Mini #70: Vanilla Extract- Game Over, man!

No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:27 am

Post by No Idea »

im proud to be the first to replay.
well, the cop's down night one... that just sucks. i'd like some dicussion so
random vote: mathcam.

p.s lol, mod - great opening act...
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:35 am

Post by No Idea »

Unvote: mathcam vote: Prizm

Lurkers suck!!!
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:45 am

Post by No Idea »

Yeah, that is a bit suspicious...
FOS: mathcam
for posting junk.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:19 pm

Post by No Idea »

Unvote: Prizm
, because he stopped lurking.

Vote: mathcam
, because nobody else seems suspicious and I still want to hear an explanation to the posting requirement thing.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:54 am

Post by No Idea »

Well, I guess trying to force random roleclaims on day one is a bit scummy...
FOS: Isaac

It would have been a vote if i didn't think mathcam is more suspicious (still waiting for him to explain why does he keep posting nonsense, btw).
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:54 am

Post by No Idea »

Isaac wrote: Mathcam I dont' think is suspicous at all. As I've said before, having aposting requirement is not within itself a scummy thing. I don't even think he has a posting requirement though, it's not like he ever actually posted nonsense. He posted questions: if anything he posted more cogent posts than any of those silly random votes.
Actually, the reason I find mathcam suspicious is not because I think he has a post requirement, that's just one of the explanations to his nothing posts and I don't think it makes a lot of sense, since this game has only the roles JereIC listed in his first post, and none of them have a posting requierment. The real reason for his posts, I think, is to show us he isn't lurking while not doing anything that might seem suspicious. I think that's a very scummy thing to do so my vote stands (although I do think Isaac is acting suspicious, too).

mathcam, if you want to prove me wrong, please post something with real content...
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:15 am

Post by No Idea »

mathcam, perhaps you didn't understand my last post, although it was very clear...

I said I
don't
think you have a posting requirement for reasons already stated, and that I find you suspicious because I think the reason for your posts is to show us you're not lurking while not saying anything of any real value to the game so you won't say anything scummy by mistake. I find this suspicious.

And btw, I'd like to see you vote for someone, even me if you feel like it, just to prove you can. I don't think you have any posting restrictions, but I'd like to be a 100% sure.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:30 am

Post by No Idea »

How's having different suspicions than you makes me suspicious?

I do think that Isaac is being scummy, but I also think posting nonsense four times in a singal page is scummier...

And why are you so eager to defend him, Dasqian?

Oh and Coolbot, I didn't say he should give Isaac the fifth vote, just that he should vote for someone, other than Isaac, to show us he can.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:51 am

Post by No Idea »

You didn't go after anyone else for adding nothing to the game even though most of the first posts were just "random" votes.
Because random voting contributes to the game and nonsense doesn't.
Besides, no one posted four random votes on a singal page....

I thought you misunderstood my post because you didn't acknowledge the main thing I was saying, and you still aren't.

Anyhow, since nobody seems to be agreeing with me (and I guess I might be totally wrong about this, I'm just a stupid noob after all...), and this bandwagon seems to be going nowhere, I'll
unvote: mathcam
. You can unvote me now, too...

*waits for Isaac to roleclaim*
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:32 am

Post by No Idea »

I think I really misunderstood that post of yours, mathcam.
Looking back, I don't think your page 1 posts were that suspicious, and I shouldn't have jumped on you like that (well, I guess eagerness is a part of being a newbie). I overreacted and I'm sorry. Peace?

*does the still waiting for Isaac dance*
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:24 pm

Post by No Idea »

Isaac, that was a very good defence.

However, I'm not convinced...
Isaac wrote: "I know!" Isaac said, "I know what I can do for the town as a townie!" It had finally struck Isaac what townies are good for: dying. "If I can be good about it, and try to draw out a lynch on myself for pretty baseless reasons, then I can help draw out who the scum are in the town!"

So he continued with lame responses that were true, but were not likely to convince anyone.

Alright, storytime's over. I'm a townie. I don't expect any of you to actually believe this, however.
Okay, let me see if I this strait:
You're a perfectly innocence townie. You maid a mistake in one of your posts (asking Prizm to roleclaim), and because of that mistake people get suspicious of you.
Perfectly reasonable so far...
Then, you decide to help us by getting yourself lynched.
Wait, what?
How exactly do you exepect to help the town by wasting a lynch?

According to you, you don't want to be lynched, but you decided to help the town by intentionally posting scummy things to get lynched.
That's not very logical.

Also, if you would have defended yourself after your first "mistake", and say you don't want Prizm to roleclaim, I'm sure we wouldn't have bandwagoned you. Instead, you post scummy things "intentionally" to get yourself lynched. And then you say you don't want to get lynched.

I'm pretty sure you're scum, and even if I'm wrong, and you're just a stupid townie, it wouldn't be that bad...

Vote: Isaac
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:43 am

Post by No Idea »

I really can't get why do you think that Isaac's excuse for posting scummy things is reasonable.
Lets assume he's a townie. He unintentionally posts something suspicious.
Instead of admitting his mistake and getting on with the game, he thinks of this "brilliant" strategy of intentionally being even more scummy so we'll lynch him.

