UK Meet 2015 Invitational (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #166 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

hi everyone! it's annoying to be the only dude not on GMT here, but at least I semi-qualify for this because of The Pony Express? (it's a good thing I played Greater Idea at Pony Express or I probably would have had a heart attack reading this wincon.) I can't partake in any of the sick meet memes, but at least we have our express memes of sherlock on the train, mafia with train tickets, and me not eating food

the bad news is that I can't get started in earnest until my evening, which means realistically y'all will be asleep. but 7 pages is peanuts to catch up with a night so I'll be in full gear by the time GMT wakes up again.

I have sparse access throughout the workday but quite busy today so it won't be much. that being said, if you have questions that you think might have more illuminating answers when I read whatever posts you link in a vacuum*, it's a one-off chance to get those sorts of reads off me, so I guess have it.

*I did skim around ten minutes before accepting patrick's request to replace in, mostly to make sure this slot wasn't obvscum. my tinyskim reads are ampersand town and scum vibes on AV, feels like slapped in the face with a fish all over again.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #171 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 34, Primate wrote:But that's my niche!

Assuming the rushes are cause we're going to heavily favour certain hours.

I have a couple of reads but I feel they're biased towards the people that posting more, and I don't really have any confidence in them, so for now they they my secret reads.

Spoiler:
Shanba and CDB scum. No town reads yet. Ampersand is town but good.

this post was made with Primate still not having a vote down, awful

Nexus
, you never tried to recruit Primate to your CDB wagon even though he has no vote and noted CDB as at least a tentative tiny scumread. Why not?

In post 85, Nexus wrote:I had that brief "oh fucking hell, I'm being voted" drop in my stomach. Then I remembered who was voting for me, and chuckled.

SWAGGER TELL SWAGGER TELL N O P E
there was a vote nexus here but I guess swagger tell is vaguely diminished when their vote is right after your vote so I deleted it. You're still on watch though mister

AV:
What's Nexus's alignment?

In post 131, Porochaz wrote:Me too, this russian roulette style of game is not helping matters either, though AV isn't a horrible vote and looking through his iso's it's not just the me vote, it's the cdb vote as well. I'm not ready to lynch yet though, especially since I'd be surprised if anyone has a complete view of the game thus far, with a number of posters having barely posted.

unvote

In post 141, Porochaz wrote:Apologies, I was away and forgot to post in this game saying so.

vote AV

These are consecutive posts from Poro. That's a pretty unnatural progression. For someone who literally ten posts ago figured that no one has a complete view of the gamestate, you sure seem confident that the status quo is landing correctly.

I'll break the post here for readability. More comin up.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #172 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 151, AurorusVox wrote:I am posting just to post. I have no handle on the game except Prozac seemed scummy for his lolgambit and Fenchurch was doing a lot of heavy lifting for the hydra.

She's also suggesting I'm dodgy for not answering her question but I don't know what relevance her question has - I don't know what scumtells for specific people are (I've never understood this) and I'm not sure why she would want to know my understanding of her on-site meta when we have hardly played together online before.

This is dangerously going into the crappy semantic tells newbies love, but I can't help but feel that the use of past tense here is kind of scummy. Prozac *seemed* scummy? Fenchurch *was* doing? Well, what about now? Gross vibe of trying to ensure consistency with past content.

In post 157, Nexus wrote:Would it be bad form to say lynch the slot?

umm when you have, by your own admission, a ton of other scum reads? Yeah it'd be bad form! policy lynch lurksacks if you don't have anyone pretty to take to the ball, but this doesn't really read like someone drowning in scum reads.

In post 167, Shanba wrote:Hello hito

have we ever actually played mafia together? That is a seriously strange thing to consider but I sort of suspect the answer is no.

I think you/CES were a hydra in that awful hydra only game I played in as Copper. So...kind of?

In post 169, AurorusVox wrote:I don't know how to prove I'm town.

But AV-kun, surely you will prove your town when you claim your completely legitimate power role that you actually have??
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #173 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

AV, Nexus, primate are the worst three offenders, I think. Of those, AV-Nexus makes the most sense holistically.

prozac has had some sketch posts but I think the wagon flow as a whole exonerates him somewhat. still want his explanations because wagon flow isn't the strongest of factors, but it just doesn't feel like poro is scum, y'know?

Ampersand is obviously town. Shanba's point about the public discussions is quite relevant, engaged, good content, etc. CDB is almost certainly town as well; having just seen him deal with being town and under threat in SoV, this is exactly the same note.

elmo, shanba haven't really stuck in my brain one way or the other. which is actually a town tell because the bottom end of the scale is quite low down.

I've caught up and this would be an excellent spot for a vote, but I'm not going to vote yet! how mysterious. that hito guy must be up to something.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #177 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:14 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Unvote
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #179 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:42 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

that's not a nexus read!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #180 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:58 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

you know what, actually, you could tell me that's your read on Nexus and I'd probably believe you.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #182 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 181, AurorusVox wrote:My read on Nexus is NULL as I have very little reads at all.

