Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

What is the fucking logical conclusion from that list do you think?

Also, I'm not even out here trying to hero solve. I only need one scum per day. Stop trying to have lawyery arguments about how prism is going to react or whatever. If she wants to come at me, that's her play to make. You trying to stir shit between me and her isn't a great look.

Pedit - @fire
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1057, fireisredsir wrote:when you do get back prism i wanna know more about what you think on vp and why he is such strong town to you. i see but would like more
I liked the initial spat with skitter, emphasis on catching awkward tone I found consistent across all of his posts. Back/forth about who was on the sidelines and who wasn't didn't really strike me because I thought it plausible Baltar took borderline offense to sideline accusation. Skitter had written a lot of words on me/Ari but it should have been obvious to anyone reading along that I was skeptical of her positioning the entire time and that a lot was reactive to that pressure.

I realized at some point while catching up w/ my last reads list that I really shouldn't townread that consistency with tone. At some point I decided I have no townreads and don't want to spend all game doing my best scared catboi impression so I picked something to believe in and it was Baltar town.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

vp i think you're not getting what im saying at all but that's fine ig
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1063, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1059, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 983, skitter30 wrote:He feels so off tho >.>

But fine

VOTE: dwlee

That's the third vote btw ^
On the other hand, this could have done the trick if I'm wrong about Dwlee, especially with Enchant in the game.
No?
I would have unvoted if it reached e1 with enchant in the game. And if i were trying to hasten the wagon i wouldnt havr counted the votes or announced the e1 ...

What exactly are you trying to imply here?
???????? The context of this vote is giving up on your Datisi vote and consolidating on Dwlee. I can see some argument about wanting to pressure but not wanting other votes but uhhhhhhhh, incredibly bizarre statement
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1067, Shuichi Saihara wrote:I'm in no hurry. There are several more players I want to investigate before I decide who I want to elim today, and I'm likely only going to do 0 or 1 more today.
I know we just addressed this a bit ago but I can't help making this joke. Kind of sorry kind of not.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Taking a break but TO BE CONTINUED
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1277, fireisredsir wrote:vp i think you're not getting what im saying at all but that's fine ig
I get what you're saying. I think you're trying to argue some hypothetical about what I SHOULD do, and I'm saying not only is the intention of what you're saying wrong (that i should blast you as obv prism scum buddy), but your facts don't even line up with the list I just posted.
YOUR AD HERE

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1265, Prism wrote:Second point I want more elaboration to why his on me doesn't make sense; I have my understanding of it but iirc your vote was spurred more by my swap to you than by my statements.
Seemed like a pedantic reason to scumread you, and like he waa nitpicking/overblowing small things to push u
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1278, Prism wrote:
In post 1063, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1059, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 983, skitter30 wrote:He feels so off tho >.>

But fine

VOTE: dwlee

That's the third vote btw ^
On the other hand, this could have done the trick if I'm wrong about Dwlee, especially with Enchant in the game.
No?
I would have unvoted if it reached e1 with enchant in the game. And if i were trying to hasten the wagon i wouldnt havr counted the votes or announced the e1 ...

What exactly are you trying to imply here?
???????? The context of this vote is giving up on your Datisi vote and consolidating on Dwlee. I can see some argument about wanting to pressure but not wanting other votes but uhhhhhhhh, incredibly bizarre statement
I read it as him saying i was hastening the dwlee wagon and creating a situation where it would be likely than enchant would hammer

It is possible i misunderstood the context
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm not even going to try to speculate if you were Enchant-baiting or not, I think the bolded is ???? bullshit to dodge the accusation. You were in the process of consolidating on something viable and that people were more interested in.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

This game is fun I like this
I prefer they, thanks :)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by Prism »

jesus fucking christ @ page 45 datisi

not down to vote him but jesus fucking christ
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

So we've got one shot combined vanilla cop + simple doctor, ascetic, and novice mailman. Anyone feeling like the bunyip could be a scum role? Just spit ballin no commit
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1284, Prism wrote:I'm not even going to try to speculate if you were Enchant-baiting or not, I think the bolded is ???? bullshit to dodge the accusation. You were in the process of consolidating on something viable and that people were more interested in.
That's not what i read what ceph was saying at the time. again i realized later i misunderstood it, but at the time that's what i thought. I wasnt 'bullshit dodging' anything
Show
Hiatus once more.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1287, Dwlee99 wrote:So we've got one shot combined vanilla cop + simple doctor, ascetic, and novice mailman. Anyone feeling like the bunyip could be a scum role? Just spit ballin no commit
Why would scum have a doc?
YOUR AD HERE

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

It's more about the vanilla cop but yea
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1172, Aristeia wrote:I have given my best effort to eliminate you.
I'm going to let this slide and bet on my earlier read being right, and I think this one is plausible, but I want to mark it down that this is the post that made me stop and seriously consider something like Ari/skitter.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by Prism »

I was told there was a reflective stepback in fire's skitter progression. This is that reflective stepback.
In post 1128, fireisredsir wrote:let's goooooo im less sold on skitter now too

VOTE: vp
In post 1217, fireisredsir wrote:actual answer is that
i was also feeling like skitter's response to the latest pressure was kinda towny
, and him voting you meant that it was possible to wagon you and see where that goes. i have been wanting to wagon you or skitter for a while now, i started with skitter but was happy going either way
In post 1221, fireisredsir wrote:bc i liked skitter wagon more until her response swayed me
I have liked most of the recent posting from the slot but the above progression+voteswap is not even remotely difficult to fake and free as long as he's in no personal danger.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1289, VP Baltar wrote:
Why would scum have a doc?
In post 1290, Dwlee99 wrote:yea
Alrighty
YOUR AD HERE

