Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:50 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Hey guys! This is my first game out of Rome.

VOTE: Killthestory

Only mafia can kill, ergo, scum!

Also considering doing a RQS, I'll get back to everyone on that.

I will say though that I'm personally not a fan of people who don't like to vote at all, but at the moment that's NAI to me.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:13 am

In post 37, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I will say though that I'm personally not a fan of people who don't like to vote at all, but at the moment that's NAI to me.
Completely misread what was going on because in the rush of replacing in, don't really ask how. I swear that I typically read things more carefully :)

I know some players are really adamant about hating RQS's, so if you're one of those you don't have to answer mine. I would like anyone answering this to put it behind a spoiler because I'd rather not be responsible for filling up this game's pages with what others may consider to be fluff.

Spoiler: RQS
  • 1. Do you get your reads typically from gut or evidence?

2. How would you describe your level of experience?

3. When trying to get a better read on a specific player, do prefer you reread the entire thread or just their ISO?

4. What's your Myers-briggs personality type? Here's a link to a test for it if you don't know yours, but you can skip this one if you don't feel like wasting time.

I ask this because a lot of my scumhunting comes from putting myself into other player's shoes and using that to figure out their motives, so knowing how someone thinks is useful for that. I don't really know how successful this'll be but it's worth a shot!

5. What's your opinion on Lynch All Liars? Lynch All Lurkers? Policy lynches in general?

6. Do you think it's a good idea to utilize all of the time allotted by a deadline?

7. Are you scum?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:42 am

In post 45, Luna Fox wrote:Counterquestion to 7. Do you think scum would say Yes?
Spoiler: RVS talk (not actual answers to my own)
Of course not, it's a joke question. Although I could imagine some people forcing out weird joke answers to it and I would be pretty suspicious of that. It's not so much a "yes" or "no" question but it's how it's answered I'm more interested in.

Also, thanks for taking the time to actually answer 4 ;S. So an ENFJ, makes sense you're more of a gut-person. I'll answer my own RQS after a few more answers.

I'm kind of getting towny vibes (more from KTS actually, but that just might be his personality) from both of your answers but I really don't think I'm skilled enough to make actually good tonal reads from people.

UNVOTE: KTS

It would be awkward to keep my vote on someone I am gut-townreading though. About to read Karnos's answers.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:50 am

In post 46, karnos wrote:I didn't read my role yet, did you? Just kidding! (please don't ban me)

No.
Answers like this, for example, seem a little forced to me. There's a difference between a joke someone makes when they're nervous (and thus scum or at least scummy) or just trying to have fun. The "Just kidding" and giving an actual answer after the joke makes it seem more like the former to me, it's pretty forced.

VOTE: Karnos

Since I like having a vote down during RVS anyway.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:29 am

In post 55, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Transcend
Vote: Karnos

Intentionally not answering the RQS.
You're better at reading my own RQS than I am it seems :/

Do you mind elaborating a bit more? There are some other things I wanted to look into in Karnos's answers later but I thought it might be better to wait until more people answer so it doesn't bias answers if I point it out.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:44 am

In post 59, Luna Fox wrote:Io maybe town.
I tend to townread people who are sarcastic or just have a very "idgaf" attitude, at least in the earlier stages of the game. Town, in my experience from face-to-face games, tend to (and should) care less about how they look to other people.

I promise that I will answer my own RQS as soon as Thor answers #56.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:45 am

responding to 59 was to indicate that I agree with you

So, Thor, the vote on Karnos was just RVS?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:57 am

Not really sure about that philosophy, town absolutely can scumread other town. Assuming both of us are town, there's 7 town players and 2 scum players, so that's a 7/9 chance I'm voting for a town member.

But this game shouldn't be left to probability. I believe in voting anything that rubs me the wrong way early in the game, and there is something else that bothered me about Karnos's responses that I will discuss after I feel I have enough responses to go off of. I will say that if anyone cannot think for themselves, though, sheeping me with a vote on Karnos is a good place to start here.

By the way, I do deliver what I promise so I'm going to start writing up my own responses.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 am

In post 70, karnos wrote:Obviously I have to be curious about that, but more importantly: how do you feel about people who flat out refuse to answer your questions?
It's null, some people think that RQS is just fluff (or even scummy, I've seen in some games :/) and thus ignore it. They're entitled to their own opinions and I'm not going to turn this game into a crusade to force people to answer my questions. On the other hand, after RQS/RVS, I will be jumping on people's throats to answer my questions :twisted: !

Spoiler: RQS
  • 1. I'm a gut person. Usually, if I feel the need to validate my gut I will look back for evidence, but it always comes back to gut.

2. Complete newbie to forum mafia, but my friends play a lot of face-to-face games and I was briefly part of a chatroom with a mafia channel.

3. ISOs, one big reason being because I like to see how organically people change their opinions throughout the game.

4. I'm an INFP!

5. Nope!

Ah, OK. That makes sense, but it just didn't come to me naturally that way.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 am

oh i skipped questions, i added them in a bit late and i got this RQS out of a word doc on my computer
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:10 am

[spoilers=This is embarrassing...]
1. Do you get your reads typically from gut or evidence?
I'm a gut person. Usually, if I feel the need to validate my gut I will look back for evidence, but it always comes back to gut.

2. How would you describe your level of experience?
Complete newbie to forum mafia, but my friends play a lot of face-to-face games and I was briefly part of a chatroom with a mafia channel.

3. When trying to get a better read on a specific player, do prefer you reread the entire thread or just their ISO?
ISOs, one big reason being because I like to see how organically people change their opinions throughout the game.

4. What's your Myers-briggs personality type? Here's a link to a test for it if you don't know yours, but you can skip this one if you don't feel like wasting time.
I'm an INFP!

5. What's your opinion on Lynch All Liars? Lynch All Lurkers? Policy lynches in general?
Lynch All Liars is a bad policy, I've seen some interesting gambits that require fakeclaims to be made. It's important to understand the motivation behind a lie. As for Lynch All Lurkers, I dislike it because in my chatroom experience, lynching lurkers was generally pushed by scum trying to look pro-town. I'm not sure if that's common in MS but I am heavily influenced by my past, so I'm weary of it. I'm not a fan of policy lynches in general.

6. Do you think it's a good idea to utilize all of the time allotted by a deadline?
Absolutely not. Taking time only worsens apathy, and thus people's interest in the game and town's ability to scumhunt. The best lynches are made quickly but efficiently.

7. Are you scum?
Nope!
[/spoilers]
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:11 am

@Mod, I messed up my spoiler tag for some reason. Mind fixing it?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 am

Sorry for triple posting without anything too useful to say, but I'm glad that question 4 was what made you answer because that's actually why I wanted to try RQS.

And Karnos, I said I would answer once Thor clarified his vote on you.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:02 am

In post 76, karnos wrote:Unless you think Thor & I are the sort of players who would bus each other day 1.
Io, is this and post #70 what lead you to believe that Karnos is adamant about Thor's lynch? If not, could you tell me what I missed?

