Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #102 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

The Fall of the Matrix

The war has raged on for years, battle between man and machine taking tolls on both sides. Finally, numbers got so low that the Matrix only had a small number of humans still plugged into its system. At the same time, however, sentinels were closing in on a much weakened Zion, the residents of which could barely sustain themselves, much less defend against another wave of attacks. Thus, it was once again up to Morpheus and his crew to stage a desperate counter-attack to stop the machines. Finally, they found a solution: despite their reluctance to do so, they realized their best chance was to free or kill off the remaining humans powering the Matrix all at once. With the Matrix already weakened, it could only support a small number of programs to oppose them. The crew gathered as many as they could in one place to give them the choice, but the machines managed to sneak in a few programs along the way. Now Morpheus and the others need to find the hidden programs and eliminate them before it's too late!

New Mechanic:
Helios

The new mechanic, Helios, affects the length of each day, and the deadlines will change according to this mechanic. The specifics will be revealed at game start, but be prepared for a fast-paced game reflecting the desperate times found in this scenario. For this particular game, deadlines may range from three weeks to as low as 5-7 days. However, we will not be looking at a "Marathon"-type game, so don't worry about being that rushed.

Signups:

I will be accepting pre-/ins by pm, but keep in mind that all potential players must have completed at least two games to play in this one. I reserve the right to ban any player without warning, if I feel they will be detrimental to the game in some manner.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #122 (isolation #1) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:52 am

Game Name:
Tree Stump Mafia Reloaded

Theme:
Based on the original "Tree Stump Mafia" by Thok
, with new rules modifications
# of Players:

Moderator:
Mastermind of Sin

Backup Moderator:
Oman

Other notes:
- All players are required to have completed at least one Newbie game on this site
- I will be accepting pre-/ins

Game Roles:

16 people will receive the Tree PM

Town wrote:You are a Tree! Not leaping from tree to tree!

If you choose, you may commit suicide at any time during the day by posting "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree!". Doing this will kill you, reset the vote counts and keep day going. However, you will still be able to keep posting in the thread after saying this phrase (but not if lynched or nightkilled).

Otherwise, your only powers are to post, think, and vote.

You win when all Lumberjacks are dead.

Please confirm in the thread.

4 people will receive the Mafia PM

Mafia wrote:You are a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree! You are Mafia with X, Y, and Z.

Each night you may target a tree (but not a tree stump), and kill them. Trees killed this way will no longer be able to post in thread.

If you choose, you may commit suicide at any time during the day by posting "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree!". Doing this will kill you, reset the vote counts and keep day going. However, you will still be able to keep posting in the thread after saying this phrase (but not if lynched or nightkilled).

You win when there are at least as many Lumberjacks as Trees alive. Tree stumps do not count as Trees or Lumberjacks for purpose of this win condition.

You may confer with your fellow Lumberjacks during the night phase. However, tree stumps cannot communicate with living Lumberjacks.

Please confirm in the thread.

Game specific rules:

1. I will not be strict on requiring proper spelling for the Tree Stump activation phrase. Any phrase that is
reasonably close
to "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree!" will be considered an attempt to become a tree stump. [For reference, I consider "I didn't want this role. I wanted to be a Tree! Not leaping from tree to tree!" to not be close to the phrase.] I reserve the right to stump anyone who I believe is attempting to toe the line of similar phrases, so don't do it unless you're serious.

2. I will appreciate it if any person who is attempting to become a Tree Stump sends me a PM. This is not necessary, but it would make my life easier.

3. If you want to know how something will affect you, please send me a PM.

4. We will have a day start. There will be a
48 hour pregame
period for people to confirm/discuss some strategy/give mafia some time to talk outside the thread. No votes will be counted during this period.

5. The alignment of tree stumps will
not
be revealed. Only players who are lynched or nightkilled will have their roles revealed.

6. The town has the option of lynching any player who decides to stump. They will have a window of
48 hours
to come to a majority of votes, at which point the player will be lynched, revealing their alignment and ending the day. Any player lynched in such a manner will no longer be a tree stump. If any player decides to stump after another player becomes a tree stump, the first player will no longer be lynchable.

Example wrote:Mith decides to become a tree stump, posting the required phrase. The town now has the option of lynching him. 18 hours later, they still have not lynched him, and JEEP decides to become a tree stump as well. As soon as he posts the necessary phrasing, Mith can no longer be lynched, and the 48 hour window for lynching JEEP begins.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #222 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am

Get prepared for
Bastardmind of Sin
, the first full bastard game from the sinister mind of MoS! Expect crazy roles, crazy mechanics, special rules, daily events, and a hell of a lot of fun! This is an optional Upick game, players will be allowed to submit their own rolename if they wish. Otherwise, one will be assigned to them by the mod.

