pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Kid A, could you answer my question? What you think of pidgey?
In post 152, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 149, Aronis wrote:Ruffig, why are you voting for me?
I have a pet theory. The role/character that most players dislike the most are scum ones. So hints of not being content with one's role/character makes me suspicious. You claimed to have an awesome character. So when Kid A complained about his character, he hit my list. However, so did you when you replied to him. If you had an awesome character, your answer to Kid A should have been "No, I love my character." A "Probably not." indicates that you don't actually love your character. Second, you asked who Kid A's character was. That is minor role fishing. Third, you hadn't produced any content (still haven't) to make me feel better about these minor transgressions. Therefore, I felt you were more worthy of my vote than the first person on the list of players.

So what about Kid A? Why am I not pressing him?
Another excellent question! He stated that his character name is 'Wolverine'. Such unforced disclosures early on almost always come from town. I've not run across a case where a scum did this, but it is possible so almost always. Anyway, that disclosure led to me not being interested in Kid A, today.
No games I have played in modded by Jason have followed that setup, and I see no reason to believe that is the case in this one.
I cant think of any examples going either way with early unforced name disclosure, but I could see it going either way for town or for scum trying to get towncred, so I think this is null.

ZZZX, what were you trying to accomplish with your reaction test? Also, I think you are saying your reaction test was when you belatedly voted Yates, correct? How does it go from a reaction test to this:
In post 246, ZZZX wrote:He wasn't that much of a scum read but when people insisted I put the vote which was semi rvs in page 2.
It does not look like you were trying to conduct any sort of test with Yates, it looks like you were being jumpy and trying to placate someone who was pointing out that you had failed to vote the person you were showing interest in, and then later on lied about it being a reaction test. There is a huge amount of dissonance between
In post 173, ZZZX wrote:Let me explain a few things.

First off I am not a newb. I did about 10 mafia games total with a nice win rate

Anyway a question pops up. Why am I doing those silly mistakes?

Its clearly a reaction test. I find that my wagon got fast and without a reason mainly. I also find A's defense really lazy. The I just sheeped answer is a risky and useless answer to use. So some town points for you. But I still find that vote weird.
and
In post 246, ZZZX wrote:He wasn't that much of a scum read but when people insisted I put the vote which was semi rvs in page 2.
More votes here please.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by pappums rat »

beastcharizard's #230 struck me as strange, he calls out ZZZX for something and then votes Umbrage on what appears to me to be a lesser reason.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 238, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Yes, it does. I'm avoiding questions that have anything to do with my main account, because I wish not to be associated with it at present.
UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Oh for fuck's sake, fenix. Respect their right to be an alt. Do you think their answer to knowing you or not will actyually advance the game state in any way, or give you insight onto their alignment?
I give zero fucks (count it, 0) to this being an alt or if I know them or not, that's not the issue. I asked 1 simple question, 'tell me your thoughts on the Bulba head of the hydra.' That, respectfully, gives nothing away in my opinion. It's just thoughts, because I am simply curious, since I know Bulba has more time to dedicate to playing this game than I, what they THINK of that head. (thoughts on his play style, posting style of walls, etc)

The fact that they are using the 'i'm going to avoid these sorts of questions to avoid conflicting with my main,' makes me uneasy as hell, because it's an excuse that can be used as a crutch later on down the line imo. And avoiding me, only makes me more headstrong to keep picking till I get an answer.

tl;dr, I'm fucking paranoid.

~Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
UniversalSlutBus
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by UniversalSlutBus »

Hi everyone, I’m the other not-as-good-at-mafia-but-still-kind-of-experienced head of this hydra. I haven't played as part of a hydra before either...
In post 112, beastcharizard wrote: Josh just jumped on me for one of the silliest reasons I have ever seen in my life.
If it’s actually a silly reason, why does it read as though you’re legitimately concerned about what Josh said? It seems very minor to me.
In post 230, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 173, ZZZX wrote:Let me explain a few things.

First off I am not a newb. I did about 10 mafia games total with a nice win rate

Anyway a question pops up. Why am I doing those silly mistakes?

Its clearly a reaction test. I find that my wagon got fast and without a reason mainly. I also find A's defense really lazy. The I just sheeped answer is a risky and useless answer to use. So some town points for you. But I still find that vote weird.

