trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by trebuchet tabby »

In post 9, Pyrotechnics wrote:Ohhhhh yeah!

<------------ applications for the town bloc go here :p

VOTE: d3x
You going to do anything about that town bloc?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:03 pm

In post 56, Amrun wrote:The post restriction itself is completely null. The fact that he's trying so hard in spite of it is townish.
This.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:54 pm

In post 52, Jake from State Farm wrote:Well I have a huge issue because I can't understand a single thing d3 is saying unless I really concentrate. The last time a person posted annoyingly I replaced out, but I'm not replacing out here so he needs to ask the mod to reduce his restriction some or I'm going to have vote him and ignore his posts (not like I could decipher them anyway)

vote: d3x

When making butter there is a little margarine for error
In post 54, Jake from State Farm wrote:Well you better lynch be cause I'm not changing my vote ever until he posts legibly

Old collanders don't die, they just can't take the strain anymore.
In post 55, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 52, Jake from State Farm wrote:Well I have a huge issue because I can't understand a single thing d3 is saying unless I really concentrate. The last time a person posted annoyingly I replaced out, but I'm not replacing out here so he needs to ask the mod to reduce his restriction some or I'm going to have vote him and ignore his posts (not like I could decipher them anyway)

vote: d3x

When making butter there is a little margarine for error
Yup, I 100% agree with this post and the reason. It's policy, but I'm not going to deal more of d3x posts that I can't read.

Saddest thing about it is d3x is 99.9% town because he wouldn't pull this shit as scum and I don't see a MOD making scum have the single most annoying restriction in a game and one that will likely get him lynched because nobody wants to deal with it. If it's NOT a post restriction, then he's 100% town because I know him and I know what he is willing and not willing to do as scum. This is NOT something he would willingly do as scum.
In post 53, Amrun wrote:Even though that pun was amazing, that's a poor excuse for a vote.

VOTE: jake
No sir, ^that is a peppery poor excuse for a vote.
All of these posts are bad and you should feel bad.

The fact you are trying to throw a Policy Lynch due to a post restriction is dumb.

Take some effort and attempt to understand the posts.

The worst vote of all happens to be Kkthxbai's vote only because if you think someone is town - why are you actively pushing a lynch due to a post restriction?

All of it rubs me the wrong way. All of it.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:00 pm

In post 67, Pyrotechnics wrote:Peacebringer is probs town.
So is Amrun, I think.

dx3?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:43 pm

In post 74, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 62, trebuchet tabby wrote:

Not yet.

You didn't make an application though :(

Why not?

Neither did kyubuy though...that's disappointing too.
I don't think townbloc applications are a good thing. Unless by application you mean behaviors and stances?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:01 am

In post 92, Kyubey wrote:

Not yet.

Why not?

Mami has been busy lusting over Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia.
Kyubey has been too busy being cute, fluffy, and evil.
Now that that's over with, though, We don't see form 10-C "Potential townbloc applicant procedures" anywhere in your ISO, you might want to fix that.
Thoughts about pyrotechnics? Amrun?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:00 am

@Poro:

I don't see how trying to create a town block is scummy at all.

That's how Syr does his reads for the most part, might have to get used to it. Surprised Tammy hasn't shown up - or has she?!
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 pm

In post 114, Jake from State Farm wrote:tabby, are you a hydra? if so who are your heads please
I guess you don't read the sign up queue.

Sup?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:36 pm

In post 117, The Slovak Prince wrote:Tammy, when you get here. we should talk, I doubt Syry will have any kind of convo with me since he stated that he hates me :(
srsly? :/
also, we are hated
srsly? :/

This post is full of sad.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 pm

In post 123, The Slovak Prince wrote:I'd love to talk to you Mala, but you're mad at me aren't you?

and yes, we are Hated.
You're talking to ffery right now.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:55 pm

In post 126, The Slovak Prince wrote:Godammit

Hi Ffery!

@Amrun Venmar and Mara
What's the rationale for your chkflip vote?
In post 128, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 77, Amrun wrote:That post implies the opposite of annoyance, actually. I don't really care that d3x's posts are difficult to read; that has nothing to do with his alignment, and jake's post wasn't concerned with d3x's alignment. He literally said "lol margin for error," which to me is hedging scum safety. It's entirely devoid of scumhunting, which is not an exception but the rule for his posts this game.

No, it wasn't concerned with d3x's alignment, hence the reference as it being a policy lynch.

Where else do you see him doing that?

And wow amrun. Just wow. So have you not recognized that he's been doing joke puns the while game and that appears to be his posting restriction? And you're actually using the joke post as your reason for calling him hedgg scum safety. You can't believe that, you just can't. Not when you literally just said he wasn't concerned with d3x's alignment. They do not go together. Either he doesn't care about his alignment and is blatantly policy voting him, or he's hedging scum safety by saying he's scum but I could be wrong.

You can't have it both ways, sorry.
Hi Tammy
In post 129, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 79, trebuchet tabby wrote: I don't think townbloc applications are a good thing. Unless by application you mean behaviors and stances?
Hi Syr.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:22 pm

In post 136, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 112, trebuchet tabby wrote:@Poro:

I don't see how trying to create a town block is scummy at all.

That's how Syr does his reads for the most part, might have to get used to it. Surprised Tammy hasn't shown up - or has she?!
It's all been me. Syry hasn't posted yet.

And yup. That's how I do my reads, especially my early reads.
Syr told me your styles are very similar. More similar than I would have imagined.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:06 pm

In post 123, The Slovak Prince wrote:I'd love to talk to you Mala, but you're mad at me aren't you?

and yes, we are Hated.
So chya I'm here. Chat away. I'm no longer mad so there's that.

You aren't hated.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:56 pm

In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:hell if I know Ffery, I am not home atm so I cant talk to him on skype
I'll wait.
Mala <3

what are your guys thoughs on jake?
Just my thoughts atm. Coming up with a reason to policy lynch looks like his early town game. Beats thinking and developing reads, I guess.
and yes we are hated so theres no excuwe to hqmmer us accidentally
Fad? Will do some research.
Tqmmy, Im pretty sure kthx is town.
You've played with him before I take it.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 am

Jake you are really confusing me this game.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:56 am

In post 229, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 226, trebuchet tabby wrote:Jake you are really confusing me this game.
how so?

John Deere has just released its most powerful tractor yet. It is the torque of the town.
You're being reasonable.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm

In post 252, Kyubey wrote:I think it's high time ffery and I turn this into yet another metadive war. If nothing else, I trust the two of us to be the ones that dive Peace's oooooold meta for verification.

~mami
Sounds good.

I want to check Jake's recent meta, too.

ISO links to 3 of his games.

Townie, lynched day 3 - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go (25 post)

Godfather, killed night 3 - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go (31 posts)

Cultist lynched day 7 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go (34 posts)

Without even reading these games, I'd say that peacebringer is a more active poster now than he used to be.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

In the first (townie) game, post 123 is a self-meta of sorts. Lots of fatalism in that game. It apparently dragged on terribly. He moved his vote around a fair bit on day 2 and 3 given his activity level.

