Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4105 (isolation #200) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4102, vettrock wrote:VOTE: AJ
I'll vote vezok if there is enough of a wagon. I don't support any other wagons at this point.
Given that the only wagon aside from myself and vezzy is yourself, deary, this goes without saying. (At least presumably for most players. I am perhaps a bit of an abnormality for my willingness to be lynched.)

In post 4101, vezokpiraka wrote:I am tired of this game. I literally did nothing all game. Everything that happened was because of PRs and stuff like that. I don't want to come here and post every day. I am also frustrated that this town is not lynching faster. It's not like we want long days for interactions or talking about abilities. We have everything on the table. We just need to lynch. I am tempted to replace out, but my ego won't let me quit and I'd feel bad leaving jason to find a replacement.
And as I said: if you were town, now would be the time to have done something. We have 165 pages and 8 days worth of information on the table. That is plenty to get good analysis done, and continue to do for future days as needed. Yet you are taking a lynch-lynch-lynch mindset. Your words about the replacement are empty threats meant to hide the fact that you have no reason to lynch me and have no response to my case against you.

And then we have beast who is voting vettrock for fuck's sake. very good vote. It is so helpful. Even if vettrock is scum that vote is still as useless as a toothbrush without a brush.
On the contrary, Grinny also has vetty suspicion, and you have expressed interest in his lynch as well. That would make the wagon L-1. Obviously, I do not approve of it, but the vote is not worthless as it is a realistic lynch. (Were I ever to vote vetty, it would come on two conditions. The first being to not lynch me the next day, and the second being to respect your elders and their scumhunting abilities. As I do not see either condition happening, I thus will not vote vetty even to save my own life.)

Malakittens - the kitten who makes no sense and doesn't vote.
And pere who is doing his thing of not voting until the end.
This is because both, like myself, are analyzing the evidence we gained from the flip. This is evidence your callous attitude, were you to be town, would throw away. The flip changed nothing. The additional information altered nothing for you. You continue pushing on, without any pause, without any remorse.

Everything that had to be said has been said. What we need now are lynches.
On the contrary, given that we have a minimum of three (if not more) players who are analyzing things, everything that can be said has not in fact been said. In particular, I'm still trying to get some answers from Grinny on why he thinks you to be sweet, and Kitty is clearly thinking her opinion through.

We need to lynch today, yes. We do not need to lynch blindly and discard the evidence in the process that we are gathering.

In post 4104, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4092, Aunt Jemina wrote:Then it would appear we are at an impasse, here. As I cannot eat brains (that honor is Nati's), I do not think we can compromise. I have shown extensively why I feel vezzy is sour. Why do you think he is not? Can you tell me with a straight face that this is the same vezzy you squared off against in Organic Chemistry?
Couldn't tell you, since I was scum that game and knew he wasn't.
Then how about Left 4 Dead? You were both in there. Does this look like the same vezzy to you from there? I ask you to run the iso yourself. In particular, look at how even at the end of his life, vezzy was contributing thoughts: 2861, 2768, 2743, 2741, 2666, shall I continue?

How about Star Wars, then? Is that more to your taste? You were right there in lylo with him, where he ultimately voted you. But what did he do in that lategame, deary? He analyzed. 1634-1639 is a consistent stream of posting where he gave considerable thoughts. You were right there to see that. Where in this game have you seen anything remotely resembling this from vezzy?

It's been absent because vezzy is sour.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4106 (isolation #201) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

The main concern of mine at the moment is that with my lynch, you will then lynch vetty.

If this game has two scum and they are vezzy and Zexxy as I am telling you, then that is game over for the town aside from the right combination of cross-kills.

If you're not willing to lynch vezzy today, then will my townflip really change your mind on him?
Will my townflip really halt the vetty wagon at all?

A wagon backed by Beasty, yourself, vezzy, and after I die, probably Zexxy as well?

This is my point precisely.

And is exactly why lynching blindly is a scum-oriented agenda.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4107 (isolation #202) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Hmm, vetty, this also applies to you.
I am at L-1.

If I get lynched before I have the time to convince the town that you are sweet (I am working on that case), then you realize that you are likely next on the chopping block, correct? Do you think you have the charisma to convince both Grinny and Beasty to not vote you? Do you think both of them with what I have now will listen to me rather than their own opinions?

You can place your vote back on after I have finished my vetty-sweet-case, and after we hear back from them both that they will not vote for you, but as it stands now, the risk of a double-town-mislynch is astronomically high. Before you kill me, you need to make sure you're not going to get killed.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4108 (isolation #203) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

(This is, somewhat ironically, the exact reason Grinny gave for not lynching me yesterday. He got lucky and has a cop result on him that bolsters his town credit. You regrettably do not.

