Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

Delta what was your case on painted again?

Scummiest player in thread? tons of alarm bells? you want him lynched? then push the lynch.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:16 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Slandaar, what do you find odd about trying to get everyone engaged in the Day One discussion? In my experience, the information collected in D1 tends to be the most useful down the road. I want to make sure that everyone participates. I see nothing odd about poking lurkers to get them to respond.

You're living in the past, man. Painted was the scummiest player in the thread at the time I made that comment, but times change. Painted made some excellent points against DJ that are making me question his scumminess. Then DV comes along and says he'll support a lynch of almost everyone in the game, even though all those people can't possibly be scum. I have a trifecta of scumminess on my hands. The deadline is coming up, though, so a decision must be made soon. The possibility of DV being scum is attractive, but I don't know if that's only because "Painted v. DJ" is causing me headaches.

Slandaar, what's your opinion of a DV lynch today?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Slandaar »

im sure i wrote post #423, could be wrong though...
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:59 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 427, Slandaar wrote:im sure i wrote post #423, could be wrong though...

I want something more solid out of you. The tone of #423 suggests, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are throwing some suspects out there because the deadline is approaching. I want to know if you really think that DV et al. are scum, or if you think these are just the best candidates and you have to make a decision because of the deadline. Scum love deadlines because it lets them use the deadline as an excuse later and it hides their thought processes. I'm presumptively suspicious of those who use the deadline in this way. So give me something clearer.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Slandaar »

lol i will give you something clearer

Delta is scum

VOTE: DeltaWave
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 426, DeltaWave wrote:I have a trifecta of scumminess on my hands. The deadline is coming up, though, so a decision must be made soon. The possibility of DV being scum is attractive, but I don't know if that's only because "Painted v. DJ" is causing me headaches.

In post 428, DeltaWave wrote:
I want something more solid out of you. The tone of #423 suggests, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are throwing some suspects out there because the deadline is approaching. I want to know if you really think that DV et al. are scum, or if you think these are just the best candidates and you have to make a decision because of the deadline. Scum love deadlines because it lets them use the deadline as an excuse later and it hides their thought processes. I'm presumptively suspicious of those who use the deadline in this way. So give me something clearer.

Odd. 426 has the very same tone... Doesnt make sense, if you are town and are thinking in a similar vain to me why show suspicion towards me? nope, you are scum.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:20 am

Post by DeltaWave »

You're a little twitchy there, Slandaar, voting me at the first sign of pressure. Am I asking questions that bother you? It sounds like I hit a nerve somewhere. Your post is very telling... you're wondering why I show suspicion toward you... I don't know, perhaps this is mafia, and it's Day One, and nobody's been confirmed town by a flip or investigative report? Your logic is questionable. What bothers you about being suspected? Why so defensive?

Anyway, your argument is invalid. When I do vote, I will stand behind my vote. The deadline may accelerate my thought processes, but I won't hide behind it, as you implied that you would do in 423.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Slandaar »

Delta says:

'Im not sure i find these 3 scummy but im still deciding'

BUT also expects me to

'take a super solid stance on who is scum.'

In other words:

'I can be undecided but you cant!'

Means he has to be scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Slandaar »

I still want to see this case on painted... does it not exist? hes the scummiest player ringing all kinds of alarm bells but delta cant show one thing that makes him scummy???

Odd
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:58 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Slandaar, I have no problem with people being undecided. Happens to me all the time; in fact, I feel somewhat undecided right now, although I'm starting to get quite a bit more critical of you. What I do have a problem with, though, is hiding behind a deadline. This is why our positions are fundamentally different. I say that I'm having a hard time deciding. That's okay. But you are focused on the deadline, and it sounds like you want to use that deadline as a prompt for who you will vote for. That's behavior I have a problem with, because if you are scum, it allows you to hide tomorrow. All you have to do is say, "It came down to the deadline, I had to vote... oops he was town, but those are the breaks." I'm sure you can see why I'm suspicious of you. I've seen scum use tactics like that before, so it's a red flag.

I explained my position on Painted pages ago; much has developed since then and you seem to be living completely in the past. Try looking at recent events. What benefit does it serve you to go and take an old position, that I made a long time ago, and hold it out to be my position now? Are you intentionally trying to misrep me here, or is it an accident?

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Slandaar »

the post you are talking about has no mention of deadlines and does not suggest in anyway thats why im thinking of those 3 people ... surely if deadline was a consideration i would be thinking about voting a main wagon and not looking at you and DV still.

