Newbie 1605 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1605 (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Newbie 1605

Welcome to Newbie 1605! The Mafia has infiltrated your town and killed the mayor!
It's up to you to discover the identities of the bad guys and bring peace back to your home!

Moderator:
Zaicon

Player List:

1)
Baelish_of_Ravenclaw
Pegasus30

2)
Drixx
[IC]
3)
Gravity
fakespeare

4)
heyboxgaminig

5)
I Am Innocent
Jeanne11

6)
OkaPoka
[SE]
7)
patzer
[SE]
8)
stoz

9)
Trainedmonkey

[SE] denotes a Semi-Experienced player.
[IC] denotes a Inexperience Challenged player. This player is here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Spoiler: Living Players
1) Baelish_of_Ravenclaw
Mafia Goon

Spoiler: Dead Players
1) Trainedmonkey
Vanilla Townie
Lynched Day 1.

2) patzer
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 1.

3) heyboxgaminig
Town Tracker
Killed Night 2.

4) Drixx
Vanilla Townie
Lynched Day 3.

5) OkaPoka
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 3.

6) I Am Innocent
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Endgamed.

7) stoz
Vanilla Townie
Endgamed.

8) Gravity
Neutral Survivor
Modkilled.

Game Links:

Day 1 | Night 1
Day 2 | Night 2
Day 3 | Night 3
Game Over
Last edited by Zaicon on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Game Rules

All Forum Rules and Guidelines should be followed, along with the following rules.

Game Timeline

• Day phases will last two weeks.
  • Night phases will last two days.

General Rules

• Do not quote your role PM or any other PM/QT communication from the mod.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
  • Do not edit or delete posts in this thread. If you made a formatting mistake, I will fix it for you (if it doesn't change the content of the post).

Activity

• If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 72 hours and another player hasn't made a request, I will prod that player.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post before a replacement will be found.
  • If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!

Votes and Lynching

• Votes must be in the format of VOTE: Player Name or
    VOTE: Player Name
    . Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
  • A player will be lynched if a majority of the players have voted for that player.
  • You may vote for a
    No Lynch
    . If a majority of players vote for a No Lynch, the game will proceed to Night without a lynch.
  • All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  • Once I have posted your death scene, you may not post ("bah" posts are not allowed).

Behavior

• Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Always play to your win condition.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.

Spoiler: List of Role PMs
Role PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

• During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town Cop

Abilities

• During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [Guilty/Not Guilty]
    . If you did not successfully investigate someone, you will receive
    No Result

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town Doctor

Abilities

• During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.

Win Condition

Town Jailkeeper

Abilities

• During the Night, you may place one player in Jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You cannot target yourself.

Win Condition

Town Tracker

Abilities

• During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will be told if that player targeted anyone and whom that player targeted.

Win Condition

Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities

• You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.

Win Condition

Mafia Goon
with your partner, name (
role
).

Abilities

• As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending posting on the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night in this thread.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner, name (
Mafia Goon
).

Abilities

• Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target via the Mafia thread or by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia thread or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night in this thread.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:37 am

Post by Zaicon »

With 8/9 confirmed, the game can begin!

Vote Count 1.0

No Vote (9):
Drixx, fakespeare, heyboxgaminig, Jeanne11, OkaPoka, patzer, Pegasus30, stoz, Trainedmonkey

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Monday, May 25, at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2015-05-25 08:00:00).
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Hello everyone.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:13 am

Post by Drixx »

Hello. I see someone beat me to the game. That just won't do.

VOTE: Jeanne11

------------------------------------------------

IC Introduction
:
Hello everyone. My name is Drixx and I am your IC for this game. IC is a bit of humor, standing for Inexperience Challenged. The IC is a volunteer position served by experienced players who wish to help newer folks have an enjoyable experience in their first games, and to help teach some of the basics of the game and answer any questions of theory which may arise. There are also SE players in the game, which means that they have played a certain number of games including at least one outside of the Road to Rome. SEs are not obligated to answer questions, nor are they obligated to give honest answers.

The IC position is not at all indicative of role or alignment, so anything I say using this color should not be used to judge my alignment. This also means that you can trust me to always be honest with you concerning questions of mafia theory, as I understand it. Some areas of theory are always evolving or have several viewpoints, and while I will do my best to be thorough, I also will try not to leave you with novels to read. If there are differing views, I will explain the ones I am familiar with and which particular part I agree with.

Please be aware that while I shall not lie to you in my role as IC, you should consider me just as likely as any other player in the game to be on the scum team. The roles are assigned randomly. This also means that while I will always be honest and helpful with my posts and answers about the game, my advice may be a two edged sword. Mafia is a game with many facets, and deception is one of the most valuable; especially for the scum team.

As a start: Games usually begin with what is known as RVS, or Random Vote Stage. You can see my vote above with just a silly made up reason for it. Generally the RVS stage lasts for a few pages or until a vote is placed for serious reasons. Think of it as a way to break the ice and get a little discussion going. Please also be careful about how many votes get placed on any given person during this stage, and bear in mind that this is a partially open setup, with two mafia aligned players (scum) and seven town aligned players (townies). Since it takes only 5 votes on day one to lock someone, you should think carefully before placing a vote that might allow the scum team to lock a player. As the days move onward, the number of votes required lessens and placing a vote is something you will want to think about carefully. You can always state that you suspect someone. Generally this is done by using the acronym FoS, which means "Finger of Suspicion". If you place a vote that puts someone one vote away from being lynched, it is generally considered good form to put a bold warning that the player is at L-1. If a player is already at L-1, generally you should state an intent to vote and allow them time to give a final defense, reads, or make a claim.

