Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:57 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I was a waiting for that/

Gotta read up obviously but I know you are desperate to clear TVK or not so no I am not in a position to CC him. Continue on and I should be read up by the time you've all digested this in and check in with me.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Sorry for the slow read up to page 10 ATM hope to finish today and give thoughts
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

finally

got a general gist of the game now and can get to work. though if you feel I grabbed the wrong end of some things then you'll have to point to specific posts or pages for me to re-read, I'll re-read a bit in iso but for now my understanding is

*inhale*

Om was an idiot, GW did some scummy things, kondi was the towniest of town yet got lynched which was a crime a thousand times over, last surivivor and jal had a little tiff in the later half of day 1 where ls spent too much time on the notion of scum partners, drmyshotgun and viijay are low key players and peregrienV is either the most blatant scum or a moron of the highest order, TVK claimed and said who he blocked and nobody CC, the nk makes me think its true.

*exhale*

right. I dont feel anyone is town, in fact I would be very much of the position that scum are running this game and that at least 1 of the high posters is scum and are egging on drama and dragging days out.

I am neutral maybe leaning town on drmyshotgun and viijay, i've played with scum shotgun I think and this is different. Viijay I think may be on to the same thing as me so I want to see if he is.

TVK I am inclined to believe his claim, based mostly on the nk being wifom power hunting.

PeregrineV: Your whole argument with Kondi makes me have multiple epic facepalms in the multiverse. You are either blatant scum or not very bright.

Last survivor & Jal: You two are a right pair of foxes, I dont trust either of you an inch especially Last Survivor

this is bad thinking hinting scuminess

this is just out right scum play

You dont hunt partners on day 1. It's BS, its obviously BS and it spoils the pool. Because it allows you to do what LS has just done, he's cut the pool of people we should look at in half and tries to focus players down specific routes.

Also the whole argument with Jal stinks of a similar argument I did with my scum partner just recently. It's nickpicking reasons for a case. Easy to drop issues that both players know wont draw a wagon.

this bit:

Mk.
If Kondi flips town, I'll reconsider my Jal position since he brought up a good point about the townslip.
If Kondi flips scum, I'll consider the point irrelevant.

is the kicker though, because I did the exact same trick. I bussed my partner as another players partner and knowing that the other player will flip town I could easily drop any and all issues I had with my partner.

I might accept this is genuine town thinking, if you had done this day 2. But at the end of day 1, it screams scum.

oh and this

is lovely reverse spoiled milk tactic

*hur hur aint scum stoopid killing OM that idiot would have been a great scapegoat* I'M SO FREAKING TOWNIE!

no you are not.

vote: Last Survivor
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 434, Lastsurvivor wrote:
SB wrote:You dont hunt partners on day 1. It's BS, its obviously BS and it spoils the pool. Because it allows you to do what LS has just done, he's cut the pool of people we should look at in half and tries to focus players down specific routes.

Are you referring to the whole Jal/Kondi thing? I think you're taking something simple and blowing it way out of proportion. Jal and Kondi were just my top two scum reads, so I was like "These two are scum, if I'm right I have this post all the way back from D1 to point to postgame." So many people did the same thing. E.g, townies Om and Kondi.

Yes I know kondi tried team hunting day 1 as well (which I was all shaking my head in disapointment over) but there is distinct difference in someone listing out pretty much every possibility and giving reasons why they think they are not or are scum teams (process) and someone who only does it for two players.

Also I like how *hey it's just for fun so we can possibly laugh back at this at the end of the game cause I guessed right on the scum team* yet strangely...

you wrote:Did a reread. Gen Wolf (SB, I suppose) and Jal are town. TvK is confirmed town as of last post.

This leaves drmyshotgun, vijay, and pere who I have mixed feelings about.

Let's start at the end.

VOTE: PeregrineV

What are the ground for Jal to not be a suspect?

SB wrote:Also the whole argument with Jal stinks of a similar argument I did with my scum partner just recently. It's nickpicking reasons for a case. Easy to drop issues that both players know wont draw a wagon.

