Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #317 (isolation #0) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 57, implosion wrote: Well I mean, kind of but not really. sheep is town for being the kind of thing town would try to do early and that I think would be a less natural remark for scum to make. Invis is town specifically for wagoning off "gut pingss" being a slightly brazen thing for scum to do. I also kind of want to call the "don't eat wagons" banter townish just for idk, natural banter in thread on page 2.
I agree with the sheep reasoning. I disagree on the Invisibility reasoning - I don't think that is town indicative.
In post 67, skitter30 wrote: The fact that i had had the same thought abt vizzy
This is eyebrow raising for me.
In post 79, Andante wrote:
In post 76, Invisibility wrote:
In post 72, Andante wrote: If we have a serial killer, pretty sure it's implosion based on how he's playing, it reads to me as like "hey! tr me!!! look at my effort" and sk not knowing scum team? easy to do this
how do you distinguish this from town solving?
cause it's less than 100 posts in and implosion is trying like super hard, it just screams sk to me
Why can't town try hard?
In post 103, Cephrir wrote: andante seems a bit like an exaggerated version of andante right now but idk
I agree with this
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #318 (isolation #1) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think that the above reads list makes Alianna scum. I find that townreading all the most active players is a sign that the person making the list is anti-town.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #319 (isolation #2) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 302, Alianna wrote:
@mod
- are we getting a replacement for Dunn?
Generally when a player is gone for 48 hours the mod will send them a prod. After an additional 24 hours the mod will begin to look for a replacement.

So no, I don't think we will need a replacement in this scenario.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #320 (isolation #3) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah your reads are sorted by post count. I don't really by that as being a genuine thought process, but rather a byproduct of playing to the crowd. I also don't like that you list your scum leans as "null" as I also think that is a scum move to avoid making enemies by only pushing 1 or 2 people at a time.

VOTE: Alianna
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #322 (isolation #4) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I actually somehow only noticed this game opened this morning and hadn't gotten around to it until tonight. Didn't realize it's been 48 hours yet.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #323 (isolation #5) » Fri May 26, 2023 6:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I like GuerillaWoo and would not want to see them go.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #324 (isolation #6) » Fri May 26, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 316, Alianna wrote: So we have a problem. One person is sus and there's 2-4 bad guys in the game.
If you're town your problem is that you will townread everyone for light banter and giving the bare minimum of content. You are not being skeptical enough.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #325 (isolation #7) » Fri May 26, 2023 7:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't like Cat Scratch Fever's posts on page 11. That's just a feeling for now though. I think GuerillaWoo is talking a lot of sense on this page.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #328 (isolation #8) » Fri May 26, 2023 7:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 326, Alianna wrote: I'm not doing that though. The players in null are not scumleans, they are null.
If you think everybody else is town, by definition you have to think there are several scum in that set of players. They are not null - you think they have a higher than average chance of being scum.

You are describing it as null but above you say you think there are likely scum in that group, and I don't suppose you think there are scum in your town reads, so what would you call that?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #354 (isolation #9) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 347, Aisa wrote:
In post 329, GuerillaWoo wrote: [...]
In post 303, Alianna wrote: If you think Andante is a good wagon, why did you never vote her?
She's already got 3 votes, no need to E-1 this early
[...]
I noticed you seemed to think the number of votes needed to eliminate was 5. It's actually 7, because there are 13 players in this game.
There's also been some discussion of who you thought was voting you and why you thought they were voting you.

I also noticed that you had 3 votes on you - CSF, Drew, Alianna. This got me wondering what would happen if I cast a fourth vote on you. Would you act like you were at E-1? Would you slip up and contradict yourself?

FWIW I don't know what to make of our whole interaction yet. Maybe I'll write some thoughts on it later, but right now I just want to let it sit in my brain for a bit.
Good observation
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #380 (isolation #10) » Sat May 27, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 369, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 318, Dunnstral wrote: I think that the above reads list makes Alianna scum. I find that townreading all the most active players is a sign that the person making the list is anti-town.
In post 319, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 302, Alianna wrote:
@mod
- are we getting a replacement for Dunn?
Generally when a player is gone for 48 hours the mod will send them a prod. After an additional 24 hours the mod will begin to look for a replacement.

So no, I don't think we will need a replacement in this scenario.
In post 320, Dunnstral wrote: Image

Yeah your reads are sorted by post count. I don't really by that as being a genuine thought process, but rather a byproduct of playing to the crowd. I also don't like that you list your scum leans as "null" as I also think that is a scum move to avoid making enemies by only pushing 1 or 2 people at a time.

VOTE: Alianna
Were you caught up when you made these posts?
I skipped from page 5 to right above my own posts
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #400 (isolation #11) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 381, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 380, Dunnstral wrote: I skipped from page 5 to right above my own posts
I dunno, maybe you believe townreading active posters is generally a scumtell

But it seemed a bit strange that you would call out the reads list without having read more to know if you agreed with the reads or not
I explained my reasoning. I think it is naive to townread all the most active players, at best, and scum motivated at worst.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #517 (isolation #12) » Mon May 29, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 459, Andante wrote: bros… how do I have like 5 times the posts as the rest yall… wtf? and yall think voting out the person actually posting is a good move???
I'm thinking posting 15 times in a row has something to do with it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #814 (isolation #13) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 519, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I believe Andante claim and don't think she would be a good lim today
You believe the claim "I'm a pr"? Do you know how easy it is for mafia to fake claim that in this setup?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #856 (isolation #14) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

a
In post 850, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: also a thought that crossed my mind earlier was did Dunnstral really see Alianna's readslist, open up activity overview, and cross check it?
Well I posted an image of me doing that so I'd say yes I did do that. I'm not sure what you are arguing here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #857 (isolation #15) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 753, Andante wrote: - I think this post would’ve been fine… if it was Dunn’s first post, but after “catching up” and commenting on activity levels, feels weird, not sure if this makes dunn scum, but like with this and above, I’m not really seeing how dunn would be town and make these posts
I didn't call lurkers scum or anything, did I? Not sure what your point is either.

