xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by xvart »

Ironhead's result is correct, yet the outcome is wrong. I'm a miller. Of course, it wouldn't be the end of the world lynching me since we are so far ahead and my flip would confirm the cop result, but Ironhead is probably dead tonight regardless so I don't think killing a townie is the best course of action.

I don't know if the person I replaced breadcrumbed anything along the lines of being a miller but contrary to some mafia discussion opinion I do not believe in claiming and just trying to draw the nightkill through protown action (this came up in recent completed game of mine). I don't really have a leg to stand on because I haven't had a chance to prove myself but no hard feelings if you guys lynch me.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

^Yeah, I'm not buying it. You say you don't know if the person before you crumbed miller, but clearly you didn't crumb miller, or you would have said so, and by saying you don't know if TWIE crumbed it, you're implying that crumbing it would have been the correct course of action if you hadn't out-and-out claimed (this also assumes that TWIE would have held similar theory views regarding millers claiming on D1).

In any event, you'd probably get policy lynched before LyLo anyways just because you do have a claimed cop guilty on you, so if we're going to lynch you anyways, might as well be now.

You also focus solely on explaining the guilty scan--you still have offered no thoughts on who the final scum might be, which makes me think you already know the answer, and it's you.

FTR, Elsa's vote was, I think, L-1.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Current Votecount: Post 1477
7/25/11 10:49 pm PST
D 3.2

wierdalexv 0
Soben 1 Mastin2,
Elsa von Spielburg 0
Captain Corporal 0
Xvart 4 (L-1) Ironhead, Soben, Darth Yoshi, Elsa Von Spielburg,

DarthYoshi 0
Twistedspoon 0
Ironhead 0
Mastin2 0

V/LA's:

Not Voting: Twistedspoon, Wiredalexv, Xvart, Captain Corporal,

Deadline is August 8th, 10:15am.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Captain Corporal »

Alrighty guise.

I'm willing to hammer. I'd just like to see what Mastin has to say about all of this, considering he's got two scum.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

*sigh*

Unvote, Vote: xvart

What more would there be to say? Short of Soben being a godfather. (Believe me, I pondered that result. I thought it through, multiple times, thinking that Soben would be an obvious cop target.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Current Votecount: Post 1479
7/25/11 11:36 pm PST
D 3.3

wierdalexv 0
Soben 0
Elsa von Spielburg 0
Captain Corporal 0
Xvart 5 (Lynch) Ironhead, Soben, Darth Yoshi, Elsa Von Spielburg, Mastin2,

DarthYoshi 0
Twistedspoon 0
Ironhead 0
Mastin2 0

V/LA's:

Not Voting: Twistedspoon, Wiredalexv, Xvart, Captain Corporal,

Deadline is August 8th, 10:15am.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Death Scene Incoming.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Ironhead: So, guys. *flashes badge.* Yeah, it's Xvart. Scoped him out last night. Saw him leaving Jily's house with two red bags, covered in blood. Guess he really did a number on her.

Xvart: Wait, my role pm said something about a mill...miller?

Yoshi: Lawlzcatsroflcopter, miller claim.

Mod intervention: Wait, guys, he did us a favor killing Jily. Can't we just...

Rest of town: Yeah... no. Rope. Now.

Xvart was lynched on Day 3. He was a
Mafia Goon

All members of the mafia have been killed!

Town Wins!

Set-up:
Doctor: Mastin2
Sheriff: Ironhead
1-shot-vig: Jilynne1991

Goons: Xvart (replacing TWIE), WormyKrew
Roleblocker: Alduskkel

N1 Actions:

Mastin protects Soben
Jily attempts vig on Wierdalexv
Alduskkel roleblocks Jily
TWIE kills Secret Project
Ironhead investigates Soben

N2:

Mastin protects DarthYoshi
Xvart kills Jily
Ironhead investigates Xvart

Thanks for a great game from all of the active participants! Any feedback on my modding is appreciated, provided any criticism that is given is constructive. Thanks!

Also, it's up to the scum members to agree to share, and then share, their QT if they desire.
[/b][/i]
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by mastin2 »

My academy.
Agnigi
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

You... made your own QT? You are a fascinating creature, mastin.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Indeed. Helps me with my notes. Keeps me more concise, better than notepad. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

I actually thought Mastin's play was brilliant, for the record (minus the thing that Soben was pointing out, about declaring TWIE super-obv-town). The soft-claiming had me laughing out loud at points, after you he pointed it out to me.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Also note how I never said once, "Why didn't Soben die Night One?" I always said, "Why wasn't Soben targeted?" About as blatant a hint I could give. :P

Secret was my original first choice for protection, but my town-read on Secret weakened as the day went on, and Scumhunter-then-Soben took that number-one-spot.

I'll see if I can track down the exact spot I stopped 'crumbing.
My academy.
Agnigi
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Regfan »

I'll have my thoughts up within the hour but first I want to thank the mod for running this game so smoothly despite his illnesses and even when filling replacements seemed difficult. I don't believe Scumhunter will have any issues with it so here's our Hydra QT.