In the second (scum) game post =http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... p252209267 is another sorta self-meta.

I screwed up my earlier post and listed the 2nd game twice. here's the third game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I didn't see any meta references in that game. He came off as confused a lot in that game, asking for clarification. His votes also had more reasons attached.

He complained more about lack of player activity in the townie game. The cult game he was most verbose. In the townie and scum game there were more bare votes with little or no reasoning.

This isn't enough baseline for me to feel comfortable saying "yeah he self-metas a lot". This game is significantly different from his most recent prior games.

peacebringer, do you have more recent games on another site?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:58 pm

In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:hell if I know Ffery, I am not home atm so I cant talk to him on skype

Mala <3

Amrun, hy so reactive?
In post 101, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 89, d3x wrote:Lul... Ook. Unsver unytheeng I seeed egeeenst yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Unsver uny qooesshun I pused. Bork bork bork! Du unytheeng boot OoMGOoS und sey "d3x knoos better".

Better yet, ixpleeen vhy yuoo vuoold vunt tu Lynch yuoor greetest ToonReed, unless yuoo're-a sooggesteeng thet yuoo hefe-a sumeune-a et heegher thun 99.9% Toon. Bork bork bork!
"Lol, OK.
Answer
anything I said against you. {Random blah}
Answer
any question I posed. Does anything about OMGUS and say 'd3x knows better'.
Better yet, explain why you would want to lynch your greatest townread, unless you're suggesting that you have a something higher than 99.9% town."

^that took me 5 minutes and it STILL doesn't fucking make sense. I make oats into oatmeal faster.

When I have an hour or so, I'll ISO you to see if you asked me a question.

As far as me reading you town, that went out the window when you voted me. You know damn well what my town game looks like.
I think Unsver is answer. Fery and I had this discussion in regards to me because I myself had difficulty translating it. Try that maybe?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Mala <3

Amrun, hy so reactive?
The two games I played with Jake I kept reading him wrong both times. There was times I called him scum for posting "Sup". I haven't made a decision yet and still sorta discussing it with Fery.

Yeah Fery had to tell me hated townie. I thought you meant players hated you or something ._.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 pm

In post 183, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 182, Amrun wrote:
In post 175, PeaceBringer wrote:kthxbye- it looks like you will need to claim- @ L-2
Why?
that is how we play the game and I could vote you at L-1. Here
vote Kthxbye...
I was giving you leway. You are now at claiming point.
In post 192, PeaceBringer wrote:well now that he is at L-1 it is moot...
Yeah I kinda don't like this.

Kthx is flipping around like a waffley pancake in regards to Dex..
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:07 pm

In post 266, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 261, trebuchet tabby wrote:In the first (townie) game, post 123 is a self-meta of sorts. Lots of fatalism in that game. It apparently dragged on terribly. He moved his vote around a fair bit on day 2 and 3 given his activity level.

In the second (scum) game post =http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... p252209267 is another sorta self-meta.

I screwed up my earlier post and listed the 2nd game twice. here's the third game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I didn't see any meta references in that game. He came off as confused a lot in that game, asking for clarification. His votes also had more reasons attached.

He complained more about lack of player activity in the townie game. The cult game he was most verbose. In the townie and scum game there were more bare votes with little or no reasoning.

This isn't enough baseline for me to feel comfortable saying "yeah he self-metas a lot". This game is significantly different from his most recent prior games.

peacebringer, do you have more recent games on another site?
we used to play at goalline blitz. Games kinda died out for about a year ago now. Downside of an MMORPG site He is a strong player, can play one way, switch off the next. I am the one "self-meta-ing" a lot because people get erect and start pointing digits at me and call me scummy for playing the way I do, which is NOT MAFIA SCUM style, period. I come from the "Werewolf" school of play that started at Footballguys and now has own private site and play manly with a lot of the same people over and over. I really enjoyed Goal-line blitz games which I played while taking a break from werewolf.
I also learned a different style of play and a different game format. I also played games with the same 50-70 people game after game for a few years. I'm still experimenting to find some optimal styles for this environment. Playing games with a lot of people I don't know well is quite challenging, and has required the develoipment of some different skills.
FYI, I came back here after once having left over frustrating that are already returning mainly because of Jake. He will use gambits, he will fish for reactions. He will come on strong, or go mellow and smooth. Those elements aren't the tells per say. It is only day one as well. He will show himself one way or another. IMO. He is a bit calmer for sure though. It is worth watching.
Indeed.
In post 269, PeaceBringer wrote:oh and I was saying, what I play, and what I do, I do regardless of role. it is just unadulterated ME and the style I play.
Even a short meta dive of your games here in the past indicate some differences in your play style depending on your role. I will look at some more old games to see what sort of model I can put together, but I don't anticipate your old meta will be all that useful.

And that's ok. There's a lot to be gained from watching your play here and now, and interacting with you here and now.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:37 pm

I thought I would have some brain cells left for this game but I don't.

Will catch up tomorrow.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:02 am

In post 361, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ffley - you commented about my play being different, but how do you justify your play being different? You usually add more to discussions and this game seems completely different.

I used to do rock climbing as a youth, but I was much boulder back then.
36 hours of migraine and counting. I was abile to hit most of my games last night, but the really active ones were too much. I tried to get through the Tammy/Amrun stuff. It wasn't making sense last night.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 pm

In post 275, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 272, trebuchet tabby wrote:

Mala <3

Amrun, hy so reactive?
The two games I played with Jake I kept reading him wrong both times. There was times I called him scum for posting "Sup". I haven't made a decision yet and still sorta discussing it with Fery.

Yeah Fery had to tell me hated townie. I thought you meant players hated you or something ._.
that is typical Jake, it is why I need more information and he probably is vice versa if he is not scum...
ffery here.

I've actually been pretty good at reading jake, though the data set (3 games) is pretty sparse. He was town in 2 games and scum in 1. My reads were correct in all three games.

Right now I'm leaning town, though somewhat warily, due to his play style change. When I meta'd his completed games a couple months ago, he was a lot more volatile and temperish as town than as scum. BUT, in his scum game that I played with him, he was also volatile and temperish.

I'm taking his stated intent to change his play at face value. If I'm wrong, and he's scum I think it will become obvious with more time.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:38 pm

In post 317, The Slovak Prince wrote:C/Lynx Kthnx is town, and the fact that you two are already harping on people for not scum-hunting, while there is painfully little of it coming from your account when I expect much, much more from at least C, and a little more with what he's explained to me combined with really dirty comments you are already throwing at people is just strange.

Yes, Kthnx role looks convenient, but it is also a strange fucking role to be claiming as scum. There is also the point of, Him saying he wants to wagon the one he has the biggest town read on makes even less sense, next to zero, from scum.

Why do you think there is scum within the post restrictions? because, I don't really think it's that much of a deal.

Jake isn't scummy, but he sure as hell does look annoyed, but it could be a mask so I'm willing to say that is a read we agree on!

I agree with you in that, Tammy/Syr is town and I'm kinda surprised that it's been Tammy this entire time >.>

that's two!

I don't really think that D3x has a post restriction since, he broke it and he hasn't gotten reprimanded like how Kthnx does.