Jal's contradiction that I pointed out in my original post still looks bad to me. I don't think I was "nitpicking."

And yet he's moved into town despite the argument between the two of you being unresolved.

SB wrote:is the kicker though, because I did the exact same trick. I bussed my partner as another players partner and knowing that the other player will flip town I could easily drop any and all issues I had with my partner.

I might accept this is genuine town thinking, if you had done this day 2. But at the end of day 1, it screams scum.

So I'm scum because...I'm scum and you observed something that looks similar to something you did as scum? Or, whittle it down...I'm scum because I'm scum? You can't try to prove something and make the same assumption (LS is scum) as your conclusion (LS is scum). It doesn't prove anything.

No your scum because you directly tied one player to another player about to flip knowing what the flip would be.

FTR, what I was saying in that post was that if Kondi was scum then anything he said while he was "prophesizing" was WIFOM. If he's town, then it's good logic.

Your going to need to explain this more clearly

Mk.
If Kondi flips town, I'll reconsider my Jal position since he brought up a good point about the townslip.

this screams smokescreen, this is the entire justification for you suddenly moving Jal from scum suspect into town. You openly during day 2 drew a line and put him on the side of town and the reasoning behind it was because of how kondi flipped.

SB wrote:oh and this

is lovely reverse spoiled milk tactic

*hur hur aint scum stoopid killing OM that idiot would have been a great scapegoat* I'M SO FREAKING TOWNIE!

I expected Vijay to call me out on that. Hm. Well, at least someone did. Is that "Hur hur" bit at the end a direct quote?

actually I think it's a nod to the diamond horde from discworld...

Let's put this simple.

Why has Jal moved into town? explain this and we can work from there. You say the issue you have with him still looks *bad* not to mention he only unvoted you because of yesterdays deadline, now the two of you are downright f*cking civil to each other.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 437, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 436, Sir Bastion wrote:Yes I know kondi tried team hunting day 1 as well (which I was all shaking my head in disapointment over) but there is distinct difference in someone listing out pretty much every possibility and giving reasons why they think they are not or are scum teams (process) and someone who only does it for two players.

I was actually referring to this quote...

In post 227, kondi2424 wrote:- Based on RVS, LS and Chrimi feel like scum. Just as a "called it in RVS" thing.

Which is similar to what I did.

Again, *process* Kondi went through every player in the game in that post and gave his opinion on how they'd tie up as partners. It is honestly for the most part completely useless because most of it gets thrown out with the flip at the end of the day. It's not being focused to associate two specific players with intent.

Also, Jal's town because on reread I realized that one scum tell doesn't make a scum (he refuted the other point I made in #314) and just because his argument against me was bad doesn't make him scum. You'll have to ask him why he's being civil to me...I dunno.

So you have more then one scum tell for the three players you have isolated as potential scum?

Oh right because those 3 were on the kondi wagon and you believe that both scum were on the kondi wagon.

oh wait? Jal was on the kondi wagon wasnt he/she/it?

Has Jal done anything you have considered a town action?

SB wrote:No your scum because you directly tied one player to another player about to flip
knowing what the flip would be.

If I knew what the flip would be, I would have to be scum. You're assuming that I'm scum to prove that I'm scum. That. Doesn't. Work.

*facepalm*

I got to remember this argument in future, excuse me as I go join a game as scum openly quickhammer an early wagon and when someone says I'm scummy for quickhammering I'll just quote the above rather then explaining my logic.

*Your assuming that I'm scum to prove that I'm scum! I dont need to explain why I made brash and unusual decision to you*

YES I'M WORKING WITH THE LOGIC THAT THERE WAS SCUM MOTIVATION BEHIND SAID POST. YOU'VE YET TO GIVE ME ANY OTHER SORT OF LOGIC.

