he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:40 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Vote: Elyse

1.)
TKoE, what prompted you to sign up for this game?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #69 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
In post 48, TKoE wrote:What prompted
you
to sign up for this game?

I recently died in my other game. I prefer Normal games. I like Equinox. I like LlamaFluff.

2.)
Since I did not like Elyse's first post ("Poor Marquis"), I decided to check up on her use of the phrase "poor [player]" in case it was a thing she often says when players die. It is not, unless she varies her phrasing. I found two other instances, though:

~
a.)
Mini #1584, Elyse is Werewolf, taunting protown player in endgame ("Poor Aneninen").
~
b.)
Mini #1596, Elyse is Mafia, taunting protown player in midgame ("Poor thing, sorry you got caught").

I would guess Elyse has a habit of taunting / antagonizing players as scum (and here, it could be a "nyah-nyah, I killed you"). If anything, I like her first post less after looking into it.

3.)
Elyse, please explain why Supreme Overlord's Post #33 'rubbed you the wrong way'?

4.)
MattP, you posted plenty of 'content' at the beginning of Prozac's Basic Theme 4: Murder in Marlowe, which is the game I assume curiouskarmadog was referencing. In that game you replaced in as scum, you were lynched Day One, and Marquis was voting for you. On a quick skim, it looks like you posted a good deal at the start and eventually fell behind -- meaning that if this is a meta we can apply to you, it can really only be done after the test of time.

You made this argument at least once before as Town in a Blitz Game (Blitz 8.9), but you did so on Page 47. Why are you trying to make a similar argument here on Page 3?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Raskolnikov, please answer LlamaFluff's question in Post #47.

Your "impatience" is especially strange since in the
ten minutes
before your post there were three votes thrown down by three players.

2.)
Alchemist21, I find it
exceedingly
hard to believe you "concluded that MattP is Town" by Post #28 of the game. Why did you use this language in Post #55 to explain your switch in focus from MattP to Elyse?

3.)
In post 74, MattP wrote:
In post 69, petroleumjelly wrote:You made this argument at least once before as Town in a Blitz Game (Blitz 8.9), but you did so on Page 47. Why are you trying to make a similar argument here on Page 3?

This is a silly logical point. Why should I say it on page 47 and not on page 3?

No, it
is
the point. Your argument is that you lurk as scum and that you are not lurking in this game and therefore you are not scum. Page 3 is far too early to make a determination on whether you are prone to lurking in this game as opposed to page 47.

4.)
In post 105, Raskolnikov wrote:Is being over-defensive really not alignment indicative guys?

It can be.

5.)
Elyse, you can search a player's posts by going to their profile and clicking "Search user's posts."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #132 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Quick post.

1.)
In post 111, Alchemist21 wrote:@pj; I'm not sure what you're asking. Is there a specific word choice you're curious about?

Why (or "how") did you "conclude that MattP was Town" by Post 28 of the game? As opposed to something more reasonable like, "I understood what MattP was saying/doing."

A minor issue here is that your stated reasoning for MattP being Town (from Post #62) does not seem to withstand scrutiny. You basically state that if LlamaFluff is Town and being framed with a nightkill, MattP-scum would not be scum because he "brought it up." And if LlamaFluff is Scum, MattP-scum would not "point it out." Therefore regardless of LlamaFluff's alignment MattP is Town. The problem is that MattP said he was not serious about his suggestion, which invalidates both lines of logic. And yet it is only after his admission of not being serious that you "concluded" he is Town. Not really looking for a response on this minor point, I am already getting disinterested just typing this out. (But please
do
respond to the question above).

2.)
Aj The Epic, please answer Elyse's question:

In post 97, Aj The Epic wrote:I feel like scum-elyse is a shade-thrower over an active accuser. I think her post was more just wrong/lack of knowledge as opposed to scum.

In post 104, Elyse wrote:What post of mine is a lack of knowledge? The one where I called Matt over defensive?

3.)
Supreme Overlord, thoughts on TKoE?

