NY 193 : Werewolf Mania (GAME OVER- TOWN WIN)

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:09 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

/confirm
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 26, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: BlackStar

He came close to beating the town in our most recent game. If he's a WW he knows how hide it well.

I'd like to know if this was RVS or serious.

In post 27, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: ika

While I agree JarJar sucks as a character, getting ika sorted is priority for me.

Why do you feel the need to announce this to the thread? If ika is scum, why telegraph the fact you will be putting his slot under special scrutiny?

I agree with JarJarDrinks' observation in post 32. Almost50 and SilverWolf have come into this game with a pre-game biased position. I will follow the development of their paranoia.

In post 44, Zulfy wrote:
In post 24, Golden Robster wrote:VOTE: I Am Innocent

indeed you are

Chance this is scum being cheeky
VOTE: Lobster

Explain this one to me.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 54, Xkfyu wrote:Why are you two so interested in getting each other "sorted?"

In post 55, JarJarDrinks wrote:"what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?" is such a garbage question this early into the game.

Yes, this is NOT a question you ask on a RVS wagon :giggle:

VOTE: TheBlueRose
Crime? LAMIST.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 57, SilverWolf wrote:We have a hydra and have played together a lot so this is as good a place to start as any.

Can you please give me a brief summary of their scum-meta.

In post 58, Almost50 wrote:I -of course- haven't yet formed an opinion on anyone. However, those who played with me before will know my golden rule: When in doubt; vote an inactive.

How are you supposed to engage an inactive who can't reply/react? :giggle: You may want to rethink that "golden rule" - interactions are everything.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 69, Almost50 wrote:@JarJar: Actually; it IS alignment indicative (albeit a weak tell) especially in my case. If I was scum and knew there to be one of my associates in an inactive spot I would've -at least- waited a bit longer before I pointed it out. But your explanation makes perfect sense too.

This is pure WIFOM. It is non-alignment indicative you raising attention to the inactive slots.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 76, Almost50 wrote:P.S. In case you cannot tell, I'm tunneling you until you prove to be town.

When a thief is going to break into a bank and steal money, he does so by NOT sounding the alarm first and informing the security guard he is about to break into the bank.

post 78 - Almost50's post is rich in WIFOM, but his willingness to keep his slot under focus is interesting and demonstrates
confidence
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 81, ika wrote:kiser is not reading good to know

Please do not discredit my posts - if you disagree with one of my observations please explain why.

In post 87, Almost50 wrote:Seriously though; do I really need to explain my RSV vote at all? I mean, you're the second person to ask about this particular vote. How on Earth could it be a "serious" vote back then based on what has been posted up to that point?

Yes, this was precisely my point. Your vote wasn't based on anything from this game. It was based on a pre-game bias (based on factors outside of this game) which you have entered this game with. In my eyes, it was an uncomfortable entrance into RVS (if this makes sense).

In post 92, Almost50 wrote:My golden rule may not be water proof, but it works more often than not, and
I've been stung by lurkers more often than to just ignore them

Ok, this helps me understand your position vs lurkers a bit more.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 97, Almost50 wrote:
@All interested parties:

I'm extending my invitation to you all. IGNORE ME, and find
the real scum
elsewhere. If we're getting closer to the deadline and you're still undecided and/or can't find a better target then
YOU ARE VERY WELCOME
to cast your votes on me. It's better that way.

Let me rephrase this. "Almost is an
idiot scum
. Let's find the more serious ones". I propose that you all write it down on a little piece of paper and put it on the top of your screen or the keyboard. This way you will never be lost. You find someone worthy of your vote = GREAT. You don't; I'm still here. *Rolls Eyes*

Did you just softclaim third party scum?
Scum idiot/jester?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 113, Almost50 wrote:I find it quite interesting for you to playing a semi-open setup; yet still don't bother to check the possible/impossible roles. The mod DID provide a link to the Normal Game wiki page, you know.

I do not think your actions were pro-town. If you are town you are working against your WIN-CON. I'm going to factor in your inexperience here.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 114, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 109, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 97, Almost50 wrote:
@All interested parties:

I'm extending my invitation to you all. IGNORE ME, and find
the real scum
elsewhere. If we're getting closer to the deadline and you're still undecided and/or can't find a better target then
YOU ARE VERY WELCOME
to cast your votes on me. It's better that way.

