Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Witness Protection »

ZeLink2 said most of what I was going to say. Everyone needs to understand the mechanics. I think this is going to be an interesting game.

How about bolded
FOS
's. I'd keep track of them, or ZeLink can. We do need to try to quick lynch. I'm not doing
RVS

Let the game begin.

@ T&L the mechanics listed are true, but could be misleading. Be careful of what you believe.
""It seems very pretty," she said when she'd finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!" (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! Somebody killed something: that's clear
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:03 am

In post 32, Thor and Loki wrote:I don't aim to quicklynch, but if we did aim to quicklynch, I'd want to kill notscience.

Well, what I mean is we need Town to ferret out scum by not letting them just slide by. Let's get some participation!

By the way, I'm not claiming until I hear someone say they're going to hammer. Or maybe later in the Week.

I'll be back in a few hours.
""It seems very pretty," she said when she'd finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!" (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! Somebody killed something: that's clear
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:18 pm

In post 51, White Narcissus wrote:Also you've guys spent 2 pages already discussing deadlines and pseudovotes rather than actually scumhunting, save a couple, why? (Mostly directed at Zelink and Taly)

But where is there to scum hunt (at the time of this post?), some casual conversation's a great place to start getting base line reads. Then we go from there.
But
I do want me some scum!

I gotta go play RISK. Later.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:00 am

In post 42, SXTLHGaiden wrote:i believe it is a valid question to see how many people scum can affect per night.

It might be a valid question, but I doubt you'd get a valid answer. At this point this is useless, (unless there's some kind of mass claim), and I don't think we're ready for that.

In post 44, Taly wrote:It seemed like a valid idea to raise given on how we don't really know what can happen at night.

OK, I might be missing something. What are you gaining? It looks like useless, or maybe even harmful speculation. We'd have to know a lot more than we know for sure now to even speculate.

In post 45, Skold wrote:I do find SXTL's post really perplexing though.

True.

In post 77, SXTLHGaiden wrote:now i'm really tempted to start voting all the things

Is Darkness your friend? Do you get along with your classmates?

In post 89, notscience wrote:just for that you aren't invited to my tea party

If I promise not to tunnel you, can I come? I don't like tea, but I like parties!

Taley's sounds Town.

In post 94, notscience wrote:Taly is our lynch today.

Why? What are you feelings on WN?

In post 47, Shadowcat wrote:FoS: Zel
because using MafTiger is a clear scumtell
. (But mostly because I feel uneasy about him.)

:lol: Bad Tigers!!! Tigers are always scummie.

In post 74, ZeL1nK2 wrote:Actually Skold didn't technically talk about spreading darkness to multiple players, but that was the underlying implication behind not being able to raise darkness to 100% for anyone reading between the lines. But I also don't think speculation in general is more likely to come from scum, anyway. It's null at best.

Setup spec almost always happens Day 1, at least in Theme games. Town and scum both do it, so I call it null too. I'm sure there are Roles, both scum and Town who affect Darkness in ways we don't know.

In post 76, White Narcissus wrote:Oh well we have nothing to scumhunt on, so we can't scumhunt, la la la~"

If you go back to where I said that, there was you jumping on a few peeps, a lot of setup speculation, a lot of small talk, AND four people YELLING at me to GO PLAY RISK! They were the bigger threat. I was more scared of them than you.

In post 65, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 63, Thor and Loki wrote:It's too early to have a town read on us, I'd assume. It's not like I've really done anything particularly exciting as of late.

Neither has anyone else, and you dont see the issue with this?
And still the only townread i have is the Zymf or whatever person, tho Wis doesn't seem to see the issues i see with Zelink.
We both dislike Taly.
Do you have any reads?
~Sakura

You guys must be leagues above me. Nailing scum from one and a half pages? I'll have to watch how it's done.

And skipping way ahead...
Zymf wrote:[quote="In post 7quote="In post 69, Witness Protection"]
In post 51, White Narcissus wrote:Also you've guys spent 2 pages already discussing deadlines and pseudovotes rather than actually scumhunting, save a couple, why? (Mostly directed at Zelink and Taly)
But where is there to scum hunt (at the time of this post?), some casual conversation's a great place to start getting base line reads. Then we go from there.
But
I do want me some scum!
Though, that last part sounds a bit scummy imo
FoS: Witness Protection
[/quote]
This whole post sounds faked. I think it sounds like scum playing on safe subjects, throwing in an innuendo that's already been mentioned in an effort to try to gain some traction somewhere. My first real scum read. OMGUS

@ Ankamius Where's the Town read on Zymf come from?

pedit Now I think you're making things up. Care to explain some of those?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:05 am

Yes
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:06 am

I'm still catching up.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:14 am

I know people hate meta..., but, I do it all the time. I'll keep it to a minimum. Pinky promise.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:16 am

@ Zelink Well, there were links in posts that I went and checked out, and I ended up commenting on them.