I should clarify that this game is not completely 100% bastard, but more has some small bastard elements and a lot of crazy random events and mechanics that will shake things up. I'm not a huge fan of outright lying to players or anything, and my primary goal is to make this game both fun and crazy at the same time.

Game Type:
Large Theme
Players:

Pre-/ins accepted.
Last edited by Mastermind of Sin on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #224 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:27 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:the sinister mind of MoS!

*groan*

I'm counting this as a pre-/in :P
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #229 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Image

Get prepared for
Bastardmind of Sin
, the first full bastard game from the sinister mind of MoS! Expect crazy roles, crazy mechanics, special rules, daily events, and a hell of a lot of fun! I should clarify that this game is not completely 100% bastard, but more has some small bastard elements and a lot of crazy random events and mechanics that will shake things up. I'm not a huge fan of outright lying to players or anything, and my primary goal is to make this game both fun and crazy at the same time.
Game Type:
Large Theme
Players:

Pre-/ins accepted.

Update: This game is now also an optional Upick game. Players will be allowed to choose their rolenames if they wish.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #233 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Image

Get prepared for
Bastardmind of Sin
, the first full bastard game from the sinister mind of MoS! Expect crazy roles, crazy mechanics, special rules, daily events, and a hell of a lot of fun! This is an optional Upick game, players will be allowed to submit their own rolename if they wish. Otherwise, one will be assigned to them by the mod.

I should clarify that this game is not completely 100% bastard, but more has some small bastard elements and a lot of crazy random events and mechanics that will shake things up. I'm not a huge fan of outright lying to players or anything, and my primary goal is to make this game both fun and crazy at the same time.

Game Type:
Large Theme
Players:

Pre-/ins accepted.

Bastermind of Sin has 4 pre-/in slots left. Get them while they last!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #235 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 am

2 Pre-/in slots left for Bastardmind of Sin!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #243 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Bastardmind of Sin's pre-/ins have filled! Watch for the signup thread as soon as it gets through the large theme queue!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #381 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:47 am

Designer Mafia 2012

In the spirit of our great country,
Team AMURICKA
brings you
Designer Mafia 2012
!

Design custom roles and submit them for possible inclusion in the setup. All roles in the setup will be created by the players themselves! Each player will have the opportunity to submit up to 3 custom roles to the mods, due no later than 48 hours after signups are complete.
Players who pre-/in can submit up to 4 roles instead of the usual 3!

1. Game Name
    - Designer Mafia 2012
  2. Mods
    - Team AMURICKA (Mastermind of Sin/Nachomamma)
  3. Number of Players
    - ??? (Minimum 20 players, maximum 30, will count it filled 48 hours after it hits 20)
  4. Pre-/ins Available

DO IT FOR AMURICKA

Un-American players can sign up, too. Please PM pre-/ins to Mastermind of Sin.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #383 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Actually, Designer Mafia is going to get delayed for a different post. Expect something here tonight or tomorrow.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #384 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Once upon a time, there was a University. It was built in the dead ruins of an older University. It wasn’t very big, perhaps fifty people in all. But it was the best University for miles and miles, so people came and learned and left. There was a small group of people who gathered there. People whose knowledge went beyond mathematics and grammar and rhetoric. They started a smaller group inside the University. They called it the Arcanum and it was a very small, very secret thing. They had a ranking system among themselves, and your rise through those ranks was due to prowess and nothing else. One entered this group by proving they could see things for what they really were. They became E’lir, which means see-er. Further, they became Re'lar by speaking names. Names are the shape of the world, and a man who can speak them is on the road to power. Back in the beginning the Arcanum was a small collection of men who understood things. Men who knew powerful names. They taught a few students, slowly, carefully encouraging them toward power and wisdom. And magic. Real magic.

Now the Arcanum was huge, so large that it had become the University itself. Now aspiring students from around the world traveled for a chance to learn the secrets of the University's Masters. If they show promise and can pay their tuition, the institution welcomes them with open arms. However, not everyone is as welcoming as they seem. Can the University's best discover those practicing malfeasance before the Masters expel them?

• # of Players:
  • Pre-/ins:
  • Mods:
    Mastermind of Sin and thestatusquo
Last edited by Mastermind of Sin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #387 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Two Pre-/ins still available for
Name Of The Wind
Permanent V/LA.