Your whole argument with Jal started with you accusing him of bussing kondi, you claim it was done in jess, yet you come back to linking them here

Now...doesn't this point also assume that Jal is scum? I.e, you're team scumhunting yourself? :?

*groan* no i'm scumhunting you. Jal is just evidence/witness etc. You flipping town wont clear Jal, I have not ask people to vote Jal because I think your scum or have tried to use Jal's posts to indite you.

I'm using your posts and your relationship with Jal and the Kondi wagon on day 1 as a case for you being scum.

If you flip town, I was wrong what new info was collected today and tonight will be put towards new cases. I wont clear Jal of being possible scum.

If you flip scum, I wont have to do anything as the jailkeeper just needs to lock jal up tonight to clear him or not. If there is still a kill then Jal's not your partner and I just got lucky.

Very different then using a town flip to declare another player town. Which is what you've done.

re what I need to explain (aka what I'm about to quote):

I wrote:FTR, what I was saying in that post was that if Kondi was scum then anything he said while he was "prophesizing" was WIFOM. If he's town, then it's good logic.

Basically, if Kondi was town, then his statement about Jal townslipping was a genuine one.
If Kondi flipped scum, we don't know what Kondi would have been trying to do with that statement. Was he trying to protect his buddy? Or was he trying to throw an innocent townie under the bus by looking like he was trying to protect his buddy? Thus, it would have been WIFOM and irrelevant.

*sigh*

start of day 2:

you wrote:This game deserves a reread.

Since Kondi's town,
Jal being town is fairly likely due to the townslip he pointed out.

TvK, who did you jail and why are you not dead?

It's a mighty big stretch to take it all the way to clearing someone. You claim the comment was more about kondi's actions as possible scum, yet you use it at the start of day 2 to clear Jal. If both Kondi and Jal are town then what does kondi flipping do to reconfirm that his suspicions are correct? He's used what he calls a townslip from the RVS. FROM RVS!!! as grounds. But thats enough for you suddenly.

Does it cross your mind that maybe...maybe Kondi was wrong? Kondi was town, hell he was blatantly town, but he was not infallible. Why do you accept kondi's notion on Jal but not his notion on my slot? He had GW down as a scum possible, but you put me in town.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:41 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 439, Lastsurvivor wrote:
Spoiler: SB quote#1(trying to cut down post lengths, sorry mobile users...)
In post 438, Sir Bastion wrote:Again, *process* Kondi went through every player in the game in that post and gave his opinion on how they'd tie up as partners. It is honestly for the most part completely useless because most of it gets thrown out with the flip at the end of the day. It's not being focused to associate two specific players with intent.

...No, I'm only referring to the part I quoted. Not the stuff he did later on. Kondi didn't follow the "process" in that quote...he just did a "called it" sort of thing.

But the comparison with how you've treated Jal falls apart because
in the same post
he goes on to explain out in detail his thinking, flawed but still processed.

Spoiler: SB quote#2
SB wrote:Oh right because those 3 were on the kondi wagon and you believe that both scum were on the kondi wagon. oh wait? Jal was on the kondi wagon wasnt he/she/it?

Welp, it's process of elimination. Those three are the only ones who I'm not sure about. And they were all on the kondi wagon. Thus, both scum must have been on the Kondi wagon. That's the only reason I think both scum were on there.

It's nice to be so sure of oneself. Speaking of players you are sure about, can I ask what it is my predecessor did to get such trust from you?

re Jal doing towny things: The tunnel on me felt town motivated. I don't think scum would have been so persistent. I'm sure there was more, but that's the first thing that jumps to mind.

but you did a reread so recently! I was hoping for more :(

Also, I haven't provided any other sort of logic...? I've done so twice.

You've provided the same logic twice, you trust kondi's read of a single post from RVS as a towntell.

And what's the scummy motivation?

distancing

Yes, it is enough for me...do you have an issue with that?

guess I do, it sort of itches at me that you take that comment to heart so much, yet you dont take any of his other comments. Kondi was suspicious of my slot, he was even voting GW at the end of day 1, but hey it's not who he suspects that matters, it's who he clears.

