Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 50, Ranger wrote:
Ika Musume wrote:vote: GM
free town points to anyone who can guess why i made this vote.
I
might
see what you're seeing, so I could probably follow you, but I happen to hold stronger suspicion on Errant.

I'm interested to know what you
might
be seeing regarding GM.

PEdit: Your mafia career will be filled with pain if you don't have an avi, bub.
VOTE: Ranger

Mostly cause they're fun! c: The error should tell you what was wrong.. try a smaller image?
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Huh, okay, that's weird. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I can't think of one with the info here. For ref, mine's a 100 x 100 .png image so I don't know why yours isn't working. Contact site help?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

UNVOTE: Ranger

Goodnight everybody!
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Wait, you're the same person who I asked about goodmorning. While not as pressing as you getting an avatar, I'd still like to know. In the morning. I won't read it now.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:48 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 66, Ranger wrote:
MaxwellPuckett wrote:I'm interested to know what you might be seeing regarding GM.
Realized I skipped over answer this, sorry. Didn't mean to ignore it. Generally, I've been raised to not immediately reveal these things until more time has passed, allowing more players to chime in. Particularly, the player being pressured. (In this case, GM.) So I can answer, but I generally like to wait until time has passed.

I assumed Ika was doing the same thing, actually.

I don't agree with 'waiting for time to pass' if the player being waited on isn't really being pushed to answer, which appears to be the case. Now that goodmorning has weighed in below, would you feel like sharing your feelings on them? Same question to Ika Musume.
In post 69, goodmorning wrote:
@Mod: I'm totally voting parabola.

In post 51, makara wrote:He could have asked why it was a serious vote,

p r e c i s e l y

In post 66, Ranger wrote:
MaxwellPuckett wrote:I'm interested to know what you might be seeing regarding GM.
Generally, I've been raised to not immediately reveal these things until more time has passed, allowing more players to chime in. Particularly, the player being pressured. (In this case, GM.)

I'm still not taking it seriously. I thought I'd made that clear already?

As for the other point of discussion, I'm not sure that arguing about RVS pedantics is the best use of our time. I really often see players argue about specific wording and what they expected from each other in the RVS stage, and it all turns up to nothing because the two players have just confused each other, or have different opinions about the significance of RVS, etc. etc.
If you disagree with me on that point, please say so. I'm aware I might be misunderstanding the situation, or over-simplifying.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 113, Trivium wrote:I think that votes should be because someone already suspects someone, and voting for pressure seems like trying to lynch quickly to me.

Are you talking about someone in particular here? If so, I'm assuming you're talking about fire, in which case I have to wonder what the point of this post is. If I'm wrong there, then who are you talking to?

goodmorning: So, you're not going to be playing seriously? Good to know.

Varsoon: I like your gifs. Please answer all further questions in gif or image form. All of them, or you're auto-scum. Sorrys thems the rules

Also:

In post 112, Trivium wrote:By playstyle I meant I literally can't hope but look over my posts to see what other people might think about them. And yes, it is inhibiting. Thats why I play this, so I can learn to care less of what others think of me. Maybe that will help me though on later games when people check my meta. Nobody would be able to tell the difference between my scum and town play.

In post 115, Trivium wrote:
In post 114, Varsoon wrote:I really don't have much to add, sadly.
If folks have questions for me, I'm around. I don't really know how to respond to Trivium's response to the IC pressure.

Why do you feel the need to explain why you haven't been posting?

Anyone else bothered when looking at these two posts together?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:23 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 124, Brunneis wrote:I think Varsoon and Trivium could be Scum partners, though.

Explain why?

Goodmorning: mmm, alright. I think I got the wrong idea when you said you didn't take opens seriously.

In other news I'm a fan of Ranger at the moment.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 134, Errantparabola wrote:Trivium i dont think you never answered my question
Maxwell, why?
GM, ill respond to you when i get off my phone and go home

Errant, I'm assuming you're asking about why I'm townreading ranger? Do you disagree with my read?
In post 153, Trivium wrote:
In post 148, Ika Musume wrote:you should l-1 it so i can hammer

Any particular reason why? You know, when I die you will have to have one.

