captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 am

Post by captaineddie »

1. Holy shit, you guys posted 10 pages while I was asleep/not on the computer?

2. I'll post by the end of the day. Sorry about the delay. =(
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:12 am

Post by captaineddie »

That was the easiest 10 pages to go through.

1. Why are we breaking the game, we came here to make wishes! =D Maybe those who want to "break" the game are anti-fairies because they'd want to lose asap? No muffins for them = no entertainment value in this game = auto concede. There were so many breaking strategies in this game, I can list at least 2 right now. Lets just play this as is and think of the muffins as more of a "bonus" to our roles.

2. I'm Tootie! LOVE ME TIMMEH! Muah!

In post 138, Klick wrote:
In post 136, MrZepher wrote:Woops. I'm Tad. I thought Tad was the black one, but I'm the white one and the white one is Tad.
I got the names confused. Sorry.
Visual memory and all that stuff...

Lynch go.

Uh, yah.

VOTE: MrZepher

In post 151, Benmage wrote:
In post 147, Sanjay wrote:I'm sorry, Benmage. I didn't think I was being obstinate.

I suppose I can't simultaneously criticize Balrog for being coy about his roleclaim and do it myself. I thought it was clear that I was nameclaiming 'Sanjay' but I guess not.

The flavor, unfortunately, is different than the one I hinted at in my last (first?) post.

Forgive me for having a tough time thinking you actually pulled Sanjay, randomly for a character and didn't enter the thread all HUZZZAAAHHH like.

Uh, If I were the mod of this "fun" game, I would so totally let sanjay BE sanjay. Think of all the entertainment value! =D

5. I think everybody right now just wants to go into night and use our muffins. Am I right?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 am

Post by captaineddie »

Whoa, apparently I'm the only one who was super excited to go into night with our magical magical muffins... fair enough, scum-hunting is also fun...

@Ben, what do you mean by list?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 am

Post by captaineddie »

Thats what I thought so, isn't that list however somewhat outdated?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am

Post by captaineddie »

I'm with Human Destroyer here, I really don't see the scumness in Vifam. As a townie, I completely understand the unwillingness to break this game. There's SO many ways of doing it, I signed up to play this game because it's fun, while winning is great, it's also boring. Also I want to get creative with my wishes as well.

Vifam's need for roleclaim to me in the beginning was to, as they say, put some spice into the game. But the more PV denied to do it, the more it got suspicious, what? Does mod give you a "Anti-fairy" nickname like "Sanderson"? This forces you to claim a name. If by the offchance you did have a name that gave away your role, you'd be force to lie and claim another name, which someone counterclaims... we get more info.

Basically, small amount of effort, for a SMALL SMALL chance of a large information.

I really didn't get why you just didn't claim in the first place PV. What was the harm?!

In post 260, PeregrineV wrote:I'm just not interested in a game where everyone just follows some list , I'll do it but I won't enjoy it.
I wanted spontaneous disorderly wish making

Totally understand, I just want to make some wishes! =D So excited.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 276, PeregrineV wrote:@Captaineddie- Just want to point out that breaking the game with wishes and breaking the game based on names are all breaking the game.

And after being Harry Potter in Harry Potter mafia, I did not feel a strong desire to claim Timmy in Fairly Oddparents.

And adding spice is one thing, but pretty much every person was told to nameclaim, so it was not "just interesting". And if it's not scumhunting, then why devote 75% of your posts to name flavor?

It's not "breaking" the game with name claiming, how would that be the case? If indeed someone claimed a name that another player already had, that's two suspicions, not all three members outed. Big difference.

Why don't you want to claim Timmy? It's not like these name have any ACTUAL meaning behind them, and it makes for spicier game. To me, flavour is fun. The "75%" of his post dedicated to name flavour was only because you refused to claim. V thought he had something there, so he kept on tugging.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 am

Post by captaineddie »

At this point, I find it really hard for Sanjay and V to be scum. I'd be more interested in hearing from the ones idle in this game, instead of the ones being an easy lynch. It's true if you ISO -L- it seems that she's a very very conservative player, but I'm unwilling to lynch someone based on that and before we get more information out of this day. Heck, there's 19ish days left. Lets use that, wishes can come later =P. (Though I already have my wish down and it's gonna be AWESOMEEE *insert musical cue here*)
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 356, Balrog wrote:
In post 339, -L- wrote:I will be better by next day - the pace of this mafia game is out of my league.