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Prism »

@Aristeia @skitter
Spoiler: THIS is a reflective stepback goddamnit
In post 1365, Prism wrote:So I spent some time thinking on this and I'm definitely wrong in at least one way, so thanks for that flow trap.
In [url=hhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12559049#p12559049]post 1338[/url], flow trap wrote:They start off with a town vote, but then they play "I don't want to seem suspicious" post which I believe is #77. However; I do find their explanation (351) to be completely valid as I have stated before town shouldn't go out of their way to seem suspicious which is fair as they were indeed going for that POV. Some solid posts between 77 and 351. Their next post (355) worries me; I believe it was brought up how Salsa was suspicious due to taking a joke seriously, I'm getting the same sort of vibe here. In post 348 they reinforce the "town shouldn't go out of their way to be suspicious" idea which I find town
So I agreed early on that the start was pretty town. Especially coming from a new/less experienced player, this type of mindset is really common. Honestly, there are two explanations I've thought of that kind of contradict. My working assumption that I've used to just kind of shove aside the start as secondary has been that floo is actually quite skilled/experienced and just faked it. Thinking more on it, while that's true, I think they definitely have shown they're still adapting to the forum format too. The careful posting, the disappearing for vast periods, etc. are much more typical during your first forum games. Now I think it's more likely that they do the same thing as town too and just assumed everyone else has the same fear. Chat players definitely are always concerned about their appearance like this: You realize pretty quickly as town that faking some appearance things brings more success than 100% honesty, as much as I always resented that. I think the post you quote next, 438, reinforces this. I think it's either town or NAI entirely rather than floo going out of their way to fake something common among new players.

I don't really want to NK spec N1 but I don't think Esoteric was really in danger of getting voted even w/ the Enchant flip. I think the only person really pushing that by the EoD was Spartan.
In [url=hhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12559049#p12559049]post 1338[/url], flow trap wrote:I found their push overall towny, it does have a few lows, however. Reading it back it is sounding mildly tunnely since they are talking about salsa 90% of their early posts, not that I find that suspicious.
The emotional push could go either way as Town determination or Mafia emotional shutdown.
I had to skim the latter half of their posts and nothing stood out.

Overall I still find floo town
I'm unclear if the bolded is about floo or Salsabil but my guess is the latter. My entire point is I don't think floo has given the former any chance of being correct at all. He pushed the emotions/dismissiveness as scummy, then actively tried to bait more of them to push on. I don't think they were scummy to begin with, but even if you think they are it's not clear at all what he expected Salsabil to do if she were town and those emotions legitimate. His mind was already made up. Replacement showing them real regardless of alignment did not phase him.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Finished.

Town
======
Aristeia
Datisi (please direct all questions on this read to Aristeia)
Dwlee99
fireisredsir
Baltar
Shuichi
Enchant
skitter30
======
Scum

Impressed with a few posts of fire's that I quoted above. Not really impressed with Baltar's resurgence or the questions. Tracking through the fireisredsir read dregs up 665 which is...not great on revisit. Entire progression on Fire dialoguing around 654 is questionable. 657 is right and I went out of my way to similarly correct Baltar. Re: Fire's point on Baltar around that time I see "too many people want X" from players to think it's inherently +scum but it's a bad point.

From here though it seems to be mostly a faith argument where Baltar views himself as trying to defuse me/Datisi, whereas my/fire's concern was he didn't read into it. Not really seeing why fireisredsir is a strong scumread beyond the initial post. Echoes of my concerns with mostly sidelining all game only to say "but outside strong voices?" in 844.

My vote is fine where it is IMO. We can leash him to a VT if we want but I don't think the claim is itself +town, modmeta is "Anything goes!" atm. Don't see why he trolls with that role either, obviously best left hidden but was practically daring me to vote him and softed vig. Borderline trolling to invite votes on a doctor, and while Enchant is troll-ish he's not actually a troll.

Aristeia continues to let skitter get away with murder in interacting with us, she didn't at all think me/Datisi was notable iirc until I voted her and I don't recall her ever actually digging into those interactions, and I found 1063's "I would have unvoted if E-1!" very unlikely.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 702, skitter30 wrote:
In post 693, Datisi wrote:your treatment of my slot is giving me bad vibes and this lowkey feels like chaining skitter > datisi and i don't like it
Uh how are you reading me again?
In post 705, skitter30 wrote:I dont really get dats' prism vote tbh
In post 877, skitter30 wrote:I like
I do not like
Not entirely true actually, hm.

Just more passive
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ok prism
I don't even know what you scumread me for anymore
Show
Hiatus once more.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by Prism »

same tbh
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Prism »

Now that you've hopefully malded over that for a second, combination of earlygame interactions and not liking any distinct progression.

You are exactly right about the circumstances surrounding my tilt being town. Your refereeing of me/Aristeia was deeply questionable and I don't buy the argument that you play into it. This is not your first rodeo with us, we need no help ripping each other limb by limb indefinitely.

Simultaneously, you seem to not understand my scumread on you at all and have not revisited my slot at all. You ignore a player with more familiarity with my scumgame that you deeply respect screaming at you from the rooftop that I faketilt and do counterintuitive shit all the time with ease.

Aristeia will have an alcoholic break when I flip town and I will have an alcoholic break if you flip town. It's the garbage play ~circle of life~

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”