I'll just catch up now.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:51 am

In post 179, notscience wrote:I keep loling

every single time

you say that

I declare ns a good player!!! *Roses and crowns thrown at his feet*

I've one upped them all.

pedit There's lots of WITOM going on. I'm keeping out of it for the time being.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:53 am

In post 185, White Narcissus wrote:Why does everyone seem to think that everything scum does is a premeditated move from some sort of backwater agenda?

You get to be Town, just for this.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:12 am

In post 186, Mikazuki wrote:Real life calls, I have an important assignment due tomorrow so not much free time today, sorry. I'll be sure to catch up tomorrow though.

Pointing this out, humbly.

I'm not feeling Taley scum, but I'm leaning more Town on WN right now. (as of this post)

In post 186, Mikazuki wrote:White: Voting first thing with this game mech wasn't good, but probably a honest mistake

This was my concern too, I read the mechanics thoroughly before the game started, and I'd like to think everyone did. This is why I seemed suspicious of them at first.

In post 186, Mikazuki wrote:Dislikes Zelink's overexplanation for focusing on game setup/mechanics which I disagree with.

I think Zelink's Town, but I have no problem with Town being pushed around a bit. My feeling on mechanic discussion is that on Day 1 (at least in this case) it's fruitless or worse.

You disagree with WN a lot, but you stop there. Do you think they're misguided, or scum
Your other two reads are filler.

Slight scum read.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:00 am

In post 192, ZeL1nK2 wrote:
In post 188, White Narcissus wrote:Annoyance =/= "HOLY SHIT IM GOING TO BE LYNCHED TODAY" from a single vote and pseudovote, specially with people like Zelink hard defending him.

I don't think your assessment of "overreacting" was correct, either. Whatever tone you read in the wall he wrote back on page four was entirely different to how I read it...

I get that he was stressing certain points while responding in detail, but it was more in an "I don't understand how anyone could possibly think like you do" kind of way.

Just going on what I've done in the past, claiming early that a lynch on myself would be bad is something I've done as Town. Scum do it, but he hasn't been CC'd, and I think we have better options than them right now. I have suspects but I'll pvote when I'm done.

Per WN's I don't find it scummy. I don't find your push scummy either. Scum read on Mikazuki fades a bit as of 199.

In post 201, ZZZX wrote:Also refusing the system is anti town for now

Your wisdom is noted. I thought I'd heard that before.

In post 251, Taly wrote:You also
awfully
love saying this phrase.
:lol: Nothing of not in last two pages. But why are you so wishy washy when it comes to your read on Mikazuki? You repeat others suspicions about her, then say " I don't completely understand the suspicion on Mika", doesn't seem to mesh.

I will refer to you as one slot, WN. Also Taley's Town status slips a bit. AND I have to stop here for awhile.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:28 am

In post 257, Zymf wrote:Though, that last part sounds a bit scummy imo

But it's
true
and
they
know it! :o

I guess I have two OMGUS's

In post 257, Zymf wrote:I think a timelimit of 2-3 days would be enough to decide who to lynch. The longer we wait, the more time we give Shinozaki Sachiko and her team to defend and manipulate the conversation.

Or scum hunt.

In post 258, Zymf wrote:Also, on the first couple of pages, people were wondering how many percentages Shinozaki Sachiko and her team could give a single person overnight, and to this I want to add: We don't know if they even add percentages at all.. maybe they multiply all percentages by 10 or something.

Scummy or bad post.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:34 pm

I'm off meta-ing Zympf right now. He seems scummy in the thread I'm reading. I haven't peaked yet.

That's kinda scum hunting. And refreshing this page...
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:40 pm

In post 324, White Narcissus wrote:whatever. Zymf is town

~Wis

I quickly changed my sometime Day 2 to a Town read in "that other game" I was reading. I've reread him here, and though "that other game" has raised my expectation of him, I haven't come to the conclusion that he's Town here yet.