Enchant, why are you voting for me?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #879 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:17 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 858, Enchant wrote:
In post 857, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 753, Andante wrote: - I think this post would’ve been fine… if it was Dunn’s first post, but after “catching up” and commenting on activity levels, feels weird, not sure if this makes dunn scum, but like with this and above, I’m not really seeing how dunn would be town and make these posts
I didn't call lurkers scum or anything, did I? Not sure what your point is either.

Enchant, why are you voting for me?
Because i am not voting Andante and pretty sceptical about selfvoting.
I don't think this is a good explanation. I had 1 vote when you voted for me so I wasn't an established wagon or anything.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #880 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 860, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 856, Dunnstral wrote: a
In post 850, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: also a thought that crossed my mind earlier was did Dunnstral really see Alianna's readslist, open up activity overview, and cross check it?
Well I posted an image of me doing that so I'd say yes I did do that. I'm not sure what you are arguing here.
Yes you did but not without reading the game first. Or is checking activity overview something you randomly just do?
You do you cat. If you want to argue that I'm mafia because I checked the activity overview "at a weird time" then that's fine, but I don't have any interest in defending against this. I can check the activity overview whenever I want.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #881 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 709, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.8

A young girl was found wandering the streets of Scarfolk in 1976. She claimed that she had escaped from a secret school hidden beneath the town hospital.

She was sent to Scarfolk Hills mental facility where, in brief lucid states between medication regimes and electro-therapy, she created this image again and again.

Her claims were never investigated.

Enchant (5):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Alianna, skitter30
GuerillaWoo (2):
Cat Scratch Fever, Menalque
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral
implosion (1):
Enchant
Aisa (1):
Andante

Not voting (3):
Invisibility, GuerillaWoo, Aisa

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-03 21:40:00)

Notes:
  • Alianna is on V/LA through Wednesday 5/31.
In post 802, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.9

Naturally, road safety is as important in Scarfolk as it is anywhere else.

There was a car accident on Scarfolk Moors in November, 1975. A driver veered off the road after being distracted by a dark, hulking entity stalking across the barren, misty landscape.

The driver tried to film the entity with his Super8 film camera, but the footage is shaky and indistinct.

Many believe this is a confirmed sighting of the ‘Scarfolk Beast,’ which was spotted on the moors and even around town for many years.

Enchant (5):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Alianna, skitter30
Dunnstral (3):
Andante, Enchant, Menalque
GuerillaWoo (1):
Cat Scratch Fever
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral

Not voting (3):
GuerillaWoo, Aisa, Invisibility

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-03 21:40:00)

Notes:
  • Alianna is on V/LA through Wednesday 5/31.
For Enchant

Andante was not a wagon and neither was I, several other players were being voted and one even had more votes than me at some point. Are you saying this is just a self preservation vote? Because I don't think I was the wagon against you until you forced the issue.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #883 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Who do you actually think is mafia?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #896 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Dunnstral »

So why are you voting me Menalque?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #898 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Nevermind I didn't read your big post and just read your order of eliminations.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #939 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 920, implosion wrote: Why the out-of-the-gate Aisa vote, sheep?

I think we need to pressure Dunn at this point. I also think skitter is a candidate for scum worth considering/looking closer at.
In post 927, Aisa wrote:
In post 920, implosion wrote: I think we need to pressure Dunn at this point.
I like this plan!
VOTE: Dunnstral

To answer Mena's question about what I think about Dunn, I have no idea what to think. I played with him once, had a conflicted read on him, and he was scum. I read some of his game in team mafia, was adamant he was town, and he was scum. I don't think I know how to read him. Atp I'm hoping someone I townread can figure out a read on him so I can sheep them. The part of Andante's case on Dunn I find most interesting is the idea that maybe his lack of activity is scum-indicative. I don't know if this is true and haven't checked.
Really? I didn't cause us to eliminate town yesterday. Maybe we should re-examine our priorities? Implosion from what I can tell you were pushing Enchant's slot pretty hard yesterday. Any thoughts on the rest of the wagon?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #940 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 927, Aisa wrote: The part of Andante's case on Dunn I find most interesting is the idea that maybe his lack of activity is scum-indicative. I don't know if this is true and haven't checked.
Here you go:

Spoiler:
In post 1624, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1580, Off The Hook wrote:it's hard to verify how his posting rate measures to each game without doing some fancy shit I lack the time for
I did fancy shit because why not?

Spoiler:

So, I ran all three games that you linked as well as every game that I can remember playing with Dunn through the spread sheet. Calculated Dunn's percentage of all posts made day 1 compared to how many players were in the game, then did conditional formatting to color his higher post rate games green. (because you are positing that lurk dunn = scum dunn) to then see if there is any corrolation.

The conditional formatting guessed incorrectly 4 times, got it right 1 time, and then it did not give a result on his middle of the road game.

If anything, this is wrong more then it is right, and lurk Dunn = town Dunn.
In post 1627, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1588, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1580, Off The Hook wrote:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87781 - Chromatic Ascension, Dunn was Knight Beige
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=87638 - True Love
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=83971 - Forest Fire

some (semi-)recent samples of lurkscum Dunn
there could be others from games I didn't keep tabs on but it's hard to verify how his posting rate measures to each game without doing some fancy shit I lack the time for

-GE
I'm not lurking in the first 2 games, I'm town in the last game.
omg. If you were town in Forest fire, that would eliminate the singular correct guess based on posting habits, and it will have been wrong in every single listed game lmao

All in one place with an excel screenshot included so you can easily do your research.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #941 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 937, skitter30 wrote: I'm somewhat questioning ceph and implo now. I don't really think csf is town

I'm still somewhat sketchy on andante's slot tbh
In post 938, skitter30 wrote: VOTE: ceph
You are questioning Ceph why?

I don't have an opinion either way but give something to work with.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #951 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think you are the one with the weird take. Why would you ignore day one and go after the lowest post counts instead?

