MICRO 172: DRAGON BALL Z [TOWN WIN]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri May 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

/confirm
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Sat May 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Hey folks. So we've not officially started?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Sun May 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

If I told you that OMGUS is a null tell, does that change anything?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 59, thenewearth wrote:If I told you that was sarcasm and was a joke, does that stop you from commenting?

Also. It depends on how the OMGUS was done. There are some OMGUS that are scummy, fyi. >.>
Well, yes; you do have to look at the motivation, but most OMGUS in my experience are from frustrated town that just wanna throttle the player who said something so stupid they want them to crawl into a hole.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 66, Bacde wrote:VOTE: pope

hey guys lets lynch pope he literally doesn't know how to react to my pressure and is doing a really bad townie impression to save himself
Is this serious, because it seems like you're reaching to me.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Something about me. I hate reaction tests. I've seen at least one reaction test go horribly wrong. So I'm not a fan of Bache's idea of voting TIP due to a reaction test. That said, that lends a pretty strong town tell to me; scum usually doesn't reaction test.

Although PimHel has a point, the above seems to suspect someone without acutally voting them. Waffling is definitely scummy.

Vote:Pope.

This puts him at 3 votes, which is L-2. No one else jump on. I will take that as a scum claim.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 80, TheIrishPope wrote:Where do you come up with such stupidity? Why would you vote for me, if not to get me lynched? Why would you announce your early suspicion of anyone who voted for me?
Let me break this down slowly for you.

I...do not want a Day 1 lynch five pages in. L-2 would mean both scum would have to jump on to hammer. That's going to be pretty easy to detect them. If someone voted after me, it'd put you at L-1, which even if you are scum, your partner could hammer and end the day. That's why I mentioned no more votes on you. We're on Page 5. We don't have enough information to lynch anyone yet. I only have an accusation of waffling, and now this rather incoherent defense of things you should already sorta know about.

Do you want to get lynched sooner? The reaction of 'well, you're voting me but you don't want me lynched now' is not town.

PimHel's right; you are being extremely dissonant with accusing Bacde and then RVS.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 82, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 81, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 80, TheIrishPope wrote:Where do you come up with such stupidity? Why would you vote for me, if not to get me lynched? Why would you announce your early suspicion of anyone who voted for me?
Let me break this down slowly for you.

I...do not want a Day 1 lynch five pages in. L-2 would mean
both scum
would have to jump on to hammer. That's going to be pretty easy to detect them. If someone voted after me, it'd put you at L-1, which even if you are scum, your partner could hammer and end the day. That's why I mentioned no more votes on you. We're on Page 5. We don't have enough information to lynch anyone yet. I only have an accusation of waffling, and now this rather incoherent defense of things you should already sorta know about.

Do you want to get lynched sooner? The reaction of 'well, you're voting me but you don't want me lynched now' is not town.

PimHel's right; you are being extremely dissonant with accusing Bacde and then RVS.
Nowhere does it say there are two scum in the game.
VOTE: Ghostlin
Generally, in a nine person game, and most newbie games, there are two Mafia. I presume that even with the theme, the roles are more or less going to be normalized.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Like, I could posit a guess that generally one of the following are generally in play in a 9 player game:

2 Mafia:
Godfather, Goon
Goon, Roleblocker

p-edit: Yes, there might be a Cult. There might be a lone SK wanting to kill Town. Odds are both of these are LESS likely to happen, and I tend to not conjecture on the nature of Cults because they don't show up in 99.5% of games I've ever played. Ditto lone SK's.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: I'd even say the likelihood of a Cult is probably hanging around .1%, even in this mini. Mods hate them, and players hate them even more.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 88, TheIrishPope wrote:Chance doesn't matter, it's all up to chkflip's ideas. You can't talk about probability and predictability in a deterministic world. How do you even get a 0.1% rate? Do you have a magic calculator?
General dislike of the meta towards Cults, the discussions that Mafia Discussion had about Cults not being remotely balanced, the fact I've played at least one chk game before and he's never ever used a Cult that I've ever seen
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #11) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Now, if you link me to a chk game, particularly a mini, where he used a Cult or a single SK as the antagonist, I would gladly redact my assumption of two scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 91, TheIrishPope wrote:Meta doesn't apply here... Chkflip wouldn't be hated for making a cult game since you know this is a closed setup. Should have been more cautious if you didn't want to be in a game like this. Chk can change his mind anytime he wants...
It's simple, bro: You are using logical fallacies to dissipate your major scumslip, which you will obviously continue to defend. It won't work. We're on to you.
I don't even care if I get NKed :P
(PEdit Pro-tip: redact is not the same as
retract
)
You are essentially arguing, and this is just a recap: that I'm scum slipping for saying there are two mafia because the other two possibilities which include a Lone SK and Cult, both of which, particularly the cult, generally do not jive with the site meta and kinda go against the theme of the game. (Last I checked, and I admit I'm not a DBZ fan, you generally take out the Big Bad and any flunkies we have with martial arts and all of you are space aliens. Yes, I have seen the show.)

