Newbie 1449: Return of the Van [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

WBO was lynched, he was the town cop etc.

Mafia win.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Well done, Tris and Hayato!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Trisania »

Yaaaaay!
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 676, fferyllt wrote:Well done, Tris and Hayato!
How did you know it was hayato?
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Post by fferyllt »

because he counterclaimed WDO.

Idic
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Yaaaayyy!!!! :cop:
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Well done Tris. :D

Be honest. Did you thought I made a mistake with the targets of investigation?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Yes.

Well played scum.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 676, fferyllt wrote:Well done, Tris and Hayato!
Thanks fferyllt! & thanks for suspecting me on D2.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Me? yeah that looked faked.

And there were a couple other minor pings, which I mentioned when I noticed them. But the overall noise from town players covered you well.

Idic
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 682, Grimgroove wrote:Yes.

Well played scum.
I think if you hadn't rush that vote on me, things could have been different.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 681, hayatoBL wrote:Well done Tris. :D

Be honest. Did you thought I made a mistake with the targets of investigation?
No. To be honest, your constant questioning of people and you tunnelling me is a pretty good excuse for fake-claiming cop.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 685, hayatoBL wrote:

Well played scum.
I didn't rush. In normal circumstances, the thing I pointed out is considered a scumslip and it's no use to wait with voting then.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 687, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 685, hayatoBL wrote:

Well played scum.
I didn't rush. In normal circumstances, the thing I pointed out is considered a scumslip and it's no use to wait with voting then.
But there's no point in rushing your vote, right? You could have waited for my explanation before voting me. Your rush vote shows that you forgot about a Tris-WBO team. And that kinda confirmed SD that WBO-Grim is the scum team.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/wZr7aJ4Jvih

If anyone's interested. Tris accurately guessed WBO having cop, but we went with fferyllt anyway.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 688, hayatoBL wrote:But there's no point in rushing your vote, right? You could have waited for my explanation before voting me. Your rush vote shows that you forgot about a Tris-WBO team.
I didn't forget it. I ruled it out because of your confscum status due to the slip.
I don't see the point in explaining this further at this point. Enjoy your victory.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:35 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Well there's a first for everything, first time voted wrong in lylo. :(

Pretty disappointed, my initial post d3 with strike out showed I was already suspicious of WBO's claim, he came out of the block too fast and sounded planned. The Doc claim just helped point to this. Then Grim came in, posted his speculation and only hours after placed his post and decided to argue. WBO's involvement in the thread showed why he was PR still alive in lylo.

You were also not playing anything like in this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5369798 Grim. For someone pestering me to not ignore teams, you added nothing to why Tris could be scum, which was the only logical conclusion fypov if I was town and Hayato was scum. then you voted quickly. Also it can't be considered a straight up slip especially since you IGNORED his interactions with Ffery as well, you can't just post a quote and say it's black n white. All it does it make you look like you had your mind made up so quickly, thus distrusting you. That case wasn't anywhere near convincing enough, if you were putting more suspicion onto Tris, I wouldn't be thinking you were just setting it all up for a Haya/SD team, which FMPOV was wrong - and why would town be doing that?

Well done to the scum team, you tunnelled each other exceedingly well. Glad I did put that vote on at the end of day 2 at least :D

Maybe the day would have been different if we didn't have a constant lurker in the game too.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:48 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 691, SafetyDance wrote:Well there's a first for everything, first time voted wrong in lylo. :(

Pretty disappointed, my initial post d3 with strike out showed I was already suspicious of WBO's claim, he came out of the block too fast and sounded planned. The Doc claim just helped point to this. Then Grim came in, posted his speculation and only hours after placed his post and decided to argue. WBO's involvement in the thread showed why he was PR still alive in lylo.

You were also not playing anything like in this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5369798 Grim. For someone pestering me to not ignore teams, you added nothing to why Tris could be scum, which was the only logical conclusion fypov if I was town and Hayato was scum. then you voted quickly. Also it can't be considered a straight up slip especially since you IGNORED his interactions with Ffery as well, you can't just post a quote and say it's black n white. All it does it make you look like you had your mind made up so quickly, thus distrusting you. That case wasn't anywhere near convincing enough, if you were putting more suspicion onto Tris, I wouldn't be thinking you were just setting it all up for a Haya/SD team, which FMPOV was wrong - and why would town be doing that?

Well done to the scum team, you tunnelled each other exceedingly well. Glad I did put that vote on at the end of day 2 at least :D

Maybe the day would have been different if we didn't have a constant lurker in the game too.

Thanks SD. And I'm very happy to be the first one to make you vote wrongly in lylo. :wink: . That is my biggest achievement in MS so far.

I was very surprised to see Grim voting me. I was expecting the both of you to see my "investigation-slip" either as the truth or as a trap. I expected that both of you will discuss about it and hopefully one of you will believe my cop-claim. But, I never foresaw Grim thinking that as a slip. If both of you saw that as a slip, then I have made a very silly gambit. Luckily for scum, you thought hard about it and considered the possibility, that I was WIFOMing as cop.