So far, he's in either alignment territory. Nothing he's said is something scum couldn'/wouldn't say/do.

pedits Reading.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Blah. I was reading that Road to Road game that Zymf played in. I started out scum reading him, but quickly decided he was ObTown (in that game).

He hasn't done that here and seeing his play that time, I expect something from him. Not filler.

pedit Nope, a Road to Road game that's done.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:50 pm

It's N1571 if anyone wants to check his awesome Town play out. *Not sarcastic*.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 pm

True, but he did good that game. It raises my expectations. *Fallacy of Proof of Proficiency* and all that.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Besides I found him suspect. That's why I read the one game.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:13 pm

In post 334, White Narcissus wrote:What did you find scummy about him?

~Wis
Hold on I'll look it up for you. I just finished his ISO, but timing of some of his comments, not saying anything new. Things like that. But I'll be back.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:24 pm

In post 257, Zymf wrote:
In post 7, White Narcissus wrote:VOTE: thor and loki

policy, too dangerous if scum
I generally dislike people who play based on meta... But I like the way he questions everything and doesn't just "go with the flow"

In post 69, Witness Protection wrote:

But
I do want me some scum!
Though, that last part sounds a bit scummy imo

I think a timelimit of 2-3 days would be enough to decide who to lynch. The longer we wait, the more time we give Shinozaki Sachiko and her team to defend and manipulate the conversation.

I don't like most of this post. The first sentence is an "I like but don't like" or vice versa statement.

The suspicion on me was something already stated by someone else, but weakly pushed.

I've only played Mafia online, here. A 2-3 Day sounds impossible. To me, it seems scum would want to speedlynch and would want to help facilitate that. This alone was enough for me.

In post 258, Zymf wrote:Also, on the first couple of pages, people were wondering how many percentages Shinozaki Sachiko and her team could give a single person overnight, and to this I want to add:
- We don't know if they even add percentages at all.. maybe they multiply all percentages by 10 or something.

Useless speculation, already gone over. We won't know til Twilight (if I've read the rules right) or the next Day.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:30 pm

More than aware.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Do you think that "The Darkening" can make people honest?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Say, by becoming suddenly, unexplicatively, much Darker. That'll make one honest.

pedits Sure, let's come to a concensus.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:44 pm

@ Zelink I haven't read the posts at the top of this page yet, but I will. Can you do a pvote count?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:49 pm

@ Zelink That iop post is pure WIFOM. I had to read it a couple of times. I guess I'm tired.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Of all the wagons, I'd probably go with Gaidan, but that's just guessing.

pvote Gaidan

I forgot Lufan was even in Town. :?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:56 pm

unpvote

pvote Lufan
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:49 am

In post 410, Mikazuki wrote:
In post 270, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 262, Witness Protection wrote:
I really hate when people use "I have been having real life issues so i can't do anything" instead of just... saying nothing, like i know people have a life and what not, so i don't see the need for people to need to bring them up as excuses, it always looks to me like it's scum that for some reason decided that they need to justify their actions of some sort. And it's not like neither Mika or WP were prod dodging...
Does anyone else have any opinion on that?
~Sakura

Can someone please explain to me what is peoples' problem with explaining why you not going to be around? About 3 different people my my games so far seem to hate it so much that they're willing to immediately scumread for that reason.

Like... if you're supposed to be somewhere doing something but you can't make it, you call up and explain why, you don't just ignore it and then show up a day or two later and pretend that there's no problem, it's just common courtesy right? Does this just not apply here or something? Because I'm happy to just leave without warning next time something comes up if that's more acceptable. This is actually a legit question, can someone please explain this to me?

Notice post 262 in the above, now take a look at . Also, my name's
not
Sakura. And you say don't trust me? :roll:

Opinions?
Mistake formatting, or manipulation? it seems too easy to disprove for scum to be faking it.

In post 219, Mikazuki wrote:Defensive? Really? Explaining why you're wrong is defensive?

I could do this all day
but I actually do need to go. I'll check back in as much as I can today.
Either living with all that dangerous wildlife down under has made you
very
disagreeable, or your scum trying to deflect any and all suspicion.

In post 412, Mikazuki wrote:And how do you determine the difference? Maybe I just get a knee jerk reaction, but I find it profoundly irritating to being accused of 'making excuses' when I have a legitimate reason. Unless of course I should care more about this game than my university degree or work, in which case, oops, I've been slacking off.