This accusation of scum slip comes immediately after your cognitive dissonance of finding Bacde suspicious but not voting for him and continuing with RQS.

Now, am I 100% right with my assumption? I can't say that, and I'd love to be surprised. But I find most setups very unlikely.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #13) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Most other setups to be very unlikely, that should read.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #14) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 95, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 93, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 91, TheIrishPope wrote:Meta doesn't apply here... Chkflip wouldn't be hated for making a cult game since you know this is a closed setup. Should have been more cautious if you didn't want to be in a game like this. Chk can change his mind anytime he wants...
It's simple, bro: You are using logical fallacies to dissipate your major scumslip, which you will obviously continue to defend. It won't work. We're on to you.
I don't even care if I get NKed :P
(PEdit Pro-tip: redact is not the same as
retract
)
You are essentially arguing, and this is just a recap: that I'm scum slipping for saying there are two mafia because the other two possibilities which include a Lone SK and Cult, both of which, particularly the cult, generally do not jive with the site meta and kinda go against the theme of the game. (Last I checked, and I admit I'm not a DBZ fan, you generally take out the Big Bad and any flunkies we have with martial arts
and all of you are space aliens.
Yes, I have seen the show.)

This accusation of scum slip comes immediately after your cognitive dissonance of finding Bacde suspicious but not voting for him and continuing with RQS.

Now, am I 100% right with my assumption? I can't say that, and I'd love to be surprised. But I find most setups very unlikely.
Implying you are not a space alien is not beneficial for you.
I am not in RQS. I am positive you are scum. I am voting for you because Bacde is incompetent. You spoke as if you were 100% sure on what you said, so it's easy to refuse anything after you have done it...
Oh, Jesus Christ. Let me rephrase: EVERYONE ON THE GODDAMN SHOW IS EITHER SOME SORT OF ALIEN, OR HALF ALIEN, OR IS MARRIED TO, BEST FRIENDS WITH, OR WAS BUILT BY ALIENS.

Is there anything I missed?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #15) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Ghostlin »

OK. Let me break this down for you. Did you, or did you not accuse Bacde of being suspicious during a RQS/RVS phase and then randomly voted for Sword of Omens before you caught my "scum slip"? Yes or no?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #16) » Tue May 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Where's DP and Hamlet. Between me and TIP's argument, we should be getting more comments from that area towards it, and honestly, hydras are known in my mind not to go unnoticed.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #17) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 112, DoctorPepper wrote:On Ghostlin's part however, there was the fact that he mentioned that both scum would need to jump for the lynch thus outing them but a) (alady stated) quickhammer gains automatic suspicion, so scum dont do it this early in the game, thats dumb. b) the statement itself discounts the fact scum could already be on the wagon itself, so the assumption is there again. In my opinion, thats more suspicious than the other so called slip. Also there is this whole "I dont like reaction tests spiel" when a) he says its town, again discounting the fact that scum could reaction test to get town cred and b) puts a vote on pope which in itslf can be seen as a test to see if scum would jump on it.
This entire paragraph is laid with WIFOM on things I said. Of course scum couldn't both quick hammer if one exists on the wagon. The -point- of that it it's easy for someone to bring to L-1 and have both scum and town 'accidently' (usually accidental in town) quick hammer. In order for a L-2 quick hammer, two people would have to jump on. I presume that'd be scum besides town because, as I mentioned before, there's really no protown reason to want a lynch now, which is why I don't want L-1, the other reason being scum self-hammer. (Yes. Town self-hammers. I know this.) We aren't done with today yet by a long shot. Self hammer, quick hammer would lose any information we can get from the day.

