Newbie 1459: The Price is... Wrong? (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by Huntress »

Hardly. That was a random vote placed before any posts had been made in this slot.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by Om »

And you're voting Ph out of your gut read over Nacho who is random voting you at page 6 which apparently continued from even before you subbed in?
Also, your post #123 tells me that you have stronger scum read on Nacho than Ph, did I miss something?
Evil sometimes wears pleasant face.
krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by krishnaman »

I also
vote nacho

according to yu guys we need lynch, and we are runnign out of time. he is on my supsicious list and he has a vote on him alreadt
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-9

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch or nolynch.

Hardy (1): lowercase (L-4)
krishnaman (1): Formerfish (L-4)
huntress (1): Nachomamma8 (L-4)
Formerfish (1): Hardy (L-4)
phokdapolees (2): Huntress, scotpgot (L-3)
Nachomamma8 (2): Om, krishnaman (L-3)

Players Not Voting (1): phokdapolees

Deadline is Two Weeks. This is in (expired on 2014-01-01 23:00:05)
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 126, Om wrote:And you're voting Ph out of your gut read over Nacho who is random voting you at page 6 which apparently continued from even before you subbed in?
Also, your post #123 tells me that you have stronger scum read on Nacho than Ph, did I miss something?
I said in that my read on Nacho was fairly weak so I don't know where you're getting that it was stronger than my ph read? Fairly weak overall that is, due to the fact that I actually have conflicting reads on him. A scum read for his lack of reads and votes, and a bit of a gut town read, but that in turn is countered by the fact that I think his early attention grabbing actually delayed the natural start of the game. That said, my read on ph isn't that much stronger so I would be fine on moving to Nacho if a ph lynch doesn't look likely.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:54 am

Post by Om »

@Huntress:
Not talking about the words, just the feel. Having any sort of actual read is better than having just initial gut scum read on known lurker.

Ph lurks the shit out of the game as either alignments, so it's bit difficult to grasp his play but looking at his posting so far he probably isn't scum. At least not worthy of D1 lynch.

Also,
In post 123, Huntress wrote:last sentence of Lowercase's post 28 is still niggling at me.
Whats exactly niggling you about it?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:43 am

Post by Huntress »

It wasn't ph's lurking I was voting him for, more his first post, which read as buddying up to Nacho, or supporting a scum-buddy; particularly the phrase "effectively taking us out of RVS and getting the game going, which is the opposite of what the scum wants", the second part of which I don't think is particularly true. It may just be a difference of opinion but he was saying that something that I saw as anti-town, was pro-town.
In post 130, Om wrote:Also,
In post 123, Huntress wrote:last sentence of Lowercase's post 28 is still niggling at me.
Whats exactly niggling you about it?
It didn't make sense as all krish had done was ask Nacho why he was voting him.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 12, Hardy wrote:Oh, I just noticed that I HAVE to double post, I can't edit. Makes sense though.

@Nacho his OP is more of what I'm used to see: randomness. I'm never ok with it (otw it ends up being a game of chance) but I'm personally not bothered by it considering it's just the OP.

Yours on the other hand... well, I've never seen anything like that, lol. A very calculative post for an OP, and you're explaining your future actions / procedures maybe too much.
In post 12, Hardy wrote:Oh, I just noticed that I HAVE to double post, I can't edit. Makes sense though.

@Nacho his OP is more of what I'm used to see: randomness. I'm never ok with it (otw it ends up being a game of chance) but I'm personally not bothered by it considering it's just the OP.

Yours on the other hand... well, I've never seen anything like that, lol. A very calculative post for an OP, and you're explaining your future actions / procedures maybe too much.
I liked show Hardy was uncomfortable with my opening, and I liked how his thought process progressed the more I pushed him and the "weirder" I played. He was the first player to start to push back against my play a little bit "not everything is about you", and I think his vote om Formerfish was actually pretty decent because Formerfish vote on Krishna was pretty weird. In the beginning, he was one of the more active posters (other than me), doesn't jump on things just because he found them strange and did manage to cobble together a decent scumread by the end of the day. That's why I have a townread on Hardy.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 60, Lowercase wrote:I've been having a lot of difficulty with this game. What with three lurkers and a dearth of townish posts, I've been kind of all over the board with reads. But from about his second post, I was pretty confident that krish is town. His posts are a little loopy, but I find it unlikely that new scum would have the gumption to ask town for a no lynch.