I'm getting mislynched today, and yet I think I am the only player in opposition to your lynch.)
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4128 (isolation #204) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4125, PeregrineV wrote:Yeah, so all of the ridiculous speculation that I could be a Godfather but the 2 other cop cleared players could NOT be godfathers can be the source of the next few days conversations.
This is precisely one of the reasons I think Zexxy could be sour, deary.

And this speculation would have to lead to
Encryptor-JK-Tracker
vs
Rolecop-Encryptor-GF/Ninja
vs
dayvig-hider-doc-cop-deputy-AuntJclaim-VTs
vs
kill proof but not II SK

So talk about what's wrong with this speculation and how 1 of the 3 cleared players is a GF. Because yeah.
Vote: Aunt Jemima
It's not, deary. It'd be Encryptor-JK-GF/Ninja vs. Encryptor-2xRolecop-2xTracker(-?).

You appear to not have the scumteams straight. DC,
if
still existing, likely have another member, either a goon or another weak role. (JOAT, 2x roleblocker, or something akin to that.) Marvel, however, must be the faction with the Godfather-ninja.

I would strongly advise you to unvote if you made your vote on faulty analysis, as you appear to have.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4129 (isolation #205) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In short, you are forgetting about which factions were which flip, deary. The tracker flip came from DC, and was two-shot. Thus, as a result, the Godfather-ninja must by necessity be Marvel, not DC. Marvel requires a serious power role to counter the town's strength. If you think they would be left defenseless against dayvig/hider/doc/cop/deputy/watcher (or even if you exclude my watcher claim, that is STILL too much power for the town), then you would be correct unless making them possess at LEAST a godfather as traditionally defined. When including the fact that I am sweet, by necessity you must also therefore acknowledge that it is jason's hyped-up stronger godfather. You can see citations of him having leaned this way towards GF design already with his answer to what a rolecopped godfather would come up with: as the most town result for a godfather possible. It therefore stands to reason from his answer that GFs would show up as VTs to a rolecop that they could not be caught visiting by a tracker or a watcher.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4130 (isolation #206) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 0, jasonT1981 wrote:
The Ruffling was Ultron. Marvel Universe Villain Alliance mafia Encryptor lynched day 1

Squirrel Girl was Venom, Marvel Universe Villain Alliance mafia Jailkeeper executed Night 1

Viomi was Green Arrow, DC Universe Alliance mafia Rolecop lynched day 2.

Titus was Nightwing DC Universe Alliance mafia Encryptor lynched day 3

Nero Cain was Batman DC Universe Alliance mafia Tracker turned 3rd party survivor modkilled Day 5
mozamis was Sin, 3rd Party Serial Killer with 1 shot kill immune lynched day 4
Here are the flips clustered by their faction. Encryptor plus Jailkeeper plus mysterious third player that is likely of strength.
Versus Encryptor plus rolecop plus tracker. (And perhaps fourth--see below.)
I've been working under the assumption of them being 2x, as I could have sworn that was included in both the tracker and rolecop flips, but as I cannot see that in the moderator iso, I must have been mistaken. However, this only makes it all the more evident:
Marvel needs a ridiculously strong role in order to counterbalance the fact that DC has
two
roles that can find them, and the town has a ton of strength even excluding me. Godfather that has immunity to trackers and watchers provides that. It makes them immune to the rolecop, the tracker, my watch, and the godfather: the majority of investigative power in the game. And once more, the support for it can be found here:

If the godfather has fake-claim, any hypothetical rolecop would get their fake claim. If fake claims have not been provided they would get a VT result.
A godfather is proven to be immune to a rolecop, and by its very definition, a cop as well.

Grinny,
you were there in the quicktopic where dramonic claimed
, and know that jason has extended this immunity to trackers and watchers before.
So it is not only entirely plausible, but almost assuredly a guarantee that the last Marvel is in fact a Godfather(-ninja).
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4131 (isolation #207) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

My mind is racing right now.

Many apologies, but I'm slightly reverting to my natural style of posting that my other account uses. I'm not entirely settled down.

I do request that nobody hammer (and perhaps one unvote) as to allow my mind to process the information it is flowing through.

I may have the game figured out 100%.
I am not sure. I need time to let my mind actually stop jumping to every possibility and focus on the probabilities and narrow things down.
But I may have broken the game.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4132 (isolation #208) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Hmm, I realize that applies to myself as well.
UNVOTE: vezokpiraka.

