Role Ideas

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Role Ideas

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:45 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

I had some ideas for a few roles. Would they work?
Name: Flipper

Allegiance: Pro-Mafia/Pro-Town

A flipper is just what its name means. He/She flips sides. In the beginning of the game the flipper will either be given the alleigance of pro-town or pro-mafia. Every day his/her role will flip (i.e. Day 1- Mafia Day 2- Town, Day 3- Mafia, ect.) When killed, the town will be informed that the flipper was killed and that the flipper's alliegance is now permanentaly what it was when killed. If Mafia when killed the player will be informed of all the Mafia, but the mafia won't know them.
name: Cole/Psychic

Allegiance: Pro-town

Named after the kid from the Sixth Sense :P . This player gets to ask ONE question to each dead player if he/she chooses. Communicating with a Citizen, has is 0% chance of death. If Cole is tries to communicate with is a Mafia member than there is a 50% chance of death. If the dead person is any other special player (Cop/Docter/Serial Killer/ect.) there is a 33% chance of death. Other restrictions could be put on this player.

Name: Mimic/Copycat

Allegiance: None until ability is used

The mimic targets one person once to mimic any time in the game. Once the player has targeted the player the mimic duplicates the other players role. This could result in two vigilantes, two doctors, an exta mafia memebr or just another normal citizen. As soon as the ability has been used the player is no longer a mimic and loses the ability to mimic anyone else.

EDIT: yes I know the pictures are horrible
Last edited by gameshark1313 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:58 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

He just talks to dead people

Now that you say it though, I had some pretty bad ideas
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

Apologizeing beforehand for any games I may/will be inactive in because of Real Life
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:03 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

Kelly Chen wrote:Yay pictures.
gameshark1313 wrote:I had some ideas for a few roles. Would they work?
Name: Flipper

Allegiance: Pro-Mafia/Pro-Town

A flipper is just what its name means. He/She flips sides. In the beginning of the game the flipper will either be given the alleigance of pro-town or pro-mafia. Every day his/her role will flip (i.e. Day 1- Mafia Day 2- Town, Day 3- Mafia, ect.) When killed, the town will be informed that the flipper was killed and that the flipper's alliegance is now permanentaly what it was when killed. If Mafia when killed the player will be informed of all the Mafia, but the mafia won't know them.
Main reason I think this is bad is that you couldn't really let this guy know who his mafia partners were. Otherwise as soon as he's town he could break it open, hopefully in exchange for being lynched as town.
He/she would only know who the mafia are AFTER he/she is lynched as Mafia. So the person would kind of be like a traitor after he/she is killed

name: Cole/Psychic

Allegiance: Pro-town

Named after the kid from the Sixth Sense :P . This player gets to ask ONE question to each dead player if he/she chooses. Communicating with a Citizen, has is 0% chance of death. If Cole is tries to communicate with is a Mafia member than there is a 50% chance of death. If the dead person is any other special player (Cop/Docter/Serial Killer/ect.) there is a 33% chance of death. Other restrictions could be put on this player.
Difficulty here is that this seems to require no role reveal on death. Which seems to make games frustrating.
yes, my original idea for this was for no reveal games, but it would be useful if the player tries to communicate with the Cop or a Mafia member. Obviously the player would not be allowed to ask "Who are the surviving mafia members?" It could add strategy to the game.

Name: Mimic/Copycat

Allegiance: None until ability is used

The mimic targets one person once to mimic any time in the game. Once the player has targeted the player the mimic duplicates the other players role. This could result in two vigilantes, two doctors, an exta mafia memebr or just another normal citizen. As soon as the ability has been used the player is no longer a mimic and loses the ability to mimic anyone else.
I see potential here if he just copies alignment but not role. And has to make a decision fairly early.
That would be good too
See red
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:30 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

Mimic picture
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by gameshark1313 »

I am very happy at the (generally) positive feedback on some of the roles
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

Apologizeing beforehand for any games I may/will be inactive in because of Real Life
gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:14 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

They tell the truth after deatb
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

gameshark1313
gameshark1313
Townie
gameshark1313
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:44 am

Post by gameshark1313 »

That is an interesting idea....
2/2 Pro-Mafia
1/2 Pro-Town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”