The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

This is currently filled. Thank you.

Do you love
?

Even if you don't (and you have no flavor knowledge);
Do you want to help review a crazy weird 13p setup I have for a follow-up game to Steven Universe Mafia?
Send me a PM.

Do you like pizza?
Send me a pizza.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

This is currently filled. Thank you.

How about Parasyte?

I need a reviewer to check off on a Large theme for me.
No Flavor Knowledge is required.
Bork's already had a bit of a look at an older incarnation of the game, but I want to spice up the mechanics and that family man is almost certainly going to be busy through the holidays.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 2832, Davsto wrote:I have an idea for a Mini Theme with different lynch mechanics (courtroom themed) I'd like to have a person or two look at, in terms of balance for making the mechanics work a bit better if there are hitches, and for balance of the number of town/scum.
Since the actual setup will be purely vanilla in terms of roles and the number of town/scum will be public, any reviewer may also get a pre-in if they wish.
The actual game isn't going to be up for a while because I have a Mini normal I haven't even started yet, but it's better to get this out of the way sooner than later.

Bumping this, still need someone. I've signed up to mod another game now since I didn't get any help for this, but would like some pointers. Thanks in advance!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

It's that time again, my little sea urchins. I've been working tirelessly on a 24-player theme game based on the Borderlands series, and I think it's finally ready for you to undress it with your eyes. Just like Borderlands itself, the setup is wacky, bizarre, and fun, so be sure to send me a PM if you're interested so we can review this bad boy together. Whaddaya say? Take my delicate alabaster hand in yours and go on this adventure with me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

But Skull.
I want to play in your cool-sounding Borderlands game.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Skullduggery »

Is that a pre-/in?

If you say yes, I'm putting you down as a pre-/in.

If you say no, I'm putting you down as a pre-/in.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 2848, Ythan wrote:I suppose I'd like a brief review of a blitz micro.

Treasures beyond your wildest dreams await.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Ythan »

That worked. Thanks folks.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:34 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm excited to start another mini theme game
I need 2 reviews and a back up just in case.

The game will be a U-pick game and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
I'm thinking all female but I'm not sure how many women on mafia scum want to be in a bad ass girl u-pick game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 2853, Skullduggery wrote:It's that time again, my little sea urchins. I've been working tirelessly on a 24-player theme game based on the Borderlands series, and I think it's finally ready for you to undress it with your eyes. Just like Borderlands itself, the setup is wacky, bizarre, and fun, so be sure to send me a PM if you're interested so we can review this bad boy together. Whaddaya say? Take my delicate alabaster hand in yours and go on this adventure with me.

No takers yet. Do I need to start offering promises of pizza?

EDIT: Got what I need! Thanks to Xtoxm and Cheetory6 for being two cool dudes. If anyone else wants to lend a hand, drop me a PM. I won't say no to another set of eyes looking things over.
Last edited by Skullduggery on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I need several reviewers for the large theme game I'm designing.

The setup will feature about 25~26ish players and will have some complex mechanics. This is also considered as a slightly bastard game. (But more like bastard by semantics.)
The setup is currently in mechanic design phase but I would like some help with reviewing that first before I start with roles.

The flavor is Hyperdimension Neptunia series and will contain heavy spoilers about terms and characters but not storylines.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:33 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

I need some reviewers for a 15p game I am working on. It is a non-normal open setup, however, it is not a bastard game. Players know exactly what to expect. The setup is completely transparent. There is no element of randomness (that cannot be prevented by the action of a rational player). Of course, the initial move by Nature is an exception. This is inherently random, but does not affect the expected utility of each team, assuming that players are equal in skill. (This is just like any other game.) It will involve modifying some nightkill mechanics, and the rest of the setup is based on this modification.