Out of all who voted Mr I found less than half writing reasons that are just being overlooked. I guess scum always goes for middle seats in a wagon.

Anyway @people calling me scared for vla my high-school's results were being published so I had some personal issues :D

Currently on phone. I will make a general reads as soon as I go to my PC.
Where did you crumb the reaction test? It was recently brought to my attention that scum will say something is a reaction test to try and get out of the stupid stuff they do. This is what I am thinking is happening right now. I don't believe ZZZX for one minute.

@Umbrage:

Can you explain how that post is town for me because I really don't see it.

VOTE: Umbrage

@Unfriendly:

Yes one game is all it takes especially when the person caught scum the first day while there was a bunch of shit posting. No I am not scum.
You straight up think ZZZX is lying but Umbrage is a better spot for your vote?

UNVOTE: ZZZX
VOTE: BeastCharizard

@ZZZX, I'd love to see your reads please.

FYI: I haven't discussed any of this post/vote with JKM yet. We're already a terrible hydra.
UniversalSlutBus
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by UniversalSlutBus »

In post 120, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 101, Chandra Nalaar wrote:This isn't going to get me anywhere, is it? I might as well put my vote on scum.

VOTE: Umbrage
I like your conviction!!

Vote: Umbrage
Any other reason for your vote change?
In post 247, Yates wrote:
In post 195, Nero Cain wrote:Yes yates, I realize your vote is on your RVS but that's effectively a no lynch vote.
So? Are you concerned that I'm not aware of my vote? We are 10 pages in to a large theme game that is 4 days old with more than 17 1/2 days left. Does it surprise you that I may need as many as 5 days to place a serious vote?

In the mean time - while my vote is parked on my RVS choice - I used my early posts to probe suspicious activity and have just clearly illustrated anomalous activity. Given what Squirrel has said, how I have played, how pidgey has played, and what pidgey has said; what do you think about the path I'm pursuing with Squirrel? I think it's pretty obvious that I'm going to vote her barring some explosion of logic that suddenly makes her play make sense. My only fear is that this is an "ArchAngel" player and I'm trying to suss that out.

Last time you sheeped me onto a read, we nailed scum. I don't see why we can't make it 2 for 2. Let her answer for herself then tell me what I'm missing.
While I understand this being a long game and all, I don't understand that why when there are 25 players requiring 13 votes for a lynch, you would treat your vote like such a rare and valuable commodity not to place it. It sounds like you know where your vote is going, and no one is anywhere near being even remotely in danger of a lynch, I just don't get the hesitance...

Alexcellent
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 244, Yates wrote:- The main crux of my problem with you is that I didn't think you were being consistent with YOUR standards.
- You claim you saw pidgey scum hunting out of the gate.
- I challenged you on that.
- You were unable to adequately justify your stance because you were just tossing out posts that you claim indicated pidgey was scum hunting.
- Pidgey has since come in and basically said, "I have not yet begun to scum hunt." [click spoiler for exact words]
Spoiler:
In post 199, pidgey wrote:I pretty much agree that squirrel girl calling me a super scum hunter for my first posts is weird lol dunno if its town or scum but it does look like trying to get allies and getting on my good side?

- So pidgey wasn't scum hunting [by his own admission], I was and continue to be scum hunting, and you appear to have faked reads on my slot and pidgey's slot.

THAT is where we are at. Ball is in your court.
1. Okay.
2. Yes, I did claim this.
3. Yes, you challenged me on it.
4. I guess I was unable to do so in your opinion, but feel I did justify my stance.
5. Actually his post doesn't say that he wasn't scumhunting at ll - that's either you trying to read into it a lot or just sort of twisting his words and choosing to run with it.
6. Pidgey was scum hunting. I don't think you were. I did not fake my reads.

The ball has already left my court because I'm voting you and continue to be pretty happy with that vote. I think you're pretty wildly trying to rephrase the nature of the debate because I'm on to something with you, and that makes me more focused on my vote. It's especially good for me because now people can click that spoiler and see what you're calling "basically saying that he's not scumhunting" and should be able to draw their own, very clear, opinions about which of us is looking fake in what they're selling.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Quite frankly, Yates, you not noticing how badly Pidgey is misunderstanding what I said about him, and then using that as part of a case on me, looks like rock solid PROOF that you're scum.

