Newbie 1316 - Carson City Crisis (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Newbie 1316 - Carson City Crisis (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 am

Post by zoraster »

We don't cotton to any vans around here

Deadline: March 21st at Noon EST

Players Alive
  1. RagnarokCometh
    Galadriel

2. lohanoholic
  3. Mirhawk (SE)

Players Dead

Day 1:
chkflip
Combatjellyfish
the Vanilla Townie was lynched

Night 1:
Hume the Vanilla Townie was lynched

Day 2:
Ms Marangal the Vanilla Townie was lynched

Night 2:
Ravenpaw
apollo932
the Town Cop was killed

Day 3:
Naomi-Tan the Mafia Goon was lynched

Night 3: No deaths
Day 4:
Nachomamma8 the mafia rolecop was lynched
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 am

Post by zoraster »

Game Rules

(shamelessly stolen from Glork, Magua and Tierce)

General Rules

1. The site-wide rules apply.
  2. Play to win.
  3. We're all here to have fun. Tempers may flare, but avoid personal attacks and keep it civil.
  4. Do not impersonate or pretend to be the moderator. The Out of Character (OOC) tag is reserved exclusively for my use.
  5. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread. If there is a problem with a post, such as incorrect formatting, ask me to fix it for you.
  6. Do not quote communications outside the game thread, including role PMs, quicktopics, etc., in the game thread. This specifically includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
  7. Unless I have specifically told you it is allowed, do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until it is completed.
  8. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or the like.
  9. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
  10. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes, among other things, making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
  11. Claiming scum by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with others is not, regardless of the truth of this claim.
  12. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule.
  13. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the game day.
  14. No set of rules can be all-encompassing. I reserve the right to take any action at any time, for any reason. However, I try to be extremely reasonable. If you have any questions about the game, rules, or players, please ask me via PM.

Activity Rules

1. If a player goes 72 real life hours without posting, they may be prodded at my discretion, or upon being asked by another player. Prods will be announced in thread.
  2. If a player does not respond to their prod within 36 real life hours, is prodded thrice in the same game-day, or four times in total within the game, they may be force-replaced at my discretion.
  3. If you will be V/LA, please alert me in the thread or via PM.
  4. Day 1 will have a deadline of twenty-one real life days (three weeks). All subsequent days will have a deadline of fourteen days (two weeks).
  5. In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, there will be
    No Lynch
  6. Each night will have a deadline of three real life days (72 hours).
  7. If a player has a night action, but does not submit a choice before deadline, they will perform no action.

8. I may extend deadlines in the event replacements must be found, at my discretion. This will be announced in thread.

Voting Rules

1. Votes must be at the beginning of a new line, using vote tags or
    bold
    (VOTE: Player name/
    VOTE: Player name
    ). If you do not wish to lynch, you may VOTE: No Lynch/
    VOTE: No Lynch
    . Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote.
  2. It is not necessary to explicitly unvote (UNVOTE: Player name/
    UNVOTE: Player name
    ) before voting someone else.
  3. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched.
  4. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  5. If you are dead, that is it. Do not post.

Setup Rules

Copies of the possible Role PMs can be found below for your convenience.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:20 am

Post by zoraster »

Sample Role PMs

Mafia Goon Role PM wrote:Welcome to Newbie 1308!

You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partner is
[Player name]
, who is a
Mafia Rolecop

During the night phase, you may communicate using this quicktopic. Each night your team may select one player to make the Mafia's kill.

You win when your faction gains half or more of the town's population, or when nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here. Good luck.

Mafia Rolecop Role PM wrote:Welcome to Newbie 1308!

You are a
Mafia Rolecop
. Your partner is
[Player name]
, who is a
Mafia Goon

During the night phase, you may communicate using this quicktopic. Each night your team may select one player to make the Mafia's kill. Each night, you may also target one player to learn what their role name is. You will receive results in the format of
"
[Player name]
is a Cop/Doctor/Jailkeeper/Vanilla Townie"
or
"No result"
. You can kill and rolecop someone on the same night.

You win when your faction gains half or more of the town's population, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Cop Role PM wrote:Welcome to Newbie 1308!

You are a
Cop

Each night, you may target one player to learn whether they are a member of the Town or the Mafia. You will receive results in the format of
"
[Player name]
is Town/Mafia"
or
"No result"

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and at least one pro-Town player remains alive.

Doctor Role PM wrote:Welcome to Newbie 1308!

You are a
Doctor

Each night you may target one player to protect them from being killed that night. You will not be told whether your protection was successful.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and at least one pro-Town player remains alive.

