Well, this "new" infor
ma
tion certainly changes my
f
eel for the game, and
I
t
a
ke back everything bad I ever said about anyone and/or their mothers.

Notcie how he clearly is leaving the message that he is mafia with those strategically placed letters.

Actually i am more suspiscious of mathcam than anyone else. He is a wealth of information...mostly all bad. He brought up the idea of the mafia being incompetent after lynching jadesmar...possibly trying to get suspicions onto new players. He then wanted a cop to come forth on day 2 and then conveniently misread the dead list and tried to get the cop to come out today. There just seems to be sooo much coming from him and very few good ideas (and several that are down right bad for the town).

vote: mathcam

Now tell me why I'm wrong since I didn't do the most thorough of readings (skimmed many posts) and likely missed a lot.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #155 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:57 am

Post by mikegoo »

Would all of you happy go lucky bandwagoners please point out what the suspicions against me (Lystrodom) cause i must have missed it. It's hard to defend oneself against mathcam who has made 72 thousand different comments votes and accusations...and somehow I become his thoguht for yesterday...baffling really. I also suppose I should defend against the all mighty Cuban list which managed to hit once. I forget are we playing a game where logic and reasons lead or where we blindly follow the first guy to accidentally hit a mafia member? Ok then...here is my defense...piss off, Cuban is wrong.

That said, feel free to lynch me to gain information on voting patterns as I am a mere townie and my death will not hurt the town that much...I haven't been able to get much of a read on the game by quickly going over the thread and don't feel like my insights are all that great (yet).
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #162 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:56 am

Post by mikegoo »

Ok...I'll go along with the Beaudoin idea.
unvote: mathcam, vote: beaudoin
I was never really all that suspicious of mathcam, but survival instinct had mathcam looking suspcious to the most people up to that point so i thought I would give it a try before revealing my role. I have seen saberkitty play worse (unintentionally) as a mafia member and manage to not get killed by being so bad, but I don't think mathcam is doing that.

Cuban I honestly can say I am impressed with your play. You have managed to get most of the town (the vocal ones atleast) going along with your list having presented zero REASONS why you are getting a bad vibe about them. This takes skill.

I've reread all of the thread trying to figure out how to disarm the suspicions against me (not trying to find other suspicious subjects) and I honestly am not sure where they come from, as no one has stated any other than "I get a bad feeling about him". Lystrodom was very inconsistent (something I don't usually see mafia members doing). Reading through the thread Lystrodom (from all 9 of his posts) really seemed like a clueless townie trying to participate as best he could with the limited information available and changing his mind and throwing out random crap as more posts were made. This is of course coming from someone who is looking at the posts and knows Lystrodom is a townie (biased). Now I'm rambling...I'll stop now.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #186 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:10 pm

Post by mikegoo »

vote: werebear
I don't have any strong suspicions at this point. MathewV's behavior yesterday makes me not too worried about him being mafia which is why I didn't join CS's first vote...I have no problems with this one though.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #194 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:33 pm

Post by mikegoo »

I'll buy it...
unvote werebear
...and process of elimination leaves me wanting to
vote sugar
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #199 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:59 am

Post by mikegoo »

Now I'm asking myself...would Jeep make a game with a cop, a pseudo cop, a full doc, and a super doc (having "only" six use anytime saves is very powerful IMO)? Answer...I don't know. It seems unbalanced to me, but I haven't put much tought into balancing mini games.

Anyone else have tohughts on this?
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #208 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:36 am

Post by mikegoo »

I believe "I" was more concerned with why quercitron would come out on day one for no reason and claim townie and stated repeatedly that while "I" didn't really think he was guilty it was a strange enough move that it seemed worht looking at.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #217 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:41 pm

Post by mikegoo »

I'm going to cry if there are 4 mafia. I agree that it is unlikely, but with 2 docs and 2 investigative roles it is entirely possible...it would make the CS offing 2 family members idea work...we didn't land on the moon ...Kennedy was killed by the mafia, the CIA, and a group of rogue girl scouts ...ummm....riiiigghhhtt.

I'll go with the plan and
unvote: sugar, vote no lynch
it seems very reasonable.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #228 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:24 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Bleh...not what I had in mind for the start of the day either.

Crazy idea (not sure where this one is coming from and am darn sure that it is completely useless)... killer who only wants to kill the doc (or anyone who claims to be a doc). Now of course I have no way of seeing how he could win the game, but it's fun to think about these things.

