NY 193 : Werewolf Mania (GAME OVER- TOWN WIN)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 773, Almost50 wrote:Well, I only have one vote and it's on one of them. If you want a full view of where I stand right now (Again still subject to change at any given time depending on new posts/actions):

:/

As town you should always be voicing your opinions.

Why do you have a scum read on me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 775, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 773, Almost50 wrote:Well, I only have one vote and it's on one of them. If you want a full view of where I stand right now (Again still subject to change at any given time depending on new posts/actions):

:/

As town you should always be voicing your opinions.

Why do you have a scum read on me?

He can smell the scum oozing out from your lies.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What lies have I told?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

And why are you getting involved in our conversation?

Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 247, Almost50 wrote:My current reads (subject to change at any given moment as the game goes on):

1. Veegee : 0 posts. RED ALERT
2. Zulfy : 8 posts. Very weak town lean. post # was a town-motivated tip, but nothing else.
3. Keyser Söze : 23 posts. Mild town vibes. Sensible, calm and nothing fishy thus far.
4. Nero Cain : 3 posts. Null read.
5. I Am Innocent : 2 posts. Scum lean. Never posted outside the RVS phase.
6. Scarycereal : 0 posts. RED ALERT
7. SnarkySnowman : 7 posts. Null read.
8. BeBopReBop RhubarbPie : 4 posts. Very weak town lean. Being wary of me is only natural.
9. JarJarDrinks : 31 posts. Leaning town. Active, argumentative & persistent.
a. Ricastle : 7 posts. Null read. Obscure style of play for me at this time.
b. Xkfyu : 28 posts. Leaning town. Sounds consistent and perceptive, although somewhat preserved & conservative of his thoughts.
c. TheBlueRose : 12 posts. Null read.
d. Golden Robster : 11 posts. Initially had them as leaning town, but the PR hunting doesn't look good. Null for now.
e. BlackStar : 14 posts. Null read. Still -more or less- going with the crowd.
f. ika : 34 posts. Leaning town. Linking with SilverWolf is dangerous. If one flips the other follows.
g. SilverWolf : 21 posts. See above.

In post 773, Almost50 wrote:
In post 765, JarJarDrinks wrote:And is there a reason you were sitting on scumreads that were keeping to urself? Last thing you said about nero and ricastle was they were null.

Well, I only have one vote and it's on one of them. If you want a full view of where I stand right now (Again still subject to change at any given time depending on new posts/actions):

Xkfyu
RC, Zulfy, Keyser Söze, BeBopReBop RhubarbPie, JarJarDrinks
SnarkySnowman, Firebringer
pisskop
TheBlueRose --------- this is the null line
Nero Cain, Ricastle xx, BlackStar
Golden Robster
I Am Innocent
Phantomcobalt ------- pending replacement

I'm curious; why did you switch me from null to scum lean. Is this based on inactivity?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:41 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 774, Ricastle wrote:I don't have anything I care to say, none of the current conversation interests me, and I only posted because I got prodded. So, hi.

Despite that, my vote on Snarky is certainly a serious one, mainly because his ISO is objectively the worst/scummiest in the game.

I said that he was suspicious a long time ago and nobody cared
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 760, Almost50 wrote:BeBop is the one I'm leaning town on AND will still be listening to his reasoning.

this is also kinda funny given that bebop is sorta kinda shepping me

In post 605, BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:I read the previous page, and I'm ready to vote ABR if nero's reasons are good.

but I'm sorta sheeping Jar Jar so meh...

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

Why I don't like IAI: Their whole posting style feels like they want to appear active but not really digging into anything of importance. Instead they place comments that seem somewhat truncated as if there's something that should be there to complete them but they held back. I know I could be wrong, and I would've given it a much more detailed look if his wagon was alarmingly growing. Right now I'm the only one voting him, so it still felt like a safe place to park my vote until I've decided to move it to someone we might be actually lynching.

Nero: I guess the while thing back & forth between him & Ika earlier didn't help, and then he got stuck on the subject long after both Ika & Silver opted out, and as soon as that ended they picked another fight with BS. This is too many posts for too little input IMHO.

Ricastle: Is the other person I've stopped caring much about what they say. However, unlike JarJar I feel that his moves/interactions are most theatrical than genuine. He does appear to be asking, responding and even composing moderately lengthy posts, but nothing feels like he's doing it for a purpose with the exception of him looking like he is posting & voting.

P-edit: Check his last post. I rest my case.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 779, Golden Robster wrote:I'm curious; why did you switch me from null to scum lean. Is this based on inactivity?

