuse the grammar and spelling of my phone ragepost.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:58 am

Post by rb »

Oh and you can pretty easily see that Hermie is literally throwing shade and making no effort at legitimately sorting the game. Every single player is being suspect in his eyes and he's seemingly not capable of differentiating between good and bad posts.

Not town.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 am

Post by rb »

In post 118, Hermie wrote:I am at work and will respond more at break time... First off tho... I AM NOT THROWING SHADE. I worry that that is the conclusion you got... I am out and out accusing you of being a mafia... Throwing shade is suggesting someone might be mafia... I am accusing you of being mafia...

Secondly can you please explain to me why town should suddenly decide the "town rea"d someone? It is never for for towns best interest to take someone as confirmed town unless there is proof to back it up with... Some mafia players are masters of bullshit and will appear very townie...why write someone off as townie based on the tone of 3 posts??????????????
I've picked entire scumteams just by finding who is town and what the most unlikely scumteams are. The players left are the likely scum and scumteams.

This is something many good town players will do because finding 3-4 town in a 9 player game means you're closer to finding scum. Endless paranoia isn't how you win as town. Finding town and co-operating with town is one of the strongest ways to play.

Knowing how to find town means you spend less time attacking your allies and more time pressuring scum. Don't lecture me on the "masters of bullshit" - I'm a good player, Iynch and find many scum and yes I frequently get earlygame townreads based on a small number of posts. Just like you've been saying I'm scum since page 1 - in fact this is almost worse because thinking you could catch me if I was scum that early is laughable.

Whether you like it or not, there are two possibilities right now.

1. You're town and not good enough to understand how much better of a town player I am than you.
2. You're scum and doing lazy tunneling.

You are contributing absolutely nothing of value. If you are town, stop it.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 am

Post by rb »

In post 133, MisaTange wrote:
Thor665 wrote: There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
How do you justify getting a town read from that?
I think it's either 1. me badly rationalizing a town gutread or 2. feeling that persephone's overly cautious nature is newbtown

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Hermie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

Hermie, what's your stance/reads as of now? Note that townreads doesn't necessarily mean "confirmed town" (in my previous game, I early-townread a person that ended up being scum, and I admitted I was wrong in the early stages of day 2). Who's been giving off townvibes? Who's been giving off scumvibes? It's okay to have nullreads btw, and it's okay to scumread the most protown people.

P-Edit: Also, Hermie, creeps: What tone do you think newbscum/newbtown will come off as? "Unusual" or "natural"? Are your latest games even a good comparison to this environment? (with a very very small town, newbies-majority with a couple of people who've played games on the same site before, and one that's supposed to be teaching the newbies)
Giving reasons for townreads this early is incredibly stupid.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:01 am

Post by rb »

In post 152, Hermie wrote:Anyway I don't think rb will be a mislynch if we were on the sc forums he would be hammered by now
Must be a lot of shit players there then.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:23 am

Post by rb »

If you think the only way to play early game is to form conclusions about who is scum, you'd be wrong. That you think the way I'm playing is "bad" is just ridiculous.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:25 am

Post by rb »

Anyway I can't be bothered continuing to argue with a player I think is likely to be scum and if not scum, then a nauseatingly bad town player. Going to focus on more meaningful stuff, and we can lynch Hermie whenever.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:27 am

Post by rb »

Aelin if you had to pick 2 town, who would it be?
If you had to pick 2 scum, who would it be?

If you're unsure it's fine, just answer the question as if you had a gun to your head or something. It's fine to be wrong, but it's not fine to be a non-contributor.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:30 am

Post by rb »

In post 126, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 125, Hermie wrote:Creeps is acting unnatural. Currently rb is far more suspicious tho..
Hermie remember the latest game we played? The most unusual was town and the least was maf
I'm just going to request for the sake of simplicity that you two stop referencing meta from other sites and using anecdotes from that. It'd be much better if you just stuck to this game/general mafia theory.

