Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1265 (isolation #200) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1033, skitter30 wrote:Ok dats:
- he's exuding a vibe of 'i hate this game' which i think strongly correlates with scum-him, ari agrees that he has this vibe but was telling me it isnt scum-indicative so i backed off. I still strongly think this is +scum for him
- his reads are incidental and dont make sense, ex: prism read, ex: read on me
-- read on me has been waffle-y and he keeps changing it, often in accordance with how big my wagon is / how easy i am to push
-- i dont think he sincerely scumreads me here. His read basically boils down to 'i'm scumreading him for nonsense' *while acknowledging* that he thinks town-me has often done that before
-- even if that is his read on me, i dont think town-him chooses to push me for that reason on day1, whereas scum-him will absolutely take advantage of the existing wagon
- in general the rest of his reads are incidental and weak (if they exist at all) ... his dwlee read is that he doesnt think scum-dwlee pushes enchant today which is just ???? why is that even remotely town indicative ... ???
First point have been over and I'm with Ari.

Second point I want more elaboration to why his on me doesn't make sense; I have my understanding of it but iirc your vote was spurred more by my swap to you than by my statements.

Third/Fourth is pretty standard Datisi. Fifth I wasn't thrilled by the Dwlee townread either, might revisit.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1266 (isolation #201) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1034, Enchant wrote:Either way i gived it thought and i think, if gived choice from Ascetic and novice Mailman, i elim novice mailman like 90% times.
????????? Literally why, scorching hot take.

It is very unclear why you have chosen to die on this hill of me being town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1267 (isolation #202) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1038, Datisi wrote:i mean this is stupid because i don't even WANT to push skitter anymore but i will still have to defend myself against the tiger because she's gonna say my turnaround was because i got scared of her or something and like

pain
I don't like this. Vaguely reactive after my point about insecurity/fear of rolling scum resulting in overshooting the defensive response to me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1270 (isolation #203) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Prism »

Spoiler: Ari shit
In post 1046, Aristeia wrote:she probably will hate winning this way as scum more than I will hate losing to her as town.
? bruh you've heard me emphasize across 5-8 games that I unashamedly put tar on the baseball and will frequently intentionally make players miserable to win, when/if player throw games i snatch it with a SMILE

why i didn't give a shit about n1ing you in D&C, and why cat doesn't give a shit about n1ing me immediately if I don't punish him day 1
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1274 (isolation #204) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1054, fireisredsir wrote:i also don't really think that the reasons you are casing dats are very scummy things in this specific game, skitter. like, weak reads, self-doubt, even the existential dread. im feeling most of those things as well so i don't really see it as that scummy. and its not like he's going over the top in playing it up, if he were i could totally see how that's scummy behavior, but i don't feel an overabundance of woe is me.

i think it would be believable that he would imitate those vibes as scum, but it's kind of a risky play unless he really sells it hard and i don't think he is, so the alternative would be to just project more confidence. there's been times when he has (someone said "bluster-y"?) but its always felt pretty thin and transparent, and his honest thoughts shine through pretty easily and quickly. compare to when he pushed on fua in the large, that felt blustery but he went like all in on it and really played it up

so the being kind of in the middle here just reads more as honest to me but trying at times to be good strong town player even when he doesn't fully believe in his own reads
+town post from fire IMO even though I disagree w//r/t him faking more confidence. Good process.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1276 (isolation #205) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1057, fireisredsir wrote:when you do get back prism i wanna know more about what you think on vp and why he is such strong town to you. i see but would like more
I liked the initial spat with skitter, emphasis on catching awkward tone I found consistent across all of his posts. Back/forth about who was on the sidelines and who wasn't didn't really strike me because I thought it plausible Baltar took borderline offense to sideline accusation. Skitter had written a lot of words on me/Ari but it should have been obvious to anyone reading along that I was skeptical of her positioning the entire time and that a lot was reactive to that pressure.

I realized at some point while catching up w/ my last reads list that I really shouldn't townread that consistency with tone. At some point I decided I have no townreads and don't want to spend all game doing my best scared catboi impression so I picked something to believe in and it was Baltar town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1278 (isolation #206) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1063, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1059, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 983, skitter30 wrote:He feels so off tho >.>

But fine

VOTE: dwlee

That's the third vote btw ^
On the other hand, this could have done the trick if I'm wrong about Dwlee, especially with Enchant in the game.
No?
I would have unvoted if it reached e1 with enchant in the game. And if i were trying to hasten the wagon i wouldnt havr counted the votes or announced the e1 ...

What exactly are you trying to imply here?
???????? The context of this vote is giving up on your Datisi vote and consolidating on Dwlee. I can see some argument about wanting to pressure but not wanting other votes but uhhhhhhhh, incredibly bizarre statement
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1279 (isolation #207) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1067, Shuichi Saihara wrote:I'm in no hurry. There are several more players I want to investigate before I decide who I want to elim today, and I'm likely only going to do 0 or 1 more today.
I know we just addressed this a bit ago but I can't help making this joke. Kind of sorry kind of not.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1280 (isolation #208) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Taking a break but TO BE CONTINUED
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1284 (isolation #209) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm not even going to try to speculate if you were Enchant-baiting or not, I think the bolded is ???? bullshit to dodge the accusation. You were in the process of consolidating on something viable and that people were more interested in.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1286 (isolation #210) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by Prism »

jesus fucking christ @ page 45 datisi

not down to vote him but jesus fucking christ
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1291 (isolation #211) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1172, Aristeia wrote:I have given my best effort to eliminate you.
I'm going to let this slide and bet on my earlier read being right, and I think this one is plausible, but I want to mark it down that this is the post that made me stop and seriously consider something like Ari/skitter.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1292 (isolation #212) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by Prism »

I was told there was a reflective stepback in fire's skitter progression. This is that reflective stepback.
In post 1128, fireisredsir wrote:let's goooooo im less sold on skitter now too

VOTE: vp
In post 1217, fireisredsir wrote:actual answer is that
i was also feeling like skitter's response to the latest pressure was kinda towny
, and him voting you meant that it was possible to wagon you and see where that goes. i have been wanting to wagon you or skitter for a while now, i started with skitter but was happy going either way
In post 1221, fireisredsir wrote:bc i liked skitter wagon more until her response swayed me
I have liked most of the recent posting from the slot but the above progression+voteswap is not even remotely difficult to fake and free as long as he's in no personal danger.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1294 (isolation #213) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Prism »

@Aristeia @skitter
Spoiler: THIS is a reflective stepback goddamnit
In post 1365, Prism wrote:So I spent some time thinking on this and I'm definitely wrong in at least one way, so thanks for that flow trap.
In [url=hhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12559049#p12559049]post 1338[/url], flow trap wrote:They start off with a town vote, but then they play "I don't want to seem suspicious" post which I believe is #77. However; I do find their explanation (351) to be completely valid as I have stated before town shouldn't go out of their way to seem suspicious which is fair as they were indeed going for that POV. Some solid posts between 77 and 351. Their next post (355) worries me; I believe it was brought up how Salsa was suspicious due to taking a joke seriously, I'm getting the same sort of vibe here. In post 348 they reinforce the "town shouldn't go out of their way to be suspicious" idea which I find town
So I agreed early on that the start was pretty town. Especially coming from a new/less experienced player, this type of mindset is really common. Honestly, there are two explanations I've thought of that kind of contradict. My working assumption that I've used to just kind of shove aside the start as secondary has been that floo is actually quite skilled/experienced and just faked it. Thinking more on it, while that's true, I think they definitely have shown they're still adapting to the forum format too. The careful posting, the disappearing for vast periods, etc. are much more typical during your first forum games. Now I think it's more likely that they do the same thing as town too and just assumed everyone else has the same fear. Chat players definitely are always concerned about their appearance like this: You realize pretty quickly as town that faking some appearance things brings more success than 100% honesty, as much as I always resented that. I think the post you quote next, 438, reinforces this. I think it's either town or NAI entirely rather than floo going out of their way to fake something common among new players.