Did I really badly miscount votes? There's no wagon on you, how are you going to die?

So many questions. It's like I always have questions.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Scum doesn't defend scum on D1. Not like that, anyways. It just... It really doesn't happen. Brunneis ( I'm not remembering how to spell it right now) going for the GM and Triv scum theory seems kind of shortsighted.

That's not my only problem, but I haven't noted post numbers right now. I'll do it on my laptop later.

Anyways VOTE: Brunneis.

Trivium is reading honest to me at a gut level. Varsoon is someone who I can't really read because I know he's consciously trying to play it cool. I don't remember who said it but scum cool and town cool look the same without flips.

Nothing wrong with following the IC though. It's at least a guarantee that the IC isn't trying to direct the lynch away from scum. Like, don't disregard your own opinions in favour of theirs, but if they match up then there isn't really a problem...
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:23 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I was in DS9 for a bit, yeah. I don't remember the game well.

And yes, scum wants their teammates alive.. But usually not like this, on D1, when there are plenty of targets to go after that don't involve defending their partners. Above all scum don't want to be caught defending the one that flips scum.

I'm not saying they won't defend each other on the first day, but they'll at least try to be subtle about it. I just don't see scum goodmorning saying that scum Trivium's posts don't look forced.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

The way Brunneis speaks is what bothers me, but I think thats already been addressed by goodmorning above.

The 'i'm not picking on you, Ranger' thing, especially. Like, it looks like you're trying to make sure Ranger (or someone else) doesn't accuse you of something. It rubs me the wrong way.
In post 227, Brunneis wrote:
In post 186, goodmorning wrote:The reason I do so well as Mafia is because the things I say as Mafia are the exact same as the things I say as Town. I've been reasonably decent at deceit recently, if I do say so myself.
Thought process about what?

That doesn't make me feel better about my suspicions on you...
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:
In post 227, Brunneis wrote:But yeah, pulling scum for once in eternity would have been nice - sadly, that isn't the case here.

This sentence doesn't do anything at all to reassure me.

Putting these two quotes side by side makes for a good laugh, huh?
I'm not sure what to make of it, I'm leaning toward it just being coincidence that both of you decided to say these things. But still, heh.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:53 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I disagree with Trivium's arguments against Brunneis, and it makes me pause. It's hard to explain, but Trivium is saying that Brunneis should be trying to advance the game, instead of trying to 'look town'? Usually when scum want to look town, they try to ask questions, share reads, etc. Or, well.. Basically I don't like Trivium's case, and it makes me second-guess myself on Brunneis. Like, accusing then of trying to look town while also saying that they should be doing more to advance the game... There's no other way to look town without doing the latter, is there?

What I've written here isn't accurately conveying my thoughts, but I don't know how to word it. Also, quotes Brunneis' vote of them before voting Brunneis.. Why did you do that, Trivium?

Pedit:

Goodmorning, about those two quotes, I wouldn't call yours self-incriminating. More confident, certainly. Brunneis' was kind of sloppy, whereas yours had more of that self-assuredness that makes you appear a stronger player, and also kind of makes me nervous.

I'd taken it as a coincidence, and I expected you to either agree, or to say something about how close the two quotes are to each other in terms of time. Instead, you called attention to what each quote represents, and how yours is 'incriminating'... Which, to me, reads 'look, I'm not nervous and I'm not always assuring everyone that I'm town'. A very roundabout way of doing so, but in the end, you've still quoted yourself to say that you're more town than Brunneis.

I could have condensed that into a sentence, probably. My posting style is still full of redundancy.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

If you don't think it's indicative of anything but playstyle, why did you feel the need to point out that yours was self-incriminating and Brunneis' was self-clearing? It sounded like you were trying to make a point.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 266, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 251, goodmorning wrote:It occurs to me that ika's kinda playing to his Scum meta atm.

