- Daystart | VC1 | VC2 | VC3 | Lynch

Day 3
- Daystart | VC1 | VC2 | VC3 | VC4 | VC5 | Lynch

Day 4
- Daystart | VC1 | VC2 | Lynch

[SYSTEM ERROR - DATA IS CORRUPTED]

Day 6
- Daystart | VC2 | VC3 | Lynch
Last edited by Andrius on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 15 times in total.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:41 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Acting Captain Alrec Vock
Log Entry #16
Dec 1 3299

Everyone is dead.

The Captain understood that sending us to this planet was a risk, but I doubt even he knew just how dangerous it is down here. Looking back, I can see just how unprepared we were. From the losses we could not prevent, to the men we knowingly sent to their deaths, this mission has been drowned in blood from the start. The foul stench of it all bothered me once, but I'm not even sure the murder was wrong any more.

All I know is that something has been stalking us. Something that can take on the faces of the people it kills. It has waited in ambush for us at every turn, as though it knew exactly what we would do and when we would do it. The documents Grant uncovered spoke about beings that exist outside of time; we believed it to be hypothetical. Could it have been talking about these creatures after all?

Either way, I must warn everybody – no one can be trusted.

But to do that, I'll need access to the research station's mainframe. We finally managed to get it working yesterday, but only briefly before it was destroyed in the struggle. I have no choice; I will have to travel into the past for the third time.

The Temporal Gateways are unstable, and no doubt I will perish in the process, but if I die here, then I condemn humanity. If I can send these logs back to when we first landed, we might just have a fighting chance.

This will be my last entry as Acting Commander of the Starship Aviary.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:04 am

Post by AurorusVox »

EUAN Galactic Starfleet CODE OF CONDUCT

All recruits must sign to confirm understanding and acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Pay particular attention to
bolded
items.

On Chain of Command

• 1. Your Managing Officer of Directives (or MOD), here defined as
    AurorusVox
    , is to have the final say in any form of dispute.
    2. Although you pledge blind allegiance to your MOD, he is not infallible. If you feel an issue requires attention, communicate this privately to the MOD.
    3. The MOD uses
    Korvian Corp Purple (#8800BF)
    to communicate official information. Do NOT use this colour. This is a courtmarshallable offence.
    4. All mission-related communication between the MOD and recruits STAY between the MOD and the recruits. Breaking private communicative channels is a courtmarshallable offence.
    5. All mission-related communication between recruits STAY in the official Korvian Affiliated thread
    unless given explicit permission by your MOD
    . Talking about the mission outside of the Official Korvian thread without the MOD's approval is a courtmarshallable offense.
    6. Falsifying the MOD is a courtmarshallable offense. Your MOD is the judge of whether he has been falsified or not.
    7. Small or invisible text as a secret communication is disallowed.
    Cryptography is also disallowed.

8. Taking advantage of loopholes is dishonourable. Courtmarshalling may ensue.
    9. Courtmarshalls force resignation from the EUAN Galactic Starfleet, and a recruit will be forever branded as a Neutral Survivor. They will then be put to death, losing the game.
On Expectations of Presence

• 1. You should aim to communicate at least once a day.
    2. Shore Leaves are to be announced to the MOD.
    3. Recruits who do not communicate within
    48 hours
    will be declared AWOL, and a search party will be dispatched. Recruits have 24 hours to reveal themselves to a search party, or they will be announced MIA and replaced. Players may request search parties for specific recruits via a bolded communication in thread.
    4. A 'three strikes and you're out' rule on going AWOL and replacements is enforced. That is, if you are declared AWOL three times, we will be forced to resign your commision.
    5. This mission has a
    two week deadline
    at the beginning of each game day.
    6. Accusations of Treachery (here defined as Votes and Unvotes) may be done either by bolding your Votes or using official Korvian Vote tags. For the sake of clarity, Usernames may be shortened but it must be easily discernible. Example: VOTE: AV. Ambiguous Accusations of Treachery will be ignored.
    7. Retractions of Accusations (Unvotes) are not required.
    8. Although your MOD is in charge of your regiment, he is a democratic man and will publicly Lynch a recruit if a majority (half the number of living recruits +1) vote for bloodshed.
    9. A Cease Fire (here defined as a "No Lynch") needs only 50% of the Votes.
    10. A No Lynch will happen at mission deadline should a full majority not be reached.
    11. Once you're dead, please don't post
    unless explicitly allowed by the MOD
    . Korvian Corp does not take kindly to zombies.
    12. The Lynched may give their last words during Twilight (ie. before the MOD puts you to death).
    13. Remember recruit, you are the best Earth has to offer! You should aim to win!
THESE RULES BROUGHT TO YOU IN ASSOCIATION WITH ANDRIUS AND STAEG OF KORVIAN CORP
TM
- THERE FOR YOU!
Last edited by AurorusVox on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:09 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Korvian Corp. Time Travelling Documentation