Yes I was asking why I was getting voted yesterday, and in response one person said they were in full survival mode, another said they were big brain, and a third didn't respond to me and then rage quit when they didn't get their way

Yes I agree that Menalque is town. I also think Andante slot, now meg, is probably town.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #952 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 950, implosion wrote: Like, if Andante-slot is town, then this reads list essentially sets up the first two mislims of Drew and Andante back-to-back without really being contentious because both of those are the people at the bottom of her reads list that had some broad support (maybe Andante didn't have broad support, idk, but I think she was clearly a viable wagon).
But they opened today by voting Cephrir, so how are they trying to set up Andante?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1054 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1001, implosion wrote: You can talk about replace-outs after they happen (I think, I could be forgetting something but don't think I am). I personally think it's a good idea to never ascribe meaning to them on principle. I think it makes the game less fun but also essentially the rules right now are designed so that it is minimally possible to learn anything about the replacee from their replacing out, since they aren't allowed to say anything about it, so it's fundamentally a hard place to learn anything concrete.
Oh we can talk about this stuff? In that case, yes I think Andante is town because they replaced out, and this is a meta read based on previous Andante replace outs. I will show my work:

In Music hits of 2010-2014 Andante was town and they replaced out shortly after making this post:
In post 1967, Andante wrote: cause when I go "here's my reads up to post 100" and people start attacking me like "WTF???" it's just like, chill out... reads evolve as you keep reading... but hey yall basically told me to stop so I did, and I'm here in live time
The players in that game had this to say about that replace out:
In post 1996, angela wrote: have recent past experience with andante leaving in a very similar manner as town

so yes, of course i don't
In House of the Dragon Andante was town and they replaced out shortly after making this post:
In post 3503, Andante wrote: none of yall even have a legit reason to sr Johnny... I don't have many confident reads, but johnny is town, thanks.
In post 3544, Thestatusquo wrote: I have been informed by datisi that andante has done the replace out when questioned before as town so I'mma slow my roll just a little bit.

VOTE: unvote
In post 3548, Andresvmb wrote: To be fair, Andante wasn’t really getting their way and they didn’t have tremendous influence, so it could be that just as it could be the back and forth.
In TM 2023 | Open: PYP S_TM Andante was mafia and they replaced out shortly after claiming VT. I don't really have a specific post to point to from andante here, but it should be noted that Andante is being pressured by several other players to finish their claim (what they picked in this setup)

In post 3399, Ythan wrote: Alisae we wonder if Andante is so easy to read and obviously town why are you asking if we're gonna wait?

Alisae we have a theory Andante is a scum PR that doesn't know what to guess. I can immediately cc if she guesses wrong.
Note that Andante almost immediately signed up for a new game a mere 5 hours after replacing out of that one, so there can be no argument that Andante simply did not have time to play the game.
------------

My conclusions here: Andante will replace out for 2 reasons:

1. Other players are not listening to what they are pushing and they don't like that.

2. Other players are pushing them and they don't like that.

In the first game above, they replace out for reason 1. In the 2nd and 3rd games, it is for reason 2. I think the first reason above can only come from a town perspective, while the second reason can come from either alignment. In this game, I'd argue the replace out was due to reason 1: they didn't like that their reasoning wasn't sheeped, and somebody they thought was town was eliminated instead.

So I think they replaced out for a reason, and that the reason can only come from town, and that they very rarely, if ever, actually replace out in a "nai" way, or due to real life circumstances instead of their thoughts on the current game. So Andante's slot is almost always town in this game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1055 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1050, Aureal wrote: the counter wagon on him seemingly speeding up pressure to launch Enchant could be telling.
Can you point to where this happens?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1056 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Deltabreedy
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1057 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1042, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1038, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 913, Aisa wrote: Hello darlin'. What can I help you with today
In post 915, Aisa wrote: Damn
Would you like me to ask you a question or would that make it worse
In post 916, Aisa wrote: Keep in mind that if you choose "make it worse" at some point I may decide you don't get a choice and ask the question anyway
In post 925, Aisa wrote:
In post 819, Cephrir wrote: enchant is an open wolf here please take the freebie
Great! I have assigned you a question. Your question is: was there anything behind your conviction here, except implosion's case?
In post 587, Alianna wrote: VOTE: Enchant

Yeet. This may be all the content I can muster today, but yeet.
I have also assigned you a question, dear. Your question is: see question above
In post 954, Aisa wrote: I think one thing I’m curious about,
@implosion
, is why you decided to make your case 24 hours after Enchant subbed in. Did you ever think about waiting a bit longer to see if Enchant would do something before accusing him? How certain were you that he was going to flip scum?
this is aisa coming into today clearly prepping to push the notion that the enchant wagon was scum-driven but scared to actually say it out loud like other people, which I would have believed more
In post 957, Aisa wrote: Though I sympathise with what other people have been saying about Enchant meta, I think his alignment was ambiguous and I don't really blame people for wanting to flip there
this I just do not believe side-by-side with the agenda of the SoD questions
I find this compelling.
I don't think it is a very strong argument, personally
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1058 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1023, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1022, skitter30 wrote: if there's statistically a wolf in a group of 4 people (which your'e conceding), i think that's easier than finding 2 in a pool of 8
Okay, so it is an arbitrary distinction.
In post 1022, skitter30 wrote:i'm not saying there's 2+ i'm saying i'm thinking htere's at least 1

(also fwiw arguing that there isn't when you're on it is +w to me)
I am explicitly not arguing this, as you already noted in this post. I'm trying to understand your thought process.
In post 1022, skitter30 wrote:pedit b/c in the four billion games of mafia i've played, i've seen a lot more day1 wagons with wolves on them than day1 wagons with no wolves on them
Again, that's math, not scumhunting
It is usually unlikely that mafia will all take the same side on something unless it is about their own partners alignment. Enchant was town, so I think it would be weird to see all 4 mafia saying Enchant is town, or otherwise avoiding the wagon. I also think it is difficult to get a miselimination with only town voting the slot. Especially from my PoV, where I'm town but didn't vote the slot.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1064 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

So why don't you vote sheep instead of me then?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1066 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1063, Aureal wrote: On the subject of Andante, I try not to assign ai reasons to replace puts (I think a few mods do have a rule against discussing it). It's pretty clear though that she left Team Mafia because people were very pissed at her, and I don't blame her at all. Her scum teammates literally told her not to sign up to play with them again.
Alright maybe that part isn't correct then. I still believe that they do replace out for AI reasons all the time and that this game was one of them.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1068 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

That was meant to be at Aureal actually
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1071 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