Karnos, how are you reading Thor at the moment?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:16 am

In post 140, karnos wrote:If players know the questionnaire will be used to call them scum
Karnos
, is this what you believe the purpose of the RQS was?

Thor
, after rereading the thread, there are more questions I have about your vote. Your vote wasn't naked, but the reasoning you gave it contradicted my own. Karnos
did
answer the RQS, I wouldn't be voting him if he didn't. But I voted him because one of his answers made me feel like I should try poking at him to get a better read on him. Like you said, it's incredibly tryhard, but like I said before it's better than voting for someone I'm gut-townreading.

To get to the point, why was the reasoning for your vote, "Intentionally not answering the RQS," and not "I agree with her, that joke seemed forced," or something to that effect? By giving a different reason to vote, it seems as though you have something else to bring to the Karnos wagon that pertains to his RQS answers.

For everyone, this is more of a theory question about semi-nightless in general: Since there are more mislynches available to us than normal (we get 4 before LYLO rather than 3), does this give townies more, less, or the same amount of an incentive to be defensive in your opinion?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:26 am

In post 151, Luna Fox wrote:Tbh i think you guys are underestimating scum mindsets and overestimating town mindsets, and that is fine, i see that all the time. But when someone does something stupid, it's most likely town ^^
How's your PoE going?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:44 am

In post 156, Thor665 wrote:I did not do what you think I did - my "intentionally not answering RQS" comment was self-referential.
I was saying that I wasn't answering the RQS - I said this so that you would know I wasn't doing so on purpose, so you wouldn't need to waste time asking me if I missed the questions or something.
Well, that clears a lot up. Sorry about that!

Thor, how are you reading Io at the moment?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:24 am

tbh it's easier being long-winded

being concise is a skill
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Karnos, sorry for being jumpy and impatient but can you weigh in on Thanks. :D
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:01 pm

In post 186, karnos wrote:What you or I think about the purpose is irrelevant, since you have already shown that you will use it as an excuse to push a lynch.
It's not, but OK.
karnos wrote: Given that knowledge, and knowing that ignoring the RQS has no ill potential, it just sounds like fake scum hunting, busywork essentially. It's like when someone enters thread, asks a few pointed questions, and then never follows up with them.
But you answered the question anyway. I'll explain why it's absolutely relevant.

My RQS was intended to get a better feel of the players I'm up against – I want to know how they think and approach the game. From what you answered, I felt that poking you for a reaction might be a good place to start in strengthening my reads.

is a very weak vote. Like Thor said, it's tryhard and I even called it an RVS vote. Is this the type of vote you see when someone is pushing a serious lynch on someone? Yes, I agree that you shouldn't call a vote a "pressure vote" or weaken its effect, but I made the vote with a hilariously low amount of information. You hadn't even made any AI posts (besides the RQS) at the time, do you really think I would be advocating for your lynch because you phrased a joke awkwardly? My previous post, , hurt my own credibility, too! I said I wasn't good at tonal readings, why would I say that if my RQS's purpose was to push lynches with?

The fact you're concerned about how you think I'm using the RQS to push your lynch and how you've been trying to draw negative attention onto Thor () tells me your main concern is in how other people are reading you. That's pretty basic scum motivation. You say you're scumreading Thor and Io, but your interactions with them don't seem like scumhutning to me, it's just redrawing attention onto them.

Also, the lack of powerroles in this setup gives very little reason for a town-aligned player to be concerned about how others are reading them. I asked that other question in #150 because I was still deciding if the way you are reacting is town-indicative like other players have suggested or if I should continue poking at it. I think you're blowing your wagon out of proportion and that that's coming from a scum mindset.

So, in a nutshell, the way you're reacting to your wagon doesn't look that good to me.

I also really dislike that shade you threw at me in the end of the post I'm responding to, just because I ask some questions and don't poke around at the answers doesn't mean they're bad, I'm just trying to get a better feel for what the gamestate is from other people's perspective.

Karnos, what is your read on me? You mentioned you had one and I'm curious.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:37 pm

karnos wrote:
In post 155, Io wrote:. A defense from him wouldn't have even been that hard to make as all he would have needed to do was to explain how I was interrupting his intentions wrong.

FYI, your accusations are based on lies, or "false interpretations" if you prefer.

It's like answering the age-old question "Have you stopped abusing your kids yet?" There is no correct answer.
I'm not basing the fact that I think you've been discrediting Thor on what Io said, so I suppose that I have the same ""false interpretations"".

As written, the post was written in such a way where it could have only been referring to Thor. Inactive people can't refuse to answer questions, and I said that I was going to answer once Thor cleared up his vote. If you were paying attention to the thread, then your question is essentially a vague way of asking "What do you make of Thor's refusal to answer your RQS?" It was a perfectly valid question, which is why I answered it, but the way it was written gave it a less honest-seeming motive.

You saying that in another game with an RQS, one scum member was found because they were like Thor in not answering the RQS also does not help your case, also really seems like you want me to scumread Thor when I don't think I have the information I want to make a meaningful read on him.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:41 pm

also i don't see why you couldn't answer my question with a simple "town" or "scum" or even "null", it's not like i'll know why you read me that way and I'll change whatever it is you suspect me for.

I don't even understand why anyone – town or scum – would want to change their playstyle and way of posting mid-game. It'd be obvious if they changed their playstyle and look scummy.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:05 pm

I answered it as a general question, so of course it's a valid interpretation, but I can't help but think after reading that you were trying to cast some sort of suspicion onto Thor (and myself, as it seems you keep bringing up the fact I was withholding my answers for a little bit). I didn't really read it the way Io was and I was , but after seeing more posts from you, I ended up coming to the same conclusion as her after rereading your ISO and the thread.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:39 am

In post 231, karnos wrote:If you think I'm scum, why not just hammer me, why you going for a new wagon instead? Or at least, why not show intent to hammer?
you're at L-2 karnos :/

no one's hammering yet because i will fight the shit out of them if they try

Trying to throw suspicion at Thor was an attempt at diverting my attention away from you. I put my low-information vote onto you because I felt that starting with you would generate helpful reactions, which it clearly is. Scum!Karnos wants to discredit the wagon forming around him before it has a chance to form so that he doesn't have to get involved in a town-lynching wagon (i.e., voting Thor or me). By asking the question you posed in #70, you innocently can figure out why I'm not scumreading Thor while implying that I should be doing so.

The logic behind bringing up 141 is that, after a reread, I realized that your intention in asking #70 was "Why are you scumreading me and not Thor?" As I see it, Io just caught onto this train of thought before I did, which is true.

Also, scum!Karnos has every incentive to vote for Io and not Thor. Io is a vanity wagon. At the moment, there's no way Io will get lynched and thus flip town. That way, it can't make you look suspicious for leading a wagon against a townie. Voting for Thor, however, has the risk of actually going through and putting suspicion around you.