Also, I didn't know that giving people town reads = clears these days. The only person who is cleared is TvK. Anyone can still lose a town read. I only said Jal was a likely town read, and that read solidified after I reread.

If this was a large game, I'd probably agree with you, you can let a player sink to the background while you focus on what you suspect.

but this isnt a large game, we can be put in mylo tomorrow if things keep going bad. So we dont have the luxury to rub each other's towniness, we dont have the space to risk voting alliance and declaring who's townie and who's not. the line is too thin to give that level of trust to anyone.

vijay wrote:Any comments on this?

I'll tell it to my children when I'm putting them to bed, but as far as this game, I have an inkling of something but I need to go recheck early day 1.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 447, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 432, Sir Bastion wrote:regrienV is either the most blatant scum or a moron of the highest order

In post 432, Sir Bastion wrote:You are either blatant scum or not very bright.

Not quite sure where all this love is coming from. But, I'm sure you'll expand on this repeated notion that I scum or a blithering idiot.

Most of it was coming from how incapable you seemed to be of understanding kondi on his question (one of the actual good ones in day 1) about how confident people were in a scumtell to the point that he was bolding and increasing the font of his words. It irritated me that you doubled down your vote on him over it and it led to his lynch.

LS wrote:#1: Yes, for all the other partners he lists. Unfortunately, he never explains or details his thinking for me/chrimi (which is the one I've been referring to <.<). He literally says it was just a called it in RVS thing...and I literally said in my post that it was my "called it" team.

The problem is you brought it up numerous times first on the offensive against Jal (in 2 seperate posts) and then on the flip where because of how kondi flipped Jal was now town. If it was meant to be in jest and simply your *called it* team then like kondi you would have only said it once and focused on what was in front of you.

#2: Self vote - I don't think scum would do that. Also, he didn't know the setup, which, again, screams town to me.

Ok, I'd believe the first one, but if I wasnt filling the same slot I'd still be suspicous of the second, but clearly you are more trusting then me.

#3: Oh, ok! Tell me, how are you not team hunting, again?

Team hunting involves using one lynch to dictate how you treat the other player, so for example clearing one player because the person you thought was his partner flipped town, or lynching one person cause the person you thought was his partner flipped scum, both processess are flawed because you are punishing or protecting one player because of the actions of another. I dont have to do this at all, I can lynch you and even if you flip scum still clear Jal. All still have two power roles that can clear him. Yes I am using your interaction with him as the basis of my suspicion and to that extent I am team scumhunting, but I am not blinkering myself to the notion that if A is scum B MUST BE SCUM etc. I am willing to accept that even if you flipped scum that I would turn out to be completely wrong on Jal.

#4: I'm confused. Why exactly do I need to agree with everything Kondi says? I didn't know that, because I support one piece of a player's logic, I suddenly should be supporting every part of his logic.

So why that piece of logic but not the others?

#5: ...Wat. Are you just fearmongering now? I've never suggested a voting alliance. I simply stated my town reads. You're the one who's making a big deal out of them.

You stated the notion of Jal being town 3 times between kondi's hammer and before I started posting, it felt insistent to the point of motive.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Sorry about sudden absence. Unexpected Val til Wednesday evening.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

With the no night kill I'm not sure (calculates) yes it's still mylo

I have learnt not to go vla with my vote on someone now...I am going to hurt some of you.

Tvk claim target but don't vote
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

ok...

hmm

Jal wrote:I won't be able to respond much until tomorrow. As with everyone else, I'm awaiting the night action. Most probably, TvK targeted the killer or there was a nk.
I fail to see why scum wouldn't kill anyone but TvK at this point, if they decided to kill anyone at all.

True, occum's razor and all that says shotgun is scum.

shotgun response?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Remember it's mylo unless TVA gets lucky tonight.

It just seems too easy no way would I let the player who hammered *by mistake* be the one deliver the kill if I was scum it just seems careless.

