pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

votecount 1.6
Taly (1) - notscience
notscience (1) - Taly

Not voting (12) - Ankamius, Zymf, Skold, ZZZX, SXTLHGaiden, Mikazuki, Shadowcat, lufan131, Witness Protection, Thor and Loki, ZeL1nK2, White Narcissus

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is August 6, 14:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2015-04-11 14:00:00).
Thor and Loki
Thor and Loki
Goon
Thor and Loki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Thor and Loki »

It would be very very nice if people could just pseudo-vote.
But, ultimately, this is why we can't have nice things.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 174, notscience wrote:If you think this is emotion

you haven't seen anything yet bucko

I was more referring to the counter-vote than your vote when I referred to getting swept up in emotion. You are just disregarding the idea altogether. Which, although you seem like a really cool guy with your "down with the system!" attitude and your play so far has established in my mind that you're a really good player, is not very helpful.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by notscience »

I keep loling

every single time

you say that
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 177, Thor and Loki wrote:It would be very very nice if people could just pseudo-vote.
But, ultimately, this is why we can't have nice things.

I said I would behave after this one
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by White Narcissus »

so basically you want to pass the idea that Taly got caught up in emotion rather than being scum. Is it just because it's us pushing him that you are defending him?

~Wis

pedit: @Zel1nk
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Sure.

Or I could just be looking at it and putting things into perspective.

I don't know.

I mean, let's think about it from the perspective he's scum. An actual vote on him doesn't really mean a lot to him. Having his darkness increased isn't going to matter. Scum are likely never going to die via darkness this game. Increasing someone's darkness by a very, very insignificant amount isn't doing much, so I can't even really think of legitimate scum motivation for it, unless he thought he would not cop flak for it. I suppose you could argue it was just not a well-thought-through move. Or I suppose you could argue maybe he thought it would make him look town somehow...? Maybe? I mean, I suppose I do think it was a town move so it's not outside the realm of possibility here...

But the simpler explanation is town player not thinking.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by notscience »

occams is overrated
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

I'm not suggesting it's impossible he could be scum. I've certainly seen scum make a similar move in a game with similar mechanics and try to pass it off as town emotion. This doesn't look like that, though.

It's not really Occam's Razor. Just assessing the likelihood of it being a scum action against the likelihood of it being a town action.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:21 pm

In post 182, ZeL1nK2 wrote:But the simpler explanation is town player not thinking.

Or scum player overreacting.
Or scum player not thinking.
Considering i've seen my fair share of scum moves, those are likely as well, not all scum think through everything they do. Why does everyone seem to think that everything scum does is a premeditated move from some sort of backwater agenda?

That kinda logic can apply to both alignments, so why did you decide to apply it to a town possibility?
~Sakura
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Mikazuki »

I might just give a summary of my thoughts so far of active players over a few posts. Real life calls, I have an important assignment due tomorrow so not much free time today, sorry. I'll be sure to catch up tomorrow though.

(Aw man there was a Higurashi game? Someone please mod another one, pretty please?)

Zymf: Just the one post pointing out the problem with RVS, null.

White: Voting first thing with this game mech wasn't good, but probably a honest mistake. Dislikes Zelink's overexplanation for focusing on game setup/mechanics which I disagree with. Annoyance at lack of scumhunting on page 2/3 which seems rather early, but not unreasonable. Don't like the part of their scum read of Taly concerning pointing out game mechanics yet to be discussed, as I see no problem with that since it's important to take into account what abilities other players may have with such a strange game mechanic. Don't agree that Taly is overreacting, could be biased because of my own playstyle but annoyance/defensiveness at accusations you think are silly are not a scumtell to me. Overall, lots of effort put into scumhunting, which I feel overshadows my disagreements with their points since some of them are matters of opinion. Also, what little meta knowledge I have makes them towny to me right now. Slight town lean.

Notscience: Uh... I have no idea what to make of this guy. Can barely understand some of his posts. His behavior gives me a gut feeling of town, but I'm going to go with null for now.
“There’s no one who can live their whole life being completely uncorrupted.”

Nee~ Get To Know A Mika!~
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 185, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 182, ZeL1nK2 wrote:But the simpler explanation is town player not thinking.

Or scum player overreacting.
Or scum player not thinking.
Considering i've seen my fair share of scum moves, those are likely as well, not all scum think through everything they do. Why does everyone seem to think that everything scum does is a premeditated move from some sort of backwater agenda?

That kinda logic can apply to both alignments, so why did you decide to apply it to a town possibility?
~Sakura

It doesn't really apply to both alignments, though (maybe for some players, but not for a lot of others). Scum players, by the nature of the game, are more likely to be conscious of how they come across in the things they're saying (they
want
to look town). Town aren't as likely to be conscious of it.

You could argue he's scum who did it without thinking. It would be a very weak argument by itself, though, when it's reasonable to assume a town player is just as likely (if not more likely) to do the same.