The setup was also refreshingly basic, I love a good old cop, doctor, roleblocker type of setup, it makes for a very fun scumhunting based game.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by mastin2 »

16 was the first time I forgot. I continued to forget in 18. And 20. Wasn't until 21 I remembered ("post coming in a sec"-->filler), for 22 where my only crumb was the first line, about not keeping notes. (And as my QT says, pretty much every time I mentioned not keeping/forgetting notes, it was referring to "not breadcrumbing".)

27 points out the lack of a 'crumb in 26. Sleep deprived, I once more forgot in 34/36. 38 was subtle.
With the typical roles in there (Doctor, cop, etc.), the results are predictable.
Doctor was in caps and listed first. ;)

I'll need to explain 42--Moglins are a race of healers. They pretty much universally have healing magic. The mod noticed 44, which was a rather blatant 'crumb. But by now, I was beginning to run out of ideas. :P

50 was basically when I resorted to looking at the Wikipedia page on "List of Medical Dramas", and from there-on, I tried to incorporate every single name on there I could. :P

Basically, any place there was caps where there shouldn't have been (House, for instance) was a hint. One of the ones which I was panicked about was the one which spelled out
N
I
P
/
T
U
C
K

Because that one was one of the most blatant, and it got QUOTED! (By Secret Project.)

68 was writer's block, but after that, the jily exchange with Soben left me distracted and I didn't think of 'crumbing for a while. Another favorite of mine was
It's a Code, essentially, that the Blue moglin
Code Blue. :P
White I know it's all good and fun chasing our numerous suspects for various reasons, I have three words for you guys: deadline, five days--choose a Towering
I figured "White" would be read as a typo of "While", and people wouldn't notice the "Tower"--and even if they did, they wouldn't figure out what White Tower meant. (It's on the list somewhere.)

"Please keep your hands and feet inside the hydra at all times."
A quote from Demonhybrid, who modded a game where I was a Doctor. (Of sorts. :P)

104 was another instance of me exploiting common typos--in this case, Patients.

I must've forgotten in 106, since I can't find anything there.

My 'crumbing was present-but-weak and I forgot a lot, until I managed this gem:
My last game was last night, losing to a Doctor-sk.
There was no need to mention that game. I did, and capped the Doctor half, but not the sk half.

I think (not sure) it was around 142 in my ISO that I stopped.
My academy.
Agnigi
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Mastin, in 2/2 of my games where scum has been lynched d1 the alternative wagon has been on scum as well. That's enough to say counterwagons are ALWAYS scum when scum is lynched d1 :P
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Or at least enough to say that each wagon and the reasons for such should be judged accordingly.
Show
-----
-----
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Captain Corporal »

Mastin is amazing.

GG all
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

CC, stop trolling.
Show
-----
-----
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Regfan wrote:Scumhunter upon replacing in:

Very Slightly leaning scum/null: Aldusskel, TheWayitEnds
Scum reads: WormyKrew, ElsaVonSpielburg.

Fuck sakes, it's highly likely you nailed the entire scum team upon replacing in.
If I saw these exact words posted in-thread, it would've reversed my scum-read before it had grown. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by Regfan »

Alright, as I mentioned earlier this was a very enjoyable game on the whole. I was partnered with a troll (Read the QT and you'll see how much of a troll Scumhunter is) so I'm slightly surprised that we won still. Anyway, feel free to take on board as much or as little of what I say below, the choice is yours.

Alex, you've improved enourmously since the last game we've played together, if there was any advice I could offer you though it's you need to be a bit more vocal in stating who you suspect and pushing a case otherwise you played a good game.

Elsa, I think you know it yourself, your play this game was slightly dissapointing however I think it's due to a lack of effort put into the game caused be a lack of time to commit to it which is fair enough to a degree, I just think you need to make sure to step back from tunneling one FoS (Like you did with CC) and state your reads elsewhere.

Captain, you were slightly similar to Elsa in the fact that I think you needed to be more vocal in your reads on everyone though I believed your actions and defense throughout day two was quite good.

Xvart, you were only in the game for a short time and you were pretty much condemned from TWIE's actions so I can't actually criticize your play too much, the only thing I would suggest is avoiding forcing dumb tells like when you stated you suspected Secret Project because they are easy to read as disingenuous.

DarthYoshi, there's very little I can suggest to you in terms of improving because you actually played a damn good game, the only suggestion I can make is that you seemed slightly reserved and unsure on your reads and you shouldn't be.

Twistedspoon, your catch up post and replace in post was goooood I just found your play slightly awkward at times, it's as if you felt like you were walking on egg shells between Mastin and I and there's no need to if you really did believe both of us were town. Otherwise I'd love to hydra with you at some point because you have an interesting playstyle.

