he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1218, Aisa wrote:
In post 1209, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1125, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Dunn what are ur strongest reads off the top of ur head? Can’t rly tell from a skim
Right now I am thinking

Alianna mafia, Aureal town, Implosion town,
Aisa town
I'm half surprised you TR me, given your previous comments on my slot. How come?
I agree with
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:33 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1223, Menalque wrote:incidentally, the whole reason why this sold me on fire scum is not even that I don't believe his read on me (although I don't) but mostly the fact that this entire post is simultaneously trying to imply I'm scummy while making the explicit claim that it's not scummy but it's not clearing

the bolded is the most relevant bit because the "wowwww" part is heavily suggesting I'm scum, he's saying the overall thing is town but that I... wouldn't construct posts as town? but it's still lightly +town for me

it just makes no fucking sense
i don't think that anything i said contradicted myself, what doesn't make sense?

i was just recognizing the fact that you are less likely to want to put that kind of effort in as scum. i think its possible you would, but can understand the point that it is kind of a lot to cook up, so as a whole taking that action is lightly +town, but i think it doesn't make sense to treat it as clearing bc i have issues with how you went about it

the trajectory of it still makes me roll my eyes tho which is what the wowww is saying. that part i don't even think is scummy though, the part thats scummy to me is not being able to track the progression that you claimed to have had

i don't get how "you're treating this as clearing. it's scummier than that, and here's why i think so, but it's still lightly town" doesn't make sense to you
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1195, Aisa wrote: What are your reads other than Dunn, Aureal?

Well, I tried to get my subconscious to answer this since I was getting in bed when you asked. But all that really came through by morning was something about Egix following people and being suspicious by covering the peephole in the door so nobody could see who was sneaking around outside.

THANKS A LOT SUBCONSCIOUS

I don't understand the hating on fire's slot. I think Alianna did one thing that comes off badly and I'm not convinced it's ai, it could well just be unfortunate. I dislike the replacements therefore scummy idea that's getting pushed. For all you know Delta might have looked at the game and went "oh shit Aureal is here, goodbye!" I'm not terribly familiar with the play of either but I don't feel like they're the type who fears being scum and ditches because of it. I'm getting somewhat alarmed by the push here by some of the same people who were pushing Enchant for easy reasons also pushing fire for a silly easy reason. I've heard this person is pretty good, what are people afraid they're going to do? I've not registered any actual arguments against what fire has done. I actually liked their debate with skitter- I didn't entirely follow but I think it was useful to know that she does actually have some idea how Andante plays. I had assumed that she didn't, it makes me a little more skeptical of her now.

Not thrilled with Egix so far either, especially that last "what you want" post, lol. But I don't think the slot can be scum with Dunn, from the way CSF pushed him.

Pedit: lots of posts since I started writing, whee
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1227, Aureal wrote: I'm getting somewhat alarmed by the push here by some of the same people who were pushing Enchant for easy reasons also pushing fire for a silly easy reason.
Go on
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:40 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1176, fireisredsir wrote: im somewhere around here but it's murky

[sheep, ceph, aisa]
[dunn, meg]
[aureal, egix]
[skitter, mena, implosion]

sometimes when i replace in i feel like i have the game solved (or at least a really confident read or two) and i think ive been decently accurate when i have that feeling?

i do not have that feeling here. i think there's still a lot of sorting to do. i am not particularly confident in any of my scumleans and there's not anyone i'd bet the game on being town either

however, that probably means the game is hard which does lend me the tiniest bit of confidence i guess since it would be a hard game if my scumleans are correct
In post 1186, fireisredsir wrote: does the confidence on mena come from his worldbuilding thing he did or is there more to it

i wasn't really that impressed by it but i dunno
In post 1188, fireisredsir wrote: from my (admittedly not that well-researched) knowledge of mena's scumgame that seems pretty in his wheelhouse

i think of his main skills as being able to vibe real-time and successfully posture/front when he wants to seem confident in a solve

it's more effort than he's put into scumgames recently but eh
fire it would be a lot easier to believe you weren't scum if your game so far hadn't been trying to actively insert me into the limpool and undermine the perception of me as town