Pedit: Tammy, can you take a break from Amrun and tell me what you think of Kyu?

I think you missed Jake's .

Jake, is there a set number of posts you can break the restriction on? Some other mechanism?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 pm

In post 338, Kyubey wrote:
In post 334, The Slovak Prince wrote:Hmm...

Neighborhood, there's scum between you two isn't there?
Please stop being dumb mara. Thanks in advance.

That's for me to sort out peace and vice versa.

Personally I think it's T-T right now.
I've read 5 of his games now. Didn't take long. It looks like he used to average about 20 posts per game or something. And game page counts were really low compared to what I've seen since joining MS.

To what extent is your read based on meta?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Slovak/mara, Jake why are you voting maestro?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:00 pm

In post 113, Porochaz wrote:Yeah,
playing without explaining reasoning does not sit well with me. Im one of these annoying players who needs reasoning.
If you don't give it then what we are basically doing is playing a guessing game. Which I guess is what we are doing but I believe that we should be able to logically work out who is scum, by actually posting properly, making posts that are just "X is probably Y" removes that element and it becomes a crapshoot. This, unless they are terrible or unlucky, benefits scum.

It depends on how far this "town block" goes. It worries me that its still being mentioned after RVS.
And yet you didn't make any noise about Jake's reason-free vote?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:46 am

In post 408, Pyrotechnics wrote:Okay hear ye...hear ye...members of the town block as discussed this evening are the ffery hydra and the mara hydra which syry vouches for as town with no doubt.

So, TT and SP here's what we think:

d3x is town. you guys are town (duh town block). jake is town. (I have town read on peacebringer don't know about spry)

we think that scum is in (kthnxbye, amrum, porochaz, kybuby (I have a scum read on thenewearth, he says hellifiknow.

don't know about maestro or rank but meh.

what have you guys got for us.

d3x - i hear you on kthnx and i will look into more of his games. I'm kind of unnerverd that he hasn't responded to that meta read of mine. I would expect someone who was town to respond to that, so i'm all eh. But I'll look into things later...or ffery will cuz she's a better meta diver than I am.
You are scumeading kybuby? I think mara is townreading them.

I haven't seen anything that specifically raises flags from them so far. But I have some free-floating paranoia about Cabd that can take a while to settle.

Otherwise your list doesn't set off alarms. I'm still thinking about Amrun. One of her first posts struck a town note to me though the rest has been kinda muddy.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:47 am

In post 416, Porochaz wrote:
In post 392, trebuchet tabby wrote:
playing without explaining reasoning does not sit well with me. Im one of these annoying players who needs reasoning.
If you don't give it then what we are basically doing is playing a guessing game. Which I guess is what we are doing but I believe that we should be able to logically work out who is scum, by actually posting properly, making posts that are just "X is probably Y" removes that element and it becomes a crapshoot. This, unless they are terrible or unlucky, benefits scum.

It depends on how far this "town block" goes. It worries me that its still being mentioned after RVS.
Where is his reason free vote?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:56 am

My line of inquiry isn't aimed at you, Jake.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:21 am

We can talk about that after Porochaz replies if you don't mind.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:30 am

In post 413, Elyse wrote:Hi everyone! I'll read up today and hopefully get my thoughts down. I am finishing up season six of LOST though and I don't know how far I'll get.
One of the hydras told me I should watch it. I'm addicted, but not close to S6 yet. I shall get there though.

/random fluff
In post 417, Porochaz wrote:That is a ridiculous no of posts in a row, some of which say essentially nothing. Please stop it.
We all do it.

~

With that I after I talked to Fery in regards to Jake I went back to take a look at our two games together (both times he was town) and I saw a similarity which is something Fery did say in her post. i'm kinda leaning town on Jake.

Kthx's flip flip on Dex is alarming as I said before. I'm leaning scum on him because he can't seem to make up his mind, but I would think scum him would be more careful with that? I need to go reread the two games he was town in before making a final decision. It has to wait 'til after my V/LA though.

I also never did like Chk, but that was nothing more than a gut feel and Maestro did nothing to make it go away.

I'm liking all of the hdyras in gut feels. Tammy changed her play style which is <3.

I do not like Elyse giving townpoints to Amrun since others have commented that KKthx doesn't vote reflect his reads or actions.

One who shares my name seems town. (:

I remember having to go through neighbors for a ratio for my old micro game. There is normally scum/town or third/town, but I have seen town/town before. I don't think lynching either or of the neighbors is the best optimal play right now.

With that I'm V/LA until Monday night. I might have access - we shall see!

~Mala over and out!
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 am

In post 434, Porochaz wrote:
In post 426, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 416, Porochaz wrote:
In post 392, trebuchet tabby wrote:

Where is his reason free vote?
There is quite clear reasoning there. Its a pressure vote as can be quite clearly seen. Your "line of questioning" is weird in that your trying point out something I didnt need too. Are you trying to pick holes in my playstyle? Because even if you found something (by the way, the fact you didnt and still question me on it is noted and raises serious questions about your alignment) it wouldnt mean much, I don't like stuff with no reasoning, if there is something that is scummy and worth pushing, then Im going to keep pushing but I don't have the time (you'll notice my posting generally is consisting to a few post around the same time once a day) or the effort to go after every single thing anymore.
I asked this question because of your post 110. You called out pyrotechnics for a post saying that peacebringer is probably town as lacking substance.

An "Ima pressure vote maestro" is similarly lacking in substance IMO. And is also pretty worthless for bringing pressure to bear since it tells the target "hey this is just a pressure vote".
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:39 pm

In post 444, Amrun wrote:Trebuchet tabby, why would you dislike Elyse for giving me town points in general? That being said, I was obviously the first one voting kthx and that was why; his reads didn't match his votes. So why would she give them to anyone else, if she was going to give then for that reason?

That being said, not sure i like the whole "weird and confusing" schtick from Elyse, and that slot has been lucky/scummy all game. Also her reason for thinking pyro is scummy is really bad.
I am not sure why mala dislikes that, Amrun. We didn't talk about that post of Elyse's before mala took off this morning.

I want to give Elyse more time to settle in and post more before solidifying my read.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:29 pm

In post 453, Kthxbye wrote:I think y'all should lynch me today. As much as I think d3x should know I'm town, I think he's started his town tunneling. It is more than disturbing that it's on me when I feel he should know better, but the fact that he is doing it makes me lean back on town after taking a step back and realizing if it was on anyone else, it would be screaming town to me.

So, this brings my scum pile to porochaz, Amrun and I like the case/votes on newearth.

So yeah, lynch me today and move on to the 3 above and ignore my talk about d3x. Though he should know better and I will chastise him appropriately after I'm dead, he looks to be doing his town tunneling and it won't quit till I'm dead. Y'all will be much better off with him moving on (see my death) than to have him barking up the wrong tree (my lynch) for multiple days.