I don't really want to NK spec N1 but I don't think Esoteric was really in danger of getting voted even w/ the Enchant flip. I think the only person really pushing that by the EoD was Spartan.
In [url=hhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12559049#p12559049]post 1338[/url], flow trap wrote:I found their push overall towny, it does have a few lows, however. Reading it back it is sounding mildly tunnely since they are talking about salsa 90% of their early posts, not that I find that suspicious.
The emotional push could go either way as Town determination or Mafia emotional shutdown.
I had to skim the latter half of their posts and nothing stood out.

Overall I still find floo town
I'm unclear if the bolded is about floo or Salsabil but my guess is the latter. My entire point is I don't think floo has given the former any chance of being correct at all. He pushed the emotions/dismissiveness as scummy, then actively tried to bait more of them to push on. I don't think they were scummy to begin with, but even if you think they are it's not clear at all what he expected Salsabil to do if she were town and those emotions legitimate. His mind was already made up. Replacement showing them real regardless of alignment did not phase him.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1295 (isolation #214) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Finished.

Town
======
Aristeia
Datisi (please direct all questions on this read to Aristeia)
Dwlee99
fireisredsir
Baltar
Shuichi
Enchant
skitter30
======
Scum

Impressed with a few posts of fire's that I quoted above. Not really impressed with Baltar's resurgence or the questions. Tracking through the fireisredsir read dregs up 665 which is...not great on revisit. Entire progression on Fire dialoguing around 654 is questionable. 657 is right and I went out of my way to similarly correct Baltar. Re: Fire's point on Baltar around that time I see "too many people want X" from players to think it's inherently +scum but it's a bad point.

From here though it seems to be mostly a faith argument where Baltar views himself as trying to defuse me/Datisi, whereas my/fire's concern was he didn't read into it. Not really seeing why fireisredsir is a strong scumread beyond the initial post. Echoes of my concerns with mostly sidelining all game only to say "but outside strong voices?" in 844.

My vote is fine where it is IMO. We can leash him to a VT if we want but I don't think the claim is itself +town, modmeta is "Anything goes!" atm. Don't see why he trolls with that role either, obviously best left hidden but was practically daring me to vote him and softed vig. Borderline trolling to invite votes on a doctor, and while Enchant is troll-ish he's not actually a troll.

Aristeia continues to let skitter get away with murder in interacting with us, she didn't at all think me/Datisi was notable iirc until I voted her and I don't recall her ever actually digging into those interactions, and I found 1063's "I would have unvoted if E-1!" very unlikely.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1296 (isolation #215) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 702, skitter30 wrote:
In post 693, Datisi wrote:your treatment of my slot is giving me bad vibes and this lowkey feels like chaining skitter > datisi and i don't like it
Uh how are you reading me again?
In post 705, skitter30 wrote:I dont really get dats' prism vote tbh
In post 877, skitter30 wrote:I like
I do not like
Not entirely true actually, hm.

Just more passive
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1298 (isolation #216) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by Prism »

same tbh
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1299 (isolation #217) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Prism »

Now that you've hopefully malded over that for a second, combination of earlygame interactions and not liking any distinct progression.

You are exactly right about the circumstances surrounding my tilt being town. Your refereeing of me/Aristeia was deeply questionable and I don't buy the argument that you play into it. This is not your first rodeo with us, we need no help ripping each other limb by limb indefinitely.

Simultaneously, you seem to not understand my scumread on you at all and have not revisited my slot at all. You ignore a player with more familiarity with my scumgame that you deeply respect screaming at you from the rooftop that I faketilt and do counterintuitive shit all the time with ease.

Aristeia will have an alcoholic break when I flip town and I will have an alcoholic break if you flip town. It's the garbage play ~circle of life~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1300 (isolation #218) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Prism »

and by "refereeing" I mean "calling it TvT and only scratching the surface unless I pull you in by the collar"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1301 (isolation #219) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Prism »

skitter getting pelted by tomatoes for calling me/Ari TvT too easily
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1303 (isolation #220) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by Prism »

did you try reading the post baltar
In post 1295, Prism wrote:My vote is fine where it is IMO. We can leash him to a VT if we want but I don't think the claim is itself +town, modmeta is "Anything goes!" atm. Don't see why he trolls with that role either, obviously best left hidden but was practically daring me to vote him and softed vig. Borderline trolling to invite votes on a doctor, and while Enchant is troll-ish he's not actually a troll.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1306 (isolation #221) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Prism »

Deep down Enchant does have some tryhard in him and follows some basic mechanics. Hardtrolling as a doc-role does not really fit that even if technically possible.

I don't know how many games you have seen in the last two years but the modmeta atm is literally to punish even the most basic level of rolespec, ex. the mini normal with 3 doctors, the mini normal with a vanilla cop, 3 killblocking PRs, and all goons, the game with mafia neighbors
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1308 (isolation #222) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1305, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1299, Prism wrote:You are exactly right about the circumstances surrounding my tilt being town. Your refereeing of me/Aristeia was deeply questionable and I don't buy the argument that you play into it. This is not your first rodeo with us, we need no help ripping each other limb by limb indefinitely
Why am i even still townreading u if i'm scum here ...
Open choice with multiple viable paths, you're not a brick. As long as the split isn't me vs. you you're not currently in danger from it and I'm actually more likely to get flipped instead.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1309 (isolation #223) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Prism »

I actually thought that "refereeing" was too vague and charitable which is why I sharpened my point LMAO
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1311 (isolation #224) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Go for it, just be sure to explain why you were ever so certain and dismissive to begin with.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1314 (isolation #225) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Prism »

I can see either but a complete fakeclaim relies on someone familiar with Flavor Leaf's games.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1316 (isolation #226) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Prism »

I was working on posting a giant progression from skitter only to find that she gave something actually incredibly believable in her progression so WELP

Maybe I should just shut up and vote Baltar and let her carry me/Aristeia both

Had me as puzzlingly null/idk despite calling it TvT repeatedly, really weird juxtaposition/followups. Main focus was that I seemed to believe what I was writing despite not clearly understanding it fully+qualifying that I might believe it anyway/wasn't townreading me for it.

Then I actually explain after the argument is over and 562 happens which clearly switches from townlean for vaguely believing it to almost certainly town.
Spoiler:
Small sample of skitter's larger progression. Brief mech intro, doesn't really careSpitballs that mech isn't directly implicating in 106. Ari makes the skitter+Prism accusation in 152 and at this point me/Ari start going at it, makes one more attempt to ignore mech in 169.

