CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Hello, everyone. Is this the most awesome spot to replace into, ever?

I will make a kill by page 28 at the latest. Excessively long days suck, so I'm giving you 20 pages to make your cases.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Who here has played with SodaSpirit17 before? Please include this information in your next post.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:40 am

In post 187, Catlord wrote:Mind if I ask why you want this information? It does not seem to make much of a difference as I don't think he even posted in this thread.

I ask because from what I remember, SodaSpirit is perennial lynch bait and therefore an odd choice for gunbearer. I wouldn't expect someone with firsthand experience with his play to pick him as scum.

In post 191, RedPanda wrote:I'm not going to beg for the gun. I'd rather convince someone to shoot my reads. If I'm going to get shot, I'm going to get shot.

CTD, here is what you should do. Look at the whole player list. read the game, get a few town reads. and shoot from the rest. I've made a list in one of my earlier posts and you can use that too.

This is an odd post. You say you want to convince me to shoot your reads, but your suggested course of action doesn't involve any convincing. Do you really think enough has happened to make an informed kill? You list one strong town read and three weak ones, which to me is not sufficient for any meaningful PoE.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Prod dodge. I have some stuff to say tonight.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 am

I apologize for the delay. Here's where I stand in terms of strategy and game state:

We need to kill 4 scum and we can afford 3 dead townies. Our odds of hitting scum are never going to be better than 50%. We are also never going to confirm anyone as town (other than the current gunbearer) and we have no voting records to hold people accountable by. For these reasons, I don't find PoE lists at all helpful. Sure, PoE can improve the odds of shooting correctly, but only if the town reads are rock solid, and they are never going to be. I therefore suggest that we create an environment where people give strong scum or town reads and dispense with the in-between. There's nothing stopping you from scumhunting aggressively, you literally can't be mislynched in this game. Posts that serve the sole purpose of nurturing your image are therefore scummy. This includes all posts along this line:
In post 10, Minimal wrote:I second that! having us as a gun-bearer would be awesome!
In post 158, fuzzybutternut wrote:Srand, I want to be shot too, does that make me scum?
In post 203, Syryana wrote:Maybeso, maybenot! It will cost you one bullet to find out <3
In post 208, fferyllt wrote:
In post 200, srand wrote:fferyllt > jeremylu > catlord > minimal. I'd recommend shooting in that order.
I like this list. The start of it, anyway.
In post 222, fuzzybutternut wrote:woohoo! shoot me first! :D
All these posts translate into "I'm not afraid to be shot! Ain't I super-protown!". Now I realize that having the gun is somewhat alluring, but trying to get yourself shot as town is literally the only strategic fuck-up you can do in this set-up. It uses up one of our few misfires, it's wishing death upon the current gunbearer, it's playing against your wincon. There is
zero
pro-town motivation for this kind of posting, but there
is
strong scum-motivation.

---------------

I'm probably going to take a shot pretty soon. More players are twiddling their thumbs than there is scum in the game, and we probably need a dead body to have any real grounds for scumhunting. Catlord is off-limits, I have a town read on him. My current shitlist is topped by these 3 individuals:
- Syryana
- fuzzybutternut
- jeremylu

I need imput from everyone on who you most want shot out of this list, with reasoning.

---------------

Random observation and another request to everyone:
In post 18, Ineffective wrote:Even if you think you can shoot all three mafia on your lonesome, it doesnt justify asking for shooter to kill himself off and waste a misfire. Not a towny reaction imo
Ineffective gets the number of scum wrong. Please state whether this looks like a townslip to you.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:04 pm

In post 283, fuzzybutternut wrote:I beg to differ, actually. But, I digress. Shoot who you wish.
What do you beg to differ with? Your refusal to participate in scumhunting is noted.
In post 284, Minimal wrote:I like all three of those people as probable shooting suspects, however I think that Syry is the one of those three that should be shot at. Reason being, if he is in fact town, then I believe that he is the one who is most likely to end up making the right decision on who to shoot next.