At the end of the day you've arrived at voting me because someone else is playing scummy to you
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1092 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1082, Egix96 wrote: Also I am finding it kinda weird that both Dunn and Ceph decided to follow me when I've practically only just got here.
:roll:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1101 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't like how consensus the above feels
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1116 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1114, Aureal wrote: What exactly is consensus there?
This is maybe the third or fourth post I remember of somebody going 'I want to look at Dunn, Delta, and sheep' later
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1117 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Like Aisa above
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1118 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 875, sheepsaysmeep wrote: iyam

theres scum in the recent pivot to dunnstral, even if enchant is town lol

because enchant seems perceptibly the objectively optimal lim today. via consensus reads + theyre not doing legit stuff

like Even if dunn is scummy and even if dunn is wolf lol, enchant should be resolved

the movement around is such a strange show-y response to enchant not being villagery
In post 921, sheepsaysmeep wrote: remember thinking their end of day 1 was one of the wolfiest

agree mildly about both dunn/skitter
In post 922, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 921, sheepsaysmeep wrote: remember thinking their end of day 1 was one of the wolfiest

agree mildly about both dunn/skitter
not end of day as in the last hour on MU, but like the latter section after enchant was basically determined to be the lim
In post 923, sheepsaysmeep wrote: they were just the weirdest around enchant

andante behavior is explained by townreading enchant

menalque technically has an explanation as like that whole "I solved the game via these tests" thing that I still dont know what to think about

aisa sort of calls enchant wolfy but then does a bunch of weird stuff I think wolf might do in a dadv situation
First post here at the end of day 1 seems to hold a completely different opinion from the next 3 posts they make at the start of day 2
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1121 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You went from saying there was scum voting me to saying I was scum playing weird around Enchant, and you don't revisit the first thought (or do you? I haven't checked)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1122 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Arguably you're the one acting weird about the enchant elim here too.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1124 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I guess 923 confuses me because you refer to aisa as "they" which I read as meaning both me and skitter, and then it looked like your opinion on aisa was at the bottom

Misunderstanding then
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1209 (isolation #44) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1125, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Dunn what are ur strongest reads off the top of ur head? Can’t rly tell from a skim
Right now I am thinking

Alianna mafia, Aureal town, Implosion town, Aisa town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1210 (isolation #45) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Dunnstral »

oh and MegAzumarill town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1211 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Not really sure who else is mafia or if the now fireisred slot is even corrent.

Maybe egix but they have intertwined themself with the fireisred slot
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1225 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1218, Aisa wrote:
In post 1209, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1125, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Dunn what are ur strongest reads off the top of ur head? Can’t rly tell from a skim
Right now I am thinking

Alianna mafia, Aureal town, Implosion town,
Aisa town
I'm half surprised you TR me, given your previous comments on my slot. How come?
I agree with
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1228 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1227, Aureal wrote: I'm getting somewhat alarmed by the push here by some of the same people who were pushing Enchant for easy reasons also pushing fire for a silly easy reason.
Go on
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1277 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1240, Aureal wrote:
In post 1228, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1227, Aureal wrote: I'm getting somewhat alarmed by the push here by some of the same people who were pushing Enchant for easy reasons also pushing fire for a silly easy reason.
Go on
About...? The easy reason is the slot repeatedly getting replaced. Ceph and implosion in particular seemed to take issue there.

This stuff with Mena is much better from what I've seen, but I gotta get back to focus on work, no OT for me today.
I was wondering who you took issue with and what the silly easy reason is. I see 1 person who commented on the double replacement thing (cephrir) and you took that and ran with it and are trying to paint the picture that the only reason they are being voted is because of that.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1329 (isolation #50) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1296, Aureal wrote:
In post 1277, Dunnstral wrote: I was wondering who you took issue with and what the silly easy reason is. I see 1 person who commented on the double replacement thing (cephrir) and you took that and ran with it and are trying to paint the picture that the only reason they are being voted is because of that.

I am absolutely not doing that, I'm noting the increased pressure to flip the slot since the new replacement. You can't tell me that is not trying to say the slot is scum because of the replacement. It is absolutely doing so. And implosion agrees with that in . That's not saying that those people don't have other reasons- do I really need to list everyone's reasoning for their scumread in every post in order to take issue with one of them??

That said, I'm pondering the dynamics here some more since the Menalque argument. Menalque certainly comes off even townier now, and I'm getting wary of fire. Except, the nagging thought about how focused fire was on Menalque. If fire is scum, why is he focusing on arguing with Mena like he did rather than trying to more broadly push back and get people off him? Town fire would more likely want to sort Menalque than scum fire, right?

Pedit: is fire reading my posts before I post them, lol
In post 1297, Aureal wrote: That should be , not 1136, didn't double-check that post number, oops.
Yeah and that is just Cephrir
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1397 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I liked Mena and Aisa's wall posts.

Fireisredsir is being very reasonable but I'm not sure if that makes them town. But I my reasons to scumread their slot weren't that strong in the first place either.

I was townreading GuerillaWoo while they were here.

I am coming around to liking skitter as well.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1398 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Admittedly this game is very dense somehow and I'm not keeping up with everything. Early on it was all banter but now it is all walls of text. I haven't looked at fireisred's actual posts very hard
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1606 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1586, Aisa wrote: I feel that. If fire is not scum we're screwed in ways that are difficult to salvage (maybe salvageable but out of reach of what I can accomplish before dropping off the face of the earth in 6 hours). Even if he's scum I think Who Are The Partners is an interesting question
I am not super tunneled on fire and can be convinced to go elsewhere. My vote remaining on them is more due to laziness than conviction. With that being said I am currently leaning toward them being mafia.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1608 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'd like to try to identify at least one other person who I think is mafia today. If I can't then that tells me I need to reevaluate some reads.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1610 (isolation #55) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yep yep keep taking pot shots at me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1613 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Spoiler:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.10 (Final)

Here’s a BBC Scarfolk TV testcard from 1970.

The SHS (Scarfolk Health Service) suggested these particular photographs in an attempt to subliminally accustom citizens to the plummeting success rate of state healthcare and to lower their expectations.

But they got more than they bargained for. Throughout the 70s a very faint, ghostly image of a woman’s face began inexplicably appearing on Scarfolk’s local TV broadcasts. Because she was first seen on this early ‘SHS’ testcard, she became known as “The Scarfolk Nurse.”