Pretty much your scum motivation is summed up by the fact that you are focused on how people are scumreading you. The fact that you think my RQS was designed to get people lynched, the fact that the votes placed on you are absolutely pathetic ones (except Io's), and how you're flailing against Thor is just really weird when put into a town-mindset. If it makes you feel better, I think the arguments you're making really sound like they're coming from an ISTJ lmao . Whether you're frustrated you were "caught for the wrong reasons" or you just
really
hate being scumread is tbd :D

and @kts i am sorry
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:18 am

In post 295, Luna Fox wrote:I think that everyone hates being scumread, why even bring that up?
It's the only possible town motivation I can see for Karnos acting the way he is at like L-3 (he's at L-2 now but the point is there wasn't too much pressure on him)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:29 am

I'm really feeling that PC and Karnos are different alignments. Would a scum!PC put his own partner at L-2 and paint it as an RVS vote? It's such a weird interaction regardless of PC's alignment.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:05 am

I never scumread KTS, I gave him a weak gut-townread. imo he hasn't really done anything to weaken or strengthen it
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:13 am

In post 337, Transcend wrote: nothing is towny about his response to giga's RQS
The opposite is true, out of the first three answers to the RQS I felt kts's was the towniest. I don't feel too strongly about town!kts but I don't think he's scum either :/
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:12 am

I really think I need more Phantom interactions in this game before I decide how I want to read him. To me, he's playing like bad town rather than scum. I suppose placing an RVS vote after RVS could be scum-motivated, but it seems like a stretch to me.

As for Thor, I'm still having a little trouble what to make of him... Gut wants to say town but something feels off that I can't put my finger on. Kcda, do you think you can explain your thought process about your Thor read (initially, you scumread him but now you townread him)? I presume you have some meta on Thor that can better explain your reads, too?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:16 am

In post 415, karnos wrote:Io instigated the whole Thor vs Karnos argument, and then backed off satisfied when I got a few votes on my wagon.
Io was the
last
vote on your wagon that actually mattered, and Thor and I were voting for you before Io even said anything... She can't "back off satisfied when [you] got a few votes on [your] wagon" because there were no votes to get on your wagon...

If you're town, I think you're overanalyzing Io's actions
way
too much. But I really think that because of how you're overestimating the amount of pressure on you and how concerned you are about the way you look, you're thinking in a scum-mindset. I'd agree with Luna in that this needs to stop, but I don't think it's a TvT+T(+T? i'm here kinda).

Anyway, crazy game we're having here, huh Rosske :)? What do you think of Karnos? Post tells me you might have some feelings worth telling us.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:23 am

By the "last vote" that mattered I mean the last vote with any real motivation behind it. I believe Phantom when he said it was an RVS vote. Whether that's scum or town, I don't know, but it wasn't given with much thought. Your wagon only consists of me, Thor, and Io. If you're going to say that Io instigated a TvT to get more votes on your wagon and backed off when they came, where are those votes?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:29 am

Rosske I don't see what you're trying to say.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (isolation #32) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 am

oh, yes
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (isolation #33) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:42 am

#399, sorry~!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:43 pm

wait rosske i wasn't asking that

I meant something more to the effect of, "what's your read on karnos?"
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 am

io, it's kar-nos

get it right before he keeps using it to discredit his wagon ,':/ (half-joking here, karänos)

Anyway, I'm not really seeing Karnos/KTS as a scumteam yet, Io. I think later today I'm going to go back and take a look at all of the people voting for/FOS'ing Phantom because he seems like
such
an easy (mis)lynch that I think scum could be on him.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:12 am

i'm going to fact check this when i get time but i'm pretty sure lynchbait isn't widely townread by all but three people
(as in fact check if karækns is widely townread)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #37) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:30 am

Oh, hm... Karnos is not as widely townread as I thought. I forgot that Kcda scumreads Karnos (get on our wagon man....), and I get why Tenshii isn't willing to vote him. So the town is almost split 50/50 on Karnos, interesting. I can write a list of how everyone reads him if anyone cares.

I still don't think he's lynchbait but maybe that's because I scumread him :S
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Why is Rosske more town than before?

and rosske you don't have to answer my question, your vote pretty much answers it for me
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Haven't a lot of people been lurking, though? We have a lot of apathy and I'm not sure how to fight it. I dislike PC's lack of activity too but it feels NAI.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:28 am

In post 482, Killthestory wrote:I chose all the players I personally like as town, or players that aren't yet being accused as scum by anyone. So @Townbloc, Who's your biggest scumread, and who's your biggest townread. Which wagons would you agree to vote on, and which wagons wouldn't you agree with?
Biggest townread: Transcend and Tenshii are p much tied.

Biggest scumread: Karnos (sorry not sorry :/)

Wagons I'd also support: At the moment, just Rosske. If Karnos were dayvigged like right now and flipped town I'd be slightly more willing to look into PC but I'm really not sold on him being scum.

Wagons I would not support: Besides that of my strong townreads, I haven't really been outspoken about it but I hate your wagon because I think you're town. I don't really like the Thor and Io wagons either, but they at least make a little bit more sense than the KTS wagon, even if I think they're wrong.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:28 am

In post 497, Luna Fox wrote:whether she's using that to read me or not idk yet tho.
It's more useful D2 imo or at least when there's enough content to walk through someone's thought process. I'd talk more about why I wanted to try this out but it would involve discussing ongoing games.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 am

hey phantomcobalt if you see this you should really say something because the more i see you post in other games the less inclined i am to defend you
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:52 am

PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 502, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:hey phantomcobalt if you see this you should really say something because the more i see you post in other games the less inclined i am to defend you
its site policy to not talk about ongoing games, so please respect that policy
In post 487, Luna Fox wrote:He's literally been posting elsewhere on the site and avoiding this tread.
-______________-

also it doesn't break said site policy if you don't say anything specific about the game, this is even one of the examples mentioned in the post that states that rule

but yeah it looks kind of bad for you if you're intentionally avoiding the thread when there is suspicion around you :/
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Feeling uneasy about my Phantom townread once again. Anyone got meta on him? The thing is that most of it hinges on "too dumb to be scum" and the fact I feel that I can't scumread him and Karnos at the same time. I still think he's an easy mislynch but I really want to know where everyone is coming from.