Is there any reason you are voting him other than just a response to OMGUS?
Lowercase was probably the most active, forces scumhunter of the game. He has a good handle on the gamestate (this post was a pretty solid summary of it), and I thought that being the first to pick up on krishna being town as hell despite "loopiness". I haven't found any push opportunistic, and I like that he was one of the more aggressive posters even while I wasn't necessarily being too vocal about my reads (and hey, look who was the first person to actually ask questions about those!).
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 122, Om wrote:Oh one more game with Nacho? That makes it 4 including the dud and surely one has to be scum in one out of 4 in newbie.

Vote:Nacho
Nope, still not scum. In fact, I'm actively town and probably will be night killed at the scum's first available opportunity, so I gotta ask why you would vote me :(

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 123, Huntress wrote:
@ Nacho:
Is there a reason you didn't reply to scot's post ? Or follow up post ?
In post 38, Nachomamma8 wrote:The questions change as the interaction advances, but "what do you think of me?" is a perfectly fine way to start out things. For example, I already have a pretty good townread on you that I'm likely to explain pretty soon, all from those questions.
When is "pretty soon"? As far as I can see you never did explain this. And what about your scum-reads? It's only four days to the deadline and we need to be getting some consensus, but despite all your activity you haven't given any indication who you might be willing to vote for.

My current scum reads are ph, for reasons previously mentioned; Nacho; and Hardy, a gut read fed by posts like and his couple of references to himself as being neutral also gave an odd vibe. The last two reads are fairly weak. The rest are null to town although the last sentence of Lowercase's post is still niggling at me.
I didn't reply to Scot's #27 because Lowercase already pointed out the question I wanted him to answer; ultimately, I did t follow up on the line of questioning because scot disappeared for a while after that point and I didn't find it fruitful to ask him a question that wasn't that important during a time when other things were happening.

I would like you or Scot to be lynched today, with a maybe backup scumread on Formerfish for pushing krishna for doing fairly classic new town moves and then getting lost in the world.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 129, Huntress wrote:
In post 126, Om wrote:And you're voting Ph out of your gut read over Nacho who is random voting you at page 6 which apparently continued from even before you subbed in?
I said in that my read on Nacho was fairly weak so I don't know where you're getting that it was stronger than my ph read? Fairly weak overall that is, due to the fact that I actually have conflicting reads on him. A scum read for his lack of reads and votes, and a bit of a gut town read, but that in turn is countered by the fact that I think his early attention grabbing actually delayed the natural start of the game. That said, my read on ph isn't that much stronger so I would be fine on moving to Nacho if a ph lynch doesn't look likely.
Do you think that it was "my early attention grabbing" that delayed the natural start of the game, or the site downtime and Christmas holiday that delayed the natural start of the game? Answer carefully.

Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Om »

In post 134, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 122, Om wrote:Oh one more game with Nacho? That makes it 4 including the dud and surely one has to be scum in one out of 4 in newbie.

Nope, still not scum. In fact, I'm actively town and probably will be night killed at the scum's first available opportunity, so I gotta ask why you would vote me :(
Because voting you is awesome. And you do stuff like you just did when you're voted and that helps me read you better.
And you made me cry rivers when you said ''lets just lynch Om'' in last game. Maybe, just maybe I'm carrying a grudge :3

Fyi, that new style sucks. It confused the shit out of me.

Explain your Huntress and Scot reads.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 137, Om wrote:
In post 134, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Because voting you is awesome. And you do stuff like you just did when you're voted and that helps me read you better.
And you made me cry rivers when you said ''lets just lynch Om'' in last game. Maybe, just maybe I'm carrying a grudge :3

Huntress read is essentially because when I originally voted her and she came into thread, all she had to give to the thread was a gut scumread on Phok. She then said she couldn't contribute anything else to the thread because most of what she wanted to say was already said (which doesn't help me get a handle on what her actual reads are, by the way)

Fyi, that new style sucks. It confused the shit out of me.

Explain your Huntress and Scot reads.
My Huntress read is mostly because of what she's produced since she's been in thread (aka nothing). Originally all she drops is a gut scumread on Phok, to which I respond "meh, got anything else?" and she's like "sure! but it's already been said by other people." when asked to expand on her other reads since what she said so far didn't help us get a handle on her positions at all, she says it's already explained and goes onto ask a couple useless questions until this very recent and very magical time where she actually demonstrates she has reads that she can talk about. I don't like that it took her this long to say she voted Phok for buddying up to me and I don't like that she's still voting me for doing so.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scot reasons aren't actually formed of anything strong and don't want to talk about them now, to be honest. My main problemmismthat he hasn't done anything except uselessly spin his wheels for a while but then I remember site downtime and Christmas season and you can't expect him to keep up and keep his head in the game. If I were to lynch someone today that wasn't Huntress, it would be Formerfish.

Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Om »

In case of Huntress I'm reading that as more of her play style rather than uncomfortable scum tbh.

In case of Formfish didn't you say you liked his post #101 in your post #109? Help me there little bit, would you?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 140, Om wrote:In case of Huntress I'm reading that as more of her play style rather than uncomfortable scum tbh.

In case of Formfish didn't you say you liked his post #101 in your post #109? Help me there little bit, would you?
I've played with Nuntress before and this is not the play style I remember. Why do you think it is based on play style?

I did like Formerfishs 101 when I first saw it because it was attempt for him to write down all off his reads, generally brought out some decent stuff. But I grow more uncomfortable with his push on Krishna the longer it goes on.

Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:21 am

Post by Om »

My exchange with her, it didn't really came off as she was faking it and I can correlate to it to some extent since I rarely give out all my reads this early in games and push for single scum suspects one after another. Mostly because I'm not that confident in those.

I'll read up one or two of her games by tomorrow when I reach home. On that note, I would rather not have this wagon built on you.

Unvote

Vote:Formfish
krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:17 am

Post by krishnaman »

with that unvote^, i'll move to another on my suspicion list who already has a vote. i don't think formerfish is mafia

unvote
vote: huntress
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Hardy »

Just to pick up the prod, gonna say I've gradually lost interest in the game (I thought the 2 week period wouldn't bother, but yeah it did). That's prolly why I missed the last sentence in Former's post the last time I posted here.

Gonna check the thread from the start again (cause I seriously don't remember anything), and post my thoughts... later.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Huntress »

@ Nacho: Thanks for the reads. I find it interesting you mention scot as a suspect as he was the one I was thinking might be your scumpartner, if it's not ph .
In post 136, Nachomamma8 wrote:Do you think that it was "my early attention grabbing" that delayed the natural start of the game, or the site downtime and Christmas holiday that delayed the natural start of the game? Answer carefully.
Christmas and the downtime have nothing to do with my point, which was that before krish's post 43, near the end of the second page, there just didn't seem to be the sort of interaction that I would expect to see in the first page or two, and which is often useful to look back at later. Of course, the fact that two players were missing didn't help much either.
In post 138, Nachomamma8 wrote:Huntress read is essentially because when I originally voted her and she came into thread, all she had to give to the thread was a gut scumread on Phok. She then said she couldn't contribute anything else to the thread because most of what she wanted to say was already said (which doesn't help me get a handle on what her actual reads are, by the way)
There was more than just a read in that first post. And I didn't say I couldn't contribute anything, only that I didn't see the point in repeating it. I did reply to the one point you raised and if there was anything else in particular you wanted to know you only had to ask.

In post 138, Nachomamma8 wrote:My Huntress read is mostly because of what she's produced since she's been in thread (aka nothing). Originally all she drops is a gut scumread on Phok, to which I respond "meh, got anything else?" and she's like "sure! but it's already been said by other people." when asked to expand on her other reads since what she said so far didn't help us get a handle on her positions at all, she says it's already explained and goes onto ask a couple useless questions until this very recent and very magical time where she actually demonstrates she has reads that she can talk about. I don't like that it took her this long to say she voted Phok for buddying up to me and I don't like that she's still voting me for doing so.
I think by naming my scum read and voting for him I had actually done more than you had up to that point regarding reads. What you are calling "useless questions" are part of the way I scumhunt and are use
ful
for clarifying my thoughts. Which you should know from our previous games. All in all, I get the feeling that this post was made more to make me look bad than to express a genuine concern.

In post 141, Nachomamma8 wrote:I did like Formerfishs 101 when I first saw it because it was attempt for him to write down all off his reads, generally brought out some decent stuff. But I grow more uncomfortable with his push on Krishna the longer it goes on.
Formerfish hasn't said a word about Krish since you posted . So why the change now?

Vote: Nachomamma
as that bit of a town read I had on him has evaporated.

@ krish: Why am I on your suspicion list? I don't understand the reason you gave in .
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by scotpgot »

@Nacho - Your recent posting is giving me some concerns. First you mention myself, Formerfish, and Huntress as hopeful lynches. Then not 45 minutes later, you changed your mind on me and mentioned only Huntress and Formerfish. While I certainly think that was a wise decision, I'm wondering what new information you got in that short amount of time that changed your mind. Similarly, the quote Huntress has above where you're back and forth on Formerfish. Do you see how those things could be seen as scummy?