He may in fact not be scum after all.
He may be scum, that is true.
But I am not certain of it anymore.

As I said, I need time to run things through my mind. There's been an overflow of information rushing in that I have yet to process.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4135 (isolation #209) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4133, beastcharizard wrote:There is no way there is still a DC left.
I am in agreement, but I am in the middle of processing a final batch of information. Give me 24 hours to finish.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4139 (isolation #210) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Point of clarity: my time is up right now, but I intended for that to be time to think, not time to post. Now that I have had my time to think, I am writing up my thoughts now as quickly as I can manage, because this old lady thinks she has done it and solved the puzzle. I considered whether or not to make it one post or several smaller ones, but ultimately, the latter makes for easier reading. Here I go.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4141 (isolation #211) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Now, first batch of information:
The setup as we know it is objectively Encryptor-JK-? vs. Encryptor-Rolecop-Tracker vs. 3x Dayvig, Hider, Cop, Deputy, Doctor. This is a tremendously strong town up against two scumteams that as a result must be incredibly strong themselves. DC's scumteam, which I now firmly believe to be eliminated, had two investigative roles as well. This gives them an extreme ability to find power roles, at the cost of being unable to eliminate them aside from the nightkill. It also gives them plausible cover: claiming rolecop may be risky, but is viable. Claiming tracker is assuredly doable. (Nero chose not to, but it mattered not; regardless of his claim, he was getting lynched that day anyway.)

What, therefore, must Marvel have? Marvel must, by necessity, have the ability to subvert not only this incredible town power, but also the strength of the DC investigatives. The role best suiting this function is a Godfather. It gives a counter to the Cop/Deputy, while additionally giving a counter to the DC Rolecop, as confirmed by jason. However, also confirmed by jason is that the rolecop would receive a vanilla result or a fakeclaim if existing. I checked my role in Dr. Who, and while I had a fake name, I did not have a fake role attached to it (though I did have a fake rolename to claim), meaning that jason likely did not give a fakeclaim attached to any scum role PM. Thus, the result a godfather would return to the rolecop would be vanilla, of the godfather's fake-rolename. (As an example, last game I was Omega with the fakeclaim of Martha Jones. Were I a godfather rather than roleblocker, a rolecop would have returned the result of Martha Jones, Vanilla.)

However, if the godfather is immune to the cop (as is necessary by the very nature of the role), and if the godfather is immune to the rolecop (as confirmed by jason), then it stands to wonder, why would jason let a "vanilla" be caught visiting? I.e., why make the godfather be vulnerable to tracks and watches when either would end up exposing the "vanilla" as being something else? Again, I cite Dr. Who for why jason would not allow this to happen. Dramonic, my scumbuddy, was a Godfather. His role was called Godfather, not Godfather-ninja. However, in spite of being called simply "Godfather", dramonic's role granted him the powers of a ninja in addition to his powers as a Godfather. It is the reason why he performed our N1 nightkill; our scumteam knew he could not get caught doing it.

Ergo, the remaining Marvel role is a Godfather with the properties of a ninja added in. Jason did it before, and has no reason not to have done so again this game. It gives the Marvel Villains precisely what they need in order to survive: invisibility to the majority of investigatives, and defensive power. It is therefore a simple divide. Rather than give both scumteams a single investigative and a single method of interfering with investigatives, jason divided it up by giving DC two investigatives and giving Marvel two methods of interfering with investigatives, the JK (if used as an RB and not as a protection) and the Godfather.

Thus, I am working under the assumption that the remaining Marvel is not a ninja (I am not even sure jason knows what that role is, yet alone made use of it), but rather a Godfather. It is with that understanding that I will launch into my additional analysis.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4142 (isolation #212) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

EBWOP:
I can go into the theory of why I feel there is not an additional DC scum left, however, doing so would be what I see as a waste of time. The important takeaway from it is that we have two mislynches, not one, which is important in my analysis for the game.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4143 (isolation #213) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

This takes me to my first round of psychological profiling. Tell me, dearies. In a scumteam with what amounts to a super-powerful Godfather, what do you think you would do with the role? The answer is rather simple: at all costs, keep that role alive, and yet try to avoid drawing attention to it. A notable post on the matter is fliggy's, here:
In post 9, The Rufflig wrote:Ok, 1 point for PeregrineV (who has a broken link in his sig) and 1 point for Squirrel Girl.
And it is entirely viable for fliggy to mention both scumbuddies in his post.
In post 38, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 33, Aunt Jemina wrote:Though I am in fact town, you are not. You are pulling the same opener as last game and expecting me to townread you for it. You are also far more active early-on than the sweet-Grinny I am used to seeing.
What? Damn it! You two have had a game together since the last time I've seen you. Back to the drawing board.
This, about Grinny, also serves to be noteworthy about an interaction suggesting Grinny's sour. Note fliggy and Squirly's early lighthearted conversation.