Let me rephrase this. "Almost is an
idiot scum
. Let's find the more serious ones". I propose that you all write it down on a little piece of paper and put it on the top of your screen or the keyboard. This way you will never be lost. You find someone worthy of your vote = GREAT. You don't; I'm still here. *Rolls Eyes*

Did you just softclaim third party scum?
Scum idiot/jester?

Are you 3rd party hunting?

Re-read the parts I highlighted within Almost50's post and answer your question yourself :giggle:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

@Almost50 - if you are a VT, never roleclaim early. You narrow the PR pool for scum. VT's should make themselves a target for a night kill not a lynch. That is why your behaviour has been anti-town.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 120, SilverWolf wrote:Back to this.

VOTE: ika

In post 103, ika wrote:ok im off to work.

ika's not at home... :giggle:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 123, Golden Robster wrote:Anti-town on the surface. I think the chances of him being scum are slimmer than what I previously had in mind. Why would a third party scum do that? Could he be a PR role and lying about being VT in order to lead scum away from trying to kill him? Is he trying to identify scum that might latch onto him?

I took a step back because I could see newb-town Almost50 messing his VT roleclaim up like this. It would be a very bold move as a scum-gambit (from an inexperienced player) - as it brings immediate focus/attention to his slot. Experienced scum do not actively create WIFOM on their slot to this degree this early.

In post 127, Xkfyu wrote:How many games has Almost50 played?

Ask Almost50 or click his profile.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 129, Xkfyu wrote:If you think pressuring Almost50 or ika will be less revealing than someone else, then who do you suggest we pressure?

Someone active or not suicidal IMO :giggle:

The problem with town-Almost50's
'I'll be the backup lynch'
plan is that it would be harder to distinguish between the compliant town votes and the opportunistic scum votes if Almost50 is encouraging the votes on his own wagon (the reason for joining his wagon is already there, thus, town/scum can both jump on without criticism). We need a wagon driven by a case based on scum-indicative behaviour - then look at the reactions/votes/arguments for and against around it.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 134, Xkfyu wrote:So, since you couldn't know for sure that he was inexperienced, I'm wondering why, and how, you made that assumption. If, in fact, it actually was an assumption.

An assumption based on his mafiascum join date, his frequent use of WIFOM and his early VT roleclaim.

Please explain to me the thought-process behind these questions.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

"she obviously believes that pressuring ika could give us good insight"

Yes, pressure on all slots is productive. As I said, this game is built on interactions. I just found it amusing that SilverWolf placed her vote on a player who just signed off to work (it's pressure, not not real pressure).

I was interested in hearing her notes on ika's scum meta. I.e does scum-ika react a certain way to naked votes on his slot while he is at work :giggle:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 144, SilverWolf wrote:There's def scum in here defending him if he's town and if he's scum, likely a scumbuddy in here.

Explain to me who is "defending him" and how.

In post 144, SilverWolf wrote:Keyser-reads?

I'm a player who develops reads over time through observations and interactions - I can't just churn out reads. However, I'm liking JarJarDrinks' contributions so far (I feel we shared the same thought process):
post 32 - similar wavelength to me, noticing the difference in RVS tone.
post 55 - liked his read of TheBlueRose's LAMIST question.
post 74 - notices Almost50's use of WIFOM (his actions were actually non-alignment indicative).
JarJarDrinks also had a similar negative reaction to Almost50's anti-town early roleclaim.

My only concern was his reachy interpretation of BlackStar's post as a scum-slip (post 96).

In post 150, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 136, Keyser Söze wrote:An assumption based on his mafiascum join date, his frequent use of WIFOM and his early VT roleclaim.

None of which are necessarily indicative of inexperience.

An experienced player should know that these are damaging. Well, I may admittedly be biased here because both things have led to bad repercussions in past games.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 165, JarJarDrinks wrote:looks damn familiar.

I do see a
defeatist tone
, but in the game you cited perhaps more apologetic, self-deprecating or 'slimey' :giggle: In this game he's held up his hand very quick.

I will look at that game more later.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 169, Almost50 wrote:@JarJar: So you won't let go even after I role claimed.

Just because you roleclaimed it doesn't make you confirmed town or immune to pressure.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Hi TheBlueRose. What is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 185, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 181, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 171, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 144, SilverWolf wrote:There's def scum in here defending him if he's town and if he's scum, likely a scumbuddy in here.

So basically what you're saying is that, regardless of ika's alignment, you believe one of {Keyser, Zulfy, Ricastle} is scum?