Dayplay critique slapfighting from me/Aristeia starts.
In post 196, skitter30 wrote:I dont really have thoughts on this ari/prism thing, i think they can plausibly be tvt
Doesn't weigh in on either of our points, complete ignore the actual arguments until I flag her down.
In post 211, skitter30 wrote:I have yes. I'm not convinced either of u are scum

I dont think ari enters the game claiming novice mailman and uses that to push you (/ me) - while scum-her might want to push us two, i dont think she thinks this would br a particularly convincing/winning path

I dont have a strong read on you, but i similarly dont think you beinf ascetic is inherently scum indicative

We can at least say you're probably not scum together, i suppose
In post 214, skitter30 wrote:
And i think prism probably believes what she's pushing ari for rn
Second post is an immediate tag-on to the first, ~1 minute. Maybe I believe it as scum too, sure.
In post 268, skitter30 wrote:
In post 248, Prism wrote:My argument is that you previously went on a snipehunt chasing my partner before me in the Mini Normal. I don't think you even start on that path again and just focus squarely on me.

Your response to this was that you understood the connection. However you didn't spend that much time on it, and you weren't actually voting skitter. In comparison, you actually wound up forcing my "partner" through first in the other game as you were already there. This distinction is a mitigating response with further depth of context, not a complete rejection.

Perhaps you are in fact town and this distinction critical. Acting like there's obviously no real connection and it's irrational from my end to expect this makes me suspect it is in bad faith.
You're behaving differently than how town-prism thinks you would behave here - namely, she doesn't think you would start a push on a teamread involving here again after the events of that game
/ you would keep the events of last game in mind as you make fhis push here

You're not and she finds this suspicious

I dont know wjat the events of last game are so i really couldnt say if this is a reasonable expectation or not
The bolded seems slightly important before declaring this TvT.
In post 292, skitter30 wrote:I also think your understanding for how she'd approach this is wrong (and somewhat hard to follow) but i think you probably (?) believe it.
Ot at least i dont really scumread you for it

I think its basically a tvt argument
, and i'm just letting u play yourselves out so we can get to more interesting things, like whether vpb is scum
Again ??? juxtaposition.
In post 324, skitter30 wrote:Probably town
324 to Baltar has me probably as town, presumably for believing in my argument without digging to see if it was reasonable.

Decisive moment comes with:
In post 562, skitter30 wrote:It was more of a townlean before

And you just conveyed ur perspective in a way that just *explains* why you were so sus of ari and why you were scumreading her. Like the pieces fell into place and the perspective for ur half if the argument just makes *sense* now
Which makes me think town
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1317 (isolation #227) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:23 pm

Post by Prism »

Perhaps The Decisive Moment Is That She Is Town
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1318 (isolation #228) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by Prism »

Are you still scum? Maybe

Is that read completely arbitrary in strength and timing? No
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1319 (isolation #229) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Prism »

aw shit IT'S THE REFLECTIVE STEPBACK

IS THAT ARISTEIA'S MUSIC
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1321 (isolation #230) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Prism »

I expected to track through your read on me and find overly confident and weirdly timed garbage.

I found the garbage when I worked through the beginnings and hit the 540s-560s. The garbage is me :')

Spoiler is what I was writing before I hit the brakes
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1323 (isolation #231) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Prism »

I think there's be a good reason for that tbh
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1324 (isolation #232) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Prism »

Anyway I'm decisively in Clown Land with you at this point, no shred of dignity left, we can flip me now we can flip me later we can wait and hope Datisi/skitter are town and carry us but absolute clown shit
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1326 (isolation #233) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:00 pm

Post by Prism »

I honestly hope she is mafia and just completely puzzled at why I stopped tunneling
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1327 (isolation #234) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Prism »

And bruh my icon is literally transparent and you still managed to cut a piece of the astronaut off with a black background you boomer
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1330 (isolation #235) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Prism »

I love you for thinking that instead of just backspacing 1316, going to bed, and acting like nothing ever happened, that is a planned scum idea.

Someone is a true student, knows that as scum I see a 5 cent one off gimmick from the dollar store and will run the ship aground in a second to grab it lmfao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1332 (isolation #236) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1329, skitter30 wrote:Prism i dont really get where the sudden revelation came from, did you skip that post the first time? Why did it wipe away the badness of the first group of posts ...
I mean I was there when it first happened and have been working off of memory since, I remembered the emphasis on TvT above all else and remembered it as vague garbage into "finally a tangible reason"

It's a different story when you are tracking through across the entire ISO, see TvT comments juxtaposed but null/noncommital, seeing the "believing what they say but I don't quite understand" conflict play out, then actually put together the puzzle and swap to hard townread as a result

SUDDENLY THE SHIT MAKES SENSE
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1335 (isolation #237) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Prism »

Putting together that spoiler wall I was going "Okay it's TvT but it's unclear why she's townreading me. Says I believe what I'm saying but says she doesn't understand at times, clearly important substantive issues. TvT shit again but goes out of her way to say she isn't townreading me, literally where is this coming from, why does she even believe I believe this..."

"Okay now she's officially putting me as a hard townread why the FUCK"

"...She read 547 and actually finally understood what I was saying clearly for the first time, which bridged the gap and solved that internal conflict as to whether my sincere belief was AI or reasonable at all. This actually does make a ton of sense. F U C K"

Curb Your Enthusiasm theme
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1336 (isolation #238) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by Prism »

yes aristeia he ran the same fucking closed setup again lmao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1340 (isolation #239) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:34 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm at the point where I'm no longer mad at you shoving me anymore as long as you demonstrate basic literacy. Hilariously tragic game.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1347 (isolation #240) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Prism »

your salty tears are delicious

lookin' forward to this dead thread bb
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1349 (isolation #241) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Prism »

Aristeia if you go to bed I'm going to get you LMAO

Gonna wake up and it'll be ELO and Enchant will cross with skitter and I'm already there smiling at you with the axe
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1351 (isolation #242) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Alright, since I'm about to go to bed, I am playing like a complete fucking idiot I have no clue who scum is anymore if it's not skitter. If it is I have some vague "Maybe she approaches me/Ari's fight differently" but since then has made basically no mistakes. Read on me checks out, read on Datisi checks out, if she's scum we are fucked.

I am having a ton of fun trolling Aristeia and can go all day but at some point we should consolidate. Baltar is potentially a good vote and I'll look again tomorrow but I am almost an inevitable flip unless I randomly go super saiyan real-day-tomorrow and get us a Day 1 scumflip. I can't say I am looking forward to having my streak of never being eliminated in almost 5 years broken but objectively most of the table has me as either scum or ??? still scum. It gives a good amount of information, and I am legitimately shocked that I have not been flipped today already given that ~4 people have wanted to go on me and ~3 have sat on the fence. The only players who seriously townread me have been my top two scumreads in skitter/Enchant so this is a clown fiesta. I probably just shot skitter's and left it dying in the street. I do not see 7 people magically townreading me and with my role it is literally impossible to get a mech clear on me.