In post 96, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 95, Josh_B wrote:Sheeping is convenient. -for scum. How about I promise to vote exactly opposite on every one that you vote for except for the times that I come to the conclusion on my own that I should vote on the same person that you are voting for. And even then, it will be voting in opposition.
In post 97, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 95, Josh_B wrote:Sheeping is convenient. -for scum. How about I promise to vote exactly opposite on every one that you vote for except for the times that I come to the conclusion on my own that I should vote on the same person that you are voting for. And even then, it will be voting in opposition.
Wouldn't it be easier just to vote him for sheeping? How did the Umbrage analysis go?
Note how both are, in contrast, drawing attention towards vetty's slot, Joshy. Thus, vetty is already an unlikely candidate for being sour.

In post 549, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 260, beastcharizard wrote:ZZZX was saying they were voting for info and not because they thought the person was scum. At least that is what I got from their explanation. I didn't agree with this so I was saying someone doesn't vote a town read for info they only should vote scum reads/null. That is what I found odd about what they did. The fact that didn't say they had a scum read but rather the vote was purely for info.
@beast: I'm confused by this post. ZZZX did state that he was voting Yates for info. I don't recall ZZZX ever stating that he had a town read on Yates. It appeared that ZZZX did not have any sort of read on Yates. So, ZZZX was voting for a null read. Did I miss something?
As if we needed more reasoning for Beasty to be sweet, this post is drawing attention to him that would be a bad idea.

In post 550, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 151, vezokpiraka wrote:Anyone who isn't voting ruffing or zzzx should reread these two guys.
@vezok: What don't you like about ZZZX?
This does much the same, and reduces vezzy's chances of being sour.

In post 691, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 673, Josh_B wrote:Chainsaw Defense. Busted!
Bro, do you even scumhunt? :P
Especially given daytalk, this is another reason vetty's slot is unlikely to be sour: it's drawing attention to Joshy unnecessarily, and not in a positive way. The main danger to a Godfather is either the lynch or the nightkill, so it is best for the Godfather to remain out of sight.

In post 797, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 793, Josh_B wrote:I think this post decently sums up the entire argument between Yates and SqG. and to think it all started with
In post 140, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't have much of anything to off Pidgey on, but will admit to a slight gut townish on him moreso than Yates simply because he appears to be trying to scumhunt right out the gate which Yates did not. I would neithe rparticularly support nor oppose either being lynched at this stage.
It was very peculiar for SqG to say Pidgey was scum hunting at that time, and the "[he] doesn't say that he wasn't scumhunting
at all
disclaimer looks like back peddling. The "right out of the gate" scum hunting claim was negated.
I have never changed from my opinion as expressed there. The disclaimer you're talking about is something Yates said I believe - not something I said. The 'right out of the gate' was not negated except via Yate's misrep.
This is another vetty-slot interaction that does not seem sour. The only post which so much as remotely seems to suggest as such would be , and even then unlikely that heavy-handed. alone shows why the Squirly interaction with vetty's slot is not that of a sour player with their scumbuddy. takes it even further. Again, this is a drawn-out exchange that does nothing except put attention on both of them, attention that they desperately wish to avoid.

In post 1063, Squirrel Girl wrote:I've called the following scum and still believe that; Josh, Umbrage, Displaced, TheAdmiral
I have a generally positive vibe towards Aunt Jemina though she feels hard to read. Basically I feel like she could fake me out easily. I sort of generically am okay with the pushes on ZZZX, beast, and maybe even Unfriendly.
Most of the rest of the crowd I don't think I have a very good feel for, a lot just feel like they...well, exist. I mean, they've done stuff but they don't feel like they stand out. I am pretty much content with the idea of flipping one of my scum reads until I hit a scum and then reassessing at that point though, because otherwise I can't figure out how you're supposed to sort this many people - there's too much we don't even know yet.
This is a particularly important Squirly post. Keep in mind that the scumbuddy is likely to be kept out of sight, meaning either not mentioned (vezzy, Grinny), or in the positive (objectively only I qualify for this aside from the dead fliggy, though I think Squirly avoided putting her second scumbuddy there). Putting the Godfather in the negative as she did with Joshy (vetty's slot) is particularly bad play. This does give slight evidence in Zexxy's favor as well, albeit not strongly. (Not to mention, yet again Beasty.)

