Newbie 1459: The Price is... Wrong? (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 4-6

With 4 alive, it will take 3 votes to lynch or no-lynch.

Nachomamma8 (2): Huntress, Hardy (L-1)

Huntress (1): Nachomamma8 (L-2)

Not Voting (1): Lowercase

Deadline is (expired on 2014-02-11 02:05:51)
Last edited by Cabd on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Lowercase »

Are you posting from a phone or sth? For the record, I mostly was asking to figure out if I support your reasoning.

One thing I thought was a little weird day one was your interaction with Om. Om seemed (even at the time) like he was posturing in order to gain support for some lynch. What I can't decide though is whether or not he was worried about your Huntress vote.

One thing I was thinking is that with a claimed tracker and an unknown secondary PR, it would be tantamount to suicide to allow your buddy to get lynched on day one. This would suggest that Om's push on Fish may have been an attempt to preempt a Huntress wagon. Part of the reason I think this is that the push on Fish looked a little artificial to me in retrospect (to be honest, I hadn't any of the day one walls thoroughly until today).

What I can't get over though, is that I don't really understand your shift to fish. Anyway, that's sort of where I am right now.

Anyway, I'm reading a town Nacho game and will be looking through a huntress game next.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Lowercase »

Man, I need to work on my redundant phrasing.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Lowercase »

EBWOP: I hadn't *read* any of the day one walls.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

No, but I am trying to hold several games in my head at once as I catch up on all of them so if my thought process is in fragments, that's why.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 626, Lowercase wrote:One thing I thought was a little weird day one was your interaction with Om.
What was weird about it?
Also, what don't you understand about my Formerfish push?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Lowercase »

Eh, just seemed a little unprompted. You said you wanted Huntress gone, then switched to fish, who was your third scumspect at the time. Imo, Fish shouldn't have been on the plate simply because he was a potentially useful high-volume poster in possibly the lurkiest town ever.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Lowercase »

Plate? did I mean slate? Or list?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 631, Lowercase wrote:Imo, Fish shouldn't have been on the plate simply because he was a potentially useful high-volume poster in possibly the lurkiest town ever.
I don't believe in things like this.
You shouldn't either.

Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Lowercase »

Idk, I think not lynching fish was a pretty solid decision.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Lowercase »

But that's a fine answer I suppose.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Lowercase »

I'm not really convinced either way on the nacho-huntress question still. I must be the worst conftown ever. :<

Hardy, if your scum, just claim please. I'm not going to vote you so we could just call it your win.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Lowercase »

EBWOP: *you're
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

all you gotta do is be patient and analyze as a conftown, you're doing fine

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I've been doing a little reading and I feel a lot better about Huntress-scum! Case incoming.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And Lowercase I hope you were talking about being uncomfortable with Huntress's switch to Formerfish? Because that sucked; mine was perfectly OK and perfectly explained and didn't come when Om was under pressure.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 98, Huntress wrote:@ Nacho: ph is my only scum read at the moment. There are others I'm still mulling over and/or waiting to see their responses to posts. Basically, if someone's already queried something I'm not going to repeat that question but just wait and see how it pans out before following it up if I still need to.
I actually forgot about these exchanges, but I didn't like them then and I don't like them now. This was after a few pages of content had been generated, and Huntress's only read was a scumread on phok, who was arguably the easiest lynch at the time (and even if you don't believe him to be the easiest, you can at least acknowledge he was one of the easiest). Huntress claimed that everyone had already said everything she wanted to say and was just waiting for followup, but what follow up did Huntress find and follow up on? Nothing.
In post 131, Huntress wrote:It wasn't ph's lurking I was voting him for, more his first post, which read as buddying up to Nacho, or supporting a scum-buddy; particularly the phrase "effectively taking us out of RVS and getting the game going, which is the opposite of what the scum wants", the second part of which I don't think is particularly true. It may just be a difference of opinion but he was saying that something that I saw as anti-town, was pro-town.
This is the reason Huntress wants to vote phok near deadline: he was buddying up to me with his first post and she doesn't think scum wants to get the game going. This shows an absolute lack of investment in actually pushing that phok scumread; I think that I had more thoroughly developed scumreads than her at this point despite having nothing close to resembling a strong scumread. I don't think that Huntress as town would be happy with this as the best thing she could come up with for day 1.
In post 145, Huntress wrote:@ Nacho: Thanks for the reads. I find it interesting you mention scot as a suspect as he was the one I was thinking might be your scumpartner, if it's not ph .
Her case on me on this post is composed of absolutely nothing. And I'll admit I liked it at the time because I'm a masochist and love when people attack me since I'm not exactly an easy target, but this case sucked. One of her points is blaming me for the game starting slow, which is just :igmeou:. Another one of her points is was that I picked on her questions but somehow I was supposed to know that those questions made her town? Some how?
In post 178, Huntress wrote:TK/Om - TK was a null read. Om looks town
Check out this reads list! Huntress criticizes every single person with the sole exception of Om. She had Formerfish, Hardy, phok, and scot as possible scumreads, while she attacked krish for suspicions not making sense and not being engaged enough, she attacked lowercase for not responding to questions, and she made sure to air that she was still wary about me even though her suspicion level of me was lowered. What was so town about Om at that point?
In post 408, Huntress wrote:It's certainly an interesting pattern, although on closer examination some of those votes aren't so close together timewise as they first look. Nevertheless, krish could definitely do with some more votes on him.