If nothing else force the fencesitters to come down on one side or the other.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1353 (isolation #243) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by Prism »

I suspect my new plan tomorrow will be loosely inspired by the 2006 Los Angeles Lakers

Pass my vote to skitter
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1354 (isolation #244) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by Prism »

Give her the ball, get out of the way, hope she drops 81. Tell all my friends we combined for 84.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1356 (isolation #245) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Prism »

You can tell it's fake because catboi actually responds.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1357 (isolation #246) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by Prism »

Also doing the complete opposite of anti-spewing, have continuously reread slots unprompted, called for wagons, voted around, and challenged people to get off the fence repeatedly

but go off queen~~~~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1358 (isolation #247) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Post by Prism »

If you get bored, I think you should hit the books again to see how I approach anti-spew. I have not had to do it in many years except as insurance, but I am very non-traditional and my approach differs from the rest of the site.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1361 (isolation #248) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Post by Prism »

If there is one thing I'm known for as scum, it's not strategic depth. It's not a focus on clean play, zero mistakes, immaculate progressions, and risk avoidance.

It is popping wheelies and doing donuts and shitting myself inthread unprompted
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1375 (isolation #249) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Prism »

It's a joke because I am relentlessly precise as scum. Exact wording, progressions and conversations with town players planned weeks in advance.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1378 (isolation #250) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Prism »

It's a response to her joke in the fake Discord that I was openwolfing, anti-spewing, and popping wheelies. I actually have a fondness for one-off dollar store fimmicks that make posts like mine to skitter somewhat plausible as scum.
Spoiler: Anatomy of a single S/S post
In post 12, Prism wrote:Next, let's break down the sequence itself.

Splitting this into 3 different posts was a conscious choice. You don't want to tell someone what your thought process is; it is much more convincing to
take them along for the ride
. Most people tend to stop at sentence-to-sentence or make only reactionary pivot turns.
Unprompted
turns utilizing multiple posts and real time gaps have great power. Splitting up posts, waiting a few minutes, then going further or in a different direction gives the appearance that you've finished a thought, but have been chewing on it more. Here, I chose to use the illusion that I'm just now catching up to further this as being spurred by quotes, but honestly? It tends to work better without them.

Let's dive into the first post where I immediately react to Spartan.
In post 735, Prism wrote:
In post 599, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 598, Prism wrote:Don't have time to really read today, prefer the Spartan vote to Enchant one. I'm probably not going to get more out of Frederick, safebet was top scumread but will wait on replacement. Might swap vote tomorrow, might keep it.
Can you explain your read of me compared to Enchant, why am I the better vote? Why do you think I am scum?

Why was Safebet your top scumread? Personally I he is a townread of mine I'm going to have to re-evaluate once he is replaced.
Hey, I'm really sorry I couldn't get to this yesterday.

Enchant and you are both kind of dart throw gut reads. Enchant was pretty comfortable at the start and his thought processes have mostly been fine in my book, the questioning floo in 150 is one example. esoteric was right that he was a bit fillery but in context I think he's just conversing, not really going out of his way. The worst thing he's done to me is put flow trap at E-2....which was fine.

With you I didn't like the explanation for the "I feel like there's at least 1 scum in these two" comment about Salsabil/flow trap. Your explanation seems to just suggest Salsabil town and flow trap scum-and flow trap wasn't even in your top reads and you were voting outside.

Declaring something as likely TvS is one of the few things I ask about immediately as a hard rule. It's not a superb tell, but it's great to force people to justify it immediately regardless. As scum it forces you to justify it rather than chain miselims/let the 1v1 continue without interdiction. As town I need to get you to drill down and pick which one is scum, or realize neither have to be, instead of leaning on one of the easiest bad assumptions to make in the game. You were my third vote choice so you'd be more of a compromise than my first choice, if that's what you're worried about.

For safebet, I know he's been replaced and will get to that in a bit, but I didn't like the clashing motivations he had early on and the read wall he gave. (Post links are my explanations). I never got explanations from him on any of these and now I never will.
First sentence in red is standard tonal distancing, friendly/ingratiating to give the nonpartner appearance.

Second paragraph, in blue, tackles the Enchant half of the preference statement. It's intentionally very weak to give the appearance of waffling. I had mostly caught up and known about Enchant but not completely at this point, I don't for sure know that he's getting voted out yet: So I want it to draw Enchant-Prism flags in the event I flip. Enchant ~probably~ flipping town soon means I can afford to be a bit lax in my justification for not voting him over Spartan without much concern. If you don't see why it's weak, it's really lacking in depth, very vague and extremely noncommittal. I'm ascribing vague attitudes like "comfortable at the start", which means nothing. "Thought processes have mostly been fine" is again noncommittal and with no depth despite the backlink. The defense around filler/the worst thing comments aren't
terrible
but like I said, this entire section is intentionally very super weak.

Next up it's time to go to bat against Spartan to complete justifying the preference order. This one is a delicate balance. I need to make this strong in case he flips, but I don't want to bus him. I need to give both of us room here: I want room to townread him, he wants to be able to answer with depth that makes us both look good without pushing me in turn. So I turn it into a fake teaching moment. His TvS statement
was
scum bread and butter, but I can play it off. The more nuanced part comes down to my lecture: I'm trying to give the appearance that me asking him about it was good for him, good for the town members in question, and me trying to encourage good play. This is just +town points for me while not putting any pressure on Spartan's alignment at all.

The final line, "You were my third vote choice so you'd be more of a compromise than my first choice, if that's what you're worried about", is again all tonal distancing. I have no reason to reassure a scum partner I'm not bussing him inthread over the PT: the endgoal here is to look like I am reassuring a town I'm on their side.

Finally, in white we have the beginnings of a dialogue on our reads. This gives me the important launch point I need: Shifting from Spartan as a potential waffle vote to someone I'm actively trying to team up with and mislead into misvoting.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1379 (isolation #251) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Prism »

Anyway my plan is to basically play video games and maybe try again on Wednesday

If there's a collated scum case for me to read (Baltar, consider making one on fire, tracking through I found it unconvincing) hmu
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1382 (isolation #252) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Prism »

...I don't disagree with the mech solution, but how did I dip off on solving? I literally spent yesterday tracking through multiple players, and 180'd on my biggest scumread. I threw in the towel at that point because God help me if I go back through again though, yeah.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1391 (isolation #253) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1386, Aristeia wrote:name one thing Prism has done that is town indicative
I'm not going to make a case for this other than to say the bar for you is literally "get a scumflip" and we will see if I somehow get one lmao

In the meantime picture this: I'm openwolfing, getting townread anyway, and there you are in the background, powerless to stop it.

At some point I should stop trolling but of any potential townflips mine is probably the least disastrous, scumflip would be ace though
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1395 (isolation #254) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Prism »

Aristeia let us say in a magical, magical fantasy land, I am given a town role PM. A world of vast possibilities, paradoxes, of cruel fates, humorous turns, and wonderful destinies.

Who should you perhaps be voting in that world?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1398 (isolation #255) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Prism »

My pool is basically {Baltar, Enchant, Cephrir, Dwlee} unless there is a very good reason to go elsewhere and I am probably still better than Ceph/Dwlee.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1401 (isolation #256) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Prism »

Either of those flipping town is straight speedrunning it straight to ELO and what makes Aristeia's reaction so funny is not just the hilarity of shared clownship, but that I literally have a single townread on me, everyone else scumleans me or is fencesitting and I am practically an inevitable flip.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1406 (isolation #257) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Prism »

I don't disagree (@Ari) but ~time reveals all~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1408 (isolation #258) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1403, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1397, fireisredsir wrote:i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
You can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
The pool is literally the people I am willing to eliminate, where 2 are better options IMO than the other 2.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1417 (isolation #259) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Prism »

Fuck it sure

VOTE: Baltar
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1419 (isolation #260) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Prism »

1413 is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda free but at this point I'm fine going between Baltar/me

Somewhere Aristeia runs in from the street screaming "THEY WANT YOU TO GO OUTSIDE IT'S A JEDI MIND TRICK"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1420 (isolation #261) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1413, Enchant wrote:Idk if Prism!Scum antagonises me in voting
I still cannot for the life of me understand why you would willingly invite votes and getting run up to E-1 as a doctor-like role.