So, lets say we do lynch him, and find out he's a townie.
Tomorrow morning, we wake up with only nine people left, probably three of them scum. We have no real clues, because the people who voted for him yesterday had a good reason to do so (he was acting scummy), and they're just as suspicious as the next guy. How does this help us?

I think he's simply scum that thought of a very good defense when he saw that we're getting suspicious with him.

Maybe I misunderstood him, or maybe I don't know some important detail about the game that would make this whole thing logical. If that's the case, tell me, but if it isn't I think we should lynch Isaac without thinking twice, since his defense makes no sense and his roleclaim isn't very convincing (like he said, anyone can claim townie).

Worse case scenario, we lynched a townie day one. It isn't that bad, right?
(Isaac certainly seems to think so...)
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:53 am

Post by No Idea »

I probably misunderstood something *again* :oops: (being a noob really sucks).
Why are you guys unvoting Isaac and ignoring my posts?
I'll unvote when I'll get an explanation...
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:36 pm

Post by No Idea »

I'm starting to think that I didn't misunderstand anything, and that you guys are just falling for his defense.

I'm fully aware that the townie's role in the game is to help uncovering the mafia, even at the cost of dying.
However, I can't get how does wasting a lynch help the town...
Besides, if that is Isaac's plan, why does he screw it up by telling it to us?

Then there's MeMe, unvoting him just becasue Prizm thinks he's inoccent.
I checked all of Prizms posts and there's nothing special about them.
Yes, Prizm never thought Isaac was scum, so what?
The fact that Prizm was the target of Isaac's "go ahead and roleclaim" post, which was the reason we first thought him suspicious, doesn't mean that he knows more about Isaac than us. I see no reason to unvote Isaac just because Prizm doesn't think he's guilty (heck, they might be mafia together for all we know).
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:42 am

Post by No Idea »

MeMe wrote:
Now
my question is...did you really just miss it in your read-through? Or is the ignorant act deliberate?
What ignorant act? I was (and still am) completely sure there's only one cop in the game and he was killed night one...
Don't you think giving the town two cops in a vanilla game is a bit unbalanced?
Anyway, Prizm obviously isn't a cop, and I don't think he meant us to think that in any of his posts.
So, MeMe, it appears that there wasn't anything ignorant about my posts, delibereate or not... :)
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:09 pm

Post by No Idea »

MeMe, I didn't say you of falling for his defense. I said that your'e unvoting him only because of Prizm's posts...

And about the cop thing - well, this is my first game ever, I was completely sure there's only one cop in a miny.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:17 am

Post by No Idea »

MeMe wrote:
No Idea wrote:I'm starting to think that I didn't misunderstand anything, and that you guys are just falling for his defense.
This is what I was talking about.
You probably didn't notice what came next...
I wrote:Then there's MeMe, unvoting him just becasue Prizm thinks he's inoccent.
I said that you're excepcional and that you're unvoting him
just
because of Prizm's posts, not because of his defense like the rest.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:42 am

Post by No Idea »

As much as I'd like to believe Isaac's explanation, the possibility he's clever scum is very hard to ignore. And I still think his reasoning is weird.
Besides contradicting himself with reason two (he explained his plan because he didn't want to get lynched, but in that very post he said he'll get lynched anyway), which can just be a mistake, the main reason I find him suspicious is the reasoning behind his "plan":
He says his plan is to act suspicious and lure scum to vote for him. But voting for someone that's acting scummy isn't a scummy thing at all, it's the objective of this game.

And about Morpheus and Spoon, I think they're both being pretty ridiculous:
Spoon wrote:First of all, you've been misspelling Isaac for a while now. Any reason for that?
Yes, actually there is:
He's scum trying to misspell Isaac's name in an evil plot to take over the world! muhahahahahaha!!!
Morpheus wrote:So
Vote: Spoon
for making things up and trying to frame me.
How dare he think you're suspicious, everybody know you're innocent!
He must be scum trying to frame you... yeah, that's it!
First roger rabbit, then you, nobody's safe!!!

I think both of them are they're probably innocent.
Spoon has done absolutely nothing suspicious. He thinks Morpheus is scum so he posts it. Morpheus may have changed his mind a bit too often or voted for people without explaining why but I really don't get why do you think this means he's scum, he's just new and he maid some mistakes, big deal... I do hope he starts explaining his posts from now on, though.

