Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:41 am

Post by Hyperion »

stole cousins f\hone to post at family gathering, should be home in front of computer withing a few hours or so, will read up and post then.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Hyperion »

Was catching up when something came up. So gonna leave this stuff here and finish my reply later so I don't have to find it all later. So ignore this for now...

In post 10, Starbuck wrote:
Vote: MoI
for loving all the same fandoms that I do.

I'm a little surprised at the quick Chooses right out the gate before you can even get a bead on reads.

Same as votes, doesn't matter if we throw them out RVS-like. But seriously people who attacked for this are ridiculous and scummy, it is shit to hop onto this.

In post 21, Minimum wrote:
In post 15, Tyene Sand wrote:I'm not Tammy, Minimum, I'm Tierce. Tammy = Lyanna.

We'll see.

Choosing should be policy lynch central since I can easily imagine choosing scum and giving that scumbag a strongman vig being worse for the town than taking out 2 townies that would otherwise get mislynched or screw up in some other way.

In post 31, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 27, Benmage wrote:Mina why did you switch your rvs already?

I could've sworn that second vote was a bit more serious, no? Esp considering Starbuck's awkward start.

Are you his scumbuddy?

In post 36, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 29, Dolorous Edd wrote:
Umm, I don’t see this (the part about picking scum can be worse that 2 townies dying)
. Scum already have a nightkill. Giving them one extra vig shot cannot cause that much more mayhem
, esp vs killing a scum off. Plus it would lower down the suspect pool if they’re a suspicious person.

In either case, I see killing off a suspicious person doing more good than harm. Choosing someone out of policy is pointless. Why no policy lynch the first day and have the suspicious person sent to kill Snow instead?

I beg to disagree? Giving a potential scum a strongman kill sounds like an extremely bad idea. You'd be basically giving them an unstoppable freebie for signing off plus their factional kill.

~Zar

In post 48, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 47, Feysal wrote:If we choose scum,
in the best case said scum misses town and cross kills rival scum
, and in the worst case he kills town, resulting in a one for one trade.

This is multiball?

How can you be so sure (unless it's made obv somewhere)?

In post 63, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 23, Benmage wrote:
We'll see.

Choosing should be policy lynch central since I can easily imagine choosing scum and giving that scumbag a strongman vig being worse for the town than taking out 2 townies that would otherwise get mislynched or screw up in some other way.

Ahh you are correct...

FYI the assassin thing is only a D1 event like thing. Nailing scum is still best as it equates to a 1-1 trade off... i.e. always good for town.

But I'm sure a viable PL target will showthemselves eventually to be chosen.

So do you want to treat it like a policy lynch or a regular one?

VOTE: Benmage.

In post 71, Starbuck wrote:I never realized that having a different opinion about how this vengeful kill (good description whoever said that) should be used would make me seem so scummy. I haven't slipped because I'm not scum.

I disagree that this should be used as a second scum lynch and if that makes me scum in everyone's eyes so be it.

Choose: Starbuck

Unvote
Vote: Feysal

In post 151, Benmage wrote:
In post 141, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 69, Benmage wrote:
In post 63, SnowStorm wrote:
So do you want to treat it like a policy lynch or a regular one?

VOTE: Benmage.

Doesn't matter.

It matters to me and I'd say it matters to everyone else since everyone is talking about it. Strangely enough, nobody picked on your noncommittal stance on the subject. You basically said you're 'ok' with both using it as a regular lynch to catch scum AND using it to lynch a policy lynch target; those two things don't match. So, again, which is it?

Well, I agree that we should use it as a regular lynch and send someone suspicious to kill Jon Snow.

Still doesnt matter if people view voting as someone suspicious, or someone worthy of a policy lynch. Both end with the same result, and that is using it as a second lynch. As people lynch both off of policy and off of suspicion.

So yeah... still doesn't matter.

In post 161, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Snowstorm

LOL

Nice scumslip

In post 163, Benmage wrote:
In post 45, Tyene Sand wrote:
In post 17, Benmage wrote:Why is everyone choosing so whimsically? It should be peoples #2 scum suspect... and it pointless to do now.
What makes you think the choices have been whimsical? Mine was far from it.