Maybe I never will.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1441 (isolation #262) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Prism »

Aristeia I literally pointed out the 4 players inclined to vote me and the players sitting on the fence and instead of waiting to see what wagons might get driven while I sit on my vanity or wait to blitz somebody I've just thrown up my hands and said "Whatever probably just vote me lmao I don't fuckin know"

you need HELP
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1443 (isolation #263) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1440, Aristeia wrote:I mean something they can't easily duplicate as mafia
or disadvantages their win condition significantly.
there is absolutely zero in my ISO that has damaged a scum win condition, not one

There are WIFOM arguments galore and arguments that I can play like shit as scum too but 75%+ of the qualitative criticisms my slot literally don't exist if I just sit on someone and let town run themselves into the ground instead of openly trolling the gameday lmfao

get HELP
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1444 (isolation #264) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Prism »

Yes Aristeia

Instead of appealing to crucial swingvoters or driving a counterwagon I sit there and think what else I can do to get skitter, someone already townreading me, to townread me more, while inviting other slots to pile on.

That is absolutely priority #1
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1447 (isolation #265) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Prism »

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1448 (isolation #266) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Prism »

If you told me that after 5 years without a single elimination on me I would be borderline overjoyed at the prospect of it, I would have never believed you or thought it sealed mech autowin.

God bless Flavor Leaf.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1449 (isolation #267) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Prism »

Aristeia I want you to print out 1444 and paste it on your ceiling, literally the worst fucking take lmao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1451 (isolation #268) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Prism »

ZERO TOWN INDICATIVE

ALL OFF OF DAYPLAY

NO MECHANICS NECESSARY

NOTHING THAT WOULD DAMAGE A SCUM WINCON

I know I'm clowning you when I'm also playing like shit but unless you flip Mafia Novice Mailman we're in this together
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1453 (isolation #269) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Prism »

99% sure she keeps me around as scum instead of forcing the vote through FWIW
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1457 (isolation #270) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1454, Dwlee99 wrote:Wasn't I kinda the one that forced it through?
...Not really? The incentives for you/Aristeia are wildly different and she has not gotten punished for voting outside all day.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1458 (isolation #271) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Prism »

Aristeia is significantly safer and wins on the spot by leaving me.

You are not safe and have strong incentive to take the elim now.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1464 (isolation #272) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Prism »

That does not force Aristeia to vote me and shove me and kick and scream literally for one week straight. I don't see your point that you happened to vote me earlier.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1465 (isolation #273) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Prism »

Literally Aristeia is having the time of life fakemalding if she is scum and is in no rush to wave goodbye. She's not scum.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1470 (isolation #274) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Prism »

What the fuck was the point of 1455 then, Jesus dude
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1475 (isolation #275) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Prism »

1445*
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1477 (isolation #276) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1454, Dwlee99 wrote:Wasn't I kinda the one that forced it through?
Goddamnit yes this one I'm on my phone lmao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1481 (isolation #277) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Prism »

Dwlee, can you walk me through your read on my dayplay+worst case scenario argument again? It appears to be piggybacking off of my own suggestion that my flip is inevitable and better off sooner than later. Your posts here suggest that you believe it is not and you will be responsible for it if it happens.

P-Edit: Okay, well, she didn't feel forced before and it took an extended back and forth with me to get her to vote me. Wild.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1491 (isolation #278) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:28 am

Post by Prism »

I'm going to get flipped. Shut the fuck up and get out of the way for 10 seconds. Keep the vote, you're welcome for making you put it on in the first place.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1495 (isolation #279) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Prism »

awoo

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1497 (isolation #280) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Prism »

You want it and I'm okay with it. She'll vote me. Chill out.

I'm just memeing while I wait on Dwlee.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1498 (isolation #281) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Prism »

(Also she's right and you're wrong LMAO)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1500 (isolation #282) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Prism »

Oh no you don't lmao I am not halfway through clowning you and we probably get to do meme color commentary the rest of the game
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1503 (isolation #283) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1501, VP Baltar wrote:Prism, if we getting played here into an LOL1v1, who is scum you think?
Some combination of Enchant, Dwlee, Cephrir, skitter with an outside chance of fire or Datisi.

Really keeping it narrow, I know.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1504 (isolation #284) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Prism »

Skitter there is literally no talking sense into her.

Just hunt/interrogate other slots and vote me when it inevitably deadlocks from the fencesitters. Throwing away elim bad but some town will still think I am scum all the way to ELO and it'll happen in 7p/5p instead.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1507 (isolation #285) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Prism »

Again, I rest my case, going to take a literal notarized role PM from Flavor Leaf to get her to stop.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1511 (isolation #286) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Prism »

I have 3 votes, a fuckton of scumleans, but I kept skitter's townread on me. This is the end for the town, there is no hope left.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1512 (isolation #287) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Prism »

YES

HOLY FUCK DUDE YES CAN YOU COUNT

WHO BESIDES ME GOES THROUGH WITH THE VOCALIZED PREFERENCES

CAN YOU COUNT
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1514 (isolation #288) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Prism »

I'm just going to wait on Dwlee/Cephrir this girl is high
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1519 (isolation #289) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1513, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Prism if your plan is to die can we get some of this amazing scumhunting I'm told you're capable of first?
1. I am a scum specialist not a town specialist
2. I am trying, I have reread the game 2-3x, fought Aristeia in the street, fought skitter in the street. If you believe I wasn't trying vote me. Today I have not been as eager to trudge through again but fuck it I might if I feel like it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1522 (isolation #290) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Prism »

I think one of the most amazing parts of this is that the difference in my and Aristeia's reads is exactly my slot and nothing else
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1532 (isolation #291) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Prism »

I mean we can flip someone pretty soon but without Datisi yes it might be harder depending on Ceph/Enchant
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1535 (isolation #292) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm not promoting healthy behavior, you don't want to grow up to be like skitter, have a real job and basic self-care and friends.