Timelines

1) During the pre-game phase, the Alien faction will create the original timeline, dictating who is alive at the start of each day phase by removing pairs of players.

a. The timeline will extend to a feasible LYLO situation, i.e. at no point can scum dictate a timeline in which they outnumber town, or in which all scum are eradicated.
b. This timeline will be undisclosed to the town.

2) Lynches that go against the current timeline will create a paradox (see below). In the event of a paradox-creating lynch, a new timeline will be created in one of two ways:

a. In the event of a mislynch or a no lynch, the Alien faction will create a new timeline
b. In the event of a lynch on an Alien, a new timeline will be created by the player who cast the hammer vote.
c. In the event of a self-hammer by an Alien, the new timeline will be created by the player who placed the L-1 vote.

3) The Aliens are bound by their temporality, and must therefore adhere to the current timeline where possible when deciding their kills.

a. This means that the Aliens cannot kill a player who should be alive in the following day phase, according to the current timeline.
b. This rule can be circumvented by paradoxes (see below)

Time Travel

1) Each day, players have the option of sending one person through a Temporal Gate into a future day phase of their choice.

a. Players wishing to travel to the future should post
Travel to Day X
in-thread.
b. That player will be told who is still alive according to the current timeline.
c. This information will be privately communicated by the mod.
d. Players are allowed to share any information they gain, but may not quote mod communications.
e. Players travelling to a dayphase in which they themselves are dead will create a paradox (see below).
f. Unsuccessful attempts to travel will be privately communicated by the mod.

2) Temporal Gates disrupt the cybernetic implants fitted onto certain roles. This will reduce the number of times a player can go through the Gate.

a. No Cybernetic Implants - allows unlimited travel via Temporal Gates.
b. Mild Cybernetic Implants - allows player to travel twice through Temporal Gates over the course of the game.
c. Major Cybernetic Implants - allows player to travel once through Temporal Gates over the course of the game.
d. Robotic players cannot travel through Temporal Gates at all.
e. Players who attempt to use the Temporal Gates, but are unable to due to cybernetics, will use up the charge of the Gate.

Paradoxes

1) The Aliens are allowed to make one kill per night.

a. They must use one paradox in order to make a kill that follows the current timeline.
b. They can spend two paradoxes to make a kill that breaks the current timeline. Please note that this action will not create additional paradoxes.
c. In the event that Aliens are forced to kill a member of their own faction according to the timeline, they can choose to spend one paradox to perform No Kill.
Last edited by AurorusVox on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:33 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Active
(9)
Platypus
SaintKerrigan
pieceofpecanpie
r. Ghostlin

RoboKitty
MC Maraca
r. Minimal

K.I.A.

Desperado (AI39-263-270, Science AI) - Decommissioned D1

ActionDan (Tiberius Grant, Medic) - Murdered N1

PeregrineV (Ensign Angela Taratuta, Alien Farseer Host) - Uncovered and Destroyed D2

Sixty (Irena Daletskii, Communications) - Brutalised N2

MafiaSSK (Lieutenant Novak, ???) - Confined to the Brig D3

MafiaSSK (Lieutenant Novak, Armoured Military Officer) - Relieved of Life N3

Rift Adrift (Taryn Woolf, Morbid Townie) - Worst Fears Came True N3

kanyeknowsbest (Ensign Russel Dean, Town) - Carried Downstream D4

kanyeknowsbest (Ensign Russel Dean, Town) - Washed Up N4
Natirasha, Ensign Kyrie Wilson, Met her Match N4

ActionDan (Tiberius Grant, Medic) - Killed D6

Courtmarshalled
Last edited by AurorusVox on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 15 times in total.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:55 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Acting Captain Alrec Vock
Log Entry #14
Nov 30 3299