Let's make the day about that.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Lets not. The pissing matches between you and Yates and Nero and Yates are primarily semantic and definition-based in your case and meta-based in Nero's. All this is doing is cluttering the thread with garbage posts and takes away from actual scumhunting. And there are people doing actually scummy things in this game, so attention would be better placed on scumhunting rather than trying to boost your own egos.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

In post 231, pidgey wrote:Rufflin- i dont get your read on me bro umm whats exactly wrong here?

Displaced looked like a usual d1 scum trying to look like a participating member of town by kindaish calling someone out without much commitment.

Granted i did not noticed he was voting for that person before he did that post so that does kinda weakens my case huh? Ill look into other peepe later
Ok, from the top.
In post 125, pidgey wrote:Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks"
This is the post in question:
In post 121, displaced wrote:
In post 113, mozamis wrote:His early posts, particularly this one:
SNIP
all felt quite relaxed and "bantery". Doesn't seem at all nervous or forced.
Don't really think this is a good way to try to discern alignment.
In my opinion, displaced's post is in no way or form throwing dirt on someone. When I pressed pidgey on this, his explanation changed to this:
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
That is a dramatic change in pidgey's reason to vote for displaced.
---
In post 232, jklash12 wrote:Why did you vote for pidgey if you were talking about displaced?
Because displaced covered these points (and more) in his posts about pidgey. pidgey's initial case against displaced is obviously false. pidgey's revised case is forced.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 257, pappums rat wrote:Lets not. The pissing matches between you and Yates and Nero and Yates are primarily semantic and definition-based in your case
I disagree with this. Please do me a favor - go read the spoilered text in Yate's last post and then read what he says it says. Then come back and tell me if you think he's dealing straight with his stated stance on what it's saying. I don't think it's an issue with definitions, I think it's a pretty obvious presented mistruth, but would like your thoughts on it.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

For Nero:

ZZZX was saying they were voting for info and not because they thought the person was scum. At least that is what I got from their explanation. I didn't agree with this so I was saying someone doesn't vote a town read for info they only should vote scum reads/null. That is what I found odd about what they did. The fact that didn't say they had a scum read but rather the vote was purely for info.

For people who don't like my vote:

I am voting Umbrage because they just town read someone for something that is scummy in my book. While I think ZZZX is scum I think do to the town read Umbrage gave to ZZZX is even scummier. They found some random, might I add bad, reason to town read someone. It seems like it is for the sake of town reading someone.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

Didn't someone mention that's pretty in line with Umbrage's playstyle? Or is your stance that he's doing so to fake said style? Or did you not consider that issue?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 192, Josh_B wrote:Umbrage tends to give early town reads that cause him trouble later in the games. It looks like he seriously cares about mislynching and is reducing the number of wagonable suspects.
Actually, maybe that doesn't include 'weird town reads' just generically town reads. So I recalled that wrong. I don't find Umbrage's town call for XXCYD any more or less thin than any of his other town calls though - just as a compare/contrast consideration.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 252, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 238, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Yes, it does. I'm avoiding questions that have anything to do with my main account, because I wish not to be associated with it at present.
UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Oh for fuck's sake, fenix. Respect their right to be an alt. Do you think their answer to knowing you or not will actyually advance the game state in any way, or give you insight onto their alignment?
I give zero fucks (count it, 0) to this being an alt or if I know them or not, that's not the issue. I asked 1 simple question, 'tell me your thoughts on the Bulba head of the hydra.' That, respectfully, gives nothing away in my opinion. It's just thoughts, because I am simply curious, since I know Bulba has more time to dedicate to playing this game than I, what they THINK of that head. (thoughts on his play style, posting style of walls, etc)

The fact that they are using the 'i'm going to avoid these sorts of questions to avoid conflicting with my main,' makes me uneasy as hell, because it's an excuse that can be used as a crutch later on down the line imo. And avoiding me, only makes me more headstrong to keep picking till I get an answer.

tl;dr, I'm fucking paranoid.