In post 9, Tyene Sand wrote:Of course, screwing up already.

UNCHOOSE: Tammy
CHOOSE: Lyanna Stark

This is the 5th post in the game.. and you're telling me this wasn't done whimsically???

In post 188, BBmolla wrote:
In post 182, Benmage wrote:Sorry Molla that was terrible :P

I knew it would fail when Snowstorm didn't post anything I could remotely turn into a scumslip.

Shadow thinks I'm town because I caught his scum ass
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Hyperion »

Continuing This...

In post 10, Starbuck wrote:
Vote: MoI
for loving all the same fandoms that I do.

I'm a little surprised at the quick Chooses right out the gate before you can even get a bead on reads.

Same as votes, doesn't matter if we throw them out RVS-like. But seriously people who attacked for this are ridiculous and scummy, it is shit to hop onto this. (People who hopped on this: Dolorous Edd, Tyene Sand, I think a few others did too but these are the ones who I remember...)

In post 15, Tyene Sand wrote:I'm not Tammy, Minimum, I'm Tierce. Tammy = Lyanna.

We'll see.

I disagree on policy lynch especially for a VI type thing (if that is what you mean by policy lynch). We should lynch scum with the "choose"mechanic, because a 1:1 tradeoff is better than a 2:0 or possibly 1:1 tradeoff

In post 31, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 27, Benmage wrote:Mina why did you switch your rvs already?

I could've sworn that second vote was a bit more serious, no? Esp considering Starbuck's awkward start.

Are you his scumbuddy?

Why did you respond to this? It was clearly dirscted at Minimum.

In post 48, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 47, Feysal wrote:If we choose scum,
in the best case said scum misses town and cross kills rival scum
, and in the worst case he kills town, resulting in a one for one trade.

This is multiball?

How can you be so sure (unless it's made obv somewhere)?

I don't see why it can't be multiball, especially based on flavor, Arthur you said it yourself in the intro thread there were alot of different groups that could be scum (Greyjoys, Baratheons, BwB etc.)

In post 71, Starbuck wrote:I never realized that having a different opinion about how this vengeful kill (good description whoever said that) should be used would make me seem so scummy. I haven't slipped because I'm not scum.

I disagree that this should be used as a second scum lynch and if that makes me scum in everyone's eyes so be it.

Choose: Starbuck

Unvote
Vote: Feysal

Why are you choosing yourself? I you think you should be the choose candidate, you had better have a solid scum read.

In post 161, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Snowstorm

LOL

Nice scumslip

I don't see where this is going...

In post 188, BBmolla wrote:
In post 182, Benmage wrote:Sorry Molla that was terrible :P

I knew it would fail when Snowstorm didn't post anything I could
remotely turn into a scumslip.

Shadow thinks I'm town because I caught his scum ass
[/quote]
So you vote for someone and THEN try to turn what they say into a scumslip. it seems like you are trying to manufacture scumslips.
Yeah...no
VOTE: bbmolla
i feel like there was more i wanted to comment on, I'll look back after I finish what happened after I posted this the first time.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Post by Hyperion »

In post 262, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 254, Dolorous Edd wrote:How come you always manage to find a ridiculous reason to just throw shit my way?

Calling out your behavior is hardly a 'ridiculous' reason to suspect you. Fact stands that it is more likely for Town than scum to be the first to broach "Multiball" and more likely Scum to be the one who jumps on them for bringing up the possibility.

Sheeping MOI
adding to this, you did say:
Yea, I was surprised at that too...

Also, there is so many possible anti-town factions:

The Greyjoys
Stannis
Dany
The Martells
Aegon/Connington/Varys/Illyrio

And I can see Tyrion being an SK

It looks like you are already suggesting multiball, but then attack Feysal for suggesting ti.

Choose: Deolrous Edd
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Hyperion »

Alright well

@ mod: V/LA for at least a week, college starts tomorrow...

and I'm spending tonight rushing to find textbooks I was too lazy to buy earlier
will try to keep up, just don't know what my schedule will be like

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”