But I have been over-estimating players in this game and it was partially my fault for not unvoting when I went vla. And shotguns whole vote and exchange with vijay did look blatantly scummy.

Guess I'm game
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 495, vijay2vasandani wrote:VOTE: No Lynch

TvK you know what to do.

explain why you want a no lynch.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 497, vijay2vasandani wrote:Because it's mylo. Duh. I'll do anything to increase the chances of hitting scum.

so you dont believe tvk caught scum?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 500, vijay2vasandani wrote:Wait no this is two scum mylo. Never mind, we do have something to lose,
but no lynch is still the best option for me.

why?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:59 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 503, Jal wrote:I'm most intrigued by why you think a no lynch would be better for
you

@Sir - You also have to consider that the other possible scum partner may be just more scummy and barely anyone said they had a scum read on Gunny.

Also, that lynch wasn't really "accidental."

@Pv - What's up?

You are correct

As I said it does seem Occum's razor is the best route here

Viijay and shotgun scumteam seems to be blatant. Viijay being outright fingered by LS as his last act might have made him worry that TVK would have taken those words to heart and acted on them and had shotgun send in the kill instead.

It just being Mylo I thought we'd give this a a bit of air before jumping the gun, but the sudden interest in no lynch with no justification pretty much seals the deal for me.

I'm game to lynch shotgun

vote:drmyshotgun
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 505, vijay2vasandani wrote:Because I'd still like better odds at hitting scum. Has TvK given reasoning for the shotgun target?

is the reason important?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I would like to understand this better. The person you were voting for was lynched, and now you are unhappy?

Yeah, I wasnt ready for a lynch....day 2 was way too short for my liking, I mean according to the last votecount we still have time *now* on the day 2 timer:

Deadline is in 3 days, 1 hour, 37 minutes

Was I voting LS, yes I was. I was pushing him, I suspected some issues and I would continue pushing those issues until satisfied. When I went VLA there were only 2 votes on LS, his vote was on you, I wanted to see how stubborn he would have been sticking to you or would he at some lash out at me with a vote. That would have said a lot to me. We were not at the point for a hammer and it came anyway. And where was I? I was travelling on a train across country heading home to the family.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

They always do :)
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

vijay you never got to explain yourself from day 2... that story and all things.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

@Sir Bastion: What did you think you had an inkling of in post 450?

You mean in 445?

I thought he was claiming tracker with all this talk of white light etc.

Which is obviously bullsh*t now and the emphasize on wine in the story made me re-read the thread trying to see if LS did a lot of wifom in day 1.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Go ahead doesnt look like much else is happening...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:00 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

So like me you really had just suspicions of ls being too town for it to be true.

Hmm

We really need more input from lurkers...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

oh noes Jal you genius investigator....

well not really.

So it's a WIFOM mylo.

hmm

a no lynch would greatly reduce the pool.

based purely on TVK's night actions I'd like to think I know who the scum is. But there is a lot of wifom involved as it involves deducting both tvk's actions last night (which should be straight forward) and the actions of possible scum during night 2...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I guess the poor end for LS during day 2 is making me more cautious then I should be. So I'm going to just go all out lylo thinking:

Why is knowing N2 actions critical to you? Don't we know their actions already?

See that's where we take a big dip into wifom territory

Let's look at the scenarios:

We had 2 scum goons and a jailkeeper

scenario 1

Night 1:

scum A killed
scum B did nothing
Jailkeeper locked Goon B

Night 2

Scum A killed
Scum B did nothing again
Jailkeeper: locked scum A

Night 3

scum B killed
Jailkeeper locked up town

scenario 2

Night 1

Scum A Killed
Scum B did nothing
Jailkeeper locked up scum B

Night 2

Scum A did nothing
Scum B Killed
Jailkeeper locked up Goon A

Night 3

Game Over

scenario 3

night 1
scum A killed
scum B did nothing

night 2
scum A killed again
scum B did nothing
Jailkeeper locked up scum A

night 3
Scum B killed
Jailkeeper locked up town and died

Scenario 4

night 1
scum A killed
scum B did nothing

night 2
scum A did nothing
Scum B now killed
Jailkeeper locked up scum B

Night 3
Scum A killed

this is why this round is a bit of wifom. If Peregrinev is scum then scenario 2 is the most obvious route for scum to take. It would be seen as a potential waste for the jailkeeper to keep locking up the same person so after he had been locked up night 1 he should have taken over responsibility for sending in the kills.