There is this thing, called overuse of sarcasm. It eventually looses it's desired effect. Sometimes a little of it goes a long way. I think this looks a little more like deflection.

You've gave "not so great" (imho) reads, and complained about other slots questioning you. I'm not (one of) your Town reads, for whatever reason. You aren't a Town read of mine. We have ways to resolve this.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:54 am

EBWOP or your scum should read "or you're scum". I have no idea where "your" scum are. :p
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:01 am

In post 428, ZZZX wrote:FINALLY FINISHED UNI FOR THE TIME BEING (aka for a month :>)

so reading very very soon/ :)
Ooc - Congrats, I hope you get to take some of that time for yourself.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:04 am

@ Zelink She's sorta using it to make me look bad, and I don't like it. See her later post.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:06 am

In post 418, Mikazuki wrote:If you like using meta, I'd like to recommend some further reading for you, you may be suprised.

I'm always up for some extra reading, any in particular you'd want me to read?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:18 am

In post 198, Mikazuki wrote:Disagreeing with someone is less important than whether or not I can rationalise how you came to that conclusion, and overall attitide and behavior counts for a lot too. Unless your reasoning seems completely ridiculous, it doesn't earn you scum points from me if I disagree with you. Some of my thoughts are just thinking aloud and I wanted to take note of what I thought about your posts.
I agree with most of this, and I'm saying I'm having a hard time seeing Mikazuki as Town at this juncture. Maybe it's the sarcasm, the reads, or the messed up formatting. She's not a Town read.

Just a little more on this formatting mistake. I've messed up a lot of tags in my day, but I've never accidentally attributed a post to someone else. How could it happen? Show me that, and I'll back off for now.

Please reread me, but also explain what you've said. You mention me by name, and say I'm scummy.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:24 am

In post 416, Mikazuki wrote:Catching up slowly.

In post 289, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 186, Mikazuki wrote:You disagree with WN a lot, but you stop there. Do you think they're misguided, or scum
Your other two reads are filler.

You did it again, you're off the hook, though I don't know how/why you're doing it? :?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:32 am

In post 439, ZeL1nK2 wrote:I must admit, this was indeed a clever plan if it was what happened, but I do not think that is the case.
You don't mind being misquoted, especially in a game of quotes? You wouldn't work it out? Through all this bullshit, I've gotten (imho) better reads. You're looking more like you want to be divisive, than you're looking like a scum hunter atm.

Today is international sarcasm day.

pedit :lol:
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:54 am

Oh joy, a let's misquote everyone game. And not even a fixed that for you.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:04 am

In post 435, Mikazuki wrote:must be all those poisonous spiders and jellyfish

And snakes, octopi, fish, and then there's sharks and crocs. So you do have a lot to grump about. I'll try to take into account your grumpiness and bent toward sarcasm when trying to form a read. :wink:
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WD_Nh_rboQ Drop bears (scary!), and all we have are semi-friendly brown bears. Oh and cougars.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:22 am

In post 458, White Narcissus wrote:Mika, WP, you are both town, stahp it. Zel isn't.

~Wis

I agree.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:53 am

In post 466, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 465, Wisdom wrote:So you're asking something and don't want an answer for it?

~Wis
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:56 am

When you can scum hunt silence? It makes you something.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #42) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:02 am

@ Zelink Usually Town, re-ask their questions, even quoting them when they're real questions, wanting answers. You don't seem to care, and seems you would rather strike division. I have a hard time seeing you as Town.

@ Mika-sama (and so young!) Still reading that game, it'll be good for more than Zymf's meta.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #43) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 am

In that other game (Micro 454) [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6716094#p6716094]post 1060[/url], Mikazuki wrote:So... If you're town, you're an idiot, and if you're scum, you're a genius, take your pick!

I sometimes seem to resemble this statement. Other times I amaze myself :/ I need more of the latter (amazing myself.)
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #44) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:09 pm

In post 257, Zymf wrote:I think a timelimit of 2-3 days would be enough to decide who to lynch. The longer we wait, the more time we give Shinozaki Sachiko and her team to defend and manipulate the conversation.

I'd like to just let you slide for awhile, (slots I respect have vouched for you) but you never so much as said boo over my slightly tinfoil case on you. Not even a bad case is bad. :( You're also not doing what you've exposed, you're not helping to find a good lynch.

Why?