She appeared on all kinds of programmes, but was most often seen during children’s television broadcasts at times of social unrest. Engineers at the TV station never found a technical explanation for the phenomenon, nor could they for the examples of distant, eerie voices on the radio, which were also attributed to the “Nurse”.

Can you see her? She’s there if you look hard enough....

Enchant (7):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Alianna, skitter30, Invisibility, Enchant
Dunnstral (3):
Andante, Menalque, Cat Scratch Fever
GuerillaWoo (1):
Aisa
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral

Not voting (1):
GuerillaWoo

In post 1565, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 2.8 (final)

This public information poster was ubiquitous during the mid-1970s when there was a spate of cases involving adults being abducted from leisure centres, building sites and nudist beaches.

The police launched a public manhunt hoping that the perpetrator would be swiftly apprehended, but the crimes went unsolved for nearly two years. Terrified grownups would only go outside in groups of four or five and many pubs refused to open.

It was only when a police medium read the entrails of a recently sacrificed tramp that clues were finally unearthed, leading to the arrest of eight year old Steven Benson who had fed his victims to his tortoise, Admiral Twinkles.

When Steven was taken into state care and Admiral Twinkles escaped, it was suggested that the tortoise, which was an illegal immigrant, had used ‘Manchurian Candidate’ style psychological techniques to manipulate young Steven into subconsciously carrying out his instructions.

skitter30 (6):
Egix96, fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, Aisa, Merlyn, Cephrir
fireisredsir (3):
Dunnstral, skitter30, Menalque
Dunnstral (1):
Aureal

Not voting (1):
implosion

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to launch.

fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, and Cephrir are the three slots that are on both miseliminations. I think it is likely that there is mafia within this pool.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1614 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I feel that Egix is getting strangely little attention for what they have in terms of content. And that leans towards them being mafia with a team that isn't pushing them.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1619 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I did not like CSF's stances, personally.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1628 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1620, implosion wrote:
In post 1596, sheepsaysmeep wrote: implosion being softly down to "Just Lim fire" is like 0.01% weird to me meh

like I get it but switched sides a bit easily
skitter wanted fire gone and like I said yesterday my overall read on fire accounting for me being bad at reading fire was more-or-less-null.

I am at Aisa-fully-locktown right now. I think I am never re-evaluating on her, and if she is scum I'm willing to tank the loss. I think she has played a
ridiculously
good game if she is scum.

The point of Just Lim Fire is that if we are planning to lim fire, we might as well delay massclaim by one extra day so a VT might die when they wouldn't have. If we are massclaiming then fire would be up first so it might be okay for fire to just claim.
I am also leaning Aisa as town.

I do not think we should mass claim today; I think if we get the elimination wrong we lose anyway, and I think that claiming won't really help us. If anybody is a full cop or something they should start things off probably but otherwise I don't see the point
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1630 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think that we should eliminate Egix, and then we should eliminate between Aureal and fireisredsir, and then we should eliminate between cephrir and sheepsaysmeep
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1632 (isolation #61) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1627, implosion wrote: It seems like we don't have an SK unless we have a prolific doctor or blocker or scum roleblocker,
This is a dangerous assumption. I've seen two games were an sk didn't kill anybody and then swooped in at the end for the victory. I don't want to go digging for the specific games, but the first game was MariaR who targeted the same person as mafia a few times and got jailkept another time. I cleared them as unlikely to be aligned with the mafia - which they weren't, and then as soon as the last mafia died they were able to perform a unique kill and it just looked like there was an extra mafia member instead of an SK, so I kept them as clear. And then another game, mastina was an SK and I guess they thought they were a survivor. So they just didn't kill, I think they even claimed survivor. And then they just won as SK at the end (I think).

Who knows. SK isn't required to kill anybody the first two nights to win the game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1635 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1633, Aureal wrote:
In post 1615, fireisredsir wrote: i actually forgot egix was in this game

Bruh, is that
really
your excuse for totally ignoring him this whole time and instead trying to point in my direction for vague reasons that seem they should apply at least as much to others like him?
What about yourself? You seemed much more interested in talking about me but not so much Egix. And it's not totally clear to me why that would be.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1655 (isolation #63) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Egix96
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1658 (isolation #64) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

implosion why would we mass claim if there is a consensus elimination like you say?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1693 (isolation #65) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1680, fireisredsir wrote: flipping (sheep egix dunn aureal) is like 90% a win imo but i don't think we have the luxury of doing that bc most people would probably include me in any set that they're flipping

so i need to find one town in those 4

and also be sure on ceph

and mena i guess but im pretty sure on him. he probably doesn't believe as scum that he could get away with doing literally nothing for weeks besides pushing a town for the crime of thinking he could possibly be scum. like i think having the tmi of me being town + his respect for his own towngame would make it too much for him to think he would believably do that as town. but as town he genuinely just thinks that im scum (and even if he isn't 100% confident, doesn't want to risk the change of me getting away after he hard committed to the push) and so he genuinely believes that's the best play
This could fit into my reads. I feel that Egix is the best starting point.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1702 (isolation #66) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1697, Aisa wrote: It looks like no one is opposed to massclaim so let’s massclaim
How do we figure out who starts
I am opposed, as I have said.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1703 (isolation #67) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Sheep who do you think we should eliminate?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1710 (isolation #68) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1704, implosion wrote: The fact that there is absolutely no impetus toward limming fire today after what happened yesterday makes me want to revise my stance and agree with skitter/menalque that there is some weird unnatural resistance to limming fire right now. fire is the natural lim; there's been like semi-consensus on fire's slot being scum like twice and nothing happened either time + skitter as she was dying kept saying we need to look at fire (she also said she thought sheep looked even worse than fire but still).

