Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Fennin »

This went fast. Already out of the RVS, that's not a bad thing at all. No reason to keep a joke vote active :

UNVOTE: don_johnson

In post 65, Painted Face of Death wrote:I don't agree at all that DV's reasoning was well thought out. I mean, theoretically it could have been true that she really really wanted to be out of this game, then saw that she got a scum role, got excited, and decided to stay in, sure. It seems unlikely to me. I don't see any reason why this would be true. While it's theoretically possible, there's no evidence that it's the case. Proposing the possibility was no big deal.

I quite agree with this. It's a little bit too easy to just say that she changed her mind because she got a scum role. It may be possible, but frankly I doubt it.

DV's rvs vote seemed serious. No doubt about this. While I find it interesting to end the rvs stage as soon as possible, the reasons of DV's vote were odd. Trying to go for an easy lynch, or just wanting to trigger a discussion and get this game started ? Or maybe it is some smart distancing? It seems like you both have a history, and I don't like meta-gaming interfering.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Fennin »

In post 81, Slandaar wrote:I did not understand why painted couldn't consider the theory, its weak and completely depends on what role she prefers playing and even then it might not even be relevant it might just be she could play for whatever reason, but the reasoning behind its pretty good I mean she could have replaced out if she wanted, so shes seen her role and decided to stay in, ok, thats cool, but there is a slight chance the role helped to make her decision. it completely looked like scum jumping to buddys aid, there was no reason to come out guns blazing against that reasoning.

While this is possible, you forget to point out in your theory that she could have received another active role, on town's side, and wanting to stay in because of it? It seems you are only focusing on her possible scum role.

In post 85, DeasVail wrote:Skenvoy doesn't like being power roles by the way. At least that's what she's told me. I also know that she has wanted to be in a game as scum, since she has been town a lot recently. I don't why you can't accept that I had a fair reason to slightly suspect someone during RVS.

That's a little bit more solid and fits the theory. I don't know Skenvoy, but I have a bad feeling about this. Now you could be trying to mislead us too. That's why I hate meta-gaming issues.

In post 86, monk wrote:You guys are arguing over whether Sken and Painted are buddies and focusing on Painted, meanwhile Sken is not getting the attention she deserves.

I disagree. The votes are not telling it but the main subject here is Sken.

In post 93, Skenvoy wrote:PFOD, STOP FREAKING DEFENDING ME. I CAN DO IT MYSELF.At the moment, I have a town read on Deasveil, cause he's playing completely differently to the way he's played a scum. Slandaar's sticking out a lot, and I think scum would play more cautiously at this stage of the game.

The change of style could be done on purpose. Or did you play a lot of games together? Meta-gaming again ... :/

In post 94, Metabot wrote:On the other, there are plenty of people, like me, who could be slightly lurking either because of real life issues
or something else entirely
. Thus, to attempt to be somewhat productive in this discussion, I will try to give an objective view on their behavior:

Like what for example? Being scum?

VOTE: Metabot

I'd like to hear more from you. And since you are not V/LA I think you might have time to answer.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Fennin »

In post 122, J wrote:
Your reasoning against Metabot is ick ick ick to me. You are voting him for a word contortion you created by putting words into his mouth in an almost joking matter. You go the entire post saying stuff about how Sken is the person of interest, addresse a few odd posts but don't do much of anything with them. You also say that you would like to hear more from Metabot.....where are the questions to help that? It seems counter-productive to say you want more from him but just leave it at that. What exactly do you wanna hear from him? I don't like that little stick it to him you did based on "Since you are not on V/LA you should answer me."

I'm putting on vote down on Metabot to attract attention. I found the bolded part of my previous Metabot's quote suspicious, nothing more. Well at least Metabot understood that :

In post 169, Metabot wrote:Fair enough. Voteprods will get my attention.

UNVOTE: Metabot

In post 130, DeasVail wrote:I've got null on Fennin at the moment, but Fennin, why was Skenvoy the main subject?

In post 176, Noramp wrote:Why do you believe Sken is the main subject beyond meta reasons since you seem to not like using meta

Answering both questions at the same time : Right after the RVS there was a debate about Skenvoy outing for this game but then staying, followed by a theory that she could be scum because she had said that she'd like to be scum in a future game due to always being town and that this may have motivated her to stay. She commented on that and I just answered this quote :

In post 86, monk wrote:You guys are arguing over whether Sken and Painted are buddies and focusing on Painted,
meanwhile Sken is not getting the attention she deserves.

In post 182, don_johnson wrote:hm. don't like this. why would focus on outing a town role? its called "scumhunting". not "townhunting". but whatevz.

You got it wrong. Read the first pages again, about the theory that Sken could be scum. I simply stated that it wasn't a solid theory because she could also have been motivated to stay in the game due to another role than scum. Nothing more to add to this.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Fennin »

In post 188, Slandaar wrote:Fennin might be scum, hmmm.

And you are posting this without any reasoning behind it?

In post 198, don_johnson wrote:meh. i was looking for clarification. fennin's post was a) completely irrelevant, and b) not very clear imo. irrelevant because the argument is not and never has been about deas' original vote or his reasoning. we(except you) all agreed the reasoning was weak, but logical and not scummy. why fennin addressed this at all is beyond me. but its not something worth arguing over. i was looking for clarification. its done.