Add in the fact that my "pr" is worse than being a VT, and it's best if you lynch me today. I don't need to be anywhere near end game and might as well get me out the way early.
I very much understand the sense of fatalism where posts like this one come from. It's not a good place to act from in mafia.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:47 pm

I want to think it says town.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Because although it's almost always been town players in games I've played, I've seen a couple players who get that fatalistic as scum. Happened recently in an open game I played. Will see what I can dig up in the meta pile.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:01 pm

In post 480, Pyrotechnics wrote:Mara hydra - which one of you guys have been doing most of the posting?

TT - do you have a town read on mara?
Leaning town.
I was informed by other head that I misinterpreted him. I remembered him saying he had a strong town read on mara, but he just said he thinks she's town. I think they seem town. Are we right on them?
I think so. I wish I had some game experience with Venmar.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 pm

In post 254, Kyubey wrote:
In post 108, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 92, Kyubey wrote:

Not yet.

Why not?

Mami has been busy lusting over Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia.
Kyubey has been too busy being cute, fluffy, and evil.
Now that that's over with, though, We don't see form 10-C "Potential townbloc applicant procedures" anywhere in your ISO, you might want to fix that.
Thoughts about pyrotechnics? Amrun?
My town syr model says he lets the other head do all the posting until he gets interested in a game, this is consistent with that at least.

Amrun, I do have a good working town model of her from a few games (Red Wedding, Maestro's Greatest Idea, AMOL) so lemme pull that ISO.
What was your conclusion about Amrun?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 pm

In post 504, The Slovak Prince wrote:Ffery, are you mostly trusting Mala's read on me this game?
mala will make a good backstop when she's back and catches up, but the tentative town read is my own. I think the mylo game and getting confirmation/more reasons why you were town from nacho helped. So did agreeing with some of your reads in that game, especially the mollie read.

I'm kind of in the same spot of agreeing with some of your reads and the reasons for them right now.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #43) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 pm

In post 467, Elyse wrote:I think chk replacing out is a town tell if anything. As scum, why would he care about an annoying post restriction if it hurts town anyway?

But I don't like the idea of "lynching kthx before LyLo" when we should be trying to avoid LyLo. I'd rather lynch a scummy player right now than a player who's probably town just to avoid something we might not even come to.

Also, PB, do you honestly expect anyone to read through that massive quote wall? What is it supposed to do?
Synch achieved.

Vot: Elyse
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Vote: Elyse
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:28 am

Hey kyubey, want to compare notes?

Btw Kthx, I am usually not up for lynching even null reads on day 1. I compromise reluctantly if needed to avoid no-lynch. Negative utility IMO shouldn't mean day 1 default lynch.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #46) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:41 am

Agree, mostly. I'm kinda leaning town on Pyro, but it's thin meta without Syr.

You think the day kill looks not-town?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:43 am

What are your thoughts on d3x?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:03 am

In post 533, Kyubey wrote:
Scumreading any of the bolded?
No. peacebringer would be null without the neighborhood stuff and your vouch, probably. His game here doesn't look much like his priors at MS.

Based on meta, Jake would be a concern, but his stances actually make pretty good sense so far. :/
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:05 am

In post 536, Amrun wrote:TABBY, WHERE ARE YOUR META CONCLUSIONS ON ME?
Roughly half my Amrun-meta conclusion-drawing skills are locked up in another hydra, tbh. :/

I was townreading you early on. I think I called you town as far back as page 3. I'm troubled by the interactions between you and the Tammy half of the pyrotechnics hydra. Can't decide if that's been t v t.

I'd really like for Syr to make an appearance.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 pm

In post 561, Pyrotechnics wrote:Also ffery you've seen me as town too. I don't know what's keeping you from getting some kind of read you feel good about. I have near 40 games at this site so I'm not short on meta. I get it if you'd just feel better if syry posts, but that just reads kinda odd to me.
I've played one game with you. It happens to be one of the worst games I've ever played, and I took away very little useful experiential meta from that disaster. And Syr is a player I *think* I read well. I haven't been wrong about him yet. The things that worry me are mostly two of your reads: Amrun and kyubey. If you guys are town, then I'll weigh your Amrun read pretty heavily. We'll probably stick to sorting cabd/lynx on our own
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:15 pm

In post 570, Amrun wrote:Why would you weigh pyro's read of me heavily, tabby?
This is ffery. I trust Syr to read you pretty accurately if he's town.

There are two players I also hydra with in this game, and I know my strengths/weaknesses in reads relative to theirs pretty well. If I read them as town, where I think their reads are likely to be more accurate, I'll weigh that. But step one is having a town read on them.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:19 pm

In post 575, Kyubey wrote:
In post 556, Jake from State Farm wrote:Tabby would be my only other acceptable lynch besides amrun.
Jake, what the hell is wrong with you?
Cabd, meet Jake.
In post 576, Kyubey wrote:
In post 571, trebuchet tabby wrote:There are two players I also hydra with in this game, and I know my strengths/weaknesses in reads relative to theirs pretty well. If I read them as town, where I think their reads are likely to be more accurate, I'll weigh that. But step one is having a town read on them.
I'm right here ready to play, and syr is being a lurksack.
What's your read on Amrun?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:51 pm

In post 579, Kyubey wrote:
In post 578, trebuchet tabby wrote:What's your read on Amrun?
ISO says this isn't the same amrun I NK'd in AMOL, but this is the metadive I knew I was forgetting. Light lean scum, but not strong enough to vote for today over the "lolololol macho vt"
Isn't the raptured Amrun either. But...raptured.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:52 pm

In post 588, The Slovak Prince wrote:And Tammy is pretty Freaking town

I think I'm getting better at reading her...
You seem really confident in your reads this game.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:58 pm

In post 620, Pyrotechnics wrote:I guess what I thought was weird about it is that you read me pretty easy that game with no experiental meta at the time, and I think that my game is a bit stronger than that game where I waffled like crazy for three days and voted town until I was finally night killed.
I read Syr as town early in that game and followed his read on you. I eventually came to similar conclusions, but my thought processes in that game were seriously warped by thinking pjo was a town PR of some sort with a N0 investigation result on me.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 pm

In post 625, Pyrotechnics wrote:Alright ferycabd. What the fuck do you want?
What are your thoughts on Amrun?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 pm

In post 632, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 630, trebuchet tabby wrote:What are your thoughts on Amrun?
Scum. Anything else?
Heh. Are your reads lists consensus? Do you agree with Tammy-head about Cabd/Kuybey. If so, what is it that you're seeing that makes you think scum?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 pm

In post 635, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 634, trebuchet tabby wrote:Do you agree with Tammy-head about Cabd/Kuybey. If so, what is it that you're seeing that makes you think scum?
Our reads list are more or less consensus. Kyubey was put in there at my request; iirc she was liking them as town. I believe Tammy already explained this?

Cabd's nonchalant dismissal of my early game absence as "usual hydra behavior" pinged pretty hard for me. Considering he just got out of a scumgame with me where I exclusively prod-dodged, I find it hard to believe he'd just shrug off my hardcore lurkfuckishness. Pretty sure Tammy explained this too.

I had other reasons, but I've forgotten them. If I rediscover them I'll let you know.
She mentioned those reasons. I was a little surprised because I felt the same way about your lack of presence once I figured out that gifs don't mean you're posting.