Also, kcda, come back..................
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:37 pm

oooh wait phantom was the tracker in newbie 1693, and thor was scum there

I'm going to say that Newbie 1693 is now mandatory reading for everyone, myself included :P.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:02 pm

wow 1693 was a worse game than i remember

Anyway Phantom is town.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 pm

i thought the :p emoticon showed that it wasn't serious......

i do recommend it if you want to know why i'm back to defending phantom, but it's not important.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:19 pm

In post 405, Transcend wrote:{karnos, Tenshii}
{Kcda, Giga}
{Io}
{KTS, Luna}
{
PC
}
{Thor, Rosske}
Mind telling me if I missed when you started townreading him?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:20 pm

oh oops i missed 436
it's 4 am what do u want from me :K
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #50) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:19 pm

since phantom answered it late, don't waste your time with the rqs, smith. it's not super important any more (there are wagons to discuss!!), but that's not to say i made it to waste people's time or that i didn't find it helpful, because i actually did.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (isolation #51) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:22 am

In post 555, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:because i actually did
find it helpful. i did find it helpful.

i just reread that post and it sounds like i was admitting to wasting everyone's time ,':K
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:43 am

In post 558, mhsmith0 wrote:@all: current thoughts on Luna? For the #1 volume poster she sure seems to be saying not very much interesting/helpful.
Kind of a null read (just below KTS and Phantom for me), her PoE playstyle is fakeable as scum but believable and consistent with her meta. I think she's better as a person of interest after a flip unless there's something I'm missing here.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #53) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:50 am

In post 561, mhsmith0 wrote:so do you mean that simply the approach of using PoE is consistent, or is there a deeper consistency you're seeing?
I haven't done a true meta read of her but she's at, the very least,
used
it before, so no there's nothing really deep there.

It's just that if I scumread her with my perspective of the gamestate, I feel like I'm scumreading the playstyle and not the motivations. I want to see how she adapts when she's wrong because I think regardless of alignment she's not going to nail both scum because that will help me understand her better.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:54 am

i'm currently comparing isos between this game and a game that i just learned was completed that luna was in and i will get back to you with thoughts
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:06 am

I was thinking of Summer Waltz since I /inned for it but /outted because I decided to replace into this game.

I really don't know what to make of this actually, which is exactly why Luna is sticking in null for me. I like her activity more in the linked game but I'm worried it's just confbias? I might need a few days to mull this over actually, I might be able to make sense of it after my plate is a bit clearer.

My opinion hasn't really changed, I don't think I have the information I want to gauge Luna's motivations.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:09 am

Tenshii, are you still scumreading Phantom? Walk me through your case if you are. I get the "well either we lose a VI or we get scum" but I'm really not seeing scum here.

Phantom, walk me through your scumread of Luna and me. Do you think we're scum together?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:15 am

Tenshii, I hope you don't mind me saying I'll respond to this when I'm not phone posting? Your response deserves some evidence, even if it's meta stuff. I can ask questions and I just wanted to get it out there before I forgot.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:05 pm

In post 602, Thor665 wrote:What is the theory scum strategy in doing that - is his hope people don't notice? (too late) Don't question? (unlikely) Or accidentally derp hammer? (again, unlikely).
whelp looks like there's no need to put together a case, thor beat me to the punch

this and the fact that in the game i referenced, Phantom lurked h a r d there too (and he was a powerrole lynched D1 :/) just really makes me think that this is not a lynch worth pursuing.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:48 pm

In post 610, Thor665 wrote:vague framework of scum motivation to attach to it.
which is why it's an actually worthwhile lynch and i don't get why half of the town is reading karnos as town for no reason?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (isolation #60) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:53 pm

I mean, I suppose. But Karnos is not even making an effort to scumhunt outside of his wagon, nor does the fact he seemed legitimately concerned about the fact I'm scumreading him over Thor because of the RQS (initially) make him seem like he's thinking from a town-mindset (paranoia about appearance is pretty much something only scum really should feel in this set-up? especially after the small amount of pressure on him, it's just blown out of proportion).

What are your thoughts on the karnos wagon? Your predecessor expressed interest in it.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #61) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:10 pm

If this really is a red flip, I think it's
plausible
to say that Luna is bussing but I don't think it's very likely. Just gut.

I don't think I can say the same for Thor, Io, or you.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:07 am

In post 356, Killthestory wrote:id lolhammer him because it'd be a nice meme
THIS HAS BEEN PROPHESIZED!!!

kts lolhammering himself is like an even better meme. the nicest meme.

i am in favor of a kts wagon tomorrow for no reason other than this.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm

i'm still not done with vlr lmaooo (i refuse to use a walkthrough and I'm doing the dice puzzle in Q)

On the scum theatre, I
really
want it to be true just because of how brilliant it'd be, but I'm too certain in Karnos flipping red to take it seriously :s
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 pm

I mean I'm only confident in it because I don't really have any other strong townreads? Like if this is green I might have to take a two day hiatus from the game to get on a clean slate.

I wasn't prepared to lynch tbqh but who would have been a better person to vote?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:28 pm

jeeze

i was hoping my two-day hiatus would actually be a four-day hiatus but i can just say it was two and everyone would believe me -_-

tojam is like never on this is going to kill me
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:29 pm

that's true! i might actually finish vlr i got into the mood
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (isolation #67) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:36 pm

In post 758, mhsmith0 wrote:It's bad wolf play too, but I'd say it still leans more wolf than town.
It's only bad scum play because it's bad townplay, thus putting suspicion on you?

anyway, since it's twilight and i feel less bad about filler, where does calling scum "wolves" come from?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (isolation #68) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Ah, OK, that makes sense.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (isolation #69) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:29 pm

I just kind of realized?

Luna, you read the game I shared here, right? Meaning you also saw a scum!Thor? I have a bad feeling if this flips green but I think I'm tinfoiling here.

I still think it's town!Thor either way? From that game, I was livid when Thor was pushing on Pants. I felt like he was being nitpicky and not really saying anything important about Pant's motivation, but people were eating it up. Was it because I knew Pants was town and Thor was scum (the game was archived while I was reading), and here I could be one of the people eating it up because I don't have that knowledge? Is Pants actually karnos here? I really don't think so but I want a second opinion. :/
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Yeah that probably would have been the smarter thing to do. It wasn't that great of a game anyway.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (isolation #71) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:43 pm

i wanna do a word cloud of kts's posting this game just to see how big "everything" and "terrible" are
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (isolation #72) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:51 pm

is that the game with masons and werewolves? that and kts's gambit there actually... like... sold me to sign up for ms (among other things but like... i love crazy ass gambits)

which is kinda funny tbqh
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (isolation #73) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Wait actually game relevant stuff here: Since I'm going through KTS's ISO... When did your read on Phantom change? Like in one post you say imply he's bad town but then you agree w/ someone he's scummy.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (isolation #74) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:03 pm

In post 791, Killthestory wrote:idk I felt like it
your iso makes me less inclined to scumread you tbqh

but then?? i kind of am agreeing to the logic that you could be karnos's scumbuddy here??

like it'd be funny if the scumteam really were called (KTS/Karnos) because like i read your rqs's the opposite way... which means it caught scum but also put them under the radar....

i don't know how to feel :shifty:

wordcloud coming soon, hope this twilight is longer here because i bet it'll be a nice meme
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (isolation #75) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Spoiler: nice meme

kinda disappointed, it was supposed to be shaped like a hammer (that was one of the options?) but it doesn't look like one lmfao. shitty colors intentional

terrible and everything are pretty big at least.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #76) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Spoiler: this is better

i learned how to use it, it looks like a hammer now
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (isolation #77) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 pm

oh shoot sorry tojam about cursing :C

what can i say... i'm with my boy kts here.... bad influence :cool:
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (isolation #78) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:52 am

that's the first scum i've lynched... and i was the first vote lmfao sick

VOTE: KTS

that's L-1 right?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (isolation #79) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:57 am

yes
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (isolation #80) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:02 am