Ok, back to the drawing board.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #230 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:07 am

Post by mikegoo »

If there is only one killing role left and the town misses its lynch today (provided Werebear didn't save his last save and is trying to mislead the mafia) don't we lose?
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #233 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:26 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Sorry...I meant miss as in lynch a townie.

Werebear left out the remote possibility of a bizarre SK type role being left and a mafia in which case waiting is our only hope of winning.

I would be able to make a better informed decision tomorrow...I have three people to choose from and am suspicious of all of you. Tomorrow I will have "better odds" of getting the last mafia member. I say this knowing full well that I will live through the night...only a moronic mafia member would choose to kill me off, I'm the easy target for a lynch right now.

As for the druggy doc thing...I can't imagine why he would go for the extra protection (provided this is the case) if he knew death was a possibility since we had so much of an advantage which is why I've been trying to figure out another alternative.

Waiting appears to be our best bet.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #241 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:53 pm

Post by mikegoo »

vote no lynch
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #248 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:23 am

Post by mikegoo »

I suspect this will be a futile effort as you both have expressed doubts about me , but here goes.

Werebear is my bet for scum. First off I don't think werebear's role claim of hex doc (Jeep is more creative than that, he would have found a way to make that kind of role fit the theme) is any good...2 investigative roles and 2 doctor roles is way too powerful for the town in a 12 player game end of story.

The voting records are inconclusive...Werebear hasn't voted for a mafia member even once this game (which is either very careful townie voting or the minimalist play I've come to assosciate with a mafia member, note he did not really get involved in the game discussions until he had to), while most of Sugar (and my votes for that matter) can either be taken as good townie or crafty mafia...take day 2 for Sugar...has the lead for votes, unvotes the second place person and adds a vote to nyar (mafia scum), this could either be seen as Sugar trying to catch a bad guy and not caring about dying, or as Sugar giving up and attempting to add a badguy vote to a fellow bad guy to make them look better...I consider the first more likely. For me look at day 3...I placed the second vote on Beaudoin (mafia scum) self preservation? following CS to look good and hopefully survive until the end ofthe game so I can make this post? Inconclusive for you 2.

I'll wait to hear from Sugar but really only out of courtesy.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #250 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:43 am

Post by mikegoo »

My impression of Sugar if he is the scum and I have misread everything:
"Wow, this is going to be the easiest last day win ever!"
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #251 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:49 am

Post by mikegoo »

err... I thik I screwed gender up again in the last post...blah, hate it when that happens
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #255 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:21 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Obligitory "do it and we loose Sugar" post time.
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #256 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:34 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Last real attempt then I leave it up to Sugar.

Honestly though Sugar, how is Werebear's role claim completely believable...look at Jeep's other games and note the names he gives his roles. He always comes up with a better name than "Hex Doc"...they are always town oriented or at least fit the mafia theme like Mafia Master of Disguise...Hex Doctor just doesn't fit in.

How do his "protections" clinch his innocence? If you knew your role could use multiple protections in one night later in the game would you waste one night 1 or night 2 in a crap shoot? Werebear is a far better player than that...notice how he convieniently runs out of protections when the town could really use them...and the last one magically didn't work.

Think of game balance...do 2 docs and 2 investigators not unbalance the game...I don't see how you can find Werebear's claim any more believable than me.

Now I know you have both have expressed suspicions of me, but noone has ever pointed to what it was that made them think this. It seems like it was a thoguht virus...first one then 2 then a lot of people are suspicious of me and no one has ever presented a legitimate reason.

vote: Werebear
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #260 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:00 pm

Post by mikegoo »

Since I've been playing this day under the assumption Jeep doesn't do any of that silly confirm vote on the last day crap.

Who do you think is the scum Werebear?
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #269 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:09 am

Post by mikegoo »

Bleh. I don't think it was possible for me to win on the last day. I wasn't sure who was good or bad and I could not come up with an arguement against Sugar that was very convincing . The best I could come up with was "Sugar has not stumbled once all game...hasn't started any bandwagons...always voted against the mafia...oh wait, that all fits me as well" so I went for the Werebear. I was really just trying to get reactions from both of them and wasn't gonig to vote...until Werebear went ahead and voted making Sugar the winner if she was scum so I crossed my fingers and voted...and then Jeep didn't even let me be the lone townie :(

Well played Sugar.

Good game Jeep, but I still think using the title Hex Doc or whatever goes against your usual form and i refuse to play in any of your games for at least 12 minutes :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”