Yet that didnt happen. Scenario 1, 3 or 4 happened instead. So the question is if Peregrinev is the sort of player who either A) felt at risk at the end of day 2 of being locked up again, or B) Didnt think TVK would lock up shotgun. Or C) Is not our scum suspect and it's scenario 3 or 4.

Oh trying to outguess him is hard.

Occam's Razor says C) is our answer. With shotgun's hammer and the fact peregrinev had already been locked up he should have moved the killing responsibility to himself.

So that leaves vijay, you and me. And both of us are thinking the same thing. TVK should have locked up Vijay...there is no reason for him to lock up anyone else. If he did lock up someone else then that's sceanio 4.

So really the only people left is you and me. And I know I aint scum so it must be you...and thats scenario 3

And that's where I get cold feet.

Do I trust TVK to have done the obvious?

Does Pergrin cross me as the sort of player who would have changed who delivered the kill himself after he had been locked up once?

Why would you let Shotgun send in the kill at the end of day 2 TVK clearly stated he saw you as town (and he said he saw me as town too)...The only player who was at a serious risk at the end of day 2 based on their actions and how TVK saw them was Vijay.

The end result is 3 scenarios...one where tvk messed up and didnt lock up vijay, one where pergrin didnt think about the night 2 action and one where it could be either you or me but for some reason we let the player who hammered on day 2 deliver the kill.

So which do you think is the most likely scenario?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:55 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Hmm where is everyone?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:11 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In the meantime give me your reads scummiest to least

Mine are:

Jal
Peregrinev
Vijay
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I'd like to hear vijay's thoughts if he's around.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

interesting.

Well do you guys want to talk about something or just get to the no lynch vote?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 560, Jal wrote:Sir Bastion, your basis for ruling out Pv is

In post 549, Sir Bastion wrote:Occam's Razor says C) is our answer. With shotgun's hammer and the fact peregrinev had already been locked up he should have moved the killing responsibility to himself.

and

In post 549, Sir Bastion wrote:Does Pergrin cross me as the sort of player who would have changed who delivered the kill himself after he had been locked up once?

It doesn't take into account any other situation which has occurred in the game.

Considering that I framed this as a question, it does mean I am looking to discuss other situations. Do you feel Pergrin is the sort of player who would have made such a change during night 2?

It looks like you're trying to rule out PV quickly and ineffectually while trying to hop onto his suspicion of me.

I stated already I am trying to keep this as close to Occam's razor as I can. The player of the three of you with the most direct route to being scum would be my preferred choice if we were to lynch today. At the moment Vijay has the most wifom involved with TVK's death and you and pergrin are very close, Pergrin has a fair bit of wifom over night 2 because to me if I had been jailed once and informed as such the most direct action is for me to take on the night kills. You also have a bit of wifom but it's not as much as Pergrins to me.

In your first real contribution D2 you said,

In post 432, Sir Bastion wrote:peregrienV is either the most blatant scum or a moron of the highest order

What made you rule out that he isn't blatant scum and instead just a moron of the highest order?

Mostly because it hasnt happened again since, pergrin hasnt doggidly latched onto something and try to drive it to lynch. Now obviously with the real low activity in this game since day 1 there isnt a lot to go on, but days 2 and 3 didnt have the same pushiness to them that made me dislike his play on day 1.

