Verbally abusing your fellow mafia player is not okay

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #120 (isolation #0) » Mon May 12, 2014 2:52 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 91, mastin2 wrote:Speaking of which, it should be noted: I will yell, curse, and shout at a player such as, saaaaaaaaaaaaay, Majiffy in the middle of the game. If I'm particularly emotional, I might call him some worse things than just 'cheeky scumfuck'. I will be royally ticked off, raging at him, but when all is said and done and the game's over...I'll shake his hand, say "Good game", and move on. I say a lot of words, words that were said with great passion and heat, but once the adrenaline has faded, I meant few (if any) of the harsh ones and he's still a friend.

I've never had a friendship broken because of a mafia game, not even when I've said that it was strained in a game and I felt betrayed and backstabbed by said friend. (AP, I believe. In more than one game. ) Because while I may be upset at the happenings of the game (ESPECIALLY if I feel like they shouldn't be happening and/or there's been a history of them having happened that way before), at the end, I'll have calmed down, and will be there to cooly comment in the post-game. (Most of the time. And even if not, then it won't carry over to our next game together, and in fact will be treated with casual banter more often than not!)

That's because I recognize that in a game, there will be great conflict and fighting and clashes of style and belief and whatnot. I'll get emotionally charged, and discharge just as much, creating some hostility, but it's never permanent, since it's just that: a game. Just one that I happen to take dead-seriously.
/thread
also, everyone should read mastin's walls. there's a lot of good stuff in there.

in pretty much every game i play, i'm offended by something someone else says (they'll call me an idiot, they'll say something i perceive as idiotic). but that's the price i pay for playing this game and i'm fine with that. 99.999% of the time, i'll get over it and let it go.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #127 (isolation #1) » Mon May 12, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 121, undo wrote:Since when is verbal abuse expected to be an integral part of any game?
since there are human beings involved and the nature of the game has to do with questioning their motives and honesty.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”