~

I will have to get to other things later.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #162 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Unvote: Elyse

Vote: Aj The Epic
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #199 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:07 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
In post 175, OceanWind wrote:
In post 13, petroleumjelly wrote:
1.)
TKoE, what prompted you to sign up for this game?

What did you get out of this question and response?

I was concerned that TKoE might be an alt account for Supreme Overlord. They both signed up for the game around the same time (with TKoE having to wait for account approval), they both posted in this game within minutes of each other, and they are both from Queensland, Australia. I was trying to probe the subject as inoffensively as possible. I also sent a note to the Mod on the subject just in case. TKoE's response addressed my concern just fine.

2.)
All votes do not have to be immediately accompanied by reasoning, and it is
not
bad form to vote in such a manner. As for my Aj The Epic vote:

First, I do not like his exaggerated early Alchemist21 case, particularly the "I feel like your next post you'll declare there to be no scum in the game."

Second, he harped too much on "getting out of RVS" and "gaining information" as a justification for his Alchemist21 vote. He annoyingly tried to use a "logician" tone throughout this portion, not unlike Alchemist21. His reasoning ("Alchemist21 was stopping game progression" and being "counterproductive") for his vote was self-defeating. Namely, Alchemist21 asking questions
also
"progressed the game," just in a different direction from MattP's suggestion.

Third, he did not until recently explain his "shade-thrower" and "wrong/lack of knowledge" comments about Elyse. Granted the question towards him was technically "what post are you talking about," but I thought the fact that I wanted an explanation was obvious.

Fourth, he seemed overly concerned with the Elyse "wagon" (three votes).

Fifth, his "what do I gain from buddying you?" was awkward and seems written from the wrong perspective. As a note, although it came after my vote, his follow-up response with LlamaFluff on the subject (i.e., arguing that LlamaFluff must also think Elyse is Town because of the term "buddying" instead of "defending") is
also
awkward and
also
seems written from the wrong perspective. It's very "gotcha!" and ignores the point.

3.)
Aj The Epic, what did you mean by this post?

In post 131, Aj The Epic wrote:I'm not too happy with the Elyse wagon thus far. I had thought it just spurred up but the votes have been sitting there all game (besides CKD). On the wagon, Supreme Overlord is the primary offender of 'your vote is seriously outdated'. While I understand a bit of where PetroleumJelly is coming from, I read the first post basically tone deaf and didn't see it as condescending.
Certainly wouldn't make sense considering VTs have no way to block NKs anyways.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #203 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:22 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

In post 201, Aj The Epic wrote:It doesn't make sense to taunt a VT for dying when they can't stop it and have had nothing to do with the game on N0.

Why not bring up this initially? And why do you think that the issue of pointing out "buddying" over "defending" is irrelevant? I was proving to Llama that even (s)he (think it's he) was considering Elyse town in their own language.

Have you caught up?

1.)
I am caught up. Yes, I have seem your claim. No, I do not find it very compelling.

2.)
I did not bring up my reasoning for my vote initially because it is a playstyle choice.

3.)
Your "buddying" v "defending" Elyse semantics is ignoring the point, not completely "irrelevant." The concern being addressed by your potential "buddying" is whether or not you are scum,
not
whether or not Elyse is Town. You try to use the implied assumption of Elyse being "Town" as a justification for your defense of her (i.e., "if she is Town it is a good thing I defended her"). That ignores the problem (i.e., scum like to defend Town). The "wagon" on her was small (three votes) and not being pushed towards a lynch, making your defense of her very out-of-place. You followed it up with a clinical and utilitarian dissection ("what benefit / why bother buddying?") which feels very unnatural, and also sidesteps the point there are
many
reasons scum 'buddy up' to players.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #205 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:00 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

In post 204, Aj The Epic wrote:I don't really care if you find my claim compelling.