You explained your position on painted and still have failed to show one reason you think hes scum. Thats not misrep, its fact. Not showing why you think someone is scum and previously saying hes super scummy ringing tons of alarm bells is absolutely scummy.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:01 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I explained why I found Painted scummy; for the most part, others had made the case before me so I wasn't going to repeat it, but I referred to the Skenvoy/Painted interaction earlier in the game.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Slandaar »

Well, you still find him scummy show me why he is.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:57 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 437, Slandaar wrote:Well, you still find him scummy show me why he is.

Painted's knee jerk reactions in the first three pages of the game are reason enough to be suspicious of him. But the case on Painted has pretty much gone stale in the last ten pages, and Painted's case against DJ gave him some townpoints in my eyes.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

hmm, im still around. The first few pages are meaningless garbage anyways, but ill read up on all the incessant one liners and see if something fruitful comes up during the read.

I will at least say something later today, even if its just to deride somebody for being stupid.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Deas is the scum. Im not changing my vote.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Skenvoy »

Too much to comment on and so little time. I'll be on again in around 15 hours, and I'll post my thoughts then.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

Er, what I meant is that we need a lynch today, but if anyone who isn't on my list is the leading wagon, I'd rather no lynch than lynch them, so I won't vote for them.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

I put IS on because if he's left alive he'll probably be all like "Deas is scum!" the whole game which would be totally useless, though scum will probably kill him (if he's town) to throw suspicion on me. (In any case, he could be scum and I wouldn't mind lynching him.)

Metabot doesn't really say much at all and he is kinda scummy- so I wouldn't mind lynching him.

DJ- If he was the wagon I might actually not vote for him, as my suspicion of him has lessened.

DW- Because monk was very scummy in my opinion before replacing out and I do suspect Delta enough so that I would vote for him.

Now, what I don't get is why people suspect me. Can anyone explain how any of my actions means I'm likely to be scum?
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Fennin »

In post 443, DeasVail wrote:I put IS on because if he's left alive he'll probably be all like "Deas is scum!" the whole game which would be totally useless, though scum will probably kill him (if he's town) to throw suspicion on me. (In any case, he could be scum and I wouldn't mind lynching him.)

That comment was necessary. For what it's worth, that could be a big pile of WIFOM.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Fennin »

As for me, I stated who I found scummy and on who I had a strong townread. But it seems I didn't spend enough resources on the DV/IS case and I'll take closer look tomorrow.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 444, Fennin wrote:
In post 443, DeasVail wrote:I put IS on because if he's left alive he'll probably be all like "Deas is scum!" the whole game which would be totally useless, though scum will probably kill him (if he's town) to throw suspicion on me. (In any case, he could be scum and I wouldn't mind lynching him.)

That comment was necessary. For what it's worth, that could be a big pile of WIFOM.

Yes, it would be WIFOU, but it would nonetheless increase suspicion on me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

or WIFOY, whichever you prefer
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Noramp »

Right now my top three are Painted, IS, and Fennin

Gunna read thru DV and see what IS was talking about in terms of altering his playstyle.
Yarr Owlbear!
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:16 am

Post by Skenvoy »

Metabot doesn't really say much at all and he is kinda scummy- so I wouldn't mind lynching him.

DJ- If he was the wagon I might actually not vote for him, as my suspicion of him has lessened.

DW- Because monk was very scummy in my opinion before replacing out and I do suspect Delta enough so that I would vote for him.

Now, what I don't get is why people suspect me. Can anyone explain how any of my actions means I'm likely to be scum?

This post is pretty much the first one I've really disliked from you, DV.

Firstly, you don't want IS alive - but not because you think he's scum, because he suspects you. That's weak OMGUS, right there.

Again, you're waffling on metabot - if either of you turns out scum, I'm looking at the other.

Also, that question at the end....gaaaah.

Couple of questions.
a) Do you think Fennin is scum?
b) Why do you refuse to consider the idea that I'm town, when 1) you admit it's mostly based on meta, and 2) that meta is from another site with a different playstyle and pace?

In post 444, Fennin wrote:

......why was that comment 'necessary'? I don't see how it is. Why did you feel the need to mention it - before anyone questioned him on it?

Also - CAN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, PLEASE? You haven't answered a single one - go back, iso me, and ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. Please.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”