If it was completely irrelevant, why asking for clarifications? and the way you asked for clarifications seems scummy. Trying to make me appear town hunting when that's never been the case.

VOTE: don_johnson
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Fennin »

Sorry for my absence, I’m not surprised that I may look scummy at this stage to most of you because my lack of scumhunting. But I’m surprised that there are no other votes against me. I really expected that I’d have to claim when reading today, because I only partly skimmed this thread. I’ll take time to re read everything and take part in the scumhunt.

In post 211, don_johnson wrote:if it was "scummy", why didn't you say so in the first place? you realize you have done nothing in this game, right?

Yes I admit but I should be more active from now on. It's my 2nd game and my #1st newbie game is still running. Pace is really different.

In post 243, DeltaWave wrote:(4) Fennin - You reacted negatively to Slandaar saying "Fennin might be scum" in #206. From a town perspective, everyone might be scum unless there's an investigative report to the contrary. Why does this provoke a negative reaction out of you?

Because this came out of nowhere, or at least it is an accusation without any reasons with it.

UNVOTE: DJ
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Fennin »

Ok, from now on I should be more active. Here are my observations:

Skenvoy voted Painted before the game even begun. When it is confirmed the game has started, switched her vote to [J]. DeasVail voted for Skenvoy by just telling he believes she is slightly more scum than the others. Painted reacted and seemed to defend Skenvoy. He didn’t hesitate to accuse others of being scum when they voted Skenvoy. As I see it, Skenvoy tried to distance herself in the RVS (that didn’t even started yet) and when Painted “defended” her, she got upset and asked to stop. Well, there is no other way for her to ask Painted to stop since scum can only communicate at night.

Then there were a lot of discussions going on about the inactives and lurkers. I feel like it was a smart way to attract attention elsewhere. Not really smart to vote for inactives since they will get replaced sooner or later. The fact I defended Skenvoy after she asked Painted to stop it triggered something interesting. Skenvoy tries to attract the attention on me.

Unfortunately, the fact that I wasn’t very much active and that my weak attack on Metabot failed makes me look scummy too, or at least not committed to the game. That should change.

So top scumreads are Skenvoy and Painted. I find DJ scummy too but that can be the way he plays this game. I have strong townreads on Deasvail and Slandaar.

VOTE: Skenvoy
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Fennin »

In post 399, J wrote:Why are people not voting Fennin more?

Most of them are not willing to lynch a townie based on what you say. But I have to admit that I'm also surprised to not see more votes on me, due to my previous weak attack on Metabot and also due to me lurking and skimming for the past few days. You can't deny the fact that Sken and Painted have a strong link. A link that is looking pretty scummy so far. You may have asked people to take a close look at my ISO but it's Sken who insisted again. Would make sense eh, she wouldn't tell Painted to stop defending her and not tell me, since I did the same previously. Or her distancing would be too obvious. But it only seems obvious to the ones who are voting her, and not you.

My scum picks the same as everyone else? If that was the case, Sken would already have been lynched.

Good luck trying to attract votes on me. I think people aren't that stupid to just vote against a former inactive/lurker who is going to post more.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Fennin »

In post 403, DeasVail wrote:I feel very unsure of Fennin, especially since his reads are very similar to mine, but I'm not very suspicious of him right now. I'd be most happy with a Skenvoy or Painted lynch today.

Doesn't that comfort you by knowing that someone else shares your opinions? Seriously, you were the one who triggered the Skenvoy/Painted episode. Like I said earlier, it's the only interesting content I saw in this game so far.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Fennin »

In post 443, DeasVail wrote:I put IS on because if he's left alive he'll probably be all like "Deas is scum!" the whole game which would be totally useless, though scum will probably kill him (if he's town) to throw suspicion on me. (In any case, he could be scum and I wouldn't mind lynching him.)

That comment was necessary. For what it's worth, that could be a big pile of WIFOM.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Fennin »

As for me, I stated who I found scummy and on who I had a strong townread. But it seems I didn't spend enough resources on the DV/IS case and I'll take closer look tomorrow.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Fennin »

In post 407, Skenvoy wrote:The other thing about this post? BUDDYING. It's nothing else - you say "Hooray, we share opinions, that's comforting!" and "Well done on triggering the only interesting thing in the game so far!"
This post actually enforces my townread on DV, as I can't see scum buddying together like this.

In post 450, Skenvoy wrote:I could actually see a DV/Fennin/Metabot scumteam. Based on their play so far and their interactions.I don't have a lot of conviction on DV as scum by himself, though. I'll just be supasuspicious of him if when Fennin and/or Metabot flip scum.

Contradicting yourself there? You are not scure about DV being scum, but if I'd flip scum, you'd be a lot more suspicious of him? Based on what? Him not voting me? Really interesting since you said that you had a strong townread on DV and that our "interaction" was only me buddying up with DV.

You never thought that we could actually be both town? That's a narrow way of thinking you have there Sken ...

Can we have a votecount please?
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Fennin »

Since Sken isn't going to get lynched, and that I linked her with Painted for being scum :

VOTE: Painted
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Fennin »

Sorry for not being present the past few days. I got a prod and asked for a replacement because I can't keep up with with the game, I'm not used to high paced games like this one. My others game are slower so easy to keep up with. I think I won't get replaced before day 2 (or maybe I will if day 1 is extended)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”