As I stated in my larger post before claiming, I don't like the WK'ing that comes through right as someone is about to be lynched. If it's bad, stop it early. I don't see how waiting for a wagon to develop to become some foregone conclusion only then to defend it is town. I took the correct action by attacking it early. What I find ironic is that your entire post here is basically playing off the fact that you wanted Elyse lynched by saying there's no problem of Elyse being 'town' (wtf is this?) but rather my defending her when YOU WERE VOTING HER for what I think is largely an asinine reason.

There is no irony, and you are again missing the point. You are also conflating a vote with "wanting somebody lynched." Besides just lynching, votes can be used for pressure, shifting momentum, making a point.

Further, players can simultaneously call Elyse scummy and also accuse you of budding Elyse. The two might seem "mutually exclusive" from an overly strict logical perspective, but in terms of scumhunting they are not. We are not currently trying to tie all of the scum into a neat package.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #210 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

In post 209, MattP wrote:
In post 203, petroleumjelly wrote:
1.)
I am caught up. Yes, I have seem your claim. No, I do not find it very compelling.

Why is it not compelling? You don't think it's a dangerous fakeclaim?

A power role is the most likely thing scum will claim if pushed to claim. And here, Aj The Epic has already stated that he thinks claiming Townie would result in him getting lynched (see Post #196 and Post #197).

The question is not one of "danger"; if Aj The Epic is scum, the point of claiming Doctor would both be to potentially survive but also an attempt to draw out any protective roles. It's one way to go down swinging. To some extent, I actually think claiming Doctor in this situation is somewhat of a scumtell. I am not really a subscriber to JEEPtells, but I tend to agree with him on this topic.

You insinuate in Post #206 that a Doctor is "not amazing enough to draw out" before being lynched, and this is flatly incorrect. Scum's
first
concern is often to kill any protective roles. If scum get a counterclaim from a Cop, for example, they would then immediately have to worry about protective roles. Being rid of those protective roles first gives peace of mind in killing suspected power roles afterwards.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #214 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

This is what I can gather about Aj The Epic's thoughts on fake-claiming Doctor:

Aj The Epic, in Street Racers of New York, [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4618690#p4618690]Post 964[/url] wrote:If I was going to fake claim as scum day 1, I'd definitely fake claim doctor and draw the counterclaim for my scum team.

Aj The Epic, in Mini Normal 1711, [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7256634#p7256634]Post 636[/url] wrote:[If I was scum I would claim Cop...] or Doctor, probably. I haven't read the thread outside of looking at my predecessor's Iso. The slot's basically at your guy's mercy anyways, so I'd probably try to draw out a counter claim for buddies to pick off.

And I am not treating this as black-and-white. I do not like Aj The Epic's play. I do not like Aj The Epic's claim. If he is Town, his role is effectively useless. As indicated above, Aj The Epic clearly has a strong tendency of at least trying to help out his scumteam in the situation where he thinks he is going to be lynched.

There is a fair chance I will ultimately unvote, in the hopes that
if
he is Town he will be nightkilled and thereby I might avoid pushing a mislynch. I never particularly
enjoy
pushing to lynch a claimed power role. But right now I think the chances of him being scum are higher than the chances of him being a Doctor.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #239 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
In post 233, Aj The Epic wrote:PJ's two votes, Elyse and mine, are bad in the context of each other.

Could you go into more detail?

2.)
Supreme Overlord, what do you think of Aj The Epic? Please go into detail.

3.)
Aj The Epic, what do you think of Supreme Overlord? You recently listed him as Town and that you had already explained your read on him:

In post 230, Aj The Epic wrote:Town: MattP, Supreme, Llama, Elyse
Town Lean: Ocean Wind
Null: Alchemist, TKoE, CKD
Scum: Rask, PJ

I've explained Elyse, Supreme, Rask and PJ. I think CKD might be town even though I believe his vote for Elyse was a bit of an overreaction. Ocean's posts have been good thus far, but I'm a bit worried with how many questions there are to the actual added statements and assertions.