Jailkeeper Role PM wrote:Welcome to Newbie 1308!

You are a
Jailkeeper

Each night you may target one player to both prevent them from taking an action (if they have one) and protect them from being killed that night.

Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:Welcome to Newbie 1308!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Post by zoraster »

rgam at 7:24
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Begins Now!

Day 1

apollo932 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Combatjellyfish ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Galadriel ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Hume ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

lohanoholic ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Mirhawk ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Ms Marangal ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Nachomamma8 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Naomi-Tan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 5 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 9 )
apollo932 Combatjellyfish Galadriel Hume lohanoholic Mirhawk Ms Marangal Nachomamma8 Naomi-Tan

Total Votes ( 9 )

Needed to Lynch [ 5 ]

Deadline: January 17th at 20:00 EST

Pardon my delay. Due to Christmas there was a communication error.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

whoop, first game on the site and first to post!!

VOTE: Combatjellyfish

Simply because Jellyfish stink
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Combatjellyfish

Optimal vote.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Galadriel
Galadriel
Townie
Galadriel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by Galadriel »

VOTE: Hume

Because the Scottish philosopher rejected the possibility of certainty in knowledge!!!
lohanoholic
lohanoholic
Townie
lohanoholic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by lohanoholic »

Just wanted to check in. I think I'll wait before I vote. It'll be easiest if the tide is leaning towards someone who never bothers to post, because non-players don't provide any fun.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

UNVOTE:

Nacho votes for Jellyfish after me? I find that interesting though looking at the OP, he's the IC and I don't think someone with that much experience would make such an error. I also find it interesting that Iohan doesn't participate in the RVS stage but rather, decides to wait until someone is close to being lynched to make his vote

FOS/ Nacho and Iohanoholic
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Such an error? What's wrong with stacking votes?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Other then the fact that you don't seem to be worried about a bandwagon might be starting on a town player before he could actually defend himself? at first glance, it seems like mafia might have joined the vote wagon in hopes to get it moving, and thus lead to a successful town lynch.
Hume
Hume
Townie
Hume
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Post by Hume »

@Galadriel
; post [7]
In post 7, Galadriel wrote:
VOTE: Hume

Because the Scottish philosopher rejected the possibility of certainty in knowledge!!!

Which is why I must therefore be town - only mafia could have total certainty in their choices. :cool:

@lohanoholic; post [8]
In post 8, lohanoholic wrote:I think I'll wait before I vote. It'll be easiest if the tide is leaning towards someone who never bothers to post, because non-players don't provide any fun.

- You say "it'll be easist". To what does the "it" refer? You've only mentioned waiting and voting, which are equally easy regardless of "the tide".
- This is a competitive game. The fun comes firstly from playing well and secondly from winning. Lynching players who
never
post is not playing well if it is the
only
reason behind the lynch, and does not help you win; if they never post they will be mod-replaced. We then can gain information from their replacement. So, why does lynching player who never post make them game more "fun"?
Hume
Hume
Townie
Hume
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:21 am

Post by Hume »

Apologies for the typos in the above post. The last sentence should have read;

So, why does lynching player
s
who never post make
the
game more "fun"?
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

I'm still away for holidays :D
be posting more consistently on the 2nd onwards.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:44 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

But, It was just one page :D So I read it

Ms Marangal; A bandwaggon wouldn't build with a reason like; "Simply because Jellyfish stink" so by saying a bandwaggon might build before they have chance to defend themselves, I think your trying to make the IC look worse, Bandwaggons build for reasons, not because of joke votes :s
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:59 am

Post by Mirhawk »

vote: Ms.M

Seems to be making semi serious accusations over fairly quibbleing points. Perhaps to see if anyone else will pick them up.

Access to the internet will be sporatic until new year. I hate phone posting so don't expect any novels out of me.
lohanoholic
lohanoholic
Townie
lohanoholic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:53 am

Post by lohanoholic »

Well I've never played online before. In real life there's no such thing as being mod-replaced. You can't exactly go, "Hey, friend, go away. We will roam around outside and find a new friend who will actually play instead of sitting there texting" or whatever.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 11, Ms Marangal wrote:Other then the fact that you don't seem to be worried about a bandwagon might be starting on a town player before he could actually defend himself? at first glance, it seems like mafia might have joined the vote wagon in hopes to get it moving, and thus lead to a successful town lynch.

Not really worried about bandwagons starting, no. If all goes well, we probably won't see a lynch for about 9 days or so, meaning that a two-man wagon that starts on the first page isn't exactly something to worry about.