if the trajectory is bad and I was faking the whole thing for town points then I'm probably scum

if it's a real thing I was doing and the trajectory makes sense I'm probably town

it cannot have been something that was both faked and real from me, but what you're arguing is that I'm scum for bits of what I did while also saying "well mena shouldn't be seen as town for what he did but I'm not saying it makes him scum" <- obviously paraphrasing here
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1224, Aisa wrote: Ohooh this game is getting interesting
In post 1220, fireisredsir wrote: why's that? i felt a little hesitant about it
Ok, this is spur of the moment and there may have been a tiny little bit of hyperbole in my language, but I liked it because it seemed to be completely unapologetic about having original takes or takes that kinda run counter to the current direction of the game.
Idk, there's definitely an element of gut in the read. But I can also see reasons why a townie would have those takes

What are your reasons for feeling hesitant about it?
i did get that vibe but im unfamiliar with the player and so it's hard for me to judge "unapologetically original and counter to general direction" vs "not having a towny read on the gamestate"

the last bit about "im gonna vote skitter and yeah sure i can probably back this up later" is another one of those things that is like... either totally unashamed town who says what he wants, but it is still a sort of strange thing for town to say on the face of it

im also generally hesitant of being in a position where a lot of the game suspects me and someone feels like they're reaching out and aligning their position in the game closer to mine. it isn't necessarily scummy but scum do that, and im aware that it tends to be effective, and so seeing it makes me immediately a little extra hesitant
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: fire
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:43 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1229, Menalque wrote:it cannot have been something that was both faked and real from me
yea you're right and guess what im still trying to figure out which one it is because i am town

i can see both sides and im weighing which one matters more to me

every scum does things that are towny this isn't a new concept
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1208, implosion wrote: I kind of see why Menalque immediately responds that way to fire's beyond just the post calling Menalque out. It feels like a very overwrought thought process. Like this assertion that Menalque must have had the whole spiel planned out from before the woo vote as town when like, part of what he was doing was asking questions.

like fire, you're saying "I don't find his reads progression believable, it doesn't seem like he genuinely had this planned since before the woo vote and all he does is ask a bunch of questions then give this big reveal" and like. yeah... the point of questions is to change your mind? I think at least part of this is me misinterpreting something but this whole post from fire just feels like either scum having a conclusion that they think they can justify and wanting to justify it, or possibly town who got a gut scumread on Menalque from reading and is now trying to back-justify why that scumread makes sense in the context of his progression without having really thought much about it before typing the words out because the read actually came from gut. And it doesn't sound like that's what fire
thinks
the read is. This probably doesn't make any sense though so alas

Nah, I think it makes sense and I think it's a fair point. I promptly called Mena's gambit towny because it felt justified by what had come before in my read, so it's a little strange for fire to have the opposite read. But I guess if everyone always thought the same way, this wouldn't even be a game people play.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:44 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i am 100% trying to undermine the perception of you as town because i don't think the actions you've taken are as clearing as people are treating them as and i think it's dangerous to write you off as town for them
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1232, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1229, Menalque wrote:it cannot have been something that was both faked and real from me
yea you're right and guess what im still trying to figure out which one it is because i am town

i can see both sides and im weighing which one matters more to me

every scum does things that are towny this isn't a new concept
no you're not lmao, you're very clearly and blatantly angling in my direction while saying that's not what you're doing

this conversation is pointless because you're scum and you're just fishing for anything you can use to look like town

if anyone would like to talk to me about fire, feel free, I have no interest in burying the thread in a 20 page back and forth which is what I'm betting fire is hoping to do
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:47 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i mean yeah im currently landing on the side of you being scum

i agree the convo is pointless bc i know you'd omgus as town too so it's not particularly helpful for me sorting you
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Menalque »

also lol at you trying to smear this as just OMGUS to distract from yourself tho
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Menalque »

fuck man some scum players just really know how to get me to take the bait, jesus
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i know you'll say this doesn't make sense bc thinking a scumread has done something towny is crazy

but i do kinda think that it feels closer to a town omgus than a scum omgus for the most part

i am aware you're more than capable of faking that energy though so eh thats why i don't want to attempt to sort on that
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1228, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1227, Aureal wrote: I'm getting somewhat alarmed by the push here by some of the same people who were pushing Enchant for easy reasons also pushing fire for a silly easy reason.
Go on
About...? The easy reason is the slot repeatedly getting replaced. Ceph and implosion in particular seemed to take issue there.