But here is what you have said about Supreme Overlord:

In post 131, Aj The Epic wrote:I'm not too happy with the Elyse wagon thus far. I had thought it just spurred up but the votes have been sitting there all game (besides CKD). On the wagon, Supreme Overlord is the primary offender of 'your vote is seriously outdated'...

Supreme is still the worst offender of overstaying a questionable/early vote with no future support to that in his iso. Two sentences towards Elyse on 'have you been scumhunting at all; and not pressing any farther doesn't constitute. Probably scum, given his weak stances all around. To see this as the primary wagon thus far is a bit egregious, since it's creeping along for no real reason outside Jelly's trend spotting.

In post 182, Aj The Epic wrote:Now onto SO. Generally I don't like people waiting to L-1 to start defending them if they're going to do it. It's generally in the area of WK material. However, considering he was prodded there's not much to do with that. Also, his reasons are agreeable so I'd consider him as town. I disagree with both his Elyse and Matt reads.

But I do not understand your Townread. Please go into more detail.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #243 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
I find it interesting that Aj The Epic was originally content to only harp on Raskolnikov's unexplained vote instead of mine in Post #169, but after questioned by Elyse he doubles back and calls my vote "terrible."

This brings me back to a point I have already made. Unexplained votes are not bad.

I find it
exceedingly
hard to believe that Aj the Epic and Supreme Overlord think that the second vote on a player without immediate reasoning given is "terrible" / "not much better [than] hella bad."

My vote was obviously to push things in a new direction and to possibly grab a reaction, as well as moving my vote to my current best guess for scum. Not accompanying every vote with a reason is useful and not uncommon. I can hardly be the only player who employs a strategy of holding back on reasoning for effect. In fact, I had already done as much with my Elyse vote that I only later explained and pursued.

2.)
I also feel like Supreme Overlord and particularly Alchemist21 mentioned my unexplained Aj The Epic more out of necessity and to avoid looking like they were focusing overly much on Raskolnikov's vote, especially in light of Elyse's question.

3.)
I find it mildly curious Aj The Epic claims to have a scumread on me given his stated how-does-this-make-sense-as-scum-philosophy (i.e., "why bother buddying Elyse?").

Specifically, why would I bother posting my reasons for voting
after
Aj The Epic had already claimed Doctor and continue to attack him? I should in theory be content with outing a power role I can safely kill and quietly moving my vote elsewhere. I had all sorts of ways to back myself out of the wagon that I had not even really argued for up to that point. This is only a minor point, since if he is Town I certainly understand the urge to scumread your most vocal detractor.

~

Now:

4.)
Alchemist21, why did you delay asking me why I voted for Aj The Epic?

5.)
Alchmist21, what do you think of Supreme Overlord?

6.)
Alchemist21:

In post 237, Alchemist21 wrote:I'm interested why you think it's scummy that I believe his claim if you would have also unvoted, since believing his claim is the only reason to unvote.

Believing a claim is hardly the only reason to unvote for somebody. In this case in particular -- especially immediately after Aj The Epic claimed -- the best reason to unvote as Town would be the
threat
that you
might
be lynching a power role.

Going from your stance in Post #183 ("I still like my AJ vote" while Aj The Epic was at L-1) to
immediately
"believing his claim" in Post #191 makes it seem like you were interested in justifying keeping your vote in order to get a claim (or potentially a lynch).
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #262 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Unvote: Aj The Epic

Longer post.

1.)
In post 242, Aj The Epic wrote:PJ, in post 182 I was stating that given the circumstances (he was inactive while the wagon ran up and not purposefully waiting), my concern for that wasn't worth it.

Why does the fact that Supreme Overlord was prodded indicate he was
not
purposefully waiting or lurking? Lurkers get prodded all the time. This seems like a very generous reading for Supreme Overlord that you do not seem to extend to other players.

2.)
Supreme Overlord, in response to Post #248:

A claimed Doctor is effectively useless for Town because scum can play kill it or play around it (or nullify it if such a role exists). In this game-state in particular, a single missing nightkill does would not even give us an 'extra lynch' without more.

