Mini 1675 ~ Choose Your Side (Game Over)

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:57 am

Post by massive »

VOTE: Oversoul

Since im pretty sure you're ALL scum, we'll start with the liar.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by massive »

I arrr Groot.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:31 am

Post by massive »

VOTE: wgeurts

I guess he got the answer to his question.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:50 am

Post by massive »

So maybe this is dumb to ask, but why is there a problem lynching a claimed jester? It's not like it prevents you from winning yourself (in theory).
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:18 am

Post by massive »

I have a feeling cross-killing is going to be WAY more important to this game than mislynching.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:41 am

Post by massive »

Hey CoolDog -- do you believe what wgeurts said about there being two scum teams, one of which is cats?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:47 am

Post by massive »

Because you're all scum. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who picked "town" for their motivation.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:09 am

Post by massive »

Is he a legitimate jester?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:40 am

Post by massive »

In post 273, Maruchan wrote:No idea. Personally I think the idea of jester is high enough to warrant him getting nk instead of a lynch

I only ask because he had the chance to self-hammer in 143-145 (at L-1) and instead claimed vengeful and wanted to know who to shoot. This doesn't line up with being a jester who can just enact his wincon (which he then flubs later).
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:06 am

Post by massive »

I'm really just curious why everyone seems to blanket-believe him about his really horrible claim record, and why people were so eager to jump off of him and proclaim him a NK target.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:39 am

Post by massive »

In post 303, diginova wrote:A venge shot D1, *especially* from someone claiming to be a jester, is useless; it's just another random kill without information, that in normal games would have a very high chance of hitting Town; here, there's at least a 33% chance of that.

How, mathematically, does 33% fit into this statement?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:12 am

Post by massive »

In post 315, diginova wrote:All we're guaranteed is that town is the largest single faction, thus with three factions at least 33%.

Guaranteed where? Because I'm pretty sure I'm the only townie.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:22 am

Post by massive »

VOTE: MewThree

I can only assume you want to direct some unknown pro-town role to kill wgeurts so you can use your scum kill elsewhere.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:21 am

Post by massive »

I'm pretty sure that I'm the only townie in this game, and I'm not using any night kill I may or may not have to kill some unknown third party when I need to get rid of scum. And at this point, I couldn't care less whether an unknown third party wins along with me.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 am

Post by massive »

Why is that absurd? Do you think, as a townie, I have my priorities wrong?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:26 am

Post by massive »

Well obviously I can't believe you. Anyone else?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:30 am

Post by massive »

MOD: If not lynched, I would like to take this opportunity to set myself on fire.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:12 am

Post by massive »

It seems unlikely that you will be able to enforce any sort of request on me, Oversoul. But here, have my vote as a consolation prize.

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:14 am

Post by massive »

You know what, I'm more interested in the guy who put me at L-1 with a known game troll in the thread.

VOTE: Skold
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:44 am

Post by massive »

In post 423, Oversoul wrote:Uh that's not how townies with Vig kills play given they just almost got lynched
But let's try this again
What is your role?

I expect no quarter from you, and I will give you none.

I don't understand the fire ability quite either, but I'm glad for it. Unfortunately it will prevent me from doing reasonable things overnight as it continues to burn.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 am

Post by massive »

Maruchan
: Why do you think I'm scum? Is it still because I keep saying I'm the only townie? And before you go quoting the game signup like Oversoul did, note that that guarantee is not in the actual game rules. Also note that the possibility exists that you are ALL third-party and I actually AM the only townie, which would be hilarious.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:36 am

Post by massive »

I have no problem naming townreads. I just have none. I also, however, have no experience with bastard games, so I may be putting more value in normal-game normal-expectations than I ought.

And in any event, I still have to figure out how to (a) survive to endgame and (2) figure out where the lines are drawn. If I'm the only townie, then there's likely multiple scum teams, and the only thing preventing one from winning is the presence of the other. Or, heck, otherS, I imagine. As a singleton townie I'm no threat to scum teams.

Not yet.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:38 am

Post by massive »

VOTE: CoolDog
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:21 am

Post by massive »

In post 445, diginova wrote:Let's just say this as you seem to be stuck on your paranoia that you're the only town, even though it's been disproven multiple times.