This stuff with Mena is much better from what I've seen, but I gotta get back to focus on work, no OT for me today.
-furtiveglance
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1203, fireisredsir wrote: because when you look at the actual posts he made most of them were just asking people busy work questions or general theory and not actually doing anything that i think would be difficult to fake

i don't think his progression to get to the point of having the game solved is particularly believable either

[snip]

and then he asks people a bunch of questions.
because fire is (1) full of shit and (2) pissing me off because he's full of shit and doesn't have the common decency to lie the fuck down and let us lim his scumfuck ass into next week, here is a breakdown of my intention of every single question asked during my "I'm not revealing what I'm doing" period of D1

also, to add on the general topic of my confidence levels recently. I am never, obviously, 100% confident in what I'm doing. however, to not appear confident tends to sink your ship and fuck you on whatever you're trying to do in mafia. half the time you can get someone limmed by just faking extreme confidence and yelling at everyone else in the game (which says more about the problems with site meta than anything else but I'm digressing).

keen mena!fans will be aware I was recently in TM and playing with koba who was kind enough to explain some of their approach to games to me which is what I'm not trying out. it's essentially about building a worldview of a game, trying to see how the pieces fit into the model, and then re-evaluating based on flips to construct a new model, hopefully getting more accurate each time.

in my model yesterday, enchant was very likely to be scum, and andante was very likely to be a partner. therefore the priority from when I became confident in that (not 100% but strongly) became about identifying partner 3.

post-enchant flip, my priorities have no changed and I am re-evaluating people based on how much they were a read for independent reasons (tone, progressing game, uninformed thoughts) or dependent reasons (relationships with slots I thought were scum).

the main slots needing re-evaluation were ceph, sheep, egix, fire, with a secondary need to look at Andy, dunn, aureal

fortunately fire decided to join the game and obvscum so that slot needs less re-eval than the rest and I can now start modelling the game around a fairly high confidence that fire!slot is scum

anyway, onto the questions:
In post 509, Menalque wrote: If I’m putting that in a more popular and easily digestible format I guess it would look something like this:

Town?
Viz
Dunn

Town??
Sheep

Town???
Skitt
Csf

Various shades of null
Implo
Woo
Ceph

Scum??
Aisa

Scum?
Andy
Enchant
quoted to show what I was thinking at this point in time because it's then relevant to the progression afterwards
In post 552, Menalque wrote: VOTE: woo
In post 558, Menalque wrote:
In post 556, sheepsaysmeep wrote: and Woo vote
that's easy: was calling the Andy wagon good but not joining, unvoted enchant!slot because of the rep out/in when that doesn't have any effect on the alignment of the slot itself
sheep immediately asked me about the woo vote so I made up these two reasons by skimming his iso and looking for anything I could think was scummy

overall, pretty weak reasons

however, sheep then made this post
In post 560, sheepsaysmeep wrote: ok I mildly agree about woo lol

not just the fact that he unvoted, but like his overall popin was just pretty bad. 2 posts but no will to do anything because the pressure on him has eased