Vote: krish
This was a flip on an earlier townread she had on krish for pretty much no reason.
Note that she's been questioning Om while sort of dismissing the krish case as the Om wagon grows.
In post 477, Huntress wrote:
Unvote:
Vote: Formerfish

I'd rather go back to this although I can see Mala as being his partner so I'm willing to switch if necessary.

@ Krish:
The unvotes don't mean you're excused from giving your reads. We need to know what you think and why.
And here she's happy to vote Formerfish and give lip service to Mala wagon, but no addressing the Om wagon at all? That's pretty fucking sketchy if you ask me.
In post 530, Huntress wrote:
It looks like Nacho will have to wait for tomorrow.
Out of Hardy and Mala I prefer lynching Hardy. Mala's been scum-reading Om all along and was the second on his wagon. I don't think that was bussing.

Unvote
Vote: Hardy

That's L-1.
Now normally when I see someone call something a scum slip I give them my scrunched up face and go "really?", but this is a special case. Huntress votes Hardy and puts him at L-1 to save Mala despite not having a townread on Hardy and despite not seeming particularly convinced of me-scum, yet acts like there's going to be a tomorrow. It doesn't make sense how quickly she compromised if she really felt I was the last scum, and it doesn't make sense for her to have her exchanges with me over hating Mala's case when her vote was on Hardy the whole time. It does make sense from Huntress-scum, though, who is in a safe position for the day and thus doesn't mind white knighting Mala in order to set up for my discredit the next day.
In post 574, Huntress wrote:As we're now in MYLO I'm not going to vote yet but at the moment I'm thinking the last scum is Nacho; mainly due to the last-minute switch to Om on Day two after trying and failing to set up a counterwagon on Mala, but I also thought he was twisting things a bit in his case on her - see 551.
This case is also dumb.
Why is it scummy that I compromised and lynched Om when I couldn't get my Mala wagon to go through? Is it because Om flipped scum? Because that makes absolutely no sense. You've also failed completely to show where I've twisted things in the Mala case; you have areas where you go "Mala didn't want to fight with Lowercase, she said so!" (why should I take her word for it?), "Why was Mala following my reads scummy?" (you ask why it's scummy, but I didn't twist shit), etc. Yes, I was horribly and laughably wrong about Mala, but I didn't twist anything in my case against her and you making it seem that way is scummy scummy scummy.

Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Hardy »

Unvote
. F me.
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:41 am

Post by Hardy »

Those posts are so tryhard that they are actually convincing. Them making a lot of sense also helps, lol.

@LC, I'm a townie ^^

I'd vote now but I prefer waiting for a reply from Huntress.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Lowercase »

It seems like there's no chance of a switch to Hardy, so I'm tempted to hammer test him.

pedit: I thought you were a townie before the day started. I just thought that nacho might have been overstating his read on you earlier in the game.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Lowercase »

I had thought that the nacho read in looked sketchy, but I never noticed the Om read.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Lowercase »

Yeah, that case looks like it adds up to me.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Huntress »

I'm going to have to reply to this lot in bits and pieces as I'm not sure how much time I will have to concentrate on it over the next two days. Weekends are not good for me with the family around all day.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 619, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 602, Huntress wrote:Were you meaning the way Mala narrowed her suspicions down to you and Hardy which you commented on in 542? Because I still don't see how that was scummy.
Mala had you as a suspect until you called out the Hardy/Nacho dual possibilities. It was scummy because the Hardy/Nacho dual possibilities was a possible path to victory, and she latched onto you and sort of egged you on. How do you not see my point there?
Mala had already been voting Hardy and had picked you out for possible scum for the last minute bus even before I did. All she did after that was drop her read on me that she had been indecisive on anyway. And how was she egging me on?
In post 619, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 602, Huntress wrote:And how does it compare with your post 599, following Lowercase's 597?
At that point, my top suspect flipped town when there was one scum left. That's a pretty dramatic game-changing sort of event while nothing of the sort occurred between Mala having you as a maybe scumread and Mala having you as a townread.
The situation was similar in that Om's lynch and flip had given new information which reduced the lynch pool and pointed to you as possible scum, which Mala noted in .
In post 619, Nachomamma8 wrote:What is your final case on me? That I was wrong on Mala and didn't vote Om quickly enough?
Nope. It was the bus and the misreps of Mala, some of which I pointed out and some of which Mala brought up. I explained why I was voting you in and .
In post 623, Nachomamma8 wrote:Hardy has been a hell of a lot more natural than Huntress has been this game,
Where have I not been natural? This sounds like a comment just thrown out make me look bad. Did you think I wouldn't challenge you on it? In fact, seeing as you're short of time to play why did you go to the trouble of making a case to prove Hardy was town when no one was interested in lynching him?

That's all I've had time for today. I'll reply to the rest tomorrow.
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Hardy »

In post 648, Huntress wrote: In fact, seeing as you're short of time to play why did you go to the trouble of making a case to prove Hardy was town when no one was interested in lynching him?
I actually thought that when he finished his first post. The first thing that came into my mind is that he wanted to win my favour. But not long after that he posted the 2nd part of his post so I was cool with it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”