So what we learn from this is that vetty is incredibly unlikely to be sour. However, there is more to the day than just that: there is the activity of the user and the posts that player made. The latter will be my next post, but off the top of my head, I can tell you that the Godfather is likely to have kept a low posting rate, in order to avoid drawing attention. While there's virtually no player who does not fill into this category at least partially, the player who least fit into it for D1 was Joshy, as he was posting frequently and in the spotlight rather a fair amount: not where you want your Godfather to be. Thus, vetty's already sweet.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4144 (isolation #214) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

To quickly demonstrate what I mean, observe raw post numbers:
At the end of D1, I had 16; Kitty's slot had 16;
Vezzy had 23;
Beasty had 26;
Grinny had 73;
Zexxy had 85;
Joshy had

This does not account for content within the posts (some players post more content than others within each post and thus, have a lower post rate), nor accounting for style. (For instance, I am known on this name for a lower post count number than I am on my other account, as I make a few longer and more-informed posting rather than a number of less-informed posting that would increase my post count significantly.) It also does not take into consideration player activities. (I had a fair amount of mini-V/LAs during that time period, where I was absent for multiple periods of less than three days; Kitty's slot got replaced. This just to name the bottom two. Vezzy I believe may have also held a V/LA during this time period as well.)

If you take a look at the content within the posting, then the scales tip. Joshy's posting was almost nothing but content, which appears to be trying to solve the game. Zexxy, vezzy, and Grinny are all about equal in different ways with how their posting contains some content, but not as much as their post count may indicate, and may not be scumhunting. So it comes down more to who they were pushing and why, and what makes more sense for a Godfather to do. As I said, I am going to cover this one next.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4145 (isolation #215) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Before I begin, I should note that a trend of the Godfather would be that they are not going to be afraid of bussing as much as most players would be: as essentially the strongest scum role on their team, they would prioritize their own survival above their scumbuddies. However, that being said, they are not going to throw away the life of their scumbuddy unnecessarily, as the game becomes harder to win by numbers alone if having done so. Thus, what we are looking for is a player who is willing to bus, but may not have done so: someone who did not interact strongly with the flipped Marvel scum.

Let us begin with highlights from Joshy, of course. Joshy's early play does in fact contain what is a strong indication of unfamiliarity with scum roles on this site:
In post 474, Josh_B wrote:Why are you so hung up on KidA, He freely claimed wolverine at the beginning. Now unless you have some reason to believe that wolverine isn't in this game, or that wolverine is a fake claim that just hasn't been CC'd yet, I'm not seeing any issue against him that would indicate that he's scum.
In post 479, Josh_B wrote:
In post 476, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Who cares? If I freely claimed, I don't know, Thor at the beginning, would that make me automatically town? Fakeclaims exist.
Thanks Bulbafenix for responding to this. I'm not saying that a claim automatically makes a person town. I'm asking if there's a reason to not believe that KidA's claim is true. If you claimed such a prominent character at the beginning with no prompting, and you weren't CC'd on it, I'd think you were probably town too.
In post 483, Josh_B wrote:
In post 481, Chandra Nalaar wrote:ew or not, but
any mod worth his salt gives fake rolenames to the mafia
around here if they're necessary.
Really why? Which mods give that sort of advantage to scum? If they are going to give an advantage to scum like that, why even give character names in the first place. Why would a mod go through all the trouble to create a game, such as this one, with a theme, that was made clear was Marvel Avengers Alliance vs. People outside the Marvel Universe and then give fake claims to the non marvel characters?
and more importantly, What would make predetermined fake claims necessary for this game?
In post 485, Josh_B wrote:
In post 484, Chandra Nalaar wrote:ass flavor claim wouldn't pass the review process.
That would have to mean there aren't enough characters in the theme to support a generous pool of fake claims. Do you think that applies to this theme? A mass flavor claim in this game even with the number of people playing would still allow a viable pool of likely town character claims from scum. without fake claims predetermined, the opportunity for CCing allows the game to maintain a certain balance that causes most themed games to be a little more enjoyable.
In post 502, Josh_B wrote:
In post 499, Yates wrote:Are you assuming scum didn't receive fake claims for some reason? My experience with Jason's games is that he does give them out:
WWE
Heroes of Comedy - it doesn't say in the end game but I had a fake claim of Ross Gellar
DC Universe
Inbetweeners Mafia
That, I think, should suffice to illustrate that Jason typically gives fake claims. Some of his games that were eaten by Tigers I also know had fake claims but I can't find them to link, obviously.
I didn't know that before I jumped in this game. No offense to Jason, but I'd rather play bastard games, than play themed games where the theme has no value. I think that giving mafia fake claims takes away from the value of the game being themed. I'm not going to quit this one mind you, but it's something I'll watch out for in the future.
In post 506, Josh_B wrote:
In post 503, Chandra Nalaar wrote:You'll want to stay away from all theme games on this site then.
Why theme a game then, if counter claims are impossible? Why go through all the work of assigning characters to the roles if they don't mean anything?
In post 511, Josh_B wrote:Sorry bro. I'm not new to Mafia, but I am new to this site. Knowing what to expect is important.
-Thanks guys for clearing it up. I'm still trying to adjust to MS.net's plethora of VT's and Goons vs. Debate.org's overabundance of power roles.
This could also be a bit of a townslip of him being a VT. By saying he is adjusting to the abundance of VTs, that implies he does not have a role.