"I don't feel like much has changed" when meaningful stuff happened is +wolf
I disliked bc I had... literally just made up those reasons and they were shit. sheep was someone I was leaning town so this was concerning from him. actually, looking back now, actually this is still concerning? I think I was thinking I was hot shit there for persuading sheep with made up reasoning but if sheep was actually just scum looking to lim woo then him being down to agree with me on any scumread I had that wasn't on scum would also explain him not questioning my reasoning here

note that implo, who I think is town,
did
call me out on the weakness of upvoting enchant being a reason to SR woo
In post 561, Menalque wrote: sheep could you give me an overall reads list?
hence this, asked immediately after: I was now concerned about sheep so I wanted to know where his head was at. I wanted to see if the broader vision of the game aligned with mine, and to have something on record from him if he was scum to look at later with more flips on the board.
In post 565, Menalque wrote: Andy wagon is dying, I don't think enchant wagon is productive atm, woo is the third and I don't have reasons to think town plus after looking at ISO there are reasons he could be scum
half truth -- the woo bit is obviously made up but I do think an enchant wagon was unproductive there if he was scum. or at least, unproductive for everyone to be on because it gives you no clear idea if scum are bussing or trying to save. creating a fake counter wagon is a great play with little downside because at the time of revealing that the counter wagon support was fake it should hopefully not go through in the vast majority of cases which then nets you both the first scum and any buddies if they try to save.

off scum might bus anyway, but then you got a free scum and you're no worse off than if you hadn't done it so *shrug*
In post 570, Menalque wrote:
In post 566, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 561, Menalque wrote: sheep could you give me an overall reads list?
I dont rly like these

sheep
implosion, andante
alianna, invisibility trending up
cephrir
menalque/Dunnstral
aisa/skitter/maybe woo
dr-enchant
why don't you like them? that's not rly game relevant but I'm curious

game wise, why is ceph where he is? also why is andante near the top, is it play, PR claim, or something else?
In post 567, skitter30 wrote: Why do u not think enchant is productive rn ?
you have experience with enchant right? I think wagoning enchant is similar to wagoning N_M -- often a good idea, but unlikely to lead to anything very telling from him

like: if enchant is scum, cool, partners might bus or might just stall out plus I'm not likely to get anything from him. if enchant is town, cool, scum might back the wagon or they might let it stall out because they want to keep him around as a later game lim instead of burning the lim D1

this is not me shitting on enchant but again, similar to N_M, he's limbait and regardless of alignment I don't think the wagons on him are likely to be that productive or to spur other people into having interesting reactions or to do things that are revealing of alignment whereas a wagon elsewhere is more likely to lead to those things imo
now, here I'm asking sheep about ceph. why? because ceph is very null to me too off his own game atp, as I think more about the worldview thing I decide he's town because of the early enchant vote and that they're unlikely to be partnered

funnily enough, I missed that sheep never answered either of these questions, the one on ceph or andante. sheep, if you remember, I would still like to know this
In post 623, Menalque wrote:
In post 589, skitter30 wrote: VOTE: enchant

E2
Mena can be a partner
Serious question: you think I would burn my chances of endgaming by trying to divert from enchant if we were partnered?
immediate awareness of the fact that I was diverting because of the fact that that was my immediate intent -- to create a CW! skitt gets definite townpoints here for calling me out on it immediately, although I do wish she'd maybe held off on saying anything a bit longer so that scum might have been more likely to join (again, where I believe that enchant is scum, which atp is still v much the case)
In post 625, Menalque wrote:
In post 624, skitter30 wrote: I don't think it was 'diverting', it was a little more subtle than that. And yeah i think you could have at that time. Enchant gained a lot more steam imo *after* your vote;
your woo vote did look partner-y
and iirc
it was the biggest wagon that wasnt on someone you already said you werent voting
(1) I have more to say on this but I’ll say it either later today or tomorrow

(2) this is accurate, yeah, and relevant but not in the way you’re thinking rn
on point 2 -- yes, exactly! the fact I was aware of this and could explain why I was doing it actually makes it very *anti-partnery* provided I get to out before D1 ends. because it would be so, so much easier to just bus enchant for the cred and then pin it on the voters not on him than to fake all of this just to have a slightly better bus on my buddy.
In post 640, Menalque wrote:
In post 630, skitter30 wrote:

E2
Mena can be a partner
Serious question: you think I would burn my chances of endgaming by trying to divert from enchant if we were partnered?
So do u get why i think this?
Yes

