Newbie 1508 [GAME OVER]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 371, Goofyd00d wrote:Did I really come off that Towny? I'll take the NK as a compliment. It was a lot of fun to play, and then read the next day. This game almost caught up to my last game that was started nearly 3 weeks prior, only missed catching up by about 18 hours!
No

I would have lynched you
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Oh and thanks for modding agar. Good job
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by aphix »

I would have NKd Rubicon myself, pretty sure based on set up and play he was going to be cop or doctor. I choose to fake claim doctor as it was better then outing a tracking and not being sure if he was BP or doctor. And if he was a cop it gets fun.

Posting what I posted about Rubicon I knew was going to give me shit, but I'll do it as scum or town in the future for a newbie game as I still don't believe it belongs here. In retrospect the worst thing about that was my vote, which was unnecessary. Only regret during the game.

Although I'd be interested in how a strong player caught me as all the things I was actually accused of I've done as town as well. Though with very few games still developing and probably my hydra might help as much as it hurts there. My one previous scum game I active lurked through the whole thing, though meta on me there is probably not the best.

Also I don't think I gave away the whole thing tn. I think replacing in and trying to actually discuss the game would have been better for us. I'm fine with the bus but you can in and bussed hard without really looking at alternatives. There is a chance giving how long it take for intent to hammer to happen that it might have been derailed naturally, my wagons feel like they do that fairly often, but it was a hard place to replace into.

I well say Jake, I was very disappointed when you first replaced it. I well say this game was much more enjoyable then the previous one we had. I was pleasantly surprised. Your choice to change that up was good. I still very much saw Jake there but it wasn't nearly as huge as you were that first game.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by aphix »

Also, barring rubicon being potentially a bulletproof I might have went for Jake or Cabd I think. I believe Thurm and Flum looked two town and might have saw protection/tracking, which is glad that I wasn't choosing as Cabd would have missed. But then that could lead to a lynch the next day. I don't know.

Over all I think it was a good game.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Yeah my new playstyle is jake lite lol

I'm still doing to do the things I do but I try to avoid arguing. If I can calmly relay my thoughts, people listen. My biggest change is day 1. I want to observe more and not be the focus. Lately I've picked up on things and have actually been more right than wrong. I hope it continues and people enjoy playing with me again.

It was fun playing with you aphix. You were just obvious from page 1

P.edit - me tracking thur helped a lot. Narrowed the lynch pool dramatically. Glad I was right about tn's 180 in play from the last game. Tn is going to want revenge now lol
Show
Things I've learned.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by aphix »

Meh. Still think that wagon might have disintegrated on me. I've been to l-1 without lynch or claim pretty sure before.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I'm surprised I didn't get lynched after Thurhame was shown to be innocent. Was it really just my activity that saved me? I tried to come off as mildly naive so people wouldn't worry about me as much. (It wasn't an act, I would just normally try to hide it.)
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 am

Post by tn5421 »

In post 380, aphix wrote:Meh. Still think that wagon might have disintegrated on me. I've been to l-1 without lynch or claim pretty sure before.
I went for a different strategy this time, Jake saw me replace in as scum and kill the wagon on my scumpartner in Newbie 1500 and I didn't want him drawing conclusions.
WIP
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:37 am

the funny thing is the way you killed the wagon on your partner went pretty much unnoticed lol
Show
Things I've learned.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Scripten »

That was a lot of fun. I was honestly expecting tn5421 to turn town and for cabd to be a really well played scum.

Someday, I'd like to see tn5421 be a townie for once, too. :P
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:04 am

In post 384, Scripten wrote:Someday, I'd like to see tn5421 be a townie for once, too.
yeah me too lol
Show
Things I've learned.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:06 am

Post by tn5421 »

In post 383, Jake from State Farm wrote:the funny thing is the way you killed the wagon on your partner went pretty much unnoticed lol
It was literally my only good scumplay in that game.
In post 384, Scripten wrote:That was a lot of fun. I was honestly expecting tn5421 to turn town and for cabd to be a really well played scum.

Someday, I'd like to see tn5421 be a townie for once, too. :P
I was hoping to replace into a town slot, but no dice.
WIP
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 192, Fluminator wrote:I analyzed the aphix wagon to see if I could spot scummy behavior.
If aphix is a mafia, then I think it is reasonably safe to say the 4 who are currently voting for him are safe.
Basically the only thing Cabd has done is go against Aphix.
I just can't see anyway where both Jake and Aphix are scum.
Scripten brought him to 4 votes which is very close, especially when a wildcard like Rureluz may just suddenly vote for aphix and lynch him. I don't think he would do that if he and aphix were scum.
Goofydood is also targeting aphix and keeping him at 4. I would be suprised again.

That leaves four others who would be the mafia.
I know I'm innocent.
I suspect Rureluz is innocent. He doesn't seem to have any incentive to play and I think he would if he was mafia.
I think it would be almost as suprising for both Rubicon and Aphix to be scum. True he did change his mind when the aphix wagon was increasing, but I doubt the mafia would target his partner at the very beginning. I also feel like Rubicon is the most town.

That only leaves Thurhame. If aphix does turn up scum, it makes it very likely that Thurhame is scum in my mind (the only other somewhat likely possibility being Rureluz).

If aphix turns up innocent, I notice we wouldn't actually get all that much information as I originally thought.
It makes Cabd and Jake look especially bad, but almost everyone else would be likely candidates. I take back saying his death if innocent will reveal information.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”