Are you talking about Perpetual MYLO?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

I've kinda concluded that game wasn't a great one for scum-meta purposes. I'll refer to it , but I think it's a little shaky as a yardstick. You indicated that the interaction that led me to scumread you was basically a false positive.

Your hydra-meta is a different story.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #60) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 pm

In post 642, The Slovak Prince wrote:that might change once Syry posts though only because of the fact that he's syry
That was a convo between Syr and me earlier on this page.

He came off grumpy and squinty-eyed, which reminds me of the last game we played together on our main accounts (rapture mafia).

I need to talk with mala and see what she thinks. I want to vote Amrun.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #61) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:01 am

In post 666, Pyrotechnics wrote:Why am I all alone on thenewearth?
In post 669, Pyrotechnics wrote:I just don't see peacebringer flipping scum here. I really don't. I just think you're annoyed...an annoying player does not make him scum.

And I swear to all the gods above and below the earth that if thenewearth flips scum and you deprived me of a birthday scum lynch I will throw fiery embers from below and above this game until you all burn into oblivion.
GiF has this aphorism about huge effortful walls usually coming from town. I've seen a few exceptions, but it's way more often true than not. peacebringer's ISO wall in post would cause me to lean in the townward direction almost on its own.
In post 673, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 638, trebuchet tabby wrote:I've kinda concluded that game wasn't a great one for scum-meta purposes. I'll refer to it , but I think it's a little shaky as a yardstick. You indicated that the interaction that led me to scumread you was basically a false positive.

Your hydra-meta is a different story.

FINE.

Did you get enough to finally read us as town?
Better than that: I've gotten enough to better understand some of your reads. And that's what I wanted.
Now, can you vote thenewearth with us so we can stop the stupid ass peacbringer mislynch? cuz that would be really awesome.
I'll vote without a synch if we don't manage one by the end of the day. I really want mala's input here. Last time we talked, we were leaning toward Amrun, and she had some concerns about mara that I don't really share (though I threw a mala observation about mara into the thread for posterity).

I have reservations about TNE because I've mislynched/tried to mislynch him on 2 of the 3 occasions where we've played. On the 3rd occasion he was scum, but I had bigger fish to fry on day 1 of the hunterxhunterx game. From earlier meta dives (circa May probably) I found that he tended to make more substantive and serious posts as scum. Being a lurksack wasn't alignment indicative back then.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #62) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 am

In post 693, Jake from State Farm wrote:hey tabby, what other game besides buzzword did we play? I don't remember you making a big deal about meta in that game and I don't remember you doing it in the game that you hydra'd with Orc but I wanted to double check.

you seem more dependant on meta and less so on scum hunting

Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.
At the beginning of the borkgame I did some pretty significant meta reporting on your predecessor. Orc was scumreading him and wagons kept starting on him, but I was reading him as null/town to town as fuck as that game progressed. Early on, it was in large part meta based. He's much more cool headed and "come at me bro" when he's scum.

In buzzword, I had significant game experience with all the players except Mastin and DrCirno. DrCirno was new to the site so there was no meta available. I meta-d your scum games and meta-dived several Mastin games as well. I still fall back on those meta dives as needed. Which I did in Vengeball. You weren't playing to your scum meta in that game, but experiential meta told me that was not your town game.

Your play in this game - being reasonable and not picking fights - fits your scum meta more closely than your town meta, but I feel like you are genuinely scum hunting.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (isolation #63) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 am

In post 695, Jake from State Farm wrote:Oh now I'm sure you are scum. Lucky for you I can't get you lynched in this short period of time.

The land where movies are made is called reel estate
Maybe you should review those games bud.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (isolation #64) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:15 am

In post 697, Jake from State Farm wrote:That's not the part I'm referring to. I explain later.

Old shoppers don't die, they just sale away
I look forward to it.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #65) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 am

In post 699, Jake from State Farm wrote:Ok I misread one part of your post, I thought you said experimental mafia and I never played a game I called that.

Also I disagree, I was playing pretty close to my town meta in vengeball. I was scum hunting, pushing a lynch, getting angry, etc. I just had a really bad partner who was drawing heat and I couldn't buss.
Reread what I said. I said that your vengeball game was more like your town meta. The difference I saw in that game was that you were attacking me personally and directly rather than only attacking me through my hydra partner.
The part that worries me is You are right about my play this game it definitely models my scum game. I don't see you as just believing me outright cause you never have before. You also say I have been scum hunting but that's not true at all. I'm not scum hunting, I even said I didn't want to lead any lynches.
Yep and it worries me. We basically blacklisted each other in the vengeball game, and I didn't expect to play again with you anytime soon. I don't want this game to turn into more reason for mutual blacklisting, so I'm giving you huge benefit of the doubt right now.

Your going after me IS scumhunting. It's misguided but there is a clear difference in my play from how I play as a hydra with more aggressive/present players. But it's not so different from how I played in the Goonies game while I was in that game. Orcinus wasn't around long enough in that game for us to set a direction and develop our reads together, and I was hesitant to change our stance without his input.
Town you would be all over me. Scum you knows how difficult I am to lynch and if you know I'm town trying to lynch me puts you in the lime light too much. So instead you are hiding behind these meta dives pretending to scumhunt. Your reason to oppose the new earth lynch is hands down the lamest reason I have ever heard in a while.
Town me goes after you when I think you are scum. I'm not there right now, and this convo actually makes it less likely that I'll get there. Town me also actively opposed your wagon in buzzword which is a game where you could have been lynched IMO. It just wouldn't have been good for town.
I see all talk and absolutely no action from you and based on experience, this isn't your town game at all.

Old pianist never die, they just adiago away.
I have 30 completed games on site. You've played 3 with me as a hydra in all three. if you actually want some games where my day 1 wasn't ball-of-fire I'll give you some examples Or Syr can. He scumread me through day 5 of one of them.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #66) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:38 pm

I'll wait for an official vote count. if it's L-1 this is intent to hammer.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #67) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:24 am

There are a little over 7 hours until nightfall. I'll be around today. I will vote with an hour to spare.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #68) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:01 pm

In post 759, Kyubey wrote:TNE's ISO makes me feel better about my PB townread. She really avoided commenting on anything else, though.
I was leaning town on PB because of that one huge case he made as well as a ton of other lengthy posts. Reminded me of one of GiF's axioms.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (isolation #69) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Kyubey could you explain your Pyro read again/more?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #70) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 pm

In post 767, Jake from State Farm wrote:You don't have to. Just vote them.

I saw a beaver movie last night, it was the best dam movie I've ever seen

P.edit - pyro pushed the hardest for tne's lynch. I don't he hard core bussed so yeah he's town.

Tabby/you not so much
No. No, you do not get to play like this. Explain, please.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #71) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:05 pm

In post 778, PeaceBringer wrote:odds are that scum were already on my vote so they had no where to go...
Funny.. You mean on your wagon?
In post 779, PeaceBringer wrote:
vote the Tabby
This doesn't match up with the said above.
In post 780, PeaceBringer wrote:RANK- please get a claim before going off TIA...
You are going to berate someone who hammered the only thing he could before a No lynch could happen?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #72) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 pm

In post 793, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 768, trebuchet tabby wrote:Kyubey could you explain your Pyro read again/more?