And sbdirt is probably just busy. I also think that he should be replaced if he won't post something with real content in the next few days but there's definitely no reason to lynch him.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:23 am

Post by No Idea »

Spoon wrote:Also, I think newness/newbieness shouldn't be used as an excuse that much. It can explain some mistakes, but it isn't a reason to jump around and vote for everyone without explanation. As well, there are lot of newbies is this game (including myself) but I don't see them jumping around with no reason.
So you say that scum is more likely to vote without explaining?
If he was scum he would have probably been told it's scummy to vote with no explanation. And just because we aren't "jumping around with no reason" doesn't mean all newbies are like us. Maybe he thinks the reason behind his votes is too clear to state, or maybe he has some other weird reason of doing that. For now, I'll consider this newbieness, but if he'll continue behaving like that I'll definitely vote for him.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:37 am

Post by No Idea »

I wrote:For now, I'll consider this newbieness, but if he'll continue behaving like that I'll definitely vote for him.
Morpheus wrote:Ok, I have no clue what Isaac's role is and thats why I'm not voting yet. But I do think he is kind of suspicous, So if nobody has a problem of losing a posible townie then
vote: Isaac
He was weird before but this is just too much...
Besides casting the lynching vote on a person he didn't really found suspious (and turned out to be innocent), he did the exact thing I asked him not to do: voting without explanation (no, "I think he's kind of suspicious" is not an explanaton). He keeps reminding us that he's a newbie and that he has no idea what's going on but I really don't think he's that stupid and being a newbie isn't an excuse for everything.

I can vote for him but I'd rather give him a chance to roleclaim\ defend himself before speed lynching him, although I don't think anything he can say will casue me to change my mind. So
FOS: Morpheus
for now.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:12 pm

Post by No Idea »

That wasn't a very good defense, Morpheus...
You didn't even address any of our suspicions and you made an unconvincing roleclaim.
And I for one am sick of your "I'm just a newbie, I have no idea what you're talking about" posts.

Vote: Morpheus
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:19 am

Post by No Idea »

Well, that was fast...
I just hope he's scum :D
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:28 am

Post by No Idea »

Bah! *dies*
Whoever's scum is certainly doing a very good job... :(
And I loved my death scene :D
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:06 pm

Post by No Idea »

I'm here. If sbdirt is active again I'll leave it to Jere to decide who plays. Oh and I'm a townie (big surprise there, right?)
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:37 am

Post by No Idea »

sbdirt was lurking because he was busy. It doesn't have anything to do with his role. Because he came back shortly after I replaced him I thought I'd be nice and say that it's okay with me if Jere wants sbdirt to play. If he would have been cynically lurking he would have:
1) Been spotted by one of us while checking the thread.
2) Said something when people were asking for him to be replaced, not after I replaced him.

Anyway, some other thoughts:
Since I know I'm innocent, everyone else have a 50% chance of being scum.
Spoon seems innocent to me. He didn't do anything suspicious so far, and he certainly didn't have a spat with me. And doctor me defended sbdirt too, and he was innocent...
Prizm also isn't very suspicious, although I would like to know why he didn't cast a single vote during the entire game. I also don't agree with his logic that either MeMe, mathcam, or both are mafia. Dasquian's theory that me and both Spoon and Prizm are mafia is possible, but because I'm innocent it can't be true and I can't think of any other person likely to be in the mafia with them.
Currently I find MeMe to be the most suspicious person. She keeps saying she doesn't want to vote for anyone until we're sure who do we want to lynch, then she votes for me on baseless reasons.
FOS: MeMe
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:48 am

Post by No Idea »

Oh, right. I didn't read this day carefully enough. Make it: "Didn't cast a single vote on the first two days". And can you please explain why are you so sure I'm mafia? :roll:
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:14 am

Post by No Idea »

MeMe wrote:I already did...just flip back a page.

Can you explain why you waited so long to post after being named as a replacement?

I posted ASAP after I saw I'm replacing sbdirt. I'm not always online, you know.
MeMe wrote:And then said I have "baseless reasons" for voting you, though I gave what I consider to be a rather strong case already?
Strong case? sbdirt lurked. I replaced him and it took me 10 hours to post. Then because sbdirt said something I said that I'm okay with him instead of me. That's baseless reasons on my book.
MeMe wrote:And why you cited my earlier reason for not voting as waiting until we're all sure that's what we want when I explained to mathcam yesterday that it's only prudent to wait when we might have had an information role (sbdirt/you) yet to weigh in?
Because I wasn't paying enough attention. Personally I think we shouldn't be voting until we're agreed on who to lynch, because then the mafia wouldn't be able to speed lynch someone and win. I assumed that was your logic too.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:22 am

Post by No Idea »

Congrats mafia, you just won the match! :cry: I'm town. For credit, I think MeMe, Dasquian and someone else (probably Spoon because he cast the lynching vote) are mafia. And what I meant to say in that post is that if I wouldn't have known I'm innocent I would have thought it's possible that Spoon, Prizm and sbdirt are mafia but because I do know I'm innocent I can't think of anyone else likely to be in the mafia
with them
, not in any mafia, in the same group as Spoon and Prizm, and because of that I think they're innocent. And that I think MeMe is the most suspicious person (and that doesn't have anything to do with either Spoon or Prizm). Thank you very much for giving me a chance to explain that post before lynching me. Of course the mafia didn't want to give me a chance to explain :( .
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:30 am

Post by No Idea »

Actually there's no point dicussing my role because, as you'll soon see, I'm town.
and btw, MeMe, you've done a really good job misleading everyone.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:36 am

Post by No Idea »

I protected both Spoon and Prizm during two of the nights! I was so sure they're innocent. Great job scum! and thanks for modding Jere, you've done a really good job. That was a nice first game for me, although the mafia kicked our ass..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”