In post 340, -L- wrote:In the beginning I suspected vifam for not liking balrog's plan, and the wording he chose (I thought he was a she too) to make a case for townies getting their wishes. It almost sounded as though he were outside the group, speaking of the group. And then his inane question to me - trying to sound productive - asking what I thought about Sanjay getting the role Sanjay. Really?

From there the thread went at the speed of light with all the chatter.

Sounds like an excuse to active lurk to me.

In post 346, captaineddie wrote:At this point, I find it really hard for Sanjay and V to be scum. I'd be more interested in hearing from the ones idle in this game, instead of the ones being an easy lynch. It's true if you ISO -L- it seems that she's a very very conservative player, but I'm unwilling to lynch someone based on that and before we get more information out of this day. Heck, there's 19ish days left. Lets use that, wishes can come later =P. (Though I already have my wish down and it's gonna be AWESOMEEE *insert musical cue here*)

Oh look, we found L's scumbuddy.

In post 347, -L- wrote:Balrog appears to have a similar reputation, but feels scummy to me.

I don't have a reputation. Not one that anyone here knows, anyway.

Didn't you say I seemed town earlier? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?

In post 352, -L- wrote:I'd like to replace out.

Busted.

Hah, looks like I vouched for the wrong player at the wrong time. No worries, I'll prove my innocence tomorrow.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 358, Balrog wrote:I'm convinced.

Related: Where are the sarcasm tags?

:P You don't think I can do it?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:50 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 351, Sanjay wrote:Did you agree with Klick's reads at the time, or were you just adding your name on to Klick's townlist for no reason?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: -L-

Is anybody actually believing that -L-'s town? If not... do we even bother replacing that slot? It's kinda mean to make someone read through 13 pages of fluff only to be lynched a couple of posts later.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 363, Sanjay wrote:Is captaineddie using the rare and fabled "saving your scumbuddy from the lynch by somehow seeming like an even better lynch candidate?"

"Knowing" how -L- is going to flip.
Going from a townread to a 100% scumread in the span of a few posts.
Flipflopping on how readable the thread is.

Holy moly.

Hoi, you can think what you want, at least reserve your judgement until the night passes and at least give me the chance to prove my innocence (P.S. Thank god for these muffins, or else I'd be so screwed in a normal game... such bad timing. I swear! I'm a better mafia player than this!)

Are we lynching -L- or are we going to continue scumhunting? And no Balrog and Benmage, somebody else other than me, if you're SO convinced I'm scum, go look for the third one.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:25 am

Post by captaineddie »

@Mod
- Postcount for everybody's refernce to see please?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:30 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 369, Balrog wrote:You mean Votecount?

You're just all kinds of nervous, aren't you?

Haha, whatever you need to think Balrog. Like I said, if you're so convinced, look for the third member. I'll even co-operate with you fully and answer any and all of your questions.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:47 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 373, Balrog wrote:I feel like the derisive tone in my last post was lost in translation. Oh well. The downfalls of speaking on the internet.

I feel like you're going to need [sarcasm] tags for ALL of your posts...
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 436, -L- wrote:My wish is awesome, but I don't want to share it because then it would be game breaking...

Everyone try a knowledge role

+1 to that. That's what Im going for. Wheeeeeee!
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 441, Sanjay wrote:^captaineddie interacting with the person he suspects the most.

Unvote, Vote: captaineddie

eddie, claim what information wish you were thinking about in your very next post or I will use all my power to bring you down.

If you are town and your wish doesn't work out in the open, you're going to have to think of something else. Too bad.

=/ Yah, Im trying to think of a way to get around the backfiring in my wish.

Information wish of some sort. Hopefully to clear someone and me and the same time. Or wait, do you mean what my wish is EXACTLY?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:04 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 443, Sanjay wrote:Exactly.

I'm not dodging you right now, but the wish is game breaking in nature if everybody uses it.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 am

Post by captaineddie »

=/ I'm also asking the mod if it's okay, if it is, Im going to keep it to myself, if not, I'll tell you and try to think of a different one.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 447, Sanjay wrote:While we are chatting, you want to talk to me about this yoyo roller coaster ride you are on with -L-?