No one will remember what you got on this test but we will all remember this clownshow in 5 years
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1538 (isolation #293) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm fucking dying is Datisi actually not going to vote Baltar over me

Aristeia is going to have an aneurysm and die on the floor of the liquor store
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1539 (isolation #294) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Prism »

actually not going to vote me/vote Baltar over me
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1540 (isolation #295) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Prism »

If we somehow walk out of this with a scumflip I am going to die of laughter
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1543 (isolation #296) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Aristeia where are you going with that can of gasoline? Aristeia why do you have a ticket to Croatia?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1549 (isolation #297) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Prism »

Okay with 1546 we have once again taken a turn for one of the darkest timelines
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1551 (isolation #298) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Prism »

1251 actually isn't one of fire's better posts so I can see Datisi's point.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1563 (isolation #299) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Prism »

She literally wants me than Baltar, not the reverse

FMPOV PoE says likely Baltar/Dwlee/Enchant/Ceph, realized skitter's read actually makes sense and is very clean in progression so I'm off that wagon
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1571 (isolation #300) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1566, Aristeia wrote:i mean my poe is literally just prism ceph vpb
I think Dwlee belongs in this~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1577 (isolation #301) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Prism »

1569 is a good post imo
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1578 (isolation #302) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Prism »

I know that's a "dark horse" but your top scumread are literally neither of those players
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1579 (isolation #303) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Prism »

top scumreads*, as in two
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1584 (isolation #304) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Prism »

I love how I sat here thinking Datisi will vote me and me/Aristeia will both be happy

And somehow he found a way to troll the everliving shit out of both of us simultaneously instead
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1585 (isolation #305) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Prism »

He even managed to give me false hope for a second
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1588 (isolation #306) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by Prism »

Alright Aristeia time to smack straight into the same error you made last time, whip out that Baltar vote baby
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1591 (isolation #307) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Prism »

I am down to flip either or both of my partners
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1596 (isolation #308) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Prism »

1593 is not a good timeline if you work back through it

Am on my phone so can't really track through it but I'd look at the pages before Baltar voted me
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1598 (isolation #309) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Concurring on 1595. If you think it's me/fire I assure you I would be blasting him for fencesitting so hard in the scum PT, and he's coachable enough to listen
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1604 (isolation #310) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1601, VP Baltar wrote:Cool, I'm scum ari. Let's lim prism and you can make more shouty noises tomorrow.
Ari is currently voting me
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1605 (isolation #311) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Prism »

I love that Ari still thinks this is a viable scumteam but one is enough for now there is hope for mankind in the air
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1611 (isolation #312) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Prism »

Don't look under your bed tonight LMAO
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1614 (isolation #313) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Prism »

This game is a straight up meme.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1617 (isolation #314) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Prism »

UNVOTE:

Aristeia how does this make you feel? Can you draw a picture?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1619 (isolation #315) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Prism »

Neither of you/Datisi are going to vote him right now, it's a joke. I'll probably revote him later.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1622 (isolation #316) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Prism »

Hope you're not referencing an ongoing there
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1624 (isolation #317) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Prism »

If he's at E-3 atm I am fine staying off if he's at E-2 hot dog let's throw it back on and hope Enchant random hammers
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1627 (isolation #318) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1626, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1617, Prism wrote:UNVOTE:

Aristeia how does this make you feel? Can you draw a picture?
you have to do better than that for me to label this a Reflective Stepback

I'm gonna nightkill you and 1v6 the rest of the table, with solely the power of my skitterpocket. You can no longer stop me, I have become too powerful.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1631 (isolation #319) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Good LMAO
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1633 (isolation #320) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Prism »

Like I can revote Baltar but with Datisi gone, you not wanting to vote, and everyone else away it literally did not matter, and it getting called out+forced back on is the most predictable shit in the world.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1635 (isolation #321) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Prism »

We were destined to clown
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1637 (isolation #322) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Prism »

Last time I went to Japan my partner got frustrated because I was arguing with some nerd on a mafia forum as we were hiking to the summit
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1638 (isolation #323) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Prism »

of Mt. Fuji
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1643 (isolation #324) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Prism »

...What happened when you finally reached the top and came back out onto Earth's surface?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1645 (isolation #325) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Prism »

skitter what can I do to make you feel better

would you like a wheelies montage? I bet you would like a wheelies montage

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1652 (isolation #326) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Prism »

I can't tell who is trolling who anymore but I'm down for it either way
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1655 (isolation #327) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by Prism »

I wish this couldn't get funnier but it could with the power of a MAFIA NOVICE MAILMAN reverse troll and I will mald, laugh, and be proud all at the same time
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1658 (isolation #328) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Prism »

All of the honors you bestowed upon me shall be gathered up and eagerly laid at your feet, The One True Scum Queen
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1659 (isolation #329) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by Prism »

I will also blame it on skitter, as she was the one who said it was TvT and I have no rational agency of my own
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1665 (isolation #330) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by Prism »

...And my reads, progressions, sprinting to get eliminated are also inscrutable? Or are they scum indicative?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1669 (isolation #331) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: Dwlee

Time to bus my other partner instead
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1675 (isolation #332) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Prism »

If it was in fact a bad reason and made no sense, yeah, probably.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1676 (isolation #333) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Prism »

That is the process of questioning and determining the legitimacy of reads when you are skeptical of them, you are correct.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1677 (isolation #334) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Prism »

Being more specific, if there's no qualitative reason about my play for you to vote me, and you didn't think the mech was very indicative, it doesn't really make sense to vote me over a scumread. You gave
In post 808, Dwlee99 wrote:I think Prism is mildly townie but I wouldn't mind flipping cause ascetic claim + scary + novice mailman
and that was really about it until the yolo vote. The yolo vote didn't surprise me, but not touching any of my content with a 10 ft pole does, and 1043 was not an accurate portrayal of my point.

You were eager to call my posting early and as the game went on and I started doing more and more that is blatantly suicidal as scum it got handwaived.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1681 (isolation #335) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1397, fireisredsir wrote:i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
You [Prism, not fire] can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
bruh

also this whole time I thought this post was referencing my pool+the vote on me not the fire pool in the quote welp
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1682 (isolation #336) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Prism »

Didn't edit out the [Prism, not fire] after realizing the second line lmao

Nobody hire me to revise their school papers
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1684 (isolation #337) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1394, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: prism

I think this is the best worst-case we can get here cause of the ascetic claim. Small brain simple thoughts.
In post 1398, Prism wrote:My pool is basically {Baltar, Enchant, Cephrir, Dwlee} unless there is a very good reason to go elsewhere and I am probably still better than Ceph/Dwlee.
I had just given a pool of four at the same time, and Dwlee had just voted me. I interpreted "you" as selling fire that it was a reason to vote me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1685 (isolation #338) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Works Cited:
In post 1408, Prism wrote:
You can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
The pool is literally the people I am willing to eliminate, where 2 are better options IMO than the other 2.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1689 (isolation #339) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Prism »

We really are massclaiming Day 1. Beautiful.

I know that's about Baltar but Datisi scum might be back on the menu, F. Will tackle the actual substance later.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1697 (isolation #340) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1688, skitter30 wrote:Bizarely this gives credence in my mind to scum-prism ...
I know this is not about my constant antagonism/outright trolling at times, but I want to make it clear that I am aware of how it comes off and the concerns it creates. I'm not really inclined to rein them in; if you think I don't know better as scum and doubt the read on that basis it is on you. Refuge in audacity is viable but I am very, very deft with my footwork and timing. I'm just having fun.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1698 (isolation #341) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Prism »

First thought is that I find it unlikely scum aren't in a neighborhood or have some adjacent role given the claims we've seen on the table BTW, eg. mailman
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1702 (isolation #342) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Prism »

Fair enough. Either way, my instinct is that it makes no sense for Shuichi to post that if this is a TvT cross so I'm going to go back on Baltar.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1708 (isolation #343) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Prism »

"Fair enough" was about the trolling dialogue, not the mechanical point. I realize my wording can be confusing.