In post 575, Josh_B wrote:
In post 564, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't think I made anything unreadable, and if I did you can just skip it. It's like you are skipping it, because he never called it silly and I never said he did, and I just made a post clarifying this fact that you decided to take time out of your day to suggest was poor play on my part while clearly not reading it - I guess because I make things unreadbale.
I also don't think I have failed to comment about other issues, but if you think there's an issue that needs my attention feel free to name it. :igmeou:
OK. How do you feel about KidA, chandra and rufflig
This interaction does not look like that of a scumbuddy, and is showing direction being placed towards fliggy as well. By itself makes Joshy an unlikely candidate for being sour.

In post 703, Josh_B wrote:Also, Aronis shouldn't have been shot. jk says he thought that Aronis was scum. Aronis wasn't scum. I went back through the DP and tried to find out who if anyone was pushing for this. I'm not surprised that I found Ruflig.
ZZZX can wait for now, Let's ratchet this ImageBack up to where it needs to be.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ruflig
Joshy was a strong early pusher of fliggy being sour. Again, a sour Godfather has reason to prioritize their own survival higher, but are very likely not going to discard their scumbuddies so readily. Especially given that contains a rather strong Squirly attack as well. Joshy attacked not only fliggy, but also Squirly. Now Joshy may have been new to the site, but I think him not to be stupid. To bus both your scumbuddies so strongly, you would have to be a complete moron.

I could continue to quote Joshy's Squirly interactions and continued push against fliggy, but the simple fact is, the majority of his time was spent pushing them. And just as Rach's slot spending so much time defending them meant Rach couldn't be scum, the same is true of vetty's slot having done the inverse.

Joshy pushed hard, and spent the majority of his time scumhunting on D1, and very clearly was trying to figure out the game, having both fliggy and Squirly in his sights the entire time. Thus, vetty in his slot is without a doubt town. And this is just off of D1 for him. (There is more on the profile of a Godfather after their scumbuddies have died that I will cover after I finish with the D1s of the other relevant players: Grinny, vezzy, and Zexxy in particular.)
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4147 (isolation #216) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

What the hell, deary.
I was not even remotely finished.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4185 (isolation #217) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Here is the Marvel Quicktopic. You will note the considerable amount of talking that I did in there.

In post 4155, ika wrote:omfg, how did this game get a no-lynch...
all that AJ posting i saw was giant fluff and i payed no mind to it.
watcher was scum by nero trcker flip, it made sense in the ballence format
The game got a no-lynch because I am a badass motherfudger. :cool:

My posting was anything but fluff, and as you will see in the quicktopic, I was legitimately scumhunting right until the point where I realized I had been working under the erroneous assumption that DC's roles were 2-shot. It was only after I realized that they were full that I knew DC had been eliminated. (Thus, before that point, I was legitimately thinking that vezzy was sour. It was only after then that I realized he was sweet.) You are quite correct about the flip making me scum by balance, as one of my last comments in the QT said, but I of course had already put stock in the Godfather argument and knew that my hopes laid in pushing it through.

In post 4162, ika wrote:the fact that displaced got lynched w/o aj ever voting him is amazing to me
This was by my design.