In post 849, Transcend wrote:-___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
same

(vote kts so he has to self hammer)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (isolation #81) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:53 am

In post 874, PhantomCobalt wrote:VOTE: Luna
How does it feel to be practically conftown to me?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (isolation #82) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:07 am

I mentioned earlier that I didn't think scum!PC would "rvs" his partner to L-2 without reading the game. Hence why I have been townreading Phantom very hard the entire game.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (isolation #83) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:07 am

no one is lynching you or phantom, you two are so town lmfao
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (isolation #84) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:13 am

i can make a bloc w/o luna even though i like her as a person

but smith is town

tenshii is automatically in my townbloc
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (isolation #85) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 am

His thought process in approaching the Karnos wagon felt natural to me, I think he would have voted earlier if he /inned instead of Kcda.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (isolation #86) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 am

I said earlier but if there's scum on the wagon besides kts, it can only be Luna.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (isolation #87) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 am

scum!KTS is really the only person with anything to gain from bussing Karnks imo tho which is why I'm voting him over Luna.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (isolation #88) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:21 am

I mean

you sped up the lynch process, stopping the important parts of an efficient lynch (affirmation of voting, discussion of partners)

it's not much but it's something
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (isolation #89) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:23 am

KTS, Rosske, and Luna are the only people I want to lynch and in that order.

It kind of does, if you're sure you're partner's going to get lynched and not self-hammered, it throws off the town's traing of thought.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (isolation #90) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:23 am

*train
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (isolation #91) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:26 am

hmm...

You raise a good point. I want KTS and Luna to 1v1 r/n
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (isolation #92) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:31 am

VOTE: Rosske

tbh i want the thread shitted up but i've been townreading you most of the game... and we bonded during that twilight
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #93) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:34 am

uhm

I don't even know if I should bother to defend myself? Think this over, I literally bussed my partner hard.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (isolation #94) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:35 am

like i've been townreading everyone this game

except rosske? so i most likely would be voting a townread at some point
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #95) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:37 am

transcend i'm town lmfao
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #96) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:42 am

In post 907, Transcend wrote:then why were you so lynch happy on one of your townread's lynch instead of trying to pile votes on Rosske?
People's reads can change, Transcend. I liked the argument that suggested a Karnos/KTS scumteam and I didn't really have that strong of a townread on him. I was willing to doubt it.

I never really saw any posts from Rosske that I liked but he never really left an impression, so there was nothing to link him to Karnos, unlike KTS. You persuaded me otherwise. Hence, a change in reads.

Light townread > light scumread > strong townread
that's pretty much how kts flucuated for me
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #97) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:44 am

i parked a semi-serious rvs vote on my partner when i had ample time to change it

why?

How does Karnos/Giga even make sense as a team?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #98) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:49 am

it's fine, it was kind of funny :p
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (isolation #99) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 am

{Myself} - Town
{Transcend, Tenshii}
{Thor, Io, Phantom}
{Smith/KCDA}
{Luna, KTS} - Null
{Rosske}
{Karnos} - Scum

this was like my readlist most of the game

saying i want to rope Rosske/KTS/Luna isn't too far-fetched to me because i've had only one scumread and a bunch of townreads
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (isolation #100) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:00 am

obviously it's changed, kts and smith are higher up now
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (isolation #101) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:10 am

so we're almost on the same page here

vote rosske with me again :D
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (isolation #102) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:17 am

In post 921, mhsmith0 wrote:Walk me through the KTS town read?
During twilight, I went through his ISO and felt it was pretty towny. Nothing that strong, which is why I was still willing to lynch him but

I think Rosske might be better. I just would rather stick to my gut here, especially because we have a lot of mislynches to work with here and good townreads.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (isolation #103) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:18 am

If I recall correctly, we have 4 mislynches to work with and I'm willing to suspect 3 people.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (isolation #104) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:40 am

I genuinely missed that.

UNVOTE: Rosske

I really have nowhere to go now :/
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #105) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:57 am

i mean

besides that townslip i agreed with transcend that the kts vote looked opportunistic

but based on transcend's attempt at pushing me and hard-defending of kinkos i'm starting to think i should just do the opposite of what transcend does
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (isolation #106) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:43 pm

It was in fact Transcend.

Also, since Transcend voting Luna...

i don't have a good feeling though but
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (isolation #107) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:10 pm

You almost let him (Tenshii) fly under my radar... Going to reread and see what I think.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (isolation #108) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:46 pm

It's for em-phay-sis.......... god..,.........,.....
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (isolation #109) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:53 pm

no i really don't

transcend is probably town

that push on me pretty much trumps even my own role pm tbqh
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (isolation #110) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm

but i'm committed to doing everything you don't!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #111) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm

aka i'm really unsure
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (isolation #112) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:56 am

In post 983, mhsmith0 wrote:Np. What convinced u on Luna?
tenshii pls

i'm really on the fence here
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (isolation #113) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:18 am

Hey Luna, read the combined ISO of Tenshii and Thor and tell me what you think. I don't like how Tenshii ignored mhsmith and my request for an explanation about you.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (isolation #114) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:23 am

In post 991, Tenshii wrote:Yea? How do you think I feel then?
uhm

i don't like naked votes. they're anti-town. thor made a good point earlier about how a lot of your activity was WK'ing karnos and trying to divert the lynch to Phantom. luna and i were both hard-townreading you D1 but now i have a reason to be a bit more doubtful about your alignment.

to answer your question though i'm not sure how you feel.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (isolation #115) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:39 am

you have every reason to be mad at me lmao Tenshii

i went through your iso a few times and i still missed it, i'll ctrl+f giga and if i don't find it i'll ask

btw tenshii's a guy @luna + thor
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (isolation #116) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:43 am

In post 711, Tenshii wrote:
In post 589, Tenshii wrote:Hops on a bandwagon (Karnos) and justifies it with RVS. Eventually townreads (Karnos), his vote, but parks it anyway. Posted multiple times (aka multiple oppurtunities to unvote) without unvoting. Justifies it with not having a chance to reread through everything.
Town should be unvoting in this spot to decrease the chance of a townread getting lynched. I can't see any logical reason as to why town would act this way.
In post 622, Tenshii wrote:Is what I said about him being scummy not reasonable?
assuming it's this one...?