Like dunn/ceph, why are you not voting fire now given you were on the wagon yesterday and it's the leading wagon here? Has something meaningfully changed?
We are getting closer to losing and I am more willing to reevaluate and look at the game as a whole, rather than simply voting the same thing as yesterday.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1711 (isolation #69) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1707, Cephrir wrote: Also if fire is scum we're going to lim me next so I'm just kind of hoping he isn't
Why are we going to "lim you next" ?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1712 (isolation #70) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I feel no desire to switch votes merely because somebody else is the leading wagon
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1713 (isolation #71) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

implosion I see two likely teams right now. I see egix/fireisred/cephrir, and I see egix/aureal/sheep. I think both of these are plausible and I'm not sure I want to commit to one today. I think the four non-egix names above are not meaningfully interacting with or considering egix and so if we believe that two of those names are mafia, that makes egix much more likely to be mafia as well in my eyes/ Notably several of these players have gone after me, sometimes multiple times, for things such as "low activity" while never mentioning egix who I feel also fits under that criteria.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1715 (isolation #72) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm pretty sure the only other person who agrees with me on this is mafia. So it is kind of whatever.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1721 (isolation #73) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I hadn't verbalized that until after your own post. I still would like to know why you thought so in 1707.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1728 (isolation #74) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Nice.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1765 (isolation #75) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1753, Aisa wrote:
In post 1713, Dunnstral wrote: implosion I see two likely teams right now. I see egix/fireisred/cephrir, and I see egix/aureal/sheep. I think both of these are plausible and I'm not sure I want to commit to one today. I think the four non-egix names above are not meaningfully interacting with or considering egix and so if we believe that two of those names are mafia, that makes egix much more likely to be mafia as well in my eyes/ Notably several of these players have gone after me, sometimes multiple times, for things such as "low activity" while never mentioning egix who I feel also fits under that criteria.
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion of these two teams specifically?

Like, what is your starting assumption? Is it {fireisredsir, cehprir, aureal, sheep} contains two mafia? Is it that Egix is scum?
I start with egix mafia. I believe fireisredsir and aureal are not aligned with each other but do believe there is mafia in that group. So 1 out of 2 there. And then the last mafia is in the group that is the rest of my poe, which is cephrir and sheep - this is where I am the least confident, as well, as it is based on having everybody else as town with no flips.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1766 (isolation #76) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

That was my thinking as of [post]1630/post] and then I settled on Cephrir looking paired with fire and Sheep looking paired with Aureal after looking into interactions and what was going on in the thread in real time. I saw lines being drawn.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1767 (isolation #77) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1830 (isolation #78) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I am feeling Aureal being mafia over fireisredsir right now.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1847 (isolation #79) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Rolling my eyes at how hard we are stretching arguments to justify calling Egix town. They're not doing anything so they're town, because mafia would be doing something. That is the argument that is being made right now.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1863 (isolation #80) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Dunnstral »

The risk is we get claims and then mafia know who to kill
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1890 (isolation #81) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1864, Aureal wrote: Also I totally didn't realize that it's possible to have only two Mafia? You're not just making that up, right?
In post 1870, fireisredsir wrote: well that would be cool if there were only 2 maf
In post 1871, fireisredsir wrote: i also kinda wish i had known that before i had started using poe as an element of solving all game lol
I'm not sure how to feel about these...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1891 (isolation #82) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1878, fireisredsir wrote: can't the third scum just claim a role that makes the math be mathing correctly to fool us into thinking there's 2 scum
No, it would shift us from 2 scum to 2 scum and a SK. And the likely conclusion from that is that there is no SK and one of the pr claims are lying.

Mafia would need two people to claim to make it seem like there were 3 mafia - but if they do this, it is again clear that somebody is fake claiming when the mafia don't win at 5 people alive.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1903 (isolation #83) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Going to go out on a limb here and say that while I really like the mech arguments and analysis that implosion has put forward today, I'm not liking how stubborn they are with "lim fire" and repeating that over and over without seeming to put in effort to look and see whether fire is mafia.

Not a fan of what Mena has been doing (or not doing) today either in regards to fire and also mech stuff but I am pretty sure they are town for their wall posting towards fire way back when.

I don't want to eliminate fire anymore but it feels really difficult if neither implosion or mena are willing to consider other options
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1905 (isolation #84) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And the reason I am complaining about you two is because I am thinking that you two are town. I don't really care that egix is doing nothing today and placed the weakest omgus vote of all time then disappeared because yeah they're probably mafia anyway. Aureal kind of feels like they have an agenda but I think I would eliminate sheepsaysmeep before Aureal at this point as I have been growing increasingly suspicious of them.

Hey nice timing fire
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1971 (isolation #85) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1921, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1918, sheepsaysmeep wrote: aureal is wolfy but I still think dunn is very wolf and am basically tunneled on dunn/fire until a flip

fire's post about meta was not convincing. I looked through dunn wolfgames, and my conclusion was basically "he has an insanely wide wolfrange so I dont think I will be able to give him meta points in this game," rather than "that game felt different than this game so he's villa". fire if ur v and want to convince me I'd probably want u to talk about why his past villa games and wolf games are noticeably different and then this looks like the first set, rather than mainly based on 1 game. The one line I can see here is that dunn seemed more interested in the wolf games I opened, and extreme refusal to put effort into this game could actually be town for some people with meta like that + explain some of the things I find wolfy lol. but I dont love that read because it still feels like theres some level of investment there that he pretends isnt there, as opposed to another half of the playerlist noping out and being like "I hate this game"
as scum he forces himself to talk about things that he doesn't really care about and as town he just talks about things that he cares about. i think it's noticeable when he's pushing himself to make a post

in both cases sometimes depending on the game he cares about more things or less things and activity can reflect that. and sometimes there's things he cares about as both alignments, like how activity isn't AI for him despite many people claiming it is

he's usually a bit cleaner as scum, making sure to justify progressions and show his work when developing a read on someone, while as town he doesn't really feel as much pressure to do that. i think his attitude also tends to come through a lot more as town, as scum there's definitely a bit of a wall up, and any arguments feel a little disengaged and precise

he's not an easy read bc i think he always has a bit of that wall up as either alignment, and isn't super forthcoming with his thoughts. but i think once you get a feel for the style of how he approaches things, you can see it. on a surface level the posting can look fairly similar but you have to look deeper for the intent behind the posts
This seems like a really insightful post. It seems clear to me that fireisredsir is actually doing work here to figure things out instead of pretending to do so.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1972 (isolation #86) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1970, Ydrasse wrote: o/

tldr me
Your former slot was asked to give reads on the game, and they dodged it by saying they'd do it tomorrow instead of listing things out when asked, and now they've replaced out without posting anything.