Partially, yes. But even when you did post since my #247 you added practically nothing. A third reason (that may look most absurd to you) is I trust Snarky's reads. Now please note that I never said I was sheeping him, and I already had 2 reason to put you on the scum lean, but his reads gave me more confidence in my read on you.

Still, you're not the scum
miest
to me, so my vote stayed on IAI, pending Cobalt's replacement.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 247, Almost50 wrote:My current reads (subject to change at any given moment as the game goes on):

1. Veegee : 0 posts. RED ALERT
2. Zulfy : 8 posts. Very weak town lean. post # was a town-motivated tip, but nothing else.
3. Keyser Söze : 23 posts. Mild town vibes. Sensible, calm and nothing fishy thus far.
4. Nero Cain : 3 posts. Null read.
5. I Am Innocent : 2 posts. Scum lean. Never posted outside the RVS phase.
6. Scarycereal : 0 posts. RED ALERT
7. SnarkySnowman : 7 posts. Null read.
8. BeBopReBop RhubarbPie : 4 posts. Very weak town lean. Being wary of me is only natural.
9. JarJarDrinks : 31 posts. Leaning town. Active, argumentative & persistent.
a. Ricastle : 7 posts. Null read. Obscure style of play for me at this time.
b. Xkfyu : 28 posts. Leaning town. Sounds consistent and perceptive, although somewhat preserved & conservative of his thoughts.
c. TheBlueRose : 12 posts. Null read.
d. Golden Robster : 11 posts. Initially had them as leaning town, but the PR hunting doesn't look good. Null for now.
e. BlackStar : 14 posts. Null read. Still -more or less- going with the crowd.
f. ika : 34 posts. Leaning town. Linking with SilverWolf is dangerous. If one flips the other follows.
g. SilverWolf : 21 posts. See above.

In post 783, Almost50 wrote:
In post 779, Golden Robster wrote:I'm curious; why did you switch me from null to scum lean. Is this based on inactivity?

Partially, yes. But even when you did post since my #247 you added practically nothing. A third reason (that may look most absurd to you) is I trust Snarky's reads. Now please note that I never said I was sheeping him, and I already had 2 reason to put you on the scum lean, but his reads gave me more confidence in my read on you.

miest

What was it about his 10 posts, between the time that you stated him as a null read and now, that makes you "trust Snarky's reads?"
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 783, Almost50 wrote:

Partially, yes. But even when you did post since my #247 you added practically nothing. A third reason (that may look most absurd to you) is I trust Snarky's reads. Now please note that I never said I was sheeping him, and I already had 2 reason to put you on the scum lean, but his reads gave me
more confidence
in my read on you.

miest

Why do you trust Snarky's reads? Why did it give you "more confidence"?

Just because someone agrees with you, that doesn't automatically make your reads any better. In fact, Snarky himself hasn't done much in terms of substance and posts.

He gave reads without any explantation. Interestingly enough, both of you have listed each other as leaning towards town in the read list.

I'm still not convinced about how you can "trust" him.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:03 am

Post by pisskop »

idk. Thats rather weak.

The theory of 'explains reads -> I follow' is great, but the reality of it is much more. What you're gearing up to do here is to push him for putting faith in somebody who you don't. And using theory to hammer it home instead of scum-indicative behavior.

Ar eyou suggesting theyre buddies?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:04 am

Post by pisskop »

Thats like saying my townread on RC for looking insecure is poor. Except given the cotext it isnt.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 786, pisskop wrote:idk. Thats rather weak.

The theory of 'explains reads -> I follow' is great, but the reality of it is much more. What you're gearing up to do here is to push him for
putting faith in somebody
who you don't. And using theory to hammer it home instead of scum-indicative behavior.

Ar eyou suggesting theyre buddies?

I'm asking him why he has faith in Snarky's reads.

I'm not saying I don't have faith in Snarky's reads but I'd rather hear an explanation from HIM, PERSONALLY.

I'm not suggesting anything till I hear his reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:10 am

Post by pisskop »

kk. Thats fair.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 785, Golden Robster wrote:I'm still not convinced about how you can "trust" him.

Feel free to accept/dismiss my trust in Snarky's reads, but I have actually played with him before. I was scum & he was town, and I managed to convince most everybody I was town. All but him. He never stopped giving me a hard time until he nailed me. Oh, and he only posted like 7 posts in D1 in that game.
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 790, Almost50 wrote:
In post 785, Golden Robster wrote:I'm still not convinced about how you can "trust" him.