I mean, ofc I know you’re wrong in this particular case about what I’m actually doing, but I do now get how you’re thinking it and why
and I still think it makes skitt town even tho the assumptions she was thinking about it from were off because she wasn't aware what the play I was trying to make was
In post 646, Menalque wrote: Skitter what do you think of andante atp?
trying to tell if a strongish townread was also being wigged by Andy's defence of scum!enchant. my thinking was that if she came back to me saying still probably scum and makes sense as a buddy to enchant then I could trust my read even further because I would another person had looked at the same facts as me and drawn the same conclusion.
In post 649, Menalque wrote: Aisa, andante, enchant: what do each of you think about woo?
atp I'm confident on enchant as scum, Andy as being enchant's partner, and I want the third. aisa is the third for me at this point while I'm waiting for her to get back to me on her woo read -- I didn't like the way she voted and unvoted Andy and thought that could be distancing behaviour, plus she hadn't commented at all on anything to do with enchant by this point despite having been around. I wanted to shop the team and also see if asking all of them would lead to them aligning or disaligning when they came to answer it
In post 662, Menalque wrote: Sheep, what do you think of skitt’s idea that I make sense as an enchant partner?
In post 678, Menalque wrote:
In post 667, Andante wrote: mena seems to be asking questions to just “look busy”
This is an odd line to take. Do you think I’m scum then? Would I be asking different questions if I were town?
In post 674, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 662, Menalque wrote: Sheep, what do you think of skitt’s idea that I make sense as an enchant partner?
uhh I don't rlly think anything meaningful lol

I remember reading it and being like "that makes lots of sense, I see that" and giving skitter a couple townpoints

I think u explaining "enchant is a player unlikely to respond differently to a wagon" or whatever also made enough sense

I havent read the exchange between u two in enough detail
Okay, I think this is a fair take, was curious bc you weren’t particularly against woo when I floated that as a good place for a wagon but you’re also voting enchant

I think Andy's line to push on me here is bad because there is very clearly (as I've been showing here) a reason behind all my questions. I think her trying to shade me for it is bad play as I think a better approach is to try and find out why someone is asking those questions. I think the lack of curiosity is +scum but not case closed -- can just be bad play if you genuinely think they're busy work.

In post 679, Menalque wrote: I think the game is like two thirds solved lol

No I will not elaborate at this point
two thirds = obviously enchant and andy
In post 681, Menalque wrote:
In post 587, Alianna wrote: VOTE: Enchant

Yeet. This may be all the content I can muster today, but yeet.
Alianna, when you’re able to — why this vote at this point?
asking alianna specifically because I think scum are trying to save enchant because enchant and his buddy Andy are off wagon. that makes me think scum will join a wagon which I'm supporting and Andy and enchant will both hop on because that's the best of not seeing scum die on D1. however, I'm thinking: there's a chance they're hedging their bets and going enchant off with Andy trying to vocally save him, while one scum busses just in case it all goes pear shapes. alianna had a late vote with a weak justification, and I thought it could be alianna in an Andy/alianna/enchant world wanting to get on before she missed the opportunity. hence wanting to know both the reason and why she voted right then
In post 682, Menalque wrote: Lastly I think I want to hear more from dunn/woo/CSF, mostly the latter two
obvious thing first: I had to include woo because if not it looks weird and I'm aware of that. I'm actually confident on woo!town here and have been this whole time, but if he's who I'm supposedly voting for being scummy then... yeah, I need to look like I want to interrogate him at least

CSF was prob my main suspect by this point? I'd become very locked on Andy being scum with enchant and thought that CSF's defence of Andy could therefore spew her as partner by 1->2->3 step process. hence I wanted to get more out of her and see if she'd join the CW.

dunn i liked the entrance of but know he is good and experienced and felt like I ideally wanted to see more to try and confirm he wasn't the partner to Andy/enchant. I was hoping for clearing stuff from him basically
In post 726, Menalque wrote:
In post 716, skitter30 wrote:
In post 640, Menalque wrote:
In post 630, skitter30 wrote:

E2
Mena can be a partner
So do u get why i think this?
Yes

I mean, ofc I know you’re wrong in this particular case about what I’m actually doing, but I do now get how you’re thinking it and why
So ig my issue is: why do u think i was thinking that if you were a partner you were burning all of your bridges?