3.)
In post 249, Supreme Overlord wrote:Actually, petroleumjelly, can you give me any examples of your votes that meet the following criteria?
a) you were town
b) you voted without explanation
c) it was outside RVS

The last game I played in, I started Day Three with an unexplained vote. In that game, the Town Jailkeeper had similarly started Day Two with an unexplained vote on that same player. These votes elicited reactions both times, and were each later explained.

Prior to that, I have not played a game of online mafia in quite a long time. But the last game I played before taking a break was Oldie Mafia, where I also made several initially unexplained votes (Post #939, Post #1149, Post #1524, Post #2195).

The fact that Aj The Epic
initially
ignored my vote is not the point -- it still
could
have gotten a reaction from him. And in fact, it
has
now that he has felt the pressure behind the vote and he has resorted to
attacking
my unexplained vote as "terrible". And you are, too!

Further, what I like perhaps most about a good unexplained vote is that it can get other players to do research for themselves. Obviously my vote was not made without having reasons. The fact that several people drew similar conclusions or had similar reactions as I did without me having to argue it (i.e., without letting other people "sheep"
my
reasoning) is rather indicative.

4.)
In post 255, Alchemist21 wrote:@Pj; People mentioned Rask's vote which prompted me to ask about it. Afterward I looked at the votes in the wagon and noticed your vote was also naked so I asked about it too, which is why there was a delaty between them. I'm not concerned about SO right now. At some point I'll look deeper at him, but now's not the time for me. What kind of reaction were you expecting with your vote if that was the reason? There was already a wagon on AJ with reactions from him on those to look at, and I doubt you actually expected to get no scrutiny for your naked vote.

FoS: Alchemist21

There are multiple things wrong with this post.

->
a.)
Your timeline seems off. So you asked Raskolnikov about his "naked" vote because other people mentioned it. Well, other people had
also
mentioned my "naked vote" (Elyse followed by Supreme Overlord followed by Aj The Epic). Not to mention that you had the opportunity to notice the votes before anybody "talked" about them. It looks to me like your question towards me was tacked on after you realized you would look inconsistent after only asking Raskolnikov.

->
b.)
You
should
be concerned about Supreme Overlord right now. Kindly give me your opinions of him.

->
c.)
Why do you say there was "already a wagon on AJ" when I placed my vote? You were the only person voting for him at the time, and you were not actively pushing it. Am I not reading your comment correctly?

->
d.)
You did not address this:

In post 243, petroleumjelly wrote:Believing a claim is hardly the only reason to unvote for somebody. In this case in particular -- especially immediately after Aj The Epic claimed -- the best reason to unvote as Town would be the
threat
that you
might
be lynching a power role.

Going from your stance in Post #183 ("I still like my AJ vote" while Aj The Epic was at L-1) to
immediately
"believing his claim" in Post #191 makes it seem like you were interested in justifying keeping your vote in order to get a claim (or potentially a lynch).

5.)
Aj The Epic, my vote remained on Elyse "for so long" because I only switched votes when I had a better candidate for who I thought was scum. And as explained above, "reasonless" votes
do
push things. People stop and take notice of votes, even if they are not immediately explained. I do not think it is a coincidence that my vote on you, even without any argument put forward, was followed by more votes on you.

6.)
For the record, it is consistent for Aj The Epic to not breadcrumb with a Doctor claim, although his claim here that he would probably only breadcrumb with a Hider is not entirely consistent:

Aj The Epic wrote:Fuzzy, remember that this is where your newness to the game really hurts. People will breadcrumb early to back up a power role claim if so needed when lynched.
It's actually necessary for a lot of roles to breadcrumb a little bit.
Remember that you've neither seen me play a power role or scum, so you're a little out of your element when reading into that.

Aj The Epic wrote:I rarely, if ever, breadcrumb my role, and I'd never see town (and have never seen it thus far) breadcrumb a doctor. Reasons being is because it's something more beneficial for scum to know than town. Why does town care about who their doctor is? The harder it is to find that doctor, the better...