Furthermore, this game will be themeless. I will pay no attention whatsoever to flavor or story (I am just not that kind of person). Instead, it will focus on logic and reasoning. Speculation about the actual role distribution is not only allowed, it is also encouraged.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:16 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 2861, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I need some reviewers for a 15p game I am working on. It is a non-normal open setup, however, it is not a bastard game. Players know exactly what to expect. The setup is completely transparent. There is no element of randomness (that cannot be prevented by the action of a rational player). Of course, the initial move by Nature is an exception. This is inherently random, but does not affect the expected utility of each team, assuming that players are equal in skill. (This is just like any other game.) It will involve modifying some nightkill mechanics, and the rest of the setup is based on this modification.

Furthermore, this game will be themeless. I will pay no attention whatsoever to flavor or story (I am just not that kind of person). Instead, it will focus on logic and reasoning. Speculation about the actual role distribution is not only allowed, it is also encouraged.

Having seen this, Id be interesting in co/backup modding it for the AI should it be approved. It uses unique mechanics.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:32 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 2862, pisskop wrote:
In post 2861, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I need some reviewers for a 15p game I am working on. It is a non-normal open setup, however, it is not a bastard game. Players know exactly what to expect. The setup is completely transparent. There is no element of randomness (that cannot be prevented by the action of a rational player). Of course, the initial move by Nature is an exception. This is inherently random, but does not affect the expected utility of each team, assuming that players are equal in skill. (This is just like any other game.) It will involve modifying some nightkill mechanics, and the rest of the setup is based on this modification.

Having seen this, Id be interesting in co/backup modding it for the AI should it be approved. It uses unique mechanics.
Thanks. :) I hope other people are interested as well. It is experimental, but if it proves successful, it could inspire other games to use similar mechanics (to generate evidence of some sort without it being outside of the control of the players).

Reviewers are free to criticize it as much as they want. Modifications are inevitable, I know that. I am convinced that the game mechanics have potential, though. I am happy to defend my ideas. However, when something is unbalanced, I will revise it.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Yimmy »

I would like 2 reviwers for my officially plotinus approved plotinus mafia, using only roles that plotinus has had in the past (with some modifications if needed)

Filled! Thanks
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Need reviewer(s) for a 13p Blitz Queue game,
Drunk Mafia
. And yes, it is a mafia drinking game. Or a drinking mafia game. Depends on how you see it!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Marquis »

Looking for reviewers for Pokémon Gen III UPick (pre-signup plans and post-picks), a ~15p large theme. Planning on entering signups in January if all works out!
link in bio
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Well, it's high time to step up. I need some more reviewers for my soon-to-be Detective Conan mafia. PM me if interested.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:10 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 2865, Aeronaut wrote:Need reviewer(s) for a 13p Blitz Queue game,
Drunk Mafia
. And yes, it is a mafia drinking game. Or a drinking mafia game. Depends on how you see it!

I don't want to review it but I definitely want to play it.

shots all around
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Drunk Mafia

Still really need this! Will reward with pictures of puppies and lots of hugs!

In post 2868, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Drunk Mafia

I don't want to review it but I definitely want to play it.

shots all around

Will keep in mind
2023 W/L | 1-0
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:22 am

Post by insanity018 »

Looking for a reviewer for a 9p micro game. It will be based on How to Get Away with Murder (Season 1).

Please PM me! You don't need to know the flavour and I mostly would like advice on balance.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:14 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Looking for a review of a 9p micro theme game based on Inventors that only give one specific role. If you shoot me a PM I'll reply with the setup. Thanks! :)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Elyse »

Looking for reviewers for A Song of Ice and Fire UPick. It's a 21p large theme. It'd be great if you had experience with UPicks and/or the source material, but not necessary. I have a basic setup in mind, but will need help tweaking and such once sign-ups are over. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Elyse »

Oh yeah for those who don't know that's the Game of Thrones series but the books are actually called A Song of Ice and Fire
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:08 am

Post by insanity018 »

In post 2870, insanity018 wrote:Looking for a reviewer for a 9p micro game. It will be based on How to Get Away with Murder (Season 1).

Please PM me! You don't need to know the flavour and I mostly would like advice on balance.

RadiantCowbells has already looked at this but I would greatly appreciate having another set of eyes. Thanks!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”