Yes

For the record, I think you're probably right.

@Xkfyu - please explain why "one of {Keyser, Zulfy, Ricastle}" is "probably" scum. Why are you ruling out the possibility of town challenging town, or town challenging scum?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 198, Almost50 wrote:I'm no longer interested in prolonging the day phase. I suggest you lynch me right away.

:lol:

...or you can scum-hunt. Begin by widening your focus from yourself. Then breathe in. Then try to react rationally and reason with the players who thought your actions were anti-town and scummy. Your reaction to JarJarDrinks vote was poor/desperate. Breathe out. We have plenty more days to use.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

*JarJarDrinks' push
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I won't be able to post my catchup/thoughts/reads until tomorrow - there is another current game approaching deadline (less than 24 hours).
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

I have 300 posts to catch up with since yesterday. Starting now.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Page 10, 11 - I apologize for the wall posting.

In post 206, Almost50 wrote:Are you scum hunting or PR hunting?? Even if what you say is true, you should have never put it out ON AIR.

You are in no position to say this as you roleclaimed VT.

In post 210, TheBlueRose wrote:Keyser - I'm not sure about you yet. It seems your posts are more criticism then scum hunting.

"Criticism" - yes I am being critical of player's posts/behaviour where I see lack of/no town motivation. That's my scum-hunting style - analysing the details.

In post 238, TheBlueRose wrote:So right now my question is what is it that has you both calling each other out as town?

Ok, I can sense why you could be paranoid with their mutual/unexplained town-reads with other. The end result has been it throws focus of their two slots.

Spoiler: Almost50's reads
In post 247, Almost50 wrote:My current reads (subject to change at any given moment as the game goes on):

1. Veegee : 0 posts. RED ALERT
2. Zulfy : 8 posts. Very weak town lean. post # was a town-motivated tip, but nothing else.
3. Keyser Söze : 23 posts. Mild town vibes. Sensible, calm and nothing fishy thus far.
4. Nero Cain : 3 posts. Null read.
5. I Am Innocent : 2 posts. Scum lean. Never posted outside the RVS phase.
6. Scarycereal : 0 posts. RED ALERT
7. SnarkySnowman : 7 posts. Null read.
8. BeBopReBop RhubarbPie : 4 posts. Very weak town lean. Being wary of me is only natural.
9. JarJarDrinks : 31 posts. Leaning town. Active, argumentative & persistent.
a. Ricastle : 7 posts. Null read. Obscure style of play for me at this time.
b. Xkfyu : 28 posts. Leaning town. Sounds consistent and perceptive, although somewhat preserved & conservative of his thoughts.
c. TheBlueRose : 12 posts. Null read.
d. Golden Robster : 11 posts. Initially had them as leaning town, but the PR hunting doesn't look good. Null for now.
e. BlackStar : 14 posts. Null read. Still -more or less- going with the crowd.
f. ika : 34 posts. Leaning town. Linking with SilverWolf is dangerous. If one flips the other follows.
g. SilverWolf : 21 posts. See above.

Do you feel you have a natural inclination to scum-read low activity players, and town-read the more vocal players?

In post 252, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 83, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 55, JarJarDrinks wrote:"what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?" is such a garbage question this early into the game.

Yes, this is NOT a question you ask on a RVS wagon :giggle:

Really? I found that quick wagon to be interesting. Did you have a problem with how JarJar disected those on and those who seemed to avoid it.

The problem I had was that JarJarDrinks' wagon was a RVS wagon (thus reasons for joining/opportunistic behaviour are less tangible/material that early). That is why I felt TheBlueRose's request for JarJarDrink's reads of players on and off his RVS wagon was too early/unneccesary.

In post 258, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 248, Almost50 wrote:My current reads (subject to change at any given moment as the game goes on):

9. JarJarDrinks : 31 posts. Leaning town. Active, argumentative & persistent.

I think I need more explanation on how you got from the vote to leaning town.

I agree, how/when did JarJarDrinks become a town-aligned "active, argumentative & persistent" player?

In post 263, Almost50 wrote:I think it pretty obvious I read JarJar as town all along, and that my vote on him was to make my point go through to him.

Ok - I see a pattern emerging:
you have pro-town intentions, but commit anti-town actions when executing your plan.
I think this is why I am having problems with your early game.

In post 272, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 232, ika wrote:its not wierd for me to turst her considering she knows every tell in the book that i haev and that i know most of hers as well

In post 219, SilverWolf wrote:Please be careful assuming you know someone's alignment based on meta as people can manipulate their meta.

