Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1795, Bookitty wrote:
In post 676, Honey bee wrote:I don't need starpoints. I'd rather have someone with better need for them on the wagon.

We've established that all factions have daytalk. (It's in the rules.) If HB was scum, she could have said this specifically to scumbuddies in their chat to greater benefit to that faction.

I don't really understand this point. Weren't people specifically asking for Honeybee to be on the Varsoon wagon? So why would she respond to her scumbuddies instead of the people townreading her in the thread?

Also,
In post 1795, Bookitty wrote:and she wanted reads from Brian Skies (again, I do too,
and his refusal to give them makes him look scummy in my eyes
).

:roll:
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1922, wgeurts wrote:Wait what has happened?
I was going to post my old mara case and now everyone hates her skin? I'll post my old case an read what I've missed, I was rather buisy the last few days. Can anyone sum up what happened?

If Mara was looking to get lynched and you were scumreading her, why do you feel the need to get your case in (and verify that you were already scumreading her)?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1935, wgeurts wrote:
In post 1917, Konowa wrote:
unvote;
Vote: Ms Marangal

This looks bad
VOTE: Konowa
Really bad.

Also, can I get some developed thoughts from you or are you just gonna attack naked votes all game?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1947, Cheetory6 wrote:
People who avoided voting for her entirely would be my best guess for scum at this point TBH.
I think trying to get a vote in this last minute would put people under more scrutiny, the kind that I don't think scum would find worth it. Don't really have time to look at who might be the best example of this right now, but you get the idea.

While I agree with you that there will probably be some scum that fit the bolded, I disagree with everything else. I don't think Mara has looked that great with her interactions with Orci and regardless of her alignment, I don't think scum would find issue with joining the wagon (especially for star points, which STD is guilty of mentioning when he joined the wagon, not that I'm scumreading him or anything :P).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1594, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1492, Honey bee wrote:I'm just going to say that mara wanting town read me is more indicative that she has unawareness of the game state in general unlike scum's knowledge, and I really really want to keep her alive as long as possible.

Uh, what?

I apologize for being unclear, but I did want some sort of clarification to this statement. As in what unawareness seems unlike scum's knowledge and why you want to keep her alive as long as possible.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm doing a catch-up now and this post really stands out to me because here I am reading through the same stuff trying to figure out what's going on, and I don't see where the bolded came from at all.

In post 1844, SMP wrote:Very little time today and tomorrow to post, but let me get this all straight.

Cabd used a 1 shot CO power to cop Brian as town.
Mara used an amnesiac cop ability to cop Orci as town, which was sent to one of Cabd's neighborhood members.
There's a tracker in Cabd's neighborhood who tracked Orci last night.

wgeurts and Cabd are in a neighborhood together.

This needs to be looked at as more data about night actions comes in to see if it looks like there was prior knowledge here.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:50 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1949, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1780, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1483, Ms Marangal wrote:No, something happened to you last night and why should have clickdd if you were town

There's the soft-claim. I don't know anything about tracker except from wgeurts, and I don't understand what he's talking about or why his neighbourhood is apparently doing what Varsoon did and treating it as a masonry and bleeding information in all directions. I'm scared to ask about it too because of power-role issues and my fear that wgeurts is either being deliberately misled by town OR scum or that his neighbourhood actually agrees with him that a mass flavour-claim is an awesome idea.

This is why my vote is on wgeurts and why I want answers from him before ANYTHING else.

Anyway, I'm out for the night.

What does this have to do with your read on Honeybee?

Nothing. That was answering someone else's question. It had nothing to do with Honey bee. Context matters.

The reason that your refusal to give reads looked scummy to me (and it's still scummy, even if you're not scum) is because you asked what level people wanted before then saying "I don't feel like it." (paraphrased) Why toy with the offer if you aren't going to deliver on it? It just seems like being a jerk to me. Maybe it's a playstyle thing, but figuratively sneering down your nose at other players doesn't read town to me.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:54 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1950, Brian Skies wrote:I don't really understand this point. Weren't people specifically asking for Honeybee to be on the Varsoon wagon? So why would she respond to her scumbuddies instead of the people townreading her in the thread?

If star points are considered valuable and HB was scum, why would she say that? Why wouldn't she get on the wagon herself to keep star points away from town? If her scumbuddies needed points, why wouldn't she restrict the implied offer to them instead of posting it for everyone?

Nothing she did there makes sense for scum.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1917, Konowa wrote:
unvote;
Vote: Ms Marangal

This post bugs me just a little bit, given all the talk about scarfing up lynchwagon stars that was happening around it.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1761, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 175, fferyllt wrote:
In post 168, Cephrir wrote:Actually no, I'm not ready to declare orci town yet.

I forget sometimes how good he is.

hence the "I think".

You're right he's good, but his bpc push looks very townminded to me. The only time I've ever seen scum-him do something that strongly town in the very-early game, it was multiball.

I waited a while to bring this up.

What did you mean here by "townminded"?

I had to go back and find the question you were waiting for me to ask. :/ Sorry about that.