I'm doing low post count slots ISO's right now, which was prompted by this post.
In post 387, notscience wrote:As far as I can tell this is a lurker lynch

No one's really lurking, but we do have low post count slots. I don't even care how few posts they have, but they need content when they do post. There's been enough said that everyone should have opinions.

In post 528, ZeL1nK2 wrote:Oh, and one more question, lufan, but this is perhaps somewhat unrelated to the game at hand.

Why were you browsing private topics?
I read that too, and wondered the same thing. :lol:
Going back to regularly scheduled reading. :cool: But I'll be in and out of the thread all night.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #45) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:50 pm

In post 531, White Narcissus wrote:Ok. I wanted to avoid mentioning it, but this is where my certainty about lufan lies. He posted "I am not supposed to be here" in the PT that had just got publicized. My theory is that he thought he was added to another PT, so he posted "I am not supposed to be here" in it. This of course means that he is in another PT, one that he IS supposed to be in.

I posted in the wrong thread in the first game I played with this (my only) alt, I covered it and got away with it. The exact circumstances weren't the same though. But I agree that scum's more likely to slip with a PT than Town. Town have far fewer PTs.

@ Lufan Care to explain posting accidentally in a PT?

pedit I agree that nothing good will come out of the mechanic discussion Today. Maybe not even Tomorrow, but I have no way of knowing how things will play out, but I already know some speculation is off. I'm not telling how I know this, but the rules play a big part. I won't squelch any mechanic discussion, hell it
could
net us scum, but I'd rather we'd keep working toward that quick lynch so many said they wanted.

Baroo? Is that a boo? If so, I apologize, and will work on me being DILIGENT!
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:54 pm

I have a Chihuahua, she says yipe yipe yipe.

But I'll listen for the hounds.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:58 pm

As someone complaining they'd address a hydra as one, is BRO Thor?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #48) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:21 pm

In post 41, Skold wrote:Psuedovote: Taly
Why did you mention how many people scum could affect?

@Zel loving mafSilver. Why did you send me to mafTiger, shit is ugly.

In post 43, Skold wrote:
In post 42, SXTLHGaiden wrote:i'm not used to this whole "pseudovoting"
Can't we just real vote to accelerate the fun?
that said,
p-vote: skold

i believe it is a valid question to see how many people scum can affect per night. it could be something like "You can raise darkness by x% across n players"

He didn't ask a question. It was a statement of ''we don't know''. Pointless, but perhaps a slip. Nothing really substantial. And now we can't real vote, because if we decide a person is town AFTER voting them they gain darkness.
This is the sum of his "scum hunting" so far. Unless you want to count the post below. The thing is, he's trying to make something you can find out by reading the setup, into a scum tell.
In post 45, Skold wrote:I said in previous post, ''nothing really substantial''. Remember this is Random FOS stage :P. I do find SXTL's post really perplexing though.

In post 246, Skold wrote:JESUS CHIRST? This much overnight?
UNPsuedovote: I ALWAYS HATED YOU, HATED YOU FROM HELLO: Taly
Catching up soon.

First promise to catch up after complaining about too many posts.
In post 482, Skold wrote:I can't keep up with this xD. There's still time so I'll probably have time tomorrow to fully catch up and give a reads list. #springbreaksoon

I feel like a school yard bully, but why sign up for a game you know will be fast paced? This is classic scum behavior, and you may be new enough to not be aware of it. Please set some time aside and let us know about
anything
you think/feel about the game.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #49) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:13 pm

In post 500, pieguyn wrote:
votecount 1.11
Taly (1) - notscience
notscience (1) - Taly

Not voting (12) - Ankamius, Zymf, Skold, ZZZX, SXTLHGaiden, Mikazuki, Shadowcat, lufan131, Witness Protection, Thor and Loki, ZeL1nK2, White Narcissus

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is August 6, 14:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2015-04-11 14:00:00).