Could you elaborate

Varsoon wrote:Ika's not throwing up any red flags for me yet.
It's been awhile since I've played with Taly, so, again, I'm not confident there.
Sorry, don't really have much to sink my fangs into.

I feel like Ranger's recent post is on-point.
I'd say that we lynch between those three for sure, sure.

Out of curiousity so you agree with the wagon on me

Errant, I'm not a fan of your posts. This would maybe be why?
In post 280, makara wrote:
In post 253, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I disagree with Trivium's arguments against Brunneis, and it makes me pause. It's hard to explain, but Trivium is saying that Brunneis should be trying to advance the game, instead of trying to 'look town'? Usually when scum want to look town, they try to ask questions, share reads, etc. Or, well.. Basically I don't like Trivium's case, and it makes me second-guess myself on Brunneis. Like, accusing then of trying to look town while also saying that they should be doing more to advance the game... There's no other way to look town without doing the latter, is there?

I don't get this. How exactly does Trivium using flawed reasoning to push Brunneis make Brunneis less scummy?

Makara: Trivium's flawed reasoning is their attempt to get onto the Brunneis wagon without being contested for sleeping or naked voting. At least this is how I'm seeing it. So, it follows that if I go with that line of thinking. Brunneis isn't scum...? Unless Trivium is doing a weird bussing strategy that he actually... Outlined a few posts after this exchange.

VOTE: Trivium

I'm more wary of Trivium than Brunneis at this point. Add in my suspicion of goodmorning (who is also against Brunneis) and it adds up to me not wanting to vote them anymore.

Taly's wary posting style is strange, but it can be explained. There's also klingons more recent posts. If town, I'd like to give Klingon a chance.

Also, Ranger, you still on V/LA? I liked your early posts, but I haven't seen much from you recently. I think.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:44 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Actually, I agree. While makara is debatable, I'm not seeing why you're so confident about Vedith-scum. Even if you don't like Fire's townread.
I like Vedith, if that wasn't obvious. Especially their makara callout. Asking questions is easy, and really only warrants a null read until they do something with all their information.

And I'd rather either goodmorning or Trivium, than Brunneis... And I wouldn't call these associatives, the only association I'm making is tentatively giving Brunneis a pass because them as scum clashes with my other scumreads.

I get where you're coming from with Brunneis, but I'm not comfortable with their lynch.

Duppin, I hope you're still around. Are you currently favouring Trivium or Brunneis as scum right now? Also, I dislike telling players to prove their towniness. Honestly, its a great opportunity for scum to scum to follow up with some votes, of even for town to blame mislynched town for looking scummy. I guess you'd call it a minor pet peeve? I swear, every time town mislynches, they blame the now dead player... Not that I'm accusing you of all this, I just don't like the comment.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:46 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

That last paragraph has a bunch of typos from my phone. I was trying to say 'great opportunity for scum to follow up with some votes, or even for town to blame mislynches town for looking scummy.'
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:06 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 319, Errantparabola wrote:Actually you know what? That's a dumb question.
For some reason I thought about confirmation bias being a thing with the association between gm and trivium but I don't think that's where it's at.
I don't think that the association read is particularly strong or anything. Here's another question. Other than GM's inconsistency regarding trivium, what other evidence leads you to make such a strong association read?

Is this question for me, or someone else?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I think Klingon needs to calm down.

Errant: I'm not getting the feeling that you actually care about answers to your questions.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:35 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 362, duppin wrote:@Vedith, Hermit's point is that there is no reason to discuss it since he is confirmed town and I agree.

I like most of Brunneis reads, but not entirely sure what to think of the town read on me. It does feel a bit like buddying, but meh.

I'm guessing you missed my question, which is understandable.

Are you favouring Trivium or Brunneis more for scum right now? Also, do you have any concrete reads based on the current gamestate?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 367, duppin wrote:Sorry Maxwell, I missed it.

I'm not entirely sure yet. The town read on me feels like buddying. Trying to determine whether that is the case or not. I don't know who I would vote for at the moment though.
I do have other reads yes, but you'll have to wait.