Sure,

The replace out is what sealed the deal for me. I just thought -L- was giving up, at that point I didn't htink anybody would believe her replacement, I'd thought the nice thing to do would be to lynch them so the replacement wouldn't have to come, read through 20 pages, post twice, then die a horrifying death. and

In post 176, -L- wrote:
In post 171, Klick wrote:So now we have the following as town:

Me
Balrog
HD
Sanjay
PV
Vifam (probably)
-L-

Didn't appreciate her sneaking her own name to Kick's post. That really screamed scum somehow, in hindsight, I over-reacted, because if it was meant for mis information, it was really stupid.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 am

Post by captaineddie »

And sorry Sanjay, Mod okay'd my wish, I can't share it... Feel free to ask me anything else though.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 450, Sanjay wrote:I brought up that -L- post on page 14, before you made the post defending her.

It couldn't have screamed very loud.

it wasn't a quote, so I didn't really bother clicking the link, I had assumed it was just her posting her own original list.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 am

Post by captaineddie »

Happy Cake day HD

UNVOTE: .

Oh god you guys suck, when I signed up for this game I imagined it would be a silly wish granting game that ends in like a week, but you guys are treating this as seriously as my other Mini Normal game. Ugh. I apologize for not even trying the first 20 pages, I just wanted to make my wish =(.

At this point, I find Benmage, sanjay as town. HD used to lean scum for me, but has passed over null-ville into town. Ben and SanJay have been sticking their necks out there, and have been working pretty hard making some pretty decent points. I just find myself in agreeing what HD has to say, at the beginning of the game however, he was just posting stuff for the sake of it, but his posts now has material.

Kiick I find interesting, in the beginning of the game, he found Vifam, PV, HD, Balrog all town from the spot, not that I think they're scum, I just think that they weren't so easily conf-town. And his hesitation on PV while he has a scumtell on PV while not voting makes me suspicious. Is he scared for being on that wagon? Or is PV his scum buddy?

Town
Ben
Sanjay

HD

---NullLine---

Kiwi
Seanald
-L-
Adorkable
---NullLine---

Zeph
Balrog

PV
Vifam
Klick
Scum

VOTE: Klick

Once again, I'll try to take this game a little more seriously now. mahbad. Sanjay, I still have to prove my innocence to you tonight, I didn't forget that...

P-Edit: @Zeph, There's only 4 of us on there right now.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 641, Klick wrote:
2. My wish will have the capability to both confirm that and someone else's alignment,
even if the anti-fairies targeted me.

Hey... I think I've heard of this before, isn't this the same thing as I said?

Zeph, Ugh, I have to EXPLAIN my reads? =P Just kidding, i'll do it... later? I'm just at work right now

PV - What Guild did you play for the pre-release?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 646, Balrog wrote:Days that have dragged on long enough and need to end:

Day 1

Number of awesome wishes in this game that we're going to make:
Too many to count =D
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by captaineddie »

OMG. You MOTHEREFFING guys are ridic. I come back from Ultimate and there's like 13u21941 pages to read (yes, the u is in there cause that number was... base 64)

1. YOU ALMOST DAYVIGGED ME! UGH. >.> Thank god for HD having SOME sense.
2. I wished to know the wish of Mr. Zeph. He's not lying, Mr. Zeph did wish to know the name and alignment of anybody that targeted him. Mr. Zeph is Conf Town.
... OH WAIT, you guys already came to that conclusion. I'm USELESS at this game.

So. who am I voting now? I have one magical muffin left =D
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 am

Post by captaineddie »

INTENT TO HAMMER

This is one quick day... everyone's got their wish thoughts? =). Can someone list me out the potential scums and conf townies?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 am

Post by captaineddie »

>.> I'll wait for next time.

Quick SanJay. Do you have those reads? Im not reading through 38 pages of crap >.>
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 951, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 936, captaineddie wrote:OMG. You MOTHEREFFING guys are ridic. I come back from Ultimate and there's like 13u21941 pages to read (yes, the u is in there cause that number was... base 64)

1. YOU ALMOST DAYVIGGED ME! UGH. >.> Thank god for HD having SOME sense.
2. I wished to know the wish of Mr. Zeph. He's not lying, Mr. Zeph did wish to know the name and alignment of anybody that targeted him. Mr. Zeph is Conf Town.
... OH WAIT, you guys already came to that conclusion. I'm USELESS at this game.