Onto the reaction test: reaction testing is, in and of itself, sticking your neck out. Yes, scum could do it, but they like to hide as a townie, in my
experience. I don't like reaction testing because it's too simple to lead to town mis-lynches. I remember a game where we lynched someone over a messaging power one of the players had. This is in my personal experience. Is it WIFOM? Yeah, probably, but setting up the predicate that it's contradictory is a mis rep.

My vote for Pope has absolutely zero with a reaction test. I explained my vote on Pope in #78 and #81. I don't like how he's reacted, BUT I don't cast votes just for the purpose to see how people react to them.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #18) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 69, TheIrishPope wrote:Hmmm... Bacde is pretty fishy, but whatevs.
VOTE: sword_of_omens
For criticizing our awesomeness
This post is why I'm voting you.

You say someone is suspicious and vote someone else.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #19) » Wed May 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

It's essentially saying "I have a suspicion, but I won't vote it, I'm going to give a random vote instead on someone else."
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #20) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 135, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 129, Ghostlin wrote:It's essentially saying "I have a suspicion, but I won't vote it, I'm going to give a random vote instead on someone else."
If I am suspicious of someone, it does NOT follow that I must vote for that person.

Guys, where are them reads :(
Um, yeah, it kinda does, that's kind of what a vote is for. You're hedging your bets. I don't like that. And if you voted for the first person you found suspicious, you could of gotten more information out of them. While I don't like reaction testing (not my play style, and it catches more town than not), I'm not against interrogating the fuck out of someone you're voting.
DoctorPepper wrote:Ghostlin, isnt the fact that reaction tests are town tells to a lot of players (including you) incentive enough to go with them even if it means sticking your head out as scum?
Alright. Here comes the poison pill of WIFOM. What I should of said is Bacde's reaction test, in my experience, is performed more often by town slot than a scum slot. Scum usually don't like pulling off such things because it draws a lot of questions and suspicions to the slot. (Read page 2 and 3 for a good example of this.) Yes, scum can certainly do it, but they usually don't--there's a number of ways to prove towniliness than gullotine yourself to a reaction test. And while it seems town, certain folks look at you like you've wasted your time.

This is page six, so I don't have a lot of scum reads, but I do have the following: I don't like TIP due to his waffling, and being non committal at this time. Hamlet's kind of wigging me out because hydras are usually a little more active with a bit more substance.

Bacde's reaction test is a town tell for me, but bluntly, not strong enough that I'd bet one million dollars on it or anything.

I'm meh about DP's posts. He seems to be holding really close to the vest and seeming to not being able to make up his mind if Bacde, myself, or TIP are scum--it's a little early however to accuse him of scummy fence sitting. He's a null.

Most everyone else is a null atm.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #21) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 147, TheIrishPope wrote:I am non committal? What did you smoke? Can I have some?
Yes, you are noncommittal any time you don't have the balls to vote for a 'suspicion', and then OMGUS someone else.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #22) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Because that is a heavily edited version of what I actually posted. I will emphasize the reason for voting him in italics.
In post 78, Ghostlin wrote:Something about me. I hate reaction tests. I've seen at least one reaction test go horribly wrong. So I'm not a fan of Bache's idea of voting TIP due to a reaction test. That said, that lends a pretty strong town tell to me; scum usually doesn't reaction test.

Although PimHel has a point, the above seems to suspect someone without acutally voting them. Waffling is definitely scummy.