Aj The Epic wrote:The advice I would specifically give Coxy, though, is not to crumb your role, especially if you're a protective role...

If he
had
breadcrumbed, I think he would look substantially worse given the above.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #269 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:21 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Exceedingly rare post from work:

In post 268, Alchemist21 wrote:@PJ;

a) My timing isn't off. Those 2 votes and the mention of them by others all happened after my last post before I talked about it. If others did mention your vote then I missed it on reading through those 50ish posts, and it was just the ones about Rask that caught my eye.

Your timeline is wrong
again
. All the posts mentioning Raskolnikov's and my unexplained votes came
before
you asked Raskolnikov about his vote:

First, Elyse pointed it out in Post #178.
Second, Supreme Overlord talked about both votes in Post #179.
Third, Aj The Epic discussed both votes in Post #182.

You then asked only Raskolnikov about
his
vote in Post #183. After I assume you realized you would look inconsistent / overly focused on Raskolnikov, you then asked me about
my
vote in Post #185.

This -- in addition to the fact that you mistakenly thought I had joined the "wagon" on Aj The Epic when I was in fact the second vote -- is indicating you are either not reading very carefully
or
you are getting caught up in your own faked suspicions.

Vote: Alchemist21
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Aj The Epic, please respond:

In post 262, petroleumjelly wrote:
In post 242, Aj The Epic wrote:PJ, in post 182 I was stating that given the circumstances (he was inactive while the wagon ran up and not purposefully waiting), my concern for that wasn't worth it.

Why does the fact that Supreme Overlord was prodded indicate he was
not
purposefully waiting or lurking? Lurkers get prodded all the time. This seems like a very generous reading for Supreme Overlord that you do not seem to extend to other players.

2.)
Also (and LlamaFluff already basically asked this), what do you mean by this post?

In post 223, Aj The Epic wrote:No. Most scum games I try to claim as truthfully as I can to not give myself up for free. The one fake claim I had in 2014 cost me when I had bussed off a teammate and got bitten for a fake claim that didn't add up well.

How do scum "claim truthfully"?

3.)
TKoE, I cannot determine how serious you are with your claimed suspicion of Supreme Overlord. Is it stemming from your previous knowledge of his play? Do you actually think he was trying to "twist" your words?

4.)
LlamaFluff, what do you think of TKoE?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #376 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:32 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I will not be able to be around as deadline nears. Trying to decide where to put my vote.

1.)
On LlamaFluff. For the first week of the game, he was extremely low-content, with his posts on the whole either talking about (i) Raskolnikov's "impatience" vote or (ii) Aj The Epic's defense of Elyse and subsequent "why buddy?" defense.

The commentary about Elyse being "100% Town" seems unnecessary, but then it is unnecessary from either alignment. By trying to keep things "on the downlow" he subverts himself by saying it out loud (since even if scum "missed it," they now have a better chance of "finding it").

LlamaFluff's case on Aj The Epic is fairly underwhelming in light of his conviction that Aj The Epic is "definitely scum". Part of his attack is that Aj The Epic was attacking the people on his wagon instead of "trying to prove that he is Town," but LlamaFluff has not really tried to "prove he is Town either.

On the whole, I think LlamaFluff has contributed less than I would expect and I don't think his conviction matches his case. I am not confident in calling him scummy, but I also do not have a Townread.

Pre-Post Edit: OceanWind, I do not really remember Mini #1647. I do not always closely read games I moderate, and I have less cause to remember them because I was not trying to figure anything out. As for my read on LlamaFluff, I am definitely influenced by the fact that I
want
him to be Town. I do not think his posts are particularly scummy, but I also do not think his posts are good. I am undecided.

2.)
My thoughts on TKoE match others' in large part. OceanWind has a nice summary in Post #369. TKoE has been very "go with the flow" in terms of suspicions. I did not like his push for a claim from Alchemist21.