Ironhead, oh ironhead, you were pretty much what continued to motivate me to play well throughout the game, your logical style is something I very much respect and strive towards achieving myself, the only thing I can suggest is perhaps post more. Your decrease in posts in this game in comparison to others you've played made you a relatively easy/obvious PR read.

SecretProject, you played well and drawing the night-kill shows that. I would love to play with you guys in another game the only thing I can suggest is that you two play in a fashion that relies a bit too much on gut in comparison to logic and you need to attempt to find the balance, oh and don't try to speed up or rush day phases so much.

Alduskkel, what killed you this game was that there were so many obvious town players and your lack of activity and playstyle didn't help you town-tell in any form. With the exception of Mastin (Who convinced himself you were scum while reaching at points) a great deal of other players were voting you primarily due to PoE and your lack of content/activity.

WormyKrew, I can't fault you too much because I myself had a town-read on you and were deceived however reading back your pitfall was your un-reasoned votes and suspicions, you need to work on making sure you actually have a legitimate or logical reason for Fos's and votes you make as scum.

Mastin, odds are you won't take on board what I say and I don't particularly want to say it here so if you really want my thoughts ask for it in PM.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Mastin, odds are you won't take on board what I say and I don't particularly want to say it here so if you really want my thoughts ask for it in PM.
Despite the arrogance I display in-game, I'm extremely humble in the post-game. (Gotta make up for it somehow! :P) If you've got a critique (helpful advice) rather than a criticism (shouting at me, curse words everywhere, pointing out all the negatives of my play and sating I suck), I'm more than happy to listen. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

For instance:
While it's no small feat to name 2/3 scum on day one, and correctly call that second scum's role on day two, the simple fact is, I wasn't perfect. TWIE/xvart never dropped below Null. Not once was I so much as close on TWIE/xvart.
Scumhunter, on the other hand, out-did me. While there was indeed a false positive listed (in the form of Elsa), Scumhunter listed all three scum upon replacing in, one-upping me.

I probably stopped a Captain mislynch, but other than that, nothing I did would not have happened eventually. WormyKrew was lynched more through Secret Project's effort than through mine. Alduskkel would have been lynched once Captain flipped town. Stopping five or six wagons (one of which was scum) certainly helped stop a mislynch from happening, but there's a fair chance most of them would have fallen through eventually; again, my contribution only made them fall apart sooner than they otherwise would have.

It's not even close to a good game for me.
Certainly mediocre, yeah. I'm not ashamed of my play this game, not ashamed of my two misreads--but nor am I proud, because if you do the math on my scumreads, it ends up breaking even. Two scum-reads correct, one scum-read wrong+one town-read wrong.

I'll never be satisfied until I'm responsible, single-handedly, for a perfect town win. Instead of just being a contributing member to one small element of a perfect win, to be THE main driving force of it.
I wasn't that in this game, not by a long-shot.

Next game will be better. ;)
My academy.
Agnigi
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:46 am

Post by wierdalexv »

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

PERFECT WIN!!!!!!!

*DANCES*

Mastin, despite your tunneling and frustrating playstyle, you had amazing reads. 2/3 scum, and defended a lot of easy mislynches that turned out to be town.

Thanks for modding, Substrike, you did a great job.

GG.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:33 am

Post by Ironhead »

Regfan wrote:Ironhead, oh ironhead, you were pretty much what continued to motivate me to play well throughout the game, your logical style is something I very much respect and strive towards achieving myself, the only thing I can suggest is perhaps post more. Your decrease in posts in this game in comparison to others you've played made you a relatively easy/obvious PR read.

Thank you for the kind words. RL got in the way of posting during D-2, and it was difficult to keep up a VT facade with the discussion going on during that phase. Mastin2's contribution definitely threw a curveball. Normally I would have been happy to let him drive the discussion, but his insistence that you were scum was problematic. I had just investigated you, but how to disabuse him of his scum-read on you without implying too strongly that I was the cop? I was actually a little more concerned that my continued defense of you was going to be a PR-tell to the remaining scum; especially when others started asking me why I concluded you were town, and I had to go through your ISO and spin some BS answer.

At the end of D-2 Alduskkel had me pretty well convinced he was town (at least, vis-a-vis Captain Corporal). But ultimately I just wanted one of my potential investigation targets dead, so either one of them would work for me and I could just investigate the other one during N-2. But when Alduskkel flipped scum, I figured Captain Corporal was low-probability to be his remaining partner (their competing wagons on D-2 were different from TWIE's and WK's on D-1).

During the N-2 phase I wasn't sure who I would be investigating. I didn't want to investigate Captain Corporal at that point, so I figured maybe Elsa? I actually wrote her name in the PM to the GM, thought it over, and then deleted it before clicking send. I figured she would be likely to be a top lynch candidate and if my investigation revealed that she was innocent I didn't want to have to defend her. Also, with Xvart just replacing in I figured some players may give him a pass for a few days, so I typed in Xvart and clicked send -- figuring if he comes back innocent then he will be much easier to defend from a lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”