Alright, I'll do so.
In post 368, duppin wrote:I just found your post now. About the "telling players to prove their towniness", you are reading too much into it. It was simply me calling her out because I wanted to engage her.

Yeah, by the end of that I figured I was, kinda. The phrase itself just brings bad vibes for me, I guess. I'm glad you responded, though.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 374, goodmorning wrote:
In post 370, Errantparabola wrote:how so, gm?

Well, the big one I'm seeing is Trivium vs Brunneis. Do you not?

I'm subscribing to that, yes. Both of them are scummy, but their interactions suggest it'd be weird for both of them to be scum. Hence, the 'vs.' I've been comparing the two because Brunneis has a wagon and Trivium is also a recognized scumread by some people.

Are you townreading both of them, or are you having a problem with the game being set up in a vs format despite it being D1? Are you wary of the 'one flips town, we lynch the other' idea? Which is a stupid idea, by the way.
In post 375, The Fire Hermit wrote:Yeah, definitely scum between the two.
I got firebringer to cave in and compromise for a Brunneis lynch. That means our vote will not be changing at all, which also means scum or any holdout townies just need to give up and join the wagon.

So, uh... you're not the town leader, but we all have to follow your vote? Fantastic.

I like Varsoon's vote then unvote, if Brunneis is town. It looked to be in response to Brunneis' posts, coupled with a sudden change in plans that I see more often from town than scum, who have at least a bit of a plan in mind.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:12 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 400, goodmorning wrote:
In post 386, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 374, goodmorning wrote:
In post 370, Errantparabola wrote:how so, gm?

Well, the big one I'm seeing is Trivium vs Brunneis. Do you not?

I'm subscribing to that, yes. Both of them are scummy, but their interactions suggest it'd be weird for both of them to be scum. Hence, the 'vs.' I've been comparing the two because Brunneis has a wagon and Trivium is also a recognized scumread by some people.

Are you townreading both of them, or are you having a problem with the game being set up in a vs format despite it being D1? Are you wary of the 'one flips town, we lynch the other' idea? Which is a stupid idea, by the way.

No, I'm scumreading Brunneis and townreading Trivium. I'm just wary of dichotomies, no matter how reasonable they seem to be.

I like Varsoon's vote then unvote, if Brunneis is town. It looked to be in response to Brunneis' posts, coupled with a sudden change in plans that I see more often from town than scum, who have at least a bit of a plan in mind.

idk, I don't think Town usually have plans to change iykwim.

I see. I feel the opposite in terms of reading those two.

And as for the second point, I meant that scum are the ones who have plans, and Varsoon vote and invite didnt look planned.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Those of you advocating Varsoon lynch.. is it because of his stance on errant? What didn't you like about his explanation?

Like, what are the concrete reasons for scumreading Varsoon, again? I know early game it was his joke posts, but that can't carry over to where we are now.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I'm in favour of massclaiming. I wanna move on the assumption Varsoon is town. Yeah, we don't know the setup, but scum don't know the town PRs, and fakeclaiming without having more information would be dangerous. And a mass claim on top of that could easily screw a fakeclaim over. Also, town Varsoon goes with what I've seen from him so far.

PEDIT: Greyfox, I'm pretty sure I said earlier in this game that voting for pressure doesn't work if you... say you're voting for pressure. That's like setting up a reaction test and saying 'I'm testing your reactions'.

Also, I'm on board with errant-scum. So far, all of her questions today have been asking ranger about their suspicion on her, as if that hasn't been talked about enough.

Makara: Explain your ranger scumread, please. You think Ranger is trying to get somewhere by bussing errant, based on your current scumreads?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

'Benefits' being one or both of Brunneis and Makara being scum?

In post 524, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE:
I still think you could be scum, but i would like your current read on brunn.