Mechanically I'm pretty done with this game and I'm not going to jump through hoops spitballing why it
has
to be a town ascetic when it comes down to Flavor did not run the same setup again.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1711 (isolation #344) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Prism »

Pretty sure that Micro was literally the last micro Boon ran skimming through FL/Boon's threads. Absolutely reused it immediately.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1714 (isolation #345) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by Prism »

Also explains Datisi's page 45 soft to skitter. Described paranoia in PT is about what I'd expect from town-Datisi locked in a chamber with VP Baltar.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1718 (isolation #346) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Prism »

Even without knowledge of my role PM I think flipping alignments around is more likely, but OK.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1720 (isolation #347) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Prism »

Scum ?/Bunyip
Scum Goon Neighbor
Town Ascetic
Town Neighbor
Town Neighbor
Town Novice Mailman
Town ?/Bunyip
2x VT

requires only slight modification to be runnable, town too weak with just this
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1722 (isolation #348) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Prism »

It's saying Bunyip can be either
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1723 (isolation #349) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Prism »

bonus that making the ascetic scum in that actually makes it tilt even more to scum, already scumsided in that mockup
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1728 (isolation #350) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1726, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1723, Prism wrote:bonus that making the ascetic scum in that actually makes it tilt even more to scum, already scumsided in that mockup
ascetic scum is something for the mailman to catch

ascetic town is a red herring role designed to be mislimed.
and we're back to page 3, glad we had this talk
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1730 (isolation #351) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by Prism »

If I'm scum with exactly and only Baltar

and if I'm town Baltar is almost certainly scum by default

can we flip Baltar or are we going to do this shit for 3 more days
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1733 (isolation #352) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Prism »

We know it has some similar roles, and not the exact roles or necessarily the same distribution.

I am sure that we will convince each other in time. Absolutely.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1739 (isolation #353) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1735, Aristeia wrote:it is similar enough that the only role distribution that makes sense that keeps the same balance of the original setup is for the ascetic to be mafia.
I don't really have the will to fight this point with you anymore. I already showed town power is missing and it depends on what bunyip is. OK.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1743 (isolation #354) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Prism »

I can't concede as town so I am going to vote Baltar, say if I am scum with him to bus them, and look forward to getting chainflipped while I get spammed about how the mod didn't bother to change role alignments
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1744 (isolation #355) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1742, Dwlee99 wrote:If scum!prism takes weeks of prep for a scum game she probably knew about the previous setup let's be real
I know this is in my favor but there are limits even to my obsession.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1751 (isolation #356) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't think I'm ever going to forgive you for the "mod ran the same setup" argument. Dayplay laughable, mailman spec understandable. You've been and seen too much mod bullshit to ignore red herrings/player fuck-yous, and the only time that the moderator actually fucks with players or gives weirds alignment distributions is when they go full bastard and run essentially the same setup over. That is obviously within bounds.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1757 (isolation #357) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Prism »

is me flipping town ascetic going to mean baltar gets a townpass or are we actually stalling this out for a reason
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1763 (isolation #358) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Prism »

If/when Enchant is a scum Bunyip I am going to break every window of the nearest Cheddar's
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1773 (isolation #359) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Prism »

Spoiler: NEET jokes/some irl funfacts
It's generally a joke, though it is technically true right now as I am taking a break from employment before I go to law school in the fall.

I've been living in the quiet, very socially isolated countryside the last ~2 years, so I actually spend most of my time reading at a library/coffee shop, outdoors doing a varied mix of physical activity, or playing mafia. Back before the pandemic I lived on the coasts, was a full-time socialite who went to class rarely and turned in showed up to exams even less. Ah, college, the best 6 years of my life. Miracle someone decided to let me back in a classroom.

Am I a NEET right now? Honestly no clue. I haven't really had a chance to go out the last 2 years. Who knows how social I'll be in the fall? Maybe I'll revert, maybe I'll strike a balance, maybe I'll go full library basement dweller.

Something that might surprise people is that I'm virtually never serious, intense, or even show the slightest sign of intelligence irl. Mafia's really the only outlet for that; I'm normally just the shitposting moron you see here at times 24/7.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1778 (isolation #360) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1333, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1329, skitter30 wrote:Ari i said like four times i want to talk to you more abt why prism is scum >.>

Prism i dont really get where the sudden revelation came from, did you skip that post the first time? Why did it wipe away the badness of the first group of posts ...
I mean someone already linked to a
game that Boon modded in the past that is a Micro with a Town Bunyip and a Scum Ascetic and Boon in the postgame literally said he liked the setup
so I'm not sure how much more clear this needs to get for you.
In post 1336, Prism wrote:yes aristeia he ran the same fucking closed setup again lmao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1787 (isolation #361) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Prism »

actually a joke that anyone thinks it is exactly me/baltar but we press on
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1801 (isolation #362) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Prism »

Doing the champs stuff then going to bed

If we're chainflipping me and Baltar chainflip us and probably one scum but if both town We Live In A Society

Maybe I'll read in the morning
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1863 (isolation #363) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Prism »

I don't even want to troll anymore, just get us to postgame. The last spree of posting from 1839 on is a great amount of respect but uhhhhhhhh. I thought my faith in and ego around my own scumgame was nauseating and overinflated. Some of this is uncomfortable. Even in my wildest dreams I am just a person with a ton of chat mafia experience and not a borderline cosmic horror. I frequently joke about how I only have 2 completed scumgames in 4 years, "How good could I be?", but there is some truth to the statement. I do not have universe spanning psychic tendrils where only your mind remains untouched throughout the universe.

1855/1856 I am arguing that town is missing power no matter how you slice it, example is an investigative such as TA or PT cop, maybe something else on top depending on bunyip. I think the point that in the spitball blueprint scum/town ascetic doesn't actually change it to be more scumsided is fine, was thinking strictly in terms of town ascetic->scum ascetic being +scum in abstract. I am not trying to guess the setup, that is your rabbit hole.

I don't plan on engaging you on this point further. You're dying on this hill that FL reran the bulk of the setup again, the immediate next chance he got, with half the roles the same, because he said he liked it, okay. It is obvious to me that alignment swaparounds are very likely.

I don't really see the rest as worth responding to, sorry.

At the end of the day on my flip I am going to go outside and mostly forget about it except to chuckle in a day or two. Please take care of yourself and remember it is just a game.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1864 (isolation #364) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:56 am

Post by Prism »

I'm just going to spitball reads on slots/reread when I feel like it from here, though I do anticipate being less active than yesterday because I haven't touched my books and would like to do so.

If someone ever wants me to respond to s specific point from Aristeia I will consider it but I am not going to do so by default.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1866 (isolation #365) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Prism »

On the offchance anyone gets bored here's me playing miller back in ye olden days of 2017
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1873 (isolation #366) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Prism »

fireisredsir wrote:is it bad that im starting to feel like vp might be town

i think these may be bad feelings and i should resist them

any advice
Yes. Getting flipped here is borderline instantly losing as scum.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1876 (isolation #367) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Prism »

Free space tomorrow when I get flipped -> still need 2 elims w/ multiple
de facto
clears+any remaining townpower
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1880 (isolation #368) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Prism »

I mean yeah Aristeia is practically holding the game hostage because he doesn't trust that anyone else is capable of voting me

P-Edit: Baltar has to start being very argumentative, vocal, and emotional to dodge it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1884 (isolation #369) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Prism »

If this is skitter/Baltar and she's doing what I do of just boa constricting the game to 100% win instead of 98% win I am going to be depressed
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1886 (isolation #370) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Prism »

I remembered earlygame okay 1884 is not just unlikely but extremely unlikely
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1896 (isolation #371) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Prism »