This is a lame question that you should have picked up on before Jake did. Why are you parroting, and why is this question so flaccid?
I don't believe I saw Jake's post until later. I like to start lines of questioning with neutral phrasing.
In post 794, Pyrotechnics wrote:Tabby - is there a reason you get all "oh no you didn't" with the others who voted you without reason but didn't even raise a brow to me saying we lost our town read on you and would be willing to lynch you today?
Would you care to explain
why
you lost your town read?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (isolation #73) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:52 pm

In post 768, trebuchet tabby wrote:Kyubey could you explain your Pyro read again/more?
I didn't see an answer to this?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #74) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Mara what the hell is that vote about?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (isolation #75) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 am

In post 808, Pyrotechnics wrote:Oh also tabby there's the stuff with tne. Jake pointed some of it out, but when I get a break from work ill point out my problem with it.
As I said, I was worried it would be a mislynch. I posted intent to hammer, though, because I didn't really see an alternative I was happy to vote at that point. Rank hammered about an hour before I intended to IIRC.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (isolation #76) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Maybe if the original is in the same post with the misquote:

In post 825, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 822, Kyubey wrote:
so I'm guessing PB is scum
So you think we were lynching scum no matter what yesterday? And you think that scum let their 2 shot RB PR get lynched over PB? What scum PR do you speculate him to be that he would be saved over their pistachio loving RB? Lastly, where is your vote?
In post 822, Kyubey wrote:
In post 821, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 818, Kyubey wrote:
In post 817, Kthxbye wrote:Kyubey's response to this is the reason my vote is still on tabby atm.
What? I don't see how my response to marangal's vote makes your vote on tabby?
Your response to the WTF moment carrot boy (TSP) made was exactly what came to my mind when I read his vote with nothing else. I'm town and so since you posted a similar thought to known town, it lessened my surety of you being scum just enough to continue voting Tabby.
Fair enough.

My other head finally promised me to read up and offer her thoughts as well. Playing a hydra by yourself is incredibly depressing.

I did some setup spec in my neighborhood almost a week ago and asked for PB's input, and I haven't heard back;
so I'm guessing PB is scum
reading me enough
to yank any discussion in our neighborhood[/b].
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 pm

In post 833, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 824, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 808, Pyrotechnics wrote:Oh also tabby there's the stuff with tne. Jake pointed some of it out, but when I get a break from work ill point out my problem with it.
As I said, I was worried it would be a mislynch. I posted intent to hammer, though, because I didn't really see an alternative I was happy to vote at that point. Rank hammered about an hour before I intended to IIRC.
Here's my problem:
tabbycat wrote: I have reservations about TNE because I've mislynched/tried to mislynch him on 2 of the 3 occasions where we've played. On the 3rd occasion he was scum, but I had bigger fish to fry on day 1 of the hunterxhunterx game. From earlier meta dives (circa May probably) I found that he tended to make more substantive and serious posts as scum. Being a lurksack wasn't alignment indicative back then.
You tried to frame it as a lurker lynch. Him lurking had nothing to do with my scum read on him. I was pushing for tne half the day and said that syry said hellifiknow in response to my read on him. I said that it was bothering me that tsp didn't have a clearer read. But you never once asked me about that until I point blank asked you to vote for tne at the end of the day. And then you frame it as a lurker lynch. This bothers me.
I wasn't framing your vote as a vote on a lurker. I
was
describing my own impression of his participation level both in terms of frequency and overall substance. He had 11 posts, and there were some big timeframe gaps. And ultimately I agreed with the lynch. The time I actually did hammer him, it was 3 minutes or so to nightfall, the player who had declared intent to hammer hadn't made an appearance, and he flipped doctor without coming back to roleclaim.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (isolation #78) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:51 pm

In post 841, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 835, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 833, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 824, trebuchet tabby wrote:
Here's my problem:
tabbycat wrote: I have reservations about TNE because I've mislynched/tried to mislynch him on 2 of the 3 occasions where we've played. On the 3rd occasion he was scum, but I had bigger fish to fry on day 1 of the hunterxhunterx game. From earlier meta dives (circa May probably) I found that he tended to make more substantive and serious posts as scum. Being a lurksack wasn't alignment indicative back then.
You tried to frame it as a lurker lynch. Him lurking had nothing to do with my scum read on him. I was pushing for tne half the day and said that syry said hellifiknow in response to my read on him. I said that it was bothering me that tsp didn't have a clearer read. But you never once asked me about that until I point blank asked you to vote for tne at the end of the day. And then you frame it as a lurker lynch. This bothers me.
I wasn't framing your vote as a vote on a lurker. I
was
describing my own impression of his participation level both in terms of frequency and overall substance. He had 11 posts, and there were some big timeframe gaps. And ultimately I agreed with the lynch. The time I actually did hammer him, it was 3 minutes or so to nightfall, the player who had declared intent to hammer hadn't made an appearance, and he flipped doctor without coming back to roleclaim.
But see you're doing it again, you're just talking about participation. That's part of my problem, yes, but where you were inquisitive on our Amrun read, you weren't on TNE. It looks to me now that you were trying to get backup for an Amrun mislynch that you'd be able to not hold yourself accountable for. I mean I'd understand it if you were interested in more reads, but you weren't here. And you did frame it as a lurker lynch, and you still are, and it had nothing to do with that. And I don't understand how if you did meta dives on him, you were all testy. My meta read and gut on him made him a fairly certain scum read and I don't consider myself close to being a decent meta reader, but you do, so the fact that you just reduced it to participation and still are is bothering me.

Like I really don't know where you stand ffery on anyone, anywhere.
I hammered him in a game where he was the doctor. I did not have a strong scum read on him and I didn't really want to vote him but it was that or nolynch. On DAY 1. At the time you made your case, that prior game was at the forefront of my mind and I didn't pay as much attention to the details of your case as I might if it had been another player you were talking about.

It shouldn't be too hard to discern where my thoughts were on day 1. Today I still think Jake is town. I still think you are town. I am leaning town on kyubey, but it's usually later in the game when he really starts to worry me. However, Cabd didn't seem to get really stuck into the game, and that could have had something to do with the intensity of another game we were both playing that finally ended this week.

Peacebringer I'm leaning town.

Porochaz I don't feel like I really have a handle on. When I can get with mala, we'll discuss.

I don't get TSP's vote on Rank at all, which worries me. I was town reading her yesterday.

Of the votes we've picked up Kthx's looks the most opportunistic. d3x's vote looked perfunctory.

Maybe it's just me but I'm finding d3x even more difficult to understand than he was earlier.

p-edit That at least explains TSP's line of thought.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #79) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 am

We're Christine Ha. X-Shot Bullet Proof Aescetic Town.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #80) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 am

It's my role.

