Newbie 1737 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm just messing around man. Also, WHERE's MAH DAM TABLE?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Here it is.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I KNEW WE HAD LOST THE EXACT SECOND KUROR POSTED THAT DAMN GIF
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm gonna unsubscribe this topic as soon as I see the mafia topic so I don't lose my mind in rage.
<Embrace The Void>

Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Galagya »

Just want to clarify something -- boring, do you really have trouble understanding me that much or was it part of your play? I really do have an issue with communication so I'm sure it'll happen again. But the extent of it was like, holy shit, is this for real? & btw if it WAS part of your play, there's nothing wrong with jumping on that. I don't blame you for being like "oh they have trouble communicating? F YES" if that's what happened. Looking back it's my own fault for making myself an easy target. I was originally gonna see if you jumped on that and kept trying to push it to check if you were scum or not buuuut didn't end up being able to. Damn!

I wish town would have waited to vote me before getting a response, but what're ya gonna do, right?

Honestly a lot of my suspicion at Lmk was due to their suspicion on me... or rather, not even that but like, how they were SURE I was scum throughout kind of thing. I dunno to me it looked like either tunneling or scum. No offense, Lmk, but that's why I scumread you lmao. As for when I got specific points against you, well see I try to look big picture & not nitpick, but eh... in this game people didn't seem to care about big picture stuff near the end so I honestly tried communicating my general overall thoughts by adding up the small points people DID get, y'know?

Anyway yeah, buh. I wish I had a chance to vote kuror0 after Gamma - that would have been legit, even if Lmk didn't agree to it(I mean honestly if it happened like that I think the end result might have been the same coz I think Lmk reaaaally wanted to lynch my ass haha(again, don't blame you, even if I don't understand it - just a game, after all)).

Also, was looking forward to coming on and posting the argument against boring's accusation that I mindlessly conftowned Gamma when he had bad arguments himself and good arguments against him by being like "look at this dude's play, it's just him, that plus his slot = town damn it!" but yeahhh too late. Fun in any case!
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

I FUCKING KNEW THAT BORING WAS SCUM! FUCK I SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED MY GUT
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO DUDE? I HAD HER AS CONFTOWN!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A LESSON TO ALL: COMMUNICATE YOUR READS!
<Embrace The Void>

Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Galagya »

That gif was terrifying but awesome, I have to admit.

I am actually pretty proud of myself. First game and I was actually pretty damn accurate in my reads. I REALLY need to work on convincing others, though. Being right means shit if you can't prove you're right, after all. So good on scum for being scummy enough for me to notice yet being able to refute me so well! Particularly boring. I was genuinely unsure and so I left you alone more than I should have. I honestly got the regressive-mentality-type-vibes(like "I'm always right you're always wrong the end fuck logic") and was like ok not gonna mess with this person for as long as I can help it coz they'll react with more intensity than it's worth LMAO again no offense intended, seeing as it was clearly part of your game, at least in part.
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 780, Gamma Emerald wrote:WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO DUDE? I HAD HER AS CONFTOWN!
Yeah fuck, its all the replacements. I just checked the list and I realised i fucked up. I thought nmego was scum, but thought that the replacement was someone else. Ugh, big mistake sorry guys
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by Galagya »

WHAT LMK HAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Yeah agreed man, tell us these things, holy crap I thought I was alone on scumreading boring. All alloonnneee
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Galagya »

oh well that makes more sense.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by goodmorning »

guys i literally was screaming about how scummy boring was in the dead thread nearly the whole time

i hope you're happy
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If you had presented a case arrrgh
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Embrace The Void>

LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

Anyway, this game was a joke. It was too easy for boring to come in and play the game like she did. There was no one else posting and she just had to comment a bunch and no one really could say anything back or else it was essentially wasted. Plus I thought galagya was scum and boring wouldn't buss galagya in this situation, making me doubt my read
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by goodmorning »

If anyone wants me to say IC things you're welcome to ask.

LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

I wish galagya hadn't afk'd at the end there, would have actually changed a lot for me tbh. and holy fuck map wolf is even worse. Basically just makes the worst town actions and then stops posting
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

Ah well, gg all, was kinda looking forward to this game ending, I wasn't really enjoying it too much until the very end there. It was very dull
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I thought Map was a really obvious newbTown.

Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Galagya »

As IC, looking at this game, how can I improve my play? No seriously, I really wanna know what I should work on, or where I should have done things differently - if there are specific instances, please let me know!

I had a lot of @IC questions for you throughout, too. Sucks you were the D1 NL! I thought that you were a legit player & figured we'd work well together. I thought you were town and man, do I wish Skiddish openly claimed...! Too easy for scum, man. Too easy.

Speaking of, Skiddish, WHYYYYY? TELL ME WHYYYYyyyyyyy

I dunno man Map though, oi... at least Skiddish fought it. I was extremely frustrated at Map, and can't think of any rational excuse for it. Map, can you explain it, or...? I mean no pressure, I just would like to understand I guess
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

BLARG
Legit I am totally making an article about what not to do as town on the wiki.
<Embrace The Void>

Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Galagya »

@Lmk: I couldn't help being afk, unfortunately. I mean, why didn't you wait though? See I figure you just were convinced I was scum and that was that. You think you might have changed your mind though? That'd definitely have made things more interesting!
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Galagya »

also I agree at the end I was kind of meh about the game, but I really just didn't have the time for it. I've recently started back up with my art commissions, and go figure right after I take that on, which shouldn't have been a problem, I ended up getting dragged into a huge amount of babysitting. So the two combined made it so I've actually lost sleep - forget mafia, I'm a zombie at this point.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by boring »

Yes, Galagya, you're convoluted. Every lie has to have an element of truth to be effective. But I would have just adjusted to you, to Gamma too, before too long, had I no incentive to discredit you. You two required more effort to read/manipulate than Lmk. He's a more logical thinker, so it was easier for the two of us to seduce him with sound, rational arguments (sorry, dude).
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by boring »

Goodmorning, I want IC tips. My first game, I set off alarms because I was too coy and neutral. It almost cost me the game. My second game, I was trying to soak up guidance from a large scum team, and I felt about halfway through that I wasn't getting anywhere. I was eventually caught doing the NK. This third one, I wanted to try the team-leader, pocketing thing. I know it looked scummy from the outside, and I know it wouldn't work so well in a game with more experienced people.

So what's the balance? How do you play scum without getting everyone's gut in an uproar?
Galagya
Galagya
Townie
Galagya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Galagya »

No sorry required. I learned a lot thanks to this, and I appreciate your honesty. & really, this affirms that I shouldn't overthink myself as much, either - forget overthinking others, I have never really directed that inward and I did in this game more than I should have(hence, lowering you on my scum-scale, when otherwise I /wanted/ to put you above Lmk if we're being real here... but you managed to push yourself lower by realizing this flaw and making intelligent use of it, which is legit as far as I'm concerned).

I may not be straight-forward in every facet of my thinking. I take things to be more nuanced, but I feel that's the proper way to handle things, & that you can be logical while doing so. If people disagree, that's fine. I will try not to get big headed over my suspicions here being right, because it may well have been beginners luck. However, this game has given me a lot to think about, & even more to apply to other games. boring, you were one of the bigger parts of that, so thank you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”