entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #353 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by entreri »

Hello Jurors! I'm very proud of the game I played. Early on I made an F2 with monty, and about halfway through the game I realized this F2 had a serious chance of working. From there my game was two fold: to maximize the chances the F2 actually got me to the end, and to maximize my chances of winning against my eventual opposition.

It felt to me like Monty and I controlled pretty much the entire game. Every vote we knew where everyone was voting, and essentially had our pick of the targets on each and every vote. Neither one of us was ever on the person not going home.

In my opinion, your votes should clearly go to Monty or me and as a juror you need to decide which one of us deserves your vote more. I would argue, as the one who saved my partner and brought him to the end, that person should be me. I made sure monty knew he needed to idol. I pushed the votes onto Flum instead of Monty the following round. I idoled to save monty, and finally I got lucky on the dice roll and picked to bring him.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #367 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by entreri »

In post 359, McMenno wrote:entreri why did you bring monty and not datisi or ips i know you wanted to completely overshadow his game but still
Exactly that reason. He is here only because of me through the entire lategame. I had a solid path to the finish without him, but he did not have the same without me. Our games are very similar by virtue of how we played.

As for brining datisi or IPS, they have two very different games from my own and I'm honestly less confident about winning vs either or both of them than vs monty. I picked the person I thought I had the best chance to beat.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #369 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by entreri »

In post 360, Ircher wrote:

@Entreri: Why did you never try to communicate with me?
I tried, but I couldn't add you as a friend on discord b/c you weren't accepting requests and I didn't see you on site chat.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #373 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by entreri »

In post 363, Menalque wrote:
entreri: why did you bring your greatest competition with you to FTC?

also: you and monty sheeped on more than one vote in the early game (most notably ircher) how was this being in control of the entire game?

I don't believe monty is my greatest competition. I think his endgame doesn't stand on its own. He was the figurehead and was going home if I didn't save him. That's not the case for me.

I don't think you need to be the first person to say someone's name to be the dominant force behind the wagon. I believe we made sure everyone knew ircher was the target on that vote, and we wanted to control the following votes so we didn't want the target to be on our backs by taking the credit for the early push.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #378 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by entreri »

In post 371, Fluminator wrote:ENT YOU KNOW I WANT TO VOTE FOR YOU BUT WHY DID YOU BRING YOUR CLONE TO THE END.
I have no odea which of you two did it better.

Tbh I'm quite impressed with IPS's play this game and I'm probably voting him unless one of you stick out by the end.
But we're not clones. We're twins, but one is slightly taller and more attractive. Our games are virtually identical, but mine is better. There is a differentiating factor here that I got him here. He goes home if not for me at the endgame every time. I was secure. I had set him up as the bigger threat and the bigger flip target.

I had IPS and menno convinced I was still on their side up until the very end. IPS thought I was going to take him to FTC if I won.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #384 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by entreri »

In post 379, Ircher wrote:
In post 374, Ircher wrote:
@All: What was the biggest mistake you made this game and how/why?
in case you missed it from the page turning
Seems like it was bringing monty to FTC. I thought people would agree that me saving him in the endgame was a bigger deal than it actually was. I guess I shoulda let him die at f5.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #387 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by entreri »

In post 365, Menalque wrote:
to all: how were the strategic moves you made what got you here as opposed to the strategic moves made by others?
Specifically for me and Monty, we had a very similar strategic game. The main difference in our play was how well I managed to hide my maneuvering. I don't think monty knew he was the surefire vote after Flum went home, or else he wouldn't have agreed to vote flum when he did.
Monty put himself in a position where he needed to be saved, and I didn't.
entreri
entreri
Watcher
entreri
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #400 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by entreri »

In post 389, Menalque wrote:
In post 384, entreri wrote:
In post 379, Ircher wrote:
In post 374, Ircher wrote:
@All: What was the biggest mistake you made this game and how/why?
in case you missed it from the page turning
Seems like it was bringing monty to FTC. I thought people would agree that me saving him in the endgame was a bigger deal than it actually was. I guess I shoulda let him die at f5.
entreri: how do you reconcile (1) he's the bigger threat and (2) I should bring him to the endgame?

why was it better to bring him than just eliminate him? especially when you'd cooperated on so much and clearly people were going to share credit between both of you?
Because IPS and Datisi played games as well. I thought I was best off picking the person with the identical, but slightly worse, game rather than someone completely different. We're both oranges but I'm slightly sweeter, vs trying to compare an orange to a strawberry.
A TC is between here and there. He needed my idol to survive that TC. We're in a whole different world than we were then.

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”