I
do
find it interesting that while his vote seems to be somewhat 'fast and loose' he did not vote for Aj The Epic and instead was content to throw out an FoS while keeping his vote on MattP, telling Aj The Epic to "straighten up and fly right." He also throws out a comment about Aj The Epic's wagon ("a little suspicious how quickly the wagon rose and fell"). If Aj The Epic is scum, this is a place I would definitely want to look.

While he chose to keep his vote on MattP, he later meekly unvoted when his vote was questioned by Supreme Overlord. (And then he voted Supreme Overlord for casting his posts in a "negative light"). He has since apparently decided the slot is "oozing Town" since Xtoxm's replacement. I cannot say I follow the train of thought from TKoE on this slot.

On the whole, a bit scummier than Townish. I could easily see some partners. His interactions with Supreme Overlord (the only person he has played with previously from what I can gather) seem awkward. Despite voting for Supreme Overlord, TKoE seemed very willing to drop the argument altogether, suggesting he did not want to get that entangled in the first place.

3.)
Raskolnikov I have a hard time pinning down because I have hard time reading newer players. His votes seem fairly "go with the flow." He has asked some questions that sound "taboo" (namely, "isn't overdefensiveness scummy?" and "shouldn't Doctor claim Townie"?) that do not make him look great,
but
then this is a fair place to ask these questions, being a step up from Newbie Games.

I think Raskolnikov has to some extent been a bit of an "easy target," and that makes me somewhat leery.

His most contentful post by far is Post #286, which is somewhat difficult to follow. I think his analysis of Supreme Overlord is fairly 'original' and I can see the logic behind it even if I do not fully agree with it. He seems to fairly analyze the voters on him.

I actually have a Townlean on Raskolnikov. His 'bad' posts just do seem very
scummy

4.)
Alchemist21 I have a slight scumread on. I was trying to apply some pressure to him earlier but I did not get much out of it -- I feel like Alchemist21 is simply not understanding my point, which is more frustrating than it is scummy.

I did not like his quick "conclusion" by Post 28 that MattP was Town, and I think it was overstated. I do not like his two-post delay in asking Raskolnikov about his "naked" vote and me about my "naked vote." I do not like that he incorrectly thought there was "already a wagon" on Aj The Epic when I placed my vote. I did not like his Aj The Epic unvote explanation (in that he flipped from "liking" his Aj The Epic vote to instantly "believing" the claim).
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #377 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:53 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

It looks like my realistic voting options are severely limited at this point. I believe the current vote count is:

Vote Count wrote:LlamaFluff (5) - Xtoxm, Aj The Epic, OceanWind, Supreme Overlord, TKoE
Alchemist21 (2) - Elyse, petroleumjelly
Aj The Epic (1) - LlamaFluff
Raskolnikov (1) - Alchemist21
OceanWind (1) - curiouskarmadog
TKoE (1) - Raskolnikov

I doubt there will be a lynch outside of LlamaFluff today. Nobody else has really expressed any interest in lynching Alchemist21 that I recall, even though I would be comfortable with a lynch there. I do not support the wagons on Raskolnikov and OceanWind.

To give an alternate choice (and since there has already been an expressed intent to hammer LlamaFluff), that leaves TKoE and Aj The Epic. I will stick with my main suspicion. Other players should similarly attempt to consolidate their votes. I
may
find time to throw a vote on my phone later today if it is needed, but I will be busy and I cannot promise it.

Vote: Aj The Epic
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #548 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Thanks for the game, all, and thanks for moderating, Equinox!

I think the set-up is fairly balanced. 9 v 2 (how this game will effectively start) is scum-sided without power. The Town Bodyguard does not really add 'power' to the game, but simply might preserve the life of a single player once in the game in exchange for the Bodyguard's life. It's best trait is that it might be believed as a claim. The only true 'power' was the Even-Night Tracker, which is
pretty
weak, all things being said. The Mafia Commuter does not do much (except potentially 'confirm itself' if Tracked). The math on players also gives the Mafia the option to No-Kill on a night while still only needing four total mislynches to win, which can be used to more convincingly make a fake-claim, add confusion, etc.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”