Disproven how? We have no flips other than a singleton mafia.

In post 445, diginova wrote:If there was only one townie, even with multiple scum teams, there would be no way for you to win.

I've already noted a perfectly practical (and possible in this game) way that I could actually be the only townie.

In post 444, Maruchan wrote:The possibility doesn't exist because I'm town

OK. You want to work together then, let's work together. Come vote Skold and let's hold hands or something.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:02 am

Post by massive »

It sets me on fire. I'm not sure what's unclear about it.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:35 am

Post by massive »

McMenno
: Have you played with Skold before? If so, what do you think he chose for his alignment?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:49 am

Post by massive »

I have perfectly legitimate reasons to believe I am the only townie in this game. They are not related to Mafia in general (see: any other game I've ever played) or to pot. I understand no one can say "yeah, you are totally the only townie in this game, and we are gonna kill the town out of you" but please, let's not resort to personal attacks.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 am

Post by massive »

That sounds threaten-y. And I doubt you waste a daykill on me when you could use it on wgeurts.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:44 am

Post by massive »

Looking for third-person parties that can win with the town is about the most interesting thing anyone has said this game. That's not a bad idea. I assume that's you, Plotinus. And my vote is parked (with reasons) on scum, so I'm not sure why people would think I'm not scum scumhunting.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #29) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by massive »

In post 512, diginova wrote:
This reads like a post that has been revised over and over again, and I'm not sure why anyone that's town would do that.

This is the first time I've ever been called scum for my writing style. Kudos.

In post 513, Plotinus wrote:Do you have reads aside from me, cooldog, and wgeurts?

Klingoncelt feels like she's always about thirty posts behind whenever she posts. This seems less scummy in this game than in most, since it means she feels she can afford to be lax about reading. It MIGHT mean she has a scumbuddy, but I think it's more likely that she feels confident relying on the town in general.

You've seen my thoughts on Skold and I would probably be voting there if CoolDog wasn't just a jerkbag.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:16 am

Post by massive »

In post 516, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 514, massive wrote:
Klingoncelt feels like she's always about thirty posts behind whenever she posts. This seems less scummy in this game than in most, since it means she feels she can afford to be lax about reading. It MIGHT mean she has a scumbuddy, but I think it's more likely that she feels confident relying on the town in general.

Not exactly.

So, I should be scumreading you then?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:51 am

Post by massive »

In post 530, Klingoncelt wrote:Nice way to take my reply too far out of context.

Nice way to overreact to my town read of you. Come on, I know it was late, but read the joke in that post.

In post 557, Oversoul wrote:Massive - I think is probably scum given that ability. At least not town. That ability seems more "this role needs to survive" more than "town ability".

Well yeah. I'm the only townie. If I don't survive, evidently it's going to be a bunch of SKs and Survivors and whatnot fighting it out. (Man, I can't even THINK of that many 3rd-Party roles so I bet you guys got some doozies.)

In post 558, Plotinus wrote:Agree about massive.

(that my ability must be scum) -- your flip-flopping read on me is giving me heartburn. Am I scum or am I town? Or, like Maruchan I guess, am I town-leaning-third-party-with-beneficial-to-town-ability-but-with-no-exposed-win-condition?

I want to say "When I am revealed as town, go back and look at all the people who are convinced I am not the same alignment as them" but I really really don't know what good that does. Add diginova now to the stack of people saying "must be" third party.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 am

Post by massive »

In post 619, diginova wrote:I've never seen anyone in a game of mafia so single-minded about one topic literally the entire game, even when the rest of the players are trying to convince him otherwise. That's why I'd be fine voting him tomorrow; that sort of single-mindedness leads to mislynches (hey, he doesn't care who is lynched, as he's the only townie) and isn't beneficial to Town in general.

That's an interesting change in position from 445 / 470 / 497. Especially since only ONE of your quoted items has happened in between then and now. Who are you trying to win over in the "we should lynch massive tomorrow" camp?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:11 am

Post by massive »

512 SHOULD be a null and you should know that, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt. 564 doesn't help your case because it's an statement devoid of any reasoning, and makes your flip-flop that much more evident.