@ pieguyn Notice the first deadline? I'm afraid we'll all be dead from Darkness by then.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (isolation #50) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:15 am

VOTE: lufan

I almost feel like we've met before.

pedit why?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (isolation #51) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Lufan can at least throw a tin foil theory or two before out he goes. He's shown he's literate.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (isolation #52) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:20 pm

In post 859, Witness Protection wrote:a tin foil theory or two before out he goes

I'm almost literate.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #53) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks, I'll try it.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:29 pm

One more before you go, in a pinch, you can make a pipe to smoke your tobacco. *All state and local laws apply.*

A little sense with the trolling?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Unless he's just resigned scum.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 pm

I challenge the Triangles. Call out three scum guesses.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm

:cry:

You can't use invisible ink. You're gonna troll with then flip scum, huh?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 pm

If you're right, I'll buy you a pizza.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (isolation #59) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:30 am

In post 1180, Mikazuki wrote:(If anything if my posts makes no sense, please point it out. I'm not sure if my English is working properly right now)

No worries, I sometimes have a problem being clear occasionally too, and English is my only language (excluding a
little
German and Spanish). :oops:

Ever since Mr. Flay jumped on me for a prodge, I've done my best not to. But trying to say anything intelligent without reading all these pages is a folly I'd like to avoid.(I did try to catch up yesterday, but I ended up with as many pages as I started with left to read.) You all post like there's 28 of you!

I'll be around for most of the day today. I'll get caught up, and post my pvote and scum reads then.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (isolation #60) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:44 am

In post 296, notscience wrote:If I'm scum we'll know about Day 2 or day 3 so don't you worry your pretty little head

Every time I read ns, my gut screams scum. Even though he's been a regular in the thread, he's mostly been throwing one liners that are about what's being currently talked about, but without actually advancing anything. He keeps asking (I know Town can be wrong too) he's been wrong about everything that we now know to be true. He wanted Taly dead, defended Lufan's wagon

I think Shadowcat is more likely to be Town. The way they went after Lufan looked real to me.

I could pvote any of Skold, Zymf, or ZZZX, just because.

I'm pretty sure WN, Zelink, Ank, and Mika are Town. Gaiden's a maybe Town.

I've no clue, really, on T&L.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (isolation #61) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:02 am

In post 1211, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 1208, SXTLHGaiden wrote:
In post 1207, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 1206, Witness Protection wrote:I think Shadowcat is more likely to be Town. The way they went after Lufan looked real to me.

What was real about it exactly?

~Wis

on this note, have i mentioned that i didn't like ns's defense of lufan?

Have I mentioned that notty's my strongest townread?
~Sakura

Have I mentioned you're my strongest Town read ATM? You probably know him better than I do, but I'll keep an IGMEOY on him.

In post 611, Shadowcat wrote:
In post 592, ZeL1nK2 wrote:Even if he is scum, I don't think that's what it "indicates" at all (and especially not clearly). I could, for example, picture a scenario where he went to the main index, saw unread messages on the PT forum and thought, for whatever reason, he'd accidentally been given access to that PT. This doesn't necessarily denote access to another PT.

Except that you can't see unread message markers from the main index, and nor can you see them by clicking "view unread posts", because private topics don't show up there either. He had to go into that part of the forum. Going there to explore is quite understandable for a new player but he said that the unread symbol being there was the reason he went there in the first place (), which it can't have been.

@ lufan:
You seemed to have overlooked my .

Lufan's posts read newb, but not newtown. I'm ok with voting there. I'll second the request for lufan to claim.

This post is where I started to Town read Shadowcat. They brought up the unread posts thing first. it just seems something scum wouldn't need to do. The last line doesn't sound like bussing, to me.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 am

In post 1213, ZeL1nK2 wrote:The unread posts thing is actually blatantly wrong, for the record.

How? What am I misunderstanding? View unread posts takes me to 10 pages of posts.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (isolation #63) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:57 am

In post 1367, Shadowcat wrote:Btw,I'm going to claim now with all of the deadline thing.We are a darkness decreaser. We target someone and we decrease their darkness by 40%.

White Narcissus wrote:
In post 1367, Shadowcat wrote:I targetted notty N1. Because both Huntress and I agreed that he was town and the better route to go considering he could be an easy target to due everything that happened D1.
<br abp="665">Huh? despite he having claimed that he was immune to the darkening during D1? So basically you targeted someone that can't confirm whether your claim is valid?<br abp="666">~Sakura

pvote Shadowcat
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (isolation #64) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:35 am

In post 1627, Mikazuki wrote:WP if you're there, mind throwing us a post? What do you think of shadowcat in light of more recent posts?

In post 1628, White Narcissus wrote:Inb4 he reverses his read again... and dissapears for 2 real life days again!
~Sakura

What started off as waiting on the popcorn (which I don't know where it's at anyway), add to that such great weather (we've went rock climbing on Cheyenne Mountain several times this week) and spending a lot of time at the Billiards Museum at night all worked together to aggravate my "condition". That, and coming back to a "bunch" of pages each time I return.