This puts him at 3 votes, which is L-2. No one else jump on. I will take that as a scum claim.
I didn't want anyone at L-1 at page 4 due to self voting or quickhammer. He even owns that's exactly what he did later. I asked him if he suspected someone and then voted for someone else. He said he did. He then asked me why I voted for him (even though I mentioned it more than three times!)
In post 129, Ghostlin wrote:It's essentially saying "I have a suspicion, but I won't vote it, I'm going to give a random vote instead on someone else."
In post 128, Ghostlin wrote:

He's edited out important stuff of the posts, and can't be arsed to read to actually understand the case on him.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #23) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Because that is a heavily edited version of what I actually posted. I will emphasize the reason for voting him in italics.
In post 78, Ghostlin wrote:Something about me. I hate reaction tests. I've seen at least one reaction test go horribly wrong. So I'm not a fan of Bache's idea of voting TIP due to a reaction test. That said, that lends a pretty strong town tell to me; scum usually doesn't reaction test.

I didn't want anyone at L-1 at page 4 due to self voting or quickhammer. He even owns that's exactly what he did later. I asked him if he suspected someone and then voted for someone else. He said he did. He then asked me why I voted for him (even though I mentioned it more than three times!)
In post 128, Ghostlin wrote:

He's edited out important stuff of the posts, and can't be arsed to read to actually understand the case on him.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #24) » Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

I want to discuss these point of TIP's 'case' on me.
In post 127, TheIrishPope wrote:Well, I believe Ghostlin is scum for the following reasons:
1. He makes assumptions on key components of the game. Such assumptions are detrimental and only hurt the eyes of Town.
2. Gut feeling.
3. His stance on reaction tests was not asked by anyone...
4. ISO 5 seemed suspicious because it made no goddamned sense and ISO 16 just calls for backup, trying to get everyone suspicious of me, apparently.
5. Dat bandwagoning on Bacde who gave no reasons.
1. People do that all the time, if I'm wrong, that means I'm STUPID, not scummy. He's not even making the argument that I know the setup, hence I'm scummy, he's making the argument that I made an assumption that may or may not be correct. This is where I get his vibe of an OMGUS vote from.
2. Cute. I can't argue with this.
3. ...and yet were in an important part of Bacde voting for you, so I included that to explain that my reasons for being on your wagon weren't Bacde's.
4. ISO 5 was to prevent L-1 so you didn't self hammer or so no one else could help you. ISO 16 was to note the lurkers of Town and get their input. They weren't under any compunction to side with me. ISO 5 is a null tell for me at best, and so is ISO 16.
5. I've given my reasons four times now. Which...my reasons are still somewhat valid. Yours, on the other hand...
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #25) » Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 158, TheIrishPope wrote:D-d-d-d-d-d-double post

No one would quickhammer because they know it would look scummy SUSPICION =/= YOU HAVE TO VOTE. Show me the rule. I don't understand why you center on that, and WHY IT IS SCUMMY IN ANY WAY.
Because at the beginning of the damn game, your own vote is the only shit you've got to nail that down. It's scummy not to use that to out your suspicion and then throw it away on something else, as if your suspicion didn't matter.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #26) » Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Ghostlin »

The easiest way for us to gauge Sword being busy or not is he can do one of two things:

1) Post something of substance when he says he will

2) Realize that even a Micro is a bit much and replace out.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #27) » Fri May 10, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 163, TheIrishPope wrote:It all started when Bacde voted for me. It was a "serious vote". Ghostlin also voted for me with the post up there. I found it weird, so I questioned him. He assumed there were two scum in the game, so I voted for him. And from then on, wild accusations. I'm right, though.
Right. You're also ignoring the fact that PimHel also voted for you, I voted for you for different reasons than Bacde did, and you RVSed someone while suspecting someone else, which is why I voted for you, because it's damn suspicious anytime someone goes 'I'm suspicious of Player A', and you do a vote on someone else, particularly for RVS reasons. And yes, there's no rule about it, but it seems damn fishy.

On the other foot, you've voted for me...because I conjectured a single fact of the setup? Your 127 doesn't even follow any logical reason for voting me; you call me out because my assumption is anti-town. Again, that might not make me scum, it might mean I'm stupid.

(On three person scum team; I guess it's possible, but town would lose a vital mislynch in that setup. Game would start 6-3, go to 5-3 if you didn't lynch scum, go to 4-3 if the NK succeeds, then end at 3-3 if town mislynches again. Lylo would start beginning of Day 2 instead of Day 3. It's possible, but it seems a little cruel, considering Day 1 is where you make your mistakes.)