I do not have long. Things are not going well. Only three of my crew are still alive. But we may have found the answer. A mainframe in the research centre allows us to send data through time; it is much safer than the Temporal Gateways. I believe it is ready to go online.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Day 6 | Votecount 1

PeregrineV
(0)
Desperado
(0)
ActionDan
(0)

Not Voting (3): PeregrineV, Desperado, ActionDan

With 3 alive, it is 2 to lynch

Deadline is
6:00pm GMT, 1st July 2013
. That's in (expired on 2013-07-01 17:00:00).
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Desperado »

Since we're starting in LYLO I can't think of a good reason not to claim

I am AI39-263-270, a Science AI that falls under the "robotic" identifier. Each night I pick one player and one day phase and learn if they are alive that day. I'm still trying to work out what exactly this allows me to do.

Who are you guys?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 am

Post by ActionDan »

I'm not claiming fully, and prefer not to claim or hint at my ability(ies).

I didn't think we'd be starting in Lylo, I thought it was going to be we start at 13, aliens choose pairs of players that die from day phase to day phase and they gotta kill one of the two per night phase and use a paradox to do it.

So I don't get what's going on now. I'll read the rules again though.

However, I remember reading that there must be a scum at Lylo => one of the three of us here is scum

Also I'm 100% human, that means I can go through the time machine blah blah infinite times. If there's no chance that I won't be here the next day then I'd suggest I always go through, today and all days henceforth. If aliens are supposed to select one of us to actually die over the night phase, then I'm not going to risk it.

I have an opinion on that claim above, but I would like to ask Peregrine to claim (despite the fact that I refuse to claim, forgive me, there is a good reason) so I can compare.

One of you two will be the lynch today. And if I were to claim you both would understand that.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:30 am

Post by ActionDan »

gotta do stuff, then I'll come back in like an hour.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:38 am

Post by ActionDan »

ok so atm, I think we're supposed to be alive and never to have died so sending any of us through the time gate won't cause a paradox because ... we never were selected for death.

I think that means days will probably go backwards and the two people 'killed' Day 5 will pop up spiff and spaff the next day.

Now I guess we'll know Paradoxes will occur if let's say Platypus and Saint Kerrigan spring up tomorrow and we lynch someone else that day (D5, and lynch not-Platypus and not-Saint Kerrigan)... because they were supposed to die that day instead of someone else.

That means it's impossible to cause a paradox today because it hasn't been decided yet who's going to die today. That means scum can't kill tonight because they have to spend a paradox to do it. (or course if they did it would be really obvious who was scum because ostensibly a mislynch today means 2 people left and scum can only kill the only other non-scum during the night before the next day [unless the two people pop up during the Night of the kill which would make some sense I suppose])

In conclusion I want to be sent to scout ahead.

Also I guess I could claim because aliens can't actually kill me unless they spend 2 paradoxes to break the timeline.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3, AurorusVox wrote:
Korvian Corp
TM
[/b]
- Timetravel Documentation

Time Travel

1) Each day, players can choose to send someone through a Temporal Gate into a future day phase of their choice.

d. Players travelling to a dayphase in which they themselves are dead will create a paradox (see below).
But then I read this and I wonder how this can happen if the next two people come along.

So maybe two random people come alive. Maybe we all go back to D1. because flavor suggests we figured out what the hell is going on and we would be transferring data.

I'm going to guess it's we all go back to D1.

In fact I wonder if we can send people back in time for this day. There isn't an actually votecount set-up for that purpose.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Excerpt from Doctor le Font's Diary (July 6th, 2987)

When we first developed the temporal gates, Pritchard wanted to vote on who got to test it first. That little bastard thought he could charm his way into the future, even though MY contribution had been far superior! Well, I didn't care to stand upon ceremony. I simply shouted my intentions clear for all to hear as I ran into the temporal field. Well, that was two hours...or rather, two weeks ago. Now I just need to figure out where I am.