I was repeating the same idea with vetty, if you did not notice: he was for some reason mislynch bait for both beasty and Grinny (I know not why), and to some extent, vezzy. (This is also an answer to Joshy's 4173 as to why I did not push his slot.) The lynch on him could go through without my support. Regrettably, I was able to tell it would not go that way today. Though a D9 lynch on him may have been possible, on D8 I did not see it as being viable. And were I to have pushed that lynch, it would have been my final undoing D9. The main factor I had going for me was that I was playing intelligently, making strong and reasonable points. I was trying to advocate that if players stopped doubting me and listened to me, they would actually lynch scum rather than town. Me pushing through a vetty lynch would have destroyed that more than any other player, given both the weakness of the evidence for his lynch, the strength of the evidence he was town, and my prior stance about him. Thus, it was a calculated risk. One that ultimately did not come to fruition. :(

In post 4166, Malakittens wrote:._.
Ugh my fault. I was against an AJ lynch /:
Do not fault yourself, deary. You had very good reason to have me as a townread. Mainly being that I was legitimately playing as if I was town D2-D5. It was only after mozzy's death that I switched to playing towards a scum agenda. And even then, I was under the impression there existed a DC mafia still alive until near the end of the last day, and thus, was determined to outlive them. I additionally was primarily targeting you for my manipulation, as having confirmed town on my side is of course beneficial.

In post 4184, PeregrineV wrote:Why the no-kills by Marvel?
Because, ironically enough, I was afraid of trackers or a tracker-like power catching me N2. Additionally, because there were two kills N1, nobody would have reason to suspect that the Marvel kill had failed, and thus, nobody would suspect it absent N2. After N2, I simply figured that an additional kill appearing would cause players to reanalyze things, which is something I did not wish for them to be doing. I was rather content with mozzy's kill quite conveniently acting as a substitute for DC, and DC's kill acting as a substitute for my own. The town was assuming one DC kill and one Marvel kill, and basing NKA off of them, without my interference and direction. All NKA at that point would point firmly away from me. In short, it served to protect me.

mozzy's death was rather inconvenient. I knew I needed the serial killer dead, but I was hoping it would be around nine players, not fifteen. It forced me into premature action, and thus, to reveal my hand prematurely. You will note that I did not lie about any of my watcher actions; I was building rather a fair amount of town credit with them. Thus, I was hoping to only reveal my kill when it was absolutely needed in order to win.

Simply put, it was a gamble, to which I did reap some dividends, but ultimately was not as successful as intended thanks to mozzy's demise. (I was hoping mozzy was DC mafia, not the serial killer.)
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4188 (isolation #218) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4186, The Rufflig wrote:I said it in the the Marvel qt and the dead qt, but I'll repeat it here. I was very amused at the attempts to find my scum buddies off my read and interactions. I played most of day 1 knowing that I was scum, but not knowing who my scum buddies were - I hadn't looked. Any interactions leading to one of my scum buddies was pure coincidence.
Ironically enough, I mentioned this exact fact when I was "hunting" for the other Marvel as being a possibility: you ignoring your scumbuddies, and as a result, them being more willing to get rid of you. I did so...without checking our own quicktopic to see your messages on the subject.

Speaking of a dead QT, though, I have not seen it released; may I see it?
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4190 (isolation #219) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Given the circumstances, I am likely killing Chandra Nalaar tonight, as they fit my profile for kills rather well.
Given the circumstances, this is my largest regret the entire game. Had Nally died N2, so too would have BulbyFenny. This would have removed the guilty on Tussy, but even without the guilty, she was near-assuredly getting lynched that day regardless. The difference in the game would be that our only confirmed town would be Cabby. No Zexxy or Kitty clears, and Grinny a much weaker clear than he was. It would come at the cost of forcing town players to reanalyze their assumptions and reveal my hand, potentially placing myself in danger. (Additionally, Rach being present in the game as a low-profile investigative.) However, ultimately it would have been more beneficial to me in the long-run.

Sadly, this is one of my shortcomings as a scum player and why I enjoy having scumbuddies there fighting by my side: I may be smart with my play, and had plans for my actions, but I cannot observe every angle, and thus, my long-term plans are ultimately not as successful as they would be with assistance.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4192 (isolation #220) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4189, beastcharizard wrote:I should trust my gut more often but people who call me town make me want to keep them alive.
This was in fact a large portion of the reason why I kept vetty as such a strong townread: having him as a townread is something that I saw no harm in doing and some benefit in, but the strength of the townread came in part because vetty more than any other player held the chance to hammer, and thus, was the player I needed to most prevent from hammering. Though I did a fair amount of manipulating towards Kitty, vetty was the other player I heavily influenced.