VOTE: Brunn

Going back to original vote

A portion of my passing over Brunneis had to do with both goodmorning and Trivium's behaviour towards them. Since I know both of them were coming from a town viewpoint, I'm rethinking it, but I'm still not looking at Brunneis' posts themselves and seeing scum motivation. Mostly their posts when they were counting down the minutes until day was over, and telling someone to hammer Triv. I feel dumb for pulling the 'too scummy to be scum' thing but it looks like Brunneis is simply not being careful, which is a leaning town trait.

So I don't really like then call to go after Brunneis, then Makara. I'm more interested in Errant, who I'm waiting on for a reaction to her questioning about Ranger's scumread on her (still looks like questions for the sake of questions), Duppin, for (do you care which wagon you're on?) and also for not really engaging, and Grayfox, who just gives me bad vibes. But Gray did unvote after I called them out on the way they went about it, so it might have just been an ill-considered vote? It wasn't opportunistic, and they weren't just looking for somewhere to vote-park, since as 524 shows they had a Brunneis vote waiting in the wings.

Actually, I don't know why I scumread Grayfox, I guess they're more null?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Yo Brun, still discussing your death over here. Thoughts on the events of today? Like, Varsoon's claim, a massclaim, the votes on you, the votes off you?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:19 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 536, Brunneis wrote:

In post 474, Ranger wrote:
The Fire Hermit wrote:Scum team is Brunneis, Makara, and Varsoon. Bet firebringers life on it.
Varsoon is 100% town, I'm afraid, so you are wrong there, but you can be right about the other two. (Honestly, I actually hope you are. It'd make my job much easier.)

GrayFox wrote:I haven't caught all the way up yet, so could you explain this to me?
Sure. Absolutely nothing has changed since which was a post where I said nothing had changed. Errant remains the best lynch.

I'll admit I don't know who the other scum are (you're a possibility, I'm considering makara, I do have my eye on Brunneis, but otherwise I don't), but Errant remains every bit the scum she was yesterday.

It's been 500+ posts and you still believe Errant is the best lynch?

I'm sorry, but I keep looking at your ISO and not seeing a consistent amount of reasoning against Errant to suggest tunneling.... Which I've yet to see town do.

So could you please explain this bit by bit to me? Why is Errant still the best lynch even after the flips from others we saw previously?

'Even after the flips from others we saw previously'... what does that mean? Who are you suggesting is scummier, exactly? Varsoon?

In post 190, Ranger wrote:Brunneis: you asked for reasoning, but it will have to wait. I'm a bit tired today, sorry.

I'm waiting.

Er... you do realize you've quoted post 190 here? It's been a little bit since then. Ranger explained their reasoning for scumreading Errant later.

In post 471, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 467, Ranger wrote:Nothing has changed this:
VOTE: Errantparabola.

I haven't caught all the way up yet, so could you explain this to me?

Nothing has changed with his reasoning, that's the point.

I thought you said there wasn't any reasoning?

This whole post feels like a weird indirect defense of Errant. Are you townreading her for some reason? Or are you scumreading ranger? Can you vote someone besides the claimed doctor?

VOTE: Brunneis

When I'm faced with a decision, I usually go with my gut instead of my head. But I'm learning my gut isn't very good at mafia.

PEDIT: Fire, about Brunneis not reading the setup: It's not scummy by itself, but it's certainly anti-town, and you'd think klingon, who has a boatload of games, would read the open setup. Anyways, this comes to how I feel about Brunneis: don't really like their posts, don't agree with most of their points, but I think scum would exercise at least a little caution, especially when accusing a claimed doctor. I don't want to just give them a pass for that, though. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Which brings me to your other question:

About my meta. I've never really put my play into words before, so I'm not sure how to describe things? I'm aware that I tend to townread mislynchable players, and I'm more suspicious of players who lead discussions. And because of that, I can also overcompensate and go too far in the other direction. Hence my problem with Brunneis. As for my town vs. scum play... I don't really know how they're different? I think someone else would have to tell me that, I'm sure there are differences but they're probably unconscious. If players townread me, I think it's because they like my playing style, and because I try not to push buttons as either alignment. I do know as scum I tend to sit back more if things are going well. If I don't need to post and I'm active enough, I won't, because I'm afraid of saying something that would hurt my standing.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:10 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 543, Brunneis wrote:

In post 542, MaxwellPuckett wrote:'Even after the flips from others we saw previously'... what does that mean? Who are you suggesting is scummier, exactly? Varsoon?