AV wrote:Though I find it funny nexus unvoted. Did you expect an accidental hammer or do you believe there's a legitimate chance of scum quick/lolhammering?

second quote seems to strongly imply a Nexus-town read

Hey AV, I have the freedom to hammer you at any time or bring Poro to L-1, and right now I suspect you a good deal bit more than Poro. How does that make you feel?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #188 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:41 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 185, Ampersand wrote:Yes, please for the love of god claim AV, yes. Right now I still want to lynch you more than anyone else and your claim may well be a factor in either strengthening or weakening that feeling for me.

formally agreeing with this as one of the hammerkeepers

I think the whole focus on a explicit intent to hammer is strange. It's pretty clear where my mind is at. What are you waiting for? It feels like you're trying to have your claim come out as close to deadline as possible, which is more scum-motivated than town-motivated.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 190, Elmo wrote:
In post 178, AurorusVox wrote:v t n t y t ht bt cn b n m th ty t my yb h t ng yt gn...
Aaaaaaa, aa aaaa aa aaaaaaa aaaa a aaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aa aaaaaaa a aaaaa aaaaaa. Aaaaaaaaaaa, a aaa aaaa aaaaaaa aaaa!!

I wasn't at the meet so someone should tell me if this is some sort of meet reference, or whatever

In post 196, Shanba wrote:Not hammering AV. Some interesting stuff though - weird that he should claim and not reveal what the coded post was about? If he says he can't, then whatever, can't force him. 169 is a clear breadcrumb, the clearest of the bunch - the rest are nowhere near as clear - but agreed with whoever mentioned that there's no particular reason masons can't be scum in this setup. (I do think it's very likely that he is an actual mason.) Regardless, I'm not happy hammering him. Still think prozac's a better lynch.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be around tomorrow, so this vote is final.

Like hito's entry into the game quite a bit. (I had forgotten about that hydra game!) The nexus case is kinda interesting I guess but really the "Swagger tell" thing just reads like nexus being nexus.

I think CDB is slipping into the pattern that happens just before he gives up on a game and has to be replaced.

I'm getting some intense bad vibes off of this post. Not even a token effort to get us actually ON prozac. In fact his last like five mentions of prozac are saying "I still prefer prozac" but about the only mention of WHY he prefers prozac is something way back when that he admits was vibes.

Like reading this post, it seems pretty dang clear that Shanba knows AV is the lynch and isn't taking any real measure to deal with it, even though Zac is L-2 and convincing me to vote him would pretty much lock up the lynch. For all Shanba is saying he wants prozac lynched over AV, he doesn't seem to have any skin in that game (and in fact spends more time raising eyebrows as AV).

I don't know though, this gives me the worry that Shanba is scum and AV is a mislynch, but I don't think enough to turn me aside. AV's stance seems entirely affected, and his claim that he's trying to draw an NK seems very artifical. Especially because, on a poro scumflip, he would be a very likely kill target WITHOUT having to repeatedly softclaim - but it seems like AV hasn't considered that at all. Similarly with "I don't know how to prove I'm town" - absolutely no thought on the possible route of "we scumflip Poro and prove I'm very likely town". AV doesn't seem to even be considering the possibility that we could lynch someone else and have them flip scum today.

So I'll probably hammer AV around ~12 hours from this post? Would like Ampersands thoughts on that last Shanba post though. For now, it's bedtime.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:26 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

swagger tell is when someone responds to suspicion with "you won't be ABLE to lynch me", instead of regret that the vote is in play on the wrong person or analyzing the problems with the vote. Essentially even when you are correct that someone is low-capital enough that they cannot get you lynched, focusing on that instead of motivation is sketch

but yes, in this context it's less strong than usual because poro voted nexus right after nexus voted poro

hey Primate, what IS that obvious context w/r/t Nexus's comments about lynching my slot?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #207 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 203, Primate wrote:The obvious context wrt to Insp/you, is that we were one day from deadline with a blank spot in need of replacement. The right call was made by pat in extending the deadline, but I think it was reasonable enough to put that topic out for discussion in case pat didn't. I guess I mainly think you're wrong to see it as potential scum attempt to leverage the situation, and I feel it makes more sense as just a comment thrown out to help the mod and game respond to the situation.

When I've got a wagon on scum and someone ON the wagon flakes, I fucking love it. "Hey guys, the only way this vote gets in play today is if they're voting my suspect...I guess we're lynching them." Why would Nexus want to suddenly derail his own wagon in order to essentially policy lynch someone who's ALSO on his wagon? Why not just necromancer use that vote to get the Poro lynch done? This works BETTER, not worse, if the slot remains flaked and Pat doesn't extend the deadline.

AV's got a good point that Primate not hammering him is kind of sketch (but AV has him as a town read?) Not sure how to read it. Ultimately some of the wagonflow around AV is also sketchy - not as confident on this as I'd like to be, but it's still the best move.

Hammering at 50 past the hour, last thoughts if you got 'em.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #209 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:51 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote: AurorusVox

If I'm gone tomorrow, don't let Nexus/Shanba fall under the radar. Not saying I have them as a lock for scum or anything; just that that's where my pressure would be going if we had a week more. Also Primate's recent behavior w/r/t his Nexus read and him not hammering AV is strange.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #210 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:02 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

actually, if AV flips scum, Shanba looks pretty good - my suspicion on Shanba is mostly due to his post making me second-guess the AV lynch in the first place

I'd want to dig in to Nexus/Primate regardless of AV flip. Well, I guess because it's virtually guaranteed to be two scum, an AV scumflip helps Primate just in the sense that he can't then be Nexus's scumbuddy, and I think a lot of my uneasy feeling on Primate is the Primate <--> Nexus connection

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”