Of course, our victory wouldn't be certain, if it isn't for some town-issues. ZF's quickhammer and NS playing lurky contributes greatly in bringing scum to D3. Without them, maybe we wouldn't have survived this long. I still wonder why the two of them did that.

WBO who KNEW I was scum stood aside and let the two other towns do the arguing. If he had been actively helping, it might be different. He was just plain lazy.

Anyways, I had my fun. Now is the time to try a different game. I'm going for a Normal game. Let's register and have more fun... :)
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 am

Post by Trisania »

Thanks for trusting me, SD! I was very surprised when you did a 180 and suddenly town-read me. I was actually worried you'd push for my lynch on D3 after being unsuccessful at it on D2. :)

Thanks for being a great scum partner, hayato. Your walls earned you a town read so much that town never considered us being partners.

I hope to play with all of you again!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Nobody Special »

:oops:

Spoiler: Oops
This is me hanging my head in shame. I acted very poorly for an IC, especially as a
replacement
IC. I'm not going to make excuses; my activity here was less than even my 'normal' lurky behavior. Thanksgiving weekend happened, and I just never was able to catch up or even post anything of substance. It snowballed, and I just faded away. I feel very badly for what I did. I will note, though, that even through the endgame, I
still
suspected WBO; therefore, even if I had been around to participate, I wouldn't have done town much good. :(
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

Finally read the scum QT. I was hoping to make you guys think I could be a PR! I wasn't unhappy to be the n2 kill. But, I'd hoped that town would be able to figure out the claims.

I thought hayato's claim looked super-fake compared to WDO. But, I would probably have picked SD as hayato's partner rather than Tris at that point.

The reason I walked back my suspicion of WDO near the end of day 3 was because I suddenly facepalmed when I realized that his day 1 super-prickliness and excuses could be newb-PR. That was a really bad call on my part. Though I was right about the entanglements with Zipper. Just had the wrong entanglement sorted as the scummy one.

Idic
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:16 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Well sure Tris, I would have suspected you more, expect we had the claims and as I said, the actions afterwards made it (to me) look impossible. A Tris-Haya team already looked implausible to me beforehand because of your actions and tunnelling each other. Sure #494 looks bad, but that's with hindsight and I don't think would have mattered in game unless we had no prs and lynched hayato first. Perhaps things could have been looked in isolation but the problem there is you have to ignore that there were two scum alive, not 1 and that means figuring out who teams with who. After Grim voted I could see no way out other than how it eventuated. Sure I could have taken Grim's advice to step back but what would have been accomplished? It was coming from a guy who speed-voted himself with an air of arrogance of knowing the setup.

Hayato, I'm pleased you feel that way but I don't see myself as a grand player, only made it to lylo as town 4 times, can't say I've been particularly special. Scum tunnelling each other working out was interesting, not really seen it before but it has the bonus of if it works then it leaves town to argue with town and focus on others. Not entirely bad...

I thought WBOs claim was bad before the counterclaim, the fact he disappeared too, and then there were the counter-claims.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

Yeah but hayato's counterclaims did NOT match his in-thread play. And WDO's did. That's a huge hell-no to me because especially newbscum don't usually set up a fake claim well from the start of the game, and also aren't that great at picking through their earlier stances to piece togather a narrative after the fact.

Idic
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:50 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 549, fferyllt wrote:I'll also say that with less than 2 days to deadline, I feel like if NS is scum he could be waiting it out before posting (and maybe fake-claiming) so that town doesn't have a lot of time to consider what to do.
In post 249, Grimgroove wrote:Also, let me tell you right now: Nobody Special lurks.
I guess his quest as an IC is to make people familiar with the concept of a lurker. Not perfectly sure how that is helpful, but that's what you'll be getting. His promise of catching up "in the late afternoon" and then dissappearing for a couple of days is perfectly normal behavior in his case and a null-tell. Good luck figuring that one out but when you find yourself at a loss of clear scumreads it's Always a good idea to put your vote behind his name.
Even as scum, I can be very paranoid. These two posts for instance.. I read it and thought that it was a trap. Tell me, was it really you giving your opinion or did you post that with the intention to see how people would react to it.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:58 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 697, fferyllt wrote:Yeah but hayato's counterclaims did NOT match his in-thread play. And WDO's did. That's a huge hell-no to me because especially newbscum don't usually set up a fake claim well from the start of the game, and also aren't that great at
picking through their earlier stances to piece togather a narrative after the fact
But I was doing just that. I realized that I have failed to provide suspicions towards you on D2. So, I pretended to have fabricated suspicion towards you. So, basically, I faked being a cop, who "had an 'innocent' investigation on you and was forced to provide suspicions when you promted me to do so in order to survive the day".

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”