~Fenix
The question I was dodging was Umbrage's. I didn't even notice yours. Obviously my behavior demonstrates that I have played with Bulba before, so I see no further harm. I think he's a strong player who I'm not going to be very good at reading. But I will read every damn word of those walls trying to.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by pappums rat »

In post 259, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 257, pappums rat wrote:Lets not. The pissing matches between you and Yates and Nero and Yates are primarily semantic and definition-based in your case
I disagree with this. Please do me a favor - go read the spoilered text in Yate's last post and then read what he says it says. Then come back and tell me if you think he's dealing straight with his stated stance on what it's saying. I don't think it's an issue with definitions, I think it's a pretty obvious presented mistruth, but would like your thoughts on it.
pidgey essentially had said that he thought your assessment of him being a "super scum hunter" was inaccurate, and Yates had said that he had said that he wasnt scumhunting. This is an inaccurate statement based on what pigdey had said but it is the kind of exaggeration that I expect from Yates when he is frustrated based upon my previous games with him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 264, pappums rat wrote:pidgey essentially had said that he thought your assessment of him being a "super scum hunter" was inaccurate, and Yates had said that he had said that he wasnt scumhunting. This is an inaccurate statement based on what pigdey had said but it is the kind of exaggeration that I expect from Yates when he is frustrated based upon my previous games with him.

Okay...but, now go with me here, I actually never said *anything* like "Pidgey is a super scum hunter". Pidgey, as Yates must be well aware, was already exaggerating the issue - then Yates exaggerated the exaggeration and acted like I was a dip-head for disagreeing with him about it. Yates had already exaggerated stuff, and I took that in stride, but to exaggerate on a gross exaggeration as part of his case? No, this isn't just a habit, this is an agenda.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 140, Squirrel Girl wrote:I don't particularly have any read on Yates or Pidgey. I would call them both null. I don't agree with the scum case on Yates, but I don't think he's done anything townish either. I don't have much of anything to off Pidgey on, but will admit to a slight gut townish on him moreso than Yates simply because he appears to be trying to scumhunt right out the gate which Yates did not.
Just for reference - this is what I actually said, and this is what Yates took exception to.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ yates 163: no doubt you have a point but as squirrel girl mentions I'd feel a lot better about you if you didn't cherry pick.

@ zzx: I don't want to sound patronizing because you are a veteran of 10 games and probably know all this, but the point of doing things for reactions is to try to get reads off the reactions. It seems like you did things to get a response and then when you got a response (i.e. people voting you) you complained that people are voting you for your playstyle, without attempting any analysis (other than kid a sort of).
In post 174, Umbrage wrote:from "you're wrong but I see why you would think that" to "you're scum" in two posts.
Good pick up. Squirrel girl pls explain?
In post 182, Squirrel Girl wrote:I feel you ignored the bulk of the rest of that post, wherein I did not express much agreement with Yates or what he was doing. If you go back and read that I tink the progression will make a lot more sense to you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll point out things for you to help you understand why I think he's scum.
I read the rest of the post but would still like you to explain the progression of your thoughts.

@ yates 184: you may not mean to be a prick but you sort of are coming across as one. It would have taken less words to just say: "my scumreads are X and Y".
In post 213, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 145, ThAdmiral wrote:I don't really like the late rvs votes, primarily from pidgey and pv.

Pv's is worse since its on an existing sort-of-wagon.

vote: pv
Late RVS vote? Where?
Voting umbrage in 120. You playing dumb bro?
In post 224, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Why does that make it bad?
There were genuine things to comment about but he ignores them in favor of keeping rvs going. Apart from that it doesn't seem like normal pv play.
In post 243, ZZZX wrote:It is annoying how I am being voted on my play style.

I don't know about you but if anyone read my.done.games it will be the same posting as that but I always flipped town.

If its something else idk. I can't really find the case on me.

I asked once and I ask again.... what is the case on me?
As feeble and "woe-is-me" as this is it's very likely town.
In post 251, pappums rat wrote:beastcharizard's #230 struck me as strange, he calls out ZZZX for something and then votes Umbrage on what appears to me to be a lesser reason.
Yes, I noticed that as well.
In post 260, beastcharizard wrote:I am voting Umbrage because they just town read someone for something that is scummy in my book. While I think ZZZX is scum I think do to the town read Umbrage gave to ZZZX is even scummier. They found some random, might I add bad, reason to town read someone. It seems like it is for the sake of town reading someone.
This makes little sense and I don't like you.