Feel free to accept/dismiss my trust in Snarky's reads, but I have actually played with him before. I was scum & he was town, and I managed to convince most everybody I was town. All but him. He never stopped giving me a hard time until he nailed me. Oh, and he only posted like 7 posts in D1 in that game.

This is based on your meta analysis of him from the game previously.

Weren't you the one who said that inactivity or lack of posting was a "red alert".

Is Snarky immune to that rule just because he "nailed" you last game with 7 posts.

Not strong enough.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:22 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 656, TheBlueRose wrote:I have my reasons for being very wary of both the ABR slot and the Ika slot.
While I am awaiting for the slots to be filled so that we may continue pressure (hard to pressure someone who isn't there) I have no quarrel in throwing a vote up or the hammer down on either of them.

Man this sentence is pretty horrible.

So he's waiting for the replacements cause votes on an empty slot are pointless...BUUUT he's cool w/ a hammer too.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

A little bit more: Snarky had me pegged on D1. It ended up with the lynch of my partner though, but Snarky's vote was on me until the very end. He started D2 with a very aggressive approach on me, and while I provided some tricky play that convinced everybody else I was indeed town, it didn't convince him. We ended up lynching a townie. On D3 though I practically had nowhere to go with 6 players left, 3 of which confirmed.

The point is he got it right from the first read on both me and my scum partner on that game and didn't seem like doubting his reads anytime after that despite the opposition of the majority. That's how I learnt he was one with a good initial read of the game.

I know I know.. he's human and very much prone to make mistakes.. but then I'm NOT sheeping him. I'm just using his reads as a secondary check on mine. If we disagree on someone I'd re-evaluate the reasons I read them that way, and if I'm still convinced with my own view then so be it.. I'll vote the way
I
deem right.
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 793, Almost50 wrote:A little bit more: Snarky had me pegged on D1. It ended up with the lynch of my partner though, but Snarky's vote was on me until the very end. He started D2 with a very aggressive approach on me, and while I provided some tricky play that convinced everybody else I was indeed town, it didn't convince him. We ended up lynching a townie. On D3 though I practically had nowhere to go with 6 players left, 3 of which confirmed.

The point is he got it right from the first read on both me and my scum partner on that game and didn't seem like doubting his reads anytime after that despite the opposition of the majority. That's how I learnt he was one with a good initial read of the game.

I know I know.. he's human and very much prone to make mistakes.. but then I'm NOT sheeping him. I'm just using his reads as a secondary check on mine. If we disagree on someone I'd re-evaluate the reasons I read them that way, and if I'm still convinced with my own view then so be it.. I'll vote the way
I
deem right.

Okay, I understand slightly better now.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

@GR: Yes. Sort of. I mean, if your meta includes getting prodded on D1 then I wouldn't worry too much about your activity level on that day. And if you play exactly the way you did when you played with me on another game I'd be inclined to assume you're of the same alignment as you were in that game.

Now let's -for the sake of argument- assume SS is scum in this game. Does it change the fact his reads are trustworthy? Do you think Scum!SS would put his scum buddies at the top of his town reads and put those he suspects to be PRs and/or strong players who could break his game at the very bottom?? I personally don't think so.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 793, Almost50 wrote:A little bit more: Snarky had me pegged on D1. It ended up with the lynch of my partner though, but Snarky's vote was on me until the very end. He started D2 with a very aggressive approach on me, and while I provided some tricky play that convinced everybody else I was indeed town, it didn't convince him. We ended up lynching a townie. On D3 though I practically had nowhere to go with 6 players left, 3 of which confirmed.

I
deem right.

Ok, I'll be a little more specific then.

Assuming you're town, in order for you to be able to trust Snarky's reads, it must be the case that you are confident that Snarky is town.

Now, in Post , you claim to have a null read on Snarky.

More recently, in Post you list Snarky as a town read.

So, there are two things that really bother me about your Snarky read, and how much you are trusting him.

1. Snarky posted very little content between the time you listed him as null and the time you listed him as town. So, I have no idea how it is that you came to this town read that you have decided to put so much trust in.

2. You listed Snarky 7th on your list of reads. A list that appears to be ranked from least scummiest to scummiest. And I know if I'm giving a list of players ranked in order of scumminess, I'm definitely listing the player that I'm "trusting" first, and I'm definitely not trusting the 7th ranked player on my list with anything.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:44 am

Post by pisskop »

Thats a little serious for such a weak point bro.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:45 am

Post by pisskop »

I think Hillary did fine pointing out what youre trying to. But I think such a hardcore effort is townish.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Ricastle »

I mean, I could keep obnoxiously picking holes in Xkfyu's posts, but that would definitely become very annoying very fast for the both of us.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”