I'm glad we can all get in a circle and agree that pollicying me on the offchance I spent all gameday playfully circling 5 meters from a black hole event horizon as scum seems like either the best play or a merely good one

catboi I made it
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1899 (isolation #372) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:34 am

Post by Prism »

I don't actually think a lim on me is even close to outright losing, but it is hilarious that I spent yesterday rubbing my hands together with gleeful anticipation only to become a victim of the intoxicating and corrupting power of hope

how the turn tables
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1907 (isolation #373) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Prism »

Pseudo-final reads

Town
======
skitter30
fireisred
Shuichi
Datisi
Dwlee
Enchant
VP Baltar
Aristeia
======
Scum & scum-adjacent

I'm actually going to head out and hopefully not check my phone 24/7. If I get bored after I get home in the evening/am still alive by then I'll reread Datisi and whip out the question bank.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1910 (isolation #374) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Prism »

i'm shitposting she is 99% town lmao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1912 (isolation #375) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Prism »

alright this is a pact

skitter/fire if i post again before 7p EST you vote me
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1983 (isolation #376) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Prism »

Dwlee providing zero reasoning and openly policyvoting out of fear continues to be a tilt-a-whirl move. Willing to vote VP Baltar if smarter minds want until the smarter minds want to.

Absolutely fucking disgusting play if town.
In post 1960, Aristeia wrote:they got destroyed by scum prism last game so they have a healthy respect for what prism can do unchecked
Very unchecked, truly you two are the vanguard preventing the walls from being overrun. I might have fun or towntell if you look away again.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1984 (isolation #377) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Prism »

I can say I have zero sympathy for or expectation otherwise for Datisi to see that the mech/same setup argument is a nightmare, and still somehow consider going on me because he spent 30 hours talking to a flailing Baltar and 0 on my ISO.

I am straight having a good time.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1986 (isolation #378) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1963, skitter30 wrote:My solve rn is dwlee/vpb
Essentially at same point, I do expect this level of play drom Dwlee having seen similar in Slaughter Hour/D&C

Differences are that they don't have any pet scumreads whatsoever, actual zero, when normally they draw a name from a hat and die on the hill giving one liners. The policying me angle is lazy and anti-competitive as fuck whereas normally they take some pride in guessing iirc
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1987 (isolation #379) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1985, Datisi wrote:i have said a while back that i do not care about mech arguments.
Read that post again, that was the point of my first sentence jfc
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1988 (isolation #380) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Prism »

this is what I want you to read or spend any amount of time on

viewtopic.php?p=13342364&user_select%5B ... #p13342364

I hope this is more explicit and helps
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1990 (isolation #381) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Prism »

It is noting the irony that you see that the mech speculation isn't something you should touch or try with a 10 ft pole, but haven't spent any significant time since the DMZ days reading my slot via dayplay, which is the remaining alternative method
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1993 (isolation #382) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Prism »

I guess there are other methods to consider. You can also get drunk, scatter some town/mafia labels around and spin until you vomit on one. You can take a skin sample from VP Baltar up to the university look around for evidence of lichen, moss, parasitic activity.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1996 (isolation #383) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1992, Dwlee99 wrote:We get it, you're better at mafia than me
I don't think the bar I am suggesting of basic effort is comparative.

If you really want to debate the comparative topic, yes. My scumplay is actually trying and not entirely dependent on sandbagging and zero efforting as town. Tragic.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1997 (isolation #384) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1994, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1992, Dwlee99 wrote:We get it, you're better at mafia than me
You had me feeling bad for you earlier this morning. My patience is quickly running out.

You go all out as either alignment and are not even close to comparable. The last several pages from you aren't a matter of better/worse than me, they're just being insufferable.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2001 (isolation #385) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Absolutely mindboggling that you can spend several real life days advocating policing me without any regard for my dayplay at all and have the gall to flop and cry foul when I tilt and castigate you for playing like shit and not trying.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2002 (isolation #386) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Prism »

I am happy for you if you consider Slaughter Hour a beacon of effort and good play. I will drop the subject and not litigate the past further.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2005 (isolation #387) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Prism »

When we are not actively playing, I don't give a shit about you. When you are trying, I make some effort to accommodate and cooperate and work together.

There is no grudge involved in this. I do not think highly of your play, correct. This is not a grudge and is in disgustingly bad faith.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2007 (isolation #388) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Prism »

It means I do not think highly of your play. It is nothing against you as a person.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2008 (isolation #389) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Prism »

I do not appreciate this. You are goading me into attacking you further and begging me to make it personal. It is about play. There is an immense lack of respect for your play. That is the sum and total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2011 (isolation #390) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Prism »

I wonder why I would be tilted by your play and very insulting after multiple calendar days advocating policying me without regard for my play.

I am not accusing you of breaking the rules and do not think the low-effort, propped-up style I described earlier is doing so.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2017 (isolation #391) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Prism »

"Sandbagging" implies more intent behind it. I do not think there is explicit intent; I think it is how the style shakes out over time. I think it is extremely common on-site and in mafia in general and do not think you are alone in it.

My issues with your play this game are numerous and my feelings about your play this game assuming you are town, and your style in general, is extremely strong. I do not give a shit outside of the game, and I would not have answered your query about NEET etc. if I despised you as a person.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2019 (isolation #392) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Prism »

I again do not think you are breaking any rules, or have in previous games. I do not think highly of your style. That is all.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2021 (isolation #393) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Prism »

I agree. 2017 is a clarification of how I tend to use it not lining up to the broader usage.

I cannot be more clear than in the above post.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2023 (isolation #394) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Prism »

Can I return to critiquing/evaluating your play now without it being held as an out-of-game grudge or allegations of rulebreaking?

I again cannot more emphatically deny the first and on the second will apologize for my use of the specific word "sandbagging", which comes with intent, instead of my more nuanced stance that I do not believe is either intentional or rulebreaking.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2024 (isolation #395) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Prism »

I curse like a sailor without any regard for friend/foe. I can make an effort to cut out the strength of this language, along with unusual descriptors of mine like "disgusting" [aesthetically], if it helps make you more comfortable, and apologize if this contributed to out-of-game grudge ideas. I again cannot emphasize more that I respect you as a person and that you are valued, and that my evaluation/holistic opinion of your play is entirely separate.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2028 (isolation #396) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Prism »

I am not going to weigh in on Enchant's style right now for the sake of some idea of fairness.

Please stop, Aristeia.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2033 (isolation #397) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Prism »

Aristeia, you have made your point that you think that my frustration is a scum-driven move. If does not help my tilt that Dwlee is voting me specifically and advocating to policy me specifically, yes.

Please stop.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2039 (isolation #398) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Prism »

I again really do apologize for that word choice. I do not think you throw games or try to. I have an extremely high-effort style that you do not share, and have my opinions about it and effects it create.

Sandbagging 100% implies intent and you are correct+in being upset about its usage. I am the one that needs to be mindful of its widespread usage and definition, not you of my own use of it as shorthand.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2041 (isolation #399) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2038, Dwlee99 wrote:I think there is a congruence issue between Prism suggesting we should policy her and not liking when I say we should policy her
I think this is valid, but I had a post earlier about my own shift in how much I cared that I might dig up later.

I also have always been skeptical of your intent in tagging along, particularly when you seemed to
not
find my vote inevitable.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”