So I guess that was something really stressing them out for some reason.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1973 (isolation #87) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Tl;dr for the whole game is that we miselimmed twice and we have no info and are trying not to miselim again today. The 1-shot cop claimed for no reason on day 1 and then didn't activate their ability night 1. And now they're dead with no check. Nobody else has claimed a power role so far, fire has claimed vt.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1990 (isolation #88) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1979, Aureal wrote:
In post 1973, Dunnstral wrote: Tl;dr for the whole game is that we miselimmed twice and we have no info and are trying not to miselim again today. The 1-shot cop claimed for no reason on day 1 and then didn't activate their ability night 1. And now they're dead with no check. Nobody else has claimed a power role so far, fire has claimed vt.

This is not necessary accurate. We don't know why there was no n1 action. Slot was replaced in the night and the replacement only made a 'hi' post then vanished and got replaced again so maybe an action was not submitted, but it's also possible there could be a roleblocker.
I interpreted them saying they took no action to mean that they didn't try to do anything, not that they were roleblocked after trying to do something. I also feel they would have simply claimed to have been roleblocked if that were the case.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1993 (isolation #89) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I really don't get the fascination with claiming today. The likely result is that 1 or 2 town prs are outted and then one of them dies tonight.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2056 (isolation #90) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2042, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1613, Dunnstral wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.10 (Final)

Here’s a BBC Scarfolk TV testcard from 1970.

The SHS (Scarfolk Health Service) suggested these particular photographs in an attempt to subliminally accustom citizens to the plummeting success rate of state healthcare and to lower their expectations.

But they got more than they bargained for. Throughout the 70s a very faint, ghostly image of a woman’s face began inexplicably appearing on Scarfolk’s local TV broadcasts. Because she was first seen on this early ‘SHS’ testcard, she became known as “The Scarfolk Nurse.”

She appeared on all kinds of programmes, but was most often seen during children’s television broadcasts at times of social unrest. Engineers at the TV station never found a technical explanation for the phenomenon, nor could they for the examples of distant, eerie voices on the radio, which were also attributed to the “Nurse”.

Can you see her? She’s there if you look hard enough....

Enchant (7):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Alianna, skitter30, Invisibility, Enchant
Dunnstral (3):
Andante, Menalque, Cat Scratch Fever
GuerillaWoo (1):
Aisa
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral

Not voting (1):
GuerillaWoo

In post 1565, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 2.8 (final)

This public information poster was ubiquitous during the mid-1970s when there was a spate of cases involving adults being abducted from leisure centres, building sites and nudist beaches.

The police launched a public manhunt hoping that the perpetrator would be swiftly apprehended, but the crimes went unsolved for nearly two years. Terrified grownups would only go outside in groups of four or five and many pubs refused to open.

It was only when a police medium read the entrails of a recently sacrificed tramp that clues were finally unearthed, leading to the arrest of eight year old Steven Benson who had fed his victims to his tortoise, Admiral Twinkles.

When Steven was taken into state care and Admiral Twinkles escaped, it was suggested that the tortoise, which was an illegal immigrant, had used ‘Manchurian Candidate’ style psychological techniques to manipulate young Steven into subconsciously carrying out his instructions.

skitter30 (6):
Egix96, fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, Aisa, Merlyn, Cephrir
fireisredsir (3):
Dunnstral, skitter30, Menalque
Dunnstral (1):
Aureal

Not voting (1):
implosion

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to launch.

fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, and Cephrir are the three slots that are on both miseliminations. I think it is likely that there is mafia within this pool.
In post 1614, Dunnstral wrote: I feel that Egix is getting strangely little attention for what they have in terms of content. And that leans towards them being mafia with a team that isn't pushing them.
In post 1619, Dunnstral wrote: I did not like CSF's stances, personally.
In post 1630, Dunnstral wrote: I think that we should eliminate Egix, and then we should eliminate between Aureal and fireisredsir, and then we should eliminate between cephrir and sheepsaysmeep
In post 1655, Dunnstral wrote: VOTE: Egix96
lol
Do you have a problem with my posting?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2143 (isolation #91) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2098, fireisredsir wrote: i would like to hear from dunn about ydra bc i think despite my general wariness of her i am finding it hard not to believe what she's pointing out and i would like to at least hear an alternate viewpoint
What do you mean by this?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2144 (isolation #92) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2131, sheepsaysmeep wrote: but then im left here sitting with literally not much more to do. I feel like my grasp of everyone and their chance of being wolf are solid and at their max quality that they could be. dunn will not engage with the material in the game, ceph will not engage with the material in the game, menal cant yet, ydrasse will need beyond this day phase, implosion is trying but sometimes cant really. so im sitting here with tons of extra time for this game but literally like "I dont think looking back will help or make me any more accurate, the learning curve flattened." and then im being accused of coasting
What am I not engaging with?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2145 (isolation #93) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Fire are you talking about their push on sheep?
I don't know what to think but It's pretty late into the days discussion to think there can't be bussing. Maybe they're not aligned though and that puts the spotlight back on Aureal being with one of them potentially
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2266 (isolation #94) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Hi everyone. I am here to move my vote.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2305 (isolation #95) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I read up on everything and I think that Aureal looks worse than Sheep over the past few pages. Though implosion has a point in .
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2320 (isolation #96) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Aureal's vote switch to sheep back in and explanation and now their current posting is stuff that makes me feel like they are mafia.

I've convinced myself so I will vote.

VOTE: Aureal
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2334 (isolation #97) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2331, implosion wrote: Just so it's on this page:

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-24 17:55:00)
If Aisa doesn't make a decision in 20 minutes, I'll try to convince you to vote for Aureal. And if you're not convinced, I'll switch my vote to sheep. Or would Aisa prefer that to making a decision?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2345 (isolation #98) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Set a timer for 20 minutes and didn't check the thread in between. Looks like you've made your decision.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2354 (isolation #99) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Why do you think it is Aureal after sheep flipped mafia?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2389 (isolation #100) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2378, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1905, Dunnstral wrote: And the reason I am complaining about you two is because I am thinking that you two are town. I don't really care that egix is doing nothing today and placed the weakest omgus vote of all time then disappeared because yeah they're probably mafia anyway. Aureal kind of feels like they have an agenda but I think I would eliminate sheepsaysmeep before Aureal at this point as I have been growing increasingly suspicious of them.