Like this question is a bit weird to me in how it's framed b/c i don't know why you would think i thought you were doing that
I will answer this but I want to hear from woo/dunn first -- see and
again, I think this is now clear. because I
was
doing
exactly that
. just not for the reasons skitt was thinking at the time.
In post 731, Menalque wrote:
In post 724, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I didn't like Dunnstral's entrance, and I'm interested to see where he goes when he comes back

@Mena, I'm actually kinda curious why you said you wanted to hear from me/Woo/Dunn because I think both Woo and Dunn are scummy
simply, I feel least confident in my reads on you three and would like to boost that somewhat before EoD1

now, questions!

(1) why didn't you like Dunn's entrance?

(2) what do you like about Alianna?

(3) have you played much with enchant?
why these questions: because I thought Dunn's entrance was good and CSF basically said nothing to justify why she thought it was bad. felt like trying to potentially target an inactive slot as an alternative to enchant.

alianna had done so little for me here and was the worst vote on wagon, so I wanted to know what justification CSF had for putting her so high. felt plausibly like a made up sort of read to me

question on enchant: because I thought enchant was obvscum and that the more anyone had played with him, the more that they should have known this and therefore answering "he's not scum" made them more likely scum too.
In post 792, Menalque wrote: VOTE: dunn

@aisa, have you played much with enchant?
see above, bearing in mind aisa is my third preference for scum after CSf --> alianna. I flipflop back and forth on this and ultimately decide that the better play objectively is to lim the most likely off wagon slots first before looking for someone bussing which is why the final order to lim them in after enchant and Andy red flips was different.
In post 831, Menalque wrote: Aisa, I have more questions for you —

(1) you’ve played with enchant before then — can you tell me why you think his reaction here to being wagoned is towny for him? How does it differ from his reaction to being wagoned when scum in your opinion?

(2) I’ve read and am digesting your Woo post, thanks for that. I’m now wondering where your head is at on dunn. You’re back to a TL on andy, do you think her case is convincing?
probing to try and see if aisa says anything that makes her look partnered while directly pressuring her about the people that I think she would be partnered with
In post 833, Menalque wrote:
In post 832, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 830, Menalque wrote: To those asking why I voted dunn — I’m holding off a little more on this until I hear from woo
Yeah I dunno what to tell ya. it's gonna be a little late, had some irl stuff. I'm reading through the pages rn and nothing feels like it changed for me. Enchant and Andante still my biggest scumreads. Invis and Skitter still my TRs. Rest various shades of null.
Thats cool, I’m the last person to complain about irl stuff delaying ability to play lol

Can you explain a bit more why enchant and moreso andy are your biggest SRs and why skitt and viz are your biggest townreads?
woo is town to me so the questions here are because I wanna see what his take on the game is

I like that his view on the game atp lines up very well with mine
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Menalque »

any other questions that you want to try and suggest were busywork lmao?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Menalque »

fire trying to push me on this angle
In post 1203, fireisredsir wrote: i dunno maybe it was due to reading it all at once but
it felt a little too on the nose and telegraphed
. in 570 he's talking all about how its better to wagon other people than enchant to look for reactions better

then like his next posts are 623 and 625 which look way more to me like someone who just got a fun idea of a gimmick they can pull than someone who has been genuinely planning this since prior to the woo vote

and then he asks people a bunch of questions. and then wowwww he does his big reveal where he says he's being doing that thing which he earlier said would be the towny thing to do

idk im not saying it's a scummy thing to do, i just don't think it's clearing. its like slightly +town but i think his posting overall feels too constructed and
i don't see places where i can actually see his thoughts developing and changing
. it feels more like he has picked positions to have at certain points and then is doing a pretty good job at working within that framework,
rather than those positions developing naturally
is just such a bad decision given that when I'm town if I actually try I can retrace what I was thinking at almost any point in the game provided I have like a bare modicum of notes and the sufficient time to do so