"townminded" = "coming from a town mindset"

The game I was referencing was xenoblade, where your early day 1 scumhunting was genuine because you knew there was another scum team to hunt.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm not sure what I think about Mara's replace-out. I'm leaning that it points to her being town, but that big of an overreaction makes me worry a little about scum theater.

Cabd, I'm thinking this might have some parallels to my over-the-topness in that morph game, though.

Idic
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:13 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 1951, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1922, wgeurts wrote:Wait what has happened?
I was going to post my old mara case and now everyone hates her skin? I'll post my old case an read what I've missed, I was rather buisy the last few days. Can anyone sum up what happened?

If Mara was looking to get lynched and you were scumreading her, why do you feel the need to get your case in (and verify that you were already scumreading her)?

As it had been requested a lot however I was buisy and had no time to phone type it and spell-check it afterwords.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:15 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 1955, fferyllt wrote:I'm doing a catch-up now and this post really stands out to me because here I am reading through the same stuff trying to figure out what's going on, and I don't see where the bolded came from at all.

In post 1844, SMP wrote:Very little time today and tomorrow to post, but let me get this all straight.

Cabd used a 1 shot CO power to cop Brian as town.
Mara used an amnesiac cop ability to cop Orci as town, which was sent to one of Cabd's neighborhood members.
There's a tracker in Cabd's neighborhood who tracked Orci last night.

wgeurts and Cabd are in a neighborhood together.

This needs to be looked at as more data about night actions comes in to see if it looks like there was prior knowledge here.
This is all true however we don't if the PR's are who we think they are. Mara doesn't seem like a cop anymore so this theory has fallen flat.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 am

Post by wgeurts »

I need to ISO the people I haven't looked at a lot.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. What I have derived from the thread about the two items of controversy was different than what wgeurts is saying.

I don't believe anyone said Mara was the amnesiac cop. All I read was that someone in the wgeurts neighbourhood got a message from an unknown party that said Orci was town. Someone else in the neighbourhood is a tracker who tracked (Mara, I think, but I don't believe it was ever said) to Orci. Mara has said that she did something to Orci's star points. Orci has said that he is missing one. So that would make sense and confirm the tracker if I read all that correctly.

Mara tunneled on Orci day one and called Varsoon "god-town," an opinion shared by very few people. (I didn't share it.) She hard-defended him without a lot of good reasoning. She also apparently believed that Orci would know who had taken his star point, something that was disproved by interactions between Ceph and Honey Bee earlier, I think. (HB, you said you'd check on something about that. Are the results something you could share?)

Throwing a fit and replacing out under pressure is more scum than not in my experience. However, the fact that it was done while drunk-posting makes it a little more difficult to read. The self-vote is what bothers me most there. I can see the arguments that Mara wouldn't do this as scum, but I don't know why someone would do this as town OR scum, so it's sort of null to me.

Cabd: If you answered my question about your read on wgeurts, I missed it. I would really like an answer.

We have four and a half days before deadline. It looks like Mara is being replaced. While I don't feel like a star-stealing power is something we can't do without, I'd like to wait on lynching that slot if at all possible to see what a replacement says.

UNVOTE:

I'm not particularly fussed about star points so if that ends up being the lynch and I'm not on it, it's not a big deal.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:18 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 1822, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1684, Cheetory6 wrote:Approximately my fourth game on this site.

I can't find four games of you on this site.

A reminder that you may not talk about ongoing games

Cheetory.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:18 am

Book are you here? I want some one on one time with somebody
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Good morning, I'm here. What's up, Orc?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

Sure. What's up, Orci?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:21 am

I'm not willing to lynch mara today because I feel the replacement rang as town.

My lynch pool for today looks like lynx, SMP, saki, konowa.

What about yours?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:22 am

Post by Bookitty »

Hey, ABR, can you read the part about the claims/what they mean in ? Orci too. Just the first two paragraphs, to make sure I didn't overlook something?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Bookitty »

SMP, wgeurts, lynx. I'm back and forth on MafiaSSK.

I want an answer from Cabd on his read on wgeurts before I vote there, though.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:24 am

In post 1834, Cabd wrote:We have clears on both orcinus and brian skies. I can confirm that. I'm functionally vanilla now so I can flat out claim that the cop clear was ~my~ oneshot power and it was very gated on who I could use it on (Which makes sense for the cheapest CO ever). And without saying specifically my limitations in case anyone ever manages to give me another shot etc etc, Brian Skies was the chocie I felt absolutely the best about. The orc clear is an
amnesiac cop
we're pretty sure, unless it's a messenger in which case CLAIM NOW OR BE AUTOLYNCHED FOR CLAIMING MESSENGER DOWN THE LINE
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:25 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yes, but that doesn't say it's Mara. If Mara is town and not lying, she claimed a star-stealing power. Given her read on you, if she is town, it makes sense she'd use it on you.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:26 am

See ok Cabd is actually really worrying me right now and I think he's scum but I don't know if building a wagon on cabd halfway through the day with a replacement coming in and fery still catching up is the best thing right now

pedit: yeah nobody said mara was an amnesiac cop, but that's where amnesiac cop as a role came up.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”