Jeremylu doesn't give me to strong a scum vibe

and I'm thinking Fuzzy is just being an idiot this game. Don't think it's indicative of alignment though
If Jeremylu doesn't give you a strong scum vibe and Fuzzy's play isn't indicative of alignment, why do you like both of them as shooting targets?
In post 285, Catlord wrote:The fact that he got the number of scum wrong means nothing to me. A silly mistake is a silly mistake. Scum could just as easily make it as town.
Scum knows how many partner they have. From town it's a silly mistake, from scum it's an act of deception. Do you disagree with this?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Telling me to "shoot who
wish" when I ask for an opinion on specific players says you're not scumhunting. Not helping in the decision-making process might have might have been putting it better.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:25 pm

In post 291, RachMarie wrote:Not sure but think Jeremy is new? He is playing a rather meh game, could be newbscum... but yeah need to see more from him.
Yes, but I find newbish awkwardness much more likely to come from scum in this set-up, since there's no reason to be inhibited if he's town.
In post 294, Minimal wrote:Because, while neither of them give me strong scum vibes, I still feel that they are the most likely to compromise the scum team at this point.
Please rephrase, I can't make sense of what you're saying here. Compromise the scumteam?
In post 327, Syryana wrote:She doesn't want me to have the gun. If she believed what she was saying, she'd want me to have the gun because I'd likely know what to do with it.
You continue to display a shocking lack of pro-town thinking. This supposed slip is complete bullshit.
In post 334, RedPanda wrote:I'm actually pretty confident about my syr, Ineffective, fuzzy, srand town reads.
I second the request for reasoning on these, fuzzy in particular.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 am

Syryana, if you're town, you're playing against your wincon, simple as that. If you're town, you've also been playing a pretty terrible game so far, which gives you zero ground to criticize me and goes to illustrate why your slip on fferyllt is bullshit. Just because you have a town read on someone doesn't mean the gun "couldn't be in better hands" with them. And if you need the town motivation behind not wanting a person you have a town read on explained to you, you should work on your grasp of the setup.

Instead of bemoaning our "talking in circles", how about you answer my request for jeremylu reads.

-------------
In post 346, Ineffective wrote:Shoot him before he is replaced imo... If he is scum his replacement will come in and towntell like crazy to make up for jeremy being choked up
Scummy post.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:28 pm

In post 353, srand wrote:Based on his last post, I'm starting to townread jeremylu. His scumhunting seems genuine, and I like the fact that he doesn't scumread syryana for trolling. CTD, why are you determined to shoot between jeremylu, sryryana, and fuzzy? I'm starting to think that all three of them might be town.
I am not determined to shoot between the three, they just pinged me most at the time of my reread. I am open to other options.
In post 362, RachMarie wrote:Anyways CTD are you waiting on more analysis from peeps? At this point we are all pretty much waiting on you..
Well, I haven't made up my mind on who to shoot yet, though I'm not sure what I need to get there.

In any case I'd appreciate a top three "who to shoot" list from everyone, not just for my decision making, but as a substitute for an end of day vote count.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:57 am

In post 365, CrashTextDummie wrote:In any case I'd appreciate a top three "who to shoot" list from everyone, not just for my decision making, but as a substitute for an end of day vote count.
I want this from everyone before I shoot.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 pm

How can you have no comment on shot list? Do you have no scum read? Who would you shoot if you had the gun?

Catlord needs to post his list. After that I'll go over everything one more time and end the day.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:36 am

Waiting on Catlord.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 am

You are welcome, Red Panda.
In post 441, Nachomamma8 wrote:CTD, I would like the townreads you would bet the game on.
I do have a weak town read on Catlord that I may have to reconsider, and I'm leaning town on your slot and maybe RP. None of them strong enough to bet the game on.

I've pretty much resigned myself to not shooting fuzzy or Syryana today. Everyone not mentioned in this post is fair game.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:03 am

In post 444, Nachomamma8 wrote:Has your top three changed at all?
If I had to shoot right now, I'd throw a dice between Jeremylu, Minimal and RachMarie.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 am

Shoot: Minimal

Shots fired.

I don't really have any words of wisdom if the Hydra happens to be town. I suggest metagaming Jeremylu before he is executed though.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (isolation #16) » Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm

I thought this was an exceptionally well modded game. Not a fan of the set-up, but I seem to be alone in this.

Well done, town!

Return to “Completed Open Games”