[sarcasm]I like how you seem to be editing things to make sure your version of events are the ones that are carried forward. That's twice you've forgotten a signfanct part of the fact-telling. Because that's not scummy at all. [/sarcasm]

Back on Sword for a minute: I want to see his catch up post. If he tries to prod dodge again, he'll be a likely candidate.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #28) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 126, Hamlet wrote:Pope: you've been pretty adamant about this whole "slip" ordeal, and now it looks as if you're only trying to put more suspicion on Ghostlin after the idea had been dismissed.
It's almost as if you want him lynched regardless of what he does.

@Ghostlin: Speculation of the setup isn't going to get us anywhere, and as far as the "quick hammering" thing goes, Bel is right. That's damn near suicidal to do as scum.

Pope, if you will, please summarize why you think Ghostlin is scum
Ghostlin, please explain why your vote on Pope isn't OMGUS.

--Fuzz
In post 187, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 186, DoctorPepper wrote: Pope, PimHel also voted for you and jumped the potential bw, why is Ghost scummier?
Ghost is scummier because he specifically asked everyone to not vote for me. It seems counterintuitive.
That's mostly because I didn't want you at L-1 at Page 5 so you wouldn't be hammered or self-hammer as scum.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here. This is the ONLY reason I can get out of you that you suspect me, and it's bullshit. I've debunked this and the others as well.

Off topic: what do you feel about Hamlet?

To answer someone about DP, something's wrong and I've not determined what yet. I liked #186 until I found this tidbit:
DoctorPepper wrote:1) how is it that I already have in mind that one of them will be lynched when I havent voted for either of them. So theyre saying one of the other is scum, I don't see anything wrong with me looking at who is scummier from either of them.
It's a bit early, but this seems to be setting up cognitive dissonance of what's known as a 1v1: Ghostlin and TIP are accusing each other of being scum, ergo one of them must be the separate alignment of the other. From
his
perspective, he has no way of knowing this.

I'm getting scum vibes off of Hamlet. However, I want TIP's answer first.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #29) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 189, thenewearth wrote:I actually do have a reason to vote for Ghostlin.
What's the reason? No, seriously, your last two posts are void of any sort of reasoning for your vote, or who you find scummy.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #30) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 192, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 126, Hamlet wrote:Pope: you've been pretty adamant about this whole "slip" ordeal, and now it looks as if you're only trying to put more suspicion on Ghostlin after the idea had been dismissed.
It's almost as if you want him lynched regardless of what he does.

@Ghostlin: Speculation of the setup isn't going to get us anywhere, and as far as the "quick hammering" thing goes, Bel is right. That's damn near suicidal to do as scum.

Pope, if you will, please summarize why you think Ghostlin is scum
Ghostlin, please explain why your vote on Pope isn't OMGUS.

--Fuzz
In post 187, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 186, DoctorPepper wrote: Pope, PimHel also voted for you and jumped the potential bw, why is Ghost scummier?
Ghost is scummier because he specifically asked everyone to not vote for me. It seems counterintuitive.
That's mostly because I didn't want you at L-1 at Page 5 so you wouldn't be hammered or self-hammer as scum.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here. This is the ONLY reason I can get out of you that you suspect me, and it's bullshit. I've debunked this and the others as well.

Off topic: what do you feel about Hamlet?

To answer someone about DP, something's wrong and I've not determined what yet. I liked #186 until I found this tidbit:
DoctorPepper wrote:1) how is it that I already have in mind that one of them will be lynched when I havent voted for either of them. So theyre saying one of the other is scum, I don't see anything wrong with me looking at who is scummier from either of them.
It's a bit early, but this seems to be setting up cognitive dissonance of what's known as a 1v1: Ghostlin and TIP are accusing each other of being scum, ergo one of them must be the separate alignment of the other. From
his
perspective, he has no way of knowing this.

I'm getting scum vibes off of Hamlet. However, I want TIP's answer first.
Whoops. Ignore #126 on there, I was going to say something about Hamlet, then decided to ask TIP first.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #31) » Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Both heads are soft buddying you, TIP, that's what I don't like about him. Bel's #174 is a distant defense of your play style eariler, Fuzzy's #183 reads you 'more town than scum'. He's also declined to make a hard read of anyone all game.