There really isn't any motivation in any of Phantom's actions. Especially now that we know Karnos is scum, his RVS vote looked completely reasonable. There
is
scum motivation in trying to extend RVS for no reason, but besides that one vote and answering my RQS I don't think there was any sort of intention of doing so. He's not acting logically, that's unquestionable, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I'm not really sure
what
he has to do to look scummy, if Karnos flipped green I'd be keeping my eye on him a bit more, but I
really
do not think he bussed his partner.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (isolation #117) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:43 am

so it's kind of unreasonable in that you're finding ill intentions in something that probably was not done with much thought
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (isolation #118) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:44 am

ayyy lmao phantom is online

we're talking about you <3
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (isolation #119) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:48 am

i am going through phantom's completed games (to try to find a mafia game) and just
i'm even more uncomfortable lynching him
almost all of his games, he's town and gets lynched day 1

poor guy's practically lynchbait :C
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #120) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 am

Anything in particular about Luna that makes you think she's Karnos's scumbuddy? Remember that she bussed him D1, that's a very risky play.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (isolation #121) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:06 pm

In post 1005, Tenshii wrote:My point still stands though, you're tr'ing Phantom because you don't see scum!Phantom rvs'ing his partner to L-2. I'm saying that I find scum!Phantom more than capable of doing that if he was scum.
It's
possible
, but what benefit was there? Obviously everyone here has to be considered as likely suspects as Karnos's scumbuddy, but I think looking at someone who could be argued to have scum motivation D1 is better than looking at Phantom. His posts don't really have motivation, so I see no reason to scumread him. And if there are better partners for Karnos than him, why waste the time here?

I think, for example, KTS had more to gain from a qh. I believe that he
could
be town and just wanted to quickhammer because it would be funny (and he vowed it), the possibility that it was done to silence discussion is hard to ignore. I am also FOS'ing Luna, because her jump onto the Karnos wagon felt strange to me, but I want to hear why the people voting her are doing so above KTS.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (isolation #122) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:08 pm

and of course another reason i am voting KTS over Luna is that Transcedentalism is voting for Luna. So I will most likely not vote for Luna (but I still want to hear the argument)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (isolation #123) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 pm

I'm not really sure, to be honest? I feel as though since I've been townreading everyone sans Karnos and Rosske, bringing up that townslip pretty much ruined every foundation I've had for a scumpartner. I've just been much more paranoid of everyone (Tenshii's defense of Karnos and discussion with Thor is now put into question, despite the fact he was a strong townread for another example), and since there
is
an argument against you, I want to look into it.

So the answer is just, "you changed your reads". Alone, that's not suspicious, but when I have more townreads than I know what to do with I can't help but wonder.

PEdit: saw mhsmith's post and idk if it impacts what i'm writing but i can't read it because i have to go for a bit
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (isolation #124) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:34 pm

I could live with a policy on Phantom.

But that's about it. We have a lot of mislynches and I want to hit scum with this one.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (isolation #125) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:39 pm

@Mod, isn't it D2, not 1? Title still says one
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (isolation #126) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Filler AND game-advancing content in the dame post! Uncredibelievable!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (isolation #127) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:47 pm

*same
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (isolation #128) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:08 pm

In post 1035, Tenshii wrote:7. Rosske, insert some dodgeball joke here
This is wrong, Rosske dodged one of my questions, misunderstood it when I pointed it out, and when I told him he misunderstood he never answered. :C

it's cool rosske i don't need the answer to it because karnos is dead now (thanks to me (and io and thor and luna and I GUESS kts))
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (isolation #129) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:09 pm

In post 1037, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:(thanks to me (and io and thor and luna and I GUESS kts))
and smith. especially smith
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (isolation #130) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:10 pm

VOTE: Killthestory

Tenshii get him to L-1 so he has to hammer pls (where's the last vc)

also tenshii what is mine referencing?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (isolation #131) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:10 pm

^that's just a reaffirmation of my vote btw
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (isolation #132) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:40 pm

oh btw in case anyone was wondering

i was bluffing in

i think it helped. also i'm not lynching phantom stop

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (isolation #133) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 pm

In post 1052, mhsmith0 wrote:Talk through your tenshii strong town read? I'd think pushing counter wagons on karnos (tenshii or transcend) is a reasonable profile of a scum buddy of karnos, and I'm not really sure why either has otherwise earned a strong town read.
:up: :up: :up:
why tenshii has fallen down my readlist. i also do not like that he is not voting for phantom (even though phantom is probably town)

i feel like transcend is probably just. really off the mark. I am more inclined to believe that Tenshii has an agenda if KTS is not scum.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (isolation #134) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:20 pm

In post 1056, Tenshii wrote:This confirms that no one reads what I post. As it stands, NOBODY would vote along with me, despite me working my blank off on the dodgeball court to try and throw dodgeballs at him. And I'm just generalized as the Karnos defender and the Phantom slayer. Everybody and their blanking mother is so convinced that he's bad town just because of meta. And combine that with the fact that Luna declared intent to 1v1 to the death with KTS, I don't see a Phantom vote besides mine happening today.
i mean

if you're convinced that pc is karnos's scumbuddy

you're voting for town

which is what i dislike
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (isolation #135) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:24 pm

think this over tenshii

if you really want phantom gone but don't want to vote him vote kts with us

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (isolation #136) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:44 pm

In post 1063, Killthestory wrote:I think Giga is scum.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (isolation #137) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:01 pm

no i'm mostly having fun with this game because i'm just waiting for the kts wagon to gain steam

or for kts to 1v1 you (or me...?). i think he's offline too now which is funny

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (isolation #138) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:52 pm

In post 1068, Tenshii wrote:@Giga But by your logic, you should still dislike a KTS vote from me because I'd still be voting town.

I mean

i don't think kts is town so it's an exception

but if he is, you won't be lynching the one person who would be willing to consider Phantom tomorrow (i'd be open to a policy btw, but that's about it)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (isolation #139) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:52 pm

that's L-1 right?

KTS has to hammer now <3
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (isolation #140) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Before KTS actually comes online and self-hammers:

If he flips green, what do we do?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (isolation #141) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:11 pm

In post 1075, Tenshii wrote:So there's this text box where we submit posts to the thread. We type in "Phantom" and highlight it. Then click on that little "vote" button. After that, click on the "submit" button.
Oh, I didn't know we could do that. I always just pressed the button and then typed inside it.
TIL

(bolded for kts)

VOTE: KillTheStory

ugh shoot you're right tenshii :/

still think he's scum
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (isolation #142) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:25 pm

In post 0, tojam2 wrote:2. The Mafia can only lynch from Night 3 onwards.
wait

so? do mafia votes not count? or did tojam mean they can't nk....

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (isolation #143) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:26 pm

i am continuing to vote kts on the assumption he meant nk
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (isolation #144) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:29 pm

(i did read the setup way back when lmao)

but i wonder why no one pointed it out.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (isolation #145) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:41 pm

In post 1090, Tenshii wrote:Off Topic, anyone know any good balanced 6P + Mod setups for IRL. A setup with at least one power role or a setup with more than two factions. Or does anyone know where I can find a directory/list of setups?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... cro_Setups

That and EpicMafia were the closest I could find to a list of setups.
Tenshii, wanna talk on PMs about this? My friend group plays a lot of F2F mafia so I might be able to help out. 6 players is
really
tough to balance though, with a minimum of 2 mafia goons you automatically start in a MYLO situation.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (isolation #146) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Dethy was really fun when we couldn't get enough for a normal game, but if you have 6 people, someone has to sit out :/
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (isolation #147) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:17 am

i go with the flow here

VOTE: PhantomCobalt

kts and i are tight, we bonded over twilight (he could still be scum but FINE)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (isolation #148) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:45 pm

yes that is L-1
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (isolation #149) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:39 pm

Both are kind of strange.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (isolation #150) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:30 pm

I don't disagree with it, it's just that I feel like I'm voting for the same thing whether I vote for KTS or PC – a dumb vote for Kanks that could easily be overanalyzed.