Well, Trivium, GM, and Vedith all flipped town..... I don't know how that leads to Errant being the days best lynch from what Ranger is saying. It makes me suspicious that he's just bussing his partner because I've never seen tunneling go down well for town in a game.

And people I think are scummier? Right now? Probably both Ranger and Errant, and maybe Gray... but I'm beginning to get a town feel from Gray, he seems genuine like town.

Okay, see this is what I don't understand. From the sounds of this, Errant is your second-best scumread... after Ranger himself. (I'm not including Varsoon here for a reason) so... why is it weird that he'd be Ranger's top lynch target?

I'm guessing it's the tunneling that bothers you, and not the Errant read?

In post 542, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Er... you do realize you've quoted post 190 here? It's been a little bit since then. Ranger explained their reasoning for scumreading Errant later.

I was referring to how Ranger was scumreading me.... Since he never followed up on my question when he casted his suspicions.

Plus, I would also like him to explain Errant a bit more.

Oh, I see. Sorry that I took that post out of context, then.

In post 542, MaxwellPuckett wrote:This whole post feels like a weird indirect defense of Errant. Are you townreading her for some reason? Or are you scumreading ranger? Can you vote someone besides the claimed doctor?

I just stated my idea on Errant/Ranger both being scum.

And my vote will probably change very soon, I just want Ranger's response, and want Klingon to be on - we post different times of day.

I didn't really get that until you just stated it now. And you CAN change your vote without klingon's permission. It's not difficult to change later. Do you guys have some kind of agreement where you're not allowed to do that?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also, to EVERYONE voting me, or CONSIDERING to vote for me I have a question:

Who are my scum partners?

Errant and duppin come to mind.

PEDIT: Varsoon, I get that you're annoyed, but please keep posting.

I agree though, massclaim is our best option. I'm not seeing a reason to think that Varsoon is scum, this setup (open setups in general) make fakeclaiming dangerous, and asking for a mass claim on top of that would be over the top.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:14 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I'd suggest we do a methodical mass claim lead by the IC, but considering activity in this game it would reeaallyyy drag things out, and I think damage the atmosphere further.

I'm a VT.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Ranger: No, people just default to male unless the name is very clearly feminine, don't think it has anything to do with your tone. I get the same thing. You can see my pronoun under my name is 'they', but because of the name Maxwell, people assume 'he'. I often forget people's pronouns myself unless I know the player, so I usually default to 'they' if I can't remember.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 558, Errantparabola wrote:LA until Sunday. I'll try to post as much as I can.

You weren't LA before this?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:43 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Can we prod duppin?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 580, duppin wrote:That's fine Quaroath, it's all up to you, my point was just that you only prodded me once.

Anyway, Maxwell you asked me about post #442 (about whether I cared which wagon I was on), and no it didn't really matter that much. I found both of them fairly scummy, but I chose to vote for Trivium.

Kling you've ignored me questioning your town read on me, so I'd like you to explain why exactly you thought my day 1 was my town play? It still feels a bit off to me. I'd really like a response. I honestly find it a bit difficult to read you since you are a hydra and I haven't played with Taly before, so that's why I'm calling Kling out.

Do you still find Brunneis scummy? And I'm gonna tell you now that a response of 'I'm gonna wait for them to answer my question' isn't gonna cut it.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 591, Ranger wrote:
Brunneis wrote:
Can you be less vague, please?
Can I? Yes. Do I have reason to be? No.

Are you insinuating that Varsoon jumped off my wagon just so you could jump on?
No, I'm saying that with Varsoon off, I could get on.