I thought Drmyshotgun acted completely different from his town game with me (where I was scum). What of drmyshotgun's play this game made you think he was acting different from his usual scum self?

i've had one game with him as scum and he was more ambitious in that then he was here link

we are probably very lucky I wasnt the jailkeeper as I wouldnt have jailed him night 3, I would have tried jailing vijay or you instead.

Since I'm not confident in my reads I'm gonna throw out a no lynch vote for now

vote: No Lynch
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:52 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I'm fecking wrecked.

Just finished a six day shoot and finally back to normal (somewhat still got to clean up a lot of stuff) so I'll slowly catch up on all my games

thankfully not a lot has happened here so this should be quick.

1. obvious night kill is obvious but it clears tvk of brain fart with his last jailing. So those doubts in my head are settling

In post 575, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 574, Jal wrote:Actually, it does.

By the way, why did you think you had any chance of being killed last night?

Why wouldn't I be killed? You never even considered it?

If anyone other then Vijay had died last night then scum was putting themselves at great risk all 3 of us yesterday put vijay at the bottom of our suspect list and letting him live would have required a great ability to wifom up the notion of TVK brain farting his last jailing to stop players treating him as a confirmed town in lylo.

3. With Vjay now confirmed now would be the best time to look at the drmyshotgun wagon since that means one of the 3 players on it was scum.

Is it Peregrinev, the player drmyshotgun never interacted with and gave null to town readings of him?

or is it jal, the player he voted for just before he self hammered and gave town to null readings of him?

hmm

any thoughts before I take a stab in the dark?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

hmmm

will post later today got to run at the moment...

but after reading shotguns other scum games etc I have an inkling how I'm gonna vote.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:55 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 595, Jal wrote:Sir Bastion, when you first came into the game you were bold and outspoken. Ever since that first day, you've been acting pretty timid and non revealing, even in lylo. Why?

Mostly because of this:

I'm fecking wrecked.

Just finished a six day shoot and finally back to normal (somewhat still got to clean up a lot of stuff) so I'll slowly catch up on all my games

I've just finished shooting a film and the period I was VLA was when I was actually on set so no access to internet. But the month running up has had me doing a lot of pre-production work so my input to most of my mafia scum games has been spotty.

We just wrapped on monday and I'm still sorting out a lot of post shoot stuff (a lot of laundry for one thing) and I still havnt returned to my own computer (working off a family laptop)

I've done a re-read and will do a reads post though much more briefly then yours later today.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Ok very briefly

This game has been slow, I tried picking it up but real life seriously got in the way more so then even I predicted.

in the end i am left with Jal and Peregrinev

two players who are rubbing me the wrong way in two very different ways.

Jal has been pro-active, helpful, pushy and so far the only player actively participating in lylo.

Peregrinev has been absent, lazy and generally lurking.

Both players are extremes on either end of the scale which makes both players look scummy by different scum playstyles (Jal keeping control of the game, peregrin lurking through it) I know when I play scum I play it like Jal.

So to me the key is working out drmyshotgun and considering the following

-He replaced in on day 1
-He always made the kills until he died
-His actions on the day when he was busted were mute.

Going by his meta Shotgun does bus, but his bussing tends to be organised before hand, he clears it with other scum in QT.

So I am thinking peregrinev is his partner because:

-They never went near each other day 1, scum players who havnt got a chance to chat in qt would be reluctant to do anything to upset their partners.
-Peregrin being less active it would make sense that shotgun would have kept sending in the kills, they probably didnt discuss in depth enough to make such decisions. Jal would have been much more active going by his posting and would have moved the kill action actively, especially after shotgun was made high suspect after LS's wagon.
-I havnt found a case where shotgun would vote his partner before he is lynched, in fact he is more likely to continue fighting the player he percieved as leading the case against him (in this case Jal)

So this is all a rather dull LYLO and I'm not fussed enough to keep us all waiting in suspense.

either I'm right and it's down to Jal to believe me or I've given this game to him, but considering how pro-active he's been and how absent me and peregrin have been, he deserves it even if I am completely wrong.