So. who am I voting now? I have one magical muffin left =D

That's a really OP wish

I like my dayvig better though :>

Anyway yeah Benmage needs to hang

If he's town Vifam has to be scum

Yah is it that OP? ;)
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 am

Post by captaineddie »

Wish tracker from N1:

-L- : Wished to be in a neighbourhood with Balrog and Benmage (conf by Balrog and Ben)
Balrog : *Wished that the person who Backfired my wish would survive the Night (unconfirmed)
Benmage : * Wished to be SK? (unconfirmed)
captaineddie : Wished to know what Mr.Zeph wished for
Human Destroyer : DayVig (conf by pew pew)
kiwieagle : * No Wish claimed
MrZepher : Wished to know the name and alignment of everyone who targeted him (conf by CE)
Sanjay : * Wished to be Obi-Sanjay (unconfirmed)
Seanald : * Didn't wish (unconfirmed)
Vifam : * Alignment of adorkable (unconfirmed)

So... with this list, we have L, CE, HD and Mr. Zeph as conf towns just with wish actions alone. There's also one backfire missing here (so far, it could be with Vifam, or Benmage if he flips town). With Klick's wish, we can PRETTY much scum Kiwi.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 979, Benmage wrote:
In post 976, captaineddie wrote:
So... with this list, we have L, CE, HD and Mr. Zeph as conf towns just with wish actions alone. There's also one backfire missing here (so far, it could be with Vifam, or Benmage if he flips town). With Klick's wish, we can PRETTY much scum Kiwi.

Confirming Zephs wish, doesn't make you close to confirmed at all. Easiest scumfake everrrrrrrrrrr. SHitty wish btw.

But I digress.

L, odd wish. I wasn't complaining about the neighborhood, I thought that was me being backfired. Confirms you town, so that was good.

Uh, Awesome wish, it's a way of cop-ing, but even more specific, and if I wish claimed before Mr. Zeph did, he can conf me as town.

Anyways, since adorkable was scum, that confirms that the wish was backfired and confirms me as town. Sorry you couldn't follow that logic.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 991, Benmage wrote:The only reason, CE that you are confirmed is because of the way Zephs wish worked.

If say Zeph wish was Vifams, and merely asked to Cop someone.

Than you waltz in and say yaya he wished for Cop.... See how that is a tough wish to confirm you?

Any scum could've faked that. It worked out in your favor because of Zephs wish and adorkable backfiring him.

I brainfarted earlier, but you are conftown.

The wish tells me the content of someone's wish. So I would know who Vifam targeted. Or, if he was scum, since I said "wish" and not "action", they would come up as blank, pretty much confirming them as scum.

Either way, this one is one directional, Either I conf someone is telling the truth about their wish, or someone confirms me by saying what their wish was, if there was any type of mix-ups/contradictions, it's a 1-for-1 trade. I'm more than okay sacrificing myself to catch scum.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:45 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 993, Sanjay wrote:I think we should all take a second to reflect on this:

Regardless of the strategic boneheadedness involved, and regardless of how it may have affected our own win conditions, Benmage's wish was actually pretty cool and awesome.

Pretty much every single person in the world made a better wish than Vifam.

Benmage wished to be a SK yesterday right? Wouldn't that mean if it went through, he wouldn't know until tonight? Or did the mod send him a message saying "blocked".

Either or, Benmage alive as SK tonight means SK kill and wish. Kinda dangerous.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 am

Post by captaineddie »

In post 996, Benmage wrote:^IT would've been awesome!

If not for a dual blunder.... Especially after seeing HD use his dayvig (something I didn't think allowed)... SO I would've totally copied, and coasted to confirmedtown win.... oh wells.

Wait wait, what was your wish in full?
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by captaineddie »

FUCK WAIT. I have a day kill too like HD.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by captaineddie »

Kill: Vifam

Sorry bud, just having all of our bases covered.
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by captaineddie »

VOTE: Sean

To take vifams spot
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 am

Post by captaineddie »

I also just used mine. As you can tell when I aimed at Vifam...
captaineddie
captaineddie
Goon
captaineddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:02 am

Post by captaineddie »

Thanks NumberQ, I would like to suggest more backfiring or allow the antifairy at least one wish. Wish Confirming is very strong.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”