:giggle:
This.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 302, Fraggernaut wrote:Also Radiant Cowbells has replaced Veegee.

Welcome RadiantCowbells.

In post 303, Nero Cain wrote:if he's not going to play then he offers no benifit whatsoever to town.

"Benifit" - this reads as a policy lynch - on Day One? :?

In post 305, ika wrote:HEY NERO HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP TRYING TO LYNCHT EH FUCKIGN SEER

In post 306, Nero Cain wrote:I CC now fucking die scum.

In post 307, ika wrote:VOTE: nero

THIS DIES FUCKIGN TODAY

I can't see how Nero Cain's posts would have made ika claim early - shocking play whether scum or town. It being a seer claim I recommend it sorting itself out at night. Moreover, why would scum roleclaim seer this early, it basically forces his slot to be resolved immediately (no long-term gain, neither short-term - Ika wasn't even L-1).

In post 314, SilverWolf wrote:Thanks for outing a PR there Nero.

Ika outted himself :giggle:

post 348 - JarJarDrinks highlights a good point - Silverwolf was once scum-reading Almost50's suicidal play, but now town-reading the very same behaviour.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 402, Nero Cain wrote:Ika had 4 votes on him. My worry is that he realized the heat on him was growing and fakeclaimed seer to out the real seer.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it. I do not sense that ika was under that intense pressure (I'm not seeing the need to play survivalist). Here were the votes on ika's slot:
Spoiler: votes
In post 27, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: ika

While I agree JarJar sucks as a character, getting ika sorted is priority for me.

In post 116, Xkfyu wrote:Oops EBWOP

Alright, let's get this thing sorted then.

UNVOTE: JarJarDrinks

In post 120, SilverWolf wrote:Back to this.

In post 229, BlackStar wrote:@ika Okay, you want me to vote again?
VOTE: ika I think its weird that you're already so willing to trust in silverwolf. He hasn't proven himself as town but as soon as he said I seemed off you voted for me. Either you're scum partners or you're just an opportunist scum who used his post as a chance to start a wagon on a townie. Yes, I know that its not a wagon yet but that's what it looks like you're doing.

p-edit: That's how I always am...

In post 249, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:ika

I'm joining this wagon until I feel like killing someone else.

In post 283, Ricastle wrote:Alright, then. You asked for it.

As you can see there were few votes with a strong scum-case on ika - thus, town-ika or scum-ika should not have been forced to roleclaim in fear of their slot being under threat.
I fear this is bad play by town-ika
. If scum-ika has fakeclaimed, he has no long-term strategy, as the real seer would inevitably counter-claim/flip.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 618, Almost50 wrote:So, basically the game is halted (albeit unofficially) until we get the replacements in and they start posting?

Do not fear, I am back - I will continue my catch up now (currently at the airport).
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

To page 22.

In post 512, Ricastle wrote:RC is one of the worst town players on the site. You'd do well to ignore him.

In post 412, SilverWolf wrote:We were in a hydra together. So of course he did. Check Open 613 and see the first thing he did was vote me and seek me out. He was town.

...and what stops scum-ika from not 'voting you and seeking you out'? :giggle:

In post 428, BlackStar wrote:I think everyone should look at snarkysnowman's ISO. He basically just parked his vote on JarJar and then vanished

SnarkySnowman's ISO was/is threadbare - but that vote was RVS. We'll keep an eye on how pro-active his later contributions are.

In post 443, ika wrote:
mod I have to replace out due to slot being compermised, I'll pm reasons tonight

In post 444, SilverWolf wrote:
@mod, I have to replace as well due to slot now being compromised. I will send you a PM.

In post 497, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VOTE: ika

Horrific entrance. No catch-up or thoughts, just a naked vote. How can you vote without first showing that you have read the thread? This again echoes the bias that SilverWolf entered the game with. That slot is now firmly in my uncomfortable pile.

In post 509, PhantomCobalt wrote:What just happened :-: I'll make a post later today or tomorrow.

Who are you? :giggle:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

To page 24.

In post 535, SnarkySnowman wrote:Scumlean {Nero Cain, Golden Robster, Ricastle}

Can you tell me how you got here.

In post 566, Xkfyu wrote:Also, unless you're scum with him, how could you possibly know that a scum ika has no long term strategy?