Hey nice timing fire
In post 2305, Dunnstral wrote: I read up on everything and I think that Aureal looks worse than Sheep over the past few pages. Though implosion has a point in .
In post 2320, Dunnstral wrote: Aureal's vote switch to sheep back in and explanation and now their current posting is stuff that makes me feel like they are mafia.

I've convinced myself so I will vote.

VOTE: Aureal
:shifty:
If you go further back you will see that I narrowed it down to those two rather than Fireisredsir while they were being pushed. I just thought Aureal was more likely at the end of the last day.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2390 (isolation #101) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I am VT.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2423 (isolation #102) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think the last mafia is fire. Their analysis yesterday and the argument they are making today has convinced me. I am also leaning towards it not being Ceph but need to think about that more. I think that means the last mafia bussed, and I think that means it is Aureal as I don't see the rest bussing. These are preliminary thoughts. We have new information today - I can't be mafia with Fire like some people were saying.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2434 (isolation #103) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

It doesn't hurt out chances; mafia already knew they had two members, and they can suspect that there is no serial killer given a lack of additional kills during the night.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2449 (isolation #104) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2437, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2435, Aureal wrote:
In post 2421, Aisa wrote:
In post 2402, fireisredsir wrote: i do think it is possibly the worst plan in the world (currently assuming we're in a 2 scum world based on how the claims are going) for me as scum to enter yesterday being like okay, im gonna reaffirm townreads and try to narrow things down to a poe

and then spend a lot of effort doing that, including my scum partner in the poe, and generally throughout the day being fine with limming him and even at some points leaning towards limming him

only to in the last few hours of the day suddenly decide to flip and try to hard push out the counter alongside him which gets us basically nowhere closer to winning the game even if we succeed

i think i either include him in the poe and try to push for him to be limmed bc we want me to endgame and keep myself as clean as possible (decent path if i think i can convince people im town) or we let me be the lim and set things up to allow him to endgame and look clean (a little harder i think? either could work depending on how we played it), or we go for the bold strategy of trying to both win by one of us convincing people that the other belongs in the towncore (risky and difficult)

instead we just decided to try to both burn all of our cred at once in order to... force out aureal?? which even if we succeed would leave us still one day away from elo with a 0% chance that we live after doing that?

like i know that nobody is gonna be convinced by this post and nobody should be, bc if this argument was convincing then there's an avenue where the plan could actually end up somehow working lol

but still
I am confused by this too but yeah I do not think this argument carries enough weight by itself, things could have just gone wrong somehow
What do people feel like the day's trajectory felt like? I asked Ceph earlier to make a point that fire/sheep/Aureal was a rather silly team idea since those were literally all the D3 wagons so I don't know wtf we were supposedly doing there, but I think it's helpful in general to evaluate that.

It felt to me like the day started with fire being the likely elimination for the first third of the day. Then resistance started building in the second third. Then it rapidly went to me, shifted back a bit to fire, to sheep, and wavered a bit with fire or me still being possible before becoming a clear choice between me or sheep.

fire->fire??->Aureal->fire/Aureal->sheep/fire/Aureal->sheep->sheep/Aureal

Does that seem reasonable enough?
And now that I know there are only 2 scum it's an even less compelling argument than it was before. That's not even enough for "resistance" to exist
The only other mafia would be sheep so at this point Aureal needs to stop vaguely motioning towards "resistance" and start pulling quotes from Sheep's iso to show us where they are resisting the wagon.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2450 (isolation #105) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2442, fireisredsir wrote: i think ive found a recognizable pattern of play that sheep likes to apply to people in order to build connections and generate content. see interaction with aisa starting in

i would be pretty willing to bet that he doesn't do this in this way to a partner so im gonna look for more of these
What do you think of page 89?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2451 (isolation #106) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2436, Aureal wrote: I don't think Dunn really needs to add to the pressure on fire here.
He is, once again, the likely yeet.
Really not a fan of this
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2463 (isolation #107) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Dunnstral »

You said the same thing yesterday and then they weren't eliminated, mostly because I changed my mind and pushed against it rather than pushing for it IMO

Your point about resistance on fire makes no sense if you're not saying mafia did it
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2516 (isolation #108) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

What is making me hesitate to say it is Ydrasse is that they voted for sheep yesterday.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2519 (isolation #109) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

My thoughts are that Ydrasse did not "need" to vote for sheep over aureal, but aureal didn't have a choice because the day closed in on being one between the two of them.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2547 (isolation #110) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

How are you cool with 2539 then?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2578 (isolation #111) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1839, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think I just do not believe Dunn's worldview is the main thing

the level of reasoning is just so weird compared to a) the amount of stuff in this game's 70+ pages and b) the level he's pushing it

like his entire approach is based fundamentally around Egix lock wolf because people are semi-ignoring egix. which just seems egregiously flawed to me (I think egix's hot-topic-ness is the exact amount I'd expect when considering his absence + the whole game besides skitter townreading CSF. I think Dunn's assertion that people were pushing him purely for inactivity is relatively untrue).

and then he's like I thought about who makes sense as egix's team for a bit and I came up with these 2 different pairings. and I cant really go much further than that. and then periodically repeats the same plan to resolve those five players.
and each time he's explained further I just dont really feel like there's anything there that it's actually getting deeper lol.

it feels much more likely to me to be wolf who found "this course of action that I propose would win the game for us" than villager who's naturally sort of nitpicking lines of reasoning?? picking one weird explanation and then ignoring so much else, like not really evaluating how villagery the content of peoples' posts look independently
In post 1919, sheepsaysmeep wrote: one big thing is that I think Dunn's treatment of fire is pretty bad

he has been defending fire without expressing a townread there

first more subtly by being like we gotta do egix et al. today, and then like I prefer these people over voting dunn, and then it's not working so he's more outright like I want to not lim fire

I think if he Townreads fire he should say words explaining it to more firmly actually defend his townread fire

I think if he doesn't townread fire he should get the approach of people like implosion/menal/ sort of me now more. the reasons to resolve him + like, some part of me hoped to be compelled by him today but I just struggle to be compelled by him today. I feel like implo's perspective on why to steamroll him makes more sense than dunn acts like he gets
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2579 (isolation #112) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Ydrasse