Unvote.

Vote: Hamlet
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #32) » Sat May 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 200, thenewearth wrote:I already said why

I can add how you don't like people putting other's in L-2 and will call anyone a scum if they put him in L-1.
Why'd you vote him at all in the first place? Add in that Your theory is flawed. That 1 or 2 (or maybe even 3) May have already been the wagon. Heck, you're also in the wagon. Stating that putting irish at L-1 makes it a scumtell can mean that you're setting somebody else up.
In post 90, Ghostlin wrote:Now, if you link me to a chk game, particularly a mini, where he used a Cult or a single SK as the antagonist, I would gladly redact my assumption of two scum.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=26302

I Like how you ignore my vote and How you get "curious" when someone else pointed it out
You know? I'm not even going to answer this case. This is retread of Irish's case and I had a rant post dripping with how stupid you are in answer to this. We've already discussed this for three pages. I'm not going back to. You want to vote me over it, fine, but I find it exquisitely thick you're even using the number of scum as the same argument in one of your posts when you assumed the exact same thing.

I have actual scumhunting to do rather than defend something I did Day 1, have done in the past regardless of alignment, and actually isn't scummy. I thought you'd have, you know, new stuff except 'tee-hee, Ghost is scum because of the comment he made at L-2'.

Give me a fucking break.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #33) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 213, TheIrishPope wrote:I don't see what's wrong with asking for reads but abstaining from giving mine. I have the right to remain silent :P
NO. YOU ONLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT IF WE GET TO LYNCH YOU FOR IT.

You don't get to flake on your reads if we ask you them unless you want to get lynched.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #34) » Sun May 12, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Ghostlin »

213 is probably the most offensive thing to scum hunting I've ever read. The only reason my vote's not fucking parked back on TIP...wait, wait...there really is no fucking reasoning.

Unvote.

Vote: TIP
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #35) » Sun May 12, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 223, fferyllt wrote:I'm not voting you right now because as terrible as that comment was, I can't imagine it getting past a scum player's self-censoring process.
You've never played with Vezok, have you? I caught him once by a blantant chainsaw.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #36) » Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 227, TheIrishPope wrote:So you're using another person's play to justify your vote on me...
Classy.
No, I'm saying there's no such thing as doing something too stupid to be scum. The fact that Vezok was the example I had flipping on hand and the fact I don't know you real well yet means that if you're going to be blantant obvscum in thread and go 'just kidding!', you shouldn't be stunned when I cast a vote on you.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #37) » Sun May 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 240, thenewearth wrote:UNVOTE:

Why do I always react like this to those kinds of things >.>

VOTE: Ghostlin

I'm going back to this
TNE, think for a minute. He taunts you with L-1, what's preventing ME or any other player giving you a random threat?

Jesus Christ.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #38) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I disagree with Ff's 252 because it opens up a huge pot of WIFOM and 'too dumb for scum.' This isn't a scum read, she reads pretty much town, but the arguments are off.

TNE's overcaution...I don't know if she's nervous or scum. There's no reason to flip-flop on wagons if chk included a vengeful townie and only scum would be afraid of it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #39) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Also, TIP's setting up that WIFOM so that's still pretty damn scummy.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #40) » Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 255, Hamlet wrote:
In post 253, Ghostlin wrote:There's no reason to flip-flop on wagons if chk included a vengeful townie and only scum would be afraid of it.
What? A bad call from a venge could wipe out a town PR. Everyone should be concerned about that.

-B
True, but it still doesn't eliminate the WIFOM that exists. There's really no reason to believe TIP is a Venge, and if you want to talk about gambits to get off people's wagons, that'd be a clever one for a scum to set up.

You don't cast votes on what you THINK might happen if a person has a certain PR, you cast votes on what a person DOES during the game.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #41) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Bacde, then how would you explain this?
In post 238, TheIrishPope wrote:It's alright to vote for me. If I get to L-1 then some shit may happen...
Remember this is a closed setup...