And I'm pretty unconvinced about you saying you'd unvote if I were pushed to L-1 now...
I'm not logging off. Try self-voting. Instant I see it, I unvote.
[/quote]
No, I think you DO have a reason to be less vague, Ranger. And: I don't like this 'I'll prove I won't vote you at L-1." Who are you trying to prove this to, exactly? Brunneis is the one accusing you, yet you're saying you'll prove it to them. Why do you feel the need to prove yourself to scum? (You're very confident about them being scum)

I don't like your recent exchanges with Brunneis. I feel like you're trying to prove you're not dismissing them by interacting, but all I'm seeing is a weird conversation between you two that is just a series of 'no, you're interpreting this thing wrong' from both sides.

UNVOTE:

Who still needs to claim? Let's finish this up.

Oh, and Duppin: Whether or not you found Brunneis scummy was not obvious, which is why I had to ask.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Okay: Makara needs to be replaced too.

Ika, one of your heads need to full-claim properly.

Ranger and Brunneis' line-by-line responses are killing me. In the bad way, not the funny way, they're a struggle to read through. Like, I did, but I didn't enjoy it. At this point you're just repeating things to each other.

I should go through all the claims again because I've forgotten who the missing person is... I'll do it later.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Oh, I see, thanks. Take it back then.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Checking in.

Hey there, Persival, welcome to the game and all that.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:27 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Massclaiming makes sense considering what we know about this setup. Also, your slot is one of two that haven't claimed.
And there hasn't been a vig claim.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 659, Persivul wrote:OK, per doc there's a roleblocker, so we have at most 4 Ts, i.e. at least 3 letters.

Letters claimed:
1x cop = C
doc = D
IC = M

Without ika included it's TTTTCDM, which doesn't work because it doesn't explain the second NK. Adding in ika:

If ika is C:
TTTCCDM means cop rather than a 1-shot cop, which has flipped. This doesn't work.

If ika is D:
TTTCDDM means ika is 1-shot doc, and there's an SK which explains the second NK. This works.

If ika is V:
TTTCDMV makes ika a 1-shot vig plus an SK. This works if ika didn't shoot.

If ika is M:
TTTCDMM means a pair of masons rather than an IC. This doesn't work.

If ika is B:
TTTCDMB means ika is a RB, and the SK explains the NK. This works.

(This blows the at least 4T assumption as that's based on a scum RB assumption, but why would town RB block doc? Omit this since it's very improbable.)

So, there's a SK, and ika is 1-shot doc, 1-shot vig who didn't shoot, or town RB.

Apologies if this was already worked out.

I believe Ranger's supposed slip was saying there were 4 scum. Using scum loosely to include SK, then yes, he's right. If I worked it out right, there has to be 3 scum and an SK.

OTOH I could be missing something. Let me know if I screwed up somewhere.

What you say: Ika is a 1-shot doc, 1-shot vig who didn't shoot, or town RB.
A few posts later, you vote ika. If you think he's scum (scum to mean either mafia or SK), why the hell isn't that included in your setup calculations?

We should wagon Persival instead of Brunneis imo
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:51 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I saw that you like to throw votes at ika, I assumed that itself was a joke and that you wouldn't do so right this second. But yeah, make a judgement on the entire game based on my one post, do that.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:50 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 683, Ika Musume wrote:
Maxwell, I think some of your recent posts have looked kinda town, but I strongly dislike your D1 play, namely the way you were perpetuating the Trivium/Brunneis shitfight that was going on. did you not have any other major scum reads? if I missed one, link please.

I'm on my phone right now, but if you ISO me and ctrl-f 'Errant' you should be able to see how I feel about her. I can grab links later though if you need them.
Errant was kind of a low-key scumread for most of the game. I've never really liked her posting when she's been around, but my interest in her was overshadowed by Trivium and Brunneis. I thought both of them were more worth looking at, especially since other people seemed to be seeing what I was seeing.
It was probably also what someone said earlier... Errant wasn't posting as much so there was less material.
In post 694, Varsoon wrote:Oh, well, yes.
We should be lynching out of our VTs.
I'd be cool with a GrayFox lynch.
Otherwise, I'd toss up between Errant, Makara, and Maxwell.
In fact, I actually think this is Maxwell's scum-game, but I'm not a great authority there.
Hum-ho.