I thought about claiming it yesterday because aescetic looks like it's mixed utility. Mala thought we should wait and see if we could draw the NK. I am pretty good at getting killed early when I'm not particularly trying for it. :/
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #81) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 am

You have no idea how I angst about mislynches.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (isolation #82) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:47 am

In post 887, Kthxbye wrote:Tabby's play does not fit trying to get NK'ed at night. In order to be NK'ed, scum generally need to feel threatened by you. If you're BP and play lurky and safe, you're doing it wrong or you're lying. Gonna go with the later.
I was trying to look like a PR keeping their head down and not making waves, actually. I'm not good at that sort of play, and it's not how I play as a PR, but not many people at MS know how I try to play as a PR, and I was trying to outguess a scum team who might not have a clue.

But, we are missing a kill today, so maybe I did ok.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (isolation #83) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:49 am

In post 896, Jake from State Farm wrote:et tu brute? can nobody pick up a hint? did nobody read my post 860? I figure it was pretty damn obvious at that point.

:facepalm:

the redskin game is almost on and I am not looking at mafia during that game, so help me god if I have to come back on here and full claim to make this lynch go through I am going to be pissed. The point of breadcrumbs and hints is to PREVENT having to full claim on Day 2 FFS.

Okay so here's the thing. First off you say you crumbed, but all I see the case on us is a bunch of confirmation bias going on. You were scum reading us in Day 1, but wouldn't care to explain. In day 2 you come off with a scum read on us. People ask you if it was a result and you say no, but now you want to take that back and full claim to get a lynch on us.

~Mala

(Also I'm sick with the damn flu and I haven't had any energy to get up to the computer the last few nights to even post this, but now I have.)
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (isolation #84) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:07 am

In post 907, Jake from State Farm wrote:The fact that you claimed that you are an ascetic bullet proof and actually tried to imply mafia wanted you dead instead of anyone else, including rank is just too much bs to swallow.
Rank would have been pretty high up the list of who to protect, I'd guees.

You could not role block me.

@d3x I don't crumb role-related stuff. I crumb investigation results and that's about it. Role crumbing isn't a thing where I learned to play mafia because in that environment scum would be all over crumbs. Even investigative crumbs had to be pretty damn subtle.

If mala weren't too sick for mafia when the day started she might have dropped a crumb. It's just not something I do.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (isolation #85) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 am

Yeah, I disagree with that comment actually. You did have reasons and although I think the reasons don't make a lot of sense, I didn't and don't think you are scum for basing suspicion on them.

It kind of reminds me of the buzzword bingo game where you cherry-picked something, called it a lie and tried to push my lynch for a couple days. I didn't think you were scum for it. I thought you were annoying.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (isolation #86) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:22 pm

In post 907, Jake from State Farm wrote:I was asked if i was soft claiming a result, why on earth would I say yes? why on earth would ANY power role say yes? Saying yes is basically admitting to being a power role and the purpose of a pr is to stay hidden as long as possible. I even cover this in post 860
In post 860, Jake from State Farm wrote:
If I'm soft claiming a result, would I actually admit to it? I would have to just fully out it at that point.
later in that same post I bring this up.
The way I see it is the no Kill is due to one of the following

1. Mafia forgot to nk or possibly nk'd on purpose
2. Mafia hit a bp
3. Doc saved
4. Role blocker blocked the kill attemp

You can't tell which one happened but the RB would obviously think he blocked the kill. The doc would think he saved, and the bp would think he was targeted.

That being said, I'm comfortable in my tabby vote.
If I really need to full claim to get you lynched so be it.

I am 2 shot role blocker, I blocked you last night based on your play that is NOTHING like I have seen either of your heads play as town, based on your weak reason to not vote TNE, and your reluctance to hammer TNE which felt odd. The fact that NK happened makes me feel confortable that my suspicion of you is correct, even if there is no 100% gurantee I actually stopped anything.

The fact that you claimed that you are an ascetic bullet proof and actually tried to imply mafia wanted you dead instead of anyone else, including rank is just too much bs to swallow.

The lack of kill gives us a mislynch and since nobody has really made a compelling argument for anyone else and given my claim to have stopped you from killing, the right play is to lynch you

When the TV repairman got married the reception was excellent.
To be fair. You have never seen me play scum and you have never seen me play anything outside of a VT. The only slight possibility you have seen me being a PR is when I had that vig shot in the Cluedo game. (You were dead by then.)

The fact you are wanting to lynch us when you aren't even sure you blocked us is absurd.

Rank could
still
be a scum-day vig because I have never seen a town BP and a town vig in the same setup of this size. Our claim is also verifiable, but Fery and I aren't sure if we want to take these measures to verify our role because frankly.. It means we force us to lose our 1-shot BP, waste a day-vig shot in the same day. Which really isn't something I see is helpful to the town.

The reason why no one has made a compelling argument is probably because we have scum banking on this lynch at least imo.

My reads are currently:

Tammy/Syr - town.
Jake - misguided town.
Dex - town.
Kkthx - possible scum.
Rank - possible scum.
TSP - possible town.
PB - town

Amrun needs to post more.
Poro - unknown
Kycu - I'm letting Fery sort out. I'm not confident in my abilities to read C and his other head is barely posting.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (isolation #87) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Well if you didn't lose your vote we would have been lynched already. With no other competing wagon which is why I think scum are on this wagon.

~

@Jake:

We have hunted, we asked questions and got reads. You think we acted scummy, but to each their own. As I said your case on us feels like something you dug up from Day 1 which has confirmation bias glasses all over it.

I'm not trying to put paranoia into anyone's minds. Someone asked for our reads and I gave them. I don't think Rank is as innocent as everyone thinks he is. There is possible for a day vig to be scum aligned.

We don't even know if scum freakened killed at all during last night's phrase. You think you blocked us, but you didn't. We are bullet proof and it's passive so you can't block BP. We aren't scum.

Plus you are talking to Mala right now and not Fery.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:12 am

In post 921, trebuchet tabby wrote:Kycu - I'm letting Fery sort out. I'm not confident in my abilities to read C and his other head is barely posting.
Can't do much sorting without interaction. :/

Where are you, kyu?
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (isolation #89) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:16 am

In post 927, Porochaz wrote:Interested you latched on to the rank argument despite not being interested in it before
mala's been sick. Yesterday was her first significant posting this game day. I haven't put much stock in Mara/TSP's theory about Rank's kill being a mafia day kill, but mala has at least seen that kind of mechanic in games before.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #90) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:42 pm

In post 938, Pyrotechnics wrote:Part of that is fair. And for the record, I hate quote stripes, and I often post from my phone/ipad where multi-quoting is impossible, and I just react to whatever I react to while catching up.

Today there hasn't been a whole lot of in thread things, partly because the people we're interested in hearing from aren't posting much and partly because we had to do some reevaluating after yesterday.

We don't believe Trebuchet Tabby's claim. (the only slight pause I have is their argument that it makes sense for their role to exist with a dayvig) but it doesn't mean that it's town regardless.

We're fine with that lynch, and we're not voting there partly because it would end the day and we need that not to happen just yet, and partly because up until today Syry wanted to lynch kyubey more than TT. However, Syry came to the possible conclusion that kyubey might actually be town because they know that we suspect them and they've kind of gone mia. Cabd usually cares about his scum games more than that. But we really need them to post so we can talk to them and solidify that.

Our next big question mark is TSP. If syry's growing feeling that kybey is town, then we're feeling even worse about tsp.