It's alright to vote for me. If I get to L-1 then some shit may happen...Remember this is a closed setup...
Not many powerroles WORK at L-1 that I'm aware. I misunderstood L-1 for hammered, but still, he's softclaiming something happens when he's at L-1
specifically

That's where my assumption came in.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #42) » Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

DP, I don't know how to read you, but maybe you should replace out if this is just too much. Although, fair warning, there are more intense games out there, and games where losing will just be a proposition of playing, regardless of alignment. (I could tell you a story, but it's ongoing.)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #43) » Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 300, TheIrishPope wrote:Man that video was amazing. Poor Virginia/Vagina/Banana.
In any case, I find it unfathomable that you defend your scum partner Bacde so gleefully. Better watch your words, Majin Buu.

Man that video was amazing. Poor Virginia/Vagina/Banana.In any case, I find it unfathomable that you defend your scum partner Bacde so gleefully. Better watch your words, Majin Buu.
Wasn't I your only scum read not that long ago, Pope?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #44) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 304, Bacde wrote:I'm cool with lynching the Irish pope but no one seems to think that Ghostlin assuming there is a vengeful is scummy when in fact its a big deal and very scummy:
In post 270, Ghostlin wrote:Bacde, then how would you explain this?
In post 238, TheIrishPope wrote:It's alright to vote for me. If I get to L-1 then some shit may happen...
Remember this is a closed setup...

It's alright to vote for me. If I get to L-1 then some shit may happen...Remember this is a closed setup...
Not many powerroles WORK at L-1 that I'm aware. I misunderstood L-1 for hammered, but still, he's softclaiming something happens when he's at L-1
specifically

That's where my assumption came in.
I had assumed he meant he would claim his role, and to be honest, I had assumed he was crumbing a protective role. Why did you think he would be a vengeful townie? Thats a very specific and not very common power role and I'm having a hard time believing that you would have just randomly assumed him to be a vengeful townie.
"If I get to L-1 then some shit may happen..." Says no one about their pending claim
EVER.
Bacde, there's no way anyone who just had a claim would say this. Granted, I jumped to a possibly faulty conclusion (thinking if he'd talk about his hammer, as I mentioned before) but even a town PR claim in this game would be fair from the drama in the quote. So I assumed something dramatic was being threatened to being happen. So far...it's not even worth the price of admission.

Secondly, you still vote for someone on what they did, not what roles they had. I've not jumped off of TIP's wagon due to the possible 'shit that may happen', even though if the shit's bad and nasty, I'll probably get caught in the fallout. That's how much I think TIP's bluffing scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #45) » Wed May 15, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 309, Bacde wrote:L-1 is WAY different than a hammer, I would never see someone be like "At L-1 shit is going down" and think to myself "vengeful?"
I already explained I mis thought (misread?) it as 'hammer', not 'L-1'.

Here's my problem with it.

1) You guys have already
lambasted
me back and forth for my earlier posting about not wanting to take the vote to L-1. TIP hypocritically uses the same crap and now you want to argue terms with me? It kind of pisses me off that he's getting a pass for softclaiming something will happen at L-1 when I didn't want someone to quickhammer or him self-hammering. Like I'm three shades away of calling you all fucking stupid.

2) TNE jumps off the wagon at the L-1 threat.
LITERALLY jumps off
. I may have been the first one to use 'vengeful' in the thread, but she treated the vote like something toxic was about to go down and there was a bomb planted across the street in the L-1 building.

3) If TIP has control over something that's negative at L-1, he's been fixed on me most of the day. Until his last post, I would of easily presumed I would of been the target of that something negative. Don't care. Think it's a scum bluff. If he does something to me, well, I'll take it like a man.

4) Again, no one talks about their claim as 'shit is about to go down.' NO ONE.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #46) » Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 313, TheIrishPope wrote:Well, my vote isn't on anyone for now. Ghostlin, I did not town PR claim...
And Vegito, I don't understand your reasons. If you're not voting Ghostlin for obvious reasons then you are scum.
I didn't say you did. Rethink what normally happens at L-1. You normally claim then, right?