Varsoon is one of the few players in this game who knows my meta at all, I think. Well, ika too. Though only my scum games, as I don't have a lot of town games and the ones that I do haven't gone very well for me.
In post 698, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, that and him falling away from having game presence once things really got rolling in town's favor.
I do agree that it's worth looking over ISOs and giving these players a chance to get into the game.

Did you mean to type 'in scum's favour'? But also, I don't think I've been falling away? I've been posting whenever I have time and I'm pretty happy that I've kept my activity up, which is often a problem for me, as you know. Like I said earlier you've really only seen my scum game.
In post 700, Ranger wrote:
MaxwellPuckett wrote:We should wagon Persival instead of Brunneis imo
I actually agree.
VOTE: Persivul.

I'm kind of embarrassed about my mistake yesterday, since apparently it was obvious to everyone except me that Persivul was not being serious. The fact that you just quoted my 'we should wagon Pers' line instead of the thing that made me come to that conclusion makes me wonder about what you thought. Did you disagree with my point but just like the fact that I scumread Pers? Do you agree that his vote at least was out of place?

Gonna wait for some replies to this, but I already know I'm not voting Brunneis.

PEDIT, duppin: Persivul's essentially said he's just sheeping, his vote was based entirely on votes and scumreads of dead or conftown players. I'm not defending that, I don't really agree with the practice (or the read, but that's another matter), but you're restating the obvious here. The sentiment against Pers I understand, though.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Mod: I'll have to declare LA through Saturday and Monday.

VOTE: Ranger
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Picking up my prod. Thought I made an LA post, but I could see how those are easily missable. I'll pm next time.

Anyways, like I said earlier I'm back later today so I'll be able to go back to normal posting then.

From skimming this pages posts I'm seeing a Grayfox wagon. While better than a Brunneis one I'm not sure if I'm feeling it. Ranger or Errant would be better imo but I haven't properly read up yet. See you all tonight
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 949, Ranger wrote:
is another potential scum post from MaxwellPuckett. They notes suspicion on Errant, but doesn't pursue it. (Do I do singular verbs or plural verbs for They as a pronoun?) They lists instead Trivium and goodmorning, with a minor bit still at Brunneis, hopping wagons from the Brunneis wagon which was slightly stalled onto the Trivium wagon that was forming. (Hmm. HMMM.)

In hindsight, by Errant is pinging me a bit, too.

MaxwellPuckett wrote:And I'd rather either goodmorning or Trivium, than Brunneis
Yet Errant, who Maxwell wasn't liking the posts of, is absent...

If I had to guess a scumteam, on page 13, it'd be {Errant, makara/Persivul, MaxwellPuckett}.

It's late but this is about my own thought processes so it's p easy to answer, I guess.

I think I bothered to answer this now instead of waiting until morning because I wanted to say 1) thanks for remembering to use 'they'
2) Use 'they list' or 'they note'. Regardless of how many people the 'they' pronoun is referring to, that's just how you pair 'they' with verbs. (and if someone disagrees, please I'd really rather not hear it, if you have problems with what I've just said then my counter to them is, this is how I want to be referred to, thank you)

Anyways, you've misunderstood. I said 'And I'd rather either goodmorning or Trivium, than Brunneis', I didn't mean that my top scumreads were goodmorning, Trivium, followed by Brunneis. I meant that I wanted those two over Brunneis, the leading wagon at the time I think. (if not the leading wagon at the time, there were talks, I don't remember exactly what point this post was made at)
If I'd said 'then Brunneis', then your interpretation would be correct. The word 'than' (not then) is used as a comparison here.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I'm around, I've read the page this is on, I'm in no shape to be posting. See you all tomorrow.

PEDIT: Pffft

Return to “Completed Open Games”