I think your point is: weird doesn't mean scum. Yes?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by rb »

It triggers you that I don't care about RVS pressure? Lolwat.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by rb »

In post 167, Hermie wrote:
In post 165, rb wrote:Aelin if you had to pick 2 town, who would it be?
If you had to pick 2 scum, who would it be?

If you're unsure it's fine, just answer the question as if you had a gun to your head or something. It's fine to be wrong, but it's not fine to be a non-contributor.

And added to the list of rbs town constructions! He asked aelin 2 questions after Thor has asked a whole list and got no response
Big lists can be intimidating. Two very easy questions can help new players contribute and get into the flow of the game. The goal is to get everyone contributing. I couldn't care less if someone made a whole list and got no response - I intend to keep encouraging other slots to contribute.

If you were town, why would you not like this?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by rb »

In post 176, MisaTange wrote:
In post 155, Creeps20 wrote:Since we have no questions to answer and everything we can has been brought up i thought I would mention that in my first ever game I was accused of playing here. Well yeah that is self explanatory
I actually kind of find this post weird, but probably because I believe town should talk talk talk.
Yes it's a bad post.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by rb »

In post 177, persephone325 wrote:1) Aelin
2) Creeps20
3) Hermie
4) MisaTange
5) PenguinPower [SE]
6) rb [SE]
7) sinkongoreng
8) Thor665 [IC]

Original Roll String: 1d8 (STATIC)
1 8-Sided Dice: (8) = 8
Lol, the list is the exact same order as the one in the OP. Dice fail.

Also, what's the point of this? :/
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:38 am

Post by rb »

Thor I'd answer your question but we fundamentally disagree about whether post 50 is purely worthless shade throwing or not. You want me to 'respond' to a case that is just a bunch of one liners. That's not a case, anyone can do that.

Also as mentioned, it's not productive to argue with scum or bad town players. It just derails useful discussion. What I want you to do is outline how post 50 is supposedly the product of critical thought and not just shitty shade-throwing.

My god I can't stand it when the IC is illogical and lost.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:39 am

Post by rb »

Response to accusations of me being fluffy:

Use your brain and read my ISO, then use brain to realise how not-fluff my posts actually are. Thx.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #40) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:41 am

Post by rb »

Also lol @ creeps 'scumtell' on me, I missed that gem.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:51 am

Post by rb »

Oh right about why I'm not voting you.

Because you're probably town for your posts up to and including 112. I don't explain early game townreads, deal with it. And yes, I think some of the things you said were utterly worthless but I have no doubt you're a good player. Being IC doesn't make people immune to missing info or doing dumb stuff.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (isolation #42) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by rb »

So Thor, do you think me being pissed off at shit players in my games is scummy?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by rb »

Because right now you're apparently happy with your vote on me not because you think I'm scummy but because you (mistakenly) think I'm not being consistent with what I say and do, which isn't actually the case. When someone is constantly throwing shade at you, pointing this simple fact out does not also constitute throwing shade.

I'm _responding_ to Hermie's incessant shade-throwing at me, and the _FACT_ that he is barely interacting with anyone else or making any other kind of relevant contributions to the game. This is an undeniable _FACT_. He is making _ZERO_ effort to actually sort alignments, he's just tunneling on me. Read his ISO, you will see that I'm 100% correct. I am not making up stupid bullshit ideas to try and make it look like Hermie is being fluffy and not contributing - this is an ACTUAL FACT.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by rb »

And yes, the fact that both of you are tunneling on me when I'm town, makes it abundantly obvious that you are indeed, lost. This isn't shade, it's a fact.

Also, if you're happy with your vote on me because you dislike my play: unvote. If you're happy with your vote oon me because you think I'm scum, state why.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by rb »

I don't know if you actually understand that context is paramount to sound logic and you're completely misunderstanding the context of many of my posts. I think you're town though, so I'll just ignore you and hope you stop derptunneling on me when I'm obvtown.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by rb »

Actually I really cbf carrying such an awful town.

@Zaicon, replace me out.

I'm Vanilla Town. Bye. Blacklisting Hermie for having less IQ points than birthdays.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”