Sadly, I knew by doing so I was placing myself at risk of your hand, since I could not have it both ways; by defending vetty, I was burning the bridge between you and me, not to mention, Grinny. (I knew Grinny was constantly a risk of voting me, but I was hoping that his turn on me would come at a time when I would better be able to push an angle more convenient for my agenda. Alas.)
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4195 (isolation #221) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4194, RachMarie wrote:I was investigating AJ the night I got killed though. I am REALLY surprised I ended up dead considering how inactive I was and the fact I was not pushing super hard on her.
Well, deary, Kitty was defending me a little bit more than you, I was watching her and did not wish to watch and kill the same player for a third time in a row, and you left what I thought was an erroneous breadcrumb in that I was under the impression you were a VT that accidentally made it. All of these factors contributed to the kill on you; I was unaware that the "erroneous" breadcrumb was in fact an
actual
hint at your role.

Thus, you were always slated to die, but you were killed more for an accident than by intent. (I am not the greatest at power role hunting.)
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4197 (isolation #222) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4193, PeregrineV wrote:I actually enjoyed reading that QT. Pretty rare nowadays.
Also, your godfather speculation seeemd to have left out all of the other "cleared" players, like Mala and ZZZX, while seeming to focus on me. That was something else that made it harder to swallow than I might have.
I am rather a classical player and miss the commonality of properly-utilized quicktopics myself.

As for Godfathers, Kitty wasn't cop-cleared; she was
hider
-cleared, thus, was 100% confirmed town. Zexxy was my secondary mislynch, so I do not know what you perceived that made you think I was not focusing on you. At the very end of the day, I was in fact aiming to lynch you, thus, did in fact focus on you, but prior to that, you had no more nor no less focus than any other player. :?
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4206 (isolation #223) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4198, RachMarie wrote:Sigh I knew it was a risk but I did not want them voting Pere
Given as how you were my preferred nightkill anyway, deary, you made the correct call to breadcrumb.

In post 4199, Josh_B wrote:AJ- You had to know that the continuously pushing an SK was ludicrous, but the Godfather/ninja was outrageous.
What can I say, I'm fond of plaid. ;)

The Godfather-ninja was not in fact outrageous, given the existence of it in jason's previous multi-faction game. This is a point I brought up numerous times, and it was in fact one of my stronger points: jason had used the role before; he could have used it again. Unsurprisingly, it need not be said that he did in fact have my scumteam be similar to my scumteam from last game, but he kept the Watcher instead of keeping the Godfather. However, I feel it need not be said that while it made more sense for this to be the case, it was not at all improbable he could have used a Godfather(-ninja) instead.

In post 4205, TheWayItEnds wrote:I dont think I've ever been more surprised to be NKed than I was this game.
Like really.
The kill on you simultaneously was incredibly useful to me and incredibly terrifying. My fears on D3 of being the next nightkill were
not
, as those suspecting me that day claimed, AtE manipulation. They were rather legitimate, as it was truly a concern of mine. You and I were the only two to defend Vinny. (And for the curious, I was in fact playing towards a town win condition that day, and thus, was entirely legitimate in my scumread of BulbyFenny and my sweetread of Vinny. In fact, I was convinced that BulbyFenny was the person who nightkilled Squirly, thus why I wanted him dead so badly on D2.)

It was not until D4 that I became remotely manipulative, and even on D4, I was playing to outlast the remaining scum. D5 saw me as being more manipulative, but still scumhunting legitimately under some erroneous assumptions. It truly was not until D6 that I fully embraced my scum wincon once more.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4208 (isolation #224) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 4207, Josh_B wrote:Where do I go to suggest that AJ get's an award for this game?
I will provide the answer, yet note my disclaimers as I do so.

It would be The Scummies thread.
I am technically eligible for
  • Don Corelone
  • Rising Star
  • Funniest/Most Enjoyable Player
  • Most Memorable Event
However,
  1. For Don Corelone, I will not win, as the performance I gave this game, while admirable, did not win me the game, and though I may be a strong scum player (it is a body of work award), I do not have a large enough scum game resume for it to be a fair match.
  2. I list Rising Star as something that I am
    technically
    eligible for as I am not a well-known name, however, the nature of the award means I see this as an ill-suited match. This is not going into the fact that I also play games under a different name.
  3. Unless the judges deem my continued efforts to avert my mislynch to be memorable for what a scum player should fight to do, I do not think this is an award that is fairly strong, though I suppose it is in fact possible.
I suppose if you enjoy the quirky gimmick I employ and/or in general enjoy my playstyle, that "Funniest/Most Enjoyable Player" is a scummie I am eligible for, though that is not something specific to this game.

I should also mention that there is another place you may technically 'nominate' me, and that would be for a title.

But I wish to once more emphasize that this is merely me providing the answer to your inquiry, one I would give if about any player and not on just me. I hold no opposition to the idea of me being nominated for anything, however, I also hold no desire to seek them. If they happen, they will happen; I will not influence them one way or the other.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”