You implied shit was going to go down at L-1. I've never, EVER, played a mafia game where the claim reveal was so awesome it changed the tenor of the game, or made 'shit go down'. I've seen ones where scum GET LYNCHED for dumb claims, but that's not shit going down, that's business as usual.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #47) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 327, TheIrishPope wrote:Nah because when you voted for me I was at L-2 including Vegito's slot's vote, so that's why I am guessing L-3.
If you so desperately want to lynch a townie, vote for me now, regardless of VC, or do a VC yourself.
AtE. And I've used this as scum. *Eyeroll*

Also, why do I have the feeling that some of us are doing the heavy lifting and others aren't? Hamlet REALLY isn't contributing.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #48) » Thu May 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 357, TheIrishPope wrote:Guess scum doesn't understand sarcasm.
*Whistles and drops this HERE*

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... Confession
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #49) » Fri May 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 399, TheIrishPope wrote:Finally we can move on from this!
UNVOTE: Vegito
So what now?
Let me counter this with a "Why are you voting Vegito?" question. He seems Town to me.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #50) » Fri May 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Jesus Christ. From the top:

1) Yes. If I recognize a pattern I use as scum, that means YOU ARE PROBABLY FUCKING SCUM.

2) I refuse to hold your hand to click on a link. I dropped the link for a reason. Read it.

3) I legitimately missed this, so I'll address this to PimHel:

DP seemed like a newbie. I'm not sure if newbtown or newbscum, but the slot that's replacing him is reading town atm.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #51) » Fri May 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

1) What? You've never, EVER caught a player using something you've used as scum? NEVER ever?

2) A sarcastic confession is one where you sarcastically confess to something you are acutally doing and no one believes you because no one would be doing that.

Here's some WIFOM to make you understand it even more: Confessing sarcastically as scum in thread as scum seems less believable because supposedly no scum would do that.

3) Alright. Let me break it down for you: by the time you did your AtE, it seemed to have the effect of having no one vote for you. Ergo: scum.

DP's AtE was placed entirely around the newb card and replacing out--and really, after drooling all over the thread what a newbie he was seemed to reinforce it. Ergo: newb null--he might of replaced out because people were on his scent or legitimately town frustrated. Now we have Majiffy and Nacho, both of which are experienced players from the last time I played here and don't have that card.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #52) » Sun May 19, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Would lynch today: TNE, TIP, Hamlet

Would not lynch today: Bacde, Vegito, Fery, Ghostlin

The other two players are somewhat negotable in that I don't have reads on them.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #53) » Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Unvote. Vote: TNE.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #54) » Mon May 20, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 620, fferyllt wrote:
In post 619, Ghostlin wrote:
Unvote. Vote: TNE.
What's your rationale?
Mostly her twitchy jump off TIP. How she's been voting/unvoting him all day. The fact that the majority of what she's done this game isn't scumhunting. The fact she pretty much rooted around for Pope's full role.

The fact I don't support a Vegito lynch and do support this one.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #55) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Bacde, didn't you have an announcement?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #56) » Wed May 22, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 689, Hamlet wrote:
In post 686, Vegito wrote:Canadian politeness
Literally lol.

I take it you don't often interact with Canadians who are still alive.
Why aren't you lynched yet? You're fucking driving me crazy.

Unvote. Vote: Hamlet
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #57) » Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Why is Vegito at L-1? No, really. We've not had Doctor Pepper in over a week and he admitted himself he was in the newbie farm. Majiffy and Nacho are being a bit schizophrenic, but they both read Town to me.

So why are we pushing a lynch on an obvtown player?

If it's closer to deadline I'll fucking vote him to make sure we don't no-lynch, but I won't be fucking happy about it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #58) » Wed May 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Also, Bacde, with less than 48 hours left we need that announcement if it yields ANYTHING AT ALL. I see you posting on other threads, get your ass in here.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #59) » Wed May 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Right. *Eyeroll* Bacde, some analysis of the Vegito wagon, who do you like for scum would be appreciated.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #60) » Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 720, mrbungle wrote:ghost, why hamlet?
He's not even really pretending to scum hunt. His posts are almost entirely fluff.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (isolation #61) » Thu May 23, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 744, PimHel wrote:Unvote; Vote Ghostlin
Clarify this vote. What do you see scummy about me over Vegito or anyone else, and why would you try to build a wagon on me now?

Even better. Your reads, now.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”