I thought I was going somewhere with KTS having a strategic gain in bussing his partner Karninks (silencing discussion about Kankinoid's scumbuddy), but it's not like he could have pushed someone else. PC had some momentum for example, that wagon could have gone somewhere if it was a mislynch. But? I still kind of like his ISO? I don't know how to justify this. I still voted for him anyway, because your argument makes sense and I don't have a scumread.

With PC, his involvement in the game solely revolves around Kamos and being called out for lurking. There's? Really nothing to push a case against. He's done jack this game. I'm voting him to see if that'll change because I'd be happy to lynch him if not. If he's scum, his associatives with Käranis are, in the words of KTS,
terrible
. He "rvs's" him (isn't it common for scum partners to rvs each other... i mean at first i thought he'd be more careful about putting his partner at L-2 for no reason but), and then puts him as his highest townread for no reason? I asked why he scumread us yesterday and he never answered... I know I've been defending him and his meta supports that he
could
be town but...?

ok as i was writing this i actually waffled back on scum!PC because... wouldn't scum!PC want to vote KTS, the predictable and easier to push counter-wagon for today?? i guess he might have to vote luna because he said he scumread her but??

To make a long story short I am really on the fence on everything.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (isolation #151) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:31 pm

btw if i ever use a misspelling of karamos's name twice call me out on it because it will be spelled differently every time. thank you.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (isolation #152) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:16 pm

In post 1164, Transcend wrote:giga's been happy to lynch anyone honestly and it's alarming.
it pains me to vote anyone in all honesty. i am pretty sure it's not you, Io, Thor, Smith, and Rosske. I also don't think it's Luna. i've been townreading everyone else D1 and people raise good points about them being the scumbuddy. So it's hard for me to make the right call.

i wouldn't mind a mercy kill tbqh if you wanna go vote me again
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (isolation #153) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:01 am

hey guys, guess what I'm going to do?

Can anyone guess what made me change my mind? Again? :D

(i am suffering inside)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (isolation #154) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:03 am

In post 1176, Luna Fox wrote:the fact that PC isnt being survivalistic like KTS is?
There's that, and also the fact that I just realized KTS vote hopped for like no reason.

KTS, why did you change from Luna to Phantom?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (isolation #155) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:22 am

how is vote hopping survivalistic...?

will kts get dayvigged if he pushes Luna instead of Phantom?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (isolation #156) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:25 am

What do you think of Rosske's towntell, then? That's mostly why he's not a PoI today.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (isolation #157) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:26 am

townslip, excuse me! i can quote it if needed.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (isolation #158) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:57 am

just a question for people who scumread me:

what about my interactions with karnos read SvS? i honestly do not see it but it might be my role pm biasing me
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (isolation #159) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:15 am

In post 866, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 864, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 862, Rosske wrote:It certainly looks like sheeping seeing as you empty voted right after him. you really think Luna would have been first on the wagon for her own partner? You've already proven your reads are way off
:facepalm:
Derp clear for rosske accepted. I don't think I'm ever voting him this game.
I am really tempted to agree with this... so i will
also rosske's townslip (if u believe in it...) because i fell asleep too early the other day and forgot
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (isolation #160) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:18 am

transcendentalism answer 1217 yeah? :up: :up: :up: :up:
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (isolation #161) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:58 pm

oh, but if i imply that i'm ok with p much anyone getting lynched i'm suddenly scummy ://

great logic here transcend :up:
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (isolation #162) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:25 pm

I'd put Thor in the townbloc, he did A LOT of the work in terms of pressuring Karnos.

Other than that I'd agree with that townbloc of 5, maybe put Smith in there instead of Rosske?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (isolation #163) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:29 pm

If we do form a townbloc, Thor, Io and I have to be in it, no questions asked. Luna/Smith/Tenshii are good people to consider for it. Maybe we should vote on this?

And I've been pretty strongly townreading Smith and KCDA, kcda's early interest in the Karnos wagon didn't seem like he was openly debating a bus and Smith could have easily pushed Luna or another counterwagon... The bus just seemed unnecessary.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (isolation #164) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:24 pm

Smith, what do you think of Tenshii's townbloc idea? Any ideas as for who would be in a townbloc of five?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (isolation #165) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm

i still think transcend is town but here are some... thoughts... from his iso about scum!Transcend. just thoughts...
In post 329, Transcend wrote:I think when PC flips red (I see no reason for him not to I really don't) karnos will be obvtown for all and not just me / Luna.
^using my argument that PC/Karnos are an unlikely scumteam to clear a partner?
In post 333, Transcend wrote:it's KTS dude

and my bro kts isn't gettin lynched while phantomcobalt the confscum is still alive
^buddying a townie to get a popular wagon lynched?

i found these quotes while trying to find a case vs. luna and found them... interesting. kts should still be our lynch but this is... interesting. just some... thoughts.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (isolation #166) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:02 pm

but the point here is that i failed to find a coherent and substantial case vs. luna in transcend's iso. maybe you should restate it here
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (isolation #167) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:13 pm

His cases were crazy and I don't think Transcend is known for moon-logic. It seemed very town to notice weirdly scummy things about people (i laughed hard when he voted me and insisted I was scum, the case on you was pretty funny too), so I'm townreading him too but

It's much weaker than it was before, and I don't really want him in the townbloc if we ever make one.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (isolation #168) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 am

In post 1317, Tenshii wrote:idk how long that is for a forum game
It means this:
Tenshii wrote:we should get a lynch relatively soon.
Who wants to hammer? KTS, last words?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (isolation #169) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:31 am

In post 1318, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:KTS, last words?
If you're town, give us a townbloc of 5 people besides you. Because if you're town then I'm all out of ideas.