I do not "know" but based on the nature of the wagon on him I think it is bad-town play. If you roleclaim Seer this early you are then committed to that claim - I.e versus counter-claims, investigations, real Seer flip. If any of these things contradict your claim you will be lynched on the spot (I.e 'no long term strategy'.)

In post 566, Xkfyu wrote:You don't know what roles scum have, or exactly how many there are.

I did not state that I did - I presented my read of ika's wagon. This being a werewolf set-up I do believe we should have a seer (cop) though.

In post 566, Xkfyu wrote:How can you assume that you know someone's motivation behind their actions when you don't have all the information that they do.

I am assuming his intention based on his play/behaviour (that's the game!). No where did I state that I "know".

In post 571, Almost50 wrote:I find it very counter-productive to stay stuck on one subject/player and halt the game until something in particular occurs. But that's just me, of course.

I like the pro-town Almost50 :giggle:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Evening gents, I will post my catch-up/thoughts/reads in the next 12 hours.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (isolation #32) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:08 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 623, SnarkySnowman wrote:RC is most likely town I think.

Which posts make you think "most likely town"? I do not like empty reads, and I know that town-SnarkySnowman is/can be more expressive with his reads/thoughts.

Another example of TheBlueRose not being able to read tone:
In post 635, TheBlueRose wrote:When you say it is typical Ricastle, are you saying that is is typical town Ricastle or scum Ricastle?

Again, it feels like TheBlueRose is asking questions for the sake of asking questions.

In post 653, Nero Cain wrote:why are you calling the Silerwolf/ABR slot scum yet voting elsewhere?

Did you call TheBlueRose wagon an "attempted counter wagon" because you town-read TheBlueRose or because you scum-read the SilverWolf slot? (confirmation bias). It's Day 1, there are no wrong pushes [to confirm I neither town-read the pisskop or TheBlueRose slot].

In post 682, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 627, RadiantCowbells wrote:Everyone stop townreading me please.

Why would you want everyone to stop townreading you, regardless of your alignment?

This is survivalist-RadiantCowbells (null-indicative).

In post 687, pisskop wrote:Read the first 8.

Scumread Xkfy, Keysor, and mildly so Ric for inactivity. Townleans on Almost, Goldenrod, and JarBarDinks for page 3.

Could you please accompany these reads with some notes.

In post 739, JarJarDrinks wrote:My best guess is Albert leaped into a scumslot and he was pissed that he was already being scumread for shit that he couldn't defend.

I could see this :giggle:

In post 773, Almost50 wrote:TheBlueRose --------- this is the null line
Nero Cain, Ricastle xx, BlackStar
Golden Robster
I Am Innocent
Phantomcobalt ------- pending replacement

Is your strongest scum-leans/read activity-based? :?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 814, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 807, pisskop wrote:Well no, Im completely happy sorting through you while I wait for the rest of the game. Ima get in yo' head.

So, what are you waiting on? Let's do this.

:giggle: I like this from Xkfyu - he wants direct focus/confrontation on his slot.

In post 817, Masquerade wrote:And hi.

Welcome Masquerade, your slot is in my null pile - thoughts of the thread so far when you can.

In post 821, TheBlueRose wrote:Sorry everyone going to have to V/LA for about 2-3 days due to family loss. Will post as soon as I am able.

Very sorry to hear this bro x

Time for some ISO reads (on a few players I think have been on the periphery):

Golden Robster

In post 123, Golden Robster wrote:Anti-town on the surface. I think the chances of him being scum are slimmer than what I previously had in mind. Why would a third party scum do that? Could he be a PR role and lying about being VT in order to lead scum away from trying to kill him? Is he trying to identify scum that might latch onto him?

I like the debate Golden Robster is showing in his own head: there is paranoia, there is uncertainty and there is not ruling out possibilities (town-qualities).

In post 199, Golden Robster wrote:So you intentionally acted scummy in order to draw the attention of scum towards you. What does that accomplish for town?

I can see how town-Golden Robster could intrepret Almost50's actions as "scummy" and challenge Almost50's motivation/intentions for them - I also had a problem with Almost50's motivation versus his execution of those intentions.

In post 201, Golden Robster wrote:I don't consider you confirmed. I consider your play a gamble whether you are town or scum.

I'm actually contemplating that he might have a PR role himself
, and is playing a dangerous game of letting on the disguise that he is a VT; he might be hoping that this will give him more time to survive.