In post 17, lohanoholic wrote:Well I've never played online before. In real life there's no such thing as being mod-replaced. You can't exactly go, "Hey, friend, go away. We will roam around outside and find a new friend who will actually play instead of sitting there texting" or whatever.

No worries about replacements here, though. So why are you still waiting?

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 15, Naomi-Tan wrote:But, It was just one page :D So I read it

Ms Marangal; A bandwaggon wouldn't build with a reason like; "Simply because Jellyfish stink" so by saying a bandwaggon might build before they have chance to defend themselves, I think your trying to make the IC look worse, Bandwaggons build for reasons, not because of joke votes :s

Exactly why I didn't expect two votes to go to a single player when there are 8 others to choose from.you also act like Nacho is the only one that I addressed in that post. Defensive of IC much?

In post 16, Mirhawk wrote:
vote: Ms.M

Seems to be making semi serious accusations over fairly quibbleing points. Perhaps to see if anyone else will pick them up.

Access to the internet will be sporatic until new year. I hate phone posting so don't expect any novels out of me.

I'm a fairly serious player. off site, RVS don't usually get past the first page when I'm around. you scared of a serious player or something?

In post 18, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Not really worried about bandwagons starting, no. If all goes well, we probably won't see a lynch for about 9 days or so, meaning that a two-man wagon that starts on the first page isn't exactly something to worry about.

Fair reasoning, I may be a tad bit to paranoid but I'll still keep a close watch
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

@Ms.M
Not at all, I just don't think that those are very good reasons for suggesting a nacho/lohan scumteam.

Why do you think a town player would be adverse to placing a second vote on a person.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 9, Ms Marangal wrote:I also find it interesting that Iohan doesn't participate in the RVS stage but rather, decides to wait until someone is close to being lynched to make his vote

sorry, not much time, so was just skim reading and missed that part. While I agree with taking part on the joke votes (unless the phase is over/your limited access) I dont think you can jump to the 'waiting until someone is close to being lynched' part when no one has been getting close to lynch

UNVOTE
VOTE: Ms Marangal

You attacked someone for random voting the same person as you, for a different 'jokey' reason, which is a good thing. However, you proceeded to say that a town member would be worried about miss lynching, partially when said person hasn't given out a defence, implying you can defend random votes upon you.

You also appear to be throwing out suspicions without voting upon them, meaning you are either; a) looking for someone else to lead the lynch or, b) know that if someone looked into it, you couldn't properly defend your vote.

you also attacked someone who failed to place a random vote during RVS, thats a good thing, however the addintional section where you talk about them waiting for someone to be close to lynch, isn't even possible at this stage

long story short, your making people appear to be worse than they are, which I find scummy.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
lohanoholic
lohanoholic
Townie
lohanoholic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by lohanoholic »

This seems to be a tad over-serious for a first day when no one has any information. Going off guns a-blazing so quickly is weird.

Vote: Ms. Marangal
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Mir, I Explained why when I made my original post. I'm always wary of mislynching as well as quick lynching and though my original reasoning's aren't that solid, they pave the way for more certifiable scum slips that can be picked up on. I don't think Iohan and Nacho are a team just yet though I think one of them might just be scum the task becomes figuring out who and who their scum buddy is.

Naomi:
A) I didn't expect a a single person to obtain two random votes. also, with two votes on a person, he would be placed at L3 meaning had another townie voted for him, mafia could quick lynch him easy, didn't want that to happen
B) I'm looking for reasons to trust people as well as cause scum to slip
C) I don't place serious votes unless I am fairly sure that the person is scum, or if lynching a person would give us answers as to who scum may be.
D) I'm not a fan of RVS and tend to end it as soon as possible, which just happened. In my opinion RVS can be used as a shield for scum to hide under, a way to make their actions unaccounted for.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

A) Scum wouldn't quick lynch day 1, it would be way too obvious and make it extremely easy for town to lynch them the following days
B) Looking for reasons to trust people is fine, but making people appear worse than they are isn't a 'pro-town' tactic, there is no reason for town to make people seam worse than they are
C) Understandable. not sure how its related
D) RVS is just a stage to break the ice and start the 'REAL' scum hunting, most information during that stage is pointless, however you threw out things like
In post 9, Ms Marangal wrote:Iohan doesn't participate in the RVS stage
but rather, decides to wait until someone is close to being lynched to make his vote

and
In post 11, Ms Marangal wrote:Other then the fact that you don't seem to be worried about a bandwagon might be starting on a town player before he could actually defend himself? at first glance, it seems like mafia might have joined the vote wagon in hopes to get it moving, and thus lead to a successful town lynch.

I still think your scum, and i'm not dropping the pressure yet.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”