I still don't like how Shadowcat said they were using learnt phrases to try to turn away her wagon. Them using their power to heal ns, (who said he doesn't accrue Darkness, going so far as to dare people to vote him)
still
doesn't make sense.

But, her Skold push makes sense in light of Newbie 1577, where he's a lot more engaged in trying to scum hunt than here. Here, he's been simultaneously refusing to give reads, pretending to not care, and giving excuses for not having good reads. If he should flip scum, then Shadowcat being Town would be more believable.

I still like WN, Zelink, Mika, and maybe Ank for Town.

Zymf's slot has never left null territory. Welcome 4nxi3ty, I hope you improve my opinion of this slot.

ZZZX is another slot that's promised content without delivering. He's been around Mafiascum, in other places, so a little time here isn't unreasonable.

I think scum is in Skold, T&L, Shadowcat, and ns.

Where's the popcorn? Vote coming soon.

pedit Hi Mika. I'll Beetlejuice ya!
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1733 (isolation #65) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:13 am

VOTE: Skold

Nothing has changed for me. I still think scum is in BROcho, Skold, Hunterkitten, and ns.

I guess we're not passing the popcorn any more? That's OK. I wasn't wanting to claim anyway. :eek:

Tomorrow, those alive should start taking mechanics seriously. We should start having enough info to weed out scums.

@ Zelink, could you list the claims we've had so far? Shadow claimed a *doc*, ns is a *ghost*, Skold a *VT*, but that's all I remember, and I'd bet you have them all listed out right now.

@ WN If you could get rid of one player, take out the scummiest slot in this game, who would you shoot? Same question to Zelink, Mika, and wth, T&L.

@ Shadowcat Are you protecting a ghost again Tonight? If not, would you be willing to list a pool of who you would protect?

I'm just curious. :good:
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1734 (isolation #66) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:15 am

EBWOP Not including the leading wagon (Skold).
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1736 (isolation #67) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:38 am

@ ns If I voted you, right now, your Darkness would not increase, right? But you do accrue ticks of Darkness, right? Would you be willing to claim your current Darkness level? I'd reciprocate.

pedit I'd prefer the info before the flip, actually. :oops:
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1738 (isolation #68) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:56 am

In post 1737, ZeL1nK2 wrote:If he flipped town, I'd probably just shoot Loki because you cannot truly say you love someone if you are unwilling to shoot them in the head.
:lol:
We've been playing small F2F games lately, and I whole heartedly agree!
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1739 (isolation #69) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:08 am

@ T&L Is 70% a good thing, or bad thing? Are you wanting to reach 70%?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1743 (isolation #70) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:40 am

In post 1741, Skold wrote:oh yeah and L-1.

Sorry, I truly didn't realize that. But it should be good incentive to get that reads list written. Who would you vig right now?

*ooc, or fluff* We're going rock climbing again today, so I'll be gone for several hours, again. I'll check in when we get back. Answers to my questions are appreciated, TIA.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (isolation #71) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:38 am

@ WN What do you think of their claim of *something* happening at 70%?

Also, my character kinda likes Darkness, so I expect a degree of distrust. Darkness can bring honesty.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (isolation #72) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:58 am

My Darkness levels N1 - 4%, D2 4%, N2 10%, and D3 10%.

I have a passive ability that increases Darkness, but
that
didn't affect ZZZX.

@ ZZZX Why blurt out that you're at 70%?

@ Mika They're hints at my in game persona. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people have figured it out already.

@ T&L If *something* happens when you reach 70%, and you don't know what it is, wouldn't it be better (as Town) to take one for the team (get lynched) rather that chance letting yourself get to 70%, and have something bad (you've claimed not to know what it is) happen? Is there anything else we should know about your Role?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (isolation #73) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:31 am

In post 1793, 4nxi3ty wrote:if we are talking about people taking one for the team someone who increases darkness for others is on the table imo. Is this a compulsive ability?

Yes. I don't control it, thus the *passive ability* part.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (isolation #74) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:47 am

In post 1794, 4nxi3ty wrote:oh an ppl shouldn't claim darkness levels yet

I was thinking about this yesterday, and I don't see where the Darkness levels being known helps scum more than Town. I think it'd help to keep scum a little more honest. If they lied about their Darkness levels, well, it might spell the end for them. Scum probably have the *default* level of Darkness anyway.