This remark raises eye-brows - it's not something you would usually broadcast. But I'm thinking scum-Golden Robster would have maybe kept this to himself. Right now, I can see Golden Robster expressing all his theories in his ISO (not holding back any view or possibility -
see post 123 also
).

In post 730, Golden Robster wrote:VOTE: SnarkySnowman

He seems to have gone under the radar.

You still haven't answered my question about your scum leans.

Yes, I like this vote - there is nothing in SnarkySnowman ISO that shouts town so far.

In post 776, Golden Robster wrote:
In post 775, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 773, Almost50 wrote:Well, I only have one vote and it's on one of them. If you want a full view of where I stand right now (Again still subject to change at any given time depending on new posts/actions):

:/

As town you should always be voicing your opinions.

Why do you have a scum read on me?

He can smell the scum oozing out from your lies.

I don't undertsnad the tone/reason behind this post.

I like Golden Robster questions to Almost50 here (post 785, post 791) - Golden Robster wants full clarity until he is satisfied. This push felt like it had direction/purpose (challenging Almost5's acceptance of SnarkySnowman's reads, who Almost50 is scum-reading). I.e I can see Golden Robster's thought-process.

Town-lean
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 969, Almost50 wrote:
In post 967, Keyser Söze wrote:(challenging Almost5's acceptance of SnarkySnowman's reads, who
Almost50
is scum-reading).

Correction: who Almost50 is
hypothetically
scum-reading.

Sorry, that was supposed to be "
Golden Robster
".
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 825, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 810, Almost50 wrote:hypothetically assuming SS is scum it doesn't change the fact that his reads are trustworthy.

:giggle:
True - SnarkySnowman's reads may be informative regardless of his alignment, but saying they are "trustworthy" is something totally different.
In post 945, Zulfy wrote:Scum need good reads in order to be townread.
Scum are in the best position to give good reads at day start.

They are only "good reads" post-flip. On Day One, no read can be classified as "trustworthy"/"good" (you can only agree/disagree with them).

In post 877, pisskop wrote:Youre popping off questions and over-analyzing things. those are townish qualities.

Those are vague/generic reasons to give someone a town-read. Which questions/analysis in particular did you like of Xkfyu?

In post 910, Xkfyu wrote:If you were really town, you would WANT people to question you so that they could actually get a town read on you, and eliminate you from their lynch pool.

Amen.

In post 920, pisskop wrote:I believe that if you were scum you would already have the answers to the game and thus be picking at people for flaws instead of everything noisy. i.e. you would cut out the extra for the meat of the game.

Its why Im kind of scumreading keysor

:giggle: I have not seen "scumreading keysor" - I
have
seen false-aggression bleeding from the tone of your posts (75 posts already), however, no direct pushes/presses on a player you think is scum [this is called spamming, a scum speciality]. I.e you are giving out weak reads but not supporting them with substance (post 687). Moreover, when you are finally confronted face-to-face with someone challenging you, you repel them with a town-read (post 877) and throw focus/attention somewhere else (post 920).

VOTE: pisskop
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 954, Zulfy wrote:Is seer just regular Cop?

Yes, but in this case gets a GUILTY or NOT GUILTY on
werewolves

In post 978, Almost50 wrote:A little birdie dropped the news to me. NO, WAIT! That was the BeBop bit. SS' was delivered by one of Santa's elves.

Meanwhile; River Tam (of the Firefly show) dreamt YOU were scum, and she's never wrong, you know.

:lol:
Is there a Normal WIN-CON where you win if you get lynched? This is a town game bro - I notice you love to create
"me vs the rest of the world scenario's"
. Is this a
playstyle-thing
or a
personality-thing
? It reads as very defensive to me :shifty:

In post 994, Xkfyu wrote:@Keyser Soze: what is your opinion on what I've said to, and about, Almost50 since I started my line of questioning on him (somewhere around Post )?

I don't understand the question - what are you asking?

ISO read on Zulfy, SnarkySnowman and I Am Innocent later.
[My other current game is approaching deadline].
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1024, Keyser Söze wrote:This is a
town
game

Team
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1027, Xkfyu wrote:The paranoia side of me makes me wonder if you did that intentionally, as a staged Freudian slip.

In post 1025, Xkfyu wrote:Your overall opinion of the interaction between myself and Almost50.

Painful :giggle: Almost50 is 'fixed in his ways'. I can see you pushing, but it looks like Almost50 only answers questions he wants to answer.