In any case, since your original question was something about me assuming he got caught up in emotion, the potential explanations seem to be in line with that. Except that you think he's scum who wasn't thinking and I don't.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:28 pm

In post 186, Mikazuki wrote:Don't agree that Taly is overreacting, could be biased because of my own playstyle but annoyance/defensiveness at accusations you think are silly are not a scumtell to me.

Annoyance =/= "HOLY SHIT IM GOING TO BE LYNCHED TODAY" from a single vote and pseudovote, specially with people like Zelink hard defending him.
Like... really.
Also why is most of your read on us wishy washy?
In post 186, Mikazuki wrote:Notscience: Uh... I have no idea what to make of this guy. Can barely understand some of his posts. His behavior gives me a gut feeling of town, but I'm going to go with null for now.

He's town
~Sakura
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Mikazuki »

My read on you is wishy washy because this game has been going for like half a day. Didn't realise I needed to have definite reads this early on, oops.

White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:32 pm

@Mika: I'm surprised you decide to comment on Zymf's single post but not on anything other people that have been actively posting like Zelink or Nachodra have done, while you also seem to have been reading far enough to describe everything we've done and get a slight town read on us (In a sort of wishy washy manner).
~Sakura
PEdit: I'd expect you to be more hard commited to stuff, but then again the only time i've seen you is in your scum game...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Jesus fucking christ, guys. I tablet posted three hours ago and the thread doubled in size since then.

I'll read stuff sometime tonight.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 188, White Narcissus wrote:Annoyance =/= "HOLY SHIT IM GOING TO BE LYNCHED TODAY" from a single vote and pseudovote, specially with people like Zelink hard defending him.

I don't think your assessment of "overreacting" was correct, either. Whatever tone you read in the wall he wrote back on page four was entirely different to how I read it...

I get that he was stressing certain points while responding in detail, but it was more in an "I don't understand how anyone could possibly think like you do" kind of way.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:34 pm

In post 189, Mikazuki wrote:Didn't realise I needed to have definite reads this early on, oops.

Where did i say you needed to have definite reads? Your read on us is like "Oh hey this is bad, but then, it's not" "Oh hey I disagree with this, but then it makes sense" and then in the end after all those null wishy washy stances you go "Oh based on a little bit of meta i have they're slight town".
~Sakura
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:36 pm

In post 192, ZeL1nK2 wrote:I don't think your assessment of "overreacting" was correct, either. Whatever tone you read in the wall he wrote back on page four was entirely different to how I read it...

I am not talking about the wall, tho i didn't like the wall either, i'm talking about #
~Sakura
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Mikazuki »

Taly: Focus on game mechanics is not alignment indicative to me, especially in such a complicated setup. (Complicated for my standards) Reactions to White seem reasonable as I explained before. Vote on NS looks almost OMGUS because of what he said afterwards about obliging him, and he did not even seem to be scumreading NS before. I don't like how despite focusing on why it is important to be careful with votes earlier on, he'll still vote without a significant scum read. Slight scum lean.

Zelink: Came up with the pseudovotes system (thank you!), very dedicated to keeping order in the game which is helpful but not alignment indicative. His defense of Taly does not bother me because the 'case' against Taly is concerning discussing game mech, which Zelink has also focused on, so it would make sense for him to disagree. Comments on scumhunting without asking questions seem true. I may be a little biased because I like his good humor and logical approach to the game so far, but the game is still in early stages, so things could easily change. Slight town lean.

Edit: Agree with Ankamius, you guys be crazy :lol:

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by notscience »

YEAH MALA STOP SPAMMING
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 194, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 192, ZeL1nK2 wrote:I don't think your assessment of "overreacting" was correct, either. Whatever tone you read in the wall he wrote back on page four was entirely different to how I read it...

I am not talking about the wall, tho i didn't like the wall either, i'm talking about #
~Sakura

Yes, but I'm pretty sure Mikazuki was referring to when she talked about the "overreaction" so it doesn't matter what you were talking about.
Mikazuki
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mikazuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Mikazuki »

In post 193, White Narcissus wrote:
In post 189, Mikazuki wrote:Didn't realise I needed to have definite reads this early on, oops.

Where did i say you needed to have definite reads? Your read on us is like "Oh hey this is bad, but then, it's not" "Oh hey I disagree with this, but then it makes sense" and then in the end after all those null wishy washy stances you go "Oh based on a little bit of meta i have they're slight town".
~Sakura

Disagreeing with someone is less important than whether or not I can rationalise how you came to that conclusion, and overall attitide and behavior counts for a lot too. Unless your reasoning seems completely ridiculous, it doesn't earn you scum points from me if I disagree with you. Some of my thoughts are just thinking aloud and I wanted to take note of what I thought about your posts.

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by ZZZX »

It has been 3 hours guys

Take it slow lol.

Zlink intro felt waaay to forced to me tbh.

Also on another note I'll be back in 5 hours as I have an exam now
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”