Finally, there is plenty of time in each day phase, so be sure to discuss things with the rest of the players, ask questions, respond to questions from others, and check back in as often as you have the time. An active game is a great deal more fun than an inactive one. Please do remember to keep things civil. A little humor never hurts, so long as it isn't in the form of a personal attack against other players. Mafia is a game that can sometimes inspire emotion, and if you get frustrated with another player, remember to attack the play and not the player. That's about it for my introductory post. If you have any questions for me, please bold them and put them on a new line starting with @Drixx or @IC to make sure that I see them, and I'll do my very best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Let's have a great game guys!
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:17 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

VOTE: Drixx, for not coming here fast enough to have the first post :P
heyboxgaminig
heyboxgaminig
Goon
heyboxgaminig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:28 am

Post by heyboxgaminig »

VOTE: Jeanne11

For being first xD
Trainedmonkey
Trainedmonkey
Townie
Trainedmonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:32 am

Post by Trainedmonkey »

vote: heyboxgaminig
that seemingly superfluous i near the end of your name is tingling my ocd senses.
fakespeare
fakespeare
Goon
fakespeare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:35 am

Post by fakespeare »

VOTE: Jeanne

because omgus, because wagon
"
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too.
" -Marcus Aurelius
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:44 am

Post by Drixx »

It's nice to see folks checking in so quickly. Be careful of that early flashwagon.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:56 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

It's okay. I am a Knight who says Ni. Gosh, this armor is heavy. My role is useless.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Drixx »

There's no such thing as a worthless role. In fact, the vanilla townie has the most freedom of any player, able to freely speak his mind and scumhunt without any worry. If you get night killed, that means a town power role didn't get night killed. The job of a townie, and of a vanilla townie in particular, is to find scum, and then convince the rest of the town that they've found em. Emphasis on that last bit. It's definitely the hardest.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 11:44 am

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: fakespeare

found true scum bois gg
fakespeare
fakespeare
Goon
fakespeare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by fakespeare »

In post 11, Jeanne11 wrote:It's okay. I am a Knight who says Ni. Gosh, this armor is heavy.

The hell does this mean.

Warning: I tend to curse a lot as part of my playstyle, don't be offended if I'm a lexicological asshole to you. I don't hate you, I just want to piss you off.
"
Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too.
" -Marcus Aurelius
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 14, fakespeare wrote:
In post 11, Jeanne11 wrote:It's okay. I am a Knight who says Ni. Gosh, this armor is heavy.

The hell does this mean.

Warning: I tend to curse a lot as part of my playstyle, don't be offended if I'm a lexicological asshole to you. I don't hate you, I just want to piss you off.

i tend to want to piss people off when im scum

wee woo wee woo we have a scum!!!!
fakespeare
fakespeare
Goon
fakespeare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by fakespeare »

Why
"
" -Marcus Aurelius
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

becuz ur scum!
heyboxgaminig
heyboxgaminig
Goon
heyboxgaminig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by heyboxgaminig »

In post 11, Jeanne11 wrote:It's okay. I am a Knight who says Ni. Gosh, this armor is heavy. My role is useless.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If this was a day one claim I think we have serious problems.

Also funny enough i have a wavering read on Drixx for scum now :lol:

She never said she was VT, for all we know she is scum... the only person who knows she is not scum would be scum :P

sneeky sneeky white knighting there Drixx XD
heyboxgaminig
heyboxgaminig
Goon
heyboxgaminig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by heyboxgaminig »

also, jeanne got any songs for us :333
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

@Hexboxgaminig - You do realize that there is a full stop at the period right? I said that no role was worthless. I then pointed out that even "no role" has upsides. Noted that you tried to attack the IC by intentionally misinterpreting something he said. Scum tend to target the IC as a general rule. You just went to the top of the suspect list.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 20, Drixx wrote:@Hexboxgaminig - You do realize that there is a full stop at the period right? I said that no role was worthless. I then pointed out that even "no role" has upsides. Noted that you tried to attack the IC by intentionally misinterpreting something he said. Scum tend to target the IC as a general rule. You just went to the top of the suspect list.

actually as scum targetting the ic is terrible.

ignoring them is where its at
heyboxgaminig
heyboxgaminig
Goon
heyboxgaminig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by heyboxgaminig »

In post 20, Drixx wrote:@Hexboxgaminig - You do realize that there is a full stop at the period right? I said that no role was worthless. I then pointed out that even "no role" has upsides. Noted that you tried to attack the IC by intentionally misinterpreting something he said. Scum tend to target the IC as a general rule. You just went to the top of the suspect list.

OOOOOOOOOOH defensive, i like that! as you would say "noted" :wink:

Also if you thought i was being serious this early in the game and with the amount of "smileys" i used then forgive me for forgetting that you are the IC :lol:

Your funny drixx, I like you XD
fakespeare
fakespeare
Goon
fakespeare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by fakespeare »

I feel it's pretty clear that Drixx explained the nuances/perks of being VT for the benefit of possible newbies in this game. As he should, in fulfilment of his role as IC.

Heybox's claims are shitty.
"
" -Marcus Aurelius
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

then vote heybox

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”