just terrible play, get in the scumbin so we can lim the shit out of you and then remember this for the next time you roll scum against me
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:10 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ill read that more in detail later but i don't think there's any reason that scum mena would feel threatened enough by me to feel like it was necessary to pull that out, even if i think he would be capable of it if sufficiently motivated

he just wouldn't need to
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1214, Aisa wrote:
In post 957, Aisa wrote:
In post 889, Menalque wrote: So, let me come out and say this:
I think the team is exactly Andy+enchant + 1 with the +1 probably being CSF
but possibly being alianna/aisa.
[...]
In post 891, Menalque wrote: I propose flipping in the exact order of

Enchant --> Andy --> CSF --> Alianna --> Aisa --> Skitt

(mostly because I think the early wagon votes are probably all town provided Enchant scum and if it's Andy+Enchant and none of the likely partners are scum it's probably someone good at scum and also skitter surviving 5 nights would be very sun imo)

I hope that my explaining what I've been doing makes sense and there's a calculated risk there because I know I also look partner-y for attempting to divert the wagon. Skitt -- this is why I asked about diverting when I did, because that was exactly what I was trying to do to see if anyone would join. If I need to die on like D4 if CSF isn't scum that's fine, but I think that provided I'm right on Enchant + Andy then the game is probably won like 80-90% of the time.
Ok, questions about this stuff.

1. Why did you scumread Andyslot? What's your read on the slot now?
2. Is there a reason you proposed flipping in this exact order? It seemed really dependent on your exact solve of Enchant + Andante + 1, which even if I agreed Enchant and Andy were likely to flip scum seemed like a lot of pre-flipping
@Mena

I also remembered I never got a response to this and, yeah, think this actually is pretty important stuff for understanding this slot
I'm hoping the huge post I just made is adequate to answer this if you read it in its entirety because it's a pretty step-by-step detailing of how I was thinking throughout most of D1, at least from when things got interesting
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:11 am

Post by implosion »

Aureal wrote: I dislike the replacements therefore scummy idea that's getting pushed.
I don't *think* anyone was actually pushing that idea? I'm certainly not.

I don't think fire is
obvscum
here and I won't be surprised if he flips town but I am definitely on board with flipping him.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:11 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1243, Menalque wrote: fire trying to push me on this angle
In post 1203, fireisredsir wrote: i dunno maybe it was due to reading it all at once but
it felt a little too on the nose and telegraphed
. in 570 he's talking all about how its better to wagon other people than enchant to look for reactions better

then like his next posts are 623 and 625 which look way more to me like someone who just got a fun idea of a gimmick they can pull than someone who has been genuinely planning this since prior to the woo vote

and then he asks people a bunch of questions. and then wowwww he does his big reveal where he says he's being doing that thing which he earlier said would be the towny thing to do

idk im not saying it's a scummy thing to do, i just don't think it's clearing. its like slightly +town but i think his posting overall feels too constructed and
i don't see places where i can actually see his thoughts developing and changing
. it feels more like he has picked positions to have at certain points and then is doing a pretty good job at working within that framework,
rather than those positions developing naturally
is just such a bad decision given that when I'm town if I actually try I can retrace what I was thinking at almost any point in the game provided I have like a bare modicum of notes and the sufficient time to do so

just terrible play, get in the scumbin so we can lim the shit out of you and then remember this for the next time you roll scum against me
i mean yeah it would be awful play if i were scum you are correct
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1246, implosion wrote: I don't think fire is obvscum here
it's okay you can think it after he flips red instead
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1241, Menalque wrote: keen mena!fans will be aware I was recently in TM and playing with koba who was kind enough to explain some of their approach to games to me which is what I'm not trying out. it's essentially about building a worldview of a game, trying to see how the pieces fit into the model, and then re-evaluating based on flips to construct a new model, hopefully getting more accurate each time.
this actually does explain a lotttt about the posturing overconfident vibe i was getting

it's very koba, it just also happened to feel more like what id seen from you as scum, probably because you're borrowing some of that energy you can bring to faking confidence as scum, and just doing it as town instead

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”