The only way I see it helping scum is if they need to add their Darkness together to NK someone, then it might help them know the easiest slot to try to NK.

pedit I'm asking them their opinion of what they think should happen. Aside from not accruing any Darkness. I'm not exactly Town reading them ATM.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (isolation #75) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:40 am

In post 1806, ZZZX wrote:
In post 1790, Witness Protection wrote:@ ZZZX Why blurt out that you're at 70%?

Why not?

It's T&L's magical percentage. So I asked.

In post 1809, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 1733, Witness Protection wrote:@ WN If you could get rid of one player, take out the scummiest slot in this game, who would you shoot? Same question to Zelink, Mika, and wth, T&L.

Why did you ask this question yesterday WP?
~Sakura

The first three slots I asked were my Town reads and I wanted them to state their biggest scum reads, and I threw T&L in to see what they'd say too. I would have listened to anyone else's thoughts too, if they'd been given a chance to voice them. :(

In post 1805, ZZZX wrote:
In post 1773, ZeL1nK2 wrote:I'm thinking it could be related to scum manipulating Shadowcat's ability (with a 1.5x multiplier). Though this would require Shadowcat having targeted ZZZX, I guess.

I doubt scum directly increased ZZZX's darkness - he doesn't exactly scream high priority target.

thats what i found weird...

I doubt scum had anything to do with it either. I'd be interested why you think ZZZX is Town being attacked, though. He hasn't impressed me as Town ZZZX yet.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1812 (isolation #76) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:21 am

Hello?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (isolation #77) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 am

@ WN I'm probably going to. I wanted to hear from slots first though.

What's your honest opinion of Zelink? Most of the time I think he's Town, but sometimes ...

4nxi3ty's been absent, plus a few others.

I'm going to be around most of the next 48 deadline, so anyone that wants to interrogate me, feel free.

My possible scum list remains the same (obviously), with a frown towards Ank's slot.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1815 (isolation #78) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:50 am

In post 1797, 4nxi3ty wrote:I want gaiden to open up

QFT

Why is Gaiden a Town read? *Question to anyone*
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:24 pm

In post 1830, Ankamius wrote:I'm not impressed with WP's posting this game phase.
What exactly are you not liking? Why? Shouldn't you either be showing others why I'm scum, or asking me questions that help clarify your read? It doesn't look that way to me. Rather it looks like an early attempt at a smear campaign. Can you show how your read on me progressed?

In post 1833, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1829, ZeL1nK2 wrote:I doubt there was some grand scum plan in claiming to be at 70% unless he's doing it for some sort of town credit (as in, I doubt he's doing it with the intent to draw out claims since, you know, it's entirely possible no town player targeted him). I can perhaps think of one alternate explanation for it if he's scum but eh.

Drawing out the day phase to try to 'figure' it out while dropping fake info about how the scumteam works is a motive; if he exaggerated his darkness level, it could still be used to draw out town power and reveal even more fake info about the scumteam. The fact that he has posted several times since day started and literally all of them related to it doesn't help his case.

The main thing I see if this is the case is that Thorki is probably town.

Let me see if I got this straight. IF ZZZX is faking his 70% Darkness claim, then T&L are Town because ...???. Even if ZZZX flipped scum, how does that have anything to do with T&L's alignment? Am I missing something?

More frowns for Ank.

pedit What Zelink said. Ank's current case doesn't make sense to me.

In post 1838, Ankamius wrote:The other issue is that I'm having a lot of trouble seeing a town player increase his darkness level like this. It doesn't make sense to me that someone town would increase ZZZX's level by 60 or whichever he claimed... yet there's no evidence that it had been done before. Skold never claimed to have had his darkness increased this much, and there's no other evidence around that someone else's darkness got raised so high on night 1. Spreading the darkness around without flipping people or only using it night 2 is a weird enough idea from town to bug me.
Now here you're going in the opposite direction of Zelink. What makes you think Town attacked ZZZX? Even if it was Town (and ZZZX is scum), what makes you think someone just didn't claim their increase Day 1, or that it's not a one shot, or an even Night ability? How does Skold (scum) never claiming a Darkness increase (he got run up pretty quickly) have anything to do with ZZZX?

A last thought on Darkness, pie doesn't list it with flips. Our only way to know Darkness levels of anyone else is if they claim it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”