I see the read on Huntress that perhaps they're not being particularly helpful, offering essentially a bad read on pH and no other scum reads. On the other hand, Nacho seems to have forced them to defend themself practically since they entered the thread. I *would* like to see more, though.
Huntress
- any other scum reads yet? What do you think of Nacho's "attacks" on you, particularly the implied threat in his "Answer carefully."?

To answer Nacho's question about my vote and alleged misrepresentation of pH (not sure why pH didn't just ask me) - yes, pH had his reasons for voting krish. But they just seemed so reactionary. The first vote immediately after Krish's odd first post, then the unvote immediately after the claim, then a re-vote after the claim the claim wasn't a claim. It strikes me as opportunistic.

Honestly I'm getting a null read on Formerfish and Hardy so far. I really like FF's post , all except the part about preferring chaos. I understand that it's harder to keep lies straight in chaos as opposed to order, but it seems to me it's also harder to
catch
the lies amongst chaos, too. Hardy I like generally except his "game of lies" comment in sticks out to me. My thought process is that this is a game of lies for
scum
, but not for town. So that strikes me as odd.

Om, no read at all yet. Did I miss anybody?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 141, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 140, Om wrote:In case of Huntress I'm reading that as more of her play style rather than uncomfortable scum tbh.

I've played with Nuntress before and this is not the play style I remember. Why do you think it is based on play style?

I did like Formerfishs 101 when I first saw it because it was attempt for him to write down all off his reads, generally brought out some decent stuff. But I grow more uncomfortable with his push on Krishna the longer it goes on.
In post 142, Om wrote:My exchange with her, it didn't really came off as she was faking it and I can correlate to it to some extent since I rarely give out all my reads this early in games and push for single scum suspects one after another. Mostly because I'm not that confident in those.

I'll read up one or two of her games by tomorrow when I reach home. On that note, I would rather not have this wagon built on you.

Unvote

Vote:Formfish
Unvote

Vote: Om

You seem to be white knighting me at first, in your questioning of Nacho. Nacho gives you an answer that is so void of any scum read that the naked vote switch to me is scummy as fuck. Especially when it is pointed out that I haven't even said anything else about Krish since I put out my reads list.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by Lowercase »

I like nacho's reads, and most of what I don't like about his play is due to this random voting process, which is probably not alignment indicative. Nacho raises good points about hardy, so he goes in the town bin. I read scot as null, his posts are fine though sparse. My guess is that one of huntress or fish are scum. This probably clears phok, since I don't see scum huntress voting scum phok in the manner she did; and I doubt fish and phok would put both their votes on krish unless they thought the wagon might go somewhere.

Of the two, I think huntress is the more likely scum, so: VOTE: huntress.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:42 am

Post by Om »

In post 147, Formerfish wrote:
You seem to be white knighting me at first, in your questioning of Nacho. Nacho gives you an answer that is so void of any scum read that the naked vote switch to me is scummy as fuck. Especially when it is pointed out that I haven't even said anything else about Krish since I put out my reads list.
Look what did I catch? :3
I was white knighting you? :?
I apologize, I don't white knight scum. I was only interested in knowing why Nacho thought you were scum all of sudden when he didn't so on last page and fyi, I'm voting you because Nachos (probably drunk posting) reads are almost coherent with mine and that has moved him into my town pool and you from 2nd to my top scum target.

I'm voting you for this.
FF wrote:
Would kill phok, hardy or krish without remorse.
All three of them were on my top town reads when I gave this thread first skim through while subbing in. To clarify more, I wanted to get good read of Nacho by voting him when I came in exactly because he called this post of yours ''good post''. It really wasn't. And I expected usual town Nacho to know better. Once I had what I wanted from him it was necessary for me to get rid of that wagon on him considering Krish followed me and it was very much obvious that Hunteress and scot would too after reading those posts. You don't want town Nacho to get quick-lynched because of the deadline do you? I don't :3
Krish OMIGUS on Nacho and the claim confusion, Ph for his reaction to it and Hardys jolly good attitude towards Nachos odd play were more or less highlights of the thread and you pretty much declared yourself as scum looking for easy D1 lynch in your post #101. Something funnily enough Scot is voting Ph for and yet calls your post #101 a good post. :roll:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”