Mini 1695--Diamond is Unbreakable Mafia(To Be Continued..?)

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by Natirasha »

The only change I made after role randomization was that I made Kira's bomb forced to be given to town(because scum dayvigs on top of everything...ick).

Not much to say about the game since it really came down to Salamence being, well, Salamence and lol wordbombs.

The setup was not balanced, nor were the roles balanced in terms of each other, but, well, eeeehhhh...I kind of half assed the second half of the setup because I got bored(a common problem I have with my setups). As to the balance, with these types of one-off games where balance is secondary to fun, I try to let Stoofer's Law dictate the overall balance. A reviewer would have helped, but I was lazy on that too.

The IC Bulletproof-PGO was a mistake, though. Not too much, though. JoJo, imo, is about fun and ridiculousness, and there was some absolutely ridiculous stuff in this game so it fit tonally, if not gameplay-wise.

As to my behavior during the game, I apologize as usual with these things...I get bored and, well, don't care after a while. I think for my future games, I'm going to do more collaboration as opposed to actually the minutia of role pms/vote counts/etc. It's tedius and I get distracted. That said, I do feel bad about one thing.

I want my players to enjoy their games. I never seem to hit this mark--the scum teams of my last two games here conceded(rightfully), even my masterful Normal setup at MTGS got a lot of hate :( I put
fun
in front of
balance
when designing games, so this really hurts. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm probably going to take a small break for a bit--maybe run another post-restricted vengeful--then come in. My next real game will probably be something involving the
Red Text of Truth
. Maybe.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by hiplop »

fwiw i did like a good portion of the setup! just a few things kinda made it frustrating.

i did have fun at the start! really cool concept but too strong ic + too many protections. i think i seem more upset than i really am lol
third best scummer of all time
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I don't mind a bit of swingyness, haha! I mean tip the scales a bit more, but I don't mind if a setup has fun over design. I liked the IC role! Also, thanks Hiplop, you actually gave me a speed boost, that I would then use against your own team. I would use "The World" on n3, which would counter kill anyone who killed me. LOL (we'd both die)

Also, I'm sorry to see that you had some personal issues going on. Hope that situation improves for you, and most of all, thank you for hosting! I will say once again, I thoroughly enjoyed the IC role. I still disagree with Titus, slightly. I would lay back a bit but possibly only during D1.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 2423, sthar8 wrote:
What was the deal with the day2 freakout?

Freak out? What do you mean. If I offended you in any way my bad. I don't remember a freak out though. :shifty:
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by sthar8 »

You suddenly and out of nowhere decided I was confscum. And then you told me it had something to do with night actions that I was unaware of. And then you rescinded it like two pages later.

You didn't offend me at all, I really enjoyed playing with you. Love to do it again.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Chalk up to me not being present during D1, and just having some scumread spark up on you for a theory. I was just looking at people and you were one of the ones who just tunneled (correctly). I also didn't remember much from then, to be honest I tried took Titus's suggestion and laid back a little, and got a bit lazy during the end of D1. It's mostly my fault for not looking at your argument, I was busy with whatever other focus I had at that time. Also I had a theory, which I dropped later on once I realized there were others who may be scum over you. When I saw Hiplop being intentionally obtuse in relation to Sala, I dropped my problems with you. :lol:

The theory was that Sala was purposely making Piss target him to set him up as a back up mislynch on Sala's own death. Your questioning on claims only is what made it seem a bit stronger to me. I threw that theory away after a page or two, and it was the right play to throw it away.

Tl;Dr: Bad theory and bad memory influencing a bad scumread, which I quickly dropped for good reason.

---

Otherwise you and I were both right, as was Constastine (yet I was one more right then him :P ). It was good playing with you and I would like to play with you sometime as well!
RapidEyeMovement
RapidEyeMovement
Goon
RapidEyeMovement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by RapidEyeMovement »

I was pumping the IC full of his stands again too. He wasn't dying anytime soon. Thankfully, I didn't have to claim all game. Thankfully it didn't matter. Sala kinda outed the bomb role which screwed Farside the most. Overall, Farside acted pretty townie I thought. Sorry Constantine for not giving you the credit. Good catch.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

REM you were a good neighbor. And you really were obvtown. Anyone who reads the PT should see that.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by elusive »

Honestly, setup spec is not my thing but this game was fun. I enjoyed it. Thanks for hosting, Natirasha and hope RL stuff gets better :)
RapidEyeMovement
RapidEyeMovement
Goon
RapidEyeMovement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Be happy to play with you again KMD! You helped out a lot with understanding most of the people. Wish we'd have one more day of neighboring. We were on pretty much the same wavelength I felt most of the time.
St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

So Farside on N1 made the word "farside" a kill word. Did nobody really ever end up saying this, because I think someone must have.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by pisskop »

youre the first one. Just now. Standby to standby
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by hiplop »

one thing i never caught: how did everyone know what word we chose in game? i dont think we were told that people would know
third best scummer of all time
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by pisskop »

Sala.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
RapidEyeMovement
RapidEyeMovement
Goon
RapidEyeMovement
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:47 pm

In post 2435, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:So Farside on N1 made the word "farside" a kill word. Did nobody really ever end up saying this, because I think someone must have.

I believe I mentioned that it could be a form of defense on her, but wasn't sure if it was a frame job or what. I was flip-flopping between it being a set-up or proof that she was scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Titus »

I'm rather bummed no one realized my last flavor writing was outing my result on Farside
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2354, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:@Farside22

I think the game rules were all over the place and the set-up odd, but the game was still playable.

That part isn't imbalanced. Titus wrote the flavor ahead of time.

I didn't specifically write the flavor. I left vague directions because I didn't know the characters.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:34 pm

I noticed it Titus ;)

Seriously though, good job! I should have revealed it sooner. I doubted people would buy into me pointing out the line of flavor, so I decided to just try and manually role cop farside on night three. It was only until I was at L-1 when I decided to point it out, and surprisingly it worked.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:35 pm

BTW, do not mean to offend anyone by saying this, but if Cask or Ranmaru were online during the quicklynch, they would of vigorously opposed it and went after Rubicon.
Show

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Titus »

I just saw the ending. I am not God but getting better. Eventually, I hope to turn around scum tunneling me N1.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 2443, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:BTW, do not mean to offend anyone by saying this, but if Cask or Ranmaru were online during the quicklynch, they would of vigorously opposed it and went after Rubicon.

Please tell me more about what I would do.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

^ This. If you had legitimate reason, you could tell us that instead of yelling at us without any good substantiation. Conversely, if you had lynched Farside first, you'd help the town lose afterwords. You wanted her before Sala or Hiplop, and it was good I helped take care of those two before you gave your flavor line. I mean, good job man. I apologize for all the shit I gave you, but we all contributed to this game an equal amount. If you talked to me like a human being and gave good reasoning, I'd eventually drop my Rubicon read.

Also, thanks Rubicon for doccing me. I am sorry I have doubted you man. xD Damn the coincidences.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Titus »

Ranmaru, nice seeing you. At some point, I would hope you could review day 1, see what you could do to improve, and tell me how I can improve.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Nice playing with you Titus. My read on you was garbage, sorry. :D I can do that. If you want we can PM over it. I can deff go over how you can improve too.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?