As for the quote? Well, I don't know how to express it. Mafia is a game of truth and lies, and the people who lie the best are the ones for which there is an element of truth. I guess ultimately what I'm trying to say there is, I think in this game it's going to be easy for a lot of people to point to me and say "oh he's third-party" since the only truth they need is "he's not the same alignment as me" to confidently say that.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by massive »

Ha! Well done! That part of it did not cross my mind!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 am

Post by massive »

Yes, Plotinus, why AREN'T we consolidating? Do you think skold is a better lynch than any of the non-peanut-based larger wagons? Why?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 am

Post by massive »

I don't mind where your vote is either. Looking just at 30, why isn't his question "did no one ELSE choose town?"

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 am

Post by massive »

In post 647, diginova wrote:If you want an Oversoul wagon today, explain why everyone else should get on board as well.

Aren't you ON the Oversoul wagon? I'm confused why I have to justify the wagon to you, since you're already happily voting there.

In post 650, Oversoul wrote:Massive, how high on the bastard scale did you put your role?

Complexity 7-8, Bastard 3-4. I think I've said before that this is my first bastard game, so I figured I'd try and take it easy on myself. But I think the values were averaged for all of us anyways.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:58 am

Post by massive »

In post 655, Oversoul wrote:Ok, given the bastard value, have you ever considered that the mod is lying to you about that part of your role PM? You know, when we have outside of game confirmation you're wrong?

I considered this, but decided it seemed like unnecessary information. Besides, having your PM say "you're the only town" instead of "you're town" may be bastard, but doesn't change the fact that I'm town.

How about you? Do you want to stick to being town, or are you also a third-party that can win with the town?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by massive »

So I thought I'd check to see who else really hasn't given any reasons for votes, to see if you were right in criticizing me for it, or if you were just tunnelling. MewThree, Cooldog, Maruchan, and McMenno could all be argued to have given no reasons (or minimal reasons) for their votes, and yet they seem to getting a pass from your stern lecturing.

I'm sure I look like an easy lynch to you for tomorrow. You sure are doing your best to focus on tomorrow's "scumhunting" rather than today's. You aren't pushing either of your scumreads (Maruchan and Oversoul, according to 564. Is this enough reasons for me to justify my vote? Ok good.

VOTE: diginova
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:29 am

Post by massive »

Could move to Cooldog or Skold. Unlikely to vote Plotinus or Oversoul.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:49 am

Post by massive »

VOTE: Skold
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:31 am

Post by massive »

In post 719, Maruchan wrote:Massive did you get any interesting night thingies happen to you? Are you still on fire?

I got no additional PMs through the night. I am not still on fire. By the time I got to the thread yesterday, it was closed up.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 am

Post by massive »

In post 719, Maruchan wrote:Massive did you get any interesting night thingies happen to you? Are you still on fire?

And I do agree that it's multiball. There's two Mewling Mafia exposed (Plotinus, wgeurts) and two that aren't (Mewthree somehow is just "Mafia" and Jeanne is "Mute Mafia") ... even if you discount Jeanne as a non-player, that still gives us one more bank of scum.

And you guys had me actually questioning whether I was the only townie or not.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:20 am

Post by massive »

In post 770, CooLDoG wrote:not a bad catch, but probably just lag from the night.

This is probably right; the last mod-post says "eight are left" and wgeurts is the ninth on the front page.

In post 771, CooLDoG wrote:ohh, yeah, if you didn't catch the refence: I GOT PLONT RIGHT!

In this game, I don't think "calling scum" is necessarily going to be something to pat yourself on the back for, since it looks like you got about a 50% chance of being right.

I honestly don't see how we don't lynch Groot as the other Mute Mafia. In fact, that's where I guess I go next.

vote Nacho
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:07 am

Post by massive »

Yeah I know, you kinda stood up for me, and maybe it's a bit rude when I could vote for Cooldog. Or diginova.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:01 am

Post by massive »

Yeah, all right. Maruchan, I hope my concise and honest answers will inspire you to work with me instead of against me?

VOTE: diginova
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:54 am

Post by massive »

You rang?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”