vote: beastcharizard
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 267, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 182, Squirrel Girl wrote:I feel you ignored the bulk of the rest of that post, wherein I did not express much agreement with Yates or what he was doing. If you go back and read that I tink the progression will make a lot more sense to you. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll point out things for you to help you understand why I think he's scum.
I read the rest of the post but would still like you to explain the progression of your thoughts.
Spoiler: Hidden wall with explanation of my thought process in the post
In post 171, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 169, Yates wrote:Except if you actually read the posts, you'll see that my beef it isn't a defense - it's noticing meta. I would have said pretty much the same thing if he did this to about three other people off the top of my head. So, again, you're just wrong.
I can understand that's your stance. I disagree with you.
This is basically him wanting to nitpick a debate with me as regards whether his defense post also qualified as scumhunting. I really didn't care much one way or the other and saw no real win in havving the debate as obviously neither of us were going to cede our stances. Therefore I just accepted that was one way to look at what he did. It was not my way, but it is a potentially truthful interpretation. I did take pains to note that I didn't agree with it - I just chose not to debate it. Later you and Umbrage will somehow take this as a town call and call my vote weird... :igmeou:

In post 169, Yates wrote:I "cherry picked" the front half because you said he was scumhunting "right out the gate" and his first 4 posts [you know - the ones "out the gate"] were zero content and an RVS vote. We also obviously define scum
hunting
quite differently. Giving reads without context is not the same as advancing the game. And I'm not saying this because I have a scum read [or any read] on pidgey but specifically because you are making claims that do not hold up under scrutiny. This is pertinent because this is what ACTUAL scum hunting looks like and I was afraid you wouldn't recognize it.

Further, I asked you point blank for specific posts that indicated pidgey "scum hunting" to you and you failed to do so. There are only two qualified statements in his entire ISO, in fact, and those are simply qualifying a read on displaced. So how you quantify that as "50% scumhunting" remains a mystery.
Okay...let's be specific for you then.

Post 125 is scumhunting - he is taking stances and pressing scum reads.
Post 135 is scumhunting - he is presenting a stance and seeking reactions.
Post 136 is scumhunting - he is clarifying a read and providing reasoning.

He has a grand total of 7 posts. I feel that calling 3 of them scumhunting qualifies me to call it 50% though I will agree the specific math would be 42.857%
I do find your presentation to be cherry picking since all of his posts came on the same day and within 4 hours but you apparently decided that only the first half were "out of the gate" That was a sketchy distinction to make and looked like you trying to massage the evidence to fit your claims.
However, further into the post there's a HUGE issue to my mind. He is flat out presenting a false case and doing the literal definition of misrepping, which is to present only part of the info with the express goal as to paint it bad. AsI described, the Pidgey posts happened in 1 day, within 4 hours of each other. I don't even think I posted anywhere inbetween them, meaning I read them all in one go. But, somehow, in Yates' view, it's illogical to call those posts "out of the gate" no, no, no "out of the gate" can ONLY mean the very early intro posts, and CERTAINLY not the later posts that contained...well...y'know, scumhunting.

It's a strategic misrep, and the more I thought about it the less I could see it as an accidental one. I don't think he went into an ISO of 7 posts and just grabbed the first few. he did it on purpose. Then, he crows at me when I "fail" to rebut him. He was trying to set me up.

In post 169, Yates wrote:I don't care about the reads right now - I just want to know how you claim to have arrived at them. I want to know because I'm not following your purported logic. Any statements you have made that I have inquired about are problematic for me because I don't understand your posts or motivation. If I don't understand those two very important things then I can't read you. If I can't read you AND I disagree with your reads? I want you dead. Because like any good Renaissance Man, I fear what I do not understand. That's just how I roll.
I feel you're more excited to attack me than to try to figure out what I'm thinking. I believe this is shown in your theatrics and cherry picking. Like, take the "out of the gate" thing. You apparently decided that could only mean his first 3 posts for some reason...why? What lead you to that? There's no reason to believe that and 'out of the gate' hardly means I couldn't be assessing all of his posts (which were all made in one day in a short span of time) as his out of the gate posting. But you didn't even care to ask me what I meant, you drew your own conclusion for what I meant and attacked it immediately - and even the attack. I have called Pidgey null with a very slight town lean as compared to another null read.
This is a continuation of the realization that I'm not talking to someone who appears interested in understanding where I'm coming from. He's not waiting for my answers. He's not saying "It's interesting that you think he's scumhunting...can you describe what you think is scumhunting?" or even a "I think i did scumhunt because these specific acts will glean for me info - why do you think that's just defense"
No, he's just attacking me. Moreso, he's attacking me over calling him null and Pidgey null with a slight gut town. It doesn't make sense, why in the world would he freak out that I find his play null? Why would he try to attack me over a town read he disagrees with...when the townread is expressed as exceedingly weak and null in nature? Basically, I realized he was trying to call me scum simply because he thought he could bully me and that my play looked weak and exploitable to him. Unless you think I should believe that he's worried scum is lying and fabricating cases to express mild null reads? I mean, y'know, as scum does... :roll:

That's...not exactly a "this is town!" call. That is a null read that is more town than a different null read call. Yet, somehow, you want me to try to make and defend a case for calling one null read more townish than another?

It doesn't make sense to me - please clarify why this deserved to be attacked since you apparently don't even find him scummy?
This kind of occured to me at the end and I just tossed it out there, and I address this a bit above, but it's my realization that his stance just makes no sense. After I posted the thought was there rumbling in my head, and that's why I then voted, because I just didn't believe he was shooting straight with me.

That's my thoughts in kind of a play by play during the post, at least as best as I recall them. What's your read on Yates?
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

For the record, if any of you are in North America - lunar eclipse y'all.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Y'all really like walls, huh? You'll have to excuse me if I don't join you in that endeavor. Not yet, anyway.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 268, Squirrel Girl wrote:That's my thoughts in kind of a play by play during the post, at least as best as I recall them. What's your read on Yates?
I can follow. I completely agree with your point about him strategically misrepping you, but I could possibly see that from overzealous town trying to push a case. However your follow up point that he wasn't interested in where you were coming from but was rather just interested in attacking/slandering you makes me lean towards scum on him.

I'm don't want to move my vote currently, but yates is definitely in my suspect pile.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 195, Nero Cain wrote:Yes yates, I realize your vote is on your RVS but that's effectively a no lynch vote.
So? Are you concerned that I'm not aware of my vote? We are 10 pages in to a large theme game that is 4 days old with more than 17 1/2 days left. Does it surprise you that I may need as many as 5 days to place a serious vote?
Actually yes. There's a lot of scum motivation to not vote. I looked a lil' bit at 2.5 men and you had a semi serious pl vote on Monkeyman. Wich leads me to my next q. Why no pl on Monkey? Though at the same time I had actually accused you of being scum for not voting your scumreads so maybe I'm wrong again.
In the mean time - while my vote is parked on my RVS choice - I used my early posts to probe suspicious activity and have just clearly illustrated anomalous activity. Given what Squirrel has said, how I have played, how pidgey has played, and what pidgey has said; what do you think about the path I'm pursuing with Squirrel?
I'm with SQ here, unless I'm reading this wrong here:

Pid calls Displaced scum in 125 and then clarifies why he was scum reading him in 136
SG says Pid was scumhunting right out of the gate in 140
In 142 you say that he wasn't scumhunting
You quote his first 4 posts
She accuses you of cherry picking
You say that you weren'y cherry picking 'cause she said he was hunting right out of the gate-I think you are being massively anal here
In post 171, Squirrel Girl wrote:Post 135 is scumhunting - he is presenting a stance and seeking reactions.
though she IS wrong here
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Actually yes. There's a lot of scum motivation to not vote. I looked a lil' bit at 2.5 men and you had a semi serious pl vote on Monkeyman. Wich leads me to my next q. Why no pl on Monkey? Though at the same time I had actually accused you of being scum for not voting your scumreads so maybe I'm wrong again.
In the mean time - while my vote is parked on my RVS choice - I used my early posts to probe suspicious activity and have just clearly illustrated anomalous activity. Given what Squirrel has said, how I have played, how pidgey has played, and what pidgey has said; what do you think about the path I'm pursuing with Squirrel?

Pid calls Displaced scum in 125 and then clarifies why he was scum reading him in 136
You say that you weren'y cherry picking 'cause she said he was hunting right out of the gate-I think you are being massively anal here
In post 171, Squirrel Girl wrote:Post 135 is scumhunting - he is presenting a stance and seeking reactions.
though she IS wrong here
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

though she IS wrong here

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”