Also, this might come off as bullshit, but my vote for you comes with respect to you as a player. I think a lot of people dismiss you as just "trolly", but I've read through some of your games and have reason to believe that you're really a skilled player. Skilled enough that, as scum, you would quickhammer your own partner to make you harder to find. Just wanted to put that out there because I am going to feel terrible about this if you're town.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1350 (isolation #170) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:20 pm

In post 697, Killthestory wrote:
In post 681, mhsmith0 wrote:Btw, @kts: how often do you lol hammer as town?
I make it my duty to hammer any L-1 regardless of my alignment or the other persons alignment.
In post 705, Killthestory wrote:fuck that means i have to selfhammer
u sure io........
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (isolation #171) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:54 pm

tbh transcend i'm open to lynching rosske too so maybe tomorrow if kts doesn't flip scum
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (isolation #172) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:58 pm

yeah but rosske has that townslip... yeah townslips can be faked but kts actually had something to gain from lynching karnos... thor and i do not.

so kts > rosske for me, sorry.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (isolation #173) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:03 pm

is there going to be a nk tomorrow?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (isolation #174) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:14 pm

In post 1364, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:is there going to be a nk tomorrow?
the answer is no.

i am even more comfortable with a kts lynch
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (isolation #175) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:18 pm

In post 1366, Killthestory wrote:could easily see Io or Tenshii NKed so not sure what you're going on about
well that's what i was worried about

if i'm wrong about it being you over rosske, we won't lose a townie. i always try to prepare for the worst case scenario, but it doesn't look like i will need to until tomorrow
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (isolation #176) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:21 pm

In post 1367, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i always try to prepare for the worst case scenario, but it doesn't look like i will need to until tomorrow
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (isolation #177) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:19 pm

In post 1378, Thor665 wrote:Eh, what's the Rosske scum case?
It's a boring slot that isn't doing much, but...that kind of makes me feel there's not much of a case there beyond 'hey, boring!'
I... agree...

It was just weird that he was anti-karnos lynch, but once he flipped goon he jumped onto the KTS wagon quickly.

Also I think Phantom is playing on his alt, algebra, in another game... why, i do not know, but he should be... prodded... replaced. something... but he is posting on this site.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (isolation #178) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:57 am

transcend.

why would thor or i bus. bussing is a very risky play, there should be clear benefits to sacrificing your wincon, especially in a town-sided setup like this one.

i am not denying my d2 is scummy. but. i can't even understand where this logic is coming from.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (isolation #179) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:16 am

In post 1402, Blanche wrote:KTS's quickhammer, if scum, was actually very effective in its strategic purpose: i.e., make it more difficult to find Karnos's partner by shutting down any discussion this town could have had.

Luna or Smith getting ""towncred"" is not really that believable. Without their votes, the Karnos wagon probably would not have gone through, so I think a scum!Luna would have continued to push Phantom instead of move to Karnos. Smith was SR'ing Luna, so why not stick to that and try to buddy you?
alt slip, sorry
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (isolation #180) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:25 am

why would luna get off of phantom's wagon though...? you are not really explaining yourself because "towncred" is not enough of a reason to bus
day 1
unless your partner is completely indefensible (which karnos *was* until L-1)

I wouldn't say I
love
it but it felt natural to me because Kcda was scumreading Karnos (and saw a KTS/Karnos scumteam before anyone else called it) and I'm townreading Smith.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (isolation #181) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:26 am

the first paragraph is for transcendentalism, #2 is for thor
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (isolation #182) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:28 am

In post 1410, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:(which karnos *was*
until
at L-1)
EBWOP
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (isolation #183) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:04 pm

LMAO

my rqs got opposite results on both scum, that's hilarious

and this is my first perfect win (and the first time i've mostly voted for scum) <3
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (isolation #184) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 pm

seriously though, wp kts. You honestly really made me unsure about this lynch :C

imo i think it that if you planned on qh'ing your own partner, it would have looked better if you were pushing him earlier, but then got off of him for PC, then went back to qh. I've never played scum before so I have no idea, but wouldn't that look more natural?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (isolation #185) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:23 pm

wait what
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (isolation #186) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:24 pm

OOHH

smart, kts... i should have seen this coming :(
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1452 (isolation #187) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:30 pm

honestly? with a townbloc of Transcend, Luna, Me, Io, and Thor I think we're good.

PC > Rosske > Tenshii > Smith would be the lynch order.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (isolation #188) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:31 pm

using tenshii's townbloc strategy here
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (isolation #189) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:33 pm

i can live either way, i just think it's more likely that a scumbuddy would defend their partner rather than bus them D1. It's more interactions than how strongly I townread them.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (isolation #190) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:37 pm

I really don't have experience here at MafiaScum, so I guess the bussing meta is different, but this set-up is very townsided to me? Why risk losing your partner if there was no clear benefit? I still think the case against you was reasonable because there was an obvious benefit to lynching Karnos like that, but did Smith need the towncred? Most people already were townreading Kcdaspot iirc, it's not like Smith was in a super scummy slot.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (isolation #191) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 pm

In post 1460, Killthestory wrote:Nobody else but those four can possibly be scum.
Well I agree with that at the very least.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (isolation #192) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:33 pm

In post 1432, Killthestory wrote:Town bloc as it stands is Tenshii, Townscend, Luna, Giga, and Io,
scum doesn't post this transcend

that's the 180

i was too excited to think straight lmfao
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1475 (isolation #193) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:56 pm

In post 1474, Transcend wrote:Can we get a different host for this it's fucking annoying waiting forever for him when I don't think he has time to host it.

No, he's due for a prod. After three it's a force replace, but we have to wait.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (isolation #194) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:57 pm

^ btw that was my 666th post on the site :shifty:
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (isolation #195) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Thanks LlamaFluff for taking over!

Before I speedvote anyone, I think we should definitely resolve the townbloc issue. As it stands, I'm in favor of {Myself, Io, Thor, Transcend, Luna}. I should probably clarify for Thor that, after the Karnos flip, Tenshii became less townie to me, which is why I'm going to advocate against putting him in the townbloc.

I think what's up for debate is {Transcend, Luna} being in there. I'd like to know what everyone else's thoughts are on this.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (isolation #196) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:43 pm

In post 1493, Luna Fox wrote:While i dont mind that townbloc i think Trascend is going to be very against it.
Well that's why it has to be discussed, if someone who's surviving to endgame is going to end up trying to lynch you then we'll be fucked in LYLO.

Scum would probably want to tailor a Transcend/Luna/{whoever} LYLO, which I think would be really difficult to win. Especially if the last scum (or rather, wolf) is Smith.

I also don't know if it's better to get rid of the scummier players outside of the townbloc first or to get the less scummier ones to make LYLO easier.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (isolation #197) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:45 pm

In post 1495, Tenshii wrote:I agree with the bloc, and we should be getting rid of the scummiest first. The only reason lylo will be hard is if there's a reason for the bloc to collapse in the first place.
A bloc with Luna and Transcend together is likely to collapse, that's the issue.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1500 (isolation #198) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:14 pm

In post 1499, Tenshii wrote:Then why did you suggest it in the first place?
Because I'm conflicted about it? I'd be much more assertive about the townbloc strategy if I was sure about letting that one be it.

I feel safest townreading those five people, but I feel that if we can't get Transcend to townread Luna then it won't work out. I want to hear want Transcend has to say.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (isolation #199) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:39 pm

In post 1501, Tenshii wrote:@Giga Where did your read on me flop?
Didn't really flop so much as weaken. When I realized that I had zilch on a scumbuddy for Karnos and Thor pointed out that your activity surrounded defending Karnos and trying to push a counterwagon I got paranoid.

Return to “Completed Open Games”