Vote: Peregrinev

Jal it's your call.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I guessed right *phew*

Jal posted elsewhere but not here half an hour ago, if he was scum he would have just hammered and left it at that.

But he didnt which means he's thinking about what he'll post which = town.

So now it's just a matter of if he'll believe me or not.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:24 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 600, Jal wrote:Not voting without Peregrine returning regardless.

I know but you just confirmed yourself as town, so I'm happy where my vote sits.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:05 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Sooo

Peregrin will be back soon, any further thoughts, questions for me jal before he gets here?

btw I'll be VLA for most of tomorrow as I'm finally finished up at this location and heading home after almost 2 months working in the middle of nowhere. But it takes most of the day to get home by ferry/train. I'll hopefully be able to check in online after a short while once I'm at the train. but it'll be a pain to post.

I am curious what job you do on the movie shoot I know that is a LOT of hard work and long hours but I am sure also very satisfying as well.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I normally work as Assistant Director, but this shoot was actually my own so I was the director in a short film. Hence I was out at the small irish town we were filming in almost a month before the shoot casting and rehearsing etc etc, shot for 7 days and then I was there for a week after the shoot sorting out all the money and logistics with the producer.

I am actually at my own computer for the first time in over a month today. Sort of put off by the much larger screen and actual keyboard...

Anyway

Peregrinev say's I am scum and I say he is scum.

Jal it is up to you to make the call. Would you like to take a shot in the dark or is there anything you would like us to do. We could try a blood test like they do in 'The Thing'.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

the day I have lots of free time no one needs me :(
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Do we take turns to go vla?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I'm really annoyed.

I bought ben and jerrys phish food ice cream and there are no fish shaped chocolate bits in it :(

very odd.

Anyway. Jal I'm not 100% in what you are asking in the 3rd paragraph about the gunny kills?

As for the Om kill I wasnt here day 1 and while I did read day 1 I dont think anything stuck out from his posting that made me think why he was killed. So I'd go with the default they were power role hunting perhaps?

My *big post* wasnt really written from the perspective to convince others with a case it was more me putting out who I was going to side with in this Lylo. I genuinely expected the game to finish 3-5 posts after with you either being scum and I was wrong or clear you and put it down to you to make the choice.

It was literally inches between me choosing to vote you or to vote peregrinev. And honestly if I was to pick something out that had me choose him over you it is that drmyshotgun replaced in on day 1 and that does create a natural distancing between scum and day 1 shotgun named you town (which would only have worked if he had a stronger town game then you at the time which he didnt) while he kept his distance from peregrinev.

OH!!!

THERE ARE ALL THE CHOCOLATE PIECES...they have all gone to the bottom of the tub forming a layer of chocolate fossils...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

You already start off under assumption that Gunny made the N1 kill. You can only rule out Peregrine, but not me. However, you start off your things to consider with this point like it is fact.

True it is an assumption, but there's no case for you to give control of the kill back to gunny for N2 if you had it N1.

Consider that he hammered someone during day 2 and looked incredibly scummy at the end of the day. Why would you give him back control when if you'd held on to it chances were higher that you wouldnt have been locked up.

It couldnt be out of fear for the tracker, you'd just got him lynched there was no risk in holding onto the kill, but there was a lot of risk giving it over to gunny.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:07 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

and?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

town wins?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Thank you jal!

*phew* that was my first lylo as town, got worried for a second there.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Quietest endgame ever...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Sorry for getting you mislynched LS. If I had taken my vote of you then perhaps town would have walked away with this game sooner :(
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

1: If peregrinev was more gun ho he could have argued I was trying to get you to lynch him while he was VLA...

2: Could have been a good argument for why gen wolf delivered most of the kills.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #47) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 633, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 632, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 631, PeregrineV wrote:And the Shotgun hammer of LS was just plain scummy.

But good for our team... :lol:

no...no it wasnt :D
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

*yay*

thanks for the game rach!
Scum:

Return to “Completed Open Games”