Spoiler: Non-flavour Clarification
You don't vote on who travels through time. Simply bold something like:
Travel to Day X
and I'll resolve the rest. However, you are unable to use the Gates today.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I'm here but confess I haven't read all the flavor yet. Why are there only three of us?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Desperado »

Scum choose who dies when, so this is the LYLO situation that they chose.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I still don't get it. I read the rules/flavor, but let's discuss.
In post 3, AurorusVox wrote:1) During the pre-game phase, the Alien faction will create the original timeline, dictating who is alive at the start of each day phase by removing pairs of players.
a. The timeline will extend to a feasible LYLO situation
b. This means that at no point can scum dictate a timeline in which they outnumber town, or in which all scum are eradicated.
c. This timeline will be undisclosed to the town.
Mafia creates a timeline saying who is alive at the start of each day. I guess one is the person lynched, and one is the NK?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I still don't get it. I read the rules/flavor, but let's discuss.
In post 3, AurorusVox wrote:1) During the pre-game phase, the Alien faction will create the original timeline, dictating who is alive at the start of each day phase by removing pairs of players.
a. The timeline will extend to a feasible LYLO situation
b. This means that at no point can scum dictate a timeline in which they outnumber town, or in which all scum are eradicated.
c. This timeline will be undisclosed to the town.
Mafia creates a timeline saying who is alive at the start of each day. I guess one is the person lynched, and one is the NK?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3, AurorusVox wrote:1) Each day, players can choose to send someone through a Temporal Gate into a future day phase of their choice.
a. That player will be told who is still alive according to the current timeline.
b. This information will be privately communicated by the mod.
c. Players are allowed to share any information they gain, but may not quote mod communications.
d. Players travelling to a dayphase in which they themselves are dead will create a paradox (see below).

2) Temporal Gates disrupt the cybernetic implants fitted onto certain roles. This will reduce the number of times a player can go through the Gate.
a. No Cybernetic Implants - allows unlimited travel via Temporal Gates.
b. Mild Cybernetic Implants - allows player to travel twice through Temporal Gates over the course of the game.
c. Major Cybernetic Implants - allows player to travel once through Temporal Gates over the course of the game.
d. Robotic players cannot travel through Temporal Gates at all.
Has anyone traveled?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 7, Desperado wrote:Since we're starting in LYLO I can't think of a good reason not to claim

I am AI39-263-270, a Science AI that falls under the "robotic" identifier. Each night I pick one player and one day phase and learn if they are alive that day. I'm still trying to work out what exactly this allows me to do.

Who are you guys?
Since it's day 6, do you have 5 nights of results?

I'll claim, since why not.

Ensign Angela Taratuta. I like to workout, kick ass, and take long walks on the beach. My favorite color is green, and my goal is to someday become the world's youngest tac officer. I'm also human, and prefer to date other humans.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 8, ActionDan wrote:I'm not claiming fully, and prefer not to claim or hint at my ability(ies).

I didn't think we'd be starting in Lylo, I thought it was going to be we start at 13, aliens choose pairs of players that die from day phase to day phase and they gotta kill one of the two per night phase and use a paradox to do it.

So I don't get what's going on now. I'll read the rules again though.

However, I remember reading that there must be a scum at Lylo => one of the three of us here is scum

Also I'm 100% human, that means I can go through the time machine blah blah infinite times. If there's no chance that I won't be here the next day then I'd suggest I always go through, today and all days henceforth. If aliens are supposed to select one of us to actually die over the night phase, then I'm not going to risk it.

I have an opinion on that claim above, but I would like to ask Peregrine to claim (despite the fact that I refuse to claim, forgive me, there is a good reason) so I can compare.

One of you two will be the lynch today. And if I were to claim you both would understand that.
Same question. Since it's day 6, do you have any results of stuff that already happened?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Desperado »

I have no results
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 20, Desperado wrote:I have no results
same. Also no travelling... AV specified that we can't do that today in his last post.

As per your #16 PV, that's what I thought originally (that pairs of people referred to the day's lynch + NK), and that may still be the case if we go back to the past after today (which seems to be the only logical conclusion I can come up with that satisfies the opening flavor, this lylo situation, and the timeline rules).

PV, is that the extent of your claim, that you are essentially vanilla and have no augmentations?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I have a good educated guess as to who the mafia is in this lylo already. How about you guys? Or are you still working on reads, figuring out game mechanics, or feel the need for more discussion, (or perhaps a claim from me)?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 21, ActionDan wrote:PV, is that the extent of your claim, that you are essentially vanilla and have no augmentations?
I have a cool video too, but yes, that's it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 22, ActionDan wrote:I have a good educated guess as to who the mafia is in this lylo already. How about you guys? Or are you still working on reads, figuring out game mechanics, or feel the need for more discussion, (or perhaps a claim from me)?
There is a less than zero chance of me voting today without you claiming

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”