If none of these are scum, then we don't really know, but we want these to be sorted out first and they're not really posting. Well tabby is, but I don't really have a whole lot to say there.
In the raptured game Syr eventually posted a case for my being scum. He was wrong, but at least he made a cogent case. I know he's v/la but I am kinda pissed that there's really nothing at all from him to even say lolno to.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (isolation #91) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 pm

In post 948, Pyrotechnics wrote:I don't feel like you're pissed. We don't like your interaction with kyuby, we don't think it sounds like you trying to sort them out, and we don't like your claim.
I haven't had shit to work with as far as sorting them out since about mid day 1. On day 1 I was actually trying to sort you guys sort of synchronously, because I thought I could use Syr's read as a barometer on my occasional tendency to think Cabd's town early and then have my read crater from there.

I'll keep an eye out for the party tomorrow.
Why should we be feeling lolno about you as a scum read?
Not you. Me feeling lolno.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (isolation #92) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:34 pm

In post 954, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 953, trebuchet tabby wrote:
I don't follow.
I guess not.

Syr has reasons to think I'm scum. Again. The reasons may be different from the last time he misread me as scum, but it's probably going to come down once again to mistaking a bad town game for a scum game.

It's difficult to even muster a desire to fight this because my role has negative utility, and I dread getting close to endgame under suspicion.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (isolation #93) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 pm

In post 958, The Slovak Prince wrote:Venny hasn't been around, period. He says he's busy with stuff

he didn't give me much other than he didn't like some posts, he specified post 614

and he thought posts between Peace and Poro looked a bit like scum/scum.
In post 559, Porochaz wrote:And it was a case that you could have answered properly as well.
that part is what stood out to him

something along the lines of sub-conscious coaching I think. I still don't really understand it :/

in any case, I'm unsure if he thinks Poro is only scum if PB is scum

and I don't think that claim is likely a scum role because it really isn't provable, and (IMO) the purpose of fake-claiming is to buy yourself some time. That claim doesn't accomplish that at all.

I still maintain Kyu being town in the neighborhood if it's town/scum but I'm not really even sure there because Cabd has tricked me so many times it isn't even funny :/
It is kinda provable, but it defeats all purposes imo. I'm starting to think you didn't read my posts after the claim.
In post 964, PeaceBringer wrote:seriously, roles have kinda fit with claim... so for the blind cook who won master chef last year we have a role designated as someone who cannot be messed with for X # of nights. Seriously letting that claim stand? Here is the deal. Either TT is really just useless town (by way of play and role) or they are scum. I think they are scum. There is no reason not to finish them off, get the flip, re-evaluate. Gotta break some eggs.
Thanks for letting me know to avoid you in the future. You and Jake play very similar and very arrogant for the most part. Screw you for calling us useless because we are not useless for the least bit and we are not scum. I notice how everyone's banking on our lynch and are like "lynch them and then get the flip", but not looking at anyone else, but us.

Besides from a few players still hunting everyone else is fine with this day just ended and it's fucking annoying in the most part.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (isolation #94) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Are you kidding me? If scum have multiple ways to make kills or even if there's a 3rd party (judging by lack of kills might not be true) being BP is
not
useless. You can sit yourself down next to Jake while being confirmation bias too. Enjoy your own corner and dunce hats that write "confirmation bias ahoy".
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #95) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 pm

In post 971, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 955, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 954, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 953, trebuchet tabby wrote:
I don't follow.
I guess not.

Syr has reasons to think I'm scum. Again. The reasons may be different from the last time he misread me as scum, but it's probably going to come down once again to mistaking a bad town game for a scum game.

It's difficult to even muster a desire to fight this because my role has negative utility, and I dread getting close to endgame under suspicion.
If you're referring to mafia.raptured though, I was reading you as pretty solid town. So my only real experience with you is what you consider as your bad town game.
That worked out really well for the raptured town. :/
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (isolation #96) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:40 pm

My ears are burning.

If ever there were a thread for demolishing food tells this would be the thread.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #97) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:55 pm

more like

Spoiler: chicago style
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (isolation #98) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm

In post 988, Pyrotechnics wrote:kyubey you said that before, but mala has barely posted here at all. If ffery wasn't posting then that hydra would probably have like 10 posts.
You are kidding me right? I take offense to this. I posted quite a bit day 1, thank you very much.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (isolation #99) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm

In post 994, Pyrotechnics wrote::shrug:

So what you're saying is that cabd is wrong nd you've both been doing a lot of posting, ie ffery's not leading the hydrA?
I think actually I (fferyllt) have posted more. I don't know about leading. Maybe? It's been a little bumpy because it's our first game as a hydra and we haven't had the opportunities to synch frequently that I'd like.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (isolation #100) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:11 pm

In post 994, Pyrotechnics wrote::shrug:

So what you're saying is that cabd is wrong nd you've both been doing a lot of posting, ie ffery's not leading the hydrA?
She's been posting more, but to say I have only posted like 10 posts is what is I'm taking offense too. I have posted quite a bit, but not more then Fery, but enough posts in order to get reads off of people. I just don't think you can tell the difference between us or something, who the hell knows.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (isolation #101) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:18 pm

This whole site is currently getting under my skin. It's a general comment I'm feeling at this point.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (isolation #102) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:03 am

In post 1026, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 1022, Porochaz wrote:I am loathed to make this day last longer than it has to, but can anyone including Jake himself tell me whether he has fakeclaimed as town before?
interesting that you didn't ask if I have fake claimed as scum also...

but anyway, I can't say 100% I have never fake claimed but I don't believe I ever have, the closest I believe is when I hydra'd with dashie in a game and dashie claimed we were 1 shot when instead we were 2 but the role itself was the truth.

ffly head of tabby can tell you that I can't stand lying of any sort
and will point to the game that we played together (her and orc as Selkies) - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4893423

read the next page also.

I hate gambits and I hate fake claims but this is treading too closely to the truth tells so I will say that I don't think I have ever fake claimed a PR as scum either, I am a terrible liar. On another account I claimed bomb as scum thinking I was clever and town decided to lynch me to test my claim having the next scummiest person hammer me.

I got a gold filling and put my money where my mouth is.
In post 1027, Jake from State Farm wrote:there are other games where town has lied and I freaked out, I just can't remember them off hand.

A dentist and manicurist fought tooth and nail.
This is true from what I've seen. As well as the selkies game where orcinus and I were IC and claimed PGO (orcinus' idea, not mine, though I have become a little more comfortable with town players gambiting since then). I don't remember the game name offhand, but during the Buzzword Bingo game I meta-read a game where jake freaked out over a joke post that buldermar made, thinking it was a doc fake claim, and tunneled him for the rest of that game day and eventually got him lynched.

In the buzzword bingo game Jake accused me of lying about my orcinus/majiffy read and when and why it changed. He kept his vote on me for a while that day. It wasn't a lie. But, it does kinda indicate that Jake pounces on anything he sees as a discrepancy.
trebuchet tabby
trebuchet tabby
Goon
trebuchet tabby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (isolation #103) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:41 am

Sorry guys. good luck.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”