In post 1025, Xkfyu wrote:Where does Almost50 rank in your lynch pool? Or, anything else that you feel obligated to say about it.

My thoughts on Almost50 trying to justify his Vanilla Townie early roleclaim:
In post 121, Keyser Söze wrote:@Almost50 - if you are a VT, never roleclaim early. You narrow the PR pool for scum. VT's should make themselves a target for a night kill not a lynch. That is why your behaviour has been anti-town.
In post 132, Keyser Söze wrote:I took a step back because I could see newb-town Almost50 messing his VT roleclaim up like this. It would be a very bold move as a scum-gambit (from an inexperienced player) - as it brings immediate focus/attention to his slot. Experienced scum do not actively create WIFOM on their slot to this degree this early.

[After thoughts: I've decided it is null: it was basically a bad move as town/scum - however, I no longer think he is a "newb".]

My thoughts regarding Almost50's ridiculous "I'm the policy lynch" proposal:
In post 135, Keyser Söze wrote:The problem with town-Almost50's
'I'll be the backup lynch'
plan is that it would be harder to distinguish between the compliant town votes and the opportunistic scum votes if Almost50 is encouraging the votes on his own wagon (the reason for joining his wagon is already there, thus, town/scum can both jump on without criticism). We need a wagon driven by a case based on scum-indicative behaviour - then look at the reactions/votes/arguments for and against around it.

[After thoughts: I still think exactly the same - his continued efforts to use it as a fall-back option is very unconventional (aka anti-town). It would be a massive gamble to play as scum. His choice to ignore/engage with certain players is unproductive too - it actually results in the opposite of what he wants -
focus on him.
]

My distaste for Almost50 using his Vanilla Townie early roleclaim as a trump card:
In post 191, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 169, Almost50 wrote:@JarJar: So you won't let go even after I role claimed.

Just because you roleclaimed it doesn't make you confirmed town or immune to pressure.

[After thoughts: I still do not think he realizes that a town-slot is a town-slot regardless of it being a PR or not. I am wondering if I have a problem with his game-mentality or his alignment (are they connected? I may need to look more at his limited-meta)]

My thoughts regarding Almost50's playstyle:
In post 500, Keyser Söze wrote:Ok - I see a pattern emerging:
you have pro-town intentions, but commit anti-town actions when executing your plan.
I think this is why I am having problems with your early game.
In post 1024, Keyser Söze wrote:I notice you love to create
"me vs the rest of the world scenario's"
. Is this a
playstyle-thing
or a
personality-thing
? It reads as very defensive to me :shifty:

[After thoughts: This is Almost50 Day One: does/says something anti-town, then later says he had town-motivation. This is a contradiction. Almost50's playstyle fits a player that is playing for themselves - instead of looking at the long-term goal as a team. I would think groupscum would hold onto their own survival more strongly.]

My observation that he tends to scum-read low-activity players:
In post 500, Keyser Söze wrote:Do you feel you have a natural inclination to scum-read low activity players, and town-read the more vocal players?
In post 966, Keyser Söze wrote:Is your strongest scum-leans/read activity-based? :?

[After thoughts: I have a problem with this behaviour (as it's easy/lazy for scum to give out scum-reads to lurkers/people who can't defend themselves - however, Almost50 is
not
strongly pushing for these lynches.)

Null town-lean
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1044, pisskop wrote:interacting, why are you content to iso people, post obnoxious gifs, an then create a narration of their play

That's part of my effective scum-hunting style :cool:

In post 1044, pisskop wrote:I dont see you judging people's play in a way that lends itself to getting a read

I have expressed many observations/judgements that lead to reads/understanding.

In post 1044, pisskop wrote:It looks like you already have a read in mind and then find posts to support that read.

I both agree and disagree with this. Yes, I may have a read of someone before I re-read their ISO - but further reading of their posts will either strengthen, weaken or change that read. I am certainly
not
working backwards.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:00 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Yesterday's hammer dropped at 2am (UK time) - I missed a whole day phase (2 hours long).
Please wait to hear everyone's thoughts before ending the day
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (isolation #41) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Sorry guys, I've been very busy with work this week. I should be on this weekend though fully committed.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1809 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1483, Keyser Söze wrote:Sorry guys, I've been very busy with work this week. I should be on this weekend though fully committed.

I will start this evening.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